NATION

PASSWORD

The Grand Nicholia-Abiottis War (OOC, MT-PMT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Grand Nicholia-Abiottis War (OOC, MT-PMT, Open)

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Continuation of this thread. Sign up thread for other thread.

War has been declared between Grand Nicholia and Abiottis over a Royal Visit turned sour. Signups here. Full backstory on the IC.

Rules:
1: No godmodding. That includes but is not limited to controlling other players' troop movements, under-estimating troop casualties after a battle, suddenly spawning troops from nowhere with no prior warning, or defining another player's troop casualties after a battle. Discussion can be made in this OOC, but not in IC.
2: No IC in the OOC. Likewise, no OOC in the IC. Discussions are to be kept separate. Also, anything revealed in the OOC is not known by those in the IC.
3: Signups are required for all belligerents - including those mentioned below.
4: Posts are required to be at least four lines long. During small conversations, this may be shortened to prevent waffling, but when defining troop movements, battles or other important events, detail is key.
5: Please be gracious when losing a battle. Remember, NS wars are not about winning, but about storytelling.
6: Sorry for the long list of rules. I know most of these rules are in the stickies. I am just re-iterating them to make them clear.
7: Please post "Sign me up, Scotty!" at some point during your signup. Not only is this so that I can tell who's read the rules, but also so that I can easily find signups amongst the vast swathes of OOC.
8: Due to the MT and PMT nature of this RP, quality vs quantity must be taken into account. If you are a PMT nation, then make your troop counts smaller. Likewise, if you are a MT nation (like myself) then you may have larger troop counts, but less technological advancement.
9: NO WMDs! That includes bio-weapons, nuclear devices, planet-busters, or anything else which could cause immeasurable damage to a large area. Not just because I know that I don't have any of these, but also, it makes the game so much more enjoyable.
10: Please stay professional.
Finally, 11: I am the OP, not the god. I will make sure that RP is of a high quality and stuff, but I will not control outside factors, nor have an advantage in-game.

Belligerents:

Central Powers: - (8,547,754 men)
Grand Nicholia (1,150,000 men)
Asgeirria (1,497,600 men)
The Vaterian States (2,000,000 men)
The Agency (2,300,154 men)
Chernordad (1,600,000 men)

Clányad: - (17,045,500 men)
Clányad (1,200,000 men)
Balashov (1,750,000 men)
Altul (3,500,000 men)
Manticulon (2,000,000 men)
Lexicot (2,500,000 men)
Sperland (2,000,000 men)
Libris Scientiam (2,000,000 men)
Military Democracy of Birtonia (2,095,500 men)

Abiottis: - (4,300,000 men)
Abiottis (550,000 drones)
Eredion (3,500,000 men)
Billugslovakc (250,000 men)

Signup:
Code: Select all
[box][b]Name of Country:[/b]
[b]Side chosen:[/b] (Which side are you joining?)
[b]Tech level:[/b]
[b]Total Military size:[/b] (in number of men)
[/box]

My signup:

Sign me up, Scotty!
Name of Country: The Empire of Clányad
Side chosen: The Coalition
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: 700,000 men
Last edited by Claanyad on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 30 times in total.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Grand Nicholia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 982
Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Nicholia » Mon May 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Sign me up, Scotty!
Name of Country: Grand Nicholia
[b]Side chosen:
(Which side are you joining?) Coalition
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: (in number of men) 1,150,000 men
Last edited by Grand Nicholia on Mon May 04, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nam et Deum et Regem

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

User avatar
Abiottis
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 144
Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Abiottis » Mon May 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Name of Country: The federation of Abiottis
Side chosen: Abiottis
Tech level: PMT
Total Military size: 550,000 drones


Sign me up, Scotty!
Last edited by Abiottis on Mon May 04, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Grand Nicholia wrote:
Name of Country: Grand Nicholia
[b]Side chosen:
(Which side are you joining?) Coalition
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: (in number of men) 1,150,000 million men


Abiottis wrote:
Name of Country: The federation of Abiottis
Side chosen: Abiottis
Tech level: PMT
Total Military size: 550,000 drones


Did you two read the rules?
Last edited by Claanyad on Mon May 04, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Grand Nicholia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 982
Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Nicholia » Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Claanyad wrote:
Grand Nicholia wrote:
Name of Country: Grand Nicholia
[b]Side chosen:
(Which side are you joining?) Coalition
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: (in number of men) 1,150,000 million men


Abiottis wrote:
Name of Country: The federation of Abiottis
Side chosen: Abiottis
Tech level: PMT
Total Military size: 550,000 drones


Did you two read the rules?

I did now.
Nam et Deum et Regem

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Grand Nicholia wrote:
Claanyad wrote:


Did you two read the rules?

I did now.

Grand Nicholia: Accepted. So long as you meant 1,150,000 men.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Grand Nicholia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 982
Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Nicholia » Mon May 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Claanyad wrote:
Grand Nicholia wrote:I did now.

Grand Nicholia: Accepted. So long as you meant 1,150,000 men.

The million was an accident.
Nam et Deum et Regem

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Grand Nicholia wrote:
Claanyad wrote:Grand Nicholia: Accepted. So long as you meant 1,150,000 men.

The million was an accident.

Thought so. That's good.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Abiottis wrote:
Name of Country: The federation of Abiottis
Side chosen: Abiottis
Tech level: PMT
Total Military size: 550,000 drones


Sign me up, Scotty!

Accepted. Welcome aboard.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Eredion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1173
Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Eredion » Mon May 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Name of Country:Eredion
Side chosen:Abiottis (Which side are you joining?)
Tech level:MT
Total Military size:3.5 million (if too much 2 million is perfectly fine as well) (in number of men)
Proud founding member of the Union of Sovereign States

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Eredion wrote:
Name of Country:Eredion
Side chosen:Abiottis (Which side are you joining?)
Tech level:MT
Total Military size:3.5 million (if too much 2 million is perfectly fine as well) (in number of men)

Have you read the rules?
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Eredion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1173
Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Eredion » Mon May 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Claanyad wrote:
Eredion wrote:
Name of Country:Eredion
Side chosen:Abiottis (Which side are you joining?)
Tech level:MT
Total Military size:3.5 million (if too much 2 million is perfectly fine as well) (in number of men)

Have you read the rules?

Yes.
Proud founding member of the Union of Sovereign States

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Eredion wrote:
Claanyad wrote:Have you read the rules?

Yes.

Okay then. I'm still not convinced you have, but if you're sure.
Not accepted until further notice.

Hint: Rule 7.
Last edited by Claanyad on Mon May 04, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Eredion
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1173
Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Eredion » Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Claanyad wrote:
Eredion wrote:Yes.

Okay then. I'm still not convinced you have, but if you're sure.
Not accepted until further notice.

Hint: Rule 7.

Sign me up scotty! Its like 5:00 in the morning here.
Proud founding member of the Union of Sovereign States

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon May 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Eredion wrote:
Claanyad wrote:Okay then. I'm still not convinced you have, but if you're sure.
Not accepted until further notice.

Hint: Rule 7.

Sign me up scotty! Its like 5:00 in the morning here.

Don't worry. The same has happened to me in the past.
Accepted. Welcome aboard.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Sperland
Diplomat
 
Posts: 937
Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sperland » Tue May 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Sign me up Scotty!
Name of Country: Sperland
Side chosen: The Coalition
(Which side are you joining?)
Tech level:MT
Total Military size: 2,000,000 available for invasions.
Soviet Britainnian-Sperlish war (Ceasefire)
The Sperland-Antarcteca war(Treaty)
The Liberation of Andorra (Ceasefire)
The invasion of the Caribean (withdrawn)
War against Anarcho France (Victory)
Second Sperlish-Soviet War (Ceasefire)
The Fifth Sperlish Civil War (Rebel Victory)
The US-Sperlish war (Victory)

Watch this Video
https://youtu.be/NwztaQgv3-Y

We are a dictatorship in disguise! SHH! DON'T TELL ANYONE!

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Tue May 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Sperland wrote:Sign me up Scotty!
Name of Country: Sperland
Side chosen: The Coalition
(Which side are you joining?)
Tech level:MT
Total Military size: 2,000,000 available for invasions.

Accepted. Welcome aboard.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Tue May 05, 2015 3:11 pm

Okay, I'm seeing quite a few problems with the roleplaying which should be fixed.

1: Refer to rule 1: Godmodding also includes controlling an enemy's civilians, stating that you have captured or killed someone when the person in question has not accepted this, or saying that an enemy definitely doesn't know about something, as that is controlling what the enemy knows or does not. You can present facts, and that the units are, say, 'trying to be stealthy', but nothing else.
2: Refer to line 4. This isn't just for the purposes of being idiotic - it is for quality control. The four lines rule is used by many in the RP'ing community to make sure that the roleplay is kept up to a good standard and doesn't just become an ineffective roleplay, like so many do. Consider saying how the characters feel, how they hold themselves - are they nervous? They'd probably be shaking slightly and trying to take up as little room as possible. Are they happy? They may stretch out their bodies to their full extents. Also try mentioning what other people are doing. While Call's Cousin is lecturing the biotic girl about how she will die, are there any drones who might come forward and take her to be executed as he defined? Or is the girl frightened, and is kicking and screaming to get away, but is unable to due to the strong grip of the drones? Think about these things.
3: Remember to be accurate based on the situation. It would take a really brave person to, when staring death in the face, to say, 'jokes on you', or 'I forgot'.

Those are the only real problems I see. But they are still problems. You may choose to fix them or not, but they will increase the Roleplay's quality tenfold.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Azi Altul
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 60
Founded: Feb 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Azi Altul » Tue May 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Name of Country: Altul
Side chosen: Abiottis
Tech level: Is pre-MT an option? My riders are fierce warriors, with advanced weapons and techniques, but they fear the modern man's electricity and moving parts, and still ride our own denomination of horses.
Total Military size: 3,500,000 riders

Sign me up Scotty!
Last edited by Azi Altul on Tue May 05, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Balashov
Attaché
 
Posts: 98
Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balashov » Tue May 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Name of Country: The Royal Kingdom of Balashov
Side chosen: (Which side are you joining?) Grand Nicholia
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: (in number of men) 1,750,000 total troops (from the Army, Navy, and Air Force)

Question: is this IC involving space/space-travel? I feel like I read something about it in the IC, however, I'm unsure. The reason I ask is cause I traditionally RP as a MT nation, not PMT/FT, but I'm willing to for this RP.

Sign me up, Scotty!
The views of Balashov do not entirely represent my real-life views
I do not RP by my NS statistics

User avatar
Abiottis
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 144
Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Abiottis » Tue May 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Balashov wrote:
Name of Country: The Royal Kingdom of Balashov
Side chosen: (Which side are you joining?) Grand Nicholia
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: (in number of men) 1,750,000 total troops (from the Army, Navy, and Air Force)

Question: is this IC involving space/space-travel? I feel like I read something about it in the IC, however, I'm unsure. The reason I ask is cause I traditionally RP as a MT nation, not PMT/FT, but I'm willing to for this RP.

Sign me up, Scotty!


I think some mild space travel might be introduced later, but It's not happened yet. For now, It's just one planet

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7295
Founded: May 22, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue May 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Name of Country: Kaboomlandia
Side chosen: (Which side are you joining?) Coalition
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: (in number of men) We will be sending 200,000 soldiers at first.
Sign me up, Scotty!
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Tue May 05, 2015 6:47 pm

All accepted. Welcome aboard, guys!

Answering questions:
Balashov wrote:
Name of Country: The Royal Kingdom of Balashov
Side chosen: (Which side are you joining?) Grand Nicholia
Tech level: MT
Total Military size: (in number of men) 1,750,000 total troops (from the Army, Navy, and Air Force)

Question: is this IC involving space/space-travel? I feel like I read something about it in the IC, however, I'm unsure. The reason I ask is cause I traditionally RP as a MT nation, not PMT/FT, but I'm willing to for this RP.

Sign me up, Scotty!

Not yet, as Abiottis said. Also, I assume you don't use NS stats, since that is a high military number for 12,000,000 people.

Azi Altul wrote:Name of Country: Altul
Side chosen: Abiottis
Tech level: Is pre-MT an option? My riders are fierce warriors, with advanced weapons and techniques, but they fear the modern man's electricity and moving parts, and still ride our own denomination of horses.
Total Military size: 3,500,000 riders

Sign me up Scotty!

Pre-MT is indeed accepted. Wow, the Abiottis alliance is becoming a melting pot of techs...
Last edited by Claanyad on Tue May 05, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

User avatar
Balashov
Attaché
 
Posts: 98
Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balashov » Tue May 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Claanyad wrote:Not yet, as Abiottis said. Also, I assume you don't use NS stats, since that is a high military number for 12,000,000 people.

You sir are correct, I do not go by NS stats. My RP nation is a little bit different than my statistical one - my people have more liberties, education and welfare is a bit more important, etc. I just find that I like my RP nation much more, and that it allows for me to have more control and customization.
The views of Balashov do not entirely represent my real-life views
I do not RP by my NS statistics

User avatar
Claanyad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 879
Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Tue May 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Balashov wrote:
Claanyad wrote:Not yet, as Abiottis said. Also, I assume you don't use NS stats, since that is a high military number for 12,000,000 people.

You sir are correct, I do not go by NS stats. My RP nation is a little bit different than my statistical one - my people have more liberties, education and welfare is a bit more important, etc. I just find that I like my RP nation much more, and that it allows for me to have more control and customization.

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I do the same.
Last edited by Claanyad on Tue May 05, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
********
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DACOROMANIA, EmuAustralia, Exabot [Bot], Jocospor, Mzeusia, The Brytish Isles

Advertisement

Remove ads