NATION

PASSWORD

Post-Apocalyptic Strategy RP?

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Caledonia96
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Caledonia96 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:08 pm

ps the AmFed is located in Appalachia (NW Georgia to SW Penn, cap. located in the Shanendoah.)

Aima Tomeis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aima Tomeis » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Bavin wrote:Put Cydonia in the foothills of the mountians.

10-4 Bavin.

Assyanm
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Assyanm » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:28 am

Faction's full name: The Survivors from Southland
Faction's short name: The Survive
Your faction's capital: The Solonm Fort
Faction leader’s name and title: Gardna The Solomon
Military strength: 200
General population: 800
A short summary of your faction's history:
Initially only a small group of skilled mercenaries, over time many of the survivors ask for protection, food and water then took shelter in there, eventually forming colonies, led by Solomon (one of the most respected and wise and talented). they are always on the move to seek new source of life and brought back while maintain the homeland that protected by fort.

Aima Tomeis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aima Tomeis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 am

Here's a map so far:

Also, Olthenia, since this RP is yours I figured I'd wait for your approval of applications before factions get placed.

Aima Tomeis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aima Tomeis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am

Gah... just a little too big... whatever, I'm going to bed, haha.

New Velgast
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Velgast » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Faction's full name: Children of the Sword
Faction's short name: Sword Children
Your faction's capital: Port Freedom
Faction leader’s name and title: Kronos
Military strength: 620
General population: 1200
A short summary of your faction's history: After the bombs fell, New Velgast soldiers began fleeing to Port Freedom with their families. The current legion was the 43rd, a legion called Velgast's Sword. Over the last hundred years it has become a collective militarized community. Everyone, women included, from the age of 17 to 30 must serve in the Guard. After that, staying is optional. Port Freedom was always well suplied. In the last few years though food has become more scarce and water is beginning to run low. Now scout parties need to leave the port in order to find more food and water. What is left will last maybe a year, but unless food and water is found soon, the population is doomed.
Last edited by New Velgast on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bottle wrote:You should believe in God if:
-You are not capable of being a moral person without some sort of parent-figure keeping watch on you.
-You do not feel empathy.
-You are not capable of finding joy in life without some outside source providing it to you.
-You cannot find a purpose for yourself.
-You have a crippling fear of death that you aren't able to overcome.
-You are unable to understand science, and thus are not able to understand any of the natural explanations for the natural world.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 am

Bazatia: Accepted. Great backstory. :3

Gordonisia: Accepted. I'm going to assume your faction roams the roads and outback of a particular state, right?

Caledonia96: Rejected. This game neither takes place in America or involves armageddon orchestrated by Muslim fundamentalists. Please change your backstory accordingly.

Manahakatouki: Accepted. It's the revenge of the roadies!

Rupeslonga: Rejected. Your faction's backstory just doesn't sit right with me. If they're a military remenant with dwindling food supplies holed up in some sort of old national monument, write that.

Assyanam: Accepted. Mercenaries in a mountain holdfast kick ass.

New Velgast: Accepted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright then, with Bavin, Aima Tomeis and me that makes us about 8 players, which is about as many as I want us to be. Those of you who were rejected can resubmit, but other than that I will not accept any new applications.

Aima: Kudos on the nice map! With 8 accepted players and 2 on the ropes though, I think we're going to need a larger area to play around on. I've decided to deal with that myself, and a new map should be up and about in a couple of hours. When that happens, we can start squabbling for territories.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Alright people, the map is UP! Never mind that it kinda looks like a map of the eastern US. It's ours to squabble over now, and with that in mind I choose Colbert.

PS: Now, this map might look as large as the Eastern US, but that's only a weird coincidence. In reality, the map of this game isn't much larger than the whole state of Texas. That's still pretty large, but a lot smaller than the whole Eastern US. The states you choose as your starting territory are just counties within a single state, and no more than a handful of miles across.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each faction should have a color to mark its territory. It'll make it easier to remember where everyone is. My MS Paint program doesn't agree with me what some colors look like, so be prepeared for some discrepansies. I choose blue.

Olthenia, aka The Chosen - Colbert
Colour: Blue

New Velgast, aka Sword Children - Kelton
Colour: Maroon

Bavin, aka Knights of Cydonia - Rookington
Colour: Yellow

Manahakatouki, aka The Zepps - Nowak
Colour: Green

Caledonia96, aka ValFed - Whent
Colour: Navy blue

Bazatia, aka The Colonists - Dean
Colour: White

Assyanam, aka The Survive - Melville
Colour: Orange

Aima Tomeis, aka Shadow - Valisiana
Colour: Red

Gordonisia, aka The Brothers - Pelham
Colour: Grey
Last edited by Olthenia on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Bazatia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bazatia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 pm

I was thinking a smaller map, just because it is going to be hard to be involved in each other's strategy if we are far away, and have small populations. I personally like the map that was submitted before, maybe with a little modification to make it accomidate the new applicants. And thank you for the compliment.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard
Tsaraine wrote:Somewhere in Philadelphia, one school administrator has just smacked another school administrator upside the head. "Damnit, Jenkins! I told you we should just have gone with chastity belts!"

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.

New Velgast
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Velgast » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Olthenia wrote:

Alright people, the map is UP! Never mind that it kinda looks like a map of the eastern US. It's ours to squabble over now, and with in mind I choose Colbert.

Olthenia - Colbert

I call the peninsula jutting out of Kelton.
-You are not capable of being a moral person without some sort of parent-figure keeping watch on you.
-You are not capable of finding joy in life without some outside source providing it to you.
-You are unable to understand science, and thus are not able to understand any of the natural explanations for the natural world.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

I see what you're saying, Bazatia, distances are a problem with my map. I can't see how we're going to fit 8 to 10 players on Aima Tomeis' map though, and I'd rather have a map that's slightly too large than slightly too small.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Rookton
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 pm

I choose Nowak! Just because of the name

EDIT: Is the place actual size of the eastern U.S.

EDIT to EDIT: The Zepps are Green
Last edited by Manahakatouki on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And so it was, that I had never changed.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:26 pm

EDIT: Is the place actual size of the eastern U.S?

No. Managing a strategy RP with our small bands across a distance like that just isn't feasible.

As far as distances are concerned, here's how it's going to be:

The map in my previous post might look as large as the Eastern US, but that's only a weird coincidence. In reality, the map of this game isn't much larger than the whole state of Texas. That's still pretty large, but a lot smaller than the whole Eastern US. The states you choose as your starting territory are just counties within a single state, and no more than a handful of miles across.
Last edited by Olthenia on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Ok that makes sense
And so it was, that I had never changed.

New Velgast
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Velgast » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Olthenia wrote:
EDIT: Is the place actual size of the eastern U.S?

No. Managing a strategy RP with our small bands across a distance like that just isn't feasible.

As far as distances are concerned, here's how it's going to be:

The map in my previous post might look as large as the Eastern US, but that's only a weird coincidence. In reality, the map of this game isn't much larger than the whole state of Texas. That's still pretty large, but a lot smaller than the whole Eastern US. The states you choose as your starting territory are just counties within a single state, and no more than a handful of miles across.

In that case then I'll take all of Kelton

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Noted.

Cram it up eurasia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cram it up eurasia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:09 pm

if its not already to late to get in

Faction's full name: The Cannibalistic Misfits of the Mountains
Faction's short name: Cannibals, Misfits
Your faction's capital: to the cannibals home, to others called the Necropolis
Faction leader’s name and title: Gorg Skullknawer
Military strength: 600 (all male citizens recieve weapons training in bladed and blunt club like weapons and all males are required to go out and fight to bring back bodies to keep food in the bellies of the citizens.)
General population:950
A short summary of your faction's history: before the bombs dropped the cannibals were a group of right wing extremists who cut themselves off from the rest of society. they built tunnels deep into the olympos mountains to safeguard their supplies of canned food, weapons and other things they thought would be necessary to defend themselves when they took over. after the bombs dropped they began to mutate and became derranged many killed and sepperated from others when their tunnels collapsed. for those who survived it was a hard life, made even more complicated by the fact that their bodies could no longer process complex carbs making them rely off of fat and protein for energy. the men began to grow in tremendous size and gerth most adveraging to be past 7 feet tall and 300 pounds and stronger most 3 times stronger than what they were before the bombs. the women's most notable mutation was the fact that the birth cycle had seemed to be reduced from 9 months to only 6 with many releasing as many as 3 eggs at once during their cycle which allowed the cannibals to reproduce at a faster rate, however most women go through menopause at the age of 30. mean while the men hunted all the animals to extinction in the area forcing the cannibals to look for other ways of obtaining food, but when no other options appeared due to the lack of being able to process carbs people started to die of starvation, and this is when the survivors first became cannibals, they would eat the dead to ensure their own survival, once the eating of humans became the norm of the society many started to kill babies with any abnormalities for food since the reproduction rate was so high and incest became common as well as killing of women who could no longer give birth and men who could no longer fight for food. they began to utalize many things of the body, for instance they made clubs out of the giant femur's of men and clothing out of tanned human skin. they also started to expand their tunneling to bring themselves closer to other people so they may feast more and increase their population

Note that they live in tunnels that are full of more cannibals

Pro's
Significantly enhanced strength, speed, and endurance
Good dark vision from living in tunnels
Homes are well hidden and readily defendable
Extremely good at hit and run tactics

Cons
Low mobility, they walk/tunnel anywhere they wanna go
Pretty primitive when it comes to technolodgy
Not to concerned with the number of casualties
Most suffer from the human equivelant of mad cow disease
Some have birth defects as a result
Few modern weapons, maybe 5 guns in the whole civilization

i wouldnt mind bentucky if i could get in on that, so long as its a mountainous region of the map
Last edited by Cram it up eurasia on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Cram it up eurasia: Sorry, but it's too late for new players to submit now, and besides, the mutations you describe as common for members of your faction are far too excessive. It's giving me a bad case of supermutant blues.

Gordonisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordonisia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Our base of operations will be Olympus City (is that what it says? my vision sucks)
"We have the best Congress that money can buy" -Will Rogers

Caledonia96
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Caledonia96 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:16 pm

k reedited as you saiid hope you like :) also if im accepted id like Whent (VA) because the Valley is really like the Shanendoah.

Caledonia96
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Caledonia96 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Also think ValFed could be navy blue?

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Caledonia96: Accepted. Navy blue it is. :3

Bazatia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bazatia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Well, if these are just counties, I would like Dean
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard
Tsaraine wrote:Somewhere in Philadelphia, one school administrator has just smacked another school administrator upside the head. "Damnit, Jenkins! I told you we should just have gone with chastity belts!"

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.

Caledonia96
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Caledonia96 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Okay.... so now what? (srry this is my first RP thread)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents