NATION

PASSWORD

Liberation war of Bulgaria ( MT, OOC CLOSED!)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:26 am

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Asigna wrote:
How am I doing that? All my weapons or MT.

I don't know, I was pointing out that I think he was getting onto you about potentially being PMT, how have any of the rest of us used anything not MT?

I did not know. You guys are innocent...we all are..I just want less debates on this. I see nothing wrong.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Which troops? The group flaking the right side of the road, the group flanking the left side of the road, the four soldiers covering the wounded, the Humvees (firing on the right side) or the ARV-6 (firing on the left side).

Mine are throwing at your armoured vehicles. Are you sure we shouldn't draw this, because I'm getting confused too ?

You said that part of the group was distracting my troops, and I asked which troops were they trying to distract; and gave all the locations of my troops (not including the helicopters). I also implied that each of your fronts is being fired upon from two sides.

The velocity of the round is only relevant if we're talking about the possibility of the primer not to activate the charge because of low velocity/insufficient kinetic energy. Mortar rounds don't have a shaped charge, they're HE-frag and finally, it can depend on how the charges are thrown or modified. Stick grenades are much more accurate than pineapples.

Exactly - the crew might not get killed (if they're lucky), but the vehicle would be total. Same is valid for any BRDM-type light armour.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HE-Frag#High-explosive
http://navyaviation.tpub.com/14313/css/14313_58.htm

HE-Frag are meant for "soft targets" mainly personel, parked aircraft and unarmored vehicles. The reason a fired mortar projectile would penetrate is because you have a 60mm shell crashing down on a vehicle only meant to withstand 14.5mm or less (depending on where the shot hits). A thrown mortar would not because it would just kinda blow up on the ground beside it, implant some shrapnel, blow the tires if it's lucky and give the gunner a headache...

Shaped Charges (often refered to as HEAT), which include everything from RPG-7's to M830 shells, are more effective at destroying armored targets because they direct the full force of the blast into the vehicles armor instead of just blowing outward and sending shrapnel everywhere.
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:06 am

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You said that part of the group was distracting my troops, and I asked which troops were they trying to distract; and gave all the locations of my troops (not including the helicopters). I also implied that each of your fronts is being fired upon from two sides.

Ah OK, well it's like this (Tamboko troops vs yours):

• Some 5 of mine = your first Humvee + the wounded and those covering them;
  • Another 5 or so = those flanking me to the right;
  • Four assaulting the truck;
  • I believe around 3-4 = providing some distraction to your ARV-6s
  • Some 8-10 firing at those attacking the left flank and throwing bombs at the armoured vehicles

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HE-Frag#High-explosive
http://navyaviation.tpub.com/14313/css/14313_58.htm

HE-Frag are meant for "soft targets" mainly personel, parked aircraft and unarmored vehicles. The reason a fired mortar projectile would penetrate is because you have a 60mm shell crashing down on a vehicle only meant to withstand 14.5mm or less (depending on where the shot hits). A thrown mortar would not because it would just kinda blow up on the ground beside it, implant some shrapnel, blow the tires if it's lucky and give the gunner a headache...

Shaped Charges (often refered to as HEAT), which include everything from RPG-7's to M830 shells, are more effective at destroying armored targets because they direct the full force of the blast into the vehicles armor instead of just blowing outward and sending shrapnel everywhere.

But shrapnel action is not the only force, at least in close distances. The mortar maybe carries a kilo of explosive, which alone can produce a shockwave powerful enough to trash light armour, blow out doors and fixtures and shatter glass. It's not shrapnel that ruined those Humvees in Iraq and tore limbs off, you know.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Well here is a hastily made and very poor sketch of my forces (in blue) and what I perceive to be the relative remaining positions if your troops (red) and the firing angles of my forces. Also, soldiers incapacitated or dead are in dark gray...

But shrapnel action is not the only force, at least in close distances. The mortar maybe carries a kilo of explosive, which alone can produce a shockwave powerful enough to trash light armour, blow out doors and fixtures and shatter glass. It's not shrapnel that ruined those Humvees in Iraq and tore limbs off, you know.

No, it was Iranian-made shape-charged warheads, 155mm arty shells buried under them, and old Iraqi anti-tank mines re-fitted to detonate either by remote detonation or a lighter vehicle.

Insurgents in Iraq also got mowed down by freaking .50cals mounted on the tops of humvees despite the fact they were attacking from a much higher angle of elevation than yours appear to be...

I edited in a few more casualties to the mortars, but maybe I would be more inclined to beleive a mortar shell being deployed in a manner for which it's not made to be can cause casualties when you accept that a .50 cal made to pierce through weak cover (i.e. wood) and light vehicle armor to keep enemy forces suppressed would do its freaking job...
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:21 pm

I will post in nearest time, sorry for the delay!
Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:55 am

It's OK, I'm posting soon too. Btw, I haven't entered your tunnels.

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:13 am

Can I join?
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:15 am

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:Can I join?

If you join, then I shall join sides with Bulgar Rouge.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:17 am

I'm OK as long as you have a valid reason to attack me (if that's what you will do).

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:19 am

Since my IC posts are getting quite fat, I'll add side info on the conflict through news dispatches; going to pin them on my region's board.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:20 am

Where is the IC?

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:21 am

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:Where is the IC?

IC is too crowded. He needs a new thread.

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:22 am

Oh, just saw EC hasn't added it in the first post.

Voila: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=275683

Zhouran wrote:

IC is too crowded. He needs a new thread.

Actually dispatches are very useful for non-battlefield RP, take a look: http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=216086
Last edited by Bulgar Rouge on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:24 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:

Oh, just saw EC hasn't added it in the first post.

Voila: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=275683

Thanks, I need to plan my first offensive and no godmodding involved

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:35 am

Zhouran wrote:

If you join, then I shall join sides with Bulgar Rouge.

Communism is against the freedom of the people. I have my reasons too of destroying the Bulgar rogue to subtract the number of communists in NS.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:43 am

Asigna wrote:
Communism is against the freedom of the people. I have my reasons too of destroying the Bulgar rogue to subtract the number of communists in NS.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:46 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:
Asigna wrote:

If you want a real debate, to NSG we go, but it will take us nowhere. We are people firm to our beliefs.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:00 am

Asigna wrote:
Bulgar Rouge wrote:

If you want a real debate, to NSG we go, but it will take us nowhere. We are people firm to our beliefs.

No, seriously, attack me just because you assumed I'm Communist ? I mean, nowhere does it say that my country is Communist, it's a revolutionary agrarian state, and even if ideology is your reason to attack, you have no casus belli. And that can be used by me to justify a condemnation of your nation in the WA if I decide not to ignore. :roll:

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:02 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:
Asigna wrote:

No, seriously, attack me just because you assumed I'm Communist ? I mean, nowhere does it say that my country is Communist, it's a revolutionary agrarian state, and even if ideology is your reason to attack, you have no casus belli. And that can be used by me to justify a condemnation of your nation in the WA if I decide not to ignore. :roll:

If i get condemned...what happens? My Casus belli is that i came to El Cuscatlan's assistance because we have a mutual defense pact.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:07 am

Asigna wrote:
Bulgar Rouge wrote:

If i get condemned...what happens? My Casus belli is that i came to El Cuscatlan's assistance because we have a mutual defense pact.

...It will be enough of a reason to gather an international coalition against you, for a start. :p Yes, you have a mutual defence pact. I never attacked any of you.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:11 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:...It will be enough of a reason to gather an international coalition against you, for a start. :p Yes, you have a mutual defence pact. I never attacked any of you.

An ally's obligation.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:12 am

Well both our counties have an aggressive foreign policy designed for active destruction of leftist states ( For Silva they are all communist ).... in Cuscatlan you go to prison for singing internationale.
Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:29 am

Still. I'm getting far too busy with two countries already, can't open up a northern front.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:33 am

I found a good reason why Bulgar rouge should be my enemy

United Balkan Islamic Republics
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Balkan Islamic Republics » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:40 am

holy...cow...
a war beside my border :unsure:
i might join soon.
Last edited by United Balkan Islamic Republics on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC Fact:
A Federation consisting of Islamic Republics in the Balkans,such as Slovenia,Montenegro,Albania,and lastly Macedonia.

Ye dunn worry,Bosnia will be in soon :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents