NATION

PASSWORD

Fistfulls of Sand (MT IC TG to Join)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Naudin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Naudin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Zaida loved the necklace, but did that mean that she loved Titus too? The Arab Princess was certainly growing fond of the young Emperor. He seemed kind and attentive, much better than many of the husbands of her friends. Inexperienced in love, she knew not what her feelings meant, but she hoped. No longer did she mistrust her own emotions. Zaida knew what action she should take. All the counsel she received was the same, even that from her heart. She wrote a reply:

Dearest Titus,
You have been so kind to me, and open in your affection, that I can but desire to return both. At first, I hesitated, not out of misgivings or lack of feeling, but out of natural shyness and caution. My brother, while certainly approving of our marriage, does not force it upon me. It is with complete freedom, and in accordance with the will of my heart and mind, that I consent to be your wife. It makes me so happy to to have written such. I now must eagerly await its delivery to you, so that we may be happy together.

Yours,
Zaida

The Emir soon arrived at Naudin, and set up his headquarters on board the Emiral Navy's flagship. Broadcasts had already been made announcing his accession to the throne and leadership of the invading army. His arrival was met with a jubilant welcome. Abdul gave a short speech, thanking them, and announced the plan to attack. With that he went to his quarters to hold a conference with the commanders.

The men all sat around a teak table, and discussed the battle plan for the invasion. The Emir did not give any suggestions, he simply made notes and occasionally asked questions. The only orders he gave was to the stewardesses bringing the coffee.

On the Road to Hanj, the bus was unloaded, and the bandits began to search the passengers. Takara and Naji, seemed to be the last two to be searched. Naji got anxious as the bandits got closer to them. They were almost to the pair when Naji decided to take action. He stepped forward and yelled and cursed at the bandits. He rebuked them for their cowardice, sloth and choice of haircut. One bandit walked up to him, and hit Naji with his rifle. Naji fell. The bandit seemed pleased, and returned to searching.

Naji turned his head to Takara and whispered, get down. Then, he pulled out his gun and fired on the bandits.

Yngen
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Naudin wrote:
On the Road to Hanj, the bus was unloaded, and the bandits began to search the passengers. Takara and Naji, seemed to be the last two to be searched. Naji got anxious as the bandits got closer to them. They were almost to the pair when Naji decided to take action. He stepped forward and yelled and cursed at the bandits. He rebuked them for their cowardice, sloth and choice of haircut. One bandit walked up to him, and hit Naji with his rifle. Naji fell. The bandit seemed pleased, and returned to searching.

Naji turned his head to Takara and whispered, get down. Then, he pulled out his gun and fired on the bandits.

Takara hefted her bag towards the nearest bandit, using the momentary distraction to draw her P226 sidearm with a fluid grace that spoke of a lifetime of training. She dropped to one knee in the same motion, extending the pistol and firing in tight, controlled bursts, starting with the bandits closest to her, a replacement clip already in her off-hand ready to reload the moment she ran dry.
-GO STAMPEDERS / GREY CUP 2014.-
-Ingen - "The Eyes of Justice"-
-Laptev Axis is best Axis-

The Jade Empire of Ingen; a vast, anachronistic, character-driven FT superpower
You want realism? In what 'realistic' nation would you be in charge?

Barsovich
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Barsovich » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Last edited by Barsovich on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alderann
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alderann » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:31 pm

ALDERA CITY, ALDERANN, SUMMER PALACE

Titus was pleased to get the letter from Princess Zaida. He quickly made plans for the wedding wanting to be soon. He wrote a letter to Zaida asking her what she wanted and when they could be married.

Dearest Zaida,
I am very pleased with your decision to marry me. I promise I will be a good husband to you. Now when can we be married I would like it to be soon. When would you like to be married. Anything you want you shall have.
Sincerely,
Titus.

BASAH CITY, NAUDIN

Imperial commandos get here's around in the dark of night ready to execute their mission. Intel had been received about a meeting between 12 very high ranked rebel leaders.
The commandos mission was to capture the rebels for questioning. At 0230 in the morning the commandos using NVG waited a block away for the go ahead.
Parked 3 blocks away was a convoy that would load the prisoners up and take them back to base. Finally the commandos got the go ahead and proceeded to the house.

Once near the front the lead guy threw a flash bang into the house stunning whoever was inside. Making entry the commando team quickly fired, killing 3 rebel soldiers in the front of the house before moving to clear the other rooms.
The rebels were taken off guard. The mission was successful but the commandos only captures 5 of their targets with the rest escaping.
But what would this rebel leaders tell.

Naudin
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Naudin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:21 pm

The gunfight was over in seconds. As soon as it began, the bus passengers scattered, some drew their own weapons. The bandits panicked and fired wild. There was no smoke to clear, but when the shooting had stopped, few remained near the bus. The bandits lay on the sand, dead or dying. Next to them lay, Naji. He had shot at least two before he was hit himself. He then fell to the ground as Takara finished off the rest.

The surviving passengers had fled. The bus driver examined the bullet pierced engine and cursed, before deciding to abandon his bus. Naji, lay in the sand, blood flowing out of his shoulder, and looked at the Princess. "Help" he uttered.

Barsovich wrote:A remote Barsovichian patrol, assigned to patrol the roads that led to Hanj, caught sight and heard the faint sound of discharging weapons around the bus. The group of 12 men, occupying 2 medium armoured vehicles, readied themselves for combat, and each vehicle had a gunner on a vehicular mounted 50-caliber machine gun. The radio officer of the vehicle radioed the forward command for their group, as the vehicles accelerated towards the bus.

"We've sighted some sort of combat going on around a vehicle, seems to be a bus. Mark our position, we are moving in to engage any hostiles. Repeat, we are moving in to engage any hostiles."

As the vehicles neared the situation, the commanding officer of the group spoke into microphone, connected to a speaker on the side of the armoured vehicle.

"Drop your weapons and put your hands in the air where we can see them. Refuse, and you'll be blown to pieces by our 50-cal guns. We will warn you once and once only."

A Bedouin militia, a part of the group dedicated to removing the foreigners from their homeland, had been following the patrol. Seeing them occupied, they saw this as their chance to attack. Riding on horses, and armed with assault rifles, they split into three groups of 40. All at once they charged, attacking from all angles.

Alderann wrote:ALDERA CITY, ALDERANN, SUMMER PALACE

Titus was pleased to get the letter from Princess Zaida. He quickly made plans for the wedding wanting to be soon. He wrote a letter to Zaida asking her what she wanted and when they could be married.

Dearest Zaida,
I am very pleased with your decision to marry me. I promise I will be a good husband to you. Now when can we be married I would like it to be soon. When would you like to be married. Anything you want you shall have.
Sincerely,
Titus.

BASAH CITY, NAUDIN

Imperial commandos get here's around in the dark of night ready to execute their mission. Intel had been received about a meeting between 12 very high ranked rebel leaders.
The commandos mission was to capture the rebels for questioning. At 0230 in the morning the commandos using NVG waited a block away for the go ahead.
Parked 3 blocks away was a convoy that would load the prisoners up and take them back to base. Finally the commandos got the go ahead and proceeded to the house.

Once near the front the lead guy threw a flash bang into the house stunning whoever was inside. Making entry the commando team quickly fired, killing 3 rebel soldiers in the front of the house before moving to clear the other rooms.
The rebels were taken off guard. The mission was successful but the commandos only captures 5 of their targets with the rest escaping.
But what would this rebel leaders tell.

Zaida was pleased when she received her reply. She had entered the state of glee and joy reserved for eager brides. Already, the princess was day dreaming of her wedding. Hurriedly, she wrote back.

Dear Titus,

I know you will make me happy, I only wish that I can please you. In Naudin, the groom picks the wedding date, to do otherwise, would invite ill-luck. I am ready for marriage, and hope that you pick an early date. With you, as my husband, what more can I want?

Yours,
Zaida

Meanwhile, news of the captured rebel leaders reached the Emir. Abdul requested that he could meet with them, as he might know them. Travelling from the ship to the land base. His arrival to the base, caused a commotion, as the loyal troops gathered there, celebrated his arrival. After as short a ceremony as he could make, he went to the prison. Examining the prisoners he thought These men are like sheep, separated from their flock, or like dogs in a pack. Now they are cut off, perhaps they will follow a new shepherd? He instructed the interrogator, "Treat them kindly, better then kind, give them the finest food etc. Keep them separated, and tell them, that I their new Emir have accepted their deal, they will now serve me. I know they have not offered me a deal, rather I wish to offer them one. However, an offer can be refused. Simply tell them that they have already accepted. They will think their compatriots have negotiated on their behalf." The Emir was very pleased with himself.

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Naudin wrote:The gunfight was over in seconds. As soon as it began, the bus passengers scattered, some drew their own weapons. The bandits panicked and fired wild. There was no smoke to clear, but when the shooting had stopped, few remained near the bus. The bandits lay on the sand, dead or dying. Next to them lay, Naji. He had shot at least two before he was hit himself. He then fell to the ground as Takara finished off the rest.

The surviving passengers had fled. The bus driver examined the bullet pierced engine and cursed, before deciding to abandon his bus. Naji, lay in the sand, blood flowing out of his shoulder, and looked at the Princess. "Help" he uttered.

Takara holstered her pistol quickly after checking the enemy were down, before rushing over to the fallen colonel. He had been hit in the torso, but she couldn't tell if a vital organ or artery had been hit - the wound was too messy, covered by layers of fabric, and before she could assess it properly a Barsovichian patrol arrived. Playing the role of distraught wife, she began wailing, whilst surreptitiously tearing a strip of cloth and pressing it onto the wound, moving the colonel's hand over the wound so he could take over if she was forced away from him.

Things took another turn though - before the Barsovichians could cause any problems, a horde of Bedouins rode in, rifles cracking. Though they were plentiful, they were still facing professional soldiers backed by a pair of .50cal machine guns, and she wasn't sure she was happy with their chances. She would wait and see though - there was no way the Barsovichians would come out unscathed, even if they did win, so she stayed with the colonel.

Barsovich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Barsovich » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:28 am

Last edited by Barsovich on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 am

Takara took in the situation. Just a few yards away, the Barsovichians were engaged in a deadly firefight, their backs now to her. She contemplated her course of action. She could slip away now, steal a car and be aboard an Imperial helicopter in twenty minutes, or she could attack them, wipe out any chance of pursuit.
She paused, clearing her mind for a second. Focusing on a rock near her, she calmed, thinking her options through.
To attack held a high chance of short-term success. The enemy were unaware, distracted, and small in number, and with her powerful handgun and honed accuracy she believed she could hit the weak spots and joints around their body armour without much problem, and most likely kill the soldiers inside the vehicle before they realised what was happening over the roar of their .50cal. But then what?
There was no point in taking their vehicle. Even if it didn't have a tracking device, she would be spotted instantly and their whole army would be looking for a stolen armoured car. Leaving in another vehicle, she would still be the subject of a nationwide manhunt.
But she couldn't carry the Colonel without arousing suspicion. She couldn't sneak away with him - if she did want to leave, it was going to have to be alone. She turned one last look at the injured man, and then sighed.
"You are a lucky man," she told him, before scooping up his handgun and moving towards the Barsovichians. With her own pistol and his handgun, she covered the three enemy from behind, taking a moment to aim before beginning to fire, squeezing a spread of rounds into the backs, necks, knees and shoulders of the trio of unsuspecting enemy troops, advancing as she did so.

Naudin
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Naudin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:02 am

The Bedouin attackers were not strangers to combat, and were prepared for the Barsovich response. They had a spread out formation, which minimized the effectiveness of the machine guns. The fleeing vehicle only attracted the attention of those in its path, who were sure to return heavy fire. The rifle rounds did not stand a chance of penetrating the vehicle's modern armour. However, several of the fighters were equipped with rifle launched anti-tank grenades, and they fired them towards the Barsovish gunner.

The stationary command vehicle became the main target for the rest of the fighters. Those who had come into range dismounted and lay prone. Firing upon the soldiers. They only aimed for the uniformed Barsovichs, and ignored Naji and Takara. The Bedouin commander surveyed the scene, and ordered a wide perimeter formed. He expected to finish off the scouts and leave, all under ten minutes.

Barsovich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Barsovich » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Last edited by Barsovich on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:49 am

OOC - OK seriously, no-one is taking any casualties? Especially Barsovich, I know the Bedouin are "only" armed with assault rifles and anti-tank weapons, but 120 of them have been shooting at your guys for two turns now and youy've taken no losses.
And I know Takara "only" has a pair of handguns, but how is it that when someone opens fire from a motionless position behind them, apparently you conveniently have a guy who is not particularly concerned by the 120 Bedouin trying to slaughter his tiny patrol and is instead conveniently staring back the way he came, just as conveniently you had a patrol AND air support AND other ground forces all in the area. Though I'm not sure why you need reinforcements since 120 assault troops can't even kill one of your men, and your men are constantly aware 360 and can instantly spot a special agent sneaking up from directly behind them.
Especially when said Special Agent didn't begin moving towards them UNTIL she began firing, so I have no idea how or why your guy would have suddenly noticed her in time for them all to turn around, lie down, spot her and begin firing, all without taking any losses.

TL;DR stop powergaming

Barsovich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Barsovich » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Last edited by Barsovich on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:30 am

OOC - First you say three men dismount, then you have "A driver, a communications officer, and 3 riflemen" crouching behind the vehicle, now you're saying two have their backs to the vehicle, whilst two are firing from round the rear edge of the vehicle? I thought only three dismounted - is it three, or five, or four?

Takara has been there since they arrived - they wouldn't've been alarmed by her mere presence because she was already there. There is no way that, in the time it took her to draw two pistols from under her robes and fire, your guys could have:
>> spotted her drawing the pistols
>> registered her as a threat
>> shouting a warning to the others
>> all of them registered the warning
>> all of them turned around
>> all of them lie down
>> all of them locate her
>> all of them take aim and begin firing

Also yeah, they're not exactly going to be super accurate, but he specifically mentioned rifle-launched grenades, his men aren't trying to fire JAVELIN launchers from horseback, and 120 - 3 (or four or five) means that his guys can be like 10% as accurate as yours and still be landing more hits. You are just powergaming, man, and it kind of sucks.

Naudin
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Naudin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:10 am

The high speed of the Barsovichian vehicle made it a difficult target, but it also made it impossible for the gunner to aim with any accuracy, and most of the bullets ended up in the dirt. The Arabian steeds were fast and nimble, and their riders numerous. They could of course not dodge bullets, and some fell, wounded or dead. However, they had sent much more fire in the direction of the enemy, than it had sent at them. Seeing the result of their work, they withdrew, to the east.

The dismounted troops on the same side of the bus, stayed close to the ground as the bullets flew over their head. Smoke billowed from their rifle grenades, obscuring their view of the target. Several of them were unfortunate to get hit, as well as many of their horses. Undaunted, they turned to face the returning vehicle. They launched another round of grenades at it.

Meanwhile, those attacking from the other side of the bus had gotten much closer, and having also dismounted, approached the bus with caution. From the two fire fights, the bus already resembled Swiss cheese. At least one grenade had hit it, igniting it. One attacker, taking the lead order three men, to go each way around the bus.

"Their armour is thicker than we thought" the commander said to his right hand man. "We have sustained to many causalities, and lost too many horses." One might have wondered what was dearer to him. "We must move on, inform the Sheikh, we are coming."

Barsovich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Barsovich » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Last edited by Barsovich on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Barsovich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Barsovich » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Last edited by Barsovich on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alderann
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alderann » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:26 pm

ALDERA, Alderann, Imperial Palace

Titus wrote back to Zaida to express his joy at their upcoming wedding. The Emperor himself was full of glee at the announcement.
Dearest Zaida,
It brings me great joy that we will be husband and wife. The wedding will happen in three days. You may use any of the servants and ask for anything you want for the wedding and for your wedding dress. My wedding gift to you will be my devotion to the liberation of your country. I due hope that you being my second wife is not a concern as I'm sure some of my peoples customs may seem strange but I assure you I will not neglect you in anyway.
Sincerely,
Titus

BASHA City, Naudin
Most of the city was aflame from the constant fighting that has been going on. Causalities on both sides keep mounting. Another major offensive was planned, this time to dislodge the rebels from the city center and government buildings. Some 7,500 troops mustered outside the city it would be their mission to storm the city center and finally capture BASHA City.
The city itself was cut off from any possible resupply. Marines were conducting house to house fighting in some areas. Military officials were holding a meeting to discuss how to move north to capture the last few remaining rebel strong holds.

Naudin
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Naudin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:37 am

Alderann wrote:ALDERA, Alderann, Imperial Palace

Titus wrote back to Zaida to express his joy at their upcoming wedding. The Emperor himself was full of glee at the announcement.
Dearest Zaida,
It brings me great joy that we will be husband and wife. The wedding will happen in three days. You may use any of the servants and ask for anything you want for the wedding and for your wedding dress. My wedding gift to you will be my devotion to the liberation of your country. I due hope that you being my second wife is not a concern as I'm sure some of my peoples customs may seem strange but I assure you I will not neglect you in anyway.
Sincerely,
Titus

BASHA City, Naudin
Most of the city was aflame from the constant fighting that has been going on. Causalities on both sides keep mounting. Another major offensive was planned, this time to dislodge the rebels from the city center and government buildings. Some 7,500 troops mustered outside the city it would be their mission to storm the city center and finally capture BASHA City.
The city itself was cut off from any possible resupply. Marines were conducting house to house fighting in some areas. Military officials were holding a meeting to discuss how to move north to capture the last few remaining rebel strong holds.

Zaida was excited about her wedding, she did not let the fact that she would be a second wife dampen her excitement. Polygamy, while not common in Naudin, was the norm among the most powerful. She wrote to Titus, expresses her appreciation and joy. Three days was quicker than she expected, so she was in a hurry to go shopping. She had been provide with a guide and a driver to help her, and she visited the most expensive stores. As Alderaan styles were different than Naundini ones, not all were to her taste.

Outside of Bashra, Emir Abdul overlooked the preparations for the next offensive. His part in it was simple enough. He would give a speech to be broadcast before and during. Its hope, to raise a fifth column in the city, as well as convince the rebels to surrender.

Barsovich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Barsovich » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 am

Last edited by Barsovich on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yngen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yngen » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:43 am

OOC - Thanks, man. I'm not saying she's a super invisible agent or something, nor that your guys wouldn't spot her - just that she did get the drop on them, and no-one can move faster than a bullet once it's already been fired

IC - Seeing the three men outside were casualties, dead or injured, she rushed towards the side of the humvee. Unless she could get horses from the Bedouins, this vehicle was her only escape route, and taking a horse would probably mean having to leave the Colonel which she didn't really want to do.
Not knowing if the Bedouins were friendly to the rebellion or not, she didn't want to take her chances. She stood and hurled a smoke grenade at the stationary Barsovichian vehicle, watching it begin to cough out smoke as she took aim at the injured Barsovichian soldier on the ground and fired with both pistols.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents