NATION

PASSWORD

Haydanian War of Succession (MT/Closed/Finished)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Haydn
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Haydanian War of Succession (MT/Closed/Finished)

Postby Haydn » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:05 pm

I haven't been on NS for a while and I've decided to have a war of succession and throw my nation into chaos. It'll be a bit like a modern GoT/SoIaF so it's going to be huge. I have a little backstory prepared, and anyone can jump in and support anyone they want. Like said before, I want absolute CHAOS (no nukes or godmodding though). So, here we go:

For your editing and planning pleasure:

Emperor Haydn XV, son of Haydn XIV and his wife, Ava Peasgood, ascended the throne in April 2014, at the age of 6. He passed away on the 2nd of July. The crown has been passed to Haydn XIV's second cousin once removed, Baurus Radden, and is about to be crowned Baurus IV. This is being disputed though. Many people in Haydn think of Baurus as a pretender, as he does not possess the typical Williams (Haydn XIV's family) features. Dark hair, fair skin and bright blue eyes. Radden possess olive skin, mouse coloured hair and green eyes, a typical Eastern Haydn feature, while House Williams hails from Central Province.

Haydn XIV had a large number of bastards, with various paramours and whores. Some have claimed the Imperial Throne; though royal bastards are forbidden to have a claim to the throne, if the accusations about Baurus are true, then they are better claimants to the throne.

Lastly, George Williams, Lord of Marshstone, third cousin once removed of Haydn XIV has also claimed the Imperial Throne. Calamitous war is coming.

Claimants and Breakaways to and from the Imperial Throne

Baurus Radden, supposed second cousin once removed of the late Emperor Haydn XIV, a man of 58. He is a strong conservative. He styles himself His Imperial Majesty, Baurus of the Houses Radden and Williams, the Fourth of His Name, Emperor of the Imperial Empire of Haydn, King of Rome, King of France, King of Denmark, Lord Protector of the Homeland and People of Haydn, Duke of the Leges and Protector of the Empire

George Williams, third cousin once removed of the late Emperor Haydn XIV, a man of 45. He wishes to retain Haydn's traditional and current ways: An autocratic imperial monarchy. He styles himself His Imperial Majesty, George of the House Williams, the First of His Name, Emperor of the Imperial Empire of Haydn, King of Rome, King of France, King of Denmark, Lord of Marshstone, Lord of Lakewood, Lord Protector of the Homeland and People of Haydn, Duke of the Leges and Protector of the Empire

Pelagius Blue, bastard of the late Emperor Haydn XIV, an adolescent of 16, inverted colours of the sigil House Williams to show bastardy. He is libertarian. He styled himself His Grace, Pelagius of the House Williams, the First of His Name, King in the South, Protector of the Land and People in Southern Haydn. Betrayed and slain by the Reaths and Radeforts at the Bloody Feast

Edmund Crend was declared King in the West by his vassals at The Bridge when summoned to Haydnberg for conviction of treason. Ambushed by forces loyal to Baurus. Imprisoned in Haydnberg and executed on the orders of Baurus. The Western houses still fight on in his name.

Ruling and Lesser Houses and Mercenary Companies who have declared loyalty for George Williams

The sigil of House Williams has always been the imperial coat of arms, as the first Williams founded the nation after all. George Williams cannot bear to see the crown that his forefathers wore on the head of pretender, and does not wish to stay on Marshstone. He had assembled 150,000 troops of the Imperial Haydanian Army garrisoned on Marshstone, along with it's supplies and veichles, but he was defeated by Baurus forces on the banks of the River Nurt.

House Henderson are the principal ruling House of Northern Haydn from their seat of Wolftown. Their sigil is a white wolf, on a turquoise field

House Trodid is a lesser house of Northern Haydn. Their seat is Chisholm. Their sigil is a white fist on a red field

House Rupton is a lesser house of Northern Haydn. Their seat is Eskin. Their sigil is an otter on a white field

The Irken Legion is full of very effective fighters, if paid well. They have around 20,000 men and were rallied when David Sink paid them to fight for George Williams.

House Crend are the principal ruling House of Western Haydn from their seat of Minsan. Their sigil is a grisly bear on a green field

House Peasgood are a lesser house of Western Haydn. Their seat is Equidistantum. Their sigil is a castle tower on an aqua field

House Desc is a lesser house of Western Haydn. Their seat is Hudda. Their sigil is an interpretation of the Western Ranges.

House Macsees is a lesser house of Western Haydn. Their seat is Pubisticus. Their sigil is an all blue budgie on a green field.

House Ashby is a lesser house of Western Haydn. Their seat is The Bridge. Their sigil is an interpretation of The Bridge.

House Mowbray are the principal ruling house of Southern Haydn* from their seat of Lakewood. Their sigil is a red lion on a gold field. They have contributed 7,000 men to Pelagius' claim, after being convinced by Steven Wood. Lord Tunston and his eldest son Dan were slain at the Bloody Feast.

*disputed

Pelagius was not a Wood, but the Woods thought of him as a better leader than the other two contenders. He was attractive, smart, and overall a nice person. Suntown, the seat of House Wood is sparsely populated but makes substantial profit off of it's lumber that is a major source of money for the Empire. Pelagius had always been loved, but did not have a good claim. He was Haydn XIV's son, but he was a bastard, the reason he was renowned so well. Pelagius Blue recently did not wish to contend for the Imperial Throne after the Battle of the River Nurt, and his army declared him King in the South. Lord Steven, Lady Messa and Lady Karina were slain along with Pelagius at the Bloody Feast.

House Radden has no seat, bar Haydnberg: a sign of power. Baurus Radden's mother was the second cousin of Haydn XIV (supposedly) who married Timothy Radden, a marriage seen on the coat of arms of Emperor Baurus, the lions of House Radden holding the shield and eagle of House Williams. They have control of most of the military, but it will take
time to gather them and use them effectively. The Raddens are not wealthy, but certainly not poor.

House Viver are the principal ruling house of Eastern Haydn from their seat of Dawnhold. Their sigil is a decorated wolf, in white oval on a red field

House Icks is a lesser house of Eastern Haydn, from their seat of Cannisrie. Their sigil is a winged red lion, on an orange field.

House Tant is a lesser house of Eastern Haydn, from their seat of Chenston. Their sigil is a blue wave on a grey field.

House Smith is one of the newer houses, but are sworn to the Vivers from their seat of Yurpor. Their sigil is a winged lion and sun on a green field.

House Hay is a lesser house of Eastern Haydn, from their seat of Quistfield. Their sigil is a pile of hay on a blue field.

House Spider is a lesser house of Eastern Haydn, from their seat of Jennapor. Their sigil is a spider on a web on a black field.

House Tustin is a lesser house of Southern Haydn, but were named the principal ruling house of Southern Haydn after they declared for Emperor Baurus. Their seat is Aireisinkin. Their sigil is two crossed swords, beneath a black crown on a gold field.

House Radefort is a lesser house of Eastern Haydn, though they rule from the region's oldest castle: the Radefort. Their sigil is a red interpretation of the Radefort with hooded faces above and below it. The Radeforts were pardoned for their huge part in the Bloody Feast.

House Reath is a lesser house of Southern Haydn. Their seat is Karakloss. Their sigil is a blue deer on cream and blue fields. They have contributed 2,000 men to Pelagius' claim after being rallied to their lords' side. Lord Cameron Reath betrayed and personally killed Pelagius at the Bloody Feast.

Extinct Houses

House Frun is a lesser house of Southern Haydn. Their seat is Frun. The sigil of House Frun is a silver silhouette on a green field, to signify their renowned well trained scouts. The last of the Frun family were slain at the Bloody Feast.

Locations

Last edited by Haydn on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:33 am, edited 60 times in total.
Allandium wrote:Another war then Haydn? I'll help you every step of the way.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Baurus was shaking. He was in the lounge on the second floor in the Palace of the Emperor, gazing at the people protesting for, well, his head basically. I am Haydn's rightful heir he thought to himself, lifting his right hand into his trouser pocket. I am the one true Emperor. He couldn't watch his people calling for him to face his people, but he knew he had to. How can an autocratic monarch rule over billions, in the homeland and colonies, who want him dead? Baurus went to the table, pouring himself a cup of tea, adding milk, then a sugar then: he remembered. George. George Williams. Guilty of treason, being jealous and claiming the throne. He thinks he's the heir because he has Haydn's surname. Not my fault my mother married. He had to get rid, being a kinslayer or not, he had to, if he was to secure his throne. It was then he began walking, then running, to the military room area in the Palace. Baurus walked in to see 4 men, dressed in full decorated uniforms, looking sharp enough to make the Emperor almost forget what he was going to say. 'Your Imperial Majesty' the generals said, simutaneously. 'Prepare the HCO, they're bound for Marshstone.'
Last edited by Haydn on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:41 am

George Williams stood on the windswept balcony outside his chambers. When first he came to Marshstone, the swamps, and endless bogs had made him uneasy, but as the years passed he had grown used to them. The marsh grass stood and stared at the sky with foreboding. And yet... old as he was, George had never seen an army half so big, nor yet that many veichles. He wondered if Haydn XIV had ever commanded its like. These forces had been garrisoned here so much longer than he had stayed, and would still be here long after he was gone. He leaned against the balcony, the filthy water splashing beneath him, the black stone rough beneath his fingers. I am an old done man, grown giddy as a child again. Had a lifetime’s hard-won wisdom fled him along with his health and strength? He was the Emperor, Haydn XVI, of the House Williams' rightful heir. What had he come to, when superstition filled his head as if he were an ignorant fieldhand?

He constantly had his personal Praetorian-like guards; not dressed like the Roman ones of course. They were standing either side of him, cloaks with the eagle of House Williams stitched on, with ACRs at the ready. George knew the pretenders would send assassins which is why Marshstone was filled with so many men. Feeling light headed and tired he turned towards his bed, his Praetorians turning with him, and went to sleep. The next morning, 3 more men were in his chambers. 'Your Imperial Majesty' one of them said, in a tone which didn't clearly show any kind of emotion. 'We've took out a HCO team.'

Actria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Actria » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:55 am

OOC: I'm rather interested in participating in this. My angle is probably going to be to support Lord Williams- covertly at first, then more openly. For starters, Actria will help him make a landing in Haydn proper.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:57 am

Actria wrote:OOC: I'm rather interested in participating in this. My angle is probably going to be to support Lord Williams- covertly at first, then more openly. For starters, Actria will help him make a landing in Haydn proper.

Okay, that's fine

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am

Very interesting idea. I'd likelly support Lord Williams. I don't know how yet. If openly or not or how directly.
My options are: Funding, logistical support, provide trainning, PMC or directly.

Which are claimants believes and polical ideas? And which support the have beyond the families.
Last edited by Republica Federal de Catalunya on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Actria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Actria » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 am

Republica Federal de Catalunya wrote:Very interesting idea. I'd likelly support Lord Williams. I don't not how openly yet or how directly. Funding, logistical support, provide trainning, PMC or directly.

Which are claimants believes and polical ideas? And which support the have beyond the families.

OOC: Yeah, I'd like to know which ideas each candidate favors, as well as which one has more money. Displacement and composition of forces would rock too. Are the battle lines drawn yet? Does each claimant have his men assembled?
Last edited by Actria on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 am

Republica Federal de Catalunya wrote:Very interesting idea. I'd likelly support Lord Williams. I don't know how yet. If openly or not or how directly.
My options are: Funding, logistical support, provide trainning, PMC or directly.

Actria wrote:OOC: Yeah, I'd like to know which ideas each candidate favors, as well as which one has more money. Displacement and composition of forces would rock too. Are the battle lines drawn yet? Does each claimant have his men assembled?

I am (it is probably done by now) posting political ideologies of the claimants, military numbers and support on the first post now. Thank you for displaying interest.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:38 pm

In Suntown

The sun rose over the horizon with the animals of Southern Haydn making their calls to kin in the background. Karina Wood got up and into her shower, and later dressed. Going to the door on her left, she remembered to pick up a brush, brush her hair and look her best. She was 17, and meeting Emperor Pelagius for the first time after all. Her father supports him, and 'will all of Haydn and the Empire soon' her father told her. She walked down the stairs to see two armed guards and double doors. As she touched the door knob the guards lowered their heads saying 'mi'lady'. Her father was standing, Lord Wood, in his wood camouflaged battlearmour, waiting for her. 'Sweetheart' he said, 'you're going to like this'.

'What is it, dad?' she asked.

'You're betrothed to Emperor Pelagius.'

In Haydnberg

'No word from the HCO squad?' Baurus asked, his head in his hands.

'No, Your Imperial Majesty.' replied one of his generals, in a tone of grief.

'Leave me.' the Emperor shouted, and the generals turned to leave. 'Not you Johnson.'

'Your Imperial Majesty?' The other three generals had left the room.

'Any word on the bastard? Or the Woods? Those traitorous whores...'

'Yes actually, Your Imperial Majesty. A wedding.'

'A wedding? Who's he marrying?'

'Lord Steven Wood's daughter, Karina.'

Baurus sighed.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:29 pm

'Do you trust him?' George asked David Sink.

'I've known him for 14 years. He never breaks a promise and he's kept the sea trade routes of the Empire safe for 30 years. ...And once he gets the smell of money he never stops until he finds it.'

'Well, when we take Haydnberg he'll have his share.' It was Vinnie Quince they were talking about. Quince is a major leader in the Imperial Haydanian Navy, sinking pirates and mercenaries when they threaten the Empire's trade. Now Quince had to take the Emperor's city; bit of an odd change for him.

'When do we set off?' David asked the Emperor.

'As soon as I've consolidated my troops and ships. Baurus, the bloody fool, tried to kill me with the Coverts. Pfft. We'll see what he does when he 900 ships and 150,000 men sailing up the Nurt, smelling his troops blood. Oh, David, have you heard about Lord Wood and the bastard?

'Well, he's decla...'

'No, not that. Lord Wood is marrying his daughter to the bastard. We better be well rid of them, especially if they conceive a child. I will not suffer such abominations in my country. This is not Germany.'
Last edited by Haydn on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Steven Wood finished writing his letter, put in an envelope, closed with House Wood's seal and sent it to Lakewood, the seat of his liege lord, Lord Tunston Mowbray. It was requesting support for the true Emperor, Pelagius Blue. The next day, after planning the 'royal' wedding, which is scheduled for the day after, Wood recieved a reply. He had rallied his liege's house, House Mowbray, and most Southern Haydn. He felt proud.

Imperium Nova
Minister

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Nova » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:14 pm

The Imperial Headquarters Direction Roomwere an amazing place. And rightfully so, with almost a fifth of the national GDP being spent on the military, it was an enormous machine employing millions. Several generals and admirals stood around the room, accompanied by lower officers and their respective adjutants. This was the most secure place in all of Imperium Nova, and one of the most expensive as well. Placed 2 kilometers under ground in a massive system under the Imperial Capital, it was a behemoth with a total of 15 000 people employed to work, and room for many more come war.

A fail-proof elevator rapid elevator system connected it to the surface level, as well as a railroad leading out to a backup base and a massive staircase leading up to the surface in case of emergency.

The high-ranking officers were not aware of the Emperors visit on this day, the Emperor having recently been declared a living Saint by the Imperial Church of God, adding to his title of His Imperial & Apostolic Majesty Sarek I, By the Grace of God, Emperor & Autocrat of Imperium Nova, Lord Sovereign of the Imperial Church of God and Eternal Saint.

As the Emperor entered the room, everyone turned to face him before clicking their heels together and performing the Imperial Salute.
"Hail Emperor" they then said in unison as the Emperor, clad in his Grand Admirals uniform stepped into the room.

"Gentlemen, officers." the Emperor said as they then returned to their more casual positions.
"It has come to my attention that there is a budding succession crisis in Haydn, with the death of two Emperors so suddenly there seems to be a plethora of candidates for the Throne."

The gathered officers looked at each other, awaiting for the Emperor to continue.
"It is my belief, and hope, that this will develop into a civil war for the Throne. And if such shall come, we shall be ready to intervene in any way necessary. Which is why I ask you all to put the nation into MB3, ready the forces for war and prepare for any eventual raising of the conscripted. Also, do send some warships that are near Haydn closer to it, prepare for any eventuality."

"That would be the carrier HMS Valour and its accompanying fleet, along with the battleship HMS Conquest, Your Majesty." The Supreme Commander, Fredrik Augustcranz replied.
"Good." The Emperor replied "Make it so. By God, Emperor and Nation."
"By God, Emperor and Nation!" the Officers replied back in unison and then saluting as the Emperor left the room.

Actria
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Actria » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Anemoi, Actria
Chancellory Building

"And one more bit of news that may be of interest, Your Excellency- the Empire of Haydn is having a succession crisis. The current Emperor is some kind of distant cousin. He's been hostile to any advances concerning diplomatic relations- the man is quite the diehard conservative, by the looks of things. He won't play our game with our rules, basically. One of the claimants is a mere child- he's got little support, and he's not an attractive choice. If we're going to support anyone, it would likely be Lord Williams. He's a military man, and I think if we were to support him, he'd be willing to set up more of a constitutional or federal monarchy- the sort of thing that looks good for us, and secures the nation a new trading partner."

"Interesting. We have our eye on them for... their timber, if I recall?" responded the Chancellor, stroking his salt-and-pepper mustache. He mused over the idea for a short while. "All right, I'll have the Vice-Chancellor send a letter to this Lord Williams, and deal with the situation personally. I've got more pressing matters to attend to."

TO: Lord George Williams of Marshstone, of the Empire of Haydn
FROM: Vice-Chancellor Ziakos Greven of the Democratic States of Actria
ENCRYPTION: Good

Lord Marshstone,

It has come to my attention that you have been denied your rightful claim to the throne of Haydn. We in the Democratic States are prepared to support your rightful claim with materiel aid, in order that Haydn might be returned to stability. If you happen to require some manner of military materiel, training, or other aid, we will be happy to provide it. In return, we ask you to open trade relations with the Democratic 'States, and consider implementing a constitution or some sort of similar Bill of Rights. I certainly hope you will avail yourself of our aid, as we believe you will be the best choice for Haydn.

Most Sincerely,

Vice-Chancellor Ziakos Greven

Last edited by Actria on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:05 am

This an emergency meeting of the foreign affairs comission you seven are here as representatives of the main parlamentary parties. As supposed you hree already know Foreign Affairs Minister: Mr Eugeni Xammar. Me I'am Joan Masdeu. Since three days ago I was Ambassador in Haydn, since new authorities closed our Embassy (and all our elements there as the military and inteligence agregates) and Acció: economical investent agency.

Emperor Haydn XV, passed away on july the 2nd, at the age of 6, probably by Baurus IV. Current emperor and distant cousin of the passed away Emperor.
The current Emperor is an issolationist so He defends autocracy, economic autarch, so that means cutting ties with foreign world. That's bad for our multinationals that have been nationalised without any kind of indemnitzation or legal defense.
Luckyly for us He has many enemies, an internal situation is unstable, He only has supports in the capital from some noble families. The more importants are one Haydn XIV's illigimate sons. He's got little support, and he's although attractive choice, being prodemocratic, and defending. He only has Wood's and mowbray's family supports in the south, Lord Wood seems to be the man behind him and has a very bad impresion of us. Then there is Lord Williams. Cousin of Haydn XIV, He's a professional military man, with extensive expirience in millitary affair but little in politics. He befriended or military agregate, Colonel Gerard Escofet.
Gerard Escofet is still coming with many other expatriates in a Haydnian Airways Flight. He, considers him strongly patriotic, He believes in authocratic goverment, but would accept in order to gain the throne, would be willing to set up more of a sort of constitutional monarchy lite, He would favour separation of powers. And He belives in that Haydn should close to the foreign world and primacy of law. He would be our man and has many supporters among the army, mostly among young officers, and middle classes, but little among the noble families that run haydn. And He controls only Marshtone island and is cut from the continent.

Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:37 am

Send this message. To the claimants. First to George Williams.

TO: Lord George Williams of Marshstone, of the Empire of Haydn
ENCRYPTED.

Lord Marshstone,

It has come to our attention that you have been denied your rightful claim to the throne of Haydn. We the Federal Republic of Catalonia would accept to support your rightful claim in exchange for returning to Haydn's XIV politics implementing the Carta Magna and open again Haydn to foreign trade and denationalize foreign Catalan/ACSN Bussiness in Haydn. We wish that Haydn might be returned to stability. In a exchange of that, If we can deliver the material to be delivered to Haydn, before an international embargo could made effect: 4 Landing Ships of Mestral Class and 800 Ns$ blocked from Haydinian order for further 2 ships, pending domission and 6 A400M heavy cargo aircraft. We consider you the more apt candidate to the Throne. But to defeat Baurus IV you'll need funds, spares, medical supplies and ammunition We could provide.

Most Sincerely,

Alfons López Serra secretary of state for pacific affairs.

And then to Pelagyus Blue

TO: Lord Pelagius Blue, of the Empire of Haydn
ENCRYPTED.

Lord Blue,

It has come our attention that you have made your rightful claim to the throne of Haydn. We congratulate you for your recent marriage. We the Federal Republic of Catalonia have extensive interests in Haydn. Which have been perjudiced by Baurus IV acts. We are known you have raised an army which is dwarfed by Baurus IV one. We can provide with cash to maintain it operative and covertly send you paramilitary trainers, ammunitions, medical supplies and materiel 200 NS$ worth.
In exchange, We would appreciate a return to your father's, Haydn XIV, politics implementing the Carta Magna and open again Haydn to foreign trade and denationalize foreign Catalan/ACSN Bussiness in Haydn.

Most Sincerely,

You should understand that we will deny having sent you that message.
Alfons López Serra secretary of state for pacific affairs.

Britannian Electorate
Secretary

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannian Electorate » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:41 am

To:Pelagius Blue

We can see that you have a claim to the throne.A true ruler would not let a succession war happen! We will provide any services to you.Also,if you take the throne and later get deposed we will be here to help you out.
Last edited by Britannian Electorate on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Sitting near a long banquet table in the grand castle that was Marshstone, George Williams was staring at a map of Haydn. Squinting, he was wondering how long it would take to get to Haydnberg. He was interrupted though, by a man holding what looked like a communique who said 'Your Imperial Majesty'. Without looking at him, as he had his back to the man he asked what it was.

'A message. Several in fact.' he replied. Lifting his hand behind him George received the letter and began to read them.

'One from Actria...and one from Republica Federal de Catalunya,' George said to himself. He read them, studied them, pondered for about an hour over each one and eventually called for an audience with every advisor and general on Marshstone. It took about 30 minutes for everyone to arrive, but they were. They all had a simultaneous bow and sat down.

'It seems we have diplomatic options', the emperor said, 'and we have 2 options'. The generals and advisors passed them around and the letters went back to George. One of the generals spoke up.

'Your Imperial Majesty, you are the rightful emperor, the Imperial Throne that Haydn I sat on is yours, by right. To sit on the Imperial Throne is to have the traditions, perks and powers that an emperor needs to run an empire so colossal.' Then an argument broke out, before David Sink managed to shush everyone.

'Your Imperial Majesty, the Raddens are the true enemy. If they time being you could make peace with Lord Blue?'

'I won't make peace with Pelagius while he calls himself emperor.'

'But many have declared for him. Tunston Mowbray, Steven Wood...'

'These nations', George began saying, 'they want to strip Haydn of her ways for governance that have held a vast empire together for 2,000 years? Pfft. Those nations, Pelagius, Baurus Radden: They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them.'

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 pm

In Southern Haydn

Southern Haydn had rallied to his side, but House Frun and House Tustin. Pelagius didn't care, he had a wife who he loved and she loved him, a force of 15,000 men and two lords, one experienced in war the other in economics, how could Baurus keep the throne? He was to march on Central Province, burning the farms and the villages, attacking where his men are weakest before disappearing again.

In Haydnberg
Sitting on the Imperial Throne with his head rest on his fist, Baurus did not know how he could get the 500,000 men back home in time before the two traitors and their rallied lords sack Haydnberg, and have his head on a spike. 'Your Imperial Majesty!' a voice shouted. The voice shouted the same words again before an exhausted man appeared at the end of the room.

''The lords of Eastern Haydn have rallied to your side...*pant* *pant*'
Last edited by Haydn on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:43 am

The bells sound for third time. Is a beautiful but hot morning in Palma suburbs. The two men and the woman stand in front of the door of the huge house. A strong built 45 year old bald man with sideburns and t-shirt opens. he has a concealed pistol in his pants back.
-Jep, we're here for bussiness. One of the man tolds him while passing him a identification. Can We pass and sit We already know each other de you remember Sibona?
The man, grunts. - I remember Sibona, blood and Diamonds, I also remember you Xavi.
Come in and sit on the sofa. - Boy had a party yesterday, sorry the mess. It's funny because I clean your messes.
-He shouts. - Take out the Whores!! and clean that!
To the group of people: - Which are your little or large Dirty secrets now.
- Anyway, you are addicted to tham and to Adrenalin Jep. Replies Xavi. - Is a 6 month contract, for trainning services and your company personal seal.
- As Untaroich and Kish. Replies the man.
- How many people have in your company? - 1000-1500 and their wages? - High, but cheaper than DIY. - Did you include your land and air division? - 500 more then. And even more cash.
- You Live well Jep. - I spend almost all my money in bitches, cars and the best boozes, you should work for me, your services sheet is to be proud of it.
-Jep, I will help you to catch up. then give me an answer...
- Then you¡ll forget me. - I'd Jep but for livestyle needs me. PS; We won't be your employeers.
Last edited by Republica Federal de Catalunya on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 am

The red lion, 3 trees and the blue deer banners were fluttering everywhere in the camp and Pelagius thought that it was like medieval times. Suntown, Lakewood and Karakloss were left behind with very poor garrisons, and to add to that worry: the Eastern Houses have declared for the pretender Baurus. Eastern Haydn was the most prosperous of the 5 provinces and seeing that all of it's economic and military strength going into the hands of a clueless aspirant put the South under more of a threat. Emperor Pelagius couldn't stay in the South to try to protect it from Eastern armies as he only had 15,000 troops, they would be crushed within a day. Attacking Haydnberg had almost the same effect, they would be crushed, as the Eastern largesse to Baurus had the capital well defended. He could only raid, and raid he did.

The south-west of Central Province was the first target. Pelagius' forces burned and looted, gaining more money and food. Mercenary companies were an option for reinforcements, but did Pelagius want to be known as the person who bought the throne? He thought not. Especially when he learned of his wife's pregnancy, with his son, his prince.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:47 am

The ship sailed at a steady pace, with George admiring the structure of the ship. He was sailing for Lakewood, seat of House Mowbray, whom had declared for the usurper Pelagius Blue. The Easterners had declared for Baurus, which now gave Baurus the numerical advantage. The 2 pretenders had no military experience, while George had been one of Haydn XIV's military advisors. Western Haydn and Northern Haydn had remained neutral, which made George uneasy. The many houses and military in the West was needed, and the North was of strategic need of all sides. However, the South was soon to fall into George's clutches when he landed on the beachhead, and left Marshstone behind at last.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:43 pm

When George's men arrived at the walls of Lakewood, there seemed to be no one in at all. The Emperor gave the command and one of the engineers place C4 on the main gates. After a few seconds, the gates exploded wide open for the men. 50 went in, their H-ACRs peeking around corners. The soldier at the front of the 50 was downed by a shot in the back of the head. All of them turned simutaneously and shot the guard, who was armed with an M4, with ease. Then 100 men wearing Mowbray uniforms appeared from makeshift cover which George's soldiers didn't notice. The Mowbrays dispatched all 50 of them while the Williams men panicked and couldn't get a shot off. But their joy didn't last long, as George ordered 1,000 men to go in there and sort the Mowbray men out. They did that with ease. Lakewood was his.

Now he held the ruling seat of the South, George sent messages to the other houses of Southern Haydn that didn't rally to Pelagius' side: House Frun and House Tustin. They had 16,000 men between them, and they had a great strategic location, so they will be a stepping stone to Haydnberg.
Last edited by Haydn on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haydn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haydn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:00 pm

The farms weren't defended well, only the workers were fighting back. Pelagius, Lord Steven and Lord Tunston knew that, and they didn't like it. Pelagius was proving himself though, both as a commander and emperor. He was kind to his subjects, his wife and in-laws and managed his party very well. But as their convoy was moving to the next target, a message got to the Emperor. He walked out of his personal vehicle flanked by his guards and walked towards Lord Tunston Mowbray's household guards. The Emperor handed Tunston the message. After reading it, they exchanged words.

'This can't be true.'

'We've had telegrams from Suntown. Karakloss and Frun. I'm afraid it is true.'

'The rest of my family...' Pelagius interrupted him. 'We've heard nothing of them. But the garrison is dead.'

'I must return South at once.' Tunston got out of his vehicle.

'I need you here, my Lord.'

'How can I call myself Lord of Southern Haydn when I can't even defend?! How can rule over people if i ca...!'

'You are a Lord! Which means you don't have to do everything yourself! House Frun has been co-operative but have not formally declared for me and they haven't given us any men. Let me send word to Lord Frun. He can rally a few thousand men and see what's happening at Lakewood by tomorrow. We are picking Baurus' scab. If we stop picking he won't bleed.'

The Northern Collective
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Collective » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm

OOC: If this is not appropriate, let me know and I will cut it and try again.

Code: Select all
[u]A.S.N.C. Department of Communications Transcript 18-JULY-2014[/u]
To: The Haydaynian Imperial Embassy, The Local Offices of George Williams, The Principality Offices of Pelagius Blue
CC: The Haydaynian Imperial News Network

Subject of Message: Peacekeeping

As I am sure many of you may know, the Allied States of the Northern Collective is a nation that has been around for quite some time now. In the past, we have simply been content to let the world carry on around us as we consolidate our military, scientific, and engineering technologies and in general focus on our internal needs. Recently however, we have found that the people of our great nation can no longer tolerate the wars that seem to ravage our world of Nationstates. We have thus decided that it is now time for us to break out of our shell and begin using our massive, yet admittedly inexperienced, military to enforce the peace that we have enjoyed for so long. To do otherwise would be selfish and would most likely result in the world as we know it burn around us.

So, people of Haydaynian, we have chosen your nation as the first to receive our support. Your leaders wage war amongst themselves and will no doubt, in the days ahead, cause significant damage to homes and inflict loss of life on many innocents. At present, a large force of naval, air, and ground forces are on there way to your island nation. We ask only that you allow us into your lives to prevent this war from reaching fevered heights. We will under no circumstances harm you, we will in fact be doing our absolute best to restore as much normalcy to your lives as possible while we attempt to put down this war and see a government of your popular choosing installed. We ask again, please do not fight us, we wish only peace on your wonderful nation.

-> Governor-General Malcolm Doyle,
Allied States of the Northern Collective

Off the Coast of West Haydan
Admiral Zenislev, cousin of General Zenislev the Chief of Staff of the A.S.N.C. military, stood on the bridge of the brand-new Mobile Sea Fortress THOR. Mag-Glasses in hand, he scanned the sea in the direction of the coast, looking for any signs of aircraft or naval vessels on the horizon. It was a truly pointless act, as the advanced radar and sonar of the Sea Fortress had a range far greater than the human eye, but it still brought comfort to the Admiral. As he dropped the Glasses from his eyes, he scanned the fleet arranged around his behemoth of a ship. It must have been the single largest armada in the history of mankind, he thought with pride, and it was all his to command. Well, excepting of course for the ground forces spread out amongst his naval transports. Those were under the command of General Untoro, a very efficient commander who had a knack for force organization and supply.

"Sir, still no sign of any movement on the Western Coast. Are we sure they got the message?"

Zenislev turned and regarded his aide, Ensign Chamtaka, for a moment before responding. "Of course they did. I fear that they are not responding either because they vastly underestimate us, or they are so involved with the in-fighting that they simply cannot spare anything to check out our claim. Either way, it bodes ill for the people of this country. We need to move quicker."

The Ensign shift uneasily, "Sir we are trying of course, but the transports are burning far more fuel than anticipated and require refueling much more than our schedule planned for. There is simply too much weight on those ships."

The Admiral sighed, "Of course there is, we have yet to experience true combat, so high command made sure we had everything we could ever need for a war. Except for enough transports appearently." he finished with a chuckle. It was a bit of humor that had started at the beginning of the voyage, commenting on a lack of anything. High Command was throwing everything they had into there very first foreign engagement and the admiral thought it was a bit ridiculous. Just the other day he found out that they had one transport carrying over 25 tons of cut lumber on board. "Did they think this nation didn't have trees of there own?", he had asked of another official. "Apparently, " the other had responded "the idea is that we should be provided TO the country during our stay, not taking from them. Hearts and Minds and all that."

"Ah, and if we have to stay for longer than expected?" he had asked.

The other official looked at the Admiral quizzicly, "Have you seen the intelligence? They could unite together and even arm all there people and we would be victorious still. They don't stand a chance and so far no one else has gotten involved. You will be fine Admiral."

That was days ago. Today the reports were different, a few allies from different parts of the world had in fact joined in.
Factbook = Check my nation page you fool. It's constantly being updated and re-vamped.
Quick Facts:
A.S.N.C. = Allied States of the Northern Collective (My nation)
Population = 2,521,000,000
Army = 1,622,264 Navy = 249,579 Air Force = 623,948
Government = Military Junta

Generation 30 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:49 pm

We have delivered the landing ships to Lord Marshstone crews and they are ladden with the promised war material. Obtained from third sources. As a container ship and a cruiser converted as troopship. We wish it could help lord Marshstone to land their ground forces.

Also PMC have started arriving with chartered aircraft from 1500 strong veterans Red Sand, Inc with their equipment. Some of them with SOF background have entered covertly disquessed in Haydn and started to train Lord Williams partidaries for irregular operations to distract Baurus supporters forces, mostly in the East.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents