NATION

PASSWORD

A galaxy not so far away [FT][OOC][OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Future of the RP

Poll ended at Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:48 pm

-Keep current concept
67%
-Change concept to a region-based style
33%
-Change it to something else
No votes

Total votes : 3

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Vanquaria wrote:
The Cirin Alliance wrote:Alahana, would I be permitted to introduce a few NPC groups for my people to interact with? Two would become rival/enemy states to myself whilst another would eventually become a quiet ally and the final one being a pirate group that'll go for everyone.

I like that idea, perhaps Alliance explorers encounter your people and you begin firing without explanation upon seeing what the explorers look like.

Good idea. So basically oops.. No spoilers send u a telegram thx alanahana
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

The Cirin Alliance
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cirin Alliance » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Alahana wrote:
The Cirin Alliance wrote:Alahana, would I be permitted to introduce a few NPC groups for my people to interact with? Two would become rival/enemy states to myself whilst another would eventually become a quiet ally and the final one being a pirate group that'll go for everyone.

Depends on how these NPC's will influence the intergalactic theater in overall. Will they influence us? Will they sort of be part of your nation? Can you give me a little more information of these NPC groups you want to introduce?

1. As far as influencing everyone else I'm not sure, it will depend almost entirely on how the story evolves and how they react to different situations. Two groups which will definitely influence others will the Creer Syndicate and the UTC whilst the Souri Collective and the Republic of Daranir will depend on how things unfold.

2. The Creer Syndicate will definitely sort of be a part of my nation, just how I will explain below. As for the others I plan on eventually making them parts of my nation, as for how
old conflicts will reoccur, old wounds shall be torn open and the Alliance will have its revenge

3. The factions themselves are all human and older than my people by several hundred years, their pod was in the same condition as mine was and skyrocketed one of the faction technologically. All four use the same style of technology as I myself do by sheer coincidence/luck/handwavium/whichever just that pod has put them on the same level as myself, they were much less advanced than I am before the pod arrived (the pod showed them what they had been missing to get more advanced).

The Creer Syndicate: The Creer syndicate is a collection of four (six once I find the rest of the NPCs) families operating entirely outside of any laws but their own. The Syndicate families often vie for influence amongst one another to the point of almost killing one another but have a deep respect for each other, to ensure that no one family can become too powerful the families elect and Arbitrator every few years to mediate disputes between families and control the syndicate. Once Arbitrator one cannot show loyalty to any family lest the families depose them, they may extend protection to any individual they desire, issue death marks on those who fall out of their favour and have full power over the actions of the Syndicate from its base at Golgotha station.

The Syndicate are typically called pirates and are rather mixed ones at that, some Syndicate families hold slaves whilst other abhor the practice, some will space you and seize your cargo whilst others will hold you to ransom and some will let you run whilst they give chase revelling in the thrill of the hunt. The Syndicate has dealings with individuals on most worlds and stations moving drugs, people, guns, anything really through customs without questions being asked or papers being inspected, so long as someone is able to be bribed or cajoled into making them get their way they will continue with their operations making those who refuse to cooperate disappear.

The UTC: The UTC is technically the oldest of the lot, some history must be given to fully understand them, their position and the other two. You can skip it if you want.
On what they call Earth in 2093 the International Space Exploration Agency or I.S.E.A. was founded to control and regulate human space exploration.

In 2117 Earth founds its first colony on another planet heralding what many believe to be a bright future for humanity.

In 2120 the first asteroid mining bases are established bringing large quantities of minerals and materials back to Earth alongside new materials for study.

In 2124 the first FTL engine is developed revealing Riftspace though it is deemed unfit for human travel but its discovery nonetheless brings about new optimism for interstellar colonisation and exploration.

It is in 1238 that the first interstellar conflict erupts following increasing tensions in the systems asteroid belt escalate to bloodshed as competing mining companies ram each others ships and some captains mount crude weapons on their vessels.

By 2141 Earth regards the belt conflict as a full-scale war now having cost hundreds of lives prompting the I.S.E.A. to commission patrol ships armed with missiles to enforce peace.

In 2146 FTL travel is finally declared safe for human use with the I.S.E.A. director announcing a "new era of hope for humanity, as we finally embrace our destiny among the stars". Surveyors begin searching for nearby habitable systems to colonise.

In 2163 the Tau Ceti system is colonised and the I.S.E.A. is reformed as the Earth Alliance as a governing body for all colonies.

By 2180 additional colonies have been established in other nearby systems like Epsilon Eridani and Wolf-359.

In the 2230s Tau Ceti, a now successful and prosperous world starts to be called "New Eden". With terraforming technology now becoming effective dozens of worlds across a variety of systems become viable worlds for colonisation. Millions begin to flee an over-polluted, over-populated Earth in search of a "Fresh Start on a pristine world".

In 2268 with the majority of humanity now living on planets other than Earth the EA begins to hand exploration and colonisation over to private interests so that it may focus on government.

In the 2270s with the population of Earth significantly dropping each year the largest global recession in history occurs. Petty wars break out again for the first time in almost 200 years increasing the rate of exodus. Earth begins to be seen as a mistake to be learned from, one not to be repeated.

In 2462 riots and bloodshed erupt on the distant colony of Lollen-Gunya following famine and escalating unemployment. The EA deploys troops to establish order but the situation spirals rapidly out of control resulting in armed conflict between the colonists and the EA forces. The situation further worsens as additional troops are deployed to Lollen-Gunya and martial law is declared, many colonies decry this as an illegal invasion further worsening the situation.

In 2467 with martial law still in effect and thousands dying every day Lollen-Gunya has become a warzone. An alliance of colonies calling themselves the "Freedom Initiative" declare that the EA must withdraw from Lollen-Gunya to allow reconstruction to begin whilst secretly supplying the insurgents with weapons.

In 2468 an EA diplomat is killed in an explosion whilst visiting Lollen-Gunya, chemical analysis shows that the chemicals used came from the colony of Crion, one of the Initiatives founding members. The EA declares the Initiative to be an illegal organisation and demands a change in leadership for all involved colonies stating its preparedness to deploy troops in order to oversee the changes. The move is met with open defiance with many more colonies flocking to their banner saying that the Earth Alliance has no right to interfere in the democratic processes of these worlds. The Alliance is divided as several core worlds demand that the troops be withdrawn from the border worlds.

Refusing to "negotiate with terrorists" the EA deploys a fleet to Crion, one of the sectors largest colonies. It is met by a fleet composed of vessels from the colonies in the Initiative. A standoff occurs and both sides blame the other for firing first, all that is clear is that a bloody battle erupts resulting in the Initiative fleet being defeated and scattered whilst the weakened EA fleet occupies the planet. The EA declares that the same fate awaits any colony which supports the insurgents.

The Freedom Initiative becomes the "League for Independence" and places pressure on the EA to allow any colony independence if they want it. The Leagues first priority is the liberation of Crion and Lollen-Gunya.

In 2469 the amount of colonies demanding independence continues to grow with both sides increasing militarisation leading to talks of a possible war on the horizon. The EA continues in its refusal to grant independence.

In 2470 the question of independence is on everyone's lips, bloody skirmishes are increasing in frequency and frustration over the EA's apparent stagnation grows greatly. The EA finally receives an ultimatum from the League "Leave Crion or lose it".

A massive League fleet appears in orbit of Crion and immediately engages EA forces in orbit. Despite a high cost the EA is defeated and Crion is liberated, the provisional government declares itself the first of many to be liberated from Earth's oppression. The day after the assault colonies governor states "When we first started to walk among the stars, we were just children. We had hopes, we had dreams, but Earth was still our home. Now, however, we are no longer children. We have made the stars our homes, with have built communities and created new ways of life. We are many generations removed from that tired, old world, and if that anicent relic is the face of our past, then I say it is time to look to the future. It is time to throw aside the old ways and embrace the new. If you dare to hope for freedom, if you dare to dream of exploring new and wonderful ideas, then join us! It is time to change the galaxy!"

More worlds flock to the League as war sweeps across the known galaxy.

In 2472 the governor of Crion, now a League General, is assassinated by the EA becoming a martyr for the cause.

By 2486 millions have died in the war for independence but the League clearly has the upper hand. With the war threatening to spill into the Tau Ceti and Sol systems the EA declares its sudden willingness to negotiate.

Following months of discussion between representatives of all colonies it is agreed that any colony which wants independence shall receive it. However due to the widespread damage from the war it is agreed that a central government will be needed to oversee reparations and aid. The Earth Alliance is dissolved in favour of the new United Terran Coalition with its Capital on Tau Ceti. The Coalition is composed of several member worlds which become the first state with other colonies being permitted membership if they wish as either states or protectorates depending on their population as part of the reconstruction process.

One of these protectorates is the Republic of Daranir which remained neutral during the war and escaped largely unscathed by the conflict. Several groups however refuse to join the Coalition and enact isolationist policies, the most significant of which being the newly formed Sourishi Collective.

The Coalition began as three states and seven protectorates but has since increased to six states with a varying number of protectorates as political conditions change. All member nations of the Coalition are governed by universal laws and enjoy trade and political benefits. The Coalition does not however recognise certain governments, subjecting some to sanctions or even embargoes. Despite being amongst the wealthiest nations in the region the ITC and its members are often decried by protectorates and non-aligned worlds who feel abandoned by the Coalition.

The Coalition remains one of the most powerful and most advanced groups in its region eclipsed only by the Sourishi Collective, their towering warships quickly end many disputes with their presence alone never mind their powerful weapons or superb armour. The Coalition intervenes like America in many ways, often claiming to be acting for justice or to be bringing 'freedom' in order to achieve its goals towards a certain nation whether it be gaining access to resources or being overzealous in their application of the law.

The Republic of Daranir: The Republic of Daranir is a democratic monarchy and draws unrest from the Coalition due to their method of royal succession. Though the Republic Chancellor wields supreme power he is ultimately answerable to the democratically elected parliament who can depose him by majority vote. The citizens of the republic enjoy relatively comfortable lives fuelled by steady trade and a robust economy, many are able to easily afford cosmetic augs though many others are hardly able to have a decent meal.

The Republic caused a large amount of controversy at the end of the war with the colonies forming it having decried their neighbours for fighting in the war they reaped the benefits of the victory. When the chance came they were among the first to declare their independence and are now petitioning the UTC to become the seventh state of the Coalition.

The Sourishi Collective: Terrifyingly advanced and mysterious the Collective remains in their space forcefully ensuring that no interlopers may bother them in their seclusion. Many rumours abound as to their ways of life and government as all that is known of them is their Behemoths, what amount to mobile space stations bristling with weapons and encased in more armour than has ever been seen on a ship outside the Collective.

The collective however are not inherently violent despite being quick to fire on intruders, they have a deep seated distrust of those aligned with the UTC but will interact with those who are not aligned with them, in secret of course. Hailing a Sourishi vessel is impossible as they refuse to initiate ship-to-ship comms with outsiders, all contact is however performed in person by individuals who arrive at a planet in a small stealth craft to negotiate with a planets leadership. The Sourishi themselves are all connected via extremely well protected wireless network links allowing them to quickly and efficiently talk with one another, at 18 all Sourishi capable of being responsible for their own actions are implanted with a wireless network implant through which they may partake in governmental decisions from wherever they are. The Sourishi are not a people with a government, they are their government using their wireless augmentations they may interact in public forums discussing everything from politics to sport, entertainment to simple conversation and it it common in Sourishi territory not to see anyone talking though laughter or shouts of anger are common.

Alahana
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Vanquaria wrote:
Vanquaria wrote:Good idea. So basically oops.. No spoilers send u a telegram thx alanahana

"alanahana"

The Cirin Alliance wrote:-snip-

I'll dicuss this with the CO-OP.
"Even When broken a sword may still cut."
Crowned Republic
Monarch is Phoenix King Gerrit II
Population of 104 million

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian
Hobbies are Gaming, MMA and bodybuilding
Security agent and wannabe DJ
♫♫I'm a hardbass junkie♫♫

Embassy program | Factbook | Wiki page | Deviantart page
Tech: mainly MT/PMT | DEFCON 5: Peacetime | Demonym : Alahanese

Valdiu
Minister

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:47 pm

Tag b4 karlito gets all the halo
| [0] | [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] |
[Mobilization Underway]
Population: 32,263,671
Military size: ~350,000, T3R: 2.7/1
The Republic of Valdiu
16-year old and social democrat
Jazz trombonist, cynic and student journalist
I enjoy CS:GO.
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-
Currently Playing | Mr. Rogers 2020

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:00 am

btw just a head up.
Today, the NEw Horizons space craft will fly by Pluto, giving the first real close up images of the planet!
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:54 am

After consulting with the CO-OP, we have decided that you are allowed to use these NPC factions.
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

The Cirin Alliance
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cirin Alliance » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Alahana wrote:

After consulting with the CO-OP, we have decided that you are allowed to use these NPC factions.

Thak you.

Unrelated not, you ecited for New Horizon images?

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:19 pm

The Cirin Alliance wrote:
Alahana wrote:After consulting with the CO-OP, we have decided that you are allowed to use these NPC factions.

Thak you.

Unrelated not, you ecited for New Horizon images?

Already saw them :)
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Dixmix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dixmix » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:09 pm

What will be the name of your galactic nation? Abronok Khan'if Ta'van
Where will be the seat of power for your glorious nation? Ere Manti
And where is this located? Near the Core of the galaxy
How do we call the people of your nation? There are two types, one is called the Unuk and the other is Xeniki
Are they human, or something else? The Unuk are humanoid but Xeniki are not
And who leads this nation? Xeniki Talhone
Well, that sounds nice, could you tell me more about your nation?
The people on this planet are actual mutants and as a byproduct to a nuclear and biological fallout that turned their planet into a different atmosphere and biological culture than they were use to. The former government that ruled the planet for a short time was called the Dogma and they had almost brought their people into spacefaring if it wasn't the Cult of Xeniki who made themselves into a race of plantlike hybrids who connected their minds together in a way that they could become powerful together without being a hive mind but they were able to shoot out spores that cause the people to go berserk and turn on each other and the colonies of their system.

The Collapse of Dogma had brought many of their colonies to be uninhabitable and their homeworld a post apocalyptic state for nearly centuries until the biological weapons that were unleashed during the Collapse started to modify the worlds atmosphere and biological state to bring the planet back to life in a sort of prehistoric state with technology being preserved by the Xeniki and the original creatures became mutated into the Unuk and none have any retaining their history or what they once were. The Xeniki had taught them the old technology and told them that they were gods and now they fight and work for them in their tribes.
Great, now finally, do you agree with the rules and will you be able to play by them? Yes.

Vogega
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vogega » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 pm

NEO, at this rate your species will be extinct before they have good space travel.
And VAMPIRES!!!
Psi Levels
1-few, weak powers
2-many weak powers
3-many average/weak powers
4-few strong/lots of average/weak powers
5-may strong/lots of average/weak powers
6-god-like power/lots of strong/weak/average powers

Weapons
Plasma-burns holes in stuff
Ion-causes objects to explode/strips shields
Gauss-strips at a molecular level
Kinetic-guns
Laser-low lethality, accurate

Ship Sizes
Organized smallest to largest with smallest at the top.
Drone
Fighter
Bomber
Assault Craft
Corvette
Frigate
Destroyer
Cruiser
Battlecruiser
Battleship
Dreadnought

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:44 pm

Dixmix wrote:What will be the name of your galactic nation? Abronok Khan'if Ta'van
Where will be the seat of power for your glorious nation? Ere Manti
And where is this located? Near the Core of the galaxy
How do we call the people of your nation? There are two types, one is called the Unuk and the other is Xeniki
Are they human, or something else? The Unuk are humanoid but Xeniki are not
And who leads this nation? Xeniki Talhone
Well, that sounds nice, could you tell me more about your nation?
The people on this planet are actual mutants and as a byproduct to a nuclear and biological fallout that turned their planet into a different atmosphere and biological culture than they were use to. The former government that ruled the planet for a short time was called the Dogma and they had almost brought their people into spacefaring if it wasn't the Cult of Xeniki who made themselves into a race of plantlike hybrids who connected their minds together in a way that they could become powerful together without being a hive mind but they were able to shoot out spores that cause the people to go berserk and turn on each other and the colonies of their system.

The Collapse of Dogma had brought many of their colonies to be uninhabitable and their homeworld a post apocalyptic state for nearly centuries until the biological weapons that were unleashed during the Collapse started to modify the worlds atmosphere and biological state to bring the planet back to life in a sort of prehistoric state with technology being preserved by the Xeniki and the original creatures became mutated into the Unuk and none have any retaining their history or what they once were. The Xeniki had taught them the old technology and told them that they were gods and now they fight and work for them in their tribes.
Great, now finally, do you agree with the rules and will you be able to play by them? Yes.

Looks good to me, accepted.
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:23 am

Vogega wrote:NEO, at this rate your species will be extinct before they have good space travel.
And VAMPIRES!!!

Actually I had planned the failure of the first one since the beginning, which was hinted at the "Project Starfire".
See the original Neo ORB naval line was from when I first started getting into FT five years ago, back with Xenohumainity and Necrisis and Ben Boys at that time I had read Jenrak own Personal FT race and had then started playing with the idea myself.

"The Nare" quite simply were born from my fascination with angels as a child, although I'm not religious in anyway but the idea that there was something protecting me constantly was a nice idea. and as a child I had been more intuned with the Supernatural due to various factors that do not currently need to be spoken of(TG if you want to know tho.). you know you want to XD

anyway the first classification the (Airdren) was born form that concept Airdren being a simple mix of the words "Air" and "Children"
and originally had the airdren being a race with eight wings, I cut that down to four in later musings.

The Second Classiafation "The Messangers" were based off of Ants/Wolves and parts of some of Jenrak's species.
at that time, I was going through a nostalgia phase as I had found a picture of my first dog who had been a cross breed between a German Shepard and a Wolf pup who had been domesticated. and while playing StarCraft as the Zerg (Go rush's Go!)

It was the Zerg rush's that I played and got beat into that gave me my main battle tactics of the Nare as a Collective, being a gentle race for the most part until angry when they would go into a blood rage and mindlessly wipe out anything that opposed them like demons.
However that wasn't enough, so to make them even more I added the early concept ability of a sort of semi controlled psi field around their hands and fingers which they use to trap air, water... ect and vibrate it making there hands turn into blades/ claws for there weapons of choice. of course I limited this god power to a range of a meter in effect. further more, its also the reason they don't generally wear armor since against a blade that can pretty much cut through anything wouldn't protect them anyway.

however in later thought even I found this ability was far too godly, so I limited it only to the First classification, being the Airdren.
It was shortly after that that I gave them the 2nd Ability which was Genetic infection. This one applies to all the Nare with varying rates between the classifications. Its main transmission method is only through the effect of fluids (Blood, Saliva... reproductive secretions... ect). Simply getting Nare blood on your skin can infect you, however such rates are 1-5M so chances for such infection are very minimal.

the third classification is for the more severe class's of the Nare.
One such being is the Temptress, based as your correct guess, of on vampires. holding beauty, charm, pheromones and brute strength as their weapons. They temp men, women and beast alike searching for a sort of soul mate, however in order to become a Temptress, one must not only suffer grievous wounds, but it must be done from start to finish by a Temptress while she infects a victim as she consumes them.
The rates of becoming a Temptress are in fact so low, a rate of 1-1B so that even if they wanted to grow to some sort of huge population. They would run out of victims to infect long before they even passed a handful of population.
Temptress however do have a sort of sister subspecies which is the songstress. which are biased off of the Lorelei.
One partial exception to the rates however is Lorthous.
Last edited by Neo ORB on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nare [FT]/Shattered Day Enterprise's [FT]
2015 P2TM Nominated for Best School-based RP character
There is no Neo Orb. Only "The Nare". Unless its MT.

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:46 am

Neo ORB wrote:
Vogega wrote:NEO, at this rate your species will be extinct before they have good space travel.
And VAMPIRES!!!

Actually I had planned the failure of the first one since the beginning, which was hinted at the "Project Starfire".
See the original Neo ORB naval line was from when I first started getting into FT five years ago, back with Xenohumainity and Necrisis and Ben Boys at that time I had read Jenrak own Personal FT race and had then started playing with the idea myself.

"The Nare" quite simply were born from my fascination with angels as a child, although I'm not religious in anyway but the idea that there was something protecting me constantly was a nice idea. and as a child I had been more intuned with the Supernatural due to various factors that do not currently need to be spoken of(TG if you want to know tho.). you know you want to XD

anyway the first classification the (Airdren) was born form that concept Airdren being a simple mix of the words "Air" and "Children"
and originally had the airdren being a race with eight wings, I cut that down to four in later musings.

The Second Classiafation "The Messangers" were based off of Ants/Wolves and parts of some of Jenrak's species.
at that time, I was going through a nostalgia phase as I had found a picture of my first dog who had been a cross breed between a German Shepard and a Wolf pup who had been domesticated. and while playing StarCraft as the Zerg (Go rush's Go!)

It was the Zerg rush's that I played and got beat into that gave me my main battle tactics of the Nare as a Collective, being a gentle race for the most part until angry when they would go into a blood rage and mindlessly wipe out anything that opposed them like demons.
However that wasn't enough, so to make them even more I added the early concept ability of a sort of semi controlled psi field around their hands and fingers which they use to trap air, water... ect and vibrate it making there hands turn into blades/ claws for there weapons of choice. of course I limited this god power to a range of a meter in effect. further more, its also the reason they don't generally wear armor since against a blade that can pretty much cut through anything wouldn't protect them anyway.

however in later thought even I found this ability was far too godly, so I limited it only to the First classification, being the Airdren.
It was shortly after that that I gave them the 2nd Ability which was Genetic infection. This one applies to all the Nare with varying rates between the classifications. Its main transmission method is only through the effect of fluids (Blood, Saliva... reproductive secretions... ect). Simply getting Nare blood on your skin can infect you, however such rates are 1-5M so chances for such infection are very minimal.

the third classification is for the more severe class's of the Nare.
One such being is the Temptress, based as your correct guess, of on vampires. holding beauty, charm, pheromones and brute strength as their weapons. They temp men, women and beast alike searching for a sort of soul mate, however in order to become a Temptress, one must not only suffer grievous wounds, but it must be done from start to finish by a Temptress while she infects a victim as she consumes them.
The rates of becoming a Temptress are in fact so low, a rate of 1-1B so that even if they wanted to grow to some sort of huge population. They would run out of victims to infect long before they even passed a handful of population.
Temptress however do have a sort of sister subspecies which is the songstress. which are biased off of the Lorelei.
One partial exception to the rates however is Lorthous.

Ah now I am able to understand the thing that happened to Yuli xD
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Vogega
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vogega » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:54 am

Was the dead bridge officer a temptress then?
Psi Levels
1-few, weak powers
2-many weak powers
3-many average/weak powers
4-few strong/lots of average/weak powers
5-may strong/lots of average/weak powers
6-god-like power/lots of strong/weak/average powers

Weapons
Plasma-burns holes in stuff
Ion-causes objects to explode/strips shields
Gauss-strips at a molecular level
Kinetic-guns
Laser-low lethality, accurate

Ship Sizes
Organized smallest to largest with smallest at the top.
Drone
Fighter
Bomber
Assault Craft
Corvette
Frigate
Destroyer
Cruiser
Battlecruiser
Battleship
Dreadnought

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:57 am

Vogega wrote:Was the dead bridge officer a temptress then?

The captain was the temptress I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, it was a long text so it is quite possible that I didn't remember everything correctly xD
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:41 am

Alahana wrote:
Vogega wrote:Was the dead bridge officer a temptress then?

The captain was the temptress I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, it was a long text so it is quite possible that I didn't remember everything correctly xD

Sequence of events, was that "Anyu Queen", was a unknowing carrier of the mutation that enabled a Temptress to be born but was not one herself. Similar to how one might get sick and the virus mutates into a new strain.

When she died during the acceleration, her Hygaas organ, a small blatter which saturates a Airdren's body with hydrogen which helps enable their flight exploded when she died, this is caused her fluids to splatter. You can think of it as a sort of bomb which activates upon death if pierced. And since her body was literally crushed by G-force, ya... boom!

The captain "Yuli Ronqi" was indeed the Temptress or more accurately mutated into a Temptress when Anyu's blood splashed all over her, this allowed the Temptress gene to enter throught the skin and start its rapid mutation, which made the host (Yuli) into a temptress.
But wait Neo, this contradicts with what was said prior? for "In order to become a Temptress, one must not only suffer grievous wounds, but it must be done from start to finish by a Temptress while she infects a victim as she consumes them." So then how did Yuli simply by getting blood splashed on her allow her to mutate?.

The answer is actually simple, Lorthous (The "Mother" of the Nare) wanted her to become a Temptress, See Lorthous's title as "Mother" in not just some random thing, It's because she is actually the very peak of the Nare mutations, Abet unknowingly.
See to the Nare, Lorthous becomes a religious godesss figure after her eventual death, hundred and thousands of year's later.
but its during these "Unknown" times when Lorthous was alive that she seeded what is to become the majority of classification's within the Nare collective in later years.

Lorthous is sort of like a small mobile field due to being the peak. If your one of the Nare and even within a significant distance of Lorthous for a long period of time, mutations can happen almost overnight, such two cases are with Yuli and Jess, who's backstories I am going to reveal in the next post.

So when she said "The only reward I need is you making it back here safely my children." was because she already knew to some degree that something was going to happen due to "Seeker" genetics within her. However she only knew of one Temptress being born, not two which was also why she was dumbfounded because the chances of it happening are literally so small.
and yes... something is going to happen to Jess soon... (Evil Smile).
Last edited by Neo ORB on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valdiu
Minister

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valdiu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:44 pm

What will be the name of your galactic nation?: Stellar Valdian Empire
Where will be the seat of power for your glorious nation?: Reach is our homeworld, but we basically shuttle ourselves around wherever just 'cuz
And where is this located?: 7.5, halfway between I and J
How do we call the people of your nation? Telephone, please. (Jk, demonym is Valdian)
Are they human, or something else? Human.
And who leads this nation? Current High Lord President is George Blaine, but The Advisor, an collection of AIs of all Valdian presidents 2100-onwards helps out a lot. (COuld i make it all of them? Is DNA cloning allowed?)
Well, that sounds nice, could you tell me more about your nation? Halo 4 human tech (No Array, no Composer, no Didact). That's about it.
Backstory'll develop as the RP goes on.
Great, now finally, do you agree with the rules and will you be able to play by them? Yep.
| [0] | [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] |
[Mobilization Underway]
Population: 32,263,671
Military size: ~350,000, T3R: 2.7/1
The Republic of Valdiu
16-year old and social democrat
Jazz trombonist, cynic and student journalist
I enjoy CS:GO.
I hate the idea that someone out there hates me. I even hate that Al-Qaeda hates me. I think if they got to know me they wouldn’t hate me.

President Alexander Sterling | Vice President Aaron Victoria | Director of Foreign Affairs Mitchell Thromright

-
Currently Playing | Mr. Rogers 2020

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Valdiu wrote:What will be the name of your galactic nation?: Stellar Valdian Empire
Where will be the seat of power for your glorious nation?: Reach is our homeworld, but we basically shuttle ourselves around wherever just 'cuz
And where is this located?: 7.5, halfway between I and J
How do we call the people of your nation? Telephone, please. (Jk, demonym is Valdian)
Are they human, or something else? Human.
And who leads this nation? Current High Lord President is George Blaine, but The Advisor, an collection of AIs of all Valdian presidents 2100-onwards helps out a lot. (COuld i make it all of them? Is DNA cloning allowed?)
Well, that sounds nice, could you tell me more about your nation? Halo 4 human tech (No Array, no Composer, no Didact). That's about it.
Backstory'll develop as the RP goes on.
Great, now finally, do you agree with the rules and will you be able to play by them? Yep.

You are accepted. Welcome!
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:05 am

Neo ORB so you are now making a system that will ultimately destroy yourself?
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:30 am

Is there going to be a limit of nations? When will you stop the creation of new nations?
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:54 am

Vanquaria wrote:Is there going to be a limit of nations? When will you stop the creation of new nations?

When the galaxy is full or something? I don't know ^^
Why? Do you think it is to crowded already?

==edit==
Dixmix, skyfish that size? More like sky whales xD
Last edited by Alahana on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:15 am

Nah just wondering

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:43 am

Alahana wrote:Neo ORB so you are now making a system that will ultimately destroy yourself?

No see, as this genetic infection of the Nare can change a regular person into one of the Nare within days to sometimes years.
So the Nare want to eventually build a sort of technical system all throughout their system that would move the entire region into a sort of separate dimension.

although, I do have something that can system kill very easily... but its sort of indirect SK but i'll leave that for the outsiders...
he he he... and no, its not a weapon, but It can be weaponized. and its indirect because it's a form of FTL travel.

also this might help for the FT travel crowd in case you want to personalize it a bit more.
1. "Alcubierre" FTL: Exploiting, typically through gravitational pressure, the fact that space must travel at v>C (a velocity greater than the speed of light) and, as such, is not bound by the restrictions of special relativity or its limits of frames of reference; therefore, utilizing (typically through gravity manipulation) a localized region of space to create an energy-density less-than the energy-density of the vacuum, causing said localized region of space (which encapsulates a vessel) to accelerate, without violating special relativity insofar as the observer is concerned. Aka: Bubble of space with ship in it accelerates faster than C or otherwise moves at a velocity greater than C instantly, tugging the ship along.
2. Einstein-Rosen Bridge/Wormhole FTL: Utilizing a region of spacetime which has a trivial topological distance, but simultaneously cannot be simply connected or subject to 1-connectivity (eg. a wormhole).
3. Foldspace FTL: Utilizing, typically through gravitational pressure, a fulcrum coordinate relative to two points in spacetime to generate a localized region of spacetime where gravity causes a physical deformity, topological defect, or a soliton, allowing for otherwise two distinct and non-localized points to become localized points with trivial topological distance (or net-0 topological distance) that is subject to simple connectivity or 1-connectivity (eg. a single point in spacetime).
4. Mass Manipulation FTL: Exploiting the theory (and probable fact) that any n-object of matter with mass cannot accelerate to or exceed C, that any n-object of matter without (rest) mass cannot accelerate beyond C or decelerate below C (eg. a photon, the quanta of light), and that any n-object of matter with negative (or imaginary) mass cannot decelerate below C; as such, utilizing SCIENCE™ to artificially lower the rest mass of a given n-object (such as a ship) to a negative (or imaginary) mass, forcing instantaneous velocities which are greater than C.
5. "Punching Holes in Spacetime" FTL: Comparable to "Foldspace FTL" and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge/Wormhole FTL" in the sense that it exploits a region of space by making two distinct points in spacetime localized with a trivial topological distance (or net-0 distance) and may or may not be subject to 1-connectivity, but does so through, effectively, "punching holes" (sometimes outright making wormholes) without the utilization of a third-coordinate fulcrum (as in "Foldspace FTL").
6. Sub/Hyperspace or n-Dimensional Volume FTL: Going to another n-dimensional volume of altered spacetime (such as subspace, hyperspace, n-Space, etc.) where the laws of physics vary, allowing for FTL transit.
Last edited by Neo ORB on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dixmix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dixmix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 am

Alahana wrote:
Vanquaria wrote:Is there going to be a limit of nations? When will you stop the creation of new nations?

When the galaxy is full or something? I don't know ^^
Why? Do you think it is to crowded already?

==edit==
Dixmix, skyfish that size? More like sky whales xD

They can get larger as big as cities once every 200 years.

Alahana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:57 am

@Valdiu, for some reason I read your IC post as it was a poem :S
Crowned Republic

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"