NATION

PASSWORD

Tiandi Big Discussion Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed May 27, 2015 12:30 am

The Shinju Union (Jeongmi [me], Meisaan [Sab], Hasumin [UCV/Vicky], Gaoxiong, and Sheng Kong [Sorgan]) is probably going to have a largely unified space program in the modern day.

I think Jeongmi could have sent the first man to the moon!

This also brings up questions like:

What are the other planets in Tiandi's solar system?
Should they be the same as the ones in our own solar system?
How many moons does Tiandi have? What are/is our moon(s) like?

I think Tiandi should only have a single moon. Things get pretty complicated with more than a single moon. I think it should also be similar to the RL Moon. However, I think we could have more creativity regarding planets.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Wed May 27, 2015 3:09 am

Arumdaum wrote:The Shinju Union (Jeongmi [me], Meisaan [Sab], Hasumin [UCV/Vicky], Gaoxiong, and Sheng Kong [Sorgan]) is probably going to have a largely unified space program in the modern day.

I think Jeongmi could have sent the first man to the moon!

This also brings up questions like:

What are the other planets in Tiandi's solar system?
Should they be the same as the ones in our own solar system?
How many moons does Tiandi have? What are/is our moon(s) like?

I think Tiandi should only have a single moon. Things get pretty complicated with more than a single moon. I think it should also be similar to the RL Moon. However, I think we could have more creativity regarding planets.

Well, looks like the Shinju Union is not allowed to participate in Zhouran's notInterkosmos program. :p

Anyway, I think Tiandi should just be in the RL Solar System, but replace Earth with Tiandi. Also, we might have to rename the planets also, since many are named after Roman gods.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Wed May 27, 2015 4:06 am

No, we should make our own solar system, though perhaps it can be highly similar to the real one unless someone is proficient in space physics and can create another solar system that could create an inhabitable Earth.

Anyway Akitsukuni's space program is largely similar to the Japanese space program in terms of scientific objectives, but is larger, though it maintains military satellites as well as civilian ones. It is highly funded (but not the most) and operates its own rockets, space centres and Soyuz's, of which I believe other nations may have copied (of course). It also operates a copy of the Mir space station, Heiwa, which has been in orbit since '87 and was refurbished starting 2001.

Thus, in terms of size it may be smaller than the Shinju Union (but perhaps larger than the efforts of the individual nations within the Union) and Qinyue, but bigger than Zhouran (for now). Historically it would have been one of the major nations in the First Space Race, perhaps also having manned moon missions and having the first large-scale space station in orbit, though started waning after 2000. In the Second Space Race Akitsukuni will take more of a back seat but maintain their position through the continuous refurbishing of the Heiwa. They still have plans for a 2030 moon base, though.

I am quite interested in seeing this world with multiple large space stations. Already three major space powers have stations, and I presume the Shinju Union will have some kind of international space station. The Tiandi version of Gravity would be much more interesting, to say the least.

Akitsukuni would be happy to participate a bit in this Zhouran program mostly due to CPSDC ties.

I would also like to declare that the Horaisan series of satellites in this RP are truly observation satellites and not weapons platforms as they may be in other RPs that I participate in. Akitsukuni is different from Toishima in more ways than name.
Last edited by Toishima on Wed May 27, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 am

Toishima wrote:Thus, in terms of size it may be smaller than the Shinju Union (but perhaps larger than the efforts of the individual nations within the Union) and Qinyue, but bigger than Zhouran (for now). Historically it would have been one of the major nations in the First Space Race, perhaps also having manned moon missions and having the first large-scale space station in orbit, though started waning after 2000. In the Second Space Race Akitsukuni will take more of a back seat but maintain their position through the continuous refurbishing of the Heiwa. They still have plans for a 2030 moon base, though.

Akitsukuni would be happy to participate a bit in this Zhouran program mostly due to CPSDC ties.

I would also like to declare that the Horaisan series of satellites in this RP are truly observation satellites and not weapons platforms as they may be in other RPs that I participate in. Akitsukuni is different from Toishima in more ways than name.

1. Yep. Chengbao 4 is just brand spankin' new. Because it's of modular design, it will grow until its decommissioning in 2037. Although, Chengbao 3, launched on January 9, 1994 and deorbited on February 16, 2010, was as big the RL Mir station and ISS. Chengbao 2, launched on August 24, 1983 and deorbited on January 11, 1992, was as big as RL Salyut 7 while Chengbao 1, launched on May 17, 1982 and deorbited on November 6, 1982, would have been as big as Salyut 1. Also, despite entering the space race in the early 60s, Zhouran would have went up the ladder and become a major space power, along with Akitsukuni, Joengmi, Qinyue and any other space powers. The deployment of Zhouran's first hangkongonaut in 1969 and the launch of Chengbao 1 was just there to reinforce Zhouran's status. In the Second Space Race, Zhouran, in comparison to the First Space Race, is less secretive and more open and cooperative, although some enigmatic programs still exist.

2. Zhouran can hold a space program comparable to Interkosmos. This space program will be a joint cooperation between Zhouran, Akitsukuni and other members of the CPSDC. Member states can bring their astronauts to Zhouran so that they can board the Baofengxue series of spacecraft, which is not copies of the Soyuz spacecraft...

3. Lol.
Last edited by Zhouran on Wed May 27, 2015 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed May 27, 2015 6:52 am

Toishima wrote:No, we should make our own solar system, though perhaps it can be highly similar to the real one unless someone is proficient in space physics and can create another solar system that could create an inhabitable Earth.

Anyway Akitsukuni's space program is largely similar to the Japanese space program in terms of scientific objectives, but is larger, though it maintains military satellites as well as civilian ones. It is highly funded (but not the most) and operates its own rockets, space centres and Soyuz's, of which I believe other nations may have copied (of course). It also operates a copy of the Mir space station, Heiwa, which has been in orbit since '87 and was refurbished starting 2001.

Thus, in terms of size it may be smaller than the Shinju Union (but perhaps larger than the efforts of the individual nations within the Union) and Qinyue, but bigger than Zhouran (for now). Historically it would have been one of the major nations in the First Space Race, perhaps also having manned moon missions and having the first large-scale space station in orbit, though started waning after 2000. In the Second Space Race Akitsukuni will take more of a back seat but maintain their position through the continuous refurbishing of the Heiwa. They still have plans for a 2030 moon base, though.

I am quite interested in seeing this world with multiple large space stations. Already three major space powers have stations, and I presume the Shinju Union will have some kind of international space station. The Tiandi version of Gravity would be much more interesting, to say the least.

Horaisan?! Actually observation satellites?!! :shock:

As for our own solar system, we can do something similar to our own, but if people really want there are certain ways that another inhabitable planet could be present. I don't think we should do that though- the race will already be a big enough deal without a whole extra planet potentially up for immediate colonization.

I wrote some stuff for my space program up on IIWiki. Basically, after they got their shit together post-revolution, Qinyue's space program consisted of launching shitty little space stations and shitty little vehicles up on modified ballistic missiles, for military observation purposes and scientific purposes and to test their ballistic missiles without freaking everyone out. A few of those little ones are actually still up there (although two of them got smashed to bits in various collisions).
Next they launched three slightly larger stations (with 3 modules!!!1!1), one of which is in orbit but is, like the remaining little ones, abandoned. They weren't terrific as stations go either, but they were a step up (and during their development the Qian came up with a better vehicle that it totally not just Soyuz).

Next, much more recently, they launched Tiangong-1, which was just another two-rocket, two-module thing but had actually had effort and science and cash put into it, and then Tiangong-2, which was four modules, and now they've decided to build Tiangong-3 which is going to fucking huge as shit and have a centrifuge and refueling tanks and all kinds of shit and like 30 modules and will be a pain in the fucking ass to build but really fucking cool when it's done. Because Tiangong-3 is actually complicated and expensive they've increased funding to the space program to build it, but it's their main focus besides plans for a single lunar mission and really, really vague mutterings about a lunar base no one really wants or knows how or when to build.

All Qian boosters are just modified versions of their ballistic missiles (which means new boosters could be a glimpse at their newest missile), and there are all kinds of crazy conspiracy rumors that they still have an orbital weapons program (they don't, but they're fine with everyone thinking they do) or things along those lines, which means they're not really very open about this kind of stuff.

This is a super vague and rambling post written early in the morning and trying to respond to everyone and failing completely.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Wed May 27, 2015 7:12 am

Senkaku wrote:I wrote some stuff for my space program up on IIWiki. Basically, after they got their shit together post-revolution, Qinyue's space program consisted of launching shitty little space stations and shitty little vehicles up on modified ballistic missiles, for military observation purposes and scientific purposes and to test their ballistic missiles without freaking everyone out. A few of those little ones are actually still up there (although two of them got smashed to bits in various collisions).
Next they launched three slightly larger stations (with 3 modules!!!1!1), one of which is in orbit but is, like the remaining little ones, abandoned. They weren't terrific as stations go either, but they were a step up (and during their development the Qian came up with a better vehicle that it totally not just Soyuz).

Next, much more recently, they launched Tiangong-1, which was just another two-rocket, two-module thing but had actually had effort and science and cash put into it, and then Tiangong-2, which was four modules, and now they've decided to build Tiangong-3 which is going to fucking huge as shit and have a centrifuge and refueling tanks and all kinds of shit and like 30 modules and will be a pain in the fucking ass to build but really fucking cool when it's done. Because Tiangong-3 is actually complicated and expensive they've increased funding to the space program to build it, but it's their main focus besides plans for a single lunar mission and really, really vague mutterings about a lunar base no one really wants or knows how or when to build.

All Qian boosters are just modified versions of their ballistic missiles (which means new boosters could be a glimpse at their newest missile), and there are all kinds of crazy conspiracy rumors that they still have an orbital weapons program (they don't, but they're fine with everyone thinking they do) or things along those lines, which means they're not really very open about this kind of stuff.

This is a super vague and rambling post written early in the morning and trying to respond to everyone and failing completely.

Still a better space program than North Korea's. :lol2:

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Thu May 28, 2015 5:05 am

...It would have been ridiculously hilarious if some of the first few Akitsukunese moon missions were part of a highly misguided military operation to find a supposed Jeongmian moon base, and the Uchū hikō-shi all launched with assault rifles and spent most of their time looking for this moon base with military tactics, resulting in high costs and controversy that eventually led to the end of the Akitsukuni moon program.

=P
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Thu May 28, 2015 6:14 am

Toishima wrote:...It would have been ridiculously hilarious if some of the first few Akitsukunese moon missions were part of a highly misguided military operation to find a supposed Jeongmian moon base, and the Uchū hikō-shi all launched with assault rifles and spent most of their time looking for this moon base with military tactics, resulting in high costs and controversy that eventually led to the end of the Akitsukuni moon program.

=P

Well, it's not like the Zhouranese did something similar by fitting autocannons to its early space stations...

But anyway, did Akitsukuni actually land on the moon? Or did they spend too much time looking for this supposed Jeongmian moonbase???

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Thu May 28, 2015 8:11 am

What I envision is that Akitsukuni would land on the moon in '71 to keep up with Jeongmi, with four scientific missions to follow. Then some dubious information about a Jeongmi hidden moon base leads to two extremely expensive and near-pointless combined manned and unmanned missions to the moon to find this base. After this would be a final scientific mission before the manned lunar program is cancelled forever. Akitsukuni would only ever observe through unmanned vehicles from then on.
GOKIGENYOU~

Zangsabaar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zangsabaar » Thu May 28, 2015 6:59 pm

I have yet to post on this thread, so Hi everyone.

As for space, I'd assume Zangsabaar launched a rocket in the 80s
Call me Reph.

Looking for a new and exciting RP Region full of opportunity? Check out Tiandi!

Victoriala
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Thu May 28, 2015 8:00 pm

We gon go to d moon second.

Might as well plan a base with the frends here
THE COMMONWEALTH OF VICTORIALA
Fuck discourse, Memes are the way forward (its inevitable and you know it)
FACTBOOK | LA SOCIÉTÉ | NATIONS | ILLUMINATOR | +
Fucking little island person. 陰 and 陽 but mostly 陰. I draw and do designs.
My NS activity is 90% shitposts. Singy and I fuck each other occasionally.
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu May 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Victoriala wrote:We gon go to d moon second.

Moon base moon base~~

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Qinyue can into Moon?

No, probably not, but Qinyue can into lots and lots of space stations.

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Thu May 28, 2015 8:36 pm

I think Zhouran will be the only major space power to not have gone to the Moon, 'cos moon landing is overrated and basic. :p

Instead, we are focused on space stations, aviation research (such as hypersonic flight, single-stage-to-orbit, air-breathing rocket engines, hypersonic airliners, etc), and very-long space travel with the use of nuclear thermal rockets (Project Orion FTW).

Aalmark
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aalmark » Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Aalmark don't have time for the moon, we've got snow to hold back and an election.
Aalmark's Wikipedia | Obnoxious and Stereotypical NSG Sigs[Expanded] | Interested in MT, RP regions? Why not Tiandi? |The Dude who Runs Aalmark

Pro: Libertarian-Conservatism, National Liberalism, LGB Rights, Free Markets, Nederland, NATO, Soft Euroscepticism, EU Reform.
Anti: Socialism, Leftism, Islamism, Scots Independence, Aboriginal Special Rights, Theocracies, Special Snowflakes, Furries, Palestine, Russia.

Political Compass Thang: Economic Right: 6.56, Social Authoritarian: 1.28

Victoriala
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Thu May 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Arumdaum wrote:
Victoriala wrote:We gon go to d moon second.

Moon base moon base~~

WITH MOTHAFUVKING LAZERS
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Fri May 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Moving on from space, let's discuss about politics, ideologies and alliances.

I made an ideology list. In Tiandi, fascism is Kunbangism. We might also rename communism to something else, since the word itself is latin, and I'm not sure if we even have latin in Tiandi.

Also, Marxism-Leninism and Marxism should also be renamed.

Zangsabaar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zangsabaar » Sat May 30, 2015 8:41 am

Zhouran wrote:Moving on from space, let's discuss about politics, ideologies and alliances.

I made an ideology list. In Tiandi, fascism is Kunbangism. We might also rename communism to something else, since the word itself is latin, and I'm not sure if we even have latin in Tiandi.

Stochocracy shall be named "Nhikirocracy", the form by which Zangsabaar governs itself.
nvm, keeping Stochocracy.

Also, we do have Latin, its' called "Laturian" and originates from the Pontifical States, but obv. it's nowhere near a prevalent as IRL.
Last edited by Zangsabaar on Sat May 30, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Reph.

Looking for a new and exciting RP Region full of opportunity? Check out Tiandi!

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat May 30, 2015 10:18 am

Zhouran wrote:Moving on from space, let's discuss about politics, ideologies and alliances.

I posted and renamed Communism ages ago. Marxism-Leninism specifically probably doesn't exist, since the "original" revolution was in Qinyue rather than the USSR and Marxism-Leninism was promulgated by Lenin based on Russia's specific situation. However, if you read through my post, you'll notice I've come up with a replacement name for Marxism in addition to Mao Zedong Thought and Socialism with Chinese Characteristics. My replacement for Socialism with Chinese Charecteristics is also more broad than just that, it could also be considered a sort-of replacement for Marxism-Leninism (but again, that emerged specifically from Russia, while our "original" revolution was in Qinyue).
Last edited by Senkaku on Sat May 30, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:07 am

Regarding Latin, we should probably have the scientific names of species be in Classical Chinese, as that is basically East Asia's Latin.

Also, ocean/sea names:

Ocean in the north where the North Pole is and stuff - Northern Ice/Frozen Ocean 北冰洋 (same as IRL but I am feeling lazy rn)
Ocean in the way south - Southern Ice/Frozen Ocean 南冰洋
Small sea between southeast Jeongmi, northeast Meisaan, and Aki's New Territories - East Jeongmi Sea (東鄭麋海)
Roughly square area south of Aki and north of Kealakekua - South Sinju Sea (南神海)
Sea west of Jeongmi until big island - West Jeongmi Sea (西鄭麋海)
Rough area with Zangsabaar and Tanah Merah - Sea of Zangsabaar (章國海)
Last edited by Arumdaum on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Victoriala
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:59 am

Arumdaum wrote:Regarding Latin, we should probably have the scientific names of species be in Classical Chinese, as that is basically East Asia's Latin.
Arumdaum wrote:Regarding Latin, we should probably have the scientific names of species be in Classical Chinese, as that is basically East Asia's Latin.

Ily mang

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:13 am

Victoriala wrote:

Ily mang

<33

my dream is to one day be considered this by eurocentrics :-)))

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:24 am

Arumdaum wrote:Ocean in the north where the North Pole is and stuff - Northern Ice/Frozen Ocean 北冰洋 (same as IRL but I am feeling lazy rn)

Well I can help with that........

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:24 am

Area between North Yashima and Chousen: Sea of Akitsukuni
Area between Akitsukuni and Hasumin: Sea of Yashima

random names for any seas:
Green Sea
Blue Sea

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:27 am

Arumdaum wrote:Area between North Yashima and Chousen: Sea of Akitsukuni
Area between Akitsukuni and Hasumin: Sea of Yashima

random names for any seas:
Green Sea
Blue Sea

How about names of the oceans between the continents? You only had ocean names for the northern and southern parts.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents