NATION

PASSWORD

Ascent of Glory II: Crumbling nations {Sunalaya Only} IC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Ascent of Glory II: Crumbling nations {Sunalaya Only} IC

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Ascent of Glory: A Regional Revolution
OOC: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=293062

Jamestown, November, 1890:

Cries came out from the intersections of every street and the corner of every bar. For half a decade the people of the Empire have lived in poverty. They where forced to work long hard hours in gruesome conditions in state owned factories in a feeble attempt at modernization. The country's coffers where bone dry, running deep in debt and high in ambition. Taxes where barely able to pay the interest on loans taken out by the Emperor to pay for his war machine. Men where sent off to foreign lands to die for unworthy causes in the vain attempts to prop up failing empires and to build a new one. Emperor Charles thought he was building a new empire, but he had ruined it. No longer could he afford the maintenance of his massive army, navy and secret police. Dissidents that had fled the country in the brief 1880 Duma Insurrection had come back to the country to preach their ideals. Many where now ripe to hear them. With the brutal collapse of Isonian allies, the country was forced to stand on its own. It was now about to fall.

Protests started after the floods of the spring. Crops where swallowed up and submerged in water and sewage from the shanty towns of the Empire's cities. With the price of food rising, students where the first to protest in the streets, openly demanding food for them and their families, who had taken the risk of letting them off the farm. At first these meager protests where ignored by the crown, an mere pain in his side. Two days later factory workers went on strike, demanding higher wages, better conditions and bread. With the country at war in the west to maintain its oversea holdings militia men where called out. All they could do was watch as the protests grew larger and larger. In the next week Jamestown had stopped everything and fled into the streets. Cities around the Empire had protests which were met with force. However, Jamestown had grown out of control.
Last edited by United Soviet Jason Republic on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Rhodevus since the 1840s

The Republic of Rhodevus; but more commonly known as the Empire of Rhodevus, fell to the Aznazians in 1845. President Rubin Machin quickly signed the peace treaty on April 4th, 1845 and the nation was allowed to keep the Ile of Flowers as its only colony. Aznazian troops were stationed all around Rhodevus for the next two years, while everything between the two nations were settled. The people of Rhodevus were angry at the loss of their empire, as well as the republic system in general. Riots eventually began all over the nation. President Rubin was able to calm down the masses with a referendum, the largest one to ever take place since the referendum that gave Rhodevus its independence.

Soon after, The Republic of Rhodevus was transformed into the Kingdom of Rhodevus. Rubin Machin was named the first King. He did a much better job as king, than he did as a president, and put Rhodevus into an Isolationist policy, while the country was reforming. All trade with Rhodevus stopped immediately. Nothing was known about Rhodevus by the outside world, and even the Ile of Flowers was given autonomy so that they would not need to be dealt with during the reformation.

For a time, the nation was lead by Sir Alfred Montgomery, the previous Vice president of Rhodevus, then finally by John Harrison. Rhodevus was now more like its own world than a nation, as nothing about Rhodevus was known by anyone outside the nation. Although, one thing that became well known, was the fact that Rhodevus made the best maple-syrups. Rhodevus became completely self sufficient, due to its incredible amounts of coal and iron and the economy was booming.

Finally, in 1889, John Harrison ended the Isolationist Policy. The Ile of Flowers became a territory instead of a colony and the United Sovereign Kingdoms of Rhodevus was born. A more friendly and peaceful place than it was in the past
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Place holder.
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:44 am

I'll edit this later

The editing never came... D:
Last edited by Lindenholt on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:22 pm

After it's victory against Rhodevus in the 1840's, Aznazia began a massive industrial revolution using money and resources that was "confiscated" from the Rhodeve homeland. It set up trading outposts that grew in size and brought in large amounts of wealth from across the world thanks to it's newly won supremacy of the sea in Ventismar. In 1854 the nation celebrated it's centennial anniversary with 3 new districts that had been carved out of the indian territories and from land of the Peoples Republic of Caldonia (marxist nation directly to Aznazia's west). Aznazia then pushed north in 1863-1866 and conquered the small kingdoms that were left over form the collapse in 1750. By 1863 the nation had entered the industrial era with unrestricted capitalism that created a social elite that controlled masses of lower class civilians that lived in slums. Conditions were so bad that some people left for Rhodevus (across the sea) to find work. However by the end of 1868 the small exodus had stopped as conditions drastically improved when the elites enacted legislation to allow higher pay in order to put down the threats of open rebellion. As a result the economy and Aznazia continued to grow like other nations and the elite were able to keep their power. In 1882 the Aznazian "white navy" of 18 pre-dreadnaught warships sailed from Aznazia to Smoya, then to Lindenholt, to Rhodevus, and back to Aznaiza. The Model 1887 .30-40 cal. Leveler action military rifle (M1895 Winchester Rifle) and Model 1889 Machine Gun (M1895 Colt-Browning machine gun) are adopted into serve and give Aznazian military an advantage against other armies. With a modern navy and extremely well trained land force the nation is feared by it's foes and loved by it's allies using a new kind of "Economic Imperialism". As a result nationalism is at an all time high.

Map of Aznazia in 1885:

Endeavor City, Capitol of the Empire of Aznazia
November, 1890
High Council Chambers

The High Council were seated at their table discussing current issues. Some of the men might have changed but if anything, they had become even more corrupted and dirty then the last council. On the agenda was the invasion of The People's Republic of Caldonia which was set to begin in a week. They Marxist nation to Aznazia's west had for many years been thorn in the Council's side since they supported that main anarchist/marxist insurgency in Aznzia. Finally they would remove it. A total of nearly 100,000 Regular Troops and 30,000 Imperial Legionaries would cross into Caldonia and destroy all those who put up any form of opposition. The 2nd Fleet of 2 battleships, 5 crusiers, and 7 gunboats would land a force of 40,000 men on the west coast of Caldonia and destroy the capital city. However there were growing reports of a secessionist group forming in the colony of Corwen. As a result another 10,000 Troops would be sent in a month once the Council knew for certain that the Ill-equitpted Caldonian military was on the run.
Last edited by Aznazia on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:42 am

The tiny colony Corwen ( It’s where Oblaren is) had helped the homeland during the war with Rhodevus. It supplied Aznazia with soldiers and trade but do not gain very much. Of course, they got some goods from the mainland that were “spoils of war” but life did not really improve for the colony. In fact all that had really happened was that they had lost thousands of young men in a war a narrow ocean away from them. Many colonists were proud, despite that, they could help their homeland. However, there were a small few who were displeased with the war and how much they depend on Aznazia for survival. They have the old rifles Aznazia has no need for (Henry Repeating rifles and such) in their army. Only the rich officers could buy the brand new straight pull bolt action rifles. It could be destroyed easily without Aznazia’s help. The colony didn’t even have a navy, only a few ships here and there. Aznazia may be helping them now but what if they had to fend for themselves? That question echoed in some small few’s heads. Could they ever be free?
Last edited by Oblaren on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:42 am

Kingstown Rhodevus
November, 1890
King John Harrison

Rhodevus was officially part of the world once again. A long time had passed, and King John had hopes of bringing Rhodevus into the world as a peaceful nation. So far, Rhodevus was still within the Aznazian doctrine of having a very small fleet of ships and very few soldiers. King John had recently declared that Rhodvus was to begin growing culturally in the world. As such, festivals were created, plays and songs were written and preformed almost every day. Literature became the largest growing industry.

But, even with all of the inner-Rhodevus joy, King John needed to begin discussing on how to gain allies from around the region. He knew that Aznazia would not be a good choice, as they were going down the road the Republic went down 45 years before. It would be a tough decision, and one not to be made lightly...
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Jamestown:

Protesters silently marched in the streets of the cities. They waved posters crying for food and a better life, but the silent cries fell upon deaf ears. King Charles was inside the Royal Palace overlooking the marchers in Royal Square. The walls on which he stood where blood red. "Unlike Caprica i killed all the nobles and all the able body men are off at war. Sir Richard, how is the local militia?"
"They are armed but seem to be lacking moral. Their sisters and wives are out their my grace. I am afraid if push comes to shove they will not last. As you requested the Duma will meet for the first time in ten years. Hopefully they will do something."
The king snorted. "Ha! Them! They are a lie! I shall use them as a scapegoat and continue my royal plans. We must industrialize. Have we clamped down on the dissidents?"
"I am sorry, no. We cannot find them in the streets, they are too many in number." The king took this badly. He walked up to the walls and put his hands on the reb brick. "If they do not disburse by tomorrow, make this streets of red brick as well."
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:56 am

Dawn, Jamestown:

The red sun slowly rose over the ancient city. Dying fires from protest camps still let out small columns of smoke into the air. Protesters in dark, dirty and foul clothing littered the streets. Some slept slumped over signs or red flags. Some huddled in groups for warmth. Other houses where overflowing with protesters. Guards positioned outside of the royal palace where already awake. Inside of their barracks the trained men where preparing to strike. Militia men awkwardly followed the professionals, dawning on their white uniforms. Within the hour protester and guard where face to face.

The crowds where now awake, hungry from their nights sleep and lack of food they slowly marched around the massive red walls of the palace. Around the country, in other cities, protesters got up in less numerous numbers to make a statement to the government. In Jamestown, a group of white guards stood out amoungst the crowd of gray and black. Their rifles glimmered in the morning sun. Protesters shouted at them, not noticing the guards taking up positions on the wall. "SET AIM!" an officer shouted on the wall. In a single moment the guards raised their weapons on the unsuspecting crowd. They panicked. Some of the protesters rushed forward at the guards with sticks and other crude weapons. "FIRE!"

Shots could be heard as some of the guards, the trained ones, opened onto the crowd, striking down a small number of protesters. The militia mostly held their fire, too shocked to shoot. "I SAID FIRE! TREASON!" A trained guard turned upon a militia member with his bayonet, striking him down. The other militia men turned and fired on the professional. Infighting broke out in the square. Protesters began to beat the white uniformed men who shot at the crowd. From the walls the few loyalist continued to fire. Militia men broke, some attacked the regulars and others ran into the crowd. The square emptied out as protesters panicked and ran. Some attacked guards as others fled into the back ally ways of the cramped city.

By sunset royal offices had been sacked for their arms. Most of the royal guard was killed from the militia, who when done with their revenge jumped off the lower parts of the wall and fled into the city. Some help up at gates. The King was rushed into the inner part of the palace with his few remaining guards. By night local patrols controlled the city. Messengers went out into the country side to rally men and their ideas to arms.
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Portopia, One Week After the Riot:

The square was full of people, men woman and children who filled the square, outlined in old shops. The public square had people standing in the fountain waiting to hear the address. In a red brick building several well dressed men stood on a balcony overlooking the square. One of them had a large piece of parchment. Armed men stood in the corners of the building in square, wearing new uniforms. Finally a man stood up to the crowd. He cleared his throat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I, Johnathan Michel, leader of the Democratic Party of Portville will read you the Official Address from the office of Charles IX." He paused as the crowd took a moment to silence.

"I, Emperor Charles IX, King of the Empire of Jason, Lord of Agria, Inheritor of the Kingdoms of Jason, Portville and Caprica have seen the harm that i have done. I desired to build a new age, one in which we spread across the waves and across Ophion. However my ideals have fallen up on a less ideal populace. I shall now entrust the Duma in Jamestown with the power to rule and accept its own laws. The Duma shall now rules the Empire. I hereby resign my authority entrusted with me in God and give my divinity to the members of this organization.

My last decree shall be that all provinces shall send their rulers to Jamestown to take part in the Duma.

Long Live the Empire"

The crowd was quick to rejoice at the closing of the speech. Michel held up the paper and shook hands with the people around him. "Get our men together. We leave at dawn," he told one of them.

Jamestown:

In the streets people where crowded together to listen to a single man. Red flags and guards where parading down the street in triumph. Laim Malcom was on top of a pile of boxes yelling at the crowd. Every time he finished a statement the group yelled back in approval.
"And there shall be law and order! For i have told the countryside to raise arms against their oppressors and against the overlords that take our food and make us work! For we shall get what we divisive! God is a lie! We can only trust in our fellow Comrade for security! General Weiss shall raise a host to take down the nobility! We shall rule the Duma and control the state for the people! For you, the worker shall rise! We shall become a modern state and be the envy of the world! Everyone shall work together for the common goal of unity and prosperity!!"
Jamestown Journal

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:36 pm

November 1st, 1890
0550 hrs
Border between Aznazia and The People's Republic of Caldonia
3rd Imperial Aznazian Region
Colonel Maxwell Coleman

Coleman looked out over the trench towards Caldonia. Only a small cattle barbed wire fence separated the two totally different ideological nations. He stepped down from the ladder and pulled out his pocket watch and checked the time. 10 minutes. "Men we go in 10 minutes piss now or be ready to hold it until dark!" As the men around him made their final preparations he put away his father's pocket watch and placed a letter to his family in his breast pocket in the event that he was killed. These men are my family, they have been training for months. The old 3rd Legion fought at the battle of battle of Yztal in Rhodevus and had been destroyed halting the entire Rhodeve army defending Kingstown. I just hope that we wont be joining them in the 3rd Legion Memorial. He glanced back down at his watch and saw that he now had 1 minute left. Putting his pocket watch back in his pocket, he took a fresh striper clip for his M1887 pistol (Mauser C96) and charged it. His men also loaded their .30-40 cal level action rifles.

0559 hrs
3 miles behind the trench lines

Private Henry Weiver (Ancestor of former Chancellor Daniel Weiver) loaded a 76 mm shell into his cannon in anticipation for the artillary barrage that would blanket the nearby Caldonian settlement of El Sanjanto. The barrage would last 15 minutes and give cover to the initial 130,000 troops that would cross into the Marxist nation across 50 miles of land. Caldonia had always been a thorn in Aznazia's side that it wished to be removed permanently. At exactly 0600 hrs the word was given to open fire. Over 50 cannons opened fire with explosive shells on the town. As the shells smashed down the 150 Marxistanos of the town grabbed their rifles and rushed out to meet the invaders but had no idea that 5,400 men of the 3rd Legion were moving towards them.

(OOC: Any Marxist, Socialist, Communist nation may help Caldonia. I will RP as both Caldonia and Aznazia if needed)
Last edited by Aznazia on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Jamestown, Duma Meeting:

For several days the Duma had come to no success in any issues. Food wasn't any more pestilent, militias loyal to political parties still roamed cities and the country side. Nobles sent to the Duma had no grounds in running a country starving for reform and food. Outside the crowds haven't disbursed. His majesty the King had not been seen for days, allowing the Duma to try to run the government. However it was chaos. Across the country other bodies rose up in the void to take control. The Soviets of the east where now working together to restore order and distribute food amoungst the masses, preaching of Marxism. In the West were the Democrats, wishing to institute a democracy, they where patrolling the streets in preparation of any pro monarchy riots. However in the south a man sat alone. Heir to the throne, John Williams II of Agria sat with his fellow nobility planning the take over of the government. Orders where given to get military supplies and men from abroad and stash it in Agria. There was a plan to take over what was lost.
Jamestown Journal

Rodrania
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrania » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Rodrania, Eston. 1890
Gustaf Wirner's office

Brief introduction to Rodrania in the 1890s
Gustaf was sitting on his chair, looking at the smoke erupting from the factories' chimneys. The Revolution day, the day in which the Rodranian people commemorate the heroes who died fighting for their country and the democracy, happened not long time ago and the people outside was still celebrating. Everybody was happy except Gustaf, who was trying to keep the colonies under control and train the soldiers who, even when they where a lot, they where still untrained. He knew that he was feared even when he was not evil. It was the Rodranian propaganda which caused this. He was an old man, he was expecting to die soon, but he still managed the country like a young man. The economy was thriving and everyone was happy. Of course, everyone except him, who was sitting on his chair with a frown on his face drinking some wine.

"Fuck this fucking shit" he said to himself with his deep voice while searching trough the papers on his desk "We have a gigantic army, but they are all untrained peasants. How the hell am I supposed to keep all the colonies under control with this? I can't just keep on sending people to die out there. Even when I give them the best equipment we have, their own stupidity causes them to die" He took a deep breath trying to calm down "It's okay Wirner, it's okay. Just calm down and think. We need to spend more money in the training of this soldiers. It will take years, but we still need to do that." He knew that the fact that the soldiers where so many was causing the training problem, but he feared that after disbanding a few regimens he would lost the control over the Rodranian colonies. He looked again trough the window. Everyone was happy, except him.
Last edited by Rodrania on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns are he/him if you care, tho I myself don't.
I'm a Communist of the Marxist variety without specific labels, I am not a hardliner towards any specific ideology of Communism beyond having influences from several sources and I am in no way an advanced Marxist/Leninist/Luxemburgist/etc intellectual.

Always open to discuss privately with people aligning towards the Far-Right respectfully if they are to respect me back.

SuperFruitland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby SuperFruitland » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Banana Town, SuperFruitLand
Everything was, in reality, alright. Unemployment had been almost stomped out by the development of the fishing industry on the nations coast, and the crops in the agricultural heartland had been going without blight. In fact, there hadn't been a crop failure for nearly 10 years, which most people thought was uncanny. People kept holding their luck though, and the year-round planting and growing of crops to feed the large nation kept on going. Crop failures normally happened every 5 years, and some scientists were concerned that the next crop failure could be big. The modernization of other nations had become a slight problem, and troubling for the government, who worried that, if an invasion force came from the sea, that the old metal S'Krill class ships would be sunk, and then all hope would be lost. The weather had been alright, too. Over the next weeks, people reported feeling anxiety over what the future held for SuperFruitLand, and indeed all the world. It was right to be worried.

The Kingdom of Westford
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kingdom of Westford » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:10 pm

the King's Office, Westminster Palace, Songford, the Kingdom of Westford[
As King Leo I of Westford sat at a large desk in his office, he looked out of a large, rectangular window in front of him and looked upon the small trading port of Songford that Westford called it's capital city in front of him. The city, which was founded in 902 a.d. by Eric Halvarsson, one of the king's ancestors was not only a small and insignificant trading port and fishing town, it was also ancient and in no good shape. The city was located by a natural harbor that was of both strategic and trading importance and was home to a large harbor, and by the harbor was a large square with a large, beautiful fountain in the center. The square, which was at the center of Songford was home to a large market place and was surrounded by small houses and disgusting slums that made up most of Songford. In between those slums were small, narrow streets which were covered in at least a meter of sludge and excrement. The small city was once the largest in the world but after the great fire of Songford in 1668, it was reduced to a tiny slum-ridden shantytown. Every day, as trading ships sailed into the harbor, more and more people emigrated from the city, never to return again as bouts of Smallpox and Cholera weakened the city, crippling it's livelihood. However, that was about to change.
"Your majesty! May I come in?" said someone at the office door
"Who are you?" the king asked, startled by the sudden interruption
"It's me, Eric Sigmundsson, the Urban Planner you requested" the voice said
"Come in," the king said lazily
A well-dressed, handsome young man entered the room, carrying a bunch of rolled up maps. His name was Eric Sigmundsson and he was an urban planner from Aarhus.
"Do you have city plans for me?" the king asked
"Yes, they're right here" he said, pointing to the maps cradled in his arm
"So, your majesty, why have you requested me to redesign Songford?" Eric asked
"Because, Eric, Songford is a tiny, slum-infested city and since my goal is to modernize the country, I wish to start with Songford, the capital city."
"Makes sense" Eric retorted
"Now show me the plans" the king impatiently asked
Eric took out one of the maps cradled in his arms and revealed a map of Songford. He laid it down on the table and said "this, is Sonngford"
([url=http://i.imgur.com/gHr6VXzl.jpg]Image)[/url]
"A slum-infested fishing town" he continued
"And?" Leo said, impatiently
"And, I have come up with a new design for Songford, not only will it have a practical street plan but it will also be a magnificent city, it will have shops, boulevards, a cathedral, museums, trams, a train station to connect it to the other cities of the kingdom and elegant buildings in the French style, it will be a world class city" he said, excited as he took out another map from the pile of maps he held as he laid it down on the table. "This," he said
([url=http://i.imgur.com/gdJ7hW5l.png]Image)[/url]
"Is what Songford could be" Eric continued excitedly
"Amazing," the king said, scanning the map "Your design is flawless," he continued "We shall rebuild Songford, as payment, and gratitude, I give you a room in the palace"
"Thank you, your majesty" Eric said, leaving the room.

Arkenvik Square, Songford, the Kingdom of Westford[
As the king stood on the balcony of the Royal Palace, a beautiful, neoclassical, blue-roofed building designed by architects from Paris, a large crowd stood, waiting for his speech. "Fellow countrymen," he said loudly "for too long have you lived in disgusting shacks without food or water. For too long, have you lived in poverty, and for too long have you lived in filth and squalor, now, however, you shall no more live like this. In ten years, I promise to rebuild this city, brick by brick, and turn it into a truly global metropolis, with opera houses, museums, cathedrals, and elegant and luxurious apartment buildings where you shall no more live in poverty" he announced. The crowd cheered with content and happiness as the city celebrated the news. It wouldn't be long until Songford would be transformed into a global city. And the king knew that.

The King's Office, Royal Palace, Songford, the Kingdom of Westford
As the king sat at his desk, he pondered the outcome of recent events How am I to fund such a project?Will I even be able to afford such an undertaking? he thought as he took out his telegraph and wrote the following message:

To: the Federal Republic of Aznazia
Through the years we have recognized that your vast and prosperous empire has grown economically and has seen massive economic and population growth and we are truly in awe of your nation's achievements and strong economy, therefore, we request 10,000,000 Havnarfjordur Kroners for a massive Urban revitalization project of our nation's capital city of Songford. In exchange for this vast amount of money, we will give you a considerable plot of land near Songford that your nation may administer, control, and develop until 1924, when you must give it back to us.
Sincerely,
His majesty King Leo of Westford[
Last edited by The Kingdom of Westford on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Jamestown:

The crowd returned to the streets. Their demands where not met. The Duma had squabbled over nothing and was not no longer confident in itself. The Nobles took a day off. Or so they told the public. Secretly the Duma and its nobles ran back to their holds in the countryside leaving the country in chaos. Armed men patrolled the streets and groups met in secret around the country

Jamestown Party Soviet

"You see! They have ran!" shouted Laim Malcom to the group of soldiers and workers. "The Duma is nothing but cowards! As we work together, building assemblies and helping the commoner they have turned their backs! They have gone home! To what! Their lush plates and castles!"
The group roared in anger. Many hooted and stomped their feet in approval for their leader.
"This is what i say! Tomorrow we should take the Palace and their precious king! By right of the worker we need to! Who will give me the men to enforce the word of the Soviet gathered here today!" Once again the group roared, many threw their hate up to show that they would support the effort. "I shall meet with your comrades after this then! For tomorrow we shall have a new party! The only party!"

Agria:
"M'lord, the Royal Fleet has only retained the ships stationed in Caprica. The fleets in Portville and Jamestown have sworn their guns to the Duma." The adviser bowed respectfully. John Williams had a pile of papers in front of him, listing military plans and regiment numbers. "Deserters.... I order them to be shot. My father has failed. I herby wish for my reign to be established and my coronation in Jamestown. I shall rule. On the 'morrow His Gracious Army shall march north to Jamestown. When they are finished they shall leave a garrison and march to Portville. Any ships seized shall be put to good use in Jamestown."
Jamestown Journal

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:39 am

Seiena, Oblaren

The Colony of Oblaren's representatives were on their way to a meeting with some Aznazia officials, given the officials didn't ignore the message like last time. The representatives were self proclaimed and had no real power, Aznazia controlled Oblaren like a puppet. The representatives would sometimes try to get the Aznaizan Government to make things better in Oblaren but the Aznazians were more worried about the motherland. In fact all of Oblaren's natural resources were sold for a much cheaper price to Aznazia. And Oblaren had to buy overt priced goods from Aznazia. All major companies had to be in Aznaiza, however, many businessmen in Oblaren argued that they were Aznazians too. They fought with Aznaiza and some were born in Aznazia. Hannes Camours (father of Arturia Camours) was one such man. He would travel all around the Aznazian empire talking for the rights of Oblaren. His closing statement always was "We are Aznazians too!" And he planned to use that today...

Havnarfjordur
Civilian

Founded: Jul 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Havnarfjordur » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:39 am

Ignore this irrelevant post
Last edited by Havnarfjordur on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

SuperFruitland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SuperFruitland » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:11 am

Orangestad, SuperFruitLand

The people in Orangestad, the Dutch community in one of the most southerly points in the nation, were used to having storms. Giant rolling waves would come from the unhampered ocean, and crash into the city walls. But, a few days earlier, a hurricane had been sweeping through the island micronations south of SuperFruitLand, wrecking infrastructure and drowning the cities. This storm was hell-bent on making landfall in SuperFruitLand, it seemed, and from its path it would roll straight over the good city of Orangestad. Then, six hours before the storm was to make landfall, it started raining. Sirens promptly went off, with the message, "Hurricane Hengil will make landfall in six hours. Everyone near the coastline MUST evacuate. I repeat, people living near the coastline MUST evacuate." And so it was. Hurricane Hengil was one of the most powerful storms in the history of SuperFruitLand to make landfall. When it finally made landfall, 200 mph winds shook the mainly wooden houses of Orangestad. A massive storm surge swept through the walls, crumbling them like dust and sending a 30-foot wall of water into the square. With the amount of rain, and the size of the waves hitting the city, it was certain that whoever had stayed would not be living after the storm was done. The wave raced through the flat, low-lying city, wrecking everything in its path. Hundreds of buildings were collapsed by the waves, including Kroeger Tower, the only building that residents were allowed to stay in if they chose to weather out the storm. It was reported nearly 500 people perished in Kroeger Tower when it was swept off its structure by the water and crumbled into the foaming seas. The next day, Hurricane Hengil kept going, dumping record amounts of water into the lakes and streams of the Farmlands. It was reported by government services in later days that 95% of all the crops in the Farmlands had been destroyed by the sheer amounts of water flowing around them. It was a disaster. A disaster of unimaginable proportions.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Jamestown:

The Royal Palace was nearly empty expect for the few guards who remained loyal to the King. Most fled after the Duma, hired to protect the wealthy as they fled the city which was now embroiled in chaos. In the morning hours armed men slowly made their way towards the red walls of the palace in the heart of the city. Snow covered the streets, leaving buggies buried in show. As part of the plan the Communists already stormed the exits to the city, securing them for their own means. Most people where indoors and didn't bother to notice the group of men. As they neared the palace the group began to take cover behind houses. The group made their move on a gate located closest to the line of homes, quickly running in the foot deep snow to their target. The two guards at the station threw down their side arms and quickly moved to put their hands in their warm pockets. The attackers ignored them and continued inward. Some moved to secure the rest of the walls as the remainder of the group marched into the lush inner palace. They ran from building to building, busting down doors and making their presence known. Those who where inside surrendered and where marched out into the center courtyard of the palace.

Inside of the King's Court Emperor Charles IX of Agria could hear the sounds of boots coming from the long marble hall. He had one other guard with him. Loyal to the last. This man deserves better... The emperor thought as he pondered his doom. The emperor was in his white and orange military uniform, pacing the long orange rug of his former throne room. His guard approached. "We should leave sire," he pleaded, his rifle out. "I will hold them off! My Emperor, time is fleeing!"
"And so it my reign." the Emperor replied at once. "Put down your arm. You don't deserve to die. I..." the Emperor stopped short. "I did enough good to this country." The guard walked up to the emperor, his rifle in hand.
"Sire, you cannot be-"
"I AM!" he yelled back in furry. "I HAVE SENTENCED MEN TO DEATH IN THIS ROOM! DO YOU WANT TO BE MY LAST!" he shouted back. Down the hall the footsteps could be heard getting louder. The sound of snapped wood could be heard as doors where broken open. The royal guard took out a blade meant for his bayonet.
"What are you doing?" the Emperor asked. "MY last order is for you to stand-" The guard turned and plunged the blade into the chest of the Emperor. "LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE! ALL HAIL JOHN WILLIAMS THE SECOND!" he shouted. The Emperor looked at his chest before falling to his knees.
"You... Damn all of you. Damn..." the man stampered, blood stained his uniform. "Dear God, the Empire is burning!." He collapsed to the floor with a muffled sound. The footsteps where now in the room. "STAND DOWN!" one of the men shouted.
"Long live the King! Long live the Empi-" a bullet tore through his heart, killing him instantly. The man fell the the ground on top of the man he swore to protect. Red blood poured out of the two corpses, staining the floor for all of eternity.

Portville:

"THEY DID WHAT!" Johnathan Michel yelled at the messenger. "THE DUMA! FRACK THEM!" he raged, throwing papers over the room. "The Soviets are going to fill the void! Get the merchants together and... Frack!" The man walked over to the balcony and put his hands on the rails. "Send a message to Admiral Glastove in Jamestown. Tell him i want the eggs in their basket." The messenger looked lost. He went to find words but they never came. "I SAID DO IT! And as for the Duma we will rebuild it. Get riders to the closest towns and telegraph those past Jamestown. We are not getting past that city, nor Agria. Agria is in revolt. Therefor i need a navy and i need the militias to get their act together. These are all orders!" The messenger only could nod and left.

The Battle of Leo's Pass:

His Grace's Army marched north at nearly 75 miles a day, three days pace to storming Jamestown. At this rate however they were no match for telegram. News of the army spread north, bringing the locals to arms. In the small town of Leoo, on the river Leo, was struggling in the harsh winter with little food. The river was frozen over, however not enough to skate, let alone walk. For days the male citizens have heard news of the army massing in the south, and thus called out to the surrounding town and their soviets to ask for manpower. The town was often busy and a prime location for the travel north, with a large bridge in the center of the village. By mid day, after the snow broke, the Communists where dug in on the north of the river. His Grace's Army, unaware of the impending attack, marched north.

The first ambush was at noon, when on the south side of the town a group of Marxists fired upon the forward column of the royalist force. From the woods they where hard to see, let alone fire back on. For half an hour the army was tangled in its first engagement, slowly taking losses. Finally the second column arrived, forcing the Communists back to the north side of town, fleeing over the bridge into friendly lines. Once again they waited until the loyalists where just about to cross the bridge before firing up on them. In shock the loyalists retreated.

By two the sun was breaking through the clouds. The loyalists returned to try to make an effort to cross the bridge before the rest of the army arrived. Lacking heavy guns the line infinity would try again to push across the bridge. Their effort to cross stained the ice and snow with blood as row and row of men where cut down with bullets. In vain the Sargent ordered men to try to cross downstream on ice. The group met success until they were half way from their goal, reaching the other side of the river. The ice gave way. An entire platoon of men where swallowed up by the ice. As the sun began to set the Communists took a pause in the action to crawl across the bridge that the Loyalists abandoned. As the loyalists ate the rebels pounced on their foe, driving them back. By midnight the rest of the army was informed of the fighting. The new king enraged.
Jamestown Journal

SuperFruitland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SuperFruitland » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:03 am

As the sun rose in the eastern sky over the nation of SuperFruitLand, people all over the Western Provinces awoke to hear the news. Hurricane Hengil had nearly wiped the city of Orangestad off the map. Thousands dead, and almost all of the buildings in the city wiped out. Then, the hellish storm swept through the Farmlands, killing the main food supply for the entire nation. The President of SuperFruitLand, Anna Banana, made a televised statement. "Our nation is in dire need of assistance from others willing to send aid. As of 12 am local time, I have declared a state of emergency. More than a thousand people are reported dead in our Southern Province, and many hundreds more are feared missing because of the destructive power of Hurricane Hengil. This is a day, the day where we Fruitlanders need to bond over this major disaster. There may be rationing, there may be famine, but we are Fruitlanders, and we are strong! We must persevere through the hardest of times, and we must live through the danger and peril that Mother Nature, that fine *****, will send to our nation. We will survive."

As Anna Banana went back to the Presidential Office to plan the set of telegrams to be sent to other nations, she thought carefully. In these times of war in other nations, with our nation vulnerable to attack, this is when I should have focused more on making international friends....
Official Government Telegram
To: The Federal Republic of Aznazia
Message: In our dire times of need, we see that Aznazia is a major power able of assisting us in this desperate crisis. We request that Aznazia send food and medical aid to the port of Banana Town, and in return, when the nation has returned to its normal state, that the nation of SuperFruitLand pay however many FruitLand Dollars to the nation of Aznazia until said amount reaches the value of the food and medical aid.
Sincerely,
President Anna Banana
The Farmer's Republic of SuperFruitLand

Anna desperately hoped that Aznazia accepted their request. Many in the government knew how unstable the farming provinces could be. If the crops were destroyed, so were the livelihoods and income of over 5 million people working in the Farmlands. The unemployment rate was expected to rise massively, but the President knew that she had done her very best for the nation, and that what may happen next would be out of her control. She just had to hope, and to pray, that the nation of SuperFruitLand would continue to be.

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:37 am

The city of Detroit was how it would look still a century later - crime ridden, a warzone. If you stayed in Downtown Detroit it seemed much safer than simply walking in the less industrialized, crime ridden neighborhoods of Detroit. The neighborhoods had been victims of countless arson and burglaries, due to the food riots in past years. Detroit, once a dream city, was now full of criminals in the general populace. Along the streets there were countless gangs, including the most infamous of all - The Rusty Oasis, or the RO.

Nobody knew where they operated, but everyone in Detroit knew one thing - they were the most strategic, dangerous gang in the world. If you lived in Detroit, it would be foolish to leave your candles off at night or leaving windows or doors open. If you did, the Rusty Oasis would surely have done something to your property, whether it be blazing arson or armed burglary. The Black Oasis had shown its dominance over the city; and was looking for more targets - across the world.

Somewhere in Detroit
"Yo, boss, we got some issues," muttered a short man in a traditional western outfit. He was chewing on something that smelled 100 years old. They were in an dark alley that smelled like sewer water. It was one of the many locations Rusty Oasis and other gangs would hang out.

"What," replied the much taller man, who was sitting in a stolen velvet chair with a pistol in his hand. He was enjoying the cool breeze, something hardly anyone in a gang had time to do. "This better not ruin my night."

The shorter man spoke up quietly. "Well, the appear says that Detroit police forces are recruiting again. Looks like we have to blow up the police station, again." He paused for a response from the taller man. The taller man nodded slowly, thinking of a bloody plan to destroy it once and for all. "Keep going."

Relieved that he was not angered, the man continued. "I also heard that the reds now control eastern downtown," he said and sighed. "Which is the most busy." he added.

The taller man clenched his fists, his facing turning to a rose red. He swore under his breath, than muttered, "I want the entire gang to meet up at the bar. We need to reclaim the slums of eastern downtown." He sat back in his chair, already planning a vicious arson of downtown.

"Yes sir!" replied the shorter man. He strormed off, running into the cool air of Detroit.
Visit Sunalaya!

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:24 am

Endeavor City, Capital of the Empire of Aznazia
November 5th, 1890
High Council Cambers

The seven men of the Aznazian high council were seated at the round table deciding how to respond to the Caldonian military gathering militia to fight Aznazia.

"...Therefore we must continue the assault against the Caldonians. I ask the council to mobilize the military since the Caldonian military has reached numbers doubling our own. " Stated Council man Steward as he once again took his seat.

Councilman Whitemore who was leading the meeting that day stood up. "All those in favor of mobilizing the military please vote on your papers now." Once all the ballots were turned in the votes were counted. "The vote to mobilize Aznazia has passed. now we move onto our next topic, the letter from Havnarfjordur."

Havnarfjordur wrote:
To: the Empire of Aznazia
Through the years we have recognized that your vast and prosperous empire has grown economically and has seen massive economic and population growth and we are truly in awe of your nation's achievements and strong economy, therefore, we request 10,000,000 Havnarfjordur Kroners for a massive Urban revitalization project of our nation's capital city of Songford. In exchange for this vast amount of money, we will give you a considerable plot of land near Songford that your nation may administer, control, and develop until 1924, when you must give it back to us.
Sincerely,
His majesty King Leo of Havnarfjordur

Councilman Franklin looked at his copy of the letter and chuckled. "It is almost pitiful that nations must sell cities to us to pay for their expenses. These seem like a people that we can use." He said

"I agree with your Franklin" replied Councilman Troklin. "They are weak, but they have large areas of valuable resources that we could control if we turn this city into a economic powerhouse. Besides the money they want for that city is almost nothing to us. If anything the is Rhodeve who should own the city since it is their money we will be using." he said with a grin on his face.

"I say that we move to accept this offer so that we may station vessels in the harbor and create another economic zone to grow our economic empire. Gentlemen cast your votes." Stated councilman Whitemore. After the vote passed they wrote out a letter.

To: His majesty King Leo of Havnarfjordur

We thank you for your kind words about our great nation. The High Council has agreed to pay you the 10 million Kroners for the plot of land near your capital. We plan on setting up a harbor and economic hub at th location that you have given us. We hope that it will grow as large as your capital and will be a great gift when we finally return it to you.

Sincerely,
The Aznazian High Council

SuperFruitLand wrote:
Official Government Telegram
To: The Federal Republic of Aznazia
Message: In our dire times of need, we see that Aznazia is a major power able of assisting us in this desperate crisis. We request that Aznazia send food and medical aid to the port of Banana Town, and in return, when the nation has returned to its normal state, that the nation of SuperFruitLand pay however many FruitLand Dollars to the nation of Aznazia until said amount reaches the value of the food and medical aid.
Sincerely,
President Anna Banana
The Farmer's Republic of SuperFruitLand

Moving on to the next issue the Council wrote a letter in response to the "Fruit land".

"They seem quite weak and they have not offered anything in advance for our "services". Stated the old Councilman Jeremy

Councilman Franklin agreed by stating "At least the King of Havnarfjordur was in control of his people. These people of the "fruit lands" or what ever they are called are poor, weak, and seem ripe for a communist revolution. We can not support a nation that will become communist!"

"But what if our support turns them against communistic ideas." Relpied Councilman Herrington. "If we give them the supplies then maybe we could manipulate their President. However me must demand that they must offer something up for our services before we send aid, money does not grow on tree like their fruit does."

Everyone laughed at the last line but quickly voted to help SuperFruitLand under one condition

To: President Anna Banana

We understand your dire position. Aznazians were once weak and afraid of the famine of 1802. However we have grown be one of the largest powers of Sunalaya. The High Coucnil has voted to accept your plead for aid, however you must first pay use something in advance. We ask that you turn ownership of any metals and wood over to Aznazia. You only need food and medical equipment so we expect that you will not be undertaking any large industrial projects. The wood and iron will be brought to Aznazia to fuel our economy. However as a token of goodness, we will send you half of all the iron we took back to your nation as steel using our blast furnaces in Aznaiza. If you refuse to turn over your wood and metal, then we will take the ownership of your largest city as payment. We will station our naval forces in the city to protect you and pay the expenses of the city.

We await your response

Sincerely,

November 5th, 1890
1112 hrs
45 miles inside of Caldonia
3rd Imperial Aznazian Region
Colonel Maxwell Coleman

After taking El Sanjanto on the first day the Aznazian military pushed westward into the Caldonian interior. Heavy fighting had been occurring the night before to the north west of the 3rd legion between the 17th infantry Regiment and over 7,000 Caldonian Marxist militia. However today the militia had pulled back to where it would protect the town of San Hustanio. Conlonel Maxwell was ordered to take the town with his Legion backed up by the 37th Infantry Regiment and artillery support of the 9th Artillary Company.

The men once again charged into the line of fire but had the help of horse drawn wagons carrying M1883 machine guns (Colt potato digger) to support their assault. Once again Maxwell used his M1887 (Mauser C96) to good effect by killing 2 militia who had hidden in a cave near his location. The town was taken by night fall because the militia had retreated westward where the Caldonian People's home Army was being formed to defend the marxist nation. However the Aznazian commanders did not know this and as a result they ordered the troops to stop for the night. It would be a mistake the Aznazian commanders would regret.

The Colony of Corwen (Oblaren)
Governor's Mansion
November 5th, 1890

Governor James Dennie had been appointed governor of the new colony of Corwen after Aznazia had acquired the territory from Rhodevus in the 1840's. He was free to set taxes and had full control over the island territories and the miltiary forces stationed on it. However today was very different. He had allowed the Corwen people to chose their laws and gav ethem more freedoms then the High Council would have liked. The Corwen people had been calling for lower taxes on Aznazian goods because they were a colony. However the High Council wanted to force them to ask for admittance into the Empire so they could have full control over them. The Corwen people refused every time they were asked. To try and "persuade" the Cowen colonists to join Aznazia, taxes were increased every time they denied admission into the nation. As a result non official representatives of Corwen had begun to meet to discuss these issues. At first Governor Dennie had allowed it believing that they were debating joining Aznazia and sent his own representatives to talk at the meetings. However the High Council had grown fearful that these representatives might one day be seen as legitimate rulers by the people of Corwen. They also feared that they might be influenced by socialist ideas since Hannes Camours was a man speaking of equality for the Oblarenites across Aznaiza. Today Governor Dennie recieved a telegram from the High Council demanding the arrest of the non-offical representatives.

500 Aznazian Colonial troops were gathered from the city of Ft. Klamat and ordered to arrest the members of the Corwen (Oblaren) representatives. They began their march at 1300 hrs towards Seiena where the meeting was being held with 2 wagons to carry the prisoners in cuffs. As they marched straight down the main road but did not suspect that spies might be watching their movement.
Last edited by Aznazia on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SuperFruitland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SuperFruitland » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Government House, Banana Town, SuperFruitLand
Anna Banana sat in her Presidential Office, looking out of the windows at the setting winter sun. She had been anxiously waiting for the telegram from the Aznazian government to arrive. There had been reports of a few demonstrations in Farmelia, the main city of the Farmlands and the market for all crops grown in the area, about the supposed "government mismanagement of the Farmlands." That was all lies. Previous presidents may have not really done much with the Farmlands, apart from let people farm, but Anna Banana was one of the known presidents who had cared and known what the Farmlands were to the nation. Many in the northern, partly industrialized cities of Elkin and Sotherby called on the government to stamp down on traditional farming and move to processing factories, as so to industrialize the nation. Anna Banana, as many were incorrect in believing, knew a lot about industrialization. Other nations in the area had factories and such, but those nations tended to have a "communist revolution." The news had recently featured an article on the revolution in the United Soviet Jason Republic, which had caused many people to die and the such. Anna Banana wanted to keep the farming cultures and heritage of SuperFruitLand in the loop, so to speak, and keep out factories until the nation was ready for it. As she contemplated this, a knock on the door came. A civil servant came in, with the news. "It's for you, Ms. President. From the High Council of Aznazia." "Thank you, for this." replied Anna. She had always been told to have manners, and she used them even in executive positions. She read the telegram.
To: President Anna Banana

We understand your dire position. Aznazians were once weak and afraid of the famine of 1802. However we have grown be one of the largest powers of Sunalaya. The High Coucnil has voted to accept your plead for aid, however you must first pay use something in advance. We ask that you turn ownership of any metals and wood over to Aznazia. You only need food and medical equipment so we expect that you will not be undertaking any large industrial projects. The wood and iron will be brought to Aznazia to fuel our economy. However as a token of goodness, we will send you half of all the iron we took back to your nation as steel using our blast furnaces in Aznaiza. If you refuse to turn over your wood and metal, then we will take the ownership of your largest city as payment. We will station our naval forces in the city to protect you and pay the expenses of the city.

We await your response

Sincerely,

All of the wood and metals? That was a preposterous request. The nation's builders needed that for the rebuilding of Orangestad, right? She then had a thought. We don't need to give all our current wood and metals! We have Merotil Island!
Merotil Island was an island that the FruitLandian government had discovered around a decade ago. It was a reasonably small island, but within it was dense forest and rich metal deposits. Anna Banana started on the telegram. She wrote about Merotil Island, and how it would be permanently given to Aznazia without condition, as payment for the food and medical aid. She thought...[i]Those greedy industrialized bastards in Aznazia would like that island. They could rip it apart for its resources and pollute the air with soot from the mines. Good thing we don't have sea breezes from the south, where then our citizens might breath that soot.
The telegram would never reach the Aznazian High Council.
1 mile south of Banana Town, SuperFruitLand
Reverend Canaan Banana looked over his crowd. These were the people that the Reverend would lead against the government. He had that leadership quality about him, that thing that made everybody trust his word unconditionally. People asked if he was related to that blasted President, Anna Banana. He always replied with, "I am not, and never would like to be." He was a preacher of the Church of Progress, a church founded on anti-farming, pro-industrialization policies. The Church of Progress had been slowly planning, planning the day when Anna Banana and her anti-factory policies was thrown out of office, and a sensible leader was chosen for the nation. The Reverend was one of the main leaders of the Church of Progress, and he was chosen to be in charge of the Banana Towns, the sector with the largest amount of people. 100,000 people had been accepted to the Church of Progress, and those 100,000 people were in an auditorium, sitting in front of him. He started to address the group. "My fellow worshippers! Today we march! March to bring down the President! We must storm the city with our rifles! They may be old, but we, the people of the Church of Progress, have the POWER OF THE LORD WITH US!!!!!"
The speech prompted a loud "Hurrah!" from the assembled crowd, who promptly went towards the road, the road to Banana Town. The sabotage group of 100 men who formerly worked for the government had already done their job, and had cut off the telegraph lines to and from Banana Town in all directions.
One hour later...
As the regiments of the Church came in formation, down the road, people saw them. They saw them chanting, "We are the Church and we will win! We are the Church and we will win!" The commoners, being sensible, stared warily from their homes. They knew what the Church was here to do. It wasn't going to be pretty, that was for sure.
The government had been alerted that the Church of Progress was marching towards Government House. The President's Militia, as it had been called, was formed out of the 5,000 policemen and soldiers who were available in the nation. They were formed up in the approach to Government House. The commander of the troops, Gerhard Belezinger, told his troops to "fire when fired upon, but when fired upon, release all hell upon the enemies." Finally, the Church regiments marched to see the militia. They formed up, and readied to fire. Reverend Canaan Banana leading his troops from the back with a bullhorn. He blew the horn, telling his troops to fire upon the militia. The militia in turn, fired back upon the Church troops, cutting them down with the one machinegun that they had enplaced upon a rooftop. The battle raged for about 10 minutes, just men, senselessly firing upon one another. When the smoke had cleared, the result was obvious. All of the militia had been wiped out, with 15,000 dead for the Church regiments. The surviving Church troops marched on, leaving their wounded comrades to die in the cold night air. Then, the Church troops reached Government House. A lone horse-drawn cannon had been brought behind the whole army, and now it was to come to use. The cannon shot large cannonballs into Government House whilst troops surrounded the building, and within a minute of bombardment a white shirt had been raised out of the window. Troops marched into the building, finding and arresting the President and the Chief of Staff in the Presidential Office. Reverend Canaan Banana entered the room, and saw the President and Chief of Staff tied to chairs. Taking out his trusty shotgun, he said, "Ms. President, you have been deposed." He promptly shot both in the head, and ordered their bodies to be dumped into the port. Reverend Canaan Banana was ready to take his spot as the leader of the nation, in the first uprising in the nation's history.
Pearakin, SuperFruitLand, the next day
A lone rider rode up to the Telegram Office in the city of Pearakin, far north of Banana Town. "The president has been killed! The president has been killed!" he cried out, for all to hear. Telegrams were sent to the governors of all the cities in SuperFruitLand, telling that Reverend Canaan Banana of the Church of Progress was their new leaders. This was news. Really, really bad news, for the nation of SuperFruitLand.
Banana Town, SuperFruitLand
Reverend Canaan Banana's first act as the new leader of SuperFruitLand was to send a telegram reply to the leadership of Aznazia. He had read the previous sent telegrams, and had found a fitting reply.
Telegram - Official
To: The High Council of the Empire of Aznazia
I am the new leader of SuperFruitLand, having overthrown the previous, anti-progress, pro-crastination leader Anna Banana. I have read the previous telegram sent by your fine government, and have a deal to make.
Merotil Island, the only SuperFruitLand territory outside of the mainland, will be sold to your nation in return for the food and aid. Merotil Island is rich in resources such as the specified metals and wood required by your nation. I, as new leader, am planning a large-scale industrialization of the nation, so I would like to send a non-agression pact, a pact of friendship between our two nations.
Sincerely,
Reverend Canaan Banana
The Republic of SuperFruitLand

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:31 pm

The Fields of Agria:

For days the Democrats and Monarchists have fought over the rolling hills and fertile lands to the north of Agria. The conflict in the harsh cold winter was a stalemate. The first attempts for the Democrats to seize food supplies was met with minimal success at great cost to life. The Monarchs, well trained and with modern gear where able to repel the Democrats from the farm houses and villages between the rolling hills. However the constant fighting wore down their supplies. Skirmishes where small and decided on who could outlast their opponent.

Portville Road:

For weeks the road hasn't been traveled by civilians, but instead troves of military men off to fight for high ideals. They marched through the snow during the day and huddled for the meager warmth of fires by night. On the day that the Marxist and Democratic forces met a blizzard make the use of heavy equipment impossible. The two sides slowly were bogged down in dull, repetitive and useless skirmishes along the road leading between Jamestown and Portville. In Jamestown a group of ships slowly left port, one by one. They reported to be under orders to attack the Democrats. In reality they were defecting. Under the cover of darkness some of the ships left the main convey. By dawn they struck the ships still royal to the Marxists of Jamestown.

Caprica:

Bands of untrained men, who answered the call to battle, began a campaign of stalemate guerrilla warfare against Royalist forces whom occupied the territory to their north. Close to the sea the Loyalists where able to call up on bombardments from the coast, and used artillery to attack their foe. However it was to no avail. In any big engagements the Marxists would route, but in the woods of the south the Royalists could be picked off slowly. No break was made in the fighting.
Jamestown Journal

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents