NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: Casualties And How To Take Them

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jubu Jubu Jabu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jubu Jubu Jabu » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Solar Communes wrote:
Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:top speed.

There is no top speed in a gravity and friction-less environment unless you arbitrarily impose one in your spacecrafts*

*With the exception of the speed of light, or the speed where the kinetic energy of hitting cosmic dust is greater than what your spacecraft can endure.

This, there are only rates of acceleration in space.

OK, maybe 'top' speed was a bad choice of word.

How's "As fast as my ship can go at its mass and maintain a certain distance from your ship"?
Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:
NationStates 2: DEFCON 'WE'RE SCREWED'! Sequel to the amazingly popular NationStates. Prepare to fire your 'I.G.N.O.R.E.' cannons as this docu-drama explores the ins and outs of Roleplaying warfare. It's Lefties vs. Righties as the gloves have finally come off, exposing your little nerd fingers to the brutality of a keyboard, and wasting your puny brain away on topics like, How do you make being hit in the balls hurt less?!

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Questers wrote:http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=428384 This is clearly better, it already exists, but isn't pinned. Shame on you Euro!

Then by all means, re-post it on here. I already have enough on my plate right now. You know, a little help from the regular forumers would be amazing rather than depending on me to re-post everything and organize it.

All I see are complaints about how certain threads weren't brought over from Jolt. Mainly from people I wouldn't expect it from. It's pretty disappointing that plenty of people would rather complain than lift a finger to actually do something about it.

hey now Euro. There's a bunch of stuff we can't do . . .we don't have mod tools. If you want help with this stuff then add a couple more mods to the team?
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:15 pm

DaWoad wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:
Questers wrote:http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=428384 This is clearly better, it already exists, but isn't pinned. Shame on you Euro!

Then by all means, re-post it on here. I already have enough on my plate right now. You know, a little help from the regular forumers would be amazing rather than depending on me to re-post everything and organize it.

All I see are complaints about how certain threads weren't brought over from Jolt. Mainly from people I wouldn't expect it from. It's pretty disappointing that plenty of people would rather complain than lift a finger to actually do something about it.

hey now Euro. There's a bunch of stuff we can't do . . .we don't have mod tools. If you want help with this stuff then add a couple more mods to the team?

Yes, but all of us can get the old threads we want from Jolt and repost it here, I just did so. We don't need these mod tools, mods can sticky the post for us, but what tools would we need to do what we were saying? Mods are just here to stop spammers, flamers, and the like, they also do a lot more that they just do because they want to help.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Solm wrote:
DaWoad wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:

Yes, but all of us can get the old threads we want from Jolt and repost it here, I just did so. We don't need these mod tools, mods can sticky the post for us, but what tools would we need to do what we were saying? Mods are just here to stop spammers, flamers, and the like, they also do a lot more that they just do because they want to help.

Ahh righty. Got it. My bad.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6586

First "How to take casualties guide".
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Lynion
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lynion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:02 am

Esternial wrote:Okay, follow me on this:
My nation focuses on military and police. (Which explain for the lack of civil rights)

My Defence budget: $120,767,102,329.50
budget/20 million = $6038.35

SO. How would I go on calculating my available forces?

Right, if I'm in trouble for answering to this post or bringing back a dead thread, just tell so I know not to do it next time.

Answer: Did you read the part about my quote explaining how to do it?

You did it right but you can't support a 20 million strong military. If you got that number from the quote, that worked for me. Obviously, it doesn't work for everything but I'm sure the guide explained it. You work it out percentage wise rather than using a random number out of the blue. Go back over what I wrote, Ozymos quoted, and you can figure it out from there. Easy.
"Indeed" Merlin replied, remaining in shadow "Emotions give people more power than they could possibly image. Emotions can turn the tide of battles with a single heroic act, help beat back even the strongest enemy. Emotions are what keeps us going in our hour of need. Hope, and trust in our friends. What Rathma did, he did because he had emotions, not because he had a lack of them"

Merlin, Ustio North - Origins of a Hero

RP's with a population of 5bn

Previous

Return to International Incidents