NATION

PASSWORD

Yukon Begins [IC | Region Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Wolfeinstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

A legacy ended

Postby New Wolfeinstein » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:20 pm

I step outside of our freshly built headquarters and gaze around, evergreen trees surround the clearing and a thin layer of snow crunches between my toes. It's a shame we have to remove so many of them, Caliginosum and 2 other cities are being built underground but still I don't like needlessly killing fauna. Kolomika on the other hand just views it as collateral damage in the way of progress, speaking of the Grandmaster I better go check on him. He hasn't been feeling well and it's been getting worse, he is very old almost 90. The average Wolfen lives to be what 70? I turn around step back towards the 1 story office buildings doors, the guilds symbol of the paw prints has been set in the gold door with rubies and handles are white gold. I step inside, the guard at the front desk nods at me and I nod back. The walls are a painted red and have portraits of Arcosis, Kolomika, Niaska, Izca, Conitha and Krakkus. The founders of Sanguis Luna and current rulers of New Wolfeinstein, their all getting old though. It won't be much longer till me and Decessus succeed our parents. As for who the others appoint as their heirs, only fate knows. Krakkus, Conitha, and the Cyrelli trainer are quite literally the only humans left in service of the guild so they'll have to select a hybrid. The Thalmathian died of a heart attack on the way here and the other Cyrelli was killed on the tribal moon. Most of us are hybrids now, there are less than a thousand werewolves left and maybe 3 Wolfen still kicking. My unsheathed toe claws click on the marble floor as I approach the elevator, I push the button and the doors slide open smoothly. I select the lowest floor and the elevator doors close. I turn around and gaze at my reflection in the mirror. My grey eyes stare back, and my black fur gleams in the light. I open my mouth and look at my two rows of teeth, their a radiant white. I look down at my hands at eject my naturally sharp claws then retract them, it appears everything still works. The elevator dings and I turn around, striding down the smooth stone hallway. Kolomika's room is the 16th door on the left side, I open it and the first thing I smell is ink. Then an undertone of sickness, I step in cautiously."Kolomika, are you okay?" I ask fear slipping into my voice. I continue to creep further in, my sheathed claws make no noise on the hardwood floor. I peek in his bedroom, but he's not there. The earth tone walls just look back at me, mockingly. I walk down the long hallway and reach the living room, he lies stiffly on the carpeted floor. As I choke back sobs, I grab my radio and call Niaska. I can see a piece of paper in his hand, but I wait to retrieve it.
~War is in our genetics~

Yes I am a maple and yes I do say 'eh'

Proud member of the Unified Coalition of Nations

Vvarden
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vvarden » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:34 pm

"A plague?" President Derrik spoke out loud while reading the report. His husband was beside him. "150 million?!"
"Redding, my faithful assistant, make sure that these policies are implemented in wake of the outbreak." He passed his assistant a piece of paper and he walked out of the office.
"I miss Enkon." Johans spoke. "The valleys of the East. Newport. New Andas. First Town. Flagstaff. The tribals, Dax. Who saved the tribals? I could've, but I didn't. And now, all their history diminished, all gone. We still don't know how they came about."
"Yukon is still our home now. We would not be wise to leave." Dax spoke.
Johans sighed. "I sometimes wish I was back on Enkon, where we were both young and happy. But now, our son is older than you. I remember waiting outside your stasis pod, watching you sleep, with my wedding ring in my hand, every anniversary. I spent 40 years without you. And now that you are back, I feel both extremely happy and also, quite odd, as if you owe me time."
"Johans, please. I love you. We have a son. And grandchildren. See the light, the new dawn, not linger in the darkness." Dax sighed.
"I'm sorry Dax. I never should've said that."
"It's not your fault. We should've grown old together, but we couldn't take Erriel into stasis. It was too dangerous for him as a baby. So, you had to stay behind."
"Yes," Johans placed his hand on Dax's hand. "We should've grown old together."

VVARDENI NEWS NETWORK
Borders Closed To Tyvenians After Plague Outbreak
After a mysterious plague broke out in Tyvenians and has already killed over 150 million, the borders of Vvarden shall be closed to all Tyvenians until the plague subsidies. Already, research has started along with other countries to make a cure, in case if Vvarden or any nearby countries fall sick.

Also, a new city, known as Acharn has been founded close to the border with Cyrellican. Over 10,000 people have already settled and a military base/city, known as Chorrol will be erected to the East, much closer to New Erriel than Cyrellican.

Also, President Derrik has announced a new agriculture scheme known as Project GreenTowers. The scheme will involve indoor farms stacked on top of one another to create a skyscraper, which will also include more light dependent crops on the top. These towers are to bump up food production by 10% percent.
(OOC: Agricultural Sector Up 10%)
Last edited by Vvarden on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vvarden
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

A Day At The Arena

Postby Vvarden » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:27 pm

The night is long
And the path is dark
Look to the sky
For one day soon
The dawn will come

The shepherd’s lost
And his home is far
Keep to the stars
The dawn will come

Elazhar remembered that song. It was a favourite song of his, a kids song. Vvarden had changed since Enkon. It was no longer a wealthy, trading hub with 50s clothes, cars, music and architecture. Now it was more futuristic, and more...mystical. More like Caisus, more like Cyrellican. It had changed. Elazhar knew it. He watched the fight in the Arena below. The Arena was a famous spot for the Vvardeni. It was like the Colluseum of the Romans, but the fights were safe and with the fighter's own swords. Bets were often made over who would survive within the two teams, red and blue. Two gladiators, in Royal Guard armour were fighting with their swords. One wielded two wakasishis, the blue, and the other a fearsome dai-katana, the red. They swiped at one another, ducking and swerving with strength and ferocity. Then the one wielding the two wakasishis tensed and stiffened, about to make an attack. He charged, then stopped and the fighter with the dai-katana was blocking nothing but air, and so the other fighter charged underneath the dai-katana and got him on the ground, sword at throat.
The crowd cheered and people passed money. Then an announcer roared "People of New Erriel, welcome to the Arena! Today, a royal fight! The Emperor Telasero vs his brother, yes! Emperor Andasreth!"
The crowd cheered again.
"I bet 150 that Telasero wins." Said a businessman beside Elhazar.
"150?," Elazhar asked. "Deal." And the two took hands. Then the two Emperors came into the Arena on chariots, each wearing ornate armour. Prince Telasero wore a white suit of armour, with a curved helm, made so attacks slide off. Prince Andasreth wore a bright emerald suit of armour, much less bulky, with gaps in the suit plugged up by chainmail.
Then a horn sounded, they jumped off and the two drew their swords. Both wielded them one handed. They stood there a moment, before they both charged. Telasero swiped towards Andasreth's head and Andasreth ducked and pushed over Telasero, who was now stuck like a turtle. As Andasreth was about to strike, Telasero swerved, kneeled and then stabbed at Andasreth, who then kicked the vulnerable Telasero in the head, knocking his helmet off, revealing his fair face and cornsilk hair. Telasero got up and made a murderous swipe towards the chink between Andasreth's helmet and pauldron, which Andasreth blocked with one hand and then he pushed Telasero over, sword at throat.
Telasero made the sign for surrender, some the crowd cheered and others groaned, and Elazhar walked away, $150 richer.
Last edited by Vvarden on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vvarden
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vvarden » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:25 am

Vvardeni News Network
New Erriel Arena To Be Upgraded
The famous New Erriel Arena, a major attraction to Vvardeni and gamblers, is to be upgraded to fit 5 million people inside. The Arena usually provides an income of up to 15 million a week, and with the new upgrade, it is hopeful that it will become a main attraction not just for Vvarden but for Enkon.

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Colonisation and Imperialism?

Postby Herargon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:20 am

An Imperial Policy

I marched, with my fellow soldiers together away from the capital, to seek for new places to live in.
The sunlight was shining upon our faces, the sweat fell down our skin, and we were tired but optimistic.

Our task was simple. Seek any place that is easy defendable, and that has well farmable lands and water.

''Phh''.

'Pardon?' , I said with a lifted eyebrow, and then I frowned.
''Sir, we can't walk any longer without having to set up a camp there, sir'', the optio said. An optio was in what we call barbaric terms, a soldier third class. It was between being a recrute and having to do all filthy work and being a soldier and having to do more filthy work.
Work was clearly designed to make people feel like they were tired.
''Nonsense, we can continue walking. It is not dark yet, and the sun won't come down for at least three hours.''

The soldiers sighed. Very unnoticeable. Hm. Where should we go to next?
Left of us was a forst, right of us was a forest, and before us was a humongously mountain, and behind us was a capital called New Traianum.

'''Forwards, march!'', I said calm but firmly. And the legion came into motion, behind me.

A few hours of silent marching passed by, and then we found out that at the left side of the mountain there was a lake.

''This looks like a nice place. Sir'', he quickly added after one of the other soldiers stared at him with a warning face.

'I agree. However, there are too much trees to immediately place a new city there,'' I said, and after I paused, I said ''But this looks good; the mountain is spikey, but something can be built on. We should dig a canal from this lake, and then through the desert that was behind these other hills the fourth manipel marched through two days ago'' I said.

A brief silence followed, and nobody dared to disagree.

''Very well then. No morale left for our country?'' I spoke sarcastically.

''Yes, Sir! Avè!'', they saluted and shouted, and we began singing our anthem to praise that we have found a new suitable place.
Seemingly our singing was bad, because a few birds flew away as quickly as they could, and some boars run away with fear in their faces.

I couldn't care less. Hail our Emperor!
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:14 pm

The Joke

"I couldn't believe I lost that f**king bet, man! 230 Sestertias! All gone!"
"Life is hard, bruh. Believe me, I know it. That emperor Telasero lost from Andaresth or sum'thing like that" said the other guy.
The two boys were both walking in hanging jeans, with a Abercrombie sweater and a pair of sunglasses on their faces. They were walking in a shopping street to the home of one of them.

"But why, just why? All they could've done at least, involved some kind of waving and dancing!"

Geatius Vespania, or as he was called shortly Geat, burst out into laughter.
"Nope, that was not even dancing. Bad dancing at least!" he grinned.
"I can agree, but that swordfighting definitifely was impressive."
"It's better than what we have in our country, yes..." sighed Geat.
"Just let's buy some popcorn in that A-Z shop, they have some good food there." Arterius Geaminitus, his friend spoke lightly.

They stopped at Geat's home.
"Great idea, then we can go see football."
"What? Nobody loves football, except you!"
"Wasn't it the other way around when you were staring at your new FIFA in your hands when showering?"
"That's something entirely different!" Art protested.
"Doesn't matter, nobody is at home- oh."

There was this sound of a person showering.
"I think it is my sister," Geat grinned softly.
"Shall we- nahhh. That's already been done."
"I know, we must try a new prank next time. Football TV time!" Geat shouted.
"Let's watch - ohh that was a great goal! GOAL!" and the last word was shouted by both guys except the girl that was still busy showering.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.

New Wolfeinstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Wolfeinstein » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Removing this tore my heart out. Screw u Uni.
Last edited by New Wolfeinstein on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~War is in our genetics~

Yes I am a maple and yes I do say 'eh'

Proud member of the Unified Coalition of Nations

Tyvenia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Solo Mission

Postby Tyvenia » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:15 am

The epidemiological reports had long since stopped crossing Elijah’s desk. In fact, statistical reports from all of the executive departments had stopped. Not that it mattered; once the death rate had reached 50% with an infiltration rate well exceeding 90% Elijah stopped reading them.Everything after that had gone into an ignored stack. Collapse was imminent and if he was going to die, it wouldn’t be while reading about death of his society.

Now Elijah sat alone thumbing through any book in his library that wasn’t obsessed with disease or death. His mind was elsewhere. The last bit of outside information was composed of the story of rioting in the cities and rumors that Grand Prince Trey had died. None of which he had been able to confirm. His office, though impressive in size and grandeur, was in the middle of the building and lacked any windows for him to watch even remotely. Three days earlier, after sending out his deputy, he had locked down the building. It should have taken Nick only two hours to make the trip to government headquarters.

---
Nick winced as the corner of the silicon board bit through his glove and sliced its way up his pinky, silently flooding the rest of the glove. It was worth it though as his panel lit up the darkened communications room. He took a deep breath and looked around for something to wrap his finger with, finally settling on a bunch of napkins and a rubber band that were on the next desk over. As the machine went through its startup protocols, Nick searched through the staff break room and finally found some crackers in the back of a cupboard.

By the time he had made it back to the com room, the panel was printing off messages that were stored in the queue. Page after page of internal and foreign messages were rolling through: Warnings of widespread rioting and some pirate signal claiming that they were now in control. Notices of travel restrictions from Vvarden, Unibearia & Herargon, and offers of aid from Caisus, Airatania, & OES Zaphiron and others.

Nick then brought up the signal frequency scanner, after several minutes, the process stopped, returning no results for active signals. Nick pulled out a piece of paper that Elijah had given him, and typed in the code for emergency government signals. The screen only listed one location. Nick tapped the “connect” button and waited.

---

The communications panel chimed loudly, only half-waking Elijah from his attempted rest. In the pause between chimes, Elijah’s eyes drifted close again.

The second time, he realized the sound wasn’t emanating from his dreams but from the room. Rushing over to the panel, he punched in the encryption commands and answered,

“The hen wakes at dawn.”

The brief moment that passed was forever in Elijah’s head.

“To wake the rooster for his call.”

“Nick, you sonofabitch! It’s been three days, where have you been? Are you okay?”

“Please, Minister, there’s nothing to worry about. The streets are dead... I mean silent.”

“I thought there was widespread rioting.”

“There was, or rather still is. But this part of the City is quiet. I can still hear gunfire from the distance, and the occasional explosion.”

“What took you so long then?”

“I took a day to recon to make sure I wasn’t walking into something bad, and the rest scrounge up parts and repair this panel.”

“I knew choosing a former CLAW officer as my deputy was a good idea.”

“Just my job, sir.”

“Is anyone else broadcasting, Nick?”

“I’m afraid not sir, at least nothing that my half-assed repair job is able to pick up.”

“Nick, is there any equipment that you can bring back here so my com panel can send an external signal to our allies for aid?”

“I really wouldn’t know sir, I’m not an engineer. This fix was purely trial and error -- no skill required...”

Elijah closed his eyes before continuing, “Okay, Nick. I’m going to transfer my command codes to you. I need you get something to write with. I’m going to send you two sets of coordinates. The first will open up a secondary emergency government channel that will force any com panel that is connected to a power source and capable of receiving information to pick up on your signal. You’ll send a message telling people to return to our building. As soon as you hit send, I need you to head back here. I want you to get to me before too many others are to get here. So, you’ll need to be walking out the door when you send it.”

“Okay sir, and the other message?”

“The other is a special shared channel. It will go to Ajerri and Caisan high commands. There is no need to send a message, just this building's coordinates -– the channel only has one purpose, and this is it.”
Last edited by Tyvenia on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:21 am, edited 9 times in total.

Airatania
Secretary

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Crisis Deepens

Postby Airatania » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:43 am

Airatania News Network
BREAKING NEWS President issues plea to other world leaders on Tyvenia crisis

NEW MIRACUS -- President Ward today issued an urgent plea to neighboring nations, calling for an emergency meeting to discuss possible plans for dealing with the growing crisis in Tyvenia. Reports from the area indicate that the country may be destabilizing, according to Department of Defense officials.

President Ward has asked that other nations in the region join Airatania in a special emergency meeting of world leaders to discuss possible solutions, including how to move forward with control of the now widespread disease, and what efforts can be made to help stabilize the government in Tyvenia.

So far, there is no word on the reaction from other world leaders on this news. More information will follow as soon as it is available.
The United Republic of Airatania
Commander-in-Chief, the 30th President of the United Republic of Airatania, the Honorable President Thomas P. Kucera
DEFCON: 5 [●] Peacetime | 4 [ ] Low Risk | 3 [ ] Heightened Alert/Some Deployment | 2 [ ] Extreme Alert/War Imminent | 1 [ ] Active War/Full Deployment

OES Zaphiron
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby OES Zaphiron » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:24 pm

5 Decontamination Squads Preparing for Mission to Reestablish control in Tyvenia, Emperor Asks for Additional Aid

After receiving word that the Tyvenian government has started to lose control of its people, the Emperor has ordered that 5 Veteran Squads of De-Con squads lead by Lord Sol will infiltrate the disease-ridden anarchy and assist the government in re-asserting control. If all else fails, it has been rumored that the Emperor has ordered Lord Sol to evacuate the survivors of the government. A support force of 500 will be standing by to provide aid in case of hostile situations. The Imperial Medical Corps is also sending 150 medics and doctors to split into 3 care centers in various parts of Tyvenia to combat the affliction with what they can.
The New Zaphirite Empire

The NZE, Zaphiron, The Empire, and OES. Although that last one is the designation of a ship... meh, whatever. It can slide.

Promethius Prime
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Promethius Prime » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Latest Headlines

Grav-Rail Network to Link Major Urban Centers
A brand new Grav-Rail network is set to link the major urban centers of the Empire, from Thanos in the east to Melchior in the west. This network shall be standardised across the Empire and is expected to take several months to complete. Grav-Rail technology is an Arcadian innovation which propels a train using a series of equidistant pylons which generate a grav field, allowing any vehicle with a grav 'claw' to engage itself and travel along the line; pylons can be assembled vertically or horizontally to allow for difficult terrain; however so long as the path of the train itself is not blocked the claw will automatically reacquire the nearest pylon. The network is innovative in that it is designed to automatically detect obstructions and unblock the line, or redirect the train until the obstruction can be removed.

A statement from the Ministry of Development had this to say:
As with the Hyper-Speed Rail Link in the ancient Arcadian Commonwealth on Enkon it is hoped that the Grav-Rail network will be the first step in the development and civilisation of the maiden world and the effective development of the country. Transportation infrastructure is key if we are to build up our economy.It needn't be reiterated how new we are to this world and this shall be the first step in our long march of progress.
The Glorious Palatine Union
"For a just and greater society, for the good of all!"
PMT Tech Thread - FT Tech Thread - Yurope 1936
Timeless Wizard and Regional Gandalf

Moarfall
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Arrival

Postby Moarfall » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Moarfallian Deep Space Research Station Damascus
0300 Hours Military Calendar

A fleet of ships began to accelerate away from the station. The first group of Moarfallians in a long time were going to be sent to a planet for colonization. Weeks ago the Nedeans had contacted a Moarfallian mining ship and let them know of the discovery of Ucon, and how many nations had already flocked to it.

All eyes turned towards the view screens as ships began to warp out of the system. Ships seemed to roll in on themselves as they were swallowed by a brilliant blue hole that seemed to crackle with energy. In the blackness of slipstream, it was easy to see the fellow ships making the exodus to Ucon.

After a week of travel, the ships began to drop out of slipstream space. Some appeared thousands of kilometers outside of the system, while others had to quickly accelerate to avoid asteroids. Warp drives were wildly unpredictable, and were sometimes hundreds of thousands of kilometers off from the target destination.

The fleet began the small trek to orbit the planet. Soon there were many ships in orbit over a small section of the southern hemisphere. Military cargo ships left the bowels of the larger supercarriers and began to deposit parts for space stations in orbit, while construction ships busily worked to assemble them. Some ships descended from the heavens and into the atmosphere of the planet. As soon as they touched ground, civilians, supplies, and more ships were released to begin construction of cities, roads, forts, and all other sorts of infrastructure.

After drilling for many many years, and setting up mining colonies on countless moons and asteroids, the ordeal was quite easy. The process appeared as if it were done by a well oiled machine. A man in his 50's, with dark black, salt and pepper hair stared on from the view screen lightyears away, aboard the MSC Eternal. The massive ship rumbled very slightly as it moved. So slightly, only a man born on a planet, whom had lived his life upon one, and not among the stars; would find the rumble to be unnatural. The man watched as the workes completed all sorts of tasks and moved onto others. Soon a small communication network and a few FOBs were set up and the communciations were open.

"Good morning, Sir."

"I would very much like to know if it is, General."

"My apologies, Sir, we should be able to move the Eternal into the system soon. If you look to the asteroid belt just outside of the system, we have workers constructing a new Ship Facility, complete with Stellar Foundry."

"Good, when will I be arriving?"

"As soon as it's done Sir, close to a few months. The whole nation should be expanding naturally by then."

"Good."

"Nir mahfaeraak faasnu"

"Aal hin zahkrii dein kinzon ahrk hin ronaaz bonau"
Last edited by Moarfall on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Molon Labe!
Come and take it!

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."

Power is shipping goods, giving speeches, moving armies, conquering lands, discovering planets, bending space, and exploring the universe.
True Power is being able to transform the world and universe around you using your sheer will. Your words and your stories are your will here and they shape the world. A word in a speech can be more powerful than a bullet in battle here. It depends on how you wield it.
Power is attained through your words and in turn your actions. Your words are left for the world to see and because of that; your power and will are immortal.

Caisus
Spokesperson

Founded: May 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

1000 Survivors

Postby Caisus » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:15 pm

"Are they alive?"
"Yes."
"And the anarchy that has swept the country?
"Not Tyvenians. Merely bandits taking advantage of the destruction of an entire civilization."
The man in the silver half mask sighs and adjusts his mask. "And the facility we recieved contact from?"
"A government building. Two individuals."
"Elijah and Nick?"
"Have you met them, Speaker Bright."
"Once. A very long time ago."
"They were not infected."
"Filtration systems?"
"Or divine intervention."
Speaker Bright shifts through several documents from the facility. "The secrets of an entire civilization..."
"Speaker Bright, I have something to report", a guardsman with a silver cloak says as he strides into the dark room.
Turning in his chair to him, Bright replies with a "Yes?"
"Zaphiron has moved into Tyvenia."
Leaning his elbows on his desk and placing his hands into his face, he sighs again and says, "They will find noone."
Tilting his head in confusion, the soldier waits for an explanation.
"Only around 1000 Tyvenians have survived. We have them in stasis until we can find a way to cure them. Zaphiron will be moving into a nation of the dead. 1.5 billion dead."
Last edited by Caisus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:29 pm

A Somber Announcement

SENATORVS •POPVLVSQVAE•ROMANUM•HERARGONEUM

From His Majesty's Imperial Seat

XXIV Ianuaris, MMDCCXLXVIII
22 January, 2767 (ROMAN CALENDAR)

TO: The Tyvenian Nation and Yukon

May you all be welcomed in name of Zeus.

The situation in Tyvenia indeed is dire.
It is a concern.

Although we're neutral, we'd like to announce a important detail.

There are not 1000 Tyvenians left.

As we have many ambassadors of any nation in the world of Yukon there, the Tyvenians are one of those too.
According to diplomatics, an ambassador and his staff often are - if not always - from the same nationality.

Our Tyvenian ambassador has about 30 staff members.
Including consulates, it brings the amount up to roughly 80 people.

Most people forget these details, however; thanks to foreign news sources, the world knows that there are at least roughly 1000 left in Caisus, and a few ambassadors and staff members in the world.
Since that brings up the total amount of Tyvenian survivors up to approximately between 1000 and 2000, the situation is still critical.

The command that these people be returned to Tyvenia has been ignored by us.
I, as the Imperator of Herargon and therefore representing the people of Herargon, would like to apologise for my stance on that situation.

However, that does not mean I will send them back to a doomed country.
They are safe there, and they will stay there until the disease 100% certainly has ceased.
All of these staff people currently are encouraged to make children; however, they're not forced to do that. We will accept no refugees from Tyvenia because most surviving Tyvenians are sick.
Except those in Vvarden, Unibearia and Herargon, all Tyvenians are sick.

We ask for Vvarden and Unibearia that if they don't accept healthy Tyvenian citizens anymore, we then will allow these citizens to come over there, making use of our Citizenship Law "Special Cases"*. They are welcome as long as the situation in Tyvenia itself hasn't been stabilised yet and as long as there are people infected with the 'killing disease' - as I named it - in Tyvenia.

This is merely a proposal but already is in use in Herargon and thus shall be treated as such.

Was written,

Archelauss Tiberias di Caesario, Imperator of Herargon

* See our Factbook.
Last edited by Herargon on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

Airatania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

A Presidential Address

Postby Airatania » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:03 pm

"Good afternoon. I have a brief statement and then Lindsay will try to answer a few questions for you. As by now you have no doubt heard, there is a great deal of confusion surrounding the ongoing crisis in Tyvenia. There have been reports, though we have been unable to confirm them, of massive casualties as a result of the deadly outbreak in that nation. There has been a breakdown in communication between our nation and theirs as a result of the crisis, but rest assured we are working closely with other nations, in concert with our own medical officials, in order to coordinate a response to the situation.

We have put out a general request to all nations to assist in this matter, and to contact our nation at once, so we can all coordinate our efforts. In addition, I have ordered several medical response teams to respond to Tyvenia. They will be escorted by small, six-member strike teams from the marine corps, in an effort to ensure their safety. I'm told those teams have now landed, and should be reporting back shortly.

Additionally, I want to ensure everyone that we are doing everything we can to protect the homeland, including ceasing all civilian travel to and from Tyvenia, as well as restricting, but not ceasing, civilian travel to other nations that may be affected. I have also been coordinating with the Infectious Disease Center to coordinate a plan to minimize the risk of this disease spreading here in Airatania.

Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to manage this crisis, and we have our best and brightest working around the clock to not only assist the Tyvenians, but also to prevent and problems here at home.

Thank you."
Commander-in-Chief, the 30th President of the United Republic of Airatania, the Honorable President Thomas P. Kucera
DEFCON: 5 [●] Peacetime | 4 [ ] Low Risk | 3 [ ] Heightened Alert/Some Deployment | 2 [ ] Extreme Alert/War Imminent | 1 [ ] Active War/Full Deployment

Thalmath
Secretary

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

New Beginnings.

Postby Thalmath » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:15 pm

"Tyvenia? We've never had anything to do with them. What has happened?"
The messenger, Richard, shifted uncomfortably. "They're dead. A lot of them, not all."
Amaia stood up in a brief panic. "How? Can we help them?"
Amaia's hair was tinged grey at the roots. It had been decades since she had taken the throne of Thalmath but it had only been a few years since the evacuation of Enkon. Now they were landing on their new home.
"They said it was a disease or something. We don't know how it started yet," Richard stated somberly. "If we send out ships immediately when we land we can send supplies. Maybe. Maybe it won't help at all."
The Empress fell back on her chair and sighed. Could they be saved at this point? "Send supplies, that's all we can do. Gather information about this disease, we can't have it spreading."
"Will do, Empress Thendaak."
Suddenly the entire room shook with a boom. The whole city seemed to shake.
"We've landed."
Last edited by Thalmath on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KILL EVERYTHING.
EVER.

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Prime Minister Strobel annouces the creation of the FAY.

Postby St Saratoga » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:06 am

Rogerbei, Saratoga -

Today, Prime Minister Strobel has annouced the creation of the Futbol Assoication of Yukon. The FAY's job is to be facilitator of all international matches. It's supposed to organize and officate all competitions. Every 10 years (IC) the FAY will put on a World Cup in a host nation. The FAY World Cup is a compeition of the nations of Yukon to see which nation has the best futbol team. Yukon's first world cup will take place in 1 year with the Prime Minister Strobel opening up the bids at $kr 500 Million to host the Yukon World Cup. The Saratogan government can pay for the World Cup by increasing taxes to pay for stadiums as well as residential and inferstructure upgrades. All nations wishing to attending the world cup can register with the FAY Headquarters in Rogerbei, Saratoga.

The head of the FAY, Walter Scott, said in a speech, "I call all nations to join in as a show of international unity. 75% of the reavnue we earn from the World Cup will go directly to a relief fund to help Tyvenia fight against its diesease outbreak."

(OCC: All nations wishing to participate in the World Cup should telegram me and attempt to create a factbook page for their team, Saratogan National Futball Club. Also telegram me a bid if your would like to host the World Cup and include a short summery on how you are going to pay for your bid, bidding ends next friday. Highest paying nation wins bid.)
Last edited by St Saratoga on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Airatania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Reality Sets In

Postby Airatania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:13 am

A stunned nation sat glued to their television sets as the horrific news played on every available news channel. "How could so many people just... die?" people wondered. But there were no answers to that question. Only more and more questions. It was becoming increasingly clear, however, that a major catastrophe was unfolding before their very eyes.

Now let's got to ANN's Matt Driscoll, live outside the Defense Department headquarters. Matt?

"Thanks Brooke. We just got out of a sort of de facto press briefing inside the Defense Department headquarters, and the news is, sadly, not good. There are reports coming from the medical teams on the ground in Tyvenia that the vast majority of the population appears to have been killed by this disease that has spread throughout the country in just a matter of days, which confirms the rumors we've been hearing all afternoon out of Tyvenia.

There are still very few things Airatanian officials could confirm for us, except that they are continuing to work in concert with other nations in an effort to fully grasp the situation. They did also tell us that President Ward just concluded a high-level meeting on the response here at home, with Defense Department officials asking for heightened measures to not only prevent the possible spread of these disease on Airatanian soil, but also to prevent chaos and keep things orderly in the event of a widescale outbreak.

When asked about the number of people in Tyvenia that have been killed, officials were quick to say they have no real hard numbers at this point, but did confirm to us that the number they are working with right now for survivors is extremely low. Keep in mind, Tyvenia has a total population of roughly one-and-a-half billion, which would indicate this disease has had a massive mortality rate.

There are more meetings scheduled here for officials throughout the night, and we are expecting another press briefing within the next few hours.

For now, reporting live from the Defense Department Headquarters in New Miracus, Matt Driscoll, ANN News."

Thank you very much Matt.
Last edited by Airatania on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Toola
Spokesperson

New Toola responds to crisis in Tyvenia

Postby New Toola » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:00 am

New Toola responds to crisis in Tyvenia

Elder Claire Davis of the Department of Health and Human Services responding to the crisis

New Toola - The New Toolan Government has responded to the recent crisis in Tyvenia. Elder Claire Davis of the Department of Health and Human Services along with Elder Beverly Mitchell of the Department of Defense held a joint meeting discussing what they intend to do.

Elder Davis has stated that scientists will be sent to the ground to assist those already on the ground from foreign nations. Food and medical supplies will be distributed to the people of Tyvenia. Elder Davis was quoted saying...

"We must help the people of Tyvenia in their darkest hour. We will send scientists and supplies to Tyvenia in the hopes that we can help combat whatever this epidemic is. The research team will be led by Doctor Eric Miller who in the past has been controversial but I have faith in his abilities. We will do everything in our power to help the people of Tyvenia and we will not stop until we can save these people."

Elder Mitchell stated that the scientists will be sent with New Toolan Military Personnel. The soldiers will be there for protection and to keep the peace. They will also be used to help distribute food and medical supplies if needed. Elder Mitchell was quoted saying...

"The New Toolan Military will assist in this effort in any way possible. We are sending in some of our soldiers to help maintain peace and keep our doctors safe. Epidemics like this can and most likely will cause issues among the population and we must make sure that stability is kept for the sake of trying to figure out how to combat this."

The New Toolan Government has stated that the scientists along with supplies are en route now.
“I believe that anyone can be successful in life, regardless of natural talent or the environment within which we live. This is not based on measuring success by human competitiveness for wealth, possessions, influence, and fame, but adhering to God’s standards of truth, justice, humility, service, compassion, forgiveness, and love.” - Jimmy Carter

OES Zaphiron
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Something Seldom Heard...

Postby OES Zaphiron » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:09 pm

No one in the Decontamination Squads had expected this... graveyard of a country.

No one in the Medical Corps, renowned for their ability to make light of any situation, could muster even a halfhearted joke.

Lord Sol had spoken to the Emperor via a remote channel several days into the expedition. The Emperor could tell that the man, who had been through several hells and back in his long military career, was shaken to the Core by this great graveyard. It disturbed the ruler that his best tactician was shaken so by the sheer enormity of death there. 1.5 billion people... gone...

The Emperor knew this pain well; after all, the Empire had lost a staggering 3 decillion citizens in its first tragedy, and had lost more with the exile to Yukon. The Empire had kept their civilisation by the skin of their teeth. But the Tyvenians... their entire civilization was gone, practically overnight. The Imperial Task Force had searched 4 cities so far. In every vehicle, every home, every business there were only the dead. After an initial analysis made by the Medical Teams, whatever had killed the Tyvenians was deadly solely to them. Baffled, the scientists reported the find immediately to the Imperial Capitol, where they also sent samples for study. The teams were worked ragged for days from burying the dead in proper graves, and concerns began to arise concerning Tyvenian customs; how did they handle such things?

Lord Sol ordered an access mission on all cultural, governmental, and historical data files. He also ordered the retrieval, but not the opening, of all accessible military files for storage only. If they could save nothing else, they could save the Tyvenian Culture and History. Hopefully, if they did find survivors, the Empire would hold all Tyvenian files in storage until the time came for their return. If they didn't... then the least they could do is open all non-critical files to the public for access.

The Emperor had sent out a message to Caisus, asking if they knew any more details of what had happened to their kin. A message also went to Airitania, asking to coordinate the search efforts in the hope of finding at least one survivor in this land of the dead. While he waited on their responses, he began to quietly sing an old, old song. A song of the time before the Empire, a song of death and rebirth. However, it was now a novelty of history, and it was something that was seldom heard anymore. But he sang it in honor of the dead that he knew were laying at rest throughout the country. What the Emperor didn't know was that his aide, who was putting away the transmitting equipment, had accidentally turned it on, and it was transmitting...

Hello, my friend,
How are you today?
Would you like to come
And play, and play?
Come on, my friend,
We'll have a ball!
Let's go, let's go
To the Reaper's hall.
Right here, my friend,
Let's play! Let's play!
Let's play that game
Called Life today!
All day, they played,
Enjoying their game.
So as they played,
The Reaper did watch,
Rememb'ring the days
When he played
Until the sun
Had set, had set,
And then, their game
Was over that day.
The Reaper came
And said to them,
"Let's go, let's go
To your homes, your homes."
And they did go
With him to their homes,
And as he left,
They slept, and dreamt
And on the morrow,
They played again...

(For those who are interested, it's an Imperial nursery rhyme that depicts the aftermath of their original exodus from Earth. It's one of 3 that survived up to now.)
Last edited by OES Zaphiron on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The New Zaphirite Empire

The NZE, Zaphiron, The Empire, and OES. Although that last one is the designation of a ship... meh, whatever. It can slide.

Vvarden
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vvarden » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:29 am

Fero Androzanus woke in a steel room in the bottom of the S.S.S Vvarden, tied to a chair.
There was a figure in the room.
"Tell me, where are the ruins?" It spoke in a charismatic tone.
"Who are you?" Fero told the figure.
The figure stuck his face into the light.
"Who-?"
The man scoffed. "You are the Head of Security, Terrorism Branch and yet you still can't recognise me?"
Then Fero recognised him. The shape of his face, his eyes. He looked younger without his burns.
"Ursus."
"No. Not anymore. I am Úmaril."
"Úmaril?! That knight from legend?! How dare you defile that name, you piece of Ehto Okjarr ! May Vvar himself curse you!"
Úmaril was surprised. He stroked his long charcoal hair, from his forehead to his rogue knot, a special type of ponytail used in Vvarden often by thieves, beggars and the lower class. It was made so it could not be grabbed while running. "You can speak Quulat. We're learning new things about each other every day. Now, I need to learn about those ruins charted on the Northern Outskirts."
"Mzungthfell?"
"Yes."
"No." Fero spat in Úmaril's eye.
"Bad move. I have not killed anyone in decades. I did not want to kill you, but now once you tell me, I shall have to. My ways of gaining information," Úmaril went and stoked the flames in the nearby ship issue fireplace. Then he withdrew a white hot poker from the fire. "Are often painful, so tell me now, before you become a boiled fish, tell me where it is and how to get inside!"
Fero trembled, and Úmaril held the poker closer to his face.
"Fine! The co-ordinates are on my phone! Just DON'T HURT ME!"
"Thank you." Úmaril walked out of the room, tossing the poker onto the flammable floors, much to the dismay of Fero.
He ignored the screams as the steel room became a death trap.

New Toola
Spokesperson

Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons passes away in his sleep

Postby New Toola » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:11 am

Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons passes away in his sleep

The last known picture of Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons with his wife Daphne as they first stepped foot on Yukon

New Toola - Last night, Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons passed away in his sleep at New Ithaqua Memorial Hospital. The Chief Elder was 111 years old. A state funeral is being planned for the Chief Elder. His wife is 108. The cause of death is old age.

Kenneth Simmons spent his time as Chief Elder during the final days of Enkon. Inheriting the evils of the Vane Administration, the Chief Elder was able to bring economic growth and bring New Toola to the world stage with the War on Terror. The Chief Elder was in charge during the Qatanari War and the Otundi Kogan War. He oversaw the creation of the New Toolan Senate and the Board of Mayors. He is known for giving more rights for wolfen and homosexuals in New Toola as well. Many across the nation are deeply saddened by his loss. The majority of the population regarded him as a great and open minded leader which they hadn't had since the Saxon Administration which occurred before the Vane Administration.

A state funeral is being prepared for the Chief Elder and a invitation has been sent across the world for every government as a formal invitation to his funeral.
Last edited by New Toola on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
“I believe that anyone can be successful in life, regardless of natural talent or the environment within which we live. This is not based on measuring success by human competitiveness for wealth, possessions, influence, and fame, but adhering to God’s standards of truth, justice, humility, service, compassion, forgiveness, and love.” - Jimmy Carter

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

A Princess Ill?

Postby Herargon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 am

Condoleances, Regards, So Long For The Fish

'Kenneth dead? You sure?'

'It's Kennedy Simpsons, maybe-' he jokingly began.

'Oh, come on. Shut up with those bad jokes, Fred!', the firstborn daughter of the Emperor said, and she laughed.
It was a lovely, pleasant high pure sound of joy.

'But on a more serious note, are you really planning to go to that funeral?'

'Why not,' she said rhetorically.

'Well.. uhm... funerals are sad. Too sad for me, actually' Fred exclaimed.

The sister changed her position and turned to him, now facing his second brother with an angry face.
'Yes, that exactly is why we do have to go there!'
Fred sighed, and decided that it was time to get the clothes for the funeral.
Girlfriends. They could be so changeable. First happy, then angry in less than a second.

Good, Anneth Minerva thought, as she saw him walking away, and she stood up. She closed her chamber's door and looked from the windows upon him.
'He is so beautiful and lovely', she muttered. 'But he is incredibly stupid trying to make good jokes', she said softly and shirtly, with the words hurting his love extremely much - if he heard it from outside.

Fred walked out the house, and stepped into his car to drive to the dry cleaners.
Anneth looked at him until he drove away, out sight. She then decided that she should close her windows and curtains.
When Anneth finally now had the privacy to redress herself into a chique, old-fashioned skirt that ended on her feet, she noticed an alarming feeling.
She was completely healthy and had to throw up. ''Oh, shit, shit! Run to the bathes!''

It was not that until she arrived in the bathroom she threw up. Luckily I am the only one at home there now, she thought grimly, and then she threw up another time. Uh-oh. This felt bad, very bad. The cleaners are going to be angry when they sees this mess.
Last edited by Herargon on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Toola
Spokesperson

Chief Elder Elections will begin after the funeral

Postby New Toola » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Chief Elder Elections will begin after the funeral

Elections will begin shortly after the state funeral

New Toola - With the loss of Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons, a election is said to follow. Out of respect, the election will take place after the state funeral. There are rumors of who will run and the top candidate from the Conservative and Liberal Party are the following.

Conservative
Henry Crane
Elder Henry Crane is the current head of the Department of State

Liberal
Larry Phillips
Larry Phillips is a very critical Senator in the New Toolan Senate

Yktia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Painting with Three

Postby Yktia » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:09 pm

"Chief Elder Simmons, dead? Strange. He had lived so long and never died. According to the data it was very unlikely he ever was going to. But data is not always what should be gone off of, for even facts lie in the right situation. I do regret hims death, but then again, so many have already died. What is one death to trillions?", the man in the wired-rimmed glasses mutters to himself as he paints the small miniature of a wolven. A woman in a yellow sun dress sits next to him, painting a miniature of a Caisan orb fighter.
"You know I've always loved these games", the woman says, smiling at the man, "Such simple pleasures are so rare these days. Oh shut up Melanie, you shall get your turn soon."

"How has Melanie been, Deloris?", the man asks his wife.
"Fine, as always. Chatty as all hell last night, I am sure you heard her?"
"Of course", he chuckles, "You must have been fast asleep to not have heard her drop that lamp."
"Yes, but replacing it was easy, of course. I mean, I am married to the Malkav of Yktia."
"Of course dear. I love you so much."
The woman's face suddenly contorts into a deep frown. "You are disgusting, Riihd."
Riidh places his fingers to the sides of his nose and sighs the deepest sigh.
"Hello... Melanie."
Last edited by Yktia on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents