NATION

PASSWORD

OTARI INVASION THREAD(FT OOC: PLANNING)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

OTARI INVASION THREAD(FT OOC: PLANNING)

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 am

For all those who I've TGed heres the planning thread.

Story, The Otari, a Nomadic RaiderLIke Civilization, (Think Necromonger from Chronicals of Riddick), attacked the Kingdom of Tarsonis at its hight effectively exeterminating around 98% of the populace. Around 780 Billion Dead, 100 Worlds glassed and scorched so they can't support life. (Read the factbook for details of the war) The remaining Tarsonians occupy a rogue planet where they are trying to rebuild their society. Several Tarsonian colonies have been established, but nothing really substantial.

Now word has reached the Otari that some Tarsonian's not only escaped the purgings but are also rebuilding, and they are back to finish the job.

Full of plot twists and battles galor...hopefully.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:30 pm

I might not be involved directly, but I will definitely be watching this with great interest.

If I can spot a reasonable point for the Coalition to get involved, and assuming you allow it, I might just join in the fray.
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Dat's straight. Works for me.

Of course, you know me...
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Spit break
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Spit break » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:43 pm

I got an army, and political radicals ready to go for war................let's have some fun
Home planet: Empyion (FT only), system: Empiryion (FT only)
Captail city: Arlington

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Spit break wrote:I got an army, and political radicals ready to go for war................let's have some fun

Oh my God, I ain't seen you in forever...
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh theres always places to fit you in Morningstar. You thought Rethan had nasty Forces? Hes actually below me on the Tech Scale. Wait till you see the destruction me and my allies can muster.

Anyway, the idea im kicking around is the Otari are around a Month out. However they're nomadic destructo force of doom like in Independence Day and Chronicles of Riddick. So they aren't going to be exactly knowledgable of borderlines. So I figure they can cut a pretty bloody swath through a couple people before getting to me. (Cept Amazonia, friggin shroud bs)

The otari come equipped complete with overpowered weaponry, a mother ship, planet glassing technology a 15 km long destructo ships. All the fun stuff we wish we could do but for the sake of good RP dont. yeah anyway any suggestions?

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:Oh theres always places to fit you in Morningstar. You thought Rethan had nasty Forces? Hes actually below me on the Tech Scale. Wait till you see the destruction me and my allies can muster.

Anyway, the idea im kicking around is the Otari are around a Month out. However they're nomadic destructo force of doom like in Independence Day and Chronicles of Riddick. So they aren't going to be exactly knowledgable of borderlines. So I figure they can cut a pretty bloody swath through a couple people before getting to me. (Cept Amazonia, friggin shroud bs)

The otari come equipped complete with overpowered weaponry, a mother ship, planet glassing technology a 15 km long destructo ships. All the fun stuff we wish we could do but for the sake of good RP dont. yeah anyway any suggestions?

I'm editing that...in a ways...er, gonna address the factbook eventually but half the reason I fell off from the other thread (apart from fraternity shit...and a harder semester...and college football season here in Miami...) is that I'm rethinking how I'm setting up my guys.

Spit break
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spit break » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 pm

could give them some ungodly massive station capable of eating planets

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 am

ah AB i was hoping we could keep that thread going just in the past.

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:04 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:ah AB i was hoping we could keep that thread going just in the past.

We can do that. I'll just throw some chinks in from time to time because I want to change the way I'm doing things.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 am

alright so I got, The Otari invaded Tarsonis before, because of the (oh cliche) prophecy that Tarsonis would cause it's downfall. (Wow this sounds like Chronicles just on a massive scale). In reality, thats not the case, thats what the Grand Judicator told the populace to justify the war. In reality the Tarsonis and the Otari are the same race. Decendent from the Great fleet that left earth in 2015 somewhere along the line the two races split. The Grand Judicator, one of the 12 Judicators at the time, used the invasion to gain political power and to advert revolution. The Judicators' power over their subjects comes from the belief that they are direct pureblood decendents and only remnants of the great fleet that birthed them. Almost God like if you will. If the poplulace learned there were others out there, and that they were just simple men, the social uprising would be catostrophic.

and thats all i got so far. Any Ideas?

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 am

I've been looking at getting back in the FT circuit. Perhaps I could involve myself somehow?

The Blazed Imperials
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Blazed Imperials » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 am

I would like to have an bit of good FT RP'ing.

Spit break
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spit break » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:17 pm

well I'll be dragged in quickly for supporting Tarsonis so time to use new toys in this war

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Spit break wrote:well I'll be dragged in quickly for supporting Tarsonis so time to use new toys in this war

Oh boy, let's get some atrocities going!

Spit break
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spit break » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:04 pm

shhhhh the galaxy isn't suppose to know about those

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Spit break wrote:shhhhh the galaxy isn't suppose to know about those

Well it's good...I've been drinkin, hahaheeh.

EDIT: Running out of beers no!! This is why sharing is not caring.
Last edited by Amazonian Beasts on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spit break
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Spit break » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 am

tsk tsk a drunk man leading a multi billion person civilization.............this can't end well

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 am

eesh im gettin no help here.

Alright. so.

Otari. Nomadic warriors on a religious quest for dominance in the galaxy.

Government: 12 Judicators. 1 Grand Judicator.

There are 12 clans in the Otari. A judicator is the head of the clan. The grand judicator is then drawn from the ranks of the 12 and he is the ultimate authority. Corruption is rife and assassinations are frequent. However there is a movement to change that among the lower ranks.

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:56 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:eesh im gettin no help here.

Alright. so.

Otari. Nomadic warriors on a religious quest for dominance in the galaxy.

Government: 12 Judicators. 1 Grand Judicator.

There are 12 clans in the Otari. A judicator is the head of the clan. The grand judicator is then drawn from the ranks of the 12 and he is the ultimate authority. Corruption is rife and assassinations are frequent. However there is a movement to change that among the lower ranks.

Oh wait, what did you need help with?

If its story, I can pop one up mad quick.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 pm

some help I came up with a people but never thought much for back story. now for the interest of good RP i need one :palm:

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Alright, here's what I can pop up, tell me what you like/don't like about it.

From what I've gleaned: The Otari are nomadic, devious, and led by a council of twelve - dictated by a single leader. They roll with twelve different clans.

So I'm going to use five different bases to go from here - two from Mass Effect (the Batarians and the Quarians) as well as the Huns from the Late Roman Empire period, the psycho aliens from Independence Day, and the Hutts from Star Wars.

And here's what I can come up with (Disclaimer Note: don't read if you don't like nasty details):

When the Human flight from the planet Earth in the early 21st century was initiated, a segment of the departing fleet - a group of ships carrying a large, demographically varied population - was split into two groups based on a cosmic storm that forced them to head in different directions. While Tarsonians (or, their ancestors, to be more precise) found home, the Otari's ancestors found only greenhouse worlds, rocky dwarfs, and gas giants. Taking refuge on their massive colony craft, the Otari turned towards mining these planets for resources to fuel their continuous trek across space. They never settled, but instead moved from system to system - like locusts, they stripped star clusters cleaned and moved forwards over the decades, eating raw materials to reinforce their drive.

As the Otari came across other civilizations, they proceeded to either negotiate or conquer - more often the latter being the result. This added new sources of resources as well as many new vessels and client races - almost always as slaves of some type, otherwise as trade partners from the less scrupulous of these groups. The Otari migrant fleet grew to large sizes, with the colony ships of the original time becoming the core of a massive fleet comprised of refitted civilian lines and freighters rigged for combat, stolen authority ships, and full-time military cruisers, fighters, and shuttles either captured in fight or stolen in downright theft by strike teams.

In time, an organizational culture began to grow within the Otari fleet. They became a cruel race known for ransacking colony worlds, slaughtering the majority of populaces and enslaving the rest - either to work until death on resource collection or for brutal games of torture or humiliation through rape, mutilation, and gladiatorial combat against each other, Otari soldiers, or lethal animals. Some entire civilizations fell to the full brunt of the Otari force that cleaned through societies, causing mass extinctions. Mercy was never expected from defeat to the crusading race - only a tortuously slow death was ensured if one survived the initial onslaught. Other like-minded races outside of morals and laws viewed the Otari as a common society - never as an ally, but a decent trade partner and one to exchange with at the right times and draw information out of.

Recently, a rigid caste system has come to be the standard amongst the Otari. Over bearers from the top are expected to flaunt power over subordinates, who are viewed not to stride outside the ranges of their caste - unless they show sufficient promise to rise rank, usually expressed through exterminating a higher member in a significantly efficient and effective manner to warrant promotion. At the bottom of the castes lie the pitiful slaves from conquered races, those without rights, free to abuse - while the top is laden with the Admiralty Court, a council of 12 members known as Judicators who have taken the power (by force, generally) to lead one of the twelve demographic Clans of the Fleet and represent it to the overall well-being of the Otari. From those twelve Clan leaders, the strongest and most aggressive assumes the role of Grand Judicator, or in lesser terms, an autocratic leader who rules primary not by force, but fear of force.

The current Grand Judicator is (INSERT NAME HERE,) who assumed power (INSERT NUMBER OF YEARS AGO.) Possessing extreme intelligence and great foresight, (INSERT NAME HERE [to be known as INH from here on out]) remains one of the only members of the Otari Migrant Fleet still aware of the long-forgotten fact that the Tarsonians and Otari are the common derivatives of a single flight of people. Taking advantage of this fact, he quickly set his sights at destroying that vulnerability forever by pointing the aggression towards the Tarsonians. Declaring that the Migrant Fleet had intercepted communications that the Tarsonians were planning to take the lead on a coalition to exterminate the Otari to remove a blight on "civilized peoples," INH individually fabricated numerous reports and comms of Tarsonian holograms preaching the need for a peaceful, controlled society free from the opportunistic predatory tactics of societies such as the Otari - with numerous, cultural-specific insults thrown in.

Developing a sense of urgency amongst the Migrant Fleet, INH readied the Otari forces for war and enlisted numerous bands of pirates, smugglers, bounty hunters, and criminal organizations to aid the primary Otari onslaught against the unassuming Tarsonian realms.

Rationalization for what I did:

The Otari just aren't scary with a simple "prophecy" stating "you destroy us." They need to have some teeth, to be some mean sons of bitches who screw with stuff and really hurt people, as I've described in detail above. People they've been through hate them for their atrocities/enslavement actions, and they've developed a large network amongst the lawless portions of the galaxy for their history. As such, as soon as this new dude takes over (I'll leave those details to you, Tarsonis, unless you'd rather me help out there,) - and he's a smart bro who gets how stuff works and how to manipulate his populace to his whims - he sees this history between the populations as a potential stumbling block and looks to destroy it forever.

Boosting that, I've added the addition of a coalition of bounty hunters, pirates, smugglers, crime bands, gangs, slavers..etc...to his organization as for-profit hires, so to say, to give it an even more nasty look. You want bad guys, I give you bad guys who are more than capable of doing horrific stuff and not batting an eyelash.

The key concept, however, is that the Otari's biggest strength is their mobility. They're space people, they're always on the move - and they've been doing conquest for a while, and hence have a ton of experience. The new guy as leader, especially, uses fear of force - rather than force - to get across his leadership demands without actually having to expend the energy of enforcing his word, hence becoming a more efficient leader. In order to be the bad guy you want, he's got to be very bright. Very smart. Very tactical and strategic, capable of seeing all the angles and how to manipulate, lead, conquer, and manage all at the same time to provide a formidable adversary who isn't your run-of-the-mill "bad guy with no brains." He's like the Joker if the Joker decided to switch roles and become extremely organized and focused rather than maddeningly chaotic and random.
Last edited by Amazonian Beasts on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rephidim
Attaché

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephidim » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:17 pm

If I may, I'd like to offer a suggestion.

Since the Otari have this vast group of criminals and drifters to aid them, it might not be a bad idea to stretch the invasion across several threads. Not only will this make it more epic in scope, it will also give smaller nations a chance to participate without being annihilated. While Tarsonis Survivors and its allies might be prepared to take on the Otari in a massive fleet battle to determine the fate of the galaxy, battling a diabolical, mobile, well-organized criminal cartel that supports the Otari is more Rephidim's speed, and players like me can fight these smaller threats and have an impact on the war without getting in over their heads.
Starfleet Command HQ: Defensive Alliance

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Rephidim wrote:If I may, I'd like to offer a suggestion.

Since the Otari have this vast group of criminals and drifters to aid them, it might not be a bad idea to stretch the invasion across several threads. Not only will this make it more epic in scope, it will also give smaller nations a chance to participate without being annihilated. While Tarsonis Survivors and its allies might be prepared to take on the Otari in a massive fleet battle to determine the fate of the galaxy, battling a diabolical, mobile, well-organized criminal cartel that supports the Otari is more Rephidim's speed, and players like me can fight these smaller threats and have an impact on the war without getting in over their heads.

This is a real good idea, actually.

To boost on this, what I could suggest doing is take the approach of the various "Earths" that pop up from time to time. I've created/participated in four different Earths, so I know a thing or two - what you could do is create a main "hub" that would serve as the OOC thread (probably different from this one, to avoid clutter and establish formality) with a page, either right after or on the main page, that would, along with designate player sides and various coalitions, team descriptions, etc, would have a "table of contents" of sorts with links to every thread in the game. There'd be one "main" player IC thread, with Tarsonis vs Otari, obviously. Other threads could branch out - a diplomacy thread with a mind game of the Amazonians vs Tarsonians, for example, since we're always on shaky ground? Or Rep's pirate/criminal one with smaller-scale skirmishes and quick, brutal melees happening? Or even infiltration threads that we've all agreed upon in principle, and then throw them in.

Rephidim
Attaché

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephidim » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Sounds great to me; we'll just have to make sure that all the threads are clearly different, as the Mods do not look kindly upon those who create multiple threads for virtually the same thing. As long as each is centered around a distinct conflict or event, I think we should be fine.
Starfleet Command HQ: Defensive Alliance

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents