NATION

PASSWORD

Great Astyrian War (OOC/Planning - Closed to region)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 am

Neu Engollon wrote:We still all on board here? I may get this rolling this week.

Please no...

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:51 am

Nikolia wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:We still all on board here? I may get this rolling this week.

Please no...

Nik, Relax!
I'm just going to do up the OP and start things off, you don't have to post right away. I'm sure it will stretch out for 2-3 RL weeks before everyone gets their starting posts up.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:03 am

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:I didn't even think of that! Perhaps once the war starts and Expo gets involved they will send forces into Cuivre. A little ol fashioned jungle fighting!

Exactly, that's what I was thinking. Some fighting on the border of the colony in the jungle. We will have to figure it out, because even if Gaul doesn't win there, they don't lose, because Cuivre still stays a colony of theirs until the 60's.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:54 am

Notice that I've edited this in from the OSF: viewtopic.php?p=20319989#p20319989
Neither orbats or kit lists are required for GAW1, but they're fun.
My Factbook

ViZion
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Key weapons in ViZion during the GAW1. Many older pieces, a few "modern" for the time pieces.

Machine Guns
M1917 Browning machine gun
Bergmann MG15

Hand Guns
M1911 pistol
M1917 revolver
Type 26 revolver

Shot Guns
Winchester Model 1912

Rifle
Magazine Lee-Enfield Mk I
Fusil Gras Modèle 1874 M80

Specialty
Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr (anti-armored)
MG18 TuF (anti-armored/air)
Grossflammenwerfer (heavy flamethrower)
Kleinflammenwerfer (portable flamethrower)

Aircraft
Nieuport 28
SPAD S XIII
Albatros D-III Oeffag Series 253
Fokker Dr.I Jasta 26

Armored Vehicles
Büssing A5P
Medium Mark C Hornet
Mark IX tank
Garford-Putilov Armoured Car
Renault FT

Navy
Bellerophon-class battleship
Rattlesnake torpedo boat
Kotaka torpedo boat
Dryad-class torpedo gunboat
Wakamiya carrier
Lexington-class battlecruiser
Plunger class sub
R-class sub
Courageous-class aircraft carrier
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Engollon, although Jarridia is obviously not able to participate, put us as our own alliance - the ViZo-Jaro Alliance. I may tag onto another alliance, too - that time in our history, we were much more involved in others affairs than we are now. I just don't know yet where I want to take this RP from a ViZionarian stand-point, or how much I can participate.

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:40 am

ViZion wrote:Engollon, although Jarridia is obviously not able to participate, put us as our own alliance - the ViZo-Jaro Alliance. I may tag onto another alliance, too - that time in our history, we were much more involved in others affairs than we are now. I just don't know yet where I want to take this RP from a ViZionarian stand-point, or how much I can participate.

I understand. What was the official name of ViZion at that time? and also do you know what Jarridia was called then?
Let me know when you can. I will edit later tonight, as I have some other stuff I want to edit into the OP and Arms post, too.
My Factbook

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
ViZion wrote:Engollon, although Jarridia is obviously not able to participate, put us as our own alliance - the ViZo-Jaro Alliance. I may tag onto another alliance, too - that time in our history, we were much more involved in others affairs than we are now. I just don't know yet where I want to take this RP from a ViZionarian stand-point, or how much I can participate.

I understand. What was the official name of ViZion at that time? and also do you know what Jarridia was called then?
Let me know when you can. I will edit later tonight, as I have some other stuff I want to edit into the OP and Arms post, too.

At that time, I'm not precisely sure what Jarridia's full official national name is (besides Jarridia) - though I presume it to be the same as it currently is.

ViZion was known as the Republic of ViZion at the time.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Byzantine Stratocracy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Stratocracy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:18 am

I will be helping Nikolia in this war. ORBAT coming soon.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011

Postby Aquitayne » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:08 pm

I'll have something more later on, but I'm calling this as the standard issue rifle for all Aquitaynians at the time: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=106309
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Aquitayne wrote:I'll have something more later on, but I'm calling this as the standard issue rifle for all Aquitaynians at the time: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=106309

Nice, I was looking all over for PT NS arms.
My Factbook

Nikolia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Nik, is your nation using that, or are you just showing me a cool rifle?

Oh, and...
Neu Engollon wrote:NORTHERN POWERS

[spoiler=Duchy of Glisandia]GLISANDIAN ROYAL ARMY Ca. 1920

Infantry
Rifle: GMOND
Bayonet: GMond Spade bayonet
A Franco-cultured nation that speaks a dialect of French, and shares some persons and characteristics with our dimension's France, but retained the name of the barbarian tribes that ranged most of that area.

Haguenau
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Haguenau » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:17 am

Tagging~
The Federate Duchies of Haguenau (fr: Duchés Fédérés d'Haguenau):
Head of State: King Stephen II (fr: Roi Étienne II) - House of Léonide
Political System: Elective Monarchy
Economic System: Mixed Neomercantilism
IIwiki page

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 am

Nik,

I've been meaning to talk to you and haven't connected up in the last couple days. We have to figure out the opening spark in a little more detail. As it stands right now, it doesn't make sense that the assassination of your prince will happen in Noordenstaat, but you will remain neutral and not react, only getting reluctantly dragged into the conflict later. In order for that event to be the casus belli, Nikolia would probably be involved immediately and at ground zero. Otherwise, that just can't be the opening event. It makes no sense for other nations to be more outraged than you about one of your royals being killed and go to war over that, with you sitting on the sidelines.

I'm working on the OP, and that part isn't crucial, but it would be nice to get it worked out as I think its holding up a lot of things as to who can work out their canon and where their allegiances lie.
A Franco-cultured nation that speaks a dialect of French, and shares some persons and characteristics with our dimension's France, but retained the name of the barbarian tribes that ranged most of that area.

Nikolia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:24 am

Terre des Gaules wrote:Nik,

I've been meaning to talk to you and haven't connected up in the last couple days. We have to figure out the opening spark in a little more detail. As it stands right now, it doesn't make sense that the assassination of your prince will happen in Noordenstaat, but you will remain neutral and not react, only getting reluctantly dragged into the conflict later. In order for that event to be the casus belli, Nikolia would probably be involved immediately and at ground zero. Otherwise, that just can't be the opening event. It makes no sense for other nations to be more outraged than you about one of your royals being killed and go to war over that, with you sitting on the sidelines.

I'm working on the OP, and that part isn't crucial, but it would be nice to get it worked out as I think its holding up a lot of things as to who can work out their canon and where their allegiances lie.

Thats totally not the case....Nikolia would attack Noordenstaat IMMEDIATELY. I don't see where did i said that i will be standing still when my Prince is killed. That makes no sense at all... And, i've said i'll be like RL Austro-Hungary. They claimed war on Serbia like...two days after the assassination of the Prince Franz.

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:50 am

Nikolia wrote:
Terre des Gaules wrote:Nik,

Thats totally not the case....Nikolia would attack Noordenstaat IMMEDIATELY. I don't see where did i said that i will be standing still when my Prince is killed. That makes no sense at all... And, i've said i'll be like RL Austro-Hungary. They claimed war on Serbia like...two days after the assassination of the Prince Franz.

Or a month after, but you know, same thing :P
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Nikolia wrote:*EDIT: Fhiongair wasn't my colony back then :P So if you can edit that...and put me into neutral for now, Nikolia would later become the member of the Western Powers
My Factbook

Kelonna
Envoy

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelonna » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:13 pm

I think that, back in that time, Kelonna would insta dropout if Nik joined the alliance... They'd be like "Nope... We're going home"

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Kelonna wrote:I think that, back in that time, Kelonna would insta dropout if Nik joined the alliance... They'd be like "Nope... We're going home"

Why?
My Factbook

Nikolia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Nikolia wrote:*EDIT: Fhiongair wasn't my colony back then :P So if you can edit that...and put me into neutral for now, Nikolia would later become the member of the Western Powers

Yeah thats correct, but that doesn't mean i wont be in a war with Noordenstaat. Firstly i'll declare war on Noordenstaat, start the conflict on my own, then later i will become member of the Western Powers

Kelonna wrote:I think that, back in that time, Kelonna would insta dropout if Nik joined the alliance... They'd be like "Nope... We're going home"

Wait, what? And why?

Kelonna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelonna » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Because I feel like there is a great rivalry, or enimosity between the two countries...

Nikolia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Kelonna wrote:Because I feel like there is a great rivalry, or enimosity between the two countries...

Lol why would you think of that?

Kelonna
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelonna » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Dunno... Just feel like the UK and Germany
Last edited by Kelonna on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikolia
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Kelonna wrote:Dunno... Just feel like the UK and Germany

OK but i am Germany :P (But not nazi stuff...just awesome technology :D)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents