NATION

PASSWORD

QCS Interval 1: Thunderhead

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mereshka
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:15 pm

United human countries wrote:"Patrick Harker. Late Corporal of the Union Army, currently a member of the Arkheim Knights, on leave. Some leave, hm?" For a brief second, anger twisted his features. "And yours?"

On board ship

"Yes, you've got it right. As for your, Sylvonian, name, rank, service branch."

"My name is Saya." She told him, offering no more than those two syllables, and she seemed unlikely to offer more. She did however, give a slight grin at his leave comment. "Ah, but this is so much more interesting than sitting by a beach sipping sake...or...ah, lemonade? Yes, lemonade is what I think it is."
Current RP projects:

The World. Currenlty my main project, an offsite RP forum.
Death Company. Possibly on hold, once I make up my mind.

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Elsewhere

"I'd rather be on the beach sipping lemonade and leaving combat on the battlefield, much less this...nightmare. God damn. Got here, found out mom and dad transfered, then this happened. My worst luck."
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.77

Ruthless Slaughter
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruthless Slaughter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Mick smiled and nodded his approval, "Now THAT I would feel safer in. Granted it may not be entirely appropriate for my line of work, but certainly preferable to some plates and kevlar. The Colonel said public funding hits the floor in what, six to seven months? I'd put that on the shopping list, but that's just me."

By this point he'd completed checking his equipment and was able to give the Sergeant his full attention.

"My home country- ah screw it. The Dominion's working on similar. My bosses are especially interested in ballistic gel due to its flexibility and lighter weight. Got a whole team of scientists working 'round the clock at United WeaponsTech trying to maximize resistance while keeping the weight down. Looking to be an excellent suit of infiltrator armor when it's done."
Junkyland wrote:
Ruthless Slaughter wrote:Well, all you post-2005 nations are new guys to me

I bet I would win in a war against you!
~two minutes later~
*looks out over war-torn city*
Damn'it.

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:20 pm

She laughed, a laugh just as musical as the rest of her voice. "Fair enough," She said as her laughter died down, perhaps realizing that making too much noise was a bad idea, "However at least you can take comfort knowing that at least your parents are out safe, yes? I'd imagine it will be easier for you to fight knowing that they are safe and sound."
Current RP projects:

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:24 pm

"Oh yeah. Ballistic gel is nice stuff, drops velocity to as near zero as possible. Only problem is, refilling the damned stuff. That's why it's crammed in between kevlar and ceramics, so we don't have to worry."

Elsewhere

"It would've been nice to know that they transfered before I got here. Bloody damn hard to..." Patrick hissed himself into silence. "Hold up."

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Saya immedietly halted her motion as Patrick hissed. Tense as a stalking cat and twice as perceptive, she slowly bared a couple inches of gleaming steel, wincing slightly at the soft hissing sound it made as the katana left the sheath. She hardly seemed to breathe as she scanned the city, keeping watch for any movement, and straining her ears for the same. When the infected showed up, she intended to be as ready as humanly possible.
Current RP projects:

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Patrick shook his head silently. "Thought I heard movement, must've been my imagination."

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 pm

"Tri-lingual, always nice." He said in fluid French. "We're the same way in Sylvonia. There's no sense growing up in this world if you can't communicate with others." Tobias was sure he was going to like Laurant. "Tobias Schulz. Sounds like there's a "T" in there at the end, but there's not." As he spoke he reached for a flashlight, knowing full well electricity may have been cut just to be safe. Once that was stowed, he began checking his weaponry, ensuring every bit was in flawless working order.
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not convinced that an individual can be a communist. Oh, an individual might tout the benefits of communism both real and imagined, but to actually practice communism, he really needs some people to practice communism with.

Helertia wrote:
Vojvodina-Nihon wrote:Why do people feed the trolls?

it's the closest thing NSG has to ducks

Person 1 wrote:
Person A wrote:I would have the power to shapeshit.

Thats got to be one of the funniest typos on this site OR one of the most creative yet disturbing replys to any question that I've ever seen.

Don't forget the zombies! And remember, guys that sparkle are NOT into girls.

Heaven Hieghts
Minister

Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Heaven Hieghts » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Florian let half of the conversation wash over him, not paying any particular amount of attention. Any unwitting person would have said he was spacing out but he was actually thinking, planning, going through things. Something every good soldier should learn to do, or so his father said. That was the only thing he could remember clearly, save for the day they died, that was burned into his mind and would not fade. Much to his own dismay.

He'd understood French but for the life of him could never speak it for he knew Latin (why he was taught that he never understood) and a small bit of the language itself. Florian was much better at German and Russian having been taught by Comfromski, plus his own language having similarities with them.

He looked over what armor had been issued. "Interesting." He said in his native tongue. It looked similar to the uniform certain sections of Public Security wore. Then firearms, he looked over them, poked at a few things, made sure everything was in order then devoted his attention elsewhere. Looking down he noticed his pocket watch had fallen out of his pocket and the glass had broken, small bits of it lay under the silver frame. There was a gasp, and then loud curse in Currousian as he bent down and picked it up. It was still ticking but the portrait of his family way back when had fallen out. "Damnit!" He cried in English this time.
Last edited by Heaven Hieghts on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guess what, I'm radical left

Segronovina
Attaché

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Segronovina » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:58 am

"Well if any of the people we're trying to rescue speak French, English, or Afrikaans: just have me talk." Laurent grinned a little.

He went checking over the finer pieces of his equipemnt and making sure for a fact that everything was fully secured and in place. He didn't want to go trecking out in to the field and be given away because his gear was clattering around and falling loose. While doing so it was at this point that Laurent noticed the initial reaction of the man with the pocket watch as he saw it on the ground: at least partially broken. He watched as the man swore in his own tongue and picked the watch up...before swearing very loudly in English to express just what his opinion on the current condition of his watch was. Laurent approached him, securing his bush cap in place atop his head as he did so and letting his rifle simply hang by it's sling once more.

"What is the matter?" He asked.

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:54 am

"Most people will speak a German derrivative. Anglo-Deustch. Official internal language for the Union, we use English for international." The Gunnery Sergeant took a look at the shattered pocketwatch, gears turning in his head. "I could fix that for you. Old clockwork mechanisms are my hobby."

Heaven Hieghts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Heaven Hieghts » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:03 am

He looked over at the man with an odd look. "The mechanism is fine, see." He took off the back and showed it to the gunnery sergeant that is was fine and in working order. "It just needs new glass. Would you have that?" Having said that he started to put the picture on the inside back in, an old black and white photo with his father standing and his mother sitting on one of their dinning room chairs. Faustine standing at her side and Florian sitting on her lap.

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:00 pm

"Anglo-Deutch seems to be spoken by any number of states lately." He noted. "I speak it, though I've still got my accent." Indeed, it did sound like a cross between French and English. Tobias crouched by the man with the broken watch and began to pick up pieces of glass. "I'm sorry about your watch. My brother took after our father and I will be glad to have your watch repaired if you wish." He stood up, all of the glass in his palm. "Where would you like this?"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not convinced that an individual can be a communist. Oh, an individual might tout the benefits of communism both real and imagined, but to actually practice communism, he really needs some people to practice communism with.

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Thats got to be one of the funniest typos on this site OR one of the most creative yet disturbing replys to any question that I've ever seen.

Heaven Hieghts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Heaven Hieghts » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:35 pm

"Oh here." Florian cupped his hands so that the man could dump it pieces into them. "Thank you, soldier. Im not sure that we were introduced. I am Florian Fascienne, former First General of Currousian Armed Forces. And you are...?"

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:16 pm

"First Lieutenant Tobias Schulz." He said, dropping the shards into Florian's hands. "You're welcome, by the way." He picked a rather friendly piece out of the palm of his glove and dropped that too into his ally's hands. "I'll let you think on my offer though. We can call my brother when we get back."

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:18 pm

"A spare watch glass...if we were on base, I'd be able to cut one to fit. But on board ship..." He spread his hands. "Sorry."

Heaven Hieghts
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Heaven Hieghts » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Florian smiled at the two of them. "Thank you. It will get fixed I'm sure."

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 pm

United human countries wrote:Patrick shook his head silently. "Thought I heard movement, must've been my imagination."

Despite Patrick's reassurances, Saya did not let down her guard. Now that she was aware, she was certain that there was something out there...just out of sight. Her eyes were a blur as she scanned the horizon, and she thought her ears would pop from the strain. And there, there it was! Far down the street, much too far away for a normal human to be able to see. And then...what was that? She spun on her heel, and sure enough, another group shambled from behind...and she heard more to the sides. They were surrounded. "Get your gun out Sir Patrick....you're going to need it."
Current RP projects:

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 pm

"Ah, wait." The gunnery sergeant held up a finger and dug around in his pocket, producing a pocket watch of similar size. "Just let me pop the glass out.." Seconds later, a quartz frame tinkled on the metal counter. "That should fit, until I can custom grind one for you."

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Mereshka wrote:
United human countries wrote:Patrick shook his head silently. "Thought I heard movement, must've been my imagination."

Despite Patrick's reassurances, Saya did not let down her guard. Now that she was aware, she was certain that there was something out there...just out of sight. Her eyes were a blur as she scanned the horizon, and she thought her ears would pop from the strain. And there, there it was! Far down the street, much too far away for a normal human to be able to see. And then...what was that? She spun on her heel, and sure enough, another group shambled from behind...and she heard more to the sides. They were surrounded. "Get your gun out Sir Patrick....you're going to need it."

"Oh, shit shit shit shit. Try to find some kind of sewer..or metro tunnel. We can try to make a run through there, I won't like it, but just look!" Patrick readied his rifle, panic beginning to creep into his voice, along with hard edged determination. "Well, I took an oath to defend the Union and it's dependents. Probably includes you, I don't know. If we're about to get swarmed, you find a building, and you climb it, and go roof top to roof top. I'll hold them here. Hoo...bloody and glorious death. If only Eddy could see me now."

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:36 pm

United human countries wrote:
Mereshka wrote:

"Oh, shit shit shit shit. Try to find some kind of sewer..or metro tunnel. We can try to make a run through there, I won't like it, but just look!" Patrick readied his rifle, panic beginning to creep into his voice, along with hard edged determination. "Well, I took an oath to defend the Union and it's dependents. Probably includes you, I don't know. If we're about to get swarmed, you find a building, and you climb it, and go roof top to roof top. I'll hold them here. Hoo...bloody and glorious death. If only Eddy could see me now."

She snorted. "You insult me. You well and truly do. I am not some soft, sheltered girl who can't even resist fainting at the sight of blood. I would dishonour my ancestors were I to run and hid, even from demons." And what can they be but demons? She thought to herself. What but a demon will control the body of a human, shaping it as it pleases? "I was taught something by my...grandfather, once. When you are surrounded and without hope, there is but one thing you can do, and that is to attack. I propose we cut our way through, or bring honour to our families in the attempt."
Current RP projects:

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 pm

"You're starting to sound like Recon. Or worse, those damn Schatten. All right, we'll blaze a trail, evac is at the Statesmen hotel. Biggest building in the skyline, if we get seperated, head that way." Patrick cracked a few rounds into the crowd. "Ready?"

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Heaven Hieghts wrote:Florian smiled at the two of them. "Thank you. It will get fixed I'm sure."

"Yes, indeed we will." Tobias looked to their leader. "I understand this is dangerous, but what kind of infection are we dealing with? How does it spread?" He didn't want to sound cruel and ignore the watch, it was clearly important, but they needed information.

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm

United human countries wrote:"You're starting to sound like Recon. Or worse, those damn Schatten. All right, we'll blaze a trail, evac is at the Statesmen hotel. Biggest building in the skyline, if we get seperated, head that way." Patrick cracked a few rounds into the crowd. "Ready?"

Saya took a deep, calming breath, and nodded. "On your mark." She told him, drawing her katana the rest of the way, holding it at the ready.
Current RP projects:

United human countries
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United human countries » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:44 pm

"God, if you're even out there, please let them all be headshots." Patrick took a death breath, letting it grunt out.
"Go!" He nearly screamed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents