NATION

PASSWORD

Formal apology (not an RP)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Formal apology (not an RP)

Postby Virana » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:09 pm

I wasn't entirely sure which particular forum to post this in, but this one naturally seems to be the most ideal place to do so.

To fellow members of the NationStates RPing community,

I would like to formally apologize not only to my fellow mentors, but also to the NationStates roleplaying community as a whole for a poor decision I made recently regarding my participation in what was more or less a spam RP. I understand now that my conduct was completely unacceptable and inappropriate for a mentor, and it severely undermined the tireless work of other mentors, NationStates staff members, and fellow roleplayers who volunteer their time every day to keep this community an enjoyable and vibrant environment. My behavior was far from representative of the dignity, respect, and professionalism expected of a mentor, and it violated the very principles I promised to uphold. I would also like to express my confidence in the NationStates moderation team for its continued vigilance and dedication to keeping the community a clean environment for all its members.

I sincerely hope fellow RPers forgive me for my unfortunate conduct.

Sincerely,
Virana
International Incidents Roleplay Mentor
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:52 pm

I feel as if I should apologize as well, but I wont.
Anyways, I think that a joke every once in a while didn't warrant such an eruption of emotion as to cause a shot-gun ban. I think it should've been towed to F7, or just plain out locked. Secondly, Nathi only acted because that the mentors where involved, which wasn't fair at all in my mind. If there's something else going on here, then so be it. Still, DLN is just one of those people I feel the NS community can do better without due to her temper. Do I feel that I deserved the ban? Yes. Do I think some of the other on that list do? Nope. Do I think NS would do better without that particular mod? Absolutely, but it's not because I was banned*, and hopefully she'll be gone before I am. Don't like my opinion? Deal with it and cry somewhere else. Actually, I do owe an apology; I formally apologize to those that made an attempt at an RP that where banned for spam by Nathi's temper tantrum (Mefpan comes to mind).

*Inb4yesIam!
Last edited by Oaledonia on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:38 pm

I agree with Oaledonia that it should have been moved to F7 or just locked, but I don't harbor anything against DLN. I also am not going to make an apology because I don't particularly feel all the bans were warranted.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

ViZion
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:51 pm

Virana, as a former Mentor and long time RPer - you are all good in my books. We all make a mistake once in a while. :)
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Tribea
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribea » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:59 pm

What rp?
Sediczja wrote:Sediczjan infantryman drops fro the ceiling, entrenching tool in hand. Extremist shits pants, followed by death. Great success.
ಠ_ಠ
╭╮
Fantasy RP:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289003

Eemeria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Eemeria » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Yea idk what this is all about but, you manned up and apologized. That makes you pretty good in my books. It takes a big person to do this publicly.
"For the Preservation of Freedom"
Join House Archelius: "Luxa Forever"
MT Prime Minister: Gretchen Parken
PMT Prime Minister: Esteban Villas
FT Secretary General: Isaiah Nagata
Proud Member of the:
International Peace Alliance - Dresden Group - International Anti-Terrorism Alliance - International Federation
Proud Member of the (retired) New Democrats in the (former) NSG Senate

Colonies & Protectorates: Zeucas, Vesisha, Ospertia

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

I hope Milograd follows suit in this.

You are good in my books, Vi. :hug:

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:32 pm

This speaks highly of you.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The State of Monavia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Dear Virana,

It is rare that I find members of the NS community who have enough decency of character and desire for a positive reputation to deliver an apology of this nature after making a mistake. Your decision to accept complete and unadulterated responsibility for even the least of your indiscretions and to remain chivalrous towards the moderation team is a testament to your integrity and moral fortitude. The real world has as much to gain from your virtues as this community does, and I pray that you will be able to make as much of a difference there as you do here.

In light of both the facts I have just mentioned and my concurrence with the sentiments expressed by Ganos Lao and Delmonte, whose opinions I have come to respect much in recent years, I feel that I would be morally remiss to offer you anything less than my complete forgiveness for posting in the spam thread, even if I found it amusing.

Sincerest regards,

Monavia

I will not dignify any whining over moderation policies with a response. If you want to post here, please address Virana’s apology . If you want to complain about moderators and their decisions, file your complaints somewhere else.
——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:38 pm

i am starting to cry :(

I FORGIVE!
Grand Chancellor Xavier Avantia XIV
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
"Those that survive our passing, do so only by our consent."
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill
----------------------------------------------------------------

Zomania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zomania » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:46 pm

I don't really remember who you are, but I forgive you too! :hug:
Last edited by Zomania on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Зумъния
"Freedom and Equality for all"
Zomania is a middle-income communist dictatorship in the general vicinity of Bulgaria. It is ruled by Premier Vladislav Dimitrov, who is also General Secretary of the Zomanian Communist Party.

Population: 20,121,000
GDP: $138,170,907,000 NSD
GDP Per Capita: $6,867 NSD
Currency: 1 NSD=10 leva
Military expenditure: $5,941,349,001 NSD (4.3% of GDP)
Military personnel: 525,00 active (2,400,000 reserve)
Armament: 2,860 tanks, 1,900 armored vehicles, 2,380 large caliber artillery systems, 500 combat aircraft, 53 combat vessels, 60 Scud missile launchers, 22 SS-23 launchers, 24 FROG-7 artillery rocket launchers
RP Information
Ruler: Premier Vladislav Dimitrov
RP Population: 20,121,000
RP Military: 525,000 active (2,400,000 reserve)

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:52 pm

EVER NS"er reading this just type i forgive, i am crying my ass off!
Grand Chancellor Xavier Avantia XIV
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
"Those that survive our passing, do so only by our consent."
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill
----------------------------------------------------------------

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:53 pm

The State of Monavia wrote:I will not dignify any whining over moderation policies with a response. If you want to post here, please address Virana’s apology . If you want to complain about moderators and their decisions, file your complaints somewhere else.

I was allowed to post with permission, try again.
Just another veiwpoint on something you don't understand.
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

Under construction

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:38 am

I forgive you for whatever you did.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Huda
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:07 am

Vi, you sold me some cool shi*, and I want more. You've been good in by books - Always and Forever.

The greater Vakolicci Haven
Senator

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The greater Vakolicci Haven » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:25 am

As honourable as your apology is, it is not necisary. You acted innocently (you are a human being first, and a mentor second,) and participating in that rp should not have led to repercussions.

Joining a rather spammy rp, particularly one with a few very respected names in it, should not have led to this amount of drama. Infact, in my opinion it is the moderation team who should be apologising to the rp community: they turned calls that were not loudly expressed (for more moderation of the rp forums) into enforcement of rp standards. You, and others, are innocent, and for this reason I will be following other leads and not extending my own apology.
RIP Vakolic, 08/08/2009-29/12/2013, unjustly deleted.
Population: 9.6 billion (to be added to current population of this nation)
Last known defence budget: 82.2 trillion
Last known gdp: $423.2 trillion (nstracker)
For other stats, please tg.
the greater Vakolicci Haven
Can be found in:
sondria
greysteel
varathron
tyrrhenia

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:31 am

Virana wrote:I wasn't entirely sure which particular forum to post this in, but this one naturally seems to be the most ideal place to do so.

I would like to formally apologize not only to my fellow mentors, but also to the NationStates roleplaying community as a whole for a poor decision I made recently regarding my participation in what was more or less a spam RP. I understand now that my conduct was completely unacceptable and inappropriate for a mentor, and it severely undermined the tireless work of other mentors, NationStates staff members, and fellow roleplayers who volunteer their time every day to keep this community an enjoyable and vibrant environment. My behavior was far from representative of the dignity, respect, and professionalism expected of a mentor, and it violated the very principles I promised to uphold. I would also like to express my confidence in the NationStates moderation team for its continued vigilance and dedication to keeping the community a clean environment for all its members.

Sincerely,
Virana

Honestly, Virana, relax.

I feel that Nathi, of all people, should be the one to formally apologize for a hasty decision at banning so many people.

Unless I'm talking about the wrong RP, then I apologize.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Virana wrote:I wasn't entirely sure which particular forum to post this in, but this one naturally seems to be the most ideal place to do so.

Sincerely,
Virana

Honestly, Virana, relax.

I feel that Nathi, of all people, should be the one to formally apologize for a hasty decision at banning so many people.

Unless I'm talking about the wrong RP, then I apologize.

This is not the thread for that. If you think that Nathi's judgment was wrong, it can be reviewed through an appeal according to the normal procedures.

The Blaatschapen - NS Moderator
The Blaatschapen should resign

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:17 am

Ganos Lao wrote:I hope Milograd follows suit in this.

I'm not making a thread for an apology or anything, but I've expressed my thoughts on the matter to the team.

We all make mistakes sometimes and I don't think that mine was particularly terrible, but I'll also be the first to admit that it was a mistake. I didn't enter the thread to try to cause trouble or hurt the community, though. I shouldn't have posted in the thread, even if it was in good fun and a joke, and I won't make the same mistake twice. I've apologized to my colleagues for any potential damage it has to our reputation, but I'm also confident that II understands that we all slip up from time to time and that I carried no ill intent in my two posts.

I haven't been hit with a forum violation in years, though, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. I monger fish. :p
Last edited by Milograd on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:23 am

I should apologize as well, not that many RP'ers will care, but nevertheless, I apologize. I should not have posted in that thread, regardless of if it was just to have fun. As Milograd wrote, I have not had a forum violation in a few years. It was bound to happen. Needless to say, I hope we can all put this incident behind us, move on, and get back to RP like we enjoy so much.
The Elven Kingdom of Amador
TETly Father of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Military Worldbuilding || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Discord: nstiami || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Saracenia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saracenia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:41 am

I'd say that the apology is unnecessary. Everyone has their good old ban or two, and this one imo isn't so justified. But whatever about that one, it belongs to another thread.

However, I'd like to tip my hat for you for making an apology, something that I wouldn't really bother to do. It alone shows you're indeed a professional and respectable mentor.
Last edited by Saracenia on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Screw Realism! thread and you should too!

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:52 am

Milograd wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:I hope Milograd follows suit in this.

I'm not making a thread for an apology or anything, but I've expressed my thoughts on the matter to the team.

We all make mistakes sometimes and I don't think that mine was particularly terrible, but I'll also be the first to admit that it was a mistake. I didn't enter the thread to try to cause trouble or hurt the community, though. I shouldn't have posted in the thread, even if it was in good fun and a joke, and I won't make the same mistake twice. I've apologized to my colleagues for any potential damage it has to our reputation, but I'm also confident that II understands that we all slip up from time to time and that I carried no ill intent in my two posts.

I haven't been hit with a forum violation in years, though, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. I monger fish. :p

You let Nightkill join your club, your reputation is already sunk in my opinion. :p
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:27 am

Quite frankly, I have a bit of a hard time taking your apology seriously.

Ralkovia made a spammy thread to try and elicit angry responses and got them, in a long and pretty awful exercise all around. You joined in on the fun for shits and giggles knowing full well how it would progress, and the only thing you didn't consciously expect was the degree to which Nathanica would bring down the hammer on you. Moreover, in spamming the way you did, you weren't just consuming bandwidth, you were mocking the new or inexperienced RP'ers you're supposed to be helping - that's just not acceptable from someone with the 'Mentor' title.

Were I a mod, I would have given out much harsher bans and gone through the steps to initiate a review of your Mentorship. Which is, admittedly, why I'd make a pretty awful mod, but that's my two cents anyway.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:28 am

Avenio wrote:Were I a mod, I would have given out much harsher bans and gone through the steps to initiate a review of your Mentorship. Which is, admittedly, why I'd make a pretty awful mod, but that's my two cents anyway.

Oh, to everyone?

Under construction

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:32 am

I appreciate the level of maturity that some have shown in posting here, though I too don't feel an apology is really necessary.

We've all had times when we've shown less than stellar performance in something or other. It happens. And when it's a group thing, it happens more easily, as it's a simple enough matter to get caught up in the swing of things.

It has been rather telling seeing how various players have responded. For the most part, I've been rather impressed with the accountability and good-naturedness that has been illustrated by the longstanding and respected players who got caught up in this minor mess. Most seem to recognize it as the tap on the hand it was intended as, and haven't mistaken it for some career-ending guillotine of random mod-rage.

As I've stated elsewhere, there is nothing whatsoever to imply that our mentors need be overly-chastised, or to have their titles stripped or reduced. They do a great job, and a largely thankless one at that, and I hope that they continue to do so, assisting to improve the standards many users have increasingly asked for over the years, helping newer players to learn positive ways to interact with others, and in some cases, older players to unlearn the bad habits they may have picked up in their course of play, or to repair a damaged reputation developed from inexperience or youthful indiscretions.

I'm sorry some took my action as a 'tantrum' or 'moment of rage' or what not. It wasn't. I don't mod when angry. I simply don't coddle or hand-hold, and it's simple enough to translate bluntness to anger - especially, I've noticed, when it comes from a woman on the internet. ;) It was a statement to address a rather long-standing problem that's been cluttering up the RP forums, some more than others, for a very, very long time. And as we have a place for the silly, it was inappropriate to carry on like that here, where it did not belong. Most folks seem to recognize that. Some refuse to. I'm more than content to let the general public decide how to react to some of the attitudes and opinions that have been brought to the forefront here. It wouldn't be the first, nor will it be the last time that hasty or angry words affected a player's reputation, or the circle of players willing to participate with them. Or contrarily, mature actions and responsible words done the same in a more positive light.

Best of luck to the lot of you. Please don't turn this into another spamfest. If you've complaints, you know where to take them. Thanks.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents