NATION

PASSWORD

Old Friends, Reunited (Closed|ATTN Kylarnatia)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Aquilinia
Senator

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Old Friends, Reunited (Closed|ATTN Kylarnatia)

Postby Aquilinia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:37 pm

The deep dark before dawn's first light seems eternal,
But know that the sun always rises. -- Chant of Light, Glory 7.2

The Imperial Vicary
Fort Aquilaine, Francia
The United Empire of Aquilinia

28/01/1306 And.
13.40 IST

"Congratulations again, Serah Steele." The Empress smiled at the new Vicar as she turned to leave the office. "I trust you will lead our Empire well." The Vicar bowed. "Thank you, your Majesty. I will do my best." "I know you will, Elizabeth. Maker's blessings upon you. May he lead us into a new Age of Glory."

14/02/1306 And.
12.15 IST

Finally, it was done. The law that had isolated the United Empire from the rest of the world had been struck out, and Aquilina was ready to take its place in the world again. And it was just in time. Once again, the situation in the region was heating up, and it appeared that a new, great war was on the horizon. Trade and travel with the rest of the world had been reestablished several years ago, but it had been decided that the Empire would need a few more years to prepare its return to the international stage. But, finally, that day had come. Citizens all over the nation were celebrating the announcement that Aquilinia would resume its seat on the Sondrian Regional Council, and everyone was wondering who the first foreign dignitary to visit the nation in almost two decades would be. Soon, that mystery would be solved.

As the Vicar returned from the palace, where the Empress had signed the repeal of the National Security Act of 1291 into law, she noticed a black limousine parked outside the Vicary, obviously waiting for her. And, as expected, when she approached the car, the rear door opened and out stepped a woman dressed in a long, green gown with short, white hair and piercing green eyes. But the most astonishing thing about her appearance were her ears: long and thin, they stuck out of her hair like the blades of daggers, a property which had earned her people their unfortunate nickname: knife-ears. The people of Sylvaria were, naturally, not happy about the moniker, but it had been there for ages. Steele smiled as the Sylvarian opened her arms for an embrace. "Caitlin! How good of you to come. Please, do come in."

15.15 IST

Steele laughed as she put down her cup. "God, it feels good to be reunited. I really missed you, Cait." The Sylvarian nodded in agreement. "Well, now that I am Keeper of Clan Lavellan, I might have to make my way to the capital more often. It is, after all, the largest of the old clans that still exist." The Vicar smiled. "That would be great. Oh, that reminds me, there was something I wanted to give you." Still smiling, Steele got up from the sofa and walked to a cabinet in the corner of her office. Carefully, she opened it and took out a small package, wrapped in plain, brown paper. "When you said your son was now going to university I remembered I still have this, from the last time you visited. I don't think I'll need it any longer, maybe Owain has a use for it now." She handed the package to Caitlin, who put it straight into her bag. "Thank you, Liz," she said, getting up from the sofa herself. "But, alas, I am afraid duty calls me elsewhere, and I am sure you have other things still to do as well." Steele nodded. "Indeed," she said. "We are expecting a rather important visitor tonight."

Empress Felicia International Airport (FQF)
10 km from Ft Aquilaine, Francia

20.00 IST

Everything was ready for the arrival of the first foreign dignitary to visit the country since the coup against Empress Lucille, over twenty years ago. Waving in the cold wind, illuminated by lights placed beneath the flagpoles, the flags of the United Empire, the Crown of Francia, and, for the first time in a long time, the Sondrian Regional Council, were hoisted up to welcome the jet that was just now making its final approach towards FQF. The band of the Imperial Air Force were standing ready to greet the guests with the Imperial anthem, as well as their own anthem, and the emerald green carpet that had been laid out towards the parking position of the plane was flanked by members of the Imperial Guard. Behind the guardsmen, a group of Imperial dignitaries stood ready to welcome the visitors.

First in the line was a short, stocky, black man in his mid-sixties, with almost no hair on his head, dressed in a plain black suit with a red tie. This was Julius Cartwright, newly elected First Secretary of the Crown of Francia. A stubborn old man, he had been in politics almost all his life - he had been mayor of Fort Aquilaine for three terms before he decided to stand for the Crown Assembly after the restoration of the monarchy. He knew how to get what he wanted - whatever he wanted, but he was not prone to corruption. Indeed, he was known as one of the most honest politicians in the region.

Next to Cartwright was an even older man, with a long, grey beard, his grey hair covered by the hood of his long, black robe, which was adorned with green and silver detailing. Although the Divine of the Imperial Chantry had died almost nine months ago, the Conclave had yet to elect a successor, and therefore the leadership of the church fell to its Grand Chancellor, who was representing it that evening: Father Marcus Genitivi. Genitivi had joined the ranks of the Chantry at a very young age, and had always been a devout Andrastian - and also an outspoken opponent of the regime of the Lord Protector. Steele trusted his wisdom, although his religious zeal did get on her nerves every now and then. Originally from a small village in Orlaine, Genitivi spoke with a pronounced French accent.

The next person in the line was Maximilian Earl, the Councilman for Foreign Affairs. An experienced diplomat in his mid-forties, Earl had travelled all across Sondria and the world, even in a time where travel outside the Empire had been severely restricted. He was one of the few members of the previous government that had retained his post. Dressed in a grey suit with a black tie, Earl, with his clean shaven face and neatly trimmed brown hair, may have looked a cold-hearted professional - but he was one of the closest friends Steele had in her Governing Council.

Beside Earl stood the Vicar herself. As usual, she wore her long, brown curls open, falling over her shoulders like a curtain. She was dressed in a dark green dress, covering her shoulders with a black blazer, and everyone could see how cold she was - but they would also see the glint in her emerald-green eyes, behind her large, square spectacles. Steele was excited to finally welcome a foreign visitor to the Empire. In all of the forty-seven years of her life, she would have never expected to become the most influential person in the Empire, let alone the one to return Aquilinia to the international stage - yet here she was, standing at the green carpet, waiting for the Caesar of Kylarnatia to arrive. It truly was the dawn of a new age for the United Empire.
Etat Liber Aquilini - Freistaat Aquilinien - Free State of Aquilinia
Libertas et Unitas - Freiheit und Einheit - Freedom and Unity

Empress: Lucille II of the House of Silvanus Aquili
Consul: Dr. ZoƩ Metelli

Proud member of Esvanovia
Formerly of Sondria

Return to International Incidents