NATION

PASSWORD

Liberation war of Bulgaria ( MT, OOC CLOSED!)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:03 pm

"So I make the claim that the 2003 Iraq War was based on a hunch, so it wouldn't be beyond the norm for my nation to act on a hunch and you bring up the barely related tangent that America may or may not have had a hand to play in Saddam's use of chemical weapons, and that somehow defeats my point?"

Open a history book.

Way to address my point instead of making a dumb reply that still has nothing to do with my point... :roll:

Was it an excuse? I guess kind of, besides the fact that the OP accidentally gave me bad intelligence because someone decided to return from inactivity (EC).

He didn't give you any bad intel that you couldn't have looked up yourself. Also, EC's return had nothing to do with it.

And I didn't make any false equivalences. You did. That's all I pointed out.

Really? Where did I make a false equivalence?

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Firmador
Minister

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
1. Way to address my point instead of making a dumb reply that still has nothing to do with my point... :roll:

2. He didn't give you any bad intel that you couldn't have looked up yourself. Also, EC's return had nothing to do with it.

1. Yes, because Reading doesn't fix Ignorance.

2. Now you're just lying, lmao, not to be unexpected. Whatever, I'll wait for Bulgar if he wants my OOC help TG or not.
Last edited by Firmador on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Firmador wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:
1. Way to address my point instead of making a dumb reply that still has nothing to do with my point... :roll:

2. He didn't give you any bad intel that you couldn't have looked up yourself. Also, EC's return had nothing to do with it.

Because any of the replies that you gave me about your barely-related tangent have anything to do about what said barely-related tanget has to do with me still being able to justify a nuclear attack against a fortified series of defenses following a suspect biological warfare attack on innocents.

2. Now you're just lying, lmao, not to be unexpected. Whatever, I'll wait for Bulgar if he wants my OOC help TG or not.

It's not a lie, you just refuse to admit your wrong about anything.

What does EC returning or not have to do with the fact that I had already RP'ed a drone flying towards the area in Greece your movement supposedly came through?

What did Bulgaria say that was "bad intel"???

"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Firmador wrote:

Because any of the replies that you gave me about your barely-related tangent have anything to do about what said barely-related tanget has to do with me still being able to justify a nuclear attack against a fortified series of defenses following a suspect biological warfare attack on innocents.

And read a goddamn book, seriously man. I'm not making fun of you, the answers to your questions (The Iran and Iraq areas) are in Books. I've answered adequately, you inadequately responded with a money laundering scheme that had nothing, if anything, to do with Iraq besides making them consider us 'Double-Dealing Middlemen of Satan'.
Last edited by Firmador on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Also I checked with the military realism consultation thread and they said firing an ARM would do nothing to make an AIM-120 miss...

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Firmador wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

1. Bolded.

Great. So what does the bolded have to do with your tangent that America wanted Saddam to use chemical weapons on Iran?

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:Also I checked with the military realism consultation thread and they said firing an ARM would do nothing to make an AIM-120 miss...

I see you misrepresented my argument.

I'll take care of that.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:35 pm

"AIM-9X happens to be one of the very missiles he's referring to as being immune to flares."

Well that's incorrect.

I was referring to AIM-9s, not the modernised AIM-9X.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Firmador wrote:
1. Bolded.

Great. So what does the bolded have to do with your tangent that America wanted Saddam to use chemical weapons on Iran?

*Sigh*

Listen, there's much more to it than what I'm posting.

But this should help fix the confusion to US Gov't has shoved down your throat on the conflict.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... vis-hanson

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Firmador wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

*Sigh*

But this should help fix the confusion to US Gov't has shoved down your throat on the conflict.

Once again, what the hell does this have to do with my point?

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Firmador wrote:
*Sigh*

Well *this* article doesn't really have anything to do with your point besides the entire basis of it.

But, whatever. I didn't expect it to hold.

It's more, because I know you're an American and you should consider it your patriotic duty, on the actual reason we invaded Iraq.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Firmador wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

Well *this* article doesn't really have anything to do with your point besides the entire basis of it.

It's more, because I know you're an American and you should consider it your patriotic duty, on the actual reason we invaded Iraq.

Actually, if anything it further proves my point.

So what your saying is that my point of using a hunch as justification for an escalation of violence of some sort using Iraq as an example is null and void because said hunch was simply what was pitched to the civilian government just to get them to approve of plans for which the military-industrial complex had other reasons.

Therefore nullifying my argument that it would make sense for my military to use a hunch as justification for escalation of violence (use of nuclear earth-penetrating weapons) to get my civilian government to approve of plans for which my military commanders had other reasons?

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Firmador wrote:

So what your saying is that my point of using a hunch as justification for an escalation of violence of some sort using Iraq as an example is null and void because said hunch was simply what was pitched to the civilian government just to get them to approve of plans for which the military-industrial complex had other reasons.

Therefore nullifying my argument that it would make sense for my military to use a hunch as justification for escalation of violence (use of nuclear earth-penetrating weapons) to get my civilian government to approve of plans for which my military commanders had other reasons?

And I covered this a WHILE ago.

You can just Lie.

But I mean obviously if you launch NUCLEAR WEAPONs on a hunch, I could just nuke you. And it wouldn't be hard for my entire region to nuke you.

I'd be setting a bad president to let some random noob launch nuclear weapons 'on a hunch'.

So Invasion < MAD

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Firmador wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

You can just Lie.

It's not a lie. It's a hunch/suspicion. More realistically referred to as a bet.

But I mean obviously if you launch NUCLEAR WEAPONs on a hunch, I could just nuke you. And it wouldn't be hard for my entire region to nuke you.

Oh wow. Always the big man, gotta bring in his region friends!

Also, which do you think people would care about more, tens of thousands innocents dropping dead while coughing up blood in the streets or a few dozen rocket artillery who's mountain caved in on them and now can't use it because of the limited radiation after effects?

I'd be setting a bad president to let some random noob launch nuclear weapons 'on a hunch'.

Wow. Wow. Just wow. The fact that you even... Wow. Just wow...

I don't even know why I bother taking seriously anybody who would use that word as such...

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Firmador wrote:

You can just Lie.

It's not a lie. It's a hunch/suspicion. More realistically referred to as a bet.

Oh wow. Always the big man, gotta bring in his region friends!

Also, which do you think people would care about more, tens of thousands innocents dropping dead while coughing up blood in the streets or a few dozen rocket artillery who's mountain caved in on them and now can't use it because of the limited radiation after effects?

Wow. Wow. Just wow. The fact that you even... Wow. Just wow...

I don't even know why I bother taking seriously anybody who would use that word as such...

Yes, grammer mistakes because I don't care enough to double check. BRAVO, Checkmate ole' chap!

"Also, which do you think people would care about more, tens of thousands innocents dropping dead while coughing up blood in the streets or a few dozen rocket artillery who's mountain caved in on them and now can't use it because of the limited radiation after effects?"

The nuke. Obviously. What kind of question is that?

"Oh wow. Always the big man, gotta bring in his region friends!"

Yes, because Nuking someone is so difficult and not just about pressing a button.

Biological attacks can be great for an RP.

Nuclear weapons are very rarely good for an RP.

"It's not a lie. It's a hunch/suspicion. More realistically referred to as a bet."

No, you're saying someone did something that you have no idea if they did it.

You're stating it as fact, then acting on it as fact. That's Meta in a sense, but really it's just a Lie.

I mean, if you want to Lie, go ahead. I Lie all the time in my RPs. (I actually love deception in RPs, blue-on-blue hits, triple secret agents, etc) I just don't do it to noobishly justify nukes, is all. That's literally my only problem with the Lie lol.

Why not just wait to actually confirm it, reasonably rule out most suspect actors and then retaliate in kind with your own biological weapons? Sure it takes months, but that's part of the fun.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Firmador wrote:Yes, grammer mistakes because I don't care enough to double check. BRAVO, Checkmate ole' chap!

What? :eyebrow:

Yes, because Nuking someone is so difficult and not just about pressing a button.

Gee, Mr.Icanseeurstealthdronewithnonexistantradars you think penetrating enemy airspace and delivering 1 - 4 guided munitions onto a given target (which has already had a fair share of recon done over it) is as easy as "pressing a button"?

:eyebrow:

Biological attacks can be great for an RP.

Nuclear weapons are very rarely good for an RP.

What difference does it make?

Either one must be carefully used and often require input from both sides, just as either one can be used immaturely and without rhyme or reason.

"It's not a lie. It's a hunch/suspicion. More realistically referred to as a bet."

No, you're saying someone MIGHT HAVE did something that you have no idea if they did it.

You're stating it as LIKELY, then acting on it FOR OTHER REASONS. That's Meta in a sense, but really it's just a Lie.

Corrected.

Why not just wait to actually confirm it, reasonably rule out most suspect actors and then retaliate in kind with your own biological weapons? Sure it takes months, but that's part of the fun.

Why would I do that?
If I used a biological weapon it would likely spread to his people and cause more civilian casualties than anyone involved with my command is willing to allow for, chances are the pathogen might not even penetrate his subterranean base, and there is always a chance it might back fire and spread back into Greece causing even more casualties.

OR

I could blow down two or three mountains, effectively taking out a large portion of his MLRS assests and disrupting the operations of others while killing probably less than a hundred innocents who were unlikely enough to have houses right on top of an NPLA stronghold.

Which sounds like the better option to you?

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:

Why would I do that?
If I used a biological weapon it would likely spread to his people and cause more civilian casualties than anyone involved with my command is willing to allow for, chances are the pathogen might not even penetrate his subterranean base, and there is always a chance it might back fire and spread back into Greece causing even more casualties.

OR

I could blow down two or three mountains, effectively taking out a large portion of his MLRS assests and disrupting the operations of others while killing probably less than a hundred innocents who were unlikely enough to have houses right on top of an NPLA stronghold.

OR

And then my country gets Nuked to Kingdom come.

The one where your people don't get glassed seems better :o

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Firmador wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Why would I do that?

OR

OR

And then you subsequently get glassed by all my allies and anyone with even a drop of morality in their system for killing insane numbers of civilians for no fucking reason other than because OOC you just have major ego problems.
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Firmador wrote:

OR

And then you subsequently get glassed by all my allies and anyone with even a drop of morality i their for killing insane numbers of civilians for no fucking reason other than because OOC you just have major ego problems.

And someone got all pissy with me for bringing in meh regionmates, eh ;)

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Firmador wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:
And then you subsequently get glassed by all my allies and anyone with even a drop of morality i their for killing insane numbers of civilians for no fucking reason other than because OOC you just have major ego problems.

You started it.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Firmador wrote:

You started it.

Lmao

Bulgar Rouge
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 am

I'll keep it running with Tamboko for now, if that's OK.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:09 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:I'll keep it running with Tamboko for now, if that's OK.

Fine with me.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents