NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] [TWI-Only] The League of TWI (Assembly)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Republic of Great Britain
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Great Britain » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:04 pm

"The United Republic of Great Britain hereby wants to show it's interest in entering the league, reasoning that it's the utmost goal of the Republican State, People and Party to enhance the world by the means of peace."

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Corindia wrote:
Pacific Peace Union wrote:"Unstable dictators? We have never had one. Plus, at least with Vioraux, you know our weapons are highly, highly guarded." Fabien wanting to stop the argument leaned back and looked away.

"Hm. Not too well guarded; they seem to spend a lot flying in the air over Romsay."

"Is it a problem we are keeping a close eye on our territory?"
♔ Secretary of Information, AKA The Honorable Information God of The Western Isles ♔
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘
• My RP name is "The Plutocracy of Vioraux" our government factbooks can be found here: www.Vioraux.vo

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:
Corindia wrote:"Hm. Not too well guarded; they seem to spend a lot flying in the air over Romsay."

"Is it a problem we are keeping a close eye on our territory?"

"It'd be easier to observe if there was less smoke, maybe you should start there. Furthermore, I believe it's fallen upon the league to observe Romsay, not Vioraux."

Of the People, For the People

Velah
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Velah » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:25 pm

After he shook the hand of the diplomat from the United Republic of Great Britain, Peter Yeltsi went back to his seat and spoke on the intercom,

"Velah vouches for The United Republic of Great Britain."

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

We vouch in favor of the Republic of Great Britain.
The Western Isles member.

Chitownia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chitownia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Austin Boufair, Head of Chitownese Foreign Affairs, announces, "Assuming we've been accepted into the League, we vouch for Great Britain."
Member of the The Western Isles

Karahar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Karahar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:42 pm

"Are we currently in the middle of a resolution, or shall we bring my Moukere resolution back up?" questioned Erke Ile.
Proud Member of The Western Isles

[_★_]
( -_- ) Copy and paste this into your signature if communism cyka blat

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:28 am

"I believe we are discussing your resolution Mr. Ile. I must ask for your opinion on it and why it is necessary."
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Karahar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karahar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:12 pm

"As I stated earlier, Moukere has already had a genocide, and after the recent "ethnic cleansing" I think that it quite possibly could happen again.
The best way to stop a war is to not let it start. Moukere is still developing, it is a beautiful country with wonderful Flora and Fauna and it would be a shame to see all of that killed. Also, Moukere has a population of just under 900,000, that is 900,000 who's lives could be ruined if another conflict starts. I believe the League should send in just a few peacekeepers to make sure the country is stable. If conflict does arise then aid should also be sent. Overall, Moukere is on the rocks, and we need to help them out."

[_★_]

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 pm

"A good question to ask here is, firstly, does Moukere want our help?" Barbury leaned forward and steepled his fingers. "Secondly, what effect does Moukere have on regional stability? We are not the arbiters of every problematic situation. Our goal is to maintain peace and order in the Isles. We did not step in to 40 years of conflict in San Javier because it was contained. I see the same situation with Moukere. It is contained. Sad, yes. Dangerous within itself, certainly. But not a League problem. We are not here to protect pretty flowers and handsome birds. We are here to maintain international peace. By stepping into Moukere, we would be causing an international war, not stopping one. Let them handle their own problems."
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Karahar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karahar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:01 pm

"I disagree with all of your points Barbury" Erke stated "The pretty flowers and handsome birds are not the point, I am talking about the hundreds of thousands of lives that will be ruined. In Moukere's last genocide countless war crimes were committed, whole ethnic groups were massacred, thousands of harmless children were massacred. Do you think that is a little problem that won't come to anything? I personally believe that this will keep on escalating. Moukere has also requested help, so your first point is completely invalid. I also disagree with the point about creating war. If the league controls where the troops go and who they follow, no peacekeepers will be fighting each other. "

[_★_]

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:51 pm

"Who in Moukere requested our help? And who are those committing the genocide? Is there even a genocide going on? These are important questions which Polar Svalbard would like to know before it even considers sending peacekeepers of its own to such a place."
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Karahar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karahar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm

"If you have been reading the news recently Moukere explicitly asked for peacekeepers. The same news also stated that there was ethnic cleansing going on. Please read the article before talking about it."

[_★_]

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Stephanie looked up from the article, "Yes, this rather short article which does little to nothing for your point only tells me that three men had a shootout with police and in the end it only seems like a scaremongering article. I'd rather your opinion on it delegate, I've read my reports and so far they show only minute increases in violence at the moment. I'm sure the nation can handle itself."

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Stephanie looked up from the article, "Yes, this rather short article which does little to nothing for your point only tells me that three men had a shootout with police and in the end it only seems like a scaremongering article. I'd rather your opinion on it delegate, I've read my reports and so far they show only minute increases in violence at the moment. I'm sure the nation can handle itself."

Thaskin stood up.
"For most nations, that would be correct. But one thing we have learnt from around 30 years involvement in aid to Moukere, is that they cannot. The country is split along ethnic lines that run deep. Violence is endemic to the Moukere isles. The only time that they have been at peace without outside interference was under the rulership of Patrice Lodongo, an authoritarian dictator with just the right combination of charisma and secret police to keep the united nation under his pan-Moukere ideology. The only other times there has been relative peace were under the tyrannical Vienne colonial administration and, not to brag, but while Moukere was under temporary occupation by Bhikkustan. But we failed too. We did not set up any domestic structure for leadership, and they had none to begin with. We hoped democracy would work, but alas it did not. The lessons here are obvious. Moukeri Citizens know no other alternative to this ethnic violence. While this may be scaremongering by the press, we fear that there is an armed opposition insurgency that is not being revealed. Evidence gathered by our TANUKH intelligence forces on the ground seems to lead to that conclusion. You may fear that your people will be killed in a peacekeeping operation, and they most likely shall. But they shall die so that thousands do not. A genocide has happened before, and just saying the violence increases are minute does not excuse the fact that violence levels there are the highest in the isles. I do not wish for a situation like the last genocide there. The league did nothing and thousands paid the price."
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Stephanie looked to him, "When did this last genocide occur, I do not remember one being brought before the League under its tenure, but it has been a long year and a half. Either way then what do you propose? What are your plans for this? Sending in peacekeepers alone is not going to solve this, and I for one will tell you that more likely than not, Svalbardian lives will not be risked over a place that will undoubtedly fall back into its habits as soon as we leave. Thus until a more permanent solution is thought of I will consider this resolution naught."

Chitownia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chitownia » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Austin stands up and moves over to Thaskin.
"I know I've only been accepted into the lead a short while ago, but if there's one thing I believe it's that if loss of life can be prevented or lessened, that option should be taken. We simply cannot let the possibility of a genocide seem like no big deal. History will look back on this decision, no doubt. Do you want our future generations to see our decisions and see that we didn't take a stand to prevent a genocide, or would you want them to see that we took preemptive measures of safety and prevented anything awful from happening? No decision in the League is going to end with everyone happy. Sorry Stephanie, but in this case you have to take a step back and see the bigger picture. You too, Barbury. Where are your morals? Are you so self-centered that you wouldn't give up a thousand of your men so tens of thousands won't have to suffer through war crimes?"
Austin walks back to his seat and quietly sits down.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Karahar wrote:"If you have been reading the news recently Moukere explicitly asked for peacekeepers. The same news also stated that there was ethnic cleansing going on. Please read the article before talking about it."

Zachary looked up he had been reading the news article which he had printed
''I agree this is a tragedy and we need to stop a genocide, but what would you have us do? How could we end such deep rooted violence in your nation in any meaningful way short of a full fledged military invasion? This is not me saying we shouldn't act but how without causing more violence?''
Last edited by The Grand Force on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Western Isles member.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Stephanie looked at the new-comer, "As always Polar Svalbard puts Svalbardian lives above all. Until there is a comprehensive plan set forth by those in favor of such action Polar Svalbard will not spend those lives on impulse. We are not impulse buyers, and we do not like what you are selling."

Velah
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Velah » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Mr. Yeltsi nodded. "Velah is unconvinced at this moment as well. Perhaps, we could hear from the delegation of Moukere?"
Last edited by Velah on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chitownia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chitownia » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Stephanie looked at the new-comer, "As always Polar Svalbard puts Svalbardian lives above all. Until there is a comprehensive plan set forth by those in favor of such action Polar Svalbard will not spend those lives on impulse. We are not impulse buyers, and we do not like what you are selling."

This really ticked Austin Boufair off. If there was one thing he valued more than anything else, it was basic human and civil rights.
"Ah, I see. So apparently God made Svalbardians to equal ten times as much as others. Apparently those from Polar Svalbard are somehow above solving problems with other countries, because those countries aren't as good as them or don't matter as much. I can understand not wanting to act until a plan has been made, that is common sense. But what makes absolutely NO sense is that for whatever reason, Svalbardian lives are worth more than any other race."

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:33 am

"It is not a matter of racial hierarchy, its a matter of duty," Barbury said. "We each have a duty to represent our people and their interests. It's why we were sent here, as ambassadors of our varied peoples. It is not in Atnaian best interest to rush headlong into every civil conflict that crops up. It's as immoral as genocide to throw away lives without having a full picture and, I am sorry, a single article in a state-controlled newspaper is not a full picture. When Merrit Isle faced a devestating tsunami, the League did not step in because it wasn't important to the mission of the organization. When Atnaia faced a dreadful civil conflict, the League did not step in because it wasn't important to the mission of the organization. Explain to me how Moukere is any different. And you bleeding hearts can whine that Atnaians are immoral, amoral or evil, but when we have been needed, it has been us putting our men on the frontline for peace and stability. Merrit. Taziristan. San Javier. We have proven what we are willing to do. Actions speak much, much louder than sanctimonious words. I'm simply not ready to put my nation's youth on the line again just because you decide to rush headlong into something because you feel sad."
Last edited by Atnaia on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:36 am

Stephanie nodded, "Mr. Barbury has put in much better words than I. I do not believe a Svalbardian life is worth ten others, but it is my duty to safeguard those Svalbardian lives, it is not my duty to safe guard other peoples' lives."

Karahar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karahar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:27 am

Erke sighed "I can see that this is going nowhere, I guess we should just move on to the next resolution?"

[_★_]

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:11 pm

"This is a democracy," Barbury said. "Simply because a few dissenting voices put forth compelling arguments does not end the process. We should vote on the matter, or amend it to something more suitable."

OOC: Don't be discouraged, Barbury is just a dick, although I do believe this is preemptive. Also, a big concern here is that we do need express permission to do ANYTHING regarding someone else's stuff. Did you discuss this with Bhikkustan beforehand?
Last edited by Atnaia on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents