NATION

PASSWORD

Project Warfighter: "Tier-One" RP Group, OPEN

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister
 
Posts: 2554
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Fri May 29, 2015 1:40 pm

yassss let's do it

User avatar
Greater Soviet Ukraine
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1128
Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Soviet Ukraine » Fri May 29, 2015 5:22 pm

The thing seems nice, but can you be more in-character, please? It seems like a factbook.

User avatar
North Arkana
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8751
Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby North Arkana » Fri May 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Greater Soviet Ukraine wrote:The thing seems nice, but can you be more in-character, please? It seems like a factbook.

Certainly, changes can and will be made. Though I'm waiting for a response from URA before anything major is changed yet.
"I don't know everything, just the things I know" Class N14: Tier 4, Type III, Superpower (Usually)
We Do Not Use NS Stats, Link Contains RP Stats
Progressivism 75
Socialism 56.25
Tenderness 40.625
You are an open-minded progressive; a profile associated with a journalist. You are skeptical towards religion, and have a balanced attitude towards humanity.
Your attitudes towards economics appear neither capitalist nor socialist, someone who would be described as a liberal.
You appear to be, a sensible realistic egalitarian with few strong convictions.
/人 ‿‿ 人\ Just sign on the dotted line please...

User avatar
Oblaren
Diplomat
 
Posts: 654
Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oblaren » Fri May 29, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm in.

User avatar
Democratic Chuguria
Attaché
 
Posts: 89
Founded: Feb 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Chuguria » Sat May 30, 2015 5:27 am

Several questions: Is this group's tech set in stone, and does it strive for as much realism as possible so as not to ruin the fun? :p
Zyrika/Chungkwo/Wengsi
Neither Socialist/Communist nor Nazi/Fascist, run by the Chuti regime, led by hypocrites
In case it took you too long to notice, this nation is a satirical parodystopia.
A strange fusion of the world's most oppressive regimes with Chinese, American and Indian cultural values. Insert Islam.
Our culture. Pretty friggin' amazin', isn't it?
IIwiki

User avatar
Oblaren
Diplomat
 
Posts: 654
Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oblaren » Sat May 30, 2015 6:34 am

I'll return in a week. My finals are starting.

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sat May 30, 2015 7:00 am

Democratic Chuguria wrote:Several questions: Is this group's tech set in stone, and does it strive for as much realism as possible so as not to ruin the fun? :p

Aren't you Cus? O.o

I thought I heard someone say you were Cus.

And to answer your question, meh. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. I've been going on a case-by-case basis as far as tech/realism goes, based on the people in this group. Just know that if you're planning on having mecha pilots or whatever, or Krogan or Space Marines or something, expect to not be accepted.

EDIT: To the rest of you... Glad I killed the meme/gif/pic thing quickly with Nicholas Cage. Cage always works. Not letting another one of those gif/meme/pic things happen on here. Ever.

Double fake EDIT: Ark, I'll read that right now.
Last edited by The United Remnants of America on Sat May 30, 2015 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sat May 30, 2015 7:06 am

Oblaren wrote:I'll return in a week. My finals are starting.

You're fine. A good-sized population of NS is Highschool-aged, so finals should be coming up for most of them.

And I expect that the highschoolers with finals coming in this group take a break and study and get good grades rather than post on here. Don't do what I did and throw your life away.[/fatherly voice][/hyperbole]
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Nova Sylva
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1368
Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat May 30, 2015 8:13 am

After many weeks or late nights, no fun, and a lot of studying, exams and Junior Year are finished. As such, I can now RP once again! Huzzah! Huzzah!

On another note, I'm supposed to "lead the school" next year as a senior. Though that's a different argument entirely.
Reino de Esylvaña
Founder of Septentrion

| Sylva (Septentrion) | Sardenya| Acores | Maracaibo| The Best Roleplay Ever | Let's play some Wargame! |
Aleckandor REDUX wrote: When it comes to RPing during the school year, believe me when I say I'm like a paraplegic without a wheel chair in a foot race with everybody being Usain Bolt clones.
Mozria wrote:I don't understand how he (Nova Sylva) does it. It's like he does nothing but play video games, get drunk and bang sorority girls. Where is the actual college education fitting in?

User avatar
Greater Soviet Ukraine
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1128
Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Soviet Ukraine » Sat May 30, 2015 8:27 am

URA, you forgot the menu for the grill...

User avatar
Hurtful Thoughts
Senator
 
Posts: 4961
Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat May 30, 2015 8:39 am

I wasn't allowed to put gunpowder in the garrison-troopers' MREs anymore, so I did the next best thing.
-Soon, Monfrox will explain why an 23mm autocannon for an anti-material rifle is a horrible idea.

Kept using them mostly because... unlike rockets you can Leroy-Jenkins through a bunker full of hostile mechs without fragging your own team.
-Early low-order heat-shells used to have a habit of Newtonian "equal and opposite reaction" with the rest of the shell... return to sender.

They also came handy as long-range precision instruments.
-Plus, it just would not be nearly as cool if Boomer simply fired an AT4 at a target.

After about 20-40 shells, an anti-tank rifle comes out ahead of rifle-grenades and ATGMs in weight-per-kill.
-Just to give a perspective of how seriously lopsided most of my battles were, it was often deemed more practical to lug an autocannon than a literal ton of rockets when each soldier was expected to knock out a tank-platoon in close-quarters.

500 besieged soldiers vs 5 tank divisions.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sat May 30, 2015 10:36 am, edited 13 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33253
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat May 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Where most people think "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Hurt thinks "Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't."
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

User avatar
New Emmerian Coalition
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1793
Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emmerian Coalition » Sat May 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Before we start a new Op can we finish Necropolis?

Democratic Chuguria wrote:Several questions: Is this group's tech set in stone, and does it strive for as much realism as possible so as not to ruin the fun? :p


And... realism is one of the main points of Project Warfighter. How does this make it not fun? Why is it disappointing-- [/disappointedfatherlyrant]

@Hurti

YOU PUT THE GUNPOWDER IN THE EXPEDITIONARY TROOPER'S MRES?
Last edited by New Emmerian Coalition on Sat May 30, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Location: Gone Rogue @ DZ02 Steeleport

User avatar
Hurtful Thoughts
Senator
 
Posts: 4961
Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat May 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Monfrox wrote:Where most people think "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Hurty thinks "Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't."

Who else wants beer cheese soup?!

2007 was the Godzilla Threshold of International Incidents.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sat May 30, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33253
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat May 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Where most people think "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Hurty thinks "Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't."

Who else wants beer cheese soup?!

>Southern Canada

Okay, let me just stop you right there and say that by that logic, the South is Northern Mexico.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

User avatar
Hurtful Thoughts
Senator
 
Posts: 4961
Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat May 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Monfrox wrote:

>Southern Canada

Okay, let me just stop you right there and say that by that logic, the South is Northern Mexico.

New Mexico.

Also, America had to intervene in 1916 when Mexico insisted Texas still belonged to them.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33253
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat May 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Monfrox wrote:>Southern Canada

Okay, let me just stop you right there and say that by that logic, the South is Northern Mexico.

New Mexico.

Also, America had to intervene in 1916 when Mexico insisted Texas still belonged to them.

I'm aware of those facts
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sat May 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Nova Sylva: Good job, happy to have you back!

Ukraine: fek u m8. I rek u.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Greater Soviet Ukraine
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1128
Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Soviet Ukraine » Sat May 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Image

User avatar
Organized States
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8089
Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Organized States » Sat May 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Alright, RP idea.
Operation Dawn Spear, Kazanjima, June 12th, 2023
Map
Background

The islands of Kazanjima are largely uninhabited, with the exception of the native Tseem People. The islands' sheer cliff faces and dark jungles had deterred settlement for decades. All until the 1940s were the islands uninhabited. That changed with the start of the Second World War. The islands became the site of horrific experiments upon the local Tseem people, by the Imperial Jipangunese Army's Unit 388, a weapons-development unit. The end of the war brought the end of the Japanese-Jipangunese alliance, with Imperial Japan surrendering to the Allies and the Jipangunese agreeing to an uneasy peace. They chose no alignment during the Cold War, instead effectively adding their own side, attempting to return to the Pacific to continue their conquest. However, Jipangunese Military leaders saw no further need for Unit 388 and instead focused their efforts upon nuclear weapons.

Conflicts between the Organized States of America and the Jipangunese Empire didn't end with the fall of the other Cold War power, the Soviet Union. Sometime in the Early 2000s, the dreaded Unit 388 was quietly revived with an entirely new directive, Engineer the most effective Weapons of Mass Destruction in Human History. The Unit quickly restarted their experiments on the Tseem. These operations did not go without American notice. The National Intelligence Agency gained wind of these developments on Kazanjima in 2002. However, at the time, the situation was ignored. Recent diplomatic thawing between the two nations had resulted in the lessening of tensions. The State Department, not wanting to jeopardize the warming relations, kept the accusations quiet. The situation was ignored, until November of 2022. An RQ-180 of the OSAF photographed a large Military buildup on the island, and the construction of a number of new facilities on the island. News began to leak out of the island of a new biological weapon and that the facility had stopped reporting to Imperial High Command. It was quickly determined that Brigadier General Hideki Nakamura, Unit 388's Commanding Officer, had rebelled against High Command and wished to unleash a new biological weapon, codenamed: "Burossamupesuto", against Major OS Bases in Japan and Japanese metropolitan centers.

Name of Nation: The Jipangunese Empire
Name of Unit: Unit 388
Leader/Commander: General Hideki Nakamura
Size: 3,500
Weapons/Equipment:
Type 99 Assault Rifle (Howa Type 89)
Nambo 20 (7.8mm Pistol)
Komatsu LAV
Type 97 APC
Eurocopter Dolphin
Appearance:
1
2

Leader: Chief Kapa'ia
Size: 15,500
Equipment:
Technicals
Captured Jipangunese Equipment
Bows and Arrows
Sling Stones
Appearance:
Tseem


I've constructed a culture for the Tseem (roughly based on a mixture of Micronesian cultures, primarily Chamorro). It's based upon this RP idea that didn't pick up any steam on P2TM, but that I've continued working on as a pet project. So, what do you guys think?
Last edited by Organized States on Sat May 30, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Internationalist Democrat raised in the Era of Obama, and Aviator

User avatar
Democratic Chuguria
Attaché
 
Posts: 89
Founded: Feb 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Chuguria » Sat May 30, 2015 8:00 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Democratic Chuguria wrote:Several questions: Is this group's tech set in stone, and does it strive for as much realism as possible so as not to ruin the fun? :p

Aren't you Cus? O.o

You're mistaking it for somebody; it's New Aeyariss. I'm Giga ._.
Zyrika/Chungkwo/Wengsi
Neither Socialist/Communist nor Nazi/Fascist, run by the Chuti regime, led by hypocrites
In case it took you too long to notice, this nation is a satirical parodystopia.
A strange fusion of the world's most oppressive regimes with Chinese, American and Indian cultural values. Insert Islam.
Our culture. Pretty friggin' amazin', isn't it?
IIwiki

User avatar
North Arkana
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8751
Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby North Arkana » Sat May 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Organized States wrote:
Alright, RP idea.
Operation Dawn Spear, Kazanjima, June 12th, 2023
Map
Background

The islands of Kazanjima are largely uninhabited, with the exception of the native Tseem People. The islands' sheer cliff faces and dark jungles had deterred settlement for decades. All until the 1940s were the islands uninhabited. That changed with the start of the Second World War. The islands became the site of horrific experiments upon the local Tseem people, by the Imperial Jipangunese Army's Unit 388, a weapons-development unit. The end of the war brought the end of the Japanese-Jipangunese alliance, with Imperial Japan surrendering to the Allies and the Jipangunese agreeing to an uneasy peace. They chose no alignment during the Cold War, instead effectively adding their own side, attempting to return to the Pacific to continue their conquest. However, Jipangunese Military leaders saw no further need for Unit 388 and instead focused their efforts upon nuclear weapons.

Conflicts between the Organized States of America and the Jipangunese Empire didn't end with the fall of the other Cold War power, the Soviet Union. Sometime in the Early 2000s, the dreaded Unit 388 was quietly revived with an entirely new directive, Engineer the most effective Weapons of Mass Destruction in Human History. The Unit quickly restarted their experiments on the Tseem. These operations did not go without American notice. The National Intelligence Agency gained wind of these developments on Kazanjima in 2002. However, at the time, the situation was ignored. Recent diplomatic thawing between the two nations had resulted in the lessening of tensions. The State Department, not wanting to jeopardize the warming relations, kept the accusations quiet. The situation was ignored, until November of 2022. An RQ-180 of the OSAF photographed a large Military buildup on the island, and the construction of a number of new facilities on the island. News began to leak out of the island of a new biological weapon and that the facility had stopped reporting to Imperial High Command. It was quickly determined that Brigadier General Hideki Nakamura, Unit 388's Commanding Officer, had rebelled against High Command and wished to unleash a new biological weapon, codenamed: "Burossamupesuto", against Major OS Bases in Japan and Japanese metropolitan centers.

Name of Nation: The Jipangunese Empire
Name of Unit: Unit 388
Leader/Commander: General Hideki Nakamura
Size: 3,500
Weapons/Equipment:
Type 99 Assault Rifle (Howa Type 89)
Nambo 20 (7.8mm Pistol)
Komatsu LAV
Type 97 APC
Eurocopter Dolphin
Appearance:
1
2

[spoiler=Tseem]Leader: Chief Kapa'ia
Size: 15,500
Equipment:
Technicals
Captured Jipangunese Equipment
Bows and Arrows
Sling Stones
Appearance:
Tseem


I've constructed a culture for the Tseem (roughly based on a mixture of Micronesian cultures, primarily Chamorro). It's based upon this RP idea that didn't pick up any steam on P2TM, but that I've continued working on as a pet project. So, what do you guys think?[/spoiler]



Well... I for one am glad to see other ideas for a second RP for those not in Legion, but you'll need to clear it with URA.
"I don't know everything, just the things I know" Class N14: Tier 4, Type III, Superpower (Usually)
We Do Not Use NS Stats, Link Contains RP Stats
Progressivism 75
Socialism 56.25
Tenderness 40.625
You are an open-minded progressive; a profile associated with a journalist. You are skeptical towards religion, and have a balanced attitude towards humanity.
Your attitudes towards economics appear neither capitalist nor socialist, someone who would be described as a liberal.
You appear to be, a sensible realistic egalitarian with few strong convictions.
/人 ‿‿ 人\ Just sign on the dotted line please...

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33253
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat May 30, 2015 8:58 pm

North Arkana wrote:
Organized States wrote:
Alright, RP idea.
Operation Dawn Spear, Kazanjima, June 12th, 2023
Map
Background

The islands of Kazanjima are largely uninhabited, with the exception of the native Tseem People. The islands' sheer cliff faces and dark jungles had deterred settlement for decades. All until the 1940s were the islands uninhabited. That changed with the start of the Second World War. The islands became the site of horrific experiments upon the local Tseem people, by the Imperial Jipangunese Army's Unit 388, a weapons-development unit. The end of the war brought the end of the Japanese-Jipangunese alliance, with Imperial Japan surrendering to the Allies and the Jipangunese agreeing to an uneasy peace. They chose no alignment during the Cold War, instead effectively adding their own side, attempting to return to the Pacific to continue their conquest. However, Jipangunese Military leaders saw no further need for Unit 388 and instead focused their efforts upon nuclear weapons.

Conflicts between the Organized States of America and the Jipangunese Empire didn't end with the fall of the other Cold War power, the Soviet Union. Sometime in the Early 2000s, the dreaded Unit 388 was quietly revived with an entirely new directive, Engineer the most effective Weapons of Mass Destruction in Human History. The Unit quickly restarted their experiments on the Tseem. These operations did not go without American notice. The National Intelligence Agency gained wind of these developments on Kazanjima in 2002. However, at the time, the situation was ignored. Recent diplomatic thawing between the two nations had resulted in the lessening of tensions. The State Department, not wanting to jeopardize the warming relations, kept the accusations quiet. The situation was ignored, until November of 2022. An RQ-180 of the OSAF photographed a large Military buildup on the island, and the construction of a number of new facilities on the island. News began to leak out of the island of a new biological weapon and that the facility had stopped reporting to Imperial High Command. It was quickly determined that Brigadier General Hideki Nakamura, Unit 388's Commanding Officer, had rebelled against High Command and wished to unleash a new biological weapon, codenamed: "Burossamupesuto", against Major OS Bases in Japan and Japanese metropolitan centers.

Name of Nation: The Jipangunese Empire
Name of Unit: Unit 388
Leader/Commander: General Hideki Nakamura
Size: 3,500
Weapons/Equipment:
Type 99 Assault Rifle (Howa Type 89)
Nambo 20 (7.8mm Pistol)
Komatsu LAV
Type 97 APC
Eurocopter Dolphin
Appearance:
1
2

[spoiler=Tseem]Leader: Chief Kapa'ia
Size: 15,500
Equipment:
Technicals
Captured Jipangunese Equipment
Bows and Arrows
Sling Stones
Appearance:
Tseem


I've constructed a culture for the Tseem (roughly based on a mixture of Micronesian cultures, primarily Chamorro). It's based upon this RP idea that didn't pick up any steam on P2TM, but that I've continued working on as a pet project. So, what do you guys think?[/spoiler]



Well... I for one am glad to see other ideas for a second RP for those not in Legion, but you'll need to clear it with URA.

This is also what the bar thread is for...
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sat May 30, 2015 9:20 pm

North Arkana: I like it, but I'm guessing the official OP will be fleshed out just a tad more, eh? Maybe with a in-character story starter? If you can put an Operation Name to it, I'll put it on the thread list as an under construction title.

OS: I like it. If most people like it, and it's simple enough to work with, I'll add it as another planned title.

Emmy: Your outcry has been heard. One IC at a time.

Vancon: What do you think about multiple ICs or finishing Legion first?

Everyone: We've got several ideas in the mix as well, but I'm liking the UGC that's coming out of this group.

Just remember, UGC-makers. We've come to a conclusion through evidence that there needs to be two main facets to a succesful IC.

First, there has to be as little intro/brifing as possible. While it's great for character development and whatnot, it's proven to literally kill the thread, as can be seen in Dark Sun and a couple other threads. That's why character development, if needed, can be done in the bar and grill, now. Thank God.

Second, there needs to be flexibility and ability for player-choice. As we've seen in Caesar, where the first rule was abided by, there still needed to be too much direction by the OP, and if the OP isn't that active, the thread dies quickly. So there needs to be an ability for the story to go on without the OP, as we've seen in the success of Necropolis and Legion(for now, though it's slowed). That doesn't mean the OP can't keep it the thread on the proverbial "old car ride," but it needs to be free-form enough so the thread survives if the OP goes AWOL.

Alright. Work tomorrow. Night.

EDIT: And post in Necropolis, for God's sake! Unless you're working on finals, then you're excused.
Last edited by The United Remnants of America on Sat May 30, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat May 30, 2015 9:32 pm

More ICs mean more posts that need to happen if one person is in both ICs. Sure it may be nifty to be in two stories, but it may prove difficult and I can foresee it dividing our group.

I'd finish Legion up and go with the next most popular one.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Allanea, Google [Bot], Panem and Circensis, Valkiir, Western Pacific Territories

Advertisement

Remove ads