NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] [TWI-Only] The League of TWI (Assembly)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The League of TWI
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 pm

An aide whispered to Secretary General Jauffret, she gave a shocked gasp which startled the Assembly into silence. She banged her gavel, although almost everyone was already looking her way.

In a shaky voice she said, "I am sorry to interrupt debate, but I've just received some horrific news. The city of Otanmir in Alantania has been destroyed by a nuclear detonation. We do not have all the details at this time, but this is a matter of the utmost concern for the League."

Her voice gained resolve. "I implore the Assembly to take action to assist the Alantanian people in this disaster, and bring the perpetrators to justice."

Tuernia
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Garnier looked to the Alantanian delegate as he stood.

"My sincerest condolences to the Alantanian people, this is truly an unprecedented loss in the history of the Western Isles. I believe our first order of business is coordinating a humanitarian response to the crisis. However, finding out who is responsible for this is also very important, especially because they may strike again."

"I suggest we reach out to all humanitarian organizations in the Western Isles, in addition to forming our own response."

Alantania
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Alantania » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:02 pm

The League of TWI wrote:An aide whispered to Secretary General Jauffret, she gave a shocked gasp which startled the Assembly into silence. She banged her gavel, although almost everyone was already looking her way.

In a shaky voice she said, "I am sorry to interrupt debate, but I've just received some horrific news. The city of Otanmir in Alantania has been destroyed by a nuclear detonation. We do not have all the details at this time, but this is a matter of the utmost concern for the League."

Her voice gained resolve. "I implore the Assembly to take action to assist the Alantanian people in this disaster, and bring the perpetrators to justice."

So many emotions just collided in her head, her nation struck by a nuclear bomb? Where she grew up gone forever most likely with her family? Marian sat there speechless, she didn't know how to react and so she sat there in shock and began to cry.

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:06 pm

"New Aapelistan will send 3000 Sveznaja's to give humanitarian aid and helping to find the ones who did this. Does anyone have any idea that who or what organization did this?

Verdon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:09 pm

"We need more information! Where is this attack coming from, who? Will they attack again?"

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Domanania » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 pm

"Domanania will send teams of men to clean the nuclear fallout and to find any survivors. We will also send a few thousand Draches to help rebuild" Said the Representative; Henry Salvar.

"We also may present a course of action" He said standing up and clearing his throat. "If these terrorists had outside help, we may need to quarantine the entire island and set up an emergency blockade to make sure that no more supplies or weapons gets to these radicals" He went rigid after he finished and smoothed his hair back and the front of his suit.

"Is this permissible?" He asked, looking to the Secretary General
Proud member of The Western Isles

The Lithuanian Commonwealth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Domanania wrote:"Domanania will send teams of men to clean the nuclear fallout and to find any survivors. We will also send a few thousand Draches to help rebuild" Said the Representative; Henry Salvar.

"We also may present a course of action" He said standing up and clearing his throat. "If these terrorists had outside help, we may need to quarantine the entire island and set up an emergency blockade to make sure that no more supplies or weapons gets to these radicals" He went rigid after he finished and smoothed his hair back and the front of his suit.

"If we set up a blockade around the island it would further hinder the much needed aid that needs to get to the island. Before we take any further action besides sending humanitarian aid, we have to get into contact with both the governments of Alantia and Polar Svalbard to get more information.

The Serb-Romani empire
Civilian

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serb-Romani empire » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:40 pm

(Question can anyone join)

Verdon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:41 pm

The Lithuanian Commonwealth wrote:
Domanania wrote:"Domanania will send teams of men to clean the nuclear fallout and to find any survivors. We will also send a few thousand Draches to help rebuild" Said the Representative; Henry Salvar.

"If we set up a blockade around the island it would further hinder the much needed aid that needs to get to the island. Before we take any further action besides sending humanitarian aid, we have to get into contact with both the governments of Alantia and Polar Svalbard to get more information.

"Terrorists? Polar Svalbard? Are we insinuating that the nuclear warhead stolen from Polar Svalbard has been used here, that this is not a national entity but a radical fringe group? Where is this information coming from?"

Remodio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Remodio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:47 pm

The League of TWI wrote:An aide whispered to Secretary General Jauffret, she gave a shocked gasp which startled the Assembly into silence. She banged her gavel, although almost everyone was already looking her way.

"Nuclear?" Yelled Kellie, who was known for being shy. "This... Is ridiculous! I demand we find peace, and if not.... We might have to, as a team, threaten them, then if they do nothing. Invade! If I must leave the League, then Remodio will!"

Remodio
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Remodio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:48 pm

The Serb-Romani empire wrote:(Question can anyone join)

(No, only TWI)

Remodio
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Remodio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Alantania wrote:

So many emotions just collided in her head, her nation struck by a nuclear bomb? Where she grew up gone forever most likely with her family? Marian sat there speechless, she didn't know how to react and so she sat there in shock and began to cry.

After seeing herself yell, she sat down in silence. She looked at people sending humanitarian aid, crying, and here she is, demanding war. "I...I'm sorry..."

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Verdon wrote:"Terrorists? Polar Svalbard? Are we insinuating that the nuclear warhead stolen from Polar Svalbard has been used here, that this is not a national entity but a radical fringe group? Where is this information coming from?"

"Where else could someone get an explosive that can wipe almost 16 million people off the face of the Earth in mere seconds. There is high chance that the stolen nuclear warhead was used in the Otanmir Tragedy."

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Domanania » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Verdon wrote:

"Terrorists? Polar Svalbard? Are we insinuating that the nuclear warhead stolen from Polar Svalbard has been used here, that this is not a national entity but a radical fringe group? Where is this information coming from?"

"We could only assume terrorists. Every nation has it's own. But we were not informed of any nuclear warheads stolen from Polar Savlbard." Henry stated glancing around the room "But in regards of the blockade, humanitarian ships will only be stopped if they come from a suspect nation from a later investigation. Government permits only, no commercial or private vessels will be permitted unless approved by the government or after an investigation of the cargo, crew and passengers"

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Verdon wrote:"Terrorists? Polar Svalbard? Are we insinuating that the nuclear warhead stolen from Polar Svalbard has been used here, that this is not a national entity but a radical fringe group? Where is this information coming from?"

"Where else could someone get an explosive that can wipe almost 16 million people off the face of the Earth in mere seconds. There is high chance that the stolen nuclear warhead was used in the Otanmir Tragedy."

What organization did this? Are they terrorists or Polarians who wants to harm Alantania?"

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:08 pm

New Aapelistan wrote:What organization did this? Are they terrorists or Polarians who wants to harm Alantania?"

"There is not enough information to tell at this time."

Jaamar
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaamar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Anara's breath drew in sharply. Suddenly, the troubles in her own nation seemed to fade away, forgotten and unimportant. The world had just lost sixteen million people. That was a tragedy on a scale never heard of. That was more than the population of Jaamar, far more than the causalities of most wars. She was chilled to the core.

But she did not dare shown signs of panic, nor did she dare cry. Instead she spoke, in her voice of steel. "We will do whatever we can to assist the people in this time. In addition to providing whatever humanitarian support possible, I will make sure that Jaamar's premier counter-terrorism unit, code named Task Force Raven, is assigned to discover who was behind this attack, this assault on everything this League stands for. There will be justice."
Last edited by Jaamar on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remodio
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Remodio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Domanania wrote:
Verdon wrote:

"We could only assume terrorists. Every nation has it's own. But we were not informed of any nuclear warheads stolen from Polar Savlbard." Henry stated glancing around the room "But in regards of the blockade, humanitarian ships will only be stopped if they come from a suspect nation from a later investigation. Government permits only, no commercial or private vessels will be permitted unless approved by the government or after an investigation of the cargo, crew and passengers"

"My brother, the dictator, personally checked on our only nuclear bomb. It has to be the terrorists that took the nuke from Polar Svalbard. If we don't stop this, then they could take our nuke, and if they get a hold of our huge uranium supply... The Western Isles could be a wasteland. We need to stop them before Vancouvia, or worst, Bhumidol is nuked. Bhumidol is densely populated... That'll devastate them and us."

Remodio
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Remodio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Jaamar wrote:Anara's breath drew in sharply. Suddenly, the troubles in her own nation seemed to fade away, forgotten and unimportant. The world had just lost sixteen million people. That was a tragedy on a scale never heard of. That was more than the population of Jaamar, far more than the causalities of most wars. She was chilled to the core.

But she did not dare shown signs of panic, nor did she dare cry. Instead she spoke, in her voice of steel. "We will do whatever we can to assist the people in this time. In addition to providing whatever humanitarian support possible, I will make sure that Jaamar's premier counter-terrorism unit, code named Task Force Raven, is assigned to discover who was behind this attack, this assault on every this League stands for. There will be justice."

"As will Remodio... God shall unleash his power on these terror bringers." She remained quiet.

(OOC: G'night)
Last edited by Remodio on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:20 pm

New Aapelistan wrote:What organization did this? Are they terrorists or Polarians who wants to harm Alantania?"

"There is not enough information to tell at this time."

"Then we must get more information! How big area has been contaminated?"

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Domanania » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:23 pm

New Aapelistan wrote:
The Lithuanian Commonwealth wrote:"There is not enough information to tell at this time."

"Then we must get more information! How big area has been contaminated?"

"Seeing as where the city that was hit, we would have to worry about ocean currents flowing between the two islands and anything directly across the straight will most likely be hit with nuclear fallout. Without knowing the size of the warhead used it would be hard to tell."

Remodio
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Remodio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:31 pm

Domanania wrote:
New Aapelistan wrote:"Then we must get more information! How big area has been contaminated?"

"Seeing as where the city that was hit, we would have to worry about ocean currents flowing between the two islands and anything directly across the straight will most likely be hit with nuclear fallout. Without knowing the size of the warhead used it would be hard to tell."

If any nuclear fallout hits a member in the league we should ban emigration to anyone in that area until they are cleansed."

(final post tonight)

Dutchland-UK-Prussia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutchland-UK-Prussia » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 am

Walther just sat in his seat.
1 (Nuclear war)
2 (Total war)
3 (Major war)
4 (Minor war)
5 (Conflict)
6 (Peace) <---
None.

Dree wrote:Perhaps the fat man from the north pole and his vertically challenged cronies are behind such an assassination attempt. But truthfully my spy networks have heard nothing.

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 am

"I am sorry to announce that we can only send 1 250 Sveznaja's to Alantania"

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:55 am

Alex stood up and walked out in front of everyone. "Polar Svalbard has formed the Jäger initiative. This is a counterterrorist group that shall hunt these terrorists down. There shall be nowhere for them to hide, no where for them to run. We ask that you lend troops or money or supplies to this team. We are sorry for those lost in Alantania, but be known that we will Avenge you." With that Alex went back to his seat and sat down.
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents