NATION

PASSWORD

Rumble in the Sickle Islands (Closed, Attention Escar)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
North African Empire
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Rumble in the Sickle Islands (Closed, Attention Escar)

Postby North African Empire » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:46 pm

OOC: This is the planning thread for the upcoming role-play entitled "The Occupation of the Sickle Isles" which was a free NPC nation prior to the invasion by the United Arab Republics you may side with us and help with the occupation of the island or try and free it from North African control. You are free to declare war on the United Arab Republics, or the Sickle Island Occupational Command(SIOC) as you see fit, but majority of the conflict will be focus on this region. This is my third time at attempting this role-play since the first two failed due to inactivity, however unlike the first two this one will only be open to the region of Escar. I will allow a few outside nations to join the role-play providing that they telegram me first, before posting on the thread.

Rules for the RP:
1. You replies must be at least two to three paragraphs long no exceptions.
2. No nuclear weapons.

IC: It was just a another day for the people of Sickle Isles as they went about with their day to day affairs as children rush off to school eager to learn about their isles as well as the international world, but unknown to them a lone threat was just 30 miles offshore watching and waiting for the perfect time to strike. The Sickle Isles only had a 300 men militia to protect it from hostile invasions and takeovers which was trained on all sorts of warfare, however they would prove to be little resistance compare to the strike force which laid just off the coast. The bell for lunch finally rings at the local schoolyard as children rush to their lunchroom to receive their meals suddenly the building shakes causing everyone inside to stop what they are doing, and rush out of the building to see warplanes, and bombers flying overhead. The sight of the incoming planes cause mass panic to spread across the country as the Sickle Isles Defense Force(SIDF) prepared to launch a counterattack in order to beat back the incoming enemy air raid as the local population gather in their homes waiting for the all clear sign to come back out into the opening.

Presidential Office
Presidential Palace
Skylar, Sickle Isles

President Roman Thompson watched in shock from his office's window as the warplanes and bombers raced overhead leveling half of the capital city as they passed quietly wondering who was behind the attack on his peaceful nation as the Defense Minster walks into the room to inform the president of the latest deployments. "Sir the SIDF is preparing to launch a counterattack against the incoming enemy planes and bombers, but we are having a time discovering where they came from and why are they here attacking us" upon hearing the report about the counterattack all the president could do was nodded after all he was still in complete shock about the surprised air raid which leveled half of the cities and towns on the island archipelago. The only question that the president had in his mind was who the aircraft belong to, and why they ordered a savage attack on the once peaceful island nation

Presidential Office
Presidential Palace
Rabat, North African Empire

President Jasra Rashid sat quietly listening to her Defense Minister explain the attack on Sickle Isles wondering what kind of international heat would be focus on the United Arab Republics once the news of the raid was made public to the international community, which deeply concerned her but never the less her approval of the bombing and invasion of the Sickle Isles was popular among North Africans. Suddenly there came a knock on the door to the President's Office which caused the president to jump due to the fact, that she was no expecting any company since her husband went to bed little over an hour ago finally after a few short seconds trying to regain her composer she looked towards the door, and said "Who is it?" not long after speaking the question the prime minister's voice sounded from the other side "President Rashid the commander of our Air Force has just inform me that his planes, and bombers had success in bombing the Sickle capital city." the news made the President smile ear to ear wishing she could see the look on President Roman Thompson's face as North African planes, and bombers zoomed over head. The president was now pleased with the results in the bombing of Skylar walked quietly over to her window and stared out over the half empty streets of Rabat and wondered quietly to herself how the Sickle Defense Force(SDF) was organizing a counterattack to beat back the air assault, however they would soon get a big slap in the face when the 3rd Rifle, and infamous 143rd Armed Divisions comes a shore for the ground invasion soon the country would be under North African control and President Roman Thompson out of office.

Sickle Defense Force Beach Head
White Sands Beach
White Sands, Sickle Isles

Captain Chris Wikles looked quickly over the open shores waiting for the updates to come in from high command about the bombing of Skylar the prized capital city of the Sickle Isles, when a young corporal approached him "Sir we just received this telegram from General Benson it seems that our capital city has been heavy damaged in the surpize bombings he also informed us, that we are to hold this beach until further notice from either him or high command." upon hearing the updates the captain begin shaking his head "Damn you mean to tell me that our capital city was heavy damaged, and now we have to hold the beach until further notice?" after listening to the captain's concerns the corporal begin to nod his head "It seems so sir I just hope we will not see any trouble out here." Suddenly there was a explosion right next to the Command Bunker, which caused the captain and corporal to jump completely out of their skins as they rushed out to see what on earth was happening as they were walking out the door a older looking sergeant was coming in "Sir we are being bombard by incoming enemy shells also we just received word from high command, that a unknown naval force looms just offshore." the news sent a shiver down the captain's spine as he begin shaking his head "This day keeps getting better and better gentlemen first a surprize attack on our capital city now we have a unknown naval force sitting just off our shores well go, and inform the men to keep a sharp eye out on the approaching waters."

Bridge
URS Conscription (Flagship of the North African 66Th Rapid Deployment Fleet.)
10 miles out of White Sands Beach, Sickle Islands
Northern Escar

The Fleet Admiral was feeling very good about the upcoming battle as his ships pounded Sickle defenses on the White Sands Beach head, and decided that it was time to start the ground invasion so he turned to face the young colonel standing next to him, and begin to smile "It is time to begin the ground invasion my friend so go and prepare your forces for deployment." after receiving his orders the colonel turned, and walked towards the stairs leading back down into the Conscription. Officers and crew throughout the Conscription begin wondering about the effects of the upcoming ground invasion would be after all this was the United Arab Republics's first offensive war on it's record within the international community, after a long history of defensive wars defending friends, and allies from hostile invasions finally the order was giving by the Fleet admiral to go ahead, and begin the ground invasion of the Sickle Isles as troops ran for their respectable locations. A fleet of landing craft carefully set sail around the larger vessels, and begin their approach to the preset beach head which caused many of the troops on board feel a little nervous about weather, or not they were going to make it back to see their families still at home. Colonel Ahmed quietly sat back in his seat on board the lead landing ship, and smiled to himself no wonder why the federal government choose him to lead the invasion of the Sickle Islands after all he was one of the best officers in the North African military known for his steady nerves, and not braking under heavy enemy fire however he could not help himself, but to wonder what the federal government was planning to do with the island once it was captured by his invasion force. Suddenly the craft begin to shake a little rough, which symbolized that they were approaching the preset invasion point which caused the Colonel to stand, and walked back towards the Command area of the landing craft for a special announcement to his men and women "Attention troops this is Colonel Ahmed the overall commanding officer of this invasion force today you will be committing a great service to your homeland by invaded the hostile territory of Sickle Island. I know most if not all of you are a bit nervous about this campaign, but I can a sure you that you will not be alone on the battlefield my staff, and I will be right there with you throughout this possible long campaign not to mention you have the support of your government, and love ones back home now go forward, and make your homeland proud dismissed." Shortly after the transports departed from the main fleet the admiral order a all out assault on the Sickle defense line on the White Sand Beachhead with the intention to clear the way for the invasion force.

Sickle Defense Force Beach Line
White Sands Beach
White Sands, Sickle Islands
Northern Escar

The moon was high in the sky over the SIDF line on White Sands Beach causing many SIDF soldiers to retire for the night after a long day of preparing the trenches for a possible enemy invasion, however back in the city Captain Wikles had a impossible time trying to get to sleep he could not stop thinking about his family back home in Skylar, and wondered if they were safe, and sound at a relatives house. Suddenly the phone on the table next to his bed started to ring, which caused the Captain shake his head as he lean over to pick it up "Wikles here I hope you have a good reason for calling me at this early hour." after a brief moment of silence the voice of his second in commander sounded on the other end "Sir our defensive lines on White Sands Beach is taking incoming enemy fire this could be the beginning of the actual invasion we need you back here now." hearing the concern in his friend's voice the Captain jump up out of the bed, and quickly gathered his uniform items before rushing out the door. When he reached the beach head Captain Wikles could not believe what he was seeing before his eyes as troops ran about trying to reach their assigned areas to return fire back on the incoming enemy forces as the Captain raced towards the Command Center.

Presidential Office
Presidential Palace
Skylar, Sickle Isles
Northern Escar

President Ramon Thompson was seat at the head of the conference table listening to his War Minister, and generals argue among themselves on how to organize a better defensive line on White Sands Beach wondering to himself about, who was bold enough to attack the Islands in the first place. Suddenly there came a knock on the door to the Presidential Office causing all of the gathered military officials to turn towards it "Who is it now? We are very busy at this moment." after a few minutes of silence the Prime Minister's voice sounded from the other side "Sir our forces on the beach at White Sands is taking incoming enemy fire as we speak not to mention that one of our spotters managed to track seven incoming transport ships." upon hearing the news the President could not believe it, and finally realized that war has reached his homeland. Four hours seemed like a long time for the president as he continued to listening to his war minister's suggestions about how to deal with the incoming enemy vessels, finally he had enough of the fighting among his War Council so he decided to dismiss them until the following morning. Once the final official walked out the president got up, and walked quietly over to his office's window to look out over Skylar at the still smoking buildings, and roads hoping that the invasion force could be contained at the beachhead. Prime Minister Wallace quietly walked by the leading general in charge of the defense of White Sands, and asked him how his forces were doing in the battle and if they needed anymore supplies sent in to hold the beach. The General quietly looked at the Prime Minister for a moment then begin shaking his head "It does not look good for us Mr. Wallace after all the enemy has their fleet off the coast laying down covering fire for them. I suggest that you tell the president to send us additional armor to the beach defensive line, or we will not be able to hold it."

Command Center
Lead Transport Ship
White Sands Beach

Colonel Ahmed stood quietly in front of the view port, and walked his troops storm a shore throwing the Sickle Islands Defense Force into a complete disarray, and panic giving the advantage to the invasion force. A flare was shot up into the air, which caused the colonel to look up with concern before turning to his second in command "My friend it seems that they are trying out the origin of the invasion force. We can not allow that to happen go, and remove our national flag off the top of the transport ship." When the order was finished the Colonel turned his attention back on the ongoing battle on the beach it seemed that his forces were getting the best of the local SIDF troops assigned to defend the beach from attack. Suddenly he noticed the enemy line starting to fall apart as SIDF troops begin pulling back towards the town of White Sands there for giving up the beach to his invasion force, which caused him to smile a bit. When the beach was fully secured by his troops Colonel Ahmed stepped out of the lead transport, and quietly looked around for a moment, before stepping up to a young officer "Major I want your force to finish securing the beach, while the main force continues to move inland hopefully we can capture the capital city before to long. I have requested additional forces from the mainland as soon as they get here make sure you inform the commander to go ahead, and move inland to the south while we move further north towards the capital."

Presidential Office
Presidential Palace
Skylar, Sickle Islands

Upon hearing the report from the front lines President Thompson just sat back, and begin shaking his head, before turning to look up at his ad visor "I guess this is the end of my administration, and a independent Sickle Islands. I will not continue to sit by, and watch my people died in this pointless war so go and arrange a meeting with the enemy commander." Shortly after receiving his orders the advisor got up, and walked out the door leaving the president alone in his office to wonder about the surrender, and just who he was surrendering to since the enemy was still unknown. Meanwhile the government official assigned to meet with the enemy was on his way to the hostile camp to discuss peace terms to end the conflict. When he finally reached the White Sands Occupied Zone he noticed men, and women running around the camp with a patch of a red flag with a gold eagle along with a yellow star.

Commander's Tent
North African Beach Head Landing Zone

Colonel Ahmed stood quietly around with his officers planning the upcoming attack on the city of White Sands, when a young private approached him "Sir a delegate from the Sickle Islands is here to meet with you about peace terms to end this conflict." Upon hearing the private's message Colonel Ahmed begin to smile, and wondered why they wished to surrender before the fighting actually started to get interesting "That is good news my friend please go, and tell their delegate come in. We have a lot to talk about ladies, and gentlemen will you please excuse me for a moment I have an important meeting to attend to right now." The other officers walked out the tent, while the colonel prepared for his meeting with the Sickle delegation. He was happy that the Sickle government was surrendering peacefully, without a fight now it was the time to focus on an military occupation until a transitional government is formed. The young private shortly returned with a older looking man in his late 50s, before getting down to business the colonel stood up, and introduce himself to the delegate "Greetings my friend I am Colonel Ahmed the commander of all North African troops stationed here in the Sickle Islands. I must say that I am very happy that your government choose to surrender peacefully rather then carry out a long, and bloody war." after hearing the colonel's statement the delegate shook his head, and could not believe he was here to surrender his beloved country to this man finally he decided to speak "Thank you for accepting my government's offer Colonel Ahmed after all your surprise attack on our country did leave our senior officials scratching their heads. Since I am here now on the orders of President Thompson shall we get down to business? Because my government would like to know the official outcome of this meeting once it is over, and done." Colonel Ahmed smiled once again at the Sickle diplomat, and nodded his head before speaking "My friend of course we can begin the meeting, and once again you are making the right choice by surrendering instead of fighting." the colonel's statement did little to resolve the diplomat's nerves, but never the less he had a job to do so he laid out the government's terms for the colonel to read before speaking again "President Thompson requests to remain in the country along with his wife, and three children they own a villa out in the countryside. They promised not to make trouble for the new order as long as they were able to remain here, and that colonel is the only term the government has for your nation." Upon hearing the diplomat's term Colonel Ahmed begin to smile once again, before nodding his head in agreement "I will see to it that President Thompson, and his family remain on the islands my friend you have my word now please return to yours I have an occupation to prepare for at this time."

President's Office
Former Presidential Palace
Skylar, Sickle Islands

General Ameera Hawas flew into the capital with a group of commandos, who's job was to capture the local power plant supplying the capital city, before moving into the city itself to capture President Roman Thompson along with his staff. The plan was abandoned after word of the surrender reached her unit, which amazed her finally she was not going to have to fire her gun at another human being. She received her orders to hold the city until the main life force managed to reach the city from the secured beach head, but she could not shake the feeling that once word of the invasion spread the United Arab Republics would be facing a international outcry. General Hawas walked quietly into the former Presidential Office, and looked around wondering about President Thompson's whereabouts before sitting down behind his desk. Her second in command approached her with a smile on his face, before handing her a radio it was Colonel Ahmed on the other end "General Hawas I just received word that your unit make it into the capital city, and not to mention that you are now in overall command of all operations in the Sickle Islands. How is Skylar? I am sure you are getting a wonderful view of the damage that my planes, and bombers did to the city before the invasion begin we will be there in a couple of days." Hearing the colonel's voice for the first time in years did wonders for General Hawas, because it has been years since they served together in a foreign ground war finally the general spoke up "Colonel Ahmed it is so good to hear your voice again, and I must say your planes did some damage to the capital lets hope we can rebuild this city." Shortly after talking with the colonel on the phone General Hamas walked over to her desk, and quietly sit down to write a official diplomatic letter to the international community.

Official Diplomatic Letter from the United Arab Republics

To: The Region of Escar
Subject: The Occupation of the Sickle Islands

Greetings! Please allow me to introduce myself I am General Ameera Hawas of the United Arab Republics, and the new overall leader of the Sickle Islands a former state located in northern Escar. The government has failed to protect it's citizens, and provide them with proper care so there for at their request the North African military along with the Sickle Islands Occupation Command will be in charge of all incoming, and outgoing operations of the islands until a new government is elected. We welcome all diplomatic leaders to address their questions, and concerns to the Department of Foreign Affairs in the North African capital city Rabat. I will also be happy to address you diplomatic letters as well here in the Sickle Islands, and I would be glad to also accept ambassadors that would like to address their concerns in person.

Singed and approved by,

Amerra Hawas
General
Overall Commander of North African Forces in the Sickle Islands
The United Arab Republics of North African Empire

Jasra Rashid
President
Last edited by North African Empire on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Offical Name: The United Arab Republics of North African Empire
Official Motto: "In the glory of the UAR!."
Capital City: Rabat
Form of Government: Islamic Theocracy
Head of State: Union Commander Muhammad Nasser
Head of Government: Prime Minister Amare Mensah

North African Embassy Program (major overhaul underway.)| NAE IIwiki Page| NS Factbook (coming soon)| NAE flag| Global Powers| Prophetical Islam

Kolintha
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolintha » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:00 am

The Empire of Kolintha

Official Communique

The Empire of Kolintha does hereby proclaim it's support of the recent actions of the United Arab Republics. We believe that military intervention was a necessary action to ensure liberty and justice for the people of the Sickle Islands, who's needs have been ignored by the former government of the islands. In fact, had the UAR not intervened, we believe we too would have attempted to liberate these poor souls.

It is our hope as a nation that the Sickle Islands may once again prosper under a more responsible and caring regime, and to ensure this happens we would like to discuss the possibility of sending a small force to help the occupation go smoothly. We request that any communication between the Empire and the UAR on this matter is done discreetly, for we are aware that there are many who would see our interest in this minor crisis as a form of imperialism, and would use any information they could garner to discredit us.

Signed by:
Valhyldra I, Light of the Icefields, Empress of the Empire of Kolintha, High Queen of the 19 Provinces, Sovereign Colonial of Montorra, Princess of Izlaya, Carrier of Starlight, Autocrat of all Kolinthans, Ruler of the Wind, Protector of the State, Daughter of the Revolution, Patron of the Guard Army, Lady of Kuznyr, Holder of the Crown, Supreme Leader of the People, Rightful Mistress of the Land and Guardian of the Northern Wastes.
家国 Chisei-koku | The State of Chisei
Wiki | Member and Consul of Ordis (Come join us!) | Commonly known as Kol

Nirzatsiya - 06/26/2017
we just love hugging Kols
also hanging them during revolutions

Esc - 06/24/2017
Shady bastard Kol
Plotting, hands on his keyboard
Nowhere's truly safe.

Aki-sama | Yamatai (Toishima) - 06/26/2017
The forces of freedom shall banzai you to free market capitalism

Ming | Haradesh - 07/05/2017
Who needs standard of living when you have quantity of living

Spodystan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Spodystan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:54 pm

The Octagon
Gatorsburg,Spodystan

President Mindozer was horrified and furious as he watched NewsEscar's breaking news on the U.A.R's invasion of the Sickle Isles. The Isles had been a longtime Spodystani ally and a major trading partner with the P.R.S. Now it was under the control of a lunatic regime in the form of the U.A.R.

"I need a SITREP." Said the president

"Well," said General Grainger,
"SIDF forces have collapsed and the Sickle's are under the full control of the U.A.R. Also,Kolintha has announced its support for the U.A.R."

"Well I'm condemning it." Said the president.
"General, mobilize the entire military and the rest of the country for war, break of all relations with the U.A.R and Kolintha,and threaten them with war and invasion if the refuse to retreat from the sickle isles. Also, try to establish a coalition with other nations to threaten them and secretly arm and train any resistance movements in the isles."

"Yessir, it will be done." Said Grainger.
"Good, from here on we are on DEFCON delta." Said Mindozer.
Last edited by Spodystan on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sardian republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardian republic » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Vienna Military Command
Vienna Capital of the Republic

All four of the major military heads where discussing with president.Franklin on the U.A.R's annexation of the Sickle Isles as a television in the corner of the room was blaring on the situation.

"These Blistering Blackguards have no right to do this we should blow them out of there and run them out Escar!" General.Omar yelled while reaching for a flask

"Now hold on general maybe we could find a peaceful solution to this." said Admiral. Nelson while he pulled out a briefcase as the General spat out his whiskey "Are you mad! these tyrants will just take over another nation and the next thing you know there gonna try taking over the world." he roared as he slammed his fist on the table causing a bang.

"Calm down Gentlemen we don't need to yell let's talk like civilized gentleman" the newly appointed head of the SDF said as he lit a cigar

"I agree with the SD Commander here lets try to agree on a way to solve this crisis" Air Marshal Viktor pulled out another briefcase with the same appearance as the Admiral's "Mr. President we won't do anything without your say?" he asked the president "General. Omar get an expeditionary force of three platoons assembled and have them sent by fleet to the Isles." Said President. Franklin as the general nodded "Yes Mr. President sir" the president turned to the remaining three officials "Gentlemen I may have opened a Pandora's box we can never close."
Last edited by Sardian republic on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:59 pm

OOC: OP said I could post. Sorry for short post. Tired. Will get to air strikes soon.
Office of the President, Kamijama
Ali Golofad was tired yet he had yet another meeting. As his cabinet members filed in he said "make it quick. I'm so tired."
"Understood." Said his also tired Agriculture Minister. Abdullah Farsi the Foreign Minister spoke "well our ally the North African Empire is occupying the Sickle Islands."
"Yes I'm well aware of their incompetent administration." Said the President. "Why at this hour an important matter?" Asked the President. "Mr. President. I implore to act with your military. Liberating the ignored was one of your campaign promises. The ex-leader of this Sickle Islands was evidently corrupt and uncaring." Replied the Defense Minister.
"Yes. As Parliament approved military action?"
"6 hours and 37 minutes ago. Yes."
"Preciseness, Omar that's your talent. Well you have full permission to wreak havoc on all anti-occupation forces with the air force but that only. I repeat. That only."
"Very good, sir." Said the Ministers.
Last edited by Hatay on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Spodystan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Spodystan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Diamond island Air Force base
Gatorsburg Spodystan

The crisp morning air was shattered by the roar of jet engines as 4 Tu22M backfires prepared to take off. Their mission was to be on airborne standby in case any last attempts at a diplomatic solution failed. In that case, they were to launch anti shipping strikes on U.A.R shipping. As the 1st backfire, call sign Bolt 1, throttled up down the runway, it's pilot, captain Freddy vinswanz, was thinking about his family, what if he never saw them again, and what if war broke out. He would be responsible for the opening shots. As he reached altitude the radio crackled to life

"Attention bolt flight, this is papa smurf, here's the SITREP, you are on standby in case diplomacy fails. In that case, you are to launch standoff missiles against U.A.R shipping, no civilian strikes and no strikes against U.A.R allies, half of escar has already pleaded support or neutrality in this incident. And the last thing we need is other nations to open hostilities with us. Good luck and god bless."

The sky already appeared to bleed red as the 4 backfires throttled up towards the Sickles.

Sardian republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sardian republic » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Narosburg Naval Harbor
The smell of salt was in the air as ships assembled into formation their captains calling off while sailors ran to their stations marines and troopers checking their equipment sharing old war stories.

A captain and commander where conversing on the Sickle Isles situation "You know Captain is this really necessary assembling the entire fleet to just move a couple of platoons to the isles." he asked "Well commander where assembling the entire fleet to not only intimidate these blackguards but to also flex our naval power to the rest of Escar." The captain said before a crewmen walked up to him tapping him on the shoulder "Telegram from Military headquarters sir." The captain reached for the telegram looking it over before grabbing the ships radio contacting the rest of the fleet "Attention to all other captains we are to only act if a poltical agreement cannot be met... now start moving to those islands you lot we aren't waiting for an invitation." the fleet started moving heading towards the sickle Isles.
Last edited by Sardian republic on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:28 pm

OOC:Spodystan, I apologize if I dictated your ambassador a bit.
H.R.S. Liberty (Hatayan Republican Ship)
"Admiral, sir!" Said the Lieutenant, "a telegram from Central Command!" Admiral Rafat read the paper.
Do not launch any air strikes to protect the occupation at all until you are notified that a diplomatic solution could not be reached. Stand by until further notice.

"Good. They're trying peace. Doubt it will work. Telegram Commodore Jahad and Commodore Marasi aboard their battleships about this update. ASAP."
"Very good, sir!" The man scuttled off. The Admiral looked at the fighter planes on his fresh carrier, the first in Hatayan history, finished just a month before. The pride of Hatay. With this impenetrable escort. I would be near impossible to sink.
Kamijama, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Abdullah Farsi spun round on his chair. The door opened and his aide came in. "Who was that?" The tired and annoyed Foreign Minister spun around on his chair, rolled his eyes and said "the Spodystani ambassador. Hopeless. Those nitwits in his home country won't have any sort of peace unless we denounce the occupation. Tell the President that diplomacy is hopeless. Try maybe once more with the Sardians and if that fails the guns erupt."
Last edited by Hatay on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long live Democracy!

Sardian republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sardian republic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Republic Aircraft Carrier
The Viennain Marshal

The men of A platoon and D platoon where being briefed by Major. William of the 15th infantry company "Well where almost there to the Isles men Military High-Command has said if a diplomatic solution cannot be found we are to take the city of harper and establish a beach head in there and then we'll take Nikom with support being provided by the navy." He said as the men where checking their equipment "Sir what are we going to expect if we do have to take Harper" a trooper asked "Well trooper intelligence isn't accurate but your just going to be dealing with the occupational force unless they call for Northern African Troops to reinforce them" the major said "And this ends the briefing so get some chow from the mess and report back here in two hours" the troopers started to disperse from the briefing room tensed and anxious as the countdown started for the operation a question on their minds will this escalate into a full out war in Escar just like Greysteel or just be a skirmish

To: The Northern African Empire

My government will only ask once that you stop your occupation of the Sickle Isles and hand back full control to the former government and pay whatever reparations they may ask if failing to do this the republic will declare war on the northern African empire for this breach in international law. You have twenty four hours to come to a decision
Signed by Matthew Smithers Minster of Foreign Affairs.
Last edited by Sardian republic on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spodystan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Spodystan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:21 pm

The Octagon
Gatorsburg, Spodystan

President Mindozer was done. He could see that no form of diplomacy would work. Now he sat in his office prepared to give a speech to his fellow countrymen.

"My fellow Citizens, as you have all heard, peaceful attempts to end the
Occupation of our longtime ally the Sickle Islands by the U.A.R. If these dogs think that they can get away with this form of torture, then they got another thing coming. After consulting with the peoples council. We have concluded that war is the
Only thing that will end this nightmare, so as of 2 hours ago, a state of war now exists between the Peoples Republic of Spodystan and the U.A.R. As to those who wish to support the U.A.R. You are recommended to end alliance with them, you will not be targeted unless you interfear with our actions. For all those nations who condem the U.A.R's actions, an alliance with Spodystan would be appreciated. As of now, Spodystan's military is to launch an invasion of the Sickles in order to destroy the occupation forces. Thank you,good luck,and god bless."

As the crowds cheered wildly around the nation, the president began the long,hard job of running a warring nation.

North African Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North African Empire » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm

OOC: Since I am falling behind in the dialog to move the story along, and so I have there for decided to do a short post on the thread for the time being. I may increase the post size at a later time, but this will have to do in order to move the story along for the other nations.

IC:President's Office
Presidential Palace

The ministers gathered around a large conference table to listen to the latest update in the Sickle Islands, before turning to look at President Rashid for direction in the upcoming conflict which threating the protection of the islands. President Rashid took a long deep breath, before addressing the gathered ministers "Ladies and Gentlemen I feel that war is upon us, and the region of Escar due to the occupation of the Sickle Islands. I have already brief General Hawas to hold the islands at any cost, and allow foreign diplomats wishing to working out the problem into the country for inspections. Our country has nothing to hide from the international community, besides the people requested us to intervene on their behalf, and who are we to deny their request." Shortly after hearing the president's comment the minister turned, and looked at one another for a moment ,before nodding their heads in agreement after all North African troops was requested by the citizens of the Sickle Islands. Finally after a three hour meeting to discuss the occupation of the Sickle Islands, and it's effects on the international community the president decided to allow the ministers to return to their respected locations.

General Hawas's Office (former President's Office)
Sickle Islands Occupation Command Center (formerl Presidential Palace)
Skylar, Sickle Isles

General Hawas smiled a little as Ramon Thompson, who was the President of the Sickle Islands walk through her office door with a look of concern in his face finally he begin to address the general "General Hawas I do not approve of your government's occupation of my country, but never the less I have agreed to surrender to your forces to keep my people from dying in a mean less war. I am glad that your country, and it's government has allowed me and my family to remain in our home, however it alarms me to watch North African troops spread throughout the islands in order to maintain order." Upon hearing the former president's comment General Hawas begin shaking her head, before deciding to speak to him "Mr. Thompson while I understand your concern on this matter, and it's under taking I must follow my order from Rabat High Command to the point, or it can be my head hanging in the balance. I understand that my government has allowed your family to stay in the Sickle Island, however you must be warned that questing our motives is a one way track in getting you kicked from the country. The former president allowed General Hawas's warning to sink in, and he finally decided to let the topic die as he thanked the general for her time, before walking out the office door.

Colonel Ahmed's Office
White Sands Headquarters

The night was quiet as the citizens begin getting ready for bed after a long day's hard work, but in the streets North African troops were preparing defensive barriers around the city just in case a another conflict laid on the horizon. Colonel Ahmed was in his office staring at the maps placed in front of him by his senior officers, and begin shaking his head in their direction "Gentlemen I want those defensive barriers up now, and tell our men to go ahead and set up AA/SAM sites just in case our enemies may be planning an attack on the islands. President Rashid has high expections for our mission here, and we must not fail her or the citizens of the islands now go see to it." When the colonel was finished talking the officers turned, and begin walking back out the door to order their men to set up the weapon sites around the islands. The colonel's aid remain behind at his request, but could not help feel like his friend and mentor was deeply concerned about a possible war with other Escari nations. The room remained silent as both the colonel, and his aid remained un-talkative but deeply concern for the future of the Sickle Islands.

Prime Minister's Office
Department of Foreign Affairs

Prime Minister Amare Mensah was still up wondering around her office waiting for news to come in from the Sickle Islands, which made the two telegram operators nervous as they watched her pace back, and forth in the middle of the room. Finally the telegram machine sounded from the back, and with that sound the prime minister's eyes flashed towards the two operators as one rushed back to receive the incoming messages. The prime minister walked over towards the machine, and quietly awaited from the operator to print the message so she could read it, before turning it over to President Rashid. Finally after thirty minutes of waiting the operator turned, and looked at the prime minister for a moment before nodding his head "Ms. Mensah it seems we just received diplomatic messages from both the Empire of Kolintha, and the Sardian Republic about the occupation of the Sickle Islands. It seems Kolintha is supportive of our intervention in the Sickle Islands, and has offered to send support while the Sardian Republic has requested us to withdraw our forces from the islands." Upon hearing the news the prime minister could not believe what she was hearing it seem like one nation was offering support, while the other one requests the withdrawal of North African troops from the islands. When she was done going over the plan over, and over in her head she nodded towards the operators before walking back to her desk to write diplomatic letters back to Kolintha, and the Sardian Republic.

To: Empress Valhyldra I of Kolintha
Subject: Deployment of a small force to the Sickle Islands

Greetings! Your Majesty please allow me to introduce myself I am Prime Minister Amare Mensah of the United Arab Republics, and on the behalf of the UAR we are honored that your government supports our occupation of the Sickle Islands. It is not secret that the citizens were being ignored by their corrupt government, however as an act of good faith on our part we have allowed the former president to remain in the islands for the time. We welcome you to send a small task force to the Sickle Islands to see for yourself, and besides we have nothing to hide, and only there on the request from the citizens. If you have any future questions, or concerns please feel free to contact me here at the Department of Foreign Affairs anytime day, or night Your Highness.

Signed,

Amare Mensah
Prime Minister

To: Foreign Minister Matthew Smithers of the Sardian Republic
Subject: Your withdrawal request

Greetings! Mr. Smithers please allow me to introduce myself I am Prime Minister Amare Mensah of the United Arab Republics, and it's associated commonwealth which currently includes the Sickle Islands for the time. This is not an occupation of the islands, but a request from the citizens for protection until a new government is elected here in the Sickle Islands after former President Thompson's downfall from power. In good faith we have allowed the former president, and his family to remain in the islands at their respected residence, however if you want to threating us that could change for them. You have my word that once a new government is elected by the citizens, that we will withdraw from the islands and turn them over to the respected officials. If you have any future questions, or concerns please feel free to contact me here at the Department of Foreign Affairs anytime day, or night.

Signed,

Amare Mensah
Prime Minister

North African Embassy Program (major overhaul underway.)| NAE IIwiki Page| NS Factbook (coming soon)| NAE flag| Global Powers| Prophetical Islam

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:00 pm

H.R.S. Liberty
Admiral Rafat waited in the main communications room. The radio operator was deciphering a message from home. The operator scribbled down some words on a paper and gave it to Rafat.
Diplomatic efforts have failed. You are free to establish a no-fly zone over the Islands. Eliminate any anti-occupation air craft on sight.
Central Command

"Quite straightforward. Aggressive. Get ready for more orders." The Admiral ran over to his command room and grabbed the microphone. Across the ship his voice was heard:
"Seamen and Women, and pilots. War is upon us. The guns of it will be the only thing you hear for many days. But you are ready to defend our nation. We will defend our allies and be victorious. You are the seamen of Hatay. You are legendary. Lords of the Sea. Now prove it to the world! Ready comrades for the time has come when the guns will blaze. All pilots to their air crafts."
The pilots ran to their air craft and at further orders took off. The no fly-zone was be formed.
Long live Democracy!

Sardian republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sardian republic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 pm

To:Prime Minister Amare Mensah of the United Arab Republics
From: Foreign Minister Matthew Smithers of the Sardian Force

Sardian Republican Forces in route to the isles are going to be ten miles off the coast of Harper and will be observing the situation and will not intervene unless the civilian populace is threatened by your troops or if president.Thompson and his family are threatened by your government expect a reckoning you have never experienced if anything happens to the civilians or the presidents family and your lucky that your occupation is protected under the articles of war if any Northern African Troops are ordered to annex the isles then things will get very bloody
Signed by Matthew Smithers Minster of Foreign Affairs'

Sardian Republic Aircraft Carrier
The Vienna Marshal ten miles from the coast of Harper

"Men I have received an order from Military Command that states that we are not to attack the occupational forces unless they break the articles of war." the troopers where muttering looking at each other as the major continued "We will be observing the situation until a political agreement can be met... so incase the agreement cannot be met I suggest all of you get your equipment prepped and ready and will be called if what command fears." The men started to leave the briefing room heading to the armory to get equipped
Last edited by Sardian republic on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:18 pm

To: United Arab Republics of the North African
Subject: Occupation

Dear Madam President Jasra Rashid,
With the oncoming conflict (as we have failed diplomatically) in order for victory we must coordinate strategy. Hatay has launched a no-fly zone and we hope this works. If you if have any problems with this we will remove it at once. The Sardian Republic will not intervene unless Ex-President Thompson is harmed or the Islands annexed. We here at the Ministry of Defense want to avoid war if that is at all possible. We CAN keep this from erupting through peacefully turning the Islands into some sort of protectorate. But once more, war is a huge possibility so we must be ready.
The Board of Defense
Long live Democracy!

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:33 pm

OOC: Is this dead?
Long live Democracy!

North African Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North African Empire » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Hatay wrote:OOC: Is this dead?

No this is not dead, but rather on hold for the time I have been very busy as of late in real life.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents