NATION

PASSWORD

Enkon Awakens (CLOSED. Please start new thread for UCON.)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tyvenia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyvenia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm

By Combined Order and Assent: We hereby recognize the following ancient pedigrees with full restoration of their historic roles: Family Armand, with full honors as Margrave - Founded in the First Era due to their close relationship with Maksim and defense of the Dominion; Sixth House - Recognized in the early Second Era in response to Maksim's appeal to the Organize Syndicates; Clan Kray - Founded in the early Fourth Era in response to their contributions of wealth and political influence as diplomats and merchants; Lord-Provost of Desolaas City - First Recognized in the Second Era under Captain Callé, a demesne now under the Command and Control of Family Octavian.

Furthermore, we have created a House of Lords to review the requests of other entities for promotion to peerage. A minimum fee of $500M NSD shall be required of any lineage requesting review. An additional $500M NSD shall be due upon acceptance by the House of Lords, in return for a grant of Desolaan Land at the level of "Count." Higher ranks within the Peerage shall carry additional costs at the discretion of the House.

From the Public Works Department: Thanks to generous support grants from the Peers, Lord-Provost Octavian, Vizier Kray and Margrave Armand, we have started the construction of detailed and intricate monuments to both Ancient and Modern Desolaas. Because of their generosity, we have decided to start with massive statues to our Modern Peers.

From the Information Department: We are pleased to announce that under the Desolaas Child Welfare Department, all executive and administrative positions have been appointed, and close to 20% of all research scientists have been hired. Our executives have instructed the administrators to perform an initial review of all grant requests.

Athretvari
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Athretvari » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Bycta Rocket Systems accepts DMS of Mare Solis suggestions for joint missile development project. The suggestions being-

• Design & Produce missiles systems that are universal to both missile-firing capabilities of each nation's military.
  • Suggests that all land-based missile combat testing should be conducted in Esperanza Missile Station, the Balaeric Islands. The installation has appropriate equipment & space to test the new missile systems.
  • In regards to testing these new missile systems on sea-based combat, DMS suggests both Solisian & Athretvars Navy to conduct joint naval exercises to test surface-to-surface & surface-to-air missiles. DMS suggests location of naval exercises, just northwest of Anthropolia. The reason for this, is the low appearance of commercial & civilian ships, compared to conducting military exercises in busy waters such as the Wicko Sea or the New Aegean Sea.
  • In regards to testing the newly developed air-to-air missiles, DMS also suggests that both Athretvars & Solisian aircraft test out the new equipment.

BRS has dispatched a team of 35 technicians to Mare Solis to begin meeting with their Solisian counterparts.

Sea-hex 5513 to the NW of Anthropolia has been declared by act of the UTR federal Congress as the UTR North Titanic Testing Area.

The Congress has also granted facilities at the port and airfield at Kryn Naval Base within Anthropolia be made available to DMS and the armed forces of Mare Solis for purposes of conducting all tests occurring within the UTR North Titanic Testing Area.
Last edited by Athretvari on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athretvari
The Realms Banner (flag)
Yeah… I know. It’s a tough one. You can skip

Athretvari
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Athretvari » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

STATEMENT FROM THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS CONCERNING THE UNITED WOLFISH KINGDOM

The UTR formally recognizes and offers full diplomatic relations and exchanges with the UWK. The UTR wishes to enter into a defense and security cooperation, training, and development Memorandum of Understanding with the UWK to include the joint development of Wolfen-specific defense technology (initially upto SciAdv=250, with possible future upgrades), development of a native hand-to-hand combat fighting style specific to Wolfen physiology and new Wolfen technologies, and technical training of UWK officers, pilots, and commandos.

The pact also requires many reforms occur within the UWK including adoption of a constitution, constitutional guarantees of equality before the law for both humans and Wolfish within UWK, time and term limits on the monarch, either direct or indirect elections of all future monarchs by all the people (human and Wolfish), direct election of a Monarchial Advisory Council (with a minimum of 50 members) by all the people (human and Wolfish). The Monarchial Advisory Council must possess powers to propose legislative bills and have final approval over the exact text of all proposed legislation (especially with respect to UWK’s the national budget and on questions of war and peace) with or without Monarchial input and/or a monarchial power to veto.

For the pact to remain valid, the UWK is also requested to maintain a constitutional peacetime maximum limit of 4% population for military eligibility in NSTracker, a constitutional maximum limit of 40% of govt budget on Defense in NSTracker, and a constitutional maximum limit of 50% tax in NSTracker, and lastly but most importantly, establishment and maintenance of good and stable relations with neighbor nationstates.

The pact is not an alliance, and does not offer any guarantee by either nation to commit forces or resources toward the defense of the other except as may be required by other agreements or international treaties to which both are a party.

Realmsoft MvK, the UTR’s second largest internet and data services provider, applies for operating license in the UWK. Realmsoft would like to install a SciAdv=200 data-transmission network throughout the UWK. If the application is accepted, the company will need to meet with UWK government officials to hammer out details on any ownership or operation restrictions, taxes, and profit claims.
Athretvari
The Realms Banner (flag)

Foibenia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Foibenia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Foibenian Broadcasting Corporation

Diplomatic Relations Established with UTR

Following the acceptance of an embassy application by the United Technocratic Realms, the Consul has appointed Valerie Bennez as the Foibenian ambassador to the UTR. Ms. Bennez is an accomplished member of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, having previously served as the Foibenian ambassador to Onieropol. His Excellency the UTR ambassador, Mr. Argoszo Ambriosz, is expected to arrive within the week. Consul Devers had the following to say about the exchange.

"The establishment of formal diplomatic relations with Enkon's largest, and one of its most powerful, nations can only serve to benefit the people of Foibenia. I look forward to a lasting and friendly relationship with the UTR."

New Toola
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

New Toola condemns Qatanar

Postby New Toola » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:41 pm

New Toola Condemns Qatanar

Elder Kenneth Simmons speaks on this issue of Qatanar

Ithaqua, New Toola - Earlier today, Elder Kenneth Simmons spoke on behalf of the Council of Elders to condemn the nation of Qatanar. Elder Simmons spoke both of political reasons and moral reasons. This is what he said...

"My fellow New Toolans, I am here today to speak of Qatanar. Let me begin by saying that New Toola condemns Qatanar not only because of its very unstable government, but for religious reasons. Both of our nations are Christian and while we do not condemn them for being Christian, we do condemn them for showing Christianity in a horrible way. This nation uses its national religion as an excuse for conduct attacks on other nations. We have seen religion used as an excuse to allow violence on another religion or people. We condemn these actions and we demand that they stop their efforts and stop besmirching the name of Christianity."
“I believe that anyone can be successful in life, regardless of natural talent or the environment within which we live. This is not based on measuring success by human competitiveness for wealth, possessions, influence, and fame, but adhering to God’s standards of truth, justice, humility, service, compassion, forgiveness, and love.” - Jimmy Carter

New Toola
Spokesperson

Chief Elder Campaigns Begin

Postby New Toola » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Chief Elder Campaigns Begin

Chief Elder Helena Vane speaking to a crowd in Florentia

Ithaqua, New Toola - Today marks the beginning of the campaign trail for Current Chief Elder Helena Vane and Elder Kenneth Simmons. Chief Elder Helena Vane has based her campaign on the very strong economic growth as well as New Toola's sucessful military campaign in The Wacha Islands. She has gained support from many CEO's and other wealthy citizens in recent weeks. While she has gained support from some in the wealthy class, she has her biggest problem with the middle class.

Elder Kenneth Simmons speaking at the University of Ithaqua

Elder Kenneth Simmons has been basing his campaign off of improving education, improving foreign relations, and maintaining a strong military presence in the north. Many middle class citizens have said that they will vote for him in the election. He has gained some votes from the wealthy and the poor but these votes can sway either way.

As of right now, the polls seems pretty close but it is only the beginning so there is no guarantee that either side has a significant advantage over the other.
“I believe that anyone can be successful in life, regardless of natural talent or the environment within which we live. This is not based on measuring success by human competitiveness for wealth, possessions, influence, and fame, but adhering to God’s standards of truth, justice, humility, service, compassion, forgiveness, and love.” - Jimmy Carter

Qatanar
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Qatanar » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:32 pm

New Toola:

Shatar-ul Kun walked into the Florentia Plaza. He nervously palmed the trigger of the device under his jacket. He passed various Toolans in the street, all eyeing him with suspicion. It didn't matter anymore, his family would have more money and favors then ever. They would be out of poverty, thanks to the glorious grace of god. He would go to heaven and the heathens around him would burn. The bomb, made from some enriched uranium smuggled out of Nedea when officials weren't looking. The rest was of his own design. Shatar's train of thought was interrupted however when he saw a cop car pull up just down the street. He quickly ran inside the complex and detonated the device.

"Long live Qatanar, land of the holy!"
Last edited by Qatanar on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thalmath
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Border Security

Postby Thalmath » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:27 pm

In light of a terrorist bombing in New Toola, Qatanar has been deemed a threat to national security. Thalmath has opted for a higher border security which means a portion of Thalmath's military will be dedicated to border patrol. Under no circumstances will a Qatanar be allowed within Thalmath's border and all others will have to carry identification.

~Thalmathian Government
Last edited by Thalmath on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KILL EVERYTHING.
EVER.

Nedea
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2009
Corporate Police State

At A Local Expo Center...

Postby Nedea » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:55 pm

DarkHaven Expo Center Rm. 203

Harvey Handles was walking around the expo center. It was his day off and he wanted to go get inspired. Soon he walked up to a room with the signposted: "Turn your life around with financial freedom!" He entered and settled into his seat when the lights dimmed and the stage was taken by a tall, well-dressed, well-groomed man wearing sunglasses and a big gold necklace.

"Do you feel down? Are you lost in life? Do you feel crushed under foot of fiscal inadequacy? If so this is the room for you. I'm Glen Johnson and I'm here to show you the road to financial independence.

I was just like you, a schmuck, down on his luck. No job, no car, no girlfriend. Betting on penny stocks! But that life is behind me, just look at me now! I gotta nice boat, a hot girlfriend and I lead my own life! I don't work for anyone but myself!

Equity markets are up 35% and SYN stock has gone up 85 points in the last 4 months. Why does this matter? Because I made a fortune doing absolutely nothing! Thats right! Nothing!

How you might ask? Well shareholder strength is at an all time high so the answer is clear. Fiscal Turnovers in the third quarter! Thats right! Fiscal Turnovers in the third Quarter! Now what does this mean you might be asking?

Its simple, monetary gains have been rocketing up since SYN stock split! Split! A 40% yield per annum...."

Hours Later

Harvey walked out of the seminar. He had never been so enlightened be before in his life. 40% per annum!! Harvey was finally going to make himself and become a big fish in this world.
The Syndicated Corporations
Libertarian in the streets. Anarchist in the sheets.
Each One Of Us Has Something Special, That Makes Us Different, That Makes Us Rare.
“If they won't love you, make them fear you.”

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Democratic Koyro wrote:It's highly unlikely. I'd go as far as saying virtually impossible for the judaeo-christian-islamic God to exist.

If it does (which it doesn't), it has proven itself to be a sadistic, genocidal megalomaniac and eliminating it must be our first priority as a species.

The Kredit Union
Regional Role Play

Zambellian
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Civil War in Zambellian

Postby Zambellian » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Over the night a group of protestors aroused and began to declare that there shall be a democracy not a kingdom. Image
Not soon after did a group start to kill officers.
The next day a civil war.

Help the Kingdom of Zambellian Defeat This Threat

New Toola
Spokesperson

New Toola mourns after terror attack

Postby New Toola » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:40 pm

New Toola mourns after terror attacks

Thousands of citizens throughout Ithaqua and Florentia mourn over the terror attack earlier today

New Toola - What started out as a normal day in Florentia has ended in disaster as 42 New Toolan citizens were savagely murdered in a terror attack in the Florentia City Plaza. Nearly 150 other civilians were injured as a suicide bomber detonated his bomb at the plaza's busiest hour. The suicide bomber was mentioned to have been affiliated with Qatanar, a nation recently condemned by New Toola for its advocacy of violence and its misuse of its religion.

Tonight thousands of citizens in both Ithaqua and Florentia took to the streets in the largest candlelight vigil ever recorded in the nations history. Many citizens have called for justice and now look to the New Toolan Government for direction. Elder Kenneth Simmons is expected to speak tomorrow as the Council of Elders voice.

The victims of the familes are in complete shock and are struck with sadness. One mother of a victim told a group of reporters, "As a mother, I shouldn't have to be burying my son, it should be the other way around."

Many of the victims families have looked to a man named Jerry Spencer who is a pastor at The Trinity Community Church. His son and wife were both killed in the explosion and his daughter is in critical condition. Mr Spencer has been the voice of the many victim families and he spoke earlier today saying this...

"Today we have faced a great burden on our hearts and our souls. This man who claimed to work in the favor of god has murdered many today. The Bible says in Exodus 20:13, You shall not kill, but yet this man and his nation believe that it is alright. They are not Christian, they are sick people who have taken a religion and used it as an excuse to commit violent and barbaric acts. I ask that the media gives the families of the victims as well as my own some privacy and I ask the Council of Elders to respond as soon as possible."

Pastor Jerry Spencer speaking outside The Trinity Community Church after the attack

Ajerrin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ajerrin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 pm

ANN BREAKING NEWS: Redstone Repeals Starcraft Laws, Ulbricht Authorizes Department of Stellar Navy

New Hope - President Ulbricht came through on his promises today as Redstone repealed the Starcraft Laws. The Starcraft Laws were established nearly two hundred years ago, after the Chairman of CONSA, then the remains of what was at the time the United Kingdom of Ajerrin’s Stellar Navy, attempted a coup and nearly defeated the Empire. The failed coup put Redstone in a horrible light and the Emperor’s first order was to disband CONSA and the Royal Stellar Navy.

It has been nearly two hundred years since a Ajerri government military defense ship was in orbit. Now President Ulbricht wants the first set of capital ships online and ready in the next five years.

This was the first of several Defense issues that the Ulbricht Presidency plans of changing now that both houses of Parliament are in the hands of the Conservative Party Coalition. The President has fought for the disbandment of the Central Armed Federation Forces, a colossal and expensive drain on the taxpaying citizens of the Federation.

With the repeal approved by Redstone, President Ulbricht has authorized the formation of the Department of Stellar Navy. The President tapped Mizahrah Riga as its acting Secretary and Admiral Casper Freis as its Chief of Staff.

Pundits are not expecting the minority to put up much of a fight.

Many expect Darkwater Irons or Red Coral to be the main beneficiaries with Redstone. Darkwater Irons is already working with The Techocratic Realms to develop a new series of top-tier stellar battle craft varying in size from micro assault and recon drones to capital-sized battleships and fighter carriers. It would only make sense for the UFA to capitalize on its investment from DI.

Red Coral has dominated the commercial space ship industry for hundreds of years but has yet to build a capital defense ship since the establishment of the Starcraft Laws nearly two hundred years ago.

Military analysts expect the first UFA crew will be those who attended training at the Space Academies in Mare Solis and Athretvari. Over two thousand Ajerri men and women were chosen to train and learn how to be pilots, navigators, and engineers overseas. The first mission for the Solisian-trained cadets, which has been confirmed by both Mare Solis, is to fly to the ancient homeland of Silva-1 in the next two-to-three years. The UTR has yet to announce any plans for the future Ajerri graduates.

Federation Command Headquarters is rumored to be established in a new section of Brigantine, Ajerrin. The growing area has seen major amounts of construction in the recent months and security in the area has been tighter than normal. With the amount of land the Federal government has cleared, architectural specialists believe there is enough room for hundreds of buildings, which could include a Headquarters Base, a Stellar Naval Academy and Shipyards.

Sources inside Redstone have suggested the President started to put the plans for a Stellar Navy in place the day he won the seat. Admiral Freis has been seen in Redstone with foreign dignitaries from Mare Solis, The Commonwealth and The Technocratic Realms since the early days of Ulbricht’s administration.

It’s only a matter of time before Ajerri sons and daughters are defending the country and all of Enkon itself in space once again.

Athretvari
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Athretvari » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:00 pm

MARIA - UTR Foreign Minister Wrigga Zakarro offers assistance to New Toola after a horrific terrorist attack involving a dirty-bomb (nuclear contamination bomb) killed 42 in the city of Florentia.

”The UTR sends its most heart-felt sympathies to the victims of this heinous act of terrorism. We extend to our friends in Ithaqua any assistance we can possibly provide in this time of tragedy.

”We ask our friends to advise us of how we can help.”
Last edited by Athretvari on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athretvari
The Realms Banner (flag)

Foibenia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Foibenia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:07 pm

The conclave in Foibenia, after five days of voting and eleven ballots, has chosen a Pope. Cardinal Yusef Herren has been selected, and has chosen the name Leo XXV. The previous Pope, Francis XII, died at the age of 89 early last month. Francis XII was the latest in a long trend of conservative Popes. Leo XXV is considered to be a moderate compromise candidate, and the length of the conclave testifies to the conflict in the church. Progressive factions have been gaining ground in the church, claiming to oppose corruption in the church.

This corruption, they say, makes the church complicit in the oppression of the common people in Foibenia. Leo XXV is seen as a compromise, coming from a prestigious patrician family, but having slight sympathies for the progressive faction.

Athretvari
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Athretvari » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:04 pm

ENKON AWAKENS

(OOC: Long time waiting, but I finally figured out how to figure it out.)

Enkon Calendar for 2661 to 2663 (covering the remainder of this RL-year, being Oct 2014 to end of Dec 2014).

http://www.gothamloki.com/images/EnkonCalendar2661-2663.pdf

The link has also been added to the Omnibus Information Database under the Role-Playing / Getting Started & Guides section, for future reference.

"Happy mid-March, Enkon! It's Springtime in the northern hemisphere, and Autumn in the south. A stormy period of the year for most nations along the coasts of the Mare Titanus, with long periods of extended hot, dry weather over most of the deep-center of the Continent."
Athretvari
The Realms Banner (flag)

Foibenia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Foibenia » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Apostolic Palace
Apuline City
Foibenia

The Holy Father, Pope Leo XXV, looked out over the cheering crowd in St. Peter’s square. He had walked out on the balcony just shortly after a cardinal announced the traditional habemus papem. He was still rather surprised at his own election, as most compromise candidates are. He had never really aspired to be a cardinal, much less Pope. Now, however, he was Vicar of Christ, leader of the Roman Catholic Church. He looked hastily at his prepared remarks; they were short, but filled with meaning. He was well aware that parts of it may offend some of the powerful people who had hoped he would be pliable. However he had a (previously) quiet but unshakeable faith in his own responsibilities. He felt called by God to now act on those ideals.

“My friends, by the grace of god I have been chosen to lead this ancient church. This church was millennia old when we were shattered by the nuclear holocaust that enveloped our previous homes. God’s mercy gave us a second chance here on this planet. But, as I look around our world, I see numerous problems that we, as a community of faith, have failed to address.

The first of these problems is profane violence in the name of religion. Some citizens of the nation of Qatanar, claiming to be Catholic, have used the name of holy God to justify the murdering of innocents. This cannot be allowed to continue, we cannot remain silent. I will say this now, if attacks of this kind continue, all those participating will be excommunicated. Furthermore, if the Qatanar government continues to support these heinous acts, they shall be excommunicated as well, and all Qatanar citizens released from any duty to obey them.

The second problem is the continued disorganization and splintering of the Christian faith in Enkon, especially among those who were, at one time, part of our own church. I declare my intention now to call an Ecumenical Council of all Enkon’s Christians, to discuss our common goals and aspirations. I will do my best to unite all Enkon’s Catholics into one community, one family. This is what my predecessors, and our Savior, would have wanted. As it was said many millennia ago, the church is of one body and one head.

Finally and perhaps most importantly, is the problem of the continued suffering of the poor, here in Foibenia and abroad. Though my own upbringing was comfortable, I have long worked among the poor in this city. I have attempted to understand their plight, and to work for their benefit. I declare my intention now, to use every means at my disposal to affect real change in this country and others. Many may say my position is spiritual only, that I should not interfere in politics. But I say they are wrong, my duty is to help the children of God, and God-willing I will do it.”

The crowd, composed chiefly of the lower “plebeian” classes of Foibenian society, erupted with cheering. There was a sense that this pope, after so many representing the interests of the ruling elite, was finally on the people’s side.

New Toola
Spokesperson

Emergency Elections held to vote in new Chief Elder

Postby New Toola » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Emergency Elections held to vote in new Chief Elder

Elder Kenneth Simmons standing in front of a voting booth

Ithaqua, New Toola - Yesterday, both candidates appealed to the Council of Elders and the elections have begun. Both candidates understood that after the recent terror attacks, New Toola needs a leader that is already in power and not still dealing with an election. The winning candidate will address the world about the recent terror attacks as soon as the results come in.

Right now, Kenneth Simmons has a slight advantage over Helena Vane but its very early in the voting to decide. This vote is expected to be a close race and can go either way. People in all of the major cities and towns have crowded the voting booths and the voting percentage is expected to be very high.

Voters in Ithaqua line the street at a voting area
Last edited by New Toola on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newwald
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Newwald » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:12 pm

NSN:

Today the Newwaldian Foreign Affairs Minister Ajurbo Yasandl issued a statement regarding the terrorist attacks in New Toola:

"The Newwaldian government extends its heartfelt sympathies for the people in New Toola who have lost loved ones to the brutal terrorist bombing. We too suffered at the hands of Qatanari terrorists and we are planning sanctions against the rogue nation." -Foreign Affairs Minister Ajurbo Yasandl

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:17 am

USS denounce attack on New Toola
Midgar,46566- The USS government has issued a statement of public sympathy for those affected during the New Toolan attacks.The USS will offer support to the nation in it's time of need.If asked the USS will be willing to help protect the country by supplementing some of it's military forces.

IFFE launches
Midgar,46566- The USS has launched the IFFE today. The IFFE is the International Football Federation of Enkon. This organization will hope to bring together peacefully nations of Enkon and allow each nation the chance of playing other national teams. As of right now the only official national teams are the 3 sub republics of the USS. The teams will begin to play a series of friendly game against each other. The games will be broadcast live on the Midgar sports channel.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

New Toola
Spokesperson

Kenneth Simmons wins election

Postby New Toola » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Kenneth Simmons wins election

Newly Elected Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons

Ithaqua, New Toola - After the fastest election ever held in New Toola, former Elder in charge of the Department of State has emerged victorious. With a voter turnout of 79.3%, this was the closest race we have ever had. It came down to the wire but Kenneth Simmons won 51% of the vote and former Chief Elder Helena Vane won 49% of the vote. The wining factor that has stood out above all the others was the vote towards Simmons from college students. Simmons had promised to fund the New Toolan educational program as well as give grants to poorer earning families if the student shows that they want to learn.

While Chief Elder Simmons has won the vote, there is little time for celebration. The terror attacks by the rogue nation of Qatanar had already rushed the elections and now citizens look to the new Chief Elder on how he is going to respond. Some have called to action and many are talking of war. Chief Elder Simmons is said to respond to this tonight.

Another change in government has occurred with Chief Elder Simmons's replacement. Henry Crane who is most known for his company Crane Industries as well as his time as mayor of Messana. He is known for his great speaking skills as well as his very calm demeanor. Many see his choice as a great move by Chief Elder Simmons.

Newly Appointed Elder Henry Crane

Unibearia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

King Yuri congratulates the New New Toolan chief elder

Postby Unibearia » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Last friday, the news of Simmons winning the election for chief elder of New Toola brought great joy in citizens of the UWK, many of which are seen cheering in the Streets. In the past, New Toola and Unibearia were allies but when Unibearians started turning themselves to Wolfen, ex-Chief elder Helena showed her position of this by breaking the alliance and putting economic and political sanctions on The Kingdom but with her off the seat of power, the people of Unibearia believe that a golden age in prosperity and happiness between New Toola and Unibearia.

Here is what the King stated: We have seen the good side and the bad side of New Toola, they helped me get into power and then they regretted they're decision but that is the past and right now, the people of New Toola have elected a new Chief elder, Elder Simmons. I wish him the best of luck in his term and I also personally invite Elder Simmons to my wedding which shall take place by the end of the month. I must also apologise for the major delay in the wedding, some more important things have popped up and I must serve and act upon the needs of the people of Unibearia before my own.

In other news, rising tension in the holy council has broken up, many priests of the council have protested that the gods have given the people of the Bearian religion the spirit of wolf to teach them to contain and use it in prayer rather then turn themselves into beasts. The Arch-priest who is a Wolfen, is rather opposed to the "Rogue" priests as he calls them, on their position and statement on the Bearian religion. The protesters who oppose the transformations have been urging a division in the Bearian Religion and that they would like to call the Wolfen part of it Wolfenism and the human part Traditional Bearian religion. Most who oppose are the small human population of 50 million that still reside in Unibearia. The King has still to make a statement on this matter.
Last edited by Unibearia on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bearian Union
"United We Stand"
Population: ~25 Billion
Size: 3 Planetary Systems

UNABORRYA IZ BEST NATION!!!! BROLARRHHH!!!!
Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.15
Personality type: INTP-T

New Toola
Spokesperson

New Toola responds to terror attacks

Postby New Toola » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:39 pm

New Toola responds to terror attack

Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons addresses the world

Ithaqua, New Toola - Tonight, Chief Elder Kenneth Simmons spoke to the world on the recent terror attack and what New Toola asks of the world and demands from Qatanar. This is what he said...

"My fellow New Toolans, I am here today to address the recent terror attack in Florentia. Let me begin by saying that Qatanar is not a Catholic nation. New Toola is not Catholic but we know that there is not a single religion or a holy book that allows the murdering of innocent people. I believe that terrorists are not people. The civil rights groups would be up at arms by me saying that but honestly, these men and woman gave up the right to be called people when they chose to attack nations for no reason. My predecessor made it known that wolfish people were not people but this is on a whole new level. These people are monsters that must not only be punished but must face justice for their crimes. These monsters must face the nations of the world and be punished."

"I call for worldwide condemnation of Qatanar as well as embargos. I call on the Qatanar government to turn themselves in for their crimes against humanity. I demand that the camps that these suicide bombers and such are trained in to be demolished. I call on the religions of the world to condemn these despicable acts. If the demands to the Qatanar government is not met then we will use military action."

"I will say this to the world. We face many threats, whether it be military confrontation, economic collapses, etc. but terrorism is something that we must combat. These terrorist organizations around the world believe that they are untouchable. Qatanar in itself is a terrorist organization. We have seen the destruction that terror groups leave in their path. Whether it be the suicide bomber we saw at the Florentia City Plaza or when members of the Army of Wicko bombed the Temple of Humanity in Athretvari. These terror groups believe that they are surrounded by a iron wall. But if we take the fight against terror, they won't feel so strong. By the time they realize that they are living in a fantasy world, their walls will come tumbling down and we will rain down hell. I call for a worldwide operation to begin with its main goal of combating terror. Some could call what I'm saying a war and they would be right. I call for a global War on Terror. We must take the fight to them and if we must act alone then so be it. We will not allow these groups to commit more atrocities nor will we allow this issue to be brushed aside for the next generation to deal with."

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:08 am

USS gives wolf "rights"
Midgar,46566- The USS has given the Wolfen population simple animal rights within the USS.While it may seem demeaning, the wolfen population had no rights before. While classifying them as animals it is there is a possibility that any USS citizen can buy the Wolfen population as slaves. By classifying them as animals and if they can prove to be domesticated then they can be considered to have the same rights as any other domesticated animal. The unionist party chairman Ryan Blair has argued that the possibility of wolfen slaves could save companies money by not having to pay their workers. The only parties not happy about the vote are the socialist parties within the country, they wished to give wolfen people full rights equal to humans.

Silva beats 46566 national team 3-2
Midgar,46566- The Silvan national team beat the 46566 national team 3 to 2 earlier today. This puts the Silvan national team in first place in what is now called the USS cup. This cup will be a held every 4 years. The next game will place Silva against Wavy and Silva could clinch the cup with a win tomorrow. The last game places wavy versus the 46566 national team. Early predictions viewed that the 46566-Wavy game would decide the cup winners but the under dog silvan team upset 446566.
Last edited by 46566 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

Promethius Prime
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2005

Postby Promethius Prime » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 am

Top Headlines
Courtesy of

The ZetaResh News Corporation

Shen Administration to Join the New
Toolan War on Terror

"Members of the 3rd Haijun Tiantang on
parade in Vierne today prior to their
deployment.
"

Joint Ajerran-Commonwealth Energy
Project Bears Fruit

((ooc: Boosting SciAdv Index))
"The joint Ajerran-Commonwealth energy
project has given positive results according
to a report published today.
"

Spacecraft Overhaul Announced
"Following the announced spending cuts
Space Command has ordered a complete
refit and overhaul of all its vessels in order
to upgrade their systems and replace older
less efficient generators.
"

Legislative Approves Education
and Healthcare Reforms

"The Legislative officially approved the
education and healthcare reforms proposed
by President Shen's government earlier this
month.
"

An Answer to the Imperial
Question

"The Legislative approved proposals by
the Shen administration to allow Princess
Li-Hua to retain her titles as a ceremonial
courtesy, and pass them on to her heirs.
"

Other Headlines
  • ((ooc: Boosting Military Index))
    HTC Yunque and HTC Ying launched
  • HTC Ou Qu, HTC Cang Lu and HTC Kuang launched
The Commonwealth Joins the War on Terror
In a press conference in Nova Arkades today the President announced that she would be mobilising the 3rd Haijun Tiantang (terrestrial sky navy) as well as the 4th Kongjun to aid New Toola in their war on Terror. This force represents a total of 1.6 million service personnel and just under 1% of the Commonwealth's overall military strength since the arrival of North Cadian and Aramatherian refugees; military restructuring has meant that much of the force being sent is multi-ethnic and multi-cultural including North Cadian and Aramatherian volunteers.

The taskforce will be under the command of Shijei Feng Lai Kun and will be coordinating with New Toolan forces to provide long range and close air support for their own military operations. President Shen stopped short of asking the Legislative to allow the ground deployment of Commonwealth forces, feeling that such an act would draw vital resources away from the rebuilding and restructuring effort for the integration of the refugees. Nonetheless the large scale deployment represents a significant issue for the military whose resources are already strained due to the arrival of the refugees. Since the vast housing and infrastructure projects are largely military run and a significant proportion of their manpower is going into assisting civilian personnel in construction this is causing a major strain.

It is unclear at this point precisely when and where the 3rd Haijun Tiantang and 4th Kongjun will be seeing action however it is likely to be revealed in due course.

Joint Ajerran-Commonwealth Energy Project Bears Fruit
The bi-national deuterium development program set up to explore new and more efficient means of producing deuterium energy have borne fruit according to a report published by the Commonwealth's lead scientific body at the University of Vierne. The project was established with the simple aim of providing new energy production technologies which featured enhanced efficiency and sustainability while reducing negative environmental impacts; a goal viewed by many as ambitious indeed. Nonetheless the report entitled The Deuterium Evolution: Stage One gave a glowing appraisal of the joint efforts of Ajerran and Commonwealth scientists and the results thus far.

While Commonwealth led teams focused on creating a system of multi-core micro-reactors in a circular stacked configuration to increase energy output, fuel efficiency and stability the Ajerran led teams have been responsible for significant breakthroughs in core containment, cooling and environmental sustainability. Working together the scientific team has succeeded in creating its first working prototype which utilises an as yet unprecedented 18 micro-reactors stacked in a triangular configurations which according to the report '...is housed entirely within a containment and coolant sheath of Ajerran design.'

Professor Arno Valden of the University of Czerniy gave us this summary of the report in leyman's terms: "What has been achieved is remarkable; the Commonwealth led teams within the project have succeeded in creating a stable core configuration which operates with 34% greater energy output and 50% greater efficiency than a conventional deuterium reactor. The issue highlighted however is the immense amount of heat given off, since the configuration features 18 miniature reactors all operating in concert; thus an three Ajerran led teams worked together to produce a containment and coolant sheath which rather remarkably addresses the issue."

"In addition to the direct benefits of the prototype so far it is also vital to note that the team constructed it using only materials which are readily available or synthesised here on Enkon, leaving no requirement for long distance trade or resource runs in order to provide all that is necessary. While this first prototype does have significant drawbacks, for one thing the heat level being sufficient that over time it exceeds the upper limit of the sheath and reduces efficiency, for an initial design it does look very promising indeed. If the project can address the issue of heat and waste energy then we may have a working reactor in regular domestic use by the end of the decade."

"There are still significant hurdles and the report does state that the completion of the project is still far from certain; however given the level of progress thus far it would seem perhaps not overconfident to express optimism at this stage."

Imperial Question Answered
The Legislative today approved proposals by the Shen Administration which addressed the question posed by the arrival of Princess Li-Hua with the North Cadian refugee fleet. Though a great deal of bitterness and resentment does exist towards the former Arcadian Reich and the actions of the Imperial Government in its dying days at the same time a groundswell of sympathy for the Princess' complication position does exist.

The proposals which were widely supported allow the Princess to retain her titles; Princess Imperial and Huo Shengren, while also allowing her to assume some of her late mother's titles; Tyrant of Thedes, Archon of Devos, Overlord of North Cadia and Sultana of Aramatherius as well as assuming the title Heir-Presumptive to the Throne of Arkades. However as there is no longer an Arcadian Reich, nor a throne of Arkades to claim she will not be elevated to the position of Kaiserin (Empress); thus she will remain a Princess for the rest of her life and pass on only the above titles to her heirs.

Under the proposals these titles are given as a courtesy and in respect of history, but they hold no political weight. The Princess and her heirs may not vote, nor run for public office and are specifically barred from political activity - a generous stipend of 1.2 million krendars shall be paid annually to the Princess to provide for her comfort and the comfort of her family; she shall not pay tax unless she chooses to do so unless she earns more than 100,000 krendars annually in addition to the stipend.
Last edited by Promethius Prime on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Glorious Palatine Union
"For a just and greater society, for the good of all!"
PMT Tech Thread - FT Tech Thread - Yurope 1936
Timeless Wizard and Regional Gandalf

Foibenia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Foibenia » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Government Protests Wofen Treatment in USS

Following an earlier announcement by the USS government that Wolfen people in the USS were to be treated as animals for legal purposes, the Minister of Foreign Affairs has lodged a strong protest with the USS. He said:

"This move by the USS is one in a series by several nations to attempt to deny the natural rights of Wolfen people. As sapient beings at, or at least very near, the level of human beings, Wolfens are entitled to the same rights and privileges. The USS even, perhaps unintentionally, contradicts itself, and recognizes the difference between Wolfen and animals. Animals cannot be slaves, only people can. We urge the USS to reconsider this policy, or diplomatic relations with Foibenia, the UWK, and other progressive nations will be disturbed."
Last edited by Foibenia on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents