NATION

PASSWORD

Stonewall Alliance [GLBT Rights Org|Sign-ups and Membership]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Stonewall Alliance [GLBT Rights Org|Sign-ups and Membership]

Postby Macisikan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:19 pm

OOC housekeeping note: Please keep any inflammatory, hate, or opposition comments out of this thread; this isn't the place to argue the morality of homosexuality or transgender matters either IC or OOC, nor is it a place to sabre-rattle or pick fights ICly. The original thread is located here and is now defunct. And here is SPR giving me permission to do this.

Overview

The Stonewall Alliance is an international organisation bound by a common Charter that strives to achieve equal rights for gender and sexual minority (GSM) peoples worldwide. By actively advocating GSM rights and issues, the Stonewall Alliance works towards ending discrimination against GSM citizens around the globe. The Stonewall Alliance is active in securing equal rights for those in the workplace, at local and national levels, and also in educating people about GSM issues. By seeking to improve the lives of the international GSM community, we reinforce our goal of achieving fundamental fairness and equality for all people.

Stonewall is headquartered in Rome, the capital of the Roman Kingdom, although some States-Party host other parts of the organisation.

The Charter

The Charter of the Stonewall Alliance is the treaty which all member nations (called "States Party") are required to ratify in order to join or maintain membership of the Alliance. It is available in a variety of formats here:

- Link to the Charter - Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Link to the Charter - MS Office 2007+ format (.docx)
- Link to the Charter - MS Office pre-2007 format (.doc)
- Link to the Charter - Open Document Format (.odt)
- Link to the Charter - Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Link to the Charter - XML Paper Specification format (.xps)

Membership List

The current official membership list is located here, and is updated after every round of applications is processed.

Offices and Officials

The head of the Stonewall Alliance is the Secretary-General. As well as being the titular head of the Alliance, the Secretary-General chairs the executive council and is the head of the Alliance Secretariat, its bureaucracy. The Secretary-General is assisted by a Deputy, who is their principal assistant, and who performs their functions when they are otherwise occupied. Heading the various organs of the Alliance are a number of other officials, drawn from among the citizenry of the States Party and listed below.

PositionPersonSending NationArea of Responsibility
Secretary-GeneralSir Charles SeydouxSan Pellegrino RomanaNominal head of the Alliance; chair of the Executive Council; head of the Secretariat
Deputy Secretary-GeneralBaron Dakrati T. KavisiirMacisikanAssists the Secretary-General; acts in that role when the Secretary-General is indisposed
Chief Financial OfficerLady Siobhan De'IttaronMacisikanOversight of the Alliance's financial operations; preparation of the financial assessments
Vice Secretary-General, International Cooperation Office*Sir Jonathon WaltersGenoviaHead of the International Cooperation Office and Chief Diplomat of the Alliance; represents the Alliance in international affairs; coordinates diplomatic efforts among States Party
Vice Secretary-General, Admissions and Membership OfficeSir Septimus AldraliMacisikanOversees admissions; maintains membership records
Vice Secretary-General, Public Information OfficeLittle Duke MichaellusGrittoniaHead of the Public Information Office; oversees media relations and provision of information to the public
Vice Secretary-General, Culture and Health AffairsTBAOneraconChairs the Culture and Health Council; coordinates C&H activities
Vice Secretary-General, Collective Action MattersTBAGlaswegistanChair of the Collective Action Council; oversees and coordinates Alliance military and collective defence matters
World Assembly Legal AttachéLg. Liu Ao-KhiaoPhing-PhongHead of the World Assembly Liaison Office; ensures that World Assembly resolutions do not conflict with the Charter, monitors WA resolution compliance among the States Party

*The Vice Secretary-General of the International Cooperation Office is assisted by an Under Secretary-General (TBA), from Noordeinde, and several special envoys.

Alliance Business

At present, all Alliance business is conducted in the discussion thread, although it is dormant. This thread is for general information (this post), and membership applications only. Depending on activity, other threads may be established; they'll be listed as needed.

Joining

To become a member (a State Party) a nation must accede to (i.e., ratify), at a minimum, the Core Charter without exception, omission, or reservation.

There are also five additional optional protocols, dealing with matters of finance, further legal protections, and defence affairs, that States Party can choose to ratify (or not) if they wish:
-The Optional Extended Legal Protections provides some additional safeguards for GSM people (strengthening further what the Charter requires), while the Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities extends them to polyamorous persons;
-The Financial Protocol handles raising of revenue - if you don't ratify this protocol, you don't have to pay dues to the Alliance, but you also have no say over how the money is spent; and
- The First Defence Protocol is a mutual protection pact, while the Second is a bit more aggressive in scope (be aware that action taken under the Defence Protocols is subject to oversight from the Collective Action Council).

Nations can also become observer-states, and non-government organisations are welcome to register in an observer capacity as well (fill out form 3).

If you want to include a cover letter with your application, please address it to Vice Secretary-General, Sir Septimus Aldrali, Head of the Admissions and Membership Office, Stonewall Alliance - a cover letter is optional. Messages addressed to the Federated Star Empire of Macisikan will get ignored.

Form 1: Continuing States Party
If your nation was previously on the membership list (i.e. you are a "continuing State Party" - one of the nations listed as "Provisional" in the membership list above), then please use this form (otherwise, scroll down):

Code: Select all
[size=150]Continuing State Party[/size]
[b]Full Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Official Representative:[/b]
[b]Optional Protocols Ratified--[/b]
- [b]The Optional Stonewall Financial Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The First Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities[/b]: Y/N

[box][b]Instrument of Accession By [full formal name of your nation];[/b]
WHEREAS the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance (hereinafter referred to as "the Charter") was adopted in the city of Rome on 12 September 2014 (RLI/CE);

WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §6 of the Charter states that all States Party are required to ratify, accept, or approve, or accede to, the Core Charter without exception, limitation, or reservation;

AND WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §4 and Chapter V of the Charter specifies any Continuing State Party must accede to the Charter in order to remain a member of the Stonewall Alliance;

NOW THEREFORE, [short name of your nation here], having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed hereunto the Seal of [full formal name of the State Party].

Acceded: [dd month yyyy]

[Signature by Head of State, Head of Government, or Minister of Foreign Affairs]

L.S[/box]

Form 2: Prospective States Party
If your nation was not previously on the membership list (i.e., you're new to the Alliance), please complete this form:

[size=150]Prospective State Party[/size]
[b]Full Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Optional Protocols Ratified--[/b]
- [b]The Optional Stonewall Financial Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The First Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol[/b]: Y/N
- [b]The Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities[/b]: Y/N

[box][b]Instrument of Accession By [full formal name of your nation];[/b]
WHEREAS the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance (hereinafter referred to as "the Charter") was adopted in the city of Rome on 12 September 2014 (RLI/CE);

WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §6 of the Charter states that all States Party are required to ratify, accept, or approve, or accede to, the Core Charter without exception, limitation, or reservation;

AND WHEREAS the requirements of Chapter III and Chapter V of the Charter are such that any Prospective State Party must accede to the Charter in order to join the Stonewall Alliance;

NOW THEREFORE, [short name of your sovereignty here], having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed hereunto the Seal of [full formal name of the State Party].

Acceded: [dd month yyyy]

[Signature by Head of State, Head of Government, or Minister of Foreign Affairs]

L.S[/box]

Form 3: Observers
If your nation just wishes to become an Observer-State (or if there is an NGO in your nation that wishes to register in an observer capacity), then please complete this form:

[size=150]Observer Status[/size]
[b]Full Nation Name or name of your organisation:[/b]
[b]Mission of your organisation:[/b] [enter "N/A" if a nation]
[b]Reasons for requesting observer status:[/b]

[box][b]Status of Gender/Sexual Minority Persons in your Nation[/b]
Please outline the status of GSM persons in your nation, covering legal recognition and protection, adoption and surrogacy, public service, associations and expression, health Issues, immigration, and other relevant matters[/box]
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:19 pm

[reserved for future use]

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:20 pm

[reserved for future use]

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:55 am

To: Sir Septimus Aldrali
Subject: Alliance Form
Encryption: Tier Two: Elevated
Foreign Affairs Secretary
1 Whitespire Rd, Arlathan,
Holy Empire

Greetings,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Callum Rischbieth, and I am the Foreign Affairs Secretary of the Holy Thedosian Empire, working under His Imperial Majesty to fulfill his desires and requests on an international scale. As such, I have been requested by His Imperial Majesty to negotiate with your organization in order to not only demonstrate our support and interest for your cause, but also to provide as much assistance as we can by becoming members of this prestigious alliance.

As such, you will find that at the end of this missive is attached the appropriate registration form. We hope to hear a response from you soon. If anything is out of order, please do not hesitate to contact my ministry and we shall clarify any details.

Thank you. Have a pleasant day.

Holy Thedosian Empire Diplomatic Initiative
Continuing State Party
Full Nation Name: Holy Thedosian Empire
Official Representative: Aurea Suárez
Optional Protocols Ratified--
- The Optional Stonewall Financial Protocol: Y
- The Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol: Y
- The First Optional Stonewall Defense Protocol: Y
- The Second Optional Stonewall Defense Protocol: Y
- The Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities: Y

Instrument of Accession By the Holy Thedosian Empire;

AND WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §4 and Chapter V of the Charter specifies any Continuing State Party must accede to the Charter in order to remain a member of the Stonewall Alliance;

NOW THEREFORE, the Holy Empire, having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed hereunto the Seal of the Holy Thedosian Empire.

Acceded: [28 December 2014]

L.S

Sincerely,

Callum Rischbieth
Holy Thedosian Empire
Last edited by Xanixi on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Xanixi wrote:

To: Sir Septimus Aldrali
Subject: Alliance Form
Encryption: Tier Two: Elevated
1 Whitespire Rd, Arlathan,
Holy Empire

Greetings,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Callum Rischbieth, and I am the Foreign Affairs Secretary of the Holy Thedosian Empire, working under His Imperial Majesty to fulfill his desires and requests on an international scale. As such, I have been requested by His Imperial Majesty to negotiate with your organization in order to not only demonstrate our support and interest for your cause, but also to provide as much assistance as we can by becoming members of this prestigious alliance.

As such, you will find that at the end of this missive is attached the appropriate registration form. We hope to hear a response from you soon. If anything is out of order, please do not hesitate to contact my ministry and we shall clarify any details.

Thank you. Have a pleasant day.

Holy Thedosian Empire Diplomatic Initiative
Continuing State Party
Full Nation Name: Holy Thedosian Empire
Official Representative: Aurea Suárez
- The Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol: Y
- The First Optional Stonewall Defense Protocol: Y
- The Second Optional Stonewall Defense Protocol: Y
- The Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities: Y

Instrument of Accession By the Holy Thedosian Empire;

NOW THEREFORE, the Holy Empire, having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed hereunto the Seal of the Holy Thedosian Empire.

Acceded: [28 December 2014]

(Image)
    (Image)

L.S

Sincerely,

(Image)
Callum Rischbieth
Holy Thedosian Empire

Classification: Closed
To: Callum Rischbieth, Foreign Affairs Secretary, Holy Thedosian Empire
Subject: Membership Application

To Callum Rischbieth, greetings;

I am writing in response to your notice of accession to the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance, including all optional protocols.

Having received your instrument of accession, and having deposited it with the Government of the Roman Kingdom and the Government of the Federated Star Empire of Macisikan, it is my pleasure to advise you that your nation is now registered as a State Party of the Stonewall Alliance.

On behalf of the Secretary-General, the Executive Council, and the other members, it is a pleasure to have your continued membership of the Stonewall Alliance confirmed.

Kind regards,

S. Aldrali
Sir Septimus Aldrali
Vice Secretary-General
Admissions and Membership Office
Stonewall Alliance

The current official membership list is located here, and is updated after every round of applications is processed.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:04 pm

YellowApple Department of Corporate Operations
Official Corporate Transmission

To Whom It May Concern:

Having been a member of the Stonewall Alliance previously, YellowApple, Inc.
hereby submits its application to continue said membership under the newly-
established Charter.

YellowApple, Inc. hereby submits its ratification of The Optional Stonewall
Financial Protocol without exception. Since budget information is not posted as
of yet, YellowApple, Inc.'s initial contribution will be a quantity of
N$1000000 paid once per complete orbit of Earth around Sol (00:00:00 UTC 1
January of each Greogorian calendar year), to be adjusted as necessary in order
to satisfy the requirements of the Protocol.

YellowApple, Inc. regretfully refuses to ratify The Optional Stonewall Extended
Legal Protections Protocol due to the conflicts between the Protocol's Paragraph
6(e) and YellowApple, Inc.'s various laws and policies regarding the freedoms of
speech, expression, thought, and enterprise, as well as concern regarding
Paragraph 4(a)'s potential conflicts with the aforementioned policies regarding
freedoms of speech and expression (due to potential for subjectivity in the
conditional clause "where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the
peace"). This is despite having already enacted numerous laws already effecting
the Protocol (particularly Paragraphs 3, 5(a-e), 6(a-d, f-h), 8(a-c), 9, and
10(a-d)). Should the Protocol be amended to exclude (or perhaps reduce)
Paragraph 6(e) and clarify Paragraph 4(a), YellowApple, Inc. would not hesitate
to ratify the Protocol.

YellowApple, Inc. hereby submits its ratification of The First Optional
Stonewall Defence Protocol and The Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol
(though we are admittedly unsure of what these Protocols have to do with the
removal of fences; ¿perhaps "defense" was meant?). YellowApple, Inc. - to help
facilitate such a defensive pact - hereby opens all facilities of the
YellowApple Aerospace Defense Corps and Aerospace Marine Corps for use - by
prearranged appointment except for emergency circumstances - to military forces
affiliated with the Stonewall Alliance.

YellowApple, Inc. hereby submits its ratification of The Optional Protocol for
the Protection of Romantic Minorities.

We look forward to lasting peace and prosperity among all our nations.

Sincerely,

Fostera Manzano
Administrator and Voice of YellowApple

Continuing State Party
Full Nation Name:
YellowApple, Inc.
Official Representative:
Senior Representative Roberto Espadeiro
- The Optional Stonewall Financial Protocol: Y/N
- The Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol: Y/N
- The First Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol: Y/N
- The Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol: Y/N
- The Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities: Y/N

Instrument of Accession By YellowApple, Inc.;
WHEREAS the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance (hereinafter referred to as "the
Charter") was adopted in the city of Rome on 12 September 2014 (RLI/CE);

WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §6 of the Charter states that all States Party are
required to ratify, accept, or approve, or accede to, the Core Charter without
exception, limitation, or reservation;

AND WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §4 and Chapter V of the Charter specifies any
Continuing State Party must accede to the Charter in order to remain a member of
the Stonewall Alliance;

NOW THEREFORE, YellowApple, Inc., having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully
ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and
undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed
hereunto the Seal of YellowApple, Inc..

Acceded: 28 December 2206 CE (temporally-corrected to 28 December 2014 CE)

L.S
Last edited by YellowApple on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:01 pm

OOC: YellowApple; not all of us are yanks.

IC:
YellowApple wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

Having been a member of the Stonewall Alliance previously, YellowApple, Inc.
hereby submits its application to continue said membership under the newly-
established Charter.

YellowApple, Inc. hereby submits its ratification of The Optional Stonewall
Financial Protocol without exception. Since budget information is not posted as
of yet, YellowApple, Inc.'s initial contribution will be a quantity of
N$1000000 paid once per complete orbit of Earth around Sol (00:00:00 UTC 1
January of each Greogorian calendar year), to be adjusted as necessary in order
to satisfy the requirements of the Protocol.

YellowApple, Inc. regretfully refuses to ratify The Optional Stonewall Extended
Legal Protections Protocol due to the conflicts between the Protocol's Paragraph
6(e) and YellowApple, Inc.'s various laws and policies regarding the freedoms of
speech, expression, thought, and enterprise, as well as concern regarding
Paragraph 4(a)'s potential conflicts with the aforementioned policies regarding
freedoms of speech and expression (due to potential for subjectivity in the
conditional clause "where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the
peace"). This is despite having already enacted numerous laws already effecting
the Protocol (particularly Paragraphs 3, 5(a-e), 6(a-d, f-h), 8(a-c), 9, and
10(a-d)). Should the Protocol be amended to exclude (or perhaps reduce)
Paragraph 6(e) and clarify Paragraph 4(a), YellowApple, Inc. would not hesitate
to ratify the Protocol.

YellowApple, Inc. hereby submits its ratification of The First Optional
Stonewall Defence Protocol and The Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol
(though we are admittedly unsure of what these Protocols have to do with the
removal of fences; ¿perhaps "defense" was meant?). YellowApple, Inc. - to help
facilitate such a defensive pact - hereby opens all facilities of the
YellowApple Aerospace Defense Corps and Aerospace Marine Corps for use - by
prearranged appointment except for emergency circumstances - to military forces
affiliated with the Stonewall Alliance.

YellowApple, Inc. hereby submits its ratification of The Optional Protocol for
the Protection of Romantic Minorities.

Sincerely,

Fostera Manzano

Continuing State Party
Full Nation Name:
YellowApple, Inc.
Official Representative:
Senior Representative Roberto Espadeiro
- The Optional Stonewall Financial Protocol: Y/N
- The Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol: Y/N
- The First Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol: Y/N
- The Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol: Y/N
- The Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities: Y/N

Instrument of Accession By YellowApple, Inc.;
WHEREAS the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance (hereinafter referred to as "the
Charter") was adopted in the city of Rome on 12 September 2014 (RLI/CE);

WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §6 of the Charter states that all States Party are
required to ratify, accept, or approve, or accede to, the Core Charter without
exception, limitation, or reservation;

AND WHEREAS Chapter III Part 1 §4 and Chapter V of the Charter specifies any
Continuing State Party must accede to the Charter in order to remain a member of
the Stonewall Alliance;

NOW THEREFORE, YellowApple, Inc., having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully
ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and
undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed
hereunto the Seal of YellowApple, Inc..

Acceded: 28 December 2206 CE (temporally-corrected to 28 December 2014 CE)

(Image)

L.S

To: Fostera Manzano of YellowApple Inc

To Administrator Manzano, greetings;

I am writing in response to your notice of accession to the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance, including the Optional Financial Protocol, the First Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol, the Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol, and the Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities.

Having received your instrument of accession, and having deposited it with the Government of the Roman Kingdom and the Government of the Federated Star Empire of Macisikan, it is my pleasure to advise you that your nation is now registered as a State Party of the Stonewall Alliance.

On behalf of the Secretary-General, the Executive Council, and the other members, it is a pleasure to have your continued membership of the Stonewall Alliance confirmed.

Please note that schedule of payments is currently under assessment by the Financial Office, and will be provided shortly. The nation of Glaswegistan is currently formulating the arrangements relating to the Defence I and II membership cohorts.

Your concerns relating to the Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol have been forwarded to the Deputy Secretary-General’s office.

Kind regards,

S. Aldrali
Sir Septimus Aldrali
Vice Secretary-General
Stonewall Alliance

Classification: IN-CONFIDENCE
From: Office of the Deputy Secretary-General, Stonewall Alliance
Subject: Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol Concerns

To Administrator Manzano, greetings;

I am writing in response to your statement relating to the Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol (the Protocol) which the Admissions Office has forwarded to me. I note your concerns are primarily centred on section 4 subsection (a), and section 6 subsection (e), and on some confusion relating to the English language.

Section 4(a)
It is widely understood in law that a breach of the peace occurs whenever harm is actually done or is likely to be done to a person or in their presence to their property or a reasonable person has a genuine fear of being so harmed through an assault, an affray, a riot, an unlawful assembly, or other disturbance. Of course, this is a general principle of law; individual national provisions may deviate from that understanding, and the Protocol is worded such that each ratifying nation’s individual definition of “breach of the peace” (or an analogous term) ought to be used in the first instance.

Guidance in the form of a Note has been input to the Protocol to provide this clarification.

Section 6(e)
The aim of §§6(e) is to prohibit advertising of “services aimed at changing sexual orientation”. All such services are criminalised by the Protocol under §§6(a)-(c), and therefore all agents offering those services are engaged in the commission of criminal activities. Agents offering such services and advertising the same would therefore be advertising illegal activity; if they are not placing advertising offering the same, then they are placing advertising for services and/or products, the proceeds of which will go to a criminal entity. That said, the business brought in may not be itself illegal, and it would be unreasonable to prohibit advertising for legal activities.

The Extended Legal Protections Membership has therefore agreed to an amendment of the Protocol, to specify that the prohibition on advertising is restricted to the services that are prohibited by the Protocol; it is, in effect, a ban on advertising illegal activities (specifically criminal torture).

Translation Services
We note that there may be some difficulty with the comprehension of the language used in the Charter, specifically in the Optional Defence Protocols, which is somewhat puzzling, as most nations are quite capable of comprehending the spelling forms employed by RL British English and its materially identical derivative, RL Australian English. You are correct in inferring that the term “defence” refers to what those nations who employ the dialect known as RL American English call “defense”.

Should your emissary to the Alliance require the assistance of translation services, such will be made available to them at no charge, as the Charter employs RL British English throughout, and we are concerned that there may be potential for confusion.

I hope this addresses your concerns to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

D. Kavisiir
Baron Dakrati Kavisiir
Deputy Secretary-General
Stonewall Alliance

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:56 pm

OOC: YellowApplans ain't Yanks, either; they just happen to treat limey-spellings and yank-spellings as entirely different words :)

origin: fostera.manzano@yellowapple.com.ypl
destination: dakrati.kavisiir@stonewall.org
subject: Re: Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol Concerns
encryption: post-quantum asymmetric (strong)
verification: post-quantum asymmetric (strong)

Baron Kavisiir:

Thank you for your timely response to YellowApple, Inc.'s concerns regarding
Paragraphs 4(a) and 6(e). We feel that Paragraph 4(a) has been sufficiently
clarified in your response, and YellowApple, Inc. no longer possesses any
significant reservations regarding it.

We do, however, still have some reservations regarding Paragraph 6(e), and -
with your explanations - now have reservations regarding Paragraphs 6(a-c) due
to the clarified definition of "sexual orientation manipulation". YellowApple,
Inc. is not prepared to stifle the free will of its citizens unnecessarily, even
if its citizens voluntarily desire to undergo an alteration of sexual
orientation.

For example, YellowApple, Inc. does have a small but still relevant and equal-
under-the-law population of synthetic intelligences ("androids"). These beings
possess programming which tends to be polymorphic - that is, their software can
modify itself based on environmental inputs, or more concisely, "learn". Said
polymorphism may include the willingness and ability to alter sexual orientation
within a synthetically-intelligent individual; such an exercise of free will and
self-determination would be forbidden by Paragraphs 6(a-b), and education of
that possibility would be further restricted by Paragraph 6(e). Synthetically-
intelligent beings who choose to select an alternate sexual orientation would
also be unfairly punished via Paragraph 6(d) should they desire to pursue a
career in medicine.

For YellowApple, Inc. to willingly ratify the Extended Legal Protections
Protocol, it would require some form of exemption for those who - by their own
free will and consent (i.e. uncoerced, capable of informed consent, etc.) - opt
to change their own sexual orientations.

On another note, my apologies for the confusion regarding English dialects; I
sometimes become too accustomed with my native dialect's rather peculiar (to
some at least) lexicon. A translator should not be necessary; most YellowApplan
Diplomatic Representatives (and Senior Representatives) are able to understand
alternative dialects of English, including British and its various subdialects.

Sincerely,

Fostera Manzano

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 pm

OOC: Smells like yank :P (and strictly speaking the Charter is written in, as a guy I know on Reddit put it, roofucker spelling - not limey :P )

IC:
Classification: IN-CONFIDENCE
From: Office of the Deputy Secretary-General, Stonewall Alliance
Subject: RE: Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol Concerns

To Administrator Manzano, greetings and salutations;

Upon receipt of your most recent correspondence, I have sought advice from the Solicitor-General of His Serene Majesty’s Government. As the Charter was drafted by the Office of Legislative Drafting with advice from the Solicitor-General, their input into this matter is regarded as authoritative.

The Solicitor-General has advised me that the meaning of Section 6 is centred upon sexual orientation manipulation inflicted upon biological persons by other persons – the Solicitor-General’s office notes that this view receives support within the text itself, especially references to “birth” in §§6(b) and (c) and to “genetic or epigenetic or hormonal” treatment in §§6(c). Specifically, they advise that the key component of the provision is that the treatment is being inflicted deliberately upon one person by another person, not upon a person by themselves.

As such, they advise that the scenario you outline, synthetic persons altering their own sexual orientation, does not fall within the purview of Section 6, and therefore those individuals would not fall foul of the restrictions by altering their own sexual orientation; indeed, the Solicitor-General’s advice notes that, in a polymorphic synthetic person such as you describe, such alteration of sexual orientation (whether by modification based on environmental inputs or by the choice of the person themselves), would not constitute sexual orientation manipulation, but rather a natural evolution of that person’s sexuality, and so that is entirely exempt.

I have input a note to the Charter, which will be made available on the next publication, to the effect that the aim of Section 6 is to prohibit such treatments being inflicted upon one person by another person or other persons.

The Office of Legislative Drafting has provided a simple provision that could be inserted at the beginning of any section of YellowApplan law implementing the provision of Section 6 which would exclude synthetic people from being affected by that part of the law:

“For the purposes of this [part/division/section/etc.], sexual orientation manipulation excludes all alterations made by a synthetic person to themselves or incurred by a synthetic person as a result of natural modification based on environmental inputs, but includes alterations incurred by a synthetic person without that person’s consent, including those inflicted as a result of non-consensual environmental inputs.”

(This language is a suggestion only, as the Imperial Federal Government is not familiar with your nation’s legal nomenclature.)

I declare that this correspondence may be employed by the leadership of YellowApple to certify that excluding synthetic persons from consideration under Section 6 of the Protocol, as outlined above, is correct and not in conflict with the Protocol.

If I may make a suggestion; an optional protocol specifically addressing the concerns of synthetic persons – the Optional Stonewall Synthetic Persons Protocol, perhaps – could be drafted. I would imagine that particular community has specific concerns relating to sexual orientation and gender identity that are not completely addressed under the other Protocols.

Kind Regards,

D. Kavisiir
Baron Dakrati Kavisiir
Deputy Secretary-General
Stonewall Alliance

Gervase
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gervase » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:35 pm

His Excellency
Sir Septimus Aldrali
Vice Secretary-General
Stonewall Alliance

Excellency:

I have the honor to address you in submitting the Instrument of Accession by the Commonwealth of Gervase to the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance. This communication is pursuant to our original application of 17 February 2013, accepted 19 February, by which Gervase originally became a member of the Alliance. Gervase thus submits this Instrument as a continuing State Party.

Please accept, Excellency, the continued assurance of my highest consideration.

Jack Mason
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Commonwealth of Gervase

Enclosed: Instrument of Accession

Continuing State Party
Full Nation Name: The Commonwealth of Gervase
Official Representative: Ambassador Lena Hagen
- The Optional Stonewall Extended Legal Protections Protocol: N
- The First Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol: N
- The Second Optional Stonewall Defence Protocol: N
- The Optional Protocol for the Protection of Romantic Minorities: N

Instrument of Accession by the Commonwealth of Gervase;

NOW THEREFORE, Gervase, having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed hereunto the seal of the Commonwealth of Gervase.

Acceded: 07 January 2014

Charles Journeycake
President of the Commonwealth of Gervase
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Immigration & Regional Promotion, and Minister of Justice
Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Honorable Jack Mason

His Excellency Tariq al-Jabr
Ambassador to the World Assembly

Lexonian Chernarus
Attaché

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexonian Chernarus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Gervase wrote:His Excellency
Sir Septimus Aldrali
Vice Secretary-General
Stonewall Alliance

Excellency:

I have the honor to address you in submitting the Instrument of Accession by the Commonwealth of Gervase to the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance. This communication is pursuant to our original application of 17 February 2013, accepted 19 February, by which Gervase originally became a member of the Alliance. Gervase thus submits this Instrument as a continuing State Party.

Jack Mason
Commonwealth of Gervase

Continuing State Party

NOW THEREFORE, Gervase, having considered the Charter, hereby lawfully ACCEDES to it without exception, limitation, or reservation to it, and undertakes faithfully to abide by all the provisions contained therein.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have signed this Instrument of Accession and affixed hereunto the seal of the Commonwealth of Gervase.

(Image)
Charles Journeycake

OCC:

COMMUNIST LGBT SUPPORTER?
This is an abomination.....
No, im not talking about LGBT.
Im talking about a communist LGBT.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:52 pm

OOC: Lexonian; either post your ratification or get out of this thread.

IC:
Gervase wrote:His Excellency
Sir Septimus Aldrali
Vice Secretary-General
Stonewall Alliance

Excellency:

Jack Mason
Commonwealth of Gervase

Continuing State Party

(Image)
Charles Journeycake

Copy and paste their application here.

To: Jack Mason, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Commonwealth of Gervase

To Minister Mason, greetings;

I am writing in response to your notice of accession to the Charter of the Stonewall Alliance, including the Optional Financial Protocol.

Kind regards,

S. Aldrali
Sir Septimus Aldrali
Vice Secretary-General
Stonewall Alliance

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents