NATION

PASSWORD

Project Warfighter - Tier One RP Group / Happily Accepting

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Vancon wrote:This seems cool and all but I don't get whats going on.

Ask and I shall answer.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:58 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Vancon wrote:This seems cool and all but I don't get whats going on.

Ask and I shall answer.


Do I sign up and then just chill around on this forum? Or is there another meaning to this?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Vancon wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Ask and I shall answer.


Do I sign up and then just chill around on this forum? Or is there another meaning to this?

There is an IC that we're doing, but you may be too late for it as we've started to assault.

You might just have to chill and wait for the next Operation.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:09 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Vancon wrote:
Do I sign up and then just chill around on this forum? Or is there another meaning to this?

There is an IC that we're doing, but you may be too late for it as we've started to assault.

You might just have to chill and wait for the next Operation.


So it's a merc group?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Vancon wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:There is an IC that we're doing, but you may be too late for it as we've started to assault.

You might just have to chill and wait for the next Operation.


So it's a merc group?

No.

Project Warfighter is essentially an international coalition that's made up of special forces squads from the member nations.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:52 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Vancon wrote:
So it's a merc group?

No.

Project Warfighter is essentially an international coalition that's made up of special forces squads from the member nations.


And then do we (you guys) get contracted out to a RP.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
Congreveopia
Minister
 
Posts: 3434
Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:33 am

Vancon wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:No.

Project Warfighter is essentially an international coalition that's made up of special forces squads from the member nations.


And then do we (you guys) get contracted out to a RP.


We (actually, just Emmeria) make the RPs. This thread is sort of an OOC for them, a discussion about new ones, a universal application to get into all of our RPs, and a place to discuss things about your nation's spec ops.

I think.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:39 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Vancon wrote:
And then do we (you guys) get contracted out to a RP.


We (actually, just Emmeria) make the RPs. This thread is sort of an OOC for them, a discussion about new ones, a universal application to get into all of our RPs, and a place to discuss things about your nation's spec ops.

I think.


oh. That seems cool.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:58 pm

So.... Is this a decent enough view for what you're looking at when you look at a Remnant Sentinel?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2013 ... edguns.jpg
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
New Emmerian Coalition
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1793
Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emmerian Coalition » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:50 am

Has everyone posted?
Current Location: Gone Rogue @ DZ02 Steeleport

User avatar
New Turkish Republic
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 128
Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Turkish Republic » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:53 am

Is this still accepted applicants?
A revolutionary socialist Turkey that controls eastern Turkey and Cyprus.
The demonym is Revolutionary Turkish.

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:50 pm

New Turkish Republic wrote:Is this still accepted applicants?

Ohai, NTR.

And yus, it is.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:47 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:
New Turkish Republic wrote:Is this still accepted applicants?

Ohai, NTR.

And yus, it is.


I'm gonna make an App.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Name of Nation: Vancon

Name of Warfighter: Lt. Daril Taras, (Caucasian, 32, Male, 6'2'', 200lbs, Brown Hair, Stocky) part of Saber Team, VERU (Vanconian Emergency Response Unit)

Warfighter Loadout:
Firearms: CF Mk. XII Carbine, CF-Mk V Designated Marksman Rifle, CF-Mk CXXI Sniper Rifle (1 per Squad), CF-Mk X Pistol

Equipement: ES-Mk VI Hand Grenade, Pliers, Swiss Army Knife, First aid pack w/ small blood bag, Oxygen apparatus for HALO ops,
AI-Mk I Cutlass (Required for all Officers), Compass, GPS, Night-Vision Goggles, matching-camo cloak, Grappling Gun,5 Flares(assorted colours), Rations, 2 Flashbangs, 2 Smoke Grenades.

Armor: Lightweight Kevlar , MOLLE combat vest, watertight tunic and pants w/ digitized anti-infa red camo (modifiable), with VERU written on the back.



Biography of Warfighter: As Vancon crept into the place of a world superpower due to it's large income from vast amounts of mining, a new force was commissioned to deal with the looming threat of eco-terrorists and like minded individuals. Slowly the force developed into a fully fledged military group. Normally they are a home defense weapon but with time, many detachments joined the foreign legions, to deal with threats that are above and beyond the average enemy. They are trained mostly for hostage rescue and urban warfare, seeing as Vancon's capital, Provincia is very urbanized. One does not get to chose if they get in or not. They are advanced into these positions by a superior officer when they are a low rank, if they are deemed to be an exceptional soldier. Then they rise through the ranks here, instead of in the standard forces. A private of the ERU is equal to a Lance-corporal.

This did not diminish Lt. Taras' goals to enlist. When he was young,there was a hostage situation in the complex next door, and he saw the ERU members rescuing the lives of innocents. In turn, little Taras knew his goal and his mind was set. He studied as much military history and tactics as he could by the time he turned 16, the minimum age to enlist. Proving himself in the next few years, just fresh out of basic training, was difficult to do, but soon he got his wish. In an engagement with militants at a remote mining instalation, he fout savagely once we was cut off by the rest of his team, holding his post until the main force that had retreated returned hours later. For his valor, he was promoted to ERU status and soon rose through the ranks, effectively becoming the leader of Saber Team, the attached force to the 2nd Foreign Legion, now ready to take on the worst of the world.

RP Experience (Example or Link):http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=293866&start=150#p20248392

Techlevel: MT-PMT-FT (can and do play in all three)
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
Hurtful Thoughts
Senator
 
Posts: 4961
Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Well, looks like I'd need to get a character that is still an active Royal Marine Raider.
-Crompton retired back in '09.

Would I be allowed to send a rifle-squad? (four to six soldiers) and if not, than what squad-component would you like?
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.

User avatar
Guruda
Diplomat
 
Posts: 817
Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Guruda » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:32 pm

New Emmerian Coalition wrote:Has everyone posted?


If they haven't yet, I don't expect them to.
Hi, I'm Matt

Ain't no party like a Pyongyang party, 'cause a Pyongyang party is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY

User avatar
New Emmerian Coalition
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1793
Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emmerian Coalition » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Guruda wrote:
New Emmerian Coalition wrote:Has everyone posted?


If they haven't yet, I don't expect them to.

You're right.

Also, both applications above, please view the sample application on the first page.
Current Location: Gone Rogue @ DZ02 Steeleport

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:48 pm

New Emmerian Coalition wrote:
Guruda wrote:
If they haven't yet, I don't expect them to.

You're right.

Also, both applications above, please view the sample application on the first page.


I did, did I not?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
Hurtful Thoughts
Senator
 
Posts: 4961
Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I only see one application and one inquiry...

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Would I be allowed to send a rifle-squad? (four to six soldiers) and if not, than what squad-component would you like?


Rephrased: Are these warfighter units to operate independently, and if not: then what part or role of the unit is vacant?

---

Lazy app:

Name of Nation: People's Republic Of Hurtful Thoughts
Name of Warfighter: Hurti Royal Marine Raiders

Warfighter Loadout: [This list... is it to include armored vehicles, attached air and naval assets? This is where knowing the unit size to be used from a group several divisions (~200,000 men) strong would be helpful.]

Section size: 11
Platoon size: 55 (three rifle sections, a mortar section, and a support section [11 men, 3 MICVs, 2 Self Propelled Mortars]; under command of Support Section Leader)
Company: 224 (Three Rifle platoons, and a tank company [59 men, 9 tanks, 3 Assault-guns])

Biography of Warfighter: Founded OOCly in 2005 [date of nation creation] as the tip of the spear of all military operations.
-These units are primarily used as pathfinders or frogmen for main offensives, as well as training of induginous militaries, they have little or no provisions for acting as a policing unit. Trained to fight effectively in wastelands and with no resupply.

RP Experience: Most of my RPs got wiped-out in the purge of '08. Although the conflict in Chitzeland was rather well documented. and a summarized listing of all pre-purge RPis still on a forum-factbook of broken links.
-Was also one of the founding-nations of the Global Alliance of Sovereign Nations, and later the Aggressive-Defensive Alliance
Here's a more recent one.

Techlevel: MT. Can go slightly past-tech with Mosin Nagants and Berthier rifles.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Vancon wrote:
New Emmerian Coalition wrote:You're right.

Also, both applications above, please view the sample application on the first page.


I did, did I not?

You did indeed, actually.

But, the app is a bit confusing. Where the word "Warfighter" is, think of the team. The Warfighter is the unit you're applying, not a single man.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
I only see one application and one inquiry...

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Would I be allowed to send a rifle-squad? (four to six soldiers) and if not, than what squad-component would you like?


Rephrased: Are these warfighter units to operate independently, and if not: then what part or role of the unit is vacant?

---

Lazy app:

Name of Nation: People's Republic Of Hurtful Thoughts
Name of Warfighter: Hurti Royal Marine Raiders

Warfighter Loadout: [This list... is it to include armored vehicles, attached air and naval assets? This is where knowing the unit size to be used from a group several divisions (~200,000 men) strong would be helpful.]

Section size: 11
Platoon size: 55 (three rifle sections, a mortar section, and a support section [11 men, 3 MICVs, 2 Self Propelled Mortars]; under command of Support Section Leader)
Company: 224 (Three Rifle platoons, and a tank company [59 men, 9 tanks, 3 Assault-guns])

Biography of Warfighter: Founded OOCly in 2005 [date of nation creation] as the tip of the spear of all military operations.
-These units are primarily used as pathfinders or frogmen for main offensives, as well as training of induginous militaries, they have little or no provisions for acting as a policing unit. Trained to fight effectively in wastelands and with no resupply.

RP Experience: Most of my RPs got wiped-out in the purge of '08. Although the conflict in Chitzeland was rather well documented. and a summarized listing of all pre-purge RPis still on a forum-factbook of broken links.
-Was also one of the founding-nations of the Global Alliance of Sovereign Nations, and later the Aggressive-Defensive Alliance
Here's a more recent one.

Techlevel: MT. Can go slightly past-tech with Mosin Nagants and Berthier rifles.

Okay there, Skippy, you are not using a freaking company or platoon. If so, then I can use my spec-ops base unit, the 1,000-man Battalion. But we're not, and I'm not.

Most of the people here are using a squad. Usually four-man. You can probably make up to a six-man size. Some people here have only a three-man squad.

I, personally have a 4-man squad with an off-site operator that acts as squad coordinator.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Vancon
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9877
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:11 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Vancon wrote:
I did, did I not?

You did indeed, actually.

But, the app is a bit confusing. Where the word "Warfighter" is, think of the team. The Warfighter is the unit you're applying, not a single man.


I only wrote in the commander but there would probably be 6 guys (preferably 8 if I can have them). They all would have the same weapons & gear, plus the first part of the bio kinda did explain what the unit did, right?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo


U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

User avatar
Hurtful Thoughts
Senator
 
Posts: 4961
Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:22 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:Okay there, Skippy, you are not using a freaking company or platoon. If so, then I can use my spec-ops base unit, the 1,000-man Battalion. But we're not, and I'm not.

Most of the people here are using a squad. Usually four-man. You can probably make up to a six-man size. Some people here have only a three-man squad.

I, personally have a 4-man squad with an off-site operator that acts as squad coordinator.

Well, that is going to limit the amount of support my forces tend to take for granted when doing such things as single-handedly disarming an entire nation's capacity to wage nuclear war.

That said, I haven't been in too many warfare RPs that actually required such large units... makes me wonder why I have so many soldiers.

Anyways, a Raider-section is two three man teams similar to the French FELIN-fireteam layout [3 man short-range, and 3-man long-range*], supported by a sapper-team of 5.
-That last bit tends to wear Lockheed HULC load bearing equipment.

*
French squads are divided into a 300-meter fireteam each armed with a FAMAS 5.56 mm assault rifle and carrying an AT4 anti-tank weapon and a 600-meter fireteam with a FN Minimi another FAMAS and a LGI.

Hurti equipment (typical):

Short range team:
3x LAR-655A5 Assault rifle, 6.5x55mm Hurt
3x 'Pave-Pointer' 6.5x25mm PDW /double-underbarrel 12 gauge

24x Hand Grenades, assorted

Long Range Team
1x CMG-3/07 Machine-Gun, 6.5x55mm Hurt
2x LAR-655A5 /w 23mm grenade launcher

6x Rifle Grenades, HE-FRAG
6x Rifle Grenades, HEAT
6x Rifle Grenades, NE
6x Rifle Grenades, WP

Support Team
1x HM-320 40/60mm rifle-mortar system
1x 23mm AGL / 12.7x80mm HMG (Advanced Crew Served Weapon)
1x Bofors BOLDITE ADATS
2x LAR-655A5
3x 'Pave-Pointer' 6.5x25mm PDW /double-underbarrel 12 gauge

Other: Mines, AN/PSS-15 GSR
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Vancon wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You did indeed, actually.

But, the app is a bit confusing. Where the word "Warfighter" is, think of the team. The Warfighter is the unit you're applying, not a single man.


I only wrote in the commander but there would probably be 6 guys (preferably 8 if I can have them). They all would have the same weapons & gear, plus the first part of the bio kinda did explain what the unit did, right?

Okay, then make sure that that's clear in the app that all the equipment and weapons are x6(or x8). I'd go with a 6-man team for now and wait until later from NEC(our OP) on if you can have an 8-man team.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17165
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Okay there, Skippy, you are not using a freaking company or platoon. If so, then I can use my spec-ops base unit, the 1,000-man Battalion. But we're not, and I'm not.

Most of the people here are using a squad. Usually four-man. You can probably make up to a six-man size. Some people here have only a three-man squad.

I, personally have a 4-man squad with an off-site operator that acts as squad coordinator.

Well, that is going to limit the amount of support my forces tend to take for granted when doing such things as single-handedly disarming an entire nation's capacity to wage nuclear war.

That said, I haven't been in too many warfare RPs that actually required such large units... makes me wonder why I have so many soldiers.

Anyways, a Raider-section is two three man teams similar to the French FELIN-fireteam layout [3 man short-range, and 3-man long-range*], supported by a sapper-team of 5.
-That last bit tends to wear Lockheed HULC load bearing equipment.

*
French squads are divided into a 300-meter fireteam each armed with a FAMAS 5.56 mm assault rifle and carrying an AT4 anti-tank weapon and a 600-meter fireteam with a FN Minimi another FAMAS and a LGI.

Hurti equipment (typical):

Short range team:
3x LAR-655A5 Assault rifle, 6.5x55mm Hurt
3x 'Pave-Pointer' 6.5x25mm PDW /double-underbarrel 12 gauge

24x Hand Grenades, assorted

Long Range Team
1x CMG-3/07 Machine-Gun, 6.5x55mm Hurt
2x LAR-655A5 /w 23mm grenade launcher

6x Rifle Grenades, HE-FRAG
6x Rifle Grenades, HEAT
6x Rifle Grenades, NE
6x Rifle Grenades, WP

Support Team
1x HM-320 40/60mm rifle-mortar system
1x 23mm AGL / 12.7x80mm HMG (Advanced Crew Served Weapon)
1x Bofors BOLDITE ADATS
2x LAR-655A5
3x 'Pave-Pointer' 6.5x25mm PDW /double-underbarrel 12 gauge

Other: Mines, AN/PSS-15 GSR


Well, it limits all of our forces. My team had to make due without having vehicles and aircraft readily accessible, as those are provided by the Project Warfighter organization. Think of it as more third-party support, so you don't need to bring it yourself.

I'd say you can have the short-fire and long-fire teams, but I'm iffy on the support squad. Agaiun, as I said with Vancon, wait until NEC can give a definite answer.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."- Cafla
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."- New Jordslag
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Qirmizi Azerbaycan

Advertisement

Remove ads