NATION

PASSWORD

From the Frozen Depths (OOC/Sign-Up Thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:53 am

Yep, and at the approx. speed of 6KM per hour it will take 20 minutes to reach bottom using the lift.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Dastardly Stench
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dastardly Stench » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 am

How long:

Distance: Square root of five (a little under two and a quarter) kilometers.

Time: About 20 minutes, as noted. Would have been less if travel was all at constant rate, but additional
time will be required to accelerate and decelerate.

:) :) :)

Question: if the builders did things on the cheap, what are the chances of mechanical failure, given the lack of proper maintenance on those facilities?
Last edited by Dastardly Stench on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace, Shal of Tanaara. 1/17/2010.

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 am

You mean when the victi, er, players are trying to escape?

Never thought of it at all.

I also never thought of having "something" on the other platform while it nears in the middle of the trip...

/innocent

As far as the RP goes, if we wanted to get going again, the troopers at the bottom have stepped off (powers of the OP flexed) in order for us to get moving again.
Last edited by Balrogga on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 am

We have waited long enough, please continue with the RP. When you get to the bottom there will be signs the others hadbeen there but they will not be found. If the Poster has not shown up by Monday then you will find them (or not) in the city where they went ahead to investigate.

I do not want this to die due to waiting for a single player to post. Continue along please.

Ordering lunch

Dastardly Stench
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dastardly Stench » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Methinks that the waiting list may need a-drainin'.

:) :) :)

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:08 pm

i would defiantely join if im allowed
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Dastardly Stench
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dastardly Stench » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Hate to be a party pooper, but, Bal, it looks like you've lost your first round of participants--and you've obviously got some new recruits. Might you think about letting Round II move in?

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:24 pm

I will give everyone three days from this post to respond after which their expidition will be considered "lost". After that time has passed I will post here and open it up to those on the waiting list in the order thay are listed.

Ordering lunch

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Remember, tonight after I get home from work will be the expiration of the three days I have given those in the RP to post. So far only Red Talons has posted from his excavation of the southern city but nothing from the rest in the northern city.

It will be about another 4 1/2 hours yet before the deadline expires based on the timestamp of the last post I made above in this Thread.

Ordering lunch

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Time is up, the three days have passed so the expedition to the northern city fell silent and someone will have to discover what happened to them.

If any of those players wish to continue they can post wanting on the reserve and send another one when it is their turn but now it is too late. I hope you understand.

I have edited the list and if you are on it but are not interested please let me know so I can strike you from the list and open it to someone else.

Ordering lunch

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:42 pm

bump for interest >.>
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 am

For the new arrivals, continue the story with how you found out about the situation (remember, even though they shut off the distress signal light on the counter it does not mean they disabled the actual transmission, just the counsel they saw the blinking light) and go from there. Have fun and send in more cannon fodder, the "enemy" is still hungry. Pretend it is ordering more delivery.

In case you need the link to the IC Thread, here it is:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34499
Last edited by Balrogga on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ordering lunch

Northern Rangeria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Rangeria » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Fair enough. Apologies for the long silence, I've been under the weather with a most virulent seasonal flu. Sleeping and drinking brandy-laced tea has been just about the only things I have managed to do the past week or so...

Northern Rangeria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Rangeria » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Although in all honesty I was waiting for any news whether one of the ground team managed to jury-rig anything out of that piece of tech they found...

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Did you mean the "generic basic-tech tracker someone ripped out of the snow vehicle before taking it out onto the surface to get away from what was happening in the dig" clue? Sorry, I missed that but thought I posted. I will put you back in if you wish.

The team below disappeared if you want to continue on yourself. The tracker only transmits a signal for the control room to pick up, it is not fancy enough to keep track of data. It was just a clue to show there was a vehicle missing that it belonged to.

Ordering lunch

Northern Rangeria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Rangeria » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 am

Well, put me in if that's okay. I mean, the ship is still in orbit...

Dastardly Stench
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dastardly Stench » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:57 am

After all this time, I, unfortunately, will be unable to participate in this thread for the time being.

I'm in another, very similar thread, using the same characters, and it will be no good to anybody if I get them confused.

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Dastardly Stench wrote:After all this time, I, unfortunately, will be unable to participate in this thread for the time being.

I'm in another, very similar thread, using the same characters, and it will be no good to anybody if I get them confused.

I'll punt you back to the Reserved List then.

Ordering lunch

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 pm

i posted awhile back
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 am

Sorry, I worked this weekend and had to run to my grandmother's Monday (she is not doing well...). I will get a post for you as soon as I can. I need to find out about the ships left in orbit before I can post because you would have seen or detected them.

Ordering lunch

Dastardly Stench
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dastardly Stench » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Balrogga wrote:
Dastardly Stench wrote:After all this time, I, unfortunately, will be unable to participate in this thread for the time being.

I'll punt you back to the Reserved List then.

Thank you. I will continue to read the thread.

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Northern Rangeria wrote:Well, put me in if that's okay. I mean, the ship is still in orbit...

What is the ship doing? North Calaveras would have possibly been able to interact with it as their ship neared the planet.

Ordering lunch

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:08 am

I am still waiting to find out about the Northern Rangeria ship in orbit that North Calaveras would have encountered, or at the very least detected, as it approached the planet.

I want to continue the RP bit I need info.

Ordering lunch

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 am

I vote the inactive people get dropped... I'd personally really love to continue this story, and i'm frustrated that i cant have fun because other people cant be bothered to post even on the OOC thread....
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Dastardly Stench
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dastardly Stench » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Red Talons wrote:I vote the inactive people get dropped... I'd personally really love to continue this story, and i'm frustrated that i cant have fun because other people cant be bothered to post even on the OOC thread....

Lurk lurk lurk.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents