NATION

PASSWORD

Nationalist Rebels Attack New Austzeland OOC THREAD

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Chazicaria wrote:You know what real godmodding is, Dragomere? Using technology that doesn't exist. As of my last post, ICly, you no longer exist in my RPs here. I'd prefer that we settle this civilly, but I will not RP with people who make up technology and then ignore the experts who show that this technology does not exist. Sorry.

SINCE IT IS MODERN TECH, IT DOES EXIST!!!

As of any more of my posts, any additional actions by you are IGNORED until you STOP Godmoding, and respond to my fleet.
Proud Member of the following Alliances:
International Space Agency
IATA
:Member of the United National Group:
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOUNDER
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:
Chazicaria wrote:You know what real godmodding is, Dragomere? Using technology that doesn't exist. As of my last post, ICly, you no longer exist in my RPs here. I'd prefer that we settle this civilly, but I will not RP with people who make up technology and then ignore the experts who show that this technology does not exist. Sorry.

SINCE IT IS MODERN TECH, IT DOES EXIST!!!

As of any more of my posts, any additional actions by you are IGNORED until you STOP Godmoding, and respond to my fleet.

You're the only person saying it's modern tech. People that are smarter than you said it isn't.

Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:
Chazicaria wrote:So, I'm currently involved in a roleplay in which a newer player is doing some highly questionable things with satellites. I've called out some of his practices, but he seems adamant that these things are possible. The questionable actions include:

Detecting cruise missiles with satellites and "locking on to them" so his AA can take them out before they reach their targets.

Doing the same as above, except with stealth fighters based on the F/A-35.

Bringing multiple satellites into an hour and stacking their "power" to triangulate these missiles and aircraft.

Detecting state of the art nuclear submarines using heat signatures.

Is any of this possible? I've been reading the articles I can find (which isn't a lot) and it would seem to me that these actions simply aren't possible with modern technology. His satellites weren't even looking at/for my fleet, as it was a surprise attack. I know that earlier in my nation's lifetime, I was called out for using satellites similarly and I realized my error. I'm just looking for more informed opinions on this.

The first 2 are a definite no. Military satellites have a pretty low resolution, to the point that even a carrier can be just about ten pixels or so on high-quality satellites, IIRC. Not sure about the last two.

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Chazicaria wrote:
Didn't think so. Any links I can show to this guy to give him proof?

just send him here. We will have a happy time telling him how everything you just described isn't really that possible. Biggest hint being satellites aren't really able to give live coverage.

Yukonastan wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:just send him here. We will have a happy time telling him how everything you just described isn't really that possible. Biggest hint being satellites aren't really able to give live coverage.

YES it's possible to spot ships with satellites. NO it's not possible with the cameras we have today to see those ships in detail.
Cruise missiles, hell no.

YES, it's possible with AWACS to do so. NO, it's not a common occurrence to shoot down a CM. They're FAST.

Depending on what you have, you're indeed increasing the resolving power by adding more scopes. Can you bring them in an hour? Possibly, depending on the orbits. Probably? NO.

AFAIK nuclear subs are thermally insulated to present a small signature. This is a definite NO.

In other words, it's iffy and not very probable. Call him PMT or god mod.

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:
YES it's possible to spot ships with satellites. NO it's not possible with the cameras we have today to see those ships in detail.

YES, it's possible with AWACS to do so. NO, it's not a common occurrence to shoot down a CM. They're FAST.

Depending on what you have, you're indeed increasing the resolving power by adding more scopes. Can you bring them in an hour? Possibly, depending on the orbits. Probably? NO.

AFAIK nuclear subs are thermally insulated to present a small signature. This is a definite NO.

You can not however use a satellite to notice aircraft or cruise missiles in flight. At least not with the ability to pass that information on fast enough to make a difference.

Brining in more satellites isn't really possible in the way he seams to be describing it. You can change orbits a little, but you can't get satellites to "show up" to look at somewhere faster, that would completely throw off their orbits. Combining them to triangulate something in the way he is describing is not possible.

Detecting subs based on IR isn't possible.

Those are the thing he talked about, none of them are possible.

Now, I'm ashamed that I've argued this much. I'm done with this subject now.

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Both of you guys stop arguing. I'm saying one last time that the technology Dragomere is using does not exist, and you both are going to cooperate together again. Don't do this again or a player or two is going to be booted.
I am a 21 year old Canadian, and am hopelessly addicted to old Mitsubishis and anime
PROS:$300 sh*tboxes that barely run
ANTI:Nice cars

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Chazicaria wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:SINCE IT IS MODERN TECH, IT DOES EXIST!!!

You're the only person saying it's modern tech. People that are smarter than you said it isn't.

Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:The first 2 are a definite no. Military satellites have a pretty low resolution, to the point that even a carrier can be just about ten pixels or so on high-quality satellites, IIRC. Not sure about the last two.

Spirit of Hope wrote:just send him here. We will have a happy time telling him how everything you just described isn't really that possible. Biggest hint being satellites aren't really able to give live coverage.

Yukonastan wrote:

Spirit of Hope wrote:You can not however use a satellite to notice aircraft or cruise missiles in flight. At least not with the ability to pass that information on fast enough to make a difference.

Brining in more satellites isn't really possible in the way he seams to be describing it. You can change orbits a little, but you can't get satellites to "show up" to look at somewhere faster, that would completely throw off their orbits. Combining them to triangulate something in the way he is describing is not possible.

Detecting subs based on IR isn't possible.

Those are the thing he talked about, none of them are possible.

It is MT, as it is all available technology.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Chazicaria wrote:You're the only person saying it's modern tech. People that are smarter than you said it isn't.

It is MT, as it is all available technology.

New Austzeland wrote:I'm saying one last time that the technology Dragomere is using does not exist

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:17 pm

New Austzeland wrote:Both of you guys stop arguing. I'm saying one last time that the technology Dragomere is using does not exist, and you both are going to cooperate together again. Don't do this again or a player or two is going to be booted.

I'm fully willing to cooperate again. As long as he listens to you about technology.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Chazicaria, you will like my most recent post.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:Chazicaria, you will like my most recent post.

We did, but your old response involved the satellites. I assumed that your most recent post in the IC was just a redo of what your old satellite posts were supposed to do, so I took my old response, added a few lines, and pasted it. It still fits.
Last edited by Chazicaria on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Chazicaria wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:Chazicaria, you will like my most recent post.

We did, but your old response involved the satellites. I assumed that your most recent post in the IC was just a redo of what your old satellite posts were supposed to do, so I took my old response, added a few lines, and pasted it. It still fits.

Not exactly, but expect my reply to be up soon.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Columbion
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Columbion » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:09 pm

We need a roster:

People who support Austzeland:

People who support the rebels:
Columbion

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Columbion wrote:We need a roster:

Columbion

Dragomerian Islands

Columbion
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Columbion wrote:We need a roster:

Columbion

"Support" is a broad term. What do you mean specifically by it? Or do you mean it broadly?

Because we technically "support" the rebels, although no military aid is being further provided to them.

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Minor problem: deciding the missiles I lost is technically godmodding. I launched 425 cruise missiles, but you decided that only 5 made it through? And they only sunk 1 ship? Which ship? They were almost exclusively pointed at your aircraft carriers/capital ships, as I mentioned. Some clarification would be nice.

Emmerian Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Emmerian Republic » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Dragomere and Chazicaria, niether of your techs actually exist, its like Advanced Warfare for both of you
The Union of the Emmerian Republic

DEFCON LVL

5 [4] 3 2 1

Active Emmerian military personnel: 10,421,707

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Emmerian Republic wrote:Dragomere and Chazicaria, niether of your techs actually exist, its like Advanced Warfare for both of you

Which of mine don't? If there's something I need to correct, let me know.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Chazicaria wrote:Minor problem: deciding the missiles I lost is technically godmodding. I launched 425 cruise missiles, but you decided that only 5 made it through? And they only sunk 1 ship? Which ship? They were almost exclusively pointed at your aircraft carriers/capital ships, as I mentioned. Some clarification would be nice.

Well, it is also GM for you do do the same, but since they were my ships, only I can declare my losses. as for the shot down missiles, it is technically GMT, but since only I can declare my losses, it presents the assumption that none others hit or they all targeted the same thing.

Also, 425? In the post, the only number presented was 50, not factoring in aircraft launched missiles.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Chazicaria wrote:Minor problem: deciding the missiles I lost is technically godmodding. I launched 425 cruise missiles, but you decided that only 5 made it through? And they only sunk 1 ship? Which ship? They were almost exclusively pointed at your aircraft carriers/capital ships, as I mentioned. Some clarification would be nice.

Well, it is also GM for you do do the same, but since they were my ships, only I can declare my losses. as for the shot down missiles, it is technically GMT, but since only I can declare my losses, it presents the assumption that none others hit or they all targeted the same thing.

Also, 425? In the post, the only number presented was 50, not factoring in aircraft launched missiles.

The missile count was, admittedly, in a much earlier post. Page 8, I believe.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Chazicaria wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:Well, it is also GM for you do do the same, but since they were my ships, only I can declare my losses. as for the shot down missiles, it is technically GMT, but since only I can declare my losses, it presents the assumption that none others hit or they all targeted the same thing.

The missile count was, admittedly, in a much earlier post. Page 8, I believe.

As requested by TG, I Will post my ORBAT here with my damages and losses tomorrow; however, for convenience, can you post yours too?
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 am

ORBAT of current forces
56,000 Troops
22 Cruisers
22 Destroyers
8 Submarines
3 Transports
10 New Transports
1 Aircraft Carrier
3 Juggernauts
300 Aircraft
1,000 Artillery
1,000 Tanks
Anti-Air Defenses (number undisclosed)
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:02 am

I am a 21 year old Canadian, and am hopelessly addicted to old Mitsubishis and anime

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:ORBAT of current forces
56,000 Troops
22 Cruisers
22 Destroyers
8 Submarines
3 Transports
10 New Transports
1 Aircraft Carrier
3 Juggernauts
300 Aircraft
1,000 Artillery
1,000 Tanks
Anti-Air Defenses (number undisclosed)

ORBAT:

2 Super Carriers
3 Support Carriers
4 Battleships
5 Cruisers
6 Destroyers
9 Frigates
4 Support Vessels
3 Submarines

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=chaz ... k/id=75849

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Can I please have a brief outline of what has all happened? In regards to the position and situation of the rebels, and also the foreign involvement?
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Well, Operation Indian Summer was initiated not long ago (the Austzelandi-lead operation to take back lost territory), and coalition forces have already made significant gains on both fronts in the war. Not much has happened in the foreign involvement. There's not much more apart from those, though.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:34 pm

New Austzeland wrote:Well, Operation Indian Summer was initiated not long ago (the Austzelandi-lead operation to take back lost territory), and coalition forces have already made significant gains on both fronts in the war. Not much has happened in the foreign involvement. There's not much more apart from those, though.

Okay.

Can you tell me more about the rebels please? What is there goal, what territory do they hold, have they committed any atrocities?
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

New Austzeland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Austzeland » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:50 pm

The rebel's main ideology is pretty much extreme nationalism. Their goal is to take over all of New Austzeland and install their new government, and the territory they currently hold is the area around Serkala and Zavodsk. And yes, they have committed atrocities. Killing off the Islamic population and forcing them to either convert or die. I haven't added this part yet, but they've been executing government sympathizers too. (that'll be mentioned in a post later on)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents