NATION

PASSWORD

Great Astyrian War (OOC/Planning - Closed to region)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Nikolia wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:

Yeah thats correct, but that doesn't mean i wont be in a war with Noordenstaat. Firstly i'll declare war on Noordenstaat, start the conflict on my own, then later i will become member of the Western Powers

No. that still makes no sense and really leaves the RP in a lurch. We're looking for a casus belli for the GREAT war, not for the Nikolian-Noord war.
Part of what would make this work is nations being dragged into war due to alliances, sort of like every cataclysmic war of the 20th century.

I think that Gaul will not be allied with Nikolia after all. Also, Kelonna, Nik never said he was remotely like Germany. I don't understand where that's coming from. Russia or Serbia, or even Austro-Hungary, maybe, but not Germany. While some of us have chosen to RP similar to nations of that era, we are ultimately NS nations. You don't have to have the same ethnic rivalries. You don't have to do the same exact actions as a RL WW1 nation, right when they did it. Really, we're just doing a PT era war with some similarities to that conflict.
To be clear though, I just don't think this RP will work if we don't have at least a couple strong alliances from the beginning.

I may rethink even doing this now. I can't believe how much effort I've put into arms and orbats for this. Can't we just get together here as a region and make a logical flowing RP?
A Franco-cultured nation that speaks a dialect of French, and shares some persons and characteristics with our dimension's France, but retained the name of the barbarian tribes that ranged most of that area.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 am

I agree with Ngol on this, totally.

Also, BC, I figure you and I will have a conflict going that will drag either of us into one of the two powers; what say you?
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:20 am

Well okay then... I must concur

Kelonna
Envoy

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelonna » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:41 am

No, no, no... I meant that the relations between Kelonna and Nikolia felt like the relations Germany and the UK had at that time... Like, a fierce rivalry because they were both large nations on the same part of the world, both having pretty large armies etc. etc...

Also, if it will help, I'll just drop out... My RP is crap anyway

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 am

Kelonna wrote:No, no, no... I meant that the relations between Kelonna and Nikolia felt like the relations Germany and the UK had at that time... Like, a fierce rivalry because they were both large nations on the same part of the world, both having pretty large armies etc. etc...

Also, if it will help, I'll just drop out... My RP is crap anyway

I don't know that it will help, no. I don't think your RP is crap. You should get a chance and you put your work in too. If you think its crap, maybe this is a good opportunity to hone your skills.

Maybe we should just try to figure this out. You do have a point with sub-regional rivalry due to size and proximity, although, there are 2-3 big powers inbetween, like the Dangish, Aurelians and GHawkins, that that argument could also be made for.
So, maybe, you two need to find different alliances, like one of you goes to Northern, and the other Western.
It might make more sense for Nikolia to actually be on the Northern Powers, and Noord be trying to swing to the West. But really at this point, I don't care. We can make anything work if we use a little imagination.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:18 am

Riysa is pretty much going to be the Ottoman Empire here; although considering the discussions going around and whatnot, I'm not sure if I'd be with the Northern Powers or a Neutral. Although, more likely than not, if Nik's a Northern, I'd stick with Northern.
Last edited by Riysa on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scottopian Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scottopian Isles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 pm

The timing lines up with my history, the Scottopian Isles is sort of like Spain during this era...

Originally, the Royal CommonWeath of Scottopian Isles will remain neutral in the war, but a rebel force(Republicans/Reds), taking advantage of current Astyrian events and hoping for foreign assistance revolts against the monarchy wishing for its demise. The rebels seize Urquhart, which was Scottopian former capitol, and other cities forcing the King and his forces(Loyalists/Blues) to flee city but still wage a war for control in the countryside. I'm sure either alliance will be willing to assist either side, but things will erupt further as a few territorial forces(Nationalists/Whites) across the CommonWealth rise up for their own autonomy.
Last edited by Scottopian Isles on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal CommonWealth of Scottopian Isles
Proud member of Astyria, East Astyrian Treaty Organization & the World Assembly
Capitol: Scottopia CityRoyal Cities: MacKenzie City, Port Elisabeth, Urquhart
Major Cities: Cappielow City, Davanzas, East Kilbride, Kamehameha, Milpitas Bay, New Greenock
Heads of State: King Scott James & Queen ElisabethPrime Minister: Brian P. Beahm
Government: Consitutional MonarchyCurrency: Scot §2.7015=NS$1Population: 56 MillionArea: 95,617 sq mi

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:00 pm

So, this is the current layout of Aquitaynian involvement (pending BC's approval, as we haven't had the opportunity to speak):

• Support for Gaul with Artillery and possibly Advisers
  • Possible Aquitaynian Regiments fighting in Gaul uniforms against BC in Cote de Cuivre
  • Large Proxy war against BC in Symphonia for Symphonia's Independence after BC colonization
  • Formation of the Legion
  • Maybe something else I've forgotten
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 am

Aquitayne wrote:So, this is the current layout of Aquitaynian involvement (pending BC's approval, as we haven't had the opportunity to speak):

• Possible Aquitaynian Regiments fighting in Gaul uniforms against BC in Cote de Cuivre
  • Large Proxy war against BC in Symphonia for Symphonia's Independence after BC colonization

AQ, you might wanna look over the part about BC being my colonial master. My history can't incorporate that. :/
AFN Foreign Policy
Symphonia
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:00 am

Empire of Symphonia wrote:
Aquitayne wrote:So, this is the current layout of Aquitaynian involvement (pending BC's approval, as we haven't had the opportunity to speak):

AQ, you might wanna look over the part about BC being my colonial master. My history can't incorporate that. :/
AFN Foreign Policy
Symphonia

Alright, well how about an invasion, then?

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:50 pm

Working on a post. At this point, we should just get some posts up, no need to get too elaborate. I think the more we post, the more that will rise up in our minds to post.
A Franco-cultured nation that speaks a dialect of French, and shares some persons and characteristics with our dimension's France, but retained the name of the barbarian tribes that ranged most of that area.

Haguenau
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Haguenau » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:30 pm

I've been chatting with NGol recently, and an idea has cropped that I feel is worthy of being divulged to members of this RP (and of being committed somewhere I know I won't lose). A league, currently dubbed "Société des Mondes Gaulois" (League of Gaulic Realms), would be founded in Haguenau some time before GAW (perhaps as a precursor, much like the Ententes of WWI). Its members would be nations of Gaulic (French) origin. We haven't decided if this will take shape of a military pact or not, but it mostly likely will in some way make all its members involved in GAW.

Confirmed GAW-era Members: Haguenau, Étlaurlande, Terre des Gaules,
Confirmed GAW-era Observers: Cote de Cuivre, Prudenesia
Potential GAW-era Members/Observers (pending discussion with owner): Kamalbia, Terra Azure

As you can guess, this is still very much a work in progress. We haven't ironed out the core function of the league nor if it will survive to this day (and if so, what function it would have now).
If anyone has any suggestions or questions to throw at us, or if we've somehow overlooked a French nation, feel free to let us know.
The Federate Duchies of Haguenau (fr: Duchés Fédérés d'Haguenau):
Head of State: King Stephen II (fr: Roi Étienne II) - House of Léonide
Political System: Elective Monarchy
Economic System: Mixed Neomercantilism
IIwiki page

Trellin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:11 pm

I just realised that Txekrikar (neighbour to Andamonia) is only a client-state of Trellin during GAW, so it's totally free to partake in the war. It has some irredentist ambitions against Andamonia (which can't be resolved until the Trophy Wars) the way my canon currently stands, but I can easily get it involved by moving the Andamonian invasion of the Usmalím into the 1920s instead.

EDIT: Here's what IRC has developed so far:

War breaks out up north. Andamonia, for reasons as yet undecided, is allied with the Northern Powers. It wants to help out but there's no one nearer than Étlaurlande (Haguenau) it can fight. Trellin controls the Straits of Jajich and refuses to allow them to be used by either bloc.

Trellin is in isolation and unaligned. Trellin's protectorates at this point are Arimathea, Azmir and Kur'zhet. Its client states (next level below protectorate) are Cadenza and Txekrikar.

An airship from GHawkins, with plenty of Arimathean citizens on board, gets shot down en route to Étlaurlande. GH declares war on the Northern Powers. Arimathea is allied with GH and so joins in on its side. Txekrikar is allied with Arimathea so it also joins in. The rest of the protectorates and clients opt out of this war.

Andamonia sees someone it can handle and get at finally in the war. It launches a massive invasion of Txekrikar. Over the course of the war the eastern region of Txekrikar, the Usmalím, gets occupied and remains so until the end.
Last edited by Trellin on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Trellin wrote:I just realised that Txekrikar (neighbour to Andamonia) is only a client-state of Trellin during GAW, so it's totally free to partake in the war. It has some irredentist ambitions against Andamonia (which can't be resolved until the Trophy Wars) the way my canon currently stands, but I can easily get it involved by moving the Andamonian invasion of the Usmalím into the 1920s instead.

EDIT: Here's what IRC has developed so far:

War breaks out up north. Andamonia, for reasons as yet undecided, is allied with the Northern Powers. It wants to help out but there's no one nearer than Étlaurlande (Haguenau) it can fight. Trellin controls the Straits of Jajich and refuses to allow them to be used by either bloc.

Trellin is in isolation and unaligned. Trellin's protectorates at this point are Arimathea, Azmir and Kur'zhet. Its client states (next level below protectorate) are Cadenza and Txekrikar.

An airship from GHawkins, with plenty of Arimathean citizens on board, gets shot down en route to Étlaurlande. GH declares war on the Northern Powers. Arimathea is allied with GH and so joins in on its side. Txekrikar is allied with Arimathea so it also joins in. The rest of the protectorates and clients opt out of this war.

Andamonia sees someone it can handle and get at finally in the war. It launches a massive invasion of Txekrikar. Over the course of the war the eastern region of Txekrikar, the Usmalím, gets occupied and remains so until the end.

Who shot down the airship? Or is that a big mystery, but assumed to be Andamonia?

Anyway, I'm still working and refining posts.
There will be a Lorecian front, in which the Ecossians will drive through Adler into Yellosia, with their Glisandian allies attacking from the west. Gaul will honor a treaty and send aid, and eventually troops. This may happen before the Noordenstaat spark, or after, I haven't decided yet.

As Aquitayne has mentioned, a Cuivran front on Hesperidisia, where BC, then known as the Exponential Empire, will attempt to take Cote d'Cuivre, a Gaul colony, into the fold and away from Gaul. That will be tropical, jungle fighting.

Then, will anything threaten Kamalbia, another Gaul colony? Ar-Raha, of Riysa, is a couple states removed without a direct border, and Andamonia is also just a bit too far away, so I do not know, but there would be a fear, and they would certainly want to protect their ports in Kamalbia, especially Marqueville, as they are a good halfway staging point and trade links to Cuivre and Prudenesia.

Neu Engollon, as I've said, will remain neutral, but I have considered hiring out the Uli-Schwyz, to fill that part of their canon. If I do, I may or may not let them be controlled NPC. They would only be a small regiment at this time, 7-8000 men. Not enough to influence much.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:01 am

Don't forget, Gaul owns Terre Azure at this point too, if I'm not mistaken
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:05 am

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:Don't forget, Gaul owns Terre Azure at this point too, if I'm not mistaken

Actually, we're working that out right now on IRC. Gaul may have given TA to Haguenau, or something to that effect. They may have not had much to do with GAW, though. Still not sure.
My Factbook

Haguenau
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Haguenau » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:02 am

Yeah, it would seem that some time before the GAW (perhaps with the restructuring of Gaul after the Bonapartean shenanigans?), TA fell into the hands of Haguenau. One way or another, TA gets involved in the GAW as a member of the League, only to gain its own independence immediately after the war (thus assuring the rest of its history is unaffected).
The Federate Duchies of Haguenau (fr: Duchés Fédérés d'Haguenau):
Head of State: King Stephen II (fr: Roi Étienne II) - House of Léonide
Political System: Elective Monarchy
Economic System: Mixed Neomercantilism
IIwiki page

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 am

Anyways, from the Rombergian point of view we're a puppet, so has some kind of nominal independence (of course the Glisandians would disagree)

But as a result, I would like for us to use the Steyr-Mannlicher M1895 rifle as standard issue with Steyr M1912 as pistol.
(as discussed, we'll eventually rebel against Glisandian rule at the end of the war.)
Last edited by Romberg on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Haguenau wrote:Yeah, it would seem that some time before the GAW (perhaps with the restructuring of Gaul after the Bonapartean shenanigans?), TA fell into the hands of Haguenau. One way or another, TA gets involved in the GAW as a member of the League, only to gain its own independence immediately after the war (thus assuring the rest of its history is unaffected).

We have decided that the Gaulic League was established in 1911 in Angoulême, for anyone who cares.

In regards to Terra Azure under Gaul stewardship:
I figure that there would have been a small influx of Gaul settlers from the 18th century to the early 19th Century, to then be taken over by Haguenois settlers as they took over TA. So, there would have been a sort of mingling of Francophone settlers and native tribal population. Terra Azure was land given to settlers broken off from the Kamal crown colony (Kamalbia), in the more fertile NE of the large colony. I figure it would have been run by a council of the landowners, separate from the rest of Kamalbia, at least up until Haguenau took over, then that's up to him how they continued. It's late. I hope that makes sense.

Romberg wrote:Anyways, from the Rombergian point of view we're a puppet, so has some kind of nominal independence (of course the Glisandians would disagree)

But as a result, I would like for us to use the Steyr-Mannlicher M1895 rifle as standard issue with Steyr M1912 as pistol.
(as discussed, we'll eventually rebel against Glisandian rule at the end of the war.)

I will edit this into the Equipment page tomorrow.

Gaveria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveria » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:37 pm

tag
The official IC name is the Allied States of Aurelia
Federal Archives| Characters| Allied States Defense Force| Department of State| Map| ICE| Allied Press
I'll take a dry vodka martini, stirred not shaken. And the names' Frost, Jack Frost.
Big bad mod huffed, and they puffed and they warned me!

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:Who shot down the airship? Or is that a big mystery, but assumed to be Andamonia?

Forgot to reply to this, though it was decided some time back in IRC that yeah, an Andamonian submarine that snuck out through the Straits of Jajich shot down the airship.

EDIT: Also, posting with the wrong account. Oops. :blush:
Last edited by Maltropia on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Arglant
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglant » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:43 am

Here's my equipment...

Infantry
Aircraft
  • Fokker Dr.I; fitted with 4 Vickers Machineguns.

Now, as for Vedrian involvement in the war. Vedria was still an Aquitaynian colony at the time. Their overlords demanded troops, and they gave them. However, the people at home lost faith when more and more casualties were listed, and more and more men were demanded. At one point, they had enough and declared their independance. This will be played in the RP.

Jarridia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2004

Postby Jarridia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:44 am

Is this something that we are still working on? I know that the dates are quite a while ago. I would be interested in participating...
Interested in an Embassy? Click here

Jarro-ViZo Alliance
Factbook
Jarridian International Art and Music Gallery
JLFSI - Jarridian LoneStar First Strike Initiative
Jaquess International
Jarridian Airways
Adanix Motor Company
CKS Freight, Inc

Alertness Level: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
  • Elevated mobilization levels
  • International Monitoring Elevated Level
  • Strategic Forces Mobilized

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:21 am

Jarridia wrote:Is this something that we are still working on? I know that the dates are quite a while ago. I would be interested in participating...

Yeah, we're still going to do it. It got moved to the back burner a bit, but it's still viable. We have done more recent planning, mostly chatter on IRC, which should have been outlined here. My bad.

Here is where we are at so far, that I know about (please feel free to add your nation's situation to the list, fellow Astyrians):

- Andamonia and Trellin move closer to war with a naval incident (MT deja vu anyone?), The Trophy ports are an ongoing sore point

- The Duke of Glisandia is bat shit crazy and decided to invade Yellosia (Modern day YSR), which is ruled by his cousin, Koningur Eirikur I. Nouvel Ecosse is allied with Glisandia, and will be moving forces through Platteisen Adler to invade Yellosia from the north. I have permission from Ecosse to RP this out NPC style, due to his RL situation. Thomaion and Blackhelm Confederacy (Exponential Empire) are potential allies of Glisandia/Northern Powers and may also join in, but are sitting it out right now.

- Noordenstaatian pirates are operating in that bay and disrupting the sea trade of Nikolia, Haguenau and Gaul. Ships are being taken as prizes and merchant crews are being kidnapped. Action will probably be taken soon. Noordenstaat is strongly aligned with Glisandia and the Northern Powers.

- A GHawkins airship may be downed by Andamonia/Northern Powers to bring them into the war on the side of the Western Powers. Downed by a submarine? I can't wait to read this.

- Gaul military forces, some of the largest in Astyria at that time, are mobilizing to come to the aid of both allies, Haguenau and Yellosia, including colonial troops (Prudenesian, Kamalbian, Cuivran and Dachinois).
The Gaul 3rd Foreign Legion Squadron is still hiring, for those who don't want their nation involved in the war, but might want to have fun RPing a pilot character.

- Neu Engollon is non aligned with either the Northern or Western Powers and selling arms and goods to both sides. They will remain neutral, but get embroiled in a nasty border war with the Austrog Empire.

- Other nations are looking to choose sides or stay neutral.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:32 am

Riysa would be suffering internal strife that would eventually lead to a civil war and complete collapse of the former government, Ottoman Empire-style. It would attempt to get involved in GAW in order to project some semblance of stability, but regardless of what happens, it will collapse.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents