NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] [TWI-Only] The League of TWI (Assembly)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:57 pm

"I believe we are discussing the possible allowance of a member nations government to be defied. What really is astounding is the hypocrisy you are showing as you try to stand on a higher moral ground, looking down at Vioraux. When we all know Polar Svalbard would react violently in a similar situation. We are dealing with Domanania, a powerful country, occupying part of our land and violating a league treaty we made two years ago. You expect us to sit back and do nothing?"
Last edited by Pacific Peace Union on Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♔ Secretary of Information, AKA The Honorable Information God of The Western Isles ♔
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘
• My RP name is "The Plutocracy of Vioraux" our government factbooks can be found here: www.Vioraux.vo

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"I believe we are discussing the possible allowance of a member nations government to be defied. What really is astounding is the hypocrisy you are showing as you try to stand on a higher moral ground, looking down at Vioraux. When we all know Polar Svalbard would react violently in a similar situation. We are dealing with Domanania, a powerful country, occupying part of our land and violating a league treaty we made two years ago. You expect us to sit back and do nothing?"

"I'm surprised you've been so willing to push this dispute to the breaking point. Pitched conflict on soil that you claim as your own can't possibly help Vioraux, and is much more likely to consume it."

Of the People, For the People

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:50 pm

"How would we ensure a non-biased referendum? I am all for letting the people vote, but obviously the places of vote will need to be guarded? But who is to guard them. A person may have their vote unwillingly changed by the sight of the insignia of certain nations."

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Corindia wrote:"I'm surprised you've been so willing to push this dispute to the breaking point. Pitched conflict on soil that you claim as your own can't possibly help Vioraux, and is much more likely to consume it."

"We don't claim anything. It is ours.

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:"How would we ensure a non-biased referendum? I am all for letting the people vote, but obviously the places of vote will need to be guarded? But who is to guard them. A person may have their vote unwillingly changed by the sight of the insignia of certain nations."

Fabien sighed. "Why not remove the insignias and dress them in a way that they cannot be tied to a specific nation."
♔ Secretary of Information, AKA The Honorable Information God of The Western Isles ♔
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘
• My RP name is "The Plutocracy of Vioraux" our government factbooks can be found here: www.Vioraux.vo

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:"How would we ensure a non-biased referendum? I am all for letting the people vote, but obviously the places of vote will need to be guarded? But who is to guard them. A person may have their vote unwillingly changed by the sight of the insignia of certain nations."

Fabien sighed. "Why not remove the insignias and dress them in a way that they cannot be tied to a specific nation."[/quote]

"Oh God, are they that stupid" Peter sighed to himself. He looked at Fabien. "You have to consider that facial features may betray their identity. If not, which is possible, would it not be worrisome to have people with guns watching you, and not knowing who they are? And what if some rebel or loyalist got hold of a weapon and the used neutral uniform?"

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:
"Oh God, are they that stupid" Peter sighed to himself. He looked at Fabien. "You have to consider that facial features may betray their identity. If not, which is possible, would it not be worrisome to have people with guns watching you, and not knowing who they are? And what if some rebel or loyalist got hold of a weapon and the used neutral uniform?"

"People with guns? They have Doman soldiers patroling the streets 24/7, they put themselves in that situation. Secondly dress them in typical league attire and bam."
Last edited by Pacific Peace Union on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Domanania » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:
Jahe Davmwoem wrote:

"People with guns? They have Doman soldiers patroling the streets 24/7, they put themselves in that situation. Secondly dress them in typical league attire and bam."

"We are not patrolling the streets. You make it sound like they are under armed occupation. We are there as a goodwill garrison. Because without our troops there, your people would be inclined to bomb them into submission. Don't twist reality to fit your agenda" Andrew said sharply to Fabian, of whom he did not enjoy reading about in his briefings.
Proud member of The Western Isles

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:15 pm

"Fabien chuckeled. "Goodwill."

"Your reasons are more selfish than ours. We simply want our country whole again. You? You hope to create a new nation bordering Vioraux that you can easily and heavily influence due to your 'protection.'"
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"We don't claim anything. It is ours."

"I'm not sure what you think a claim is, but regardless of the semantics, it seems like the people of Romsay would disagree."

Of the People, For the People

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Domanania » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"Fabien chuckeled. "Goodwill."

"Your reasons are more selfish than ours. We simply want our country whole again. You? You hope to create a new nation bordering Vioraux that you can easily and heavily influence due to your 'protection.'"

"We seek to help a people who feel oppressed and have been killed in the name of being 'whole' again. What is so wrong about a people wanting to be free hm? What are you so afraid of losing?" Andrew said leaning in on his arms to lean just a little closer in Fabian's direction.
Proud member of The Western Isles

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:

"If the league votes on this, it is clear which side they support. It does not matter if any of the peacekeeping soldiers had any bad intentions. When you are bombed and shot at for a month straight, you tend to get paranoid of any foreign symbols, even if a symbol of the league. Trust me, I know. In my nations recent civil war, I was always terrified of Keomorans. Especially with their navy right next to us.

Speaking of which, while Doman soldiers may be patrolling their streets, your navy has not made things any easier for them. Nor your air force, especially on holidays apparently."

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:31 pm

"There is no reason to feel oppressed. What is wrong with wanting to be free? Nothing. However, in this situation what they claim to be theirs is not theirs. It is Vioraux's. If they want to be free, leave the country, They should not attempt to claim something that isn't theirs. All the people of Romsay are doing is creating unnecessary drama, violence, and this notion that Vioraux is some fiendish nation that preys on its own citizens! To make matters worse Domanania gets involved and are atempting to help a rogue population overthrow the government of one of their closest allies."
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:
"If the league votes on this, it is clear which side they support. It does not matter if any of the peacekeeping soldiers had any bad intentions. When you are bombed and shot at for a month straight, you tend to get paranoid of any foreign symbols, even if a symbol of the league. Trust me, I know. In my nations recent civil war, I was always terrified of Keomorans. Especially with their navy right next to us.

Speaking of which, while Doman soldiers may be patrolling their streets, your navy has not made things any easier for them. Nor your air force, especially on holidays apparently."

"Oh please, a month straight? There was one incident where one could refer to it as a 'bombing.' Don't act like the people of Romsay are going everyday with bombs dropping on their head. They aren't and right now are more secure than Vioraux has ever been."
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:

"Oh please, a month straight? There was one incident where one could refer to it as a 'bombing.' Don't act like the people of Romsay are going everyday with bombs dropping on their head. They aren't and right now are more secure than Vioraux has ever been."

This God damned monkey! Peter fought his anger, and bit his tounge for a moment. He calmly replied "Did I say you were responcible for the whole month. Believe it or not, I am very specific with my words. I simply said they were being bombed and shot at for a month straight. Did I say Vioraux bombed them for a month straight? No. The actions are coming from all sides, which brings more to my point. Both sides of your argument has shown hostilities, which would make the people more afraid of all foreigners.

Now, if you want Doman soldiers gone, you have to send your navy away as well. Surly you realize that?"

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:40 pm

"They have not been shot at for a month straight either! Domanania would not bomb their own occupied area. The only exchange of violence was the Christmas bombings. Nothing else, so no it hasent been a month straight, its been one day. Domananias invasion was relatively peaceful, as the rebels were overjoyed to have such powerful protection. Plus why remove our navy? They are in our waters."
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"They have not been shot at for a month straight either! Domanania would not bomb their own occupied area. The only exchange of violence was the Christmas bombings. Nothing else, so no it hasent been a month straight, its been one day. Domananias invasion was relatively peaceful, as the rebels were overjoyed to have such powerful protection. Plus why remove our navy? They are in our waters."

"You know what? You seem to not be able to comprehend not one bit of common sense. If your god-damned navy is sitting right outside Romsey, how will it not psychologically influence the votes? Yet you want to complain about their soldiers? We will treat both of you as equals, we must! If they move, you move!"

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:
Pacific Peace Union wrote:"They have not been shot at for a month straight either! Domanania would not bomb their own occupied area. The only exchange of violence was the Christmas bombings. Nothing else, so no it hasent been a month straight, its been one day. Domananias invasion was relatively peaceful, as the rebels were overjoyed to have such powerful protection. Plus why remove our navy? They are in our waters."

"You know what? You seem to not be able to comprehend not one bit of common sense. If your god-damned navy is sitting right outside Romsey, how will it not psychologically influence the votes? Yet you want to complain about their soldiers? We will treat both of you as equals, we must! If they move, you move!"

"Some ships hundreds of miles away seems to not be doing anything now, why would it impact a vote? We are simply cutting off any supply flow to Romsay from nations in the Isles that hope to see Vioraux destroyed."
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:

"Some ships hundreds of miles away seems to not be doing anything now, why would it impact a vote? We are simply cutting off any supply flow to Romsay from nations in the Isles that hope to see Vioraux destroyed."

"How would you understand the mind of someone that has been in a war. All the upper people in your nation like you do is lounge in your capital all day, hate on the lower classes, and watch them get slaughtered for sport. I have lived through two wars and two tyrants. Why do I even think that I could get someone like you to understand?"

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm

"I have fought and survived a revolution last spring where Pacifique, our largest city at the time, was bombed to hell, and Versailles had no power for weeks, a blockade starved many of the people, and bombing was common around the nation. So yes, now we live in luxury, because we deserve it."
Last edited by Pacific Peace Union on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"I have fought and survived a revolution last spring where Pacifique, our largest city at the time, was bombed to hell, and Versailles had no power for weeks, a blockade starved many of the people, and bombing was common around the nation. So yes, now we live in luxury, because we deserve it."

"Correction, you live in luxury because you starve and abuse most of the lower classes in your nation. In the end it goes back to the problem of your nation's culture. This is back to where I agree with Mr. Barbury."
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Pacific Peace Union
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Peace Union » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:30 pm

"More false claims to further ruin the reputation of Vioraux."
✘ Child of Monsanto ✘

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"More false claims to further ruin the reputation of Vioraux."

"Oh, please. Let us hear your counter argument. Any FACTS which can support your argument?"

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:39 pm

"Is there any more reputation to ruin that is not already sullied by the actions of your Dauphine? The right of self-determination is a right held dear to mankind, it is only right that we try to aid Romsay. When a nation declares independence and the first action of the state it broke away from is to bomb it rather than open discussions and negotiations with their leaders one tends to believe that the break-away state's actions are justified. Your nation's rich is so intent to crush any opposition to their luxury, that they cannot see past their gold. Instead of acting with peace in mind to try and unify your states, you intended to crush them, and in that you proved to the international community that your nation truly is run not by the people or for the people, but by the rich and for the rich."
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"More false claims to further ruin the reputation of Vioraux."

"Not false claims. Truth. Your country has ruined it's reputation when they lied committed crimes against humanity and lied about it to the league, desecrating these very halls.
For Peace and Honor.

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Pacific Peace Union wrote:"There is no reason to feel oppressed. What is wrong with wanting to be free? Nothing. However, in this situation what they claim to be theirs is not theirs. It is Vioraux's. If they want to be free, leave the country, They should not attempt to claim something that isn't theirs. All the people of Romsay are doing is creating unnecessary drama, violence, and this notion that Vioraux is some fiendish nation that preys on its own citizens! To make matters worse Domanania gets involved and are atempting to help a rogue population overthrow the government of one of their closest allies."

"So you are willing to commit ethnic cleansing to ensure Romsay remains unlawfully yours?"
For Peace and Honor.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents