NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] [TWI-Only] The League of TWI (Assembly)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Verdon
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:22 am

"Opposed as well. Under no circumstances should we be using the authority of the league to aid a nation in their imperialistic gains."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:34 am

Verdon wrote:"Opposed as well. Under no circumstances should we be using the authority of the league to aid a nation in their imperialistic gains."

Of course sir, then should we stand back from the conflict and solely provide humanitarian aid? I do agree we should not use our authority to support imperialistic needs. But, we should provide humanitarian aid to the people on the islands.
Last edited by Dashgrinaar on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dashgrinaar
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Speaker Pro Tempore and Senator Emeritus
Vice President of The Western Isles

The Lithuanian Commonwealth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:
Of course sir, then should we stand back from the conflict and solely provide humanitarian aid? I do agree we should not use our authority to support imperialistic needs. But, we should provide humanitarian aid to the people on the islands.

"I want to remind this assembly that this conflict might be more then just an island. I believe this is an ideological struggle."

Tuernia
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:48 am

"Tuernia does not recognize the Kavju Islands as sovereign Aapelistani territory. Rather, this is a conflict over terra nullius. We do not support any assistance to New Aapelistan, as they brought this on themselves. Indeed, unless they make serious efforts to conduct diplomacy, they will be in violation of the charter."

"Additionally I wish to announce Tuernia is contributing 300 soldiers to the peacekeeping mission in Lithuania."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 am

Tuernia wrote:"Tuernia does not recognize the Kavju Islands as sovereign Aapelistani territory. Rather, this is a conflict over terra nullius. We do not support any assistance to New Aapelistan, as they brought this on themselves. Indeed, unless they make serious efforts to conduct diplomacy, they will be in violation of the charter."

"Additionally I wish to announce Tuernia is contributing 300 soldiers to the peacekeeping mission in Lithuania."

Well, have we contacted New Aapelistan? The war has already started. Evacuating the people on the island should be of utmost importance, and we need to reach out for diplomacy.
Last edited by Dashgrinaar on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dashgrinaar

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:13 am

"Lithuania will start launching humanitarian aid to the islands very shortly. We encourage members of the League to do so as well."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 am

The Lithuanian Commonwealth wrote:"Lithuania will start launching humanitarian aid to the islands very shortly. We encourage members of the League to do so as well."

We will also send strictly-humanitarian aid. We would like to also donate 1000 International Aid troops to Lithuania's conflict
Dashgrinaar

The League of TWI
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:08 am

Noticing that debate had stalled, Secretary General Jauffret spoke up.

"I would like to remind the Assembly that contributions to the peacekeeping force in Lithuania are still needed. So far we have only 300 soldiers from Tuernia committed."

"Additionally, do we have any more to discuss on the Kavju Islands situation? What are the most recent developments?"

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:09 am

"We will send 500 troops." Alex winked at Coralie with a smile
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

The League of TWI
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:16 am

Polar Svalbard wrote:"We will send 500 troops." Alex winked at Coralie with a smile

"Thank you Al.." said Coralie, stopping herself. "Rather, thanks to the honorable delegate from Polar Svalbard." she said, correcting her informality.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lithuanian Commonwealth » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:20 am

The League of TWI wrote:Noticing that debate had stalled, Secretary General Jauffret spoke up.

"I would like to remind the Assembly that contributions to the peacekeeping force in Lithuania are still needed. So far we have only 300 soldiers from Tuernia committed."

"Additionally, do we have any more to discuss on the Kavju Islands situation? What are the most recent developments?"

Dashgrinaar has pledged 1000 peacekeeping forces as well.

There has only been a skirmish of the coast.

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:35 am

The League of TWI wrote:Noticing that debate had stalled, Secretary General Jauffret spoke up.

I think that discussion on the Kavju Islands should be set aside, as currently, the war is on standstill.

OOC: Fascist Immur lost his account (forgot password) so he is setting up a new one to RP with
Dashgrinaar

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:25 pm

Alex secretly pulled out his phone and typed a message to Coralie,
So Coralie I was wondering if you like to go out for dinner tonight. We can talk politics or other things.
Forever yours,
The delegate of Polar Svalbard Alex
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

The League of TWI
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:37 pm

"I agree with the honorable delegate from Dashgrinaar. If there are no objections, I understand a war is building between two non-members, Great-Imperialonia and Sadievi. I urge the Assembly to consider what action, if any, should be taken. At the very least we should invite them to have their dispute mediated by the League."

Polar Svalbard wrote:Alex secretly pulled out his phone and typed a message to Coralie,
So Coralie I was wondering if you like to go out for dinner tonight. We can talk politics or other things.
Forever yours,

Having finished speaking, she looked at her phone.

Hmm, why not. I know a couple good places around here. I'll text you a time and place later.

OOC: No need to clog up the Assembly thread anymore with this. Take it to TG?

Dibeg
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dibeg » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 pm

-tag-
but it isn't a tag... :eek:
The Empire of Dibeg

Dibeg is a GA Mentor and former Justice in The Western Isles.
Dibeg's WA Nation is Terravermelho

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:41 pm

The League of TWI wrote:"I agree with the honorable delegate from Dashgrinaar. If there are no objections, I understand a war is building between two non-members, Great-Imperialonia and Sadievi. I urge the Assembly to consider what action, if any, should be taken. At the very least we should invite them to have their dispute mediated by the League."

Polar Svalbard wrote:Alex secretly pulled out his phone and typed a message to Coralie,
Forever yours,

Hmm, why not. I know a couple good places around here. I'll text you a time and place later.

I think that we should extend the branch of diplomacy, asking if they would like the League to mediate negotiations.

OOC: After this, could we have a break so the characters can interact with each other?
Dashgrinaar

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:45 pm

The League of TWI wrote:"I agree with the honorable delegate from Dashgrinaar. If there are no objections, I understand a war is building between two non-members, Great-Imperialonia and Sadievi. I urge the Assembly to consider what action, if any, should be taken. At the very least we should invite them to have their dispute mediated by the League."

Forever yours,

OOC: I was going to make a thread for it
"I do believe that it is in Great-Imperilonia's right to protect their people. I believe this after reports have shown that the citizens are treated badly. I would support action but only after Sadleiv come to terms in peace deals. If not they will have to face repercussions for their actions of infringing on human rights."

The League of TWI
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The League of TWI » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:52 pm

OOC: I made a thread

League of TWI, Out of Session

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:18 am

"I move that we invite both nations to have their dispute mediated by the League."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:20 am

Tuernia wrote:"I move that we invite both nations to have their dispute mediated by the League."

"I second the honorable Tuernian delegate's proposal"
Dashgrinaar

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:28 am

Tuernia wrote:"I move that we invite both nations to have their dispute mediated by the League."

OOC. Me and Immur or someothers?

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:38 am

New Aapelistan wrote:

OOC. Me and Immur or someothers?

OOC: Referring to Great-Imperialonia and Sadievi. As a member of the League, you are expected to try and get Immur to negotiate yourself, though we'd be happy to help with or host such negotiations.

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:42 am

Tuernia wrote:
New Aapelistan wrote:OOC. Me and Immur or someothers?

OOC: Referring to Great-Imperialonia and Sadievi. As a member of the League, you are expected to try and get Immur to negotiate yourself, though we'd be happy to help with or host such negotiations.

OOC. I am thinking to host one in Aapeligrad. I will inform about it

Dutchland-UK-Prussia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutchland-UK-Prussia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:49 am

Walther was checking his notes when the resolution about Immur had started. He now could listen, having finished reading.

The RSFS was trying to make a Popular Front in order to eliminate Fascism... he would finish what they had started.

"I propose that we don't intervene. Humanitarian aid should be sent, but nothing more. These Fascists can be destroyed by us."
1 (Nuclear war)
2 (Total war)
3 (Major war)
4 (Minor war)
5 (Conflict)
6 (Peace) <---
None.

Dree wrote:Perhaps the fat man from the north pole and his vertically challenged cronies are behind such an assassination attempt. But truthfully my spy networks have heard nothing.

Verdon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verdon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Also seconded. I believe that makes three.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents