NATION

PASSWORD

Ties of Iron and Blood (FT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

MidwesternAmerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby MidwesternAmerica » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 am

Marcus broke away from the rest of the MWA group to walk over to were Overlord Navarrone was talking to the Dersconi and nodded polity to the Dersconi and turned to the Overlord and said,"Overlord Navarrone, My name is Marcus Sevr Envoy of my great-great-great-great-great-great grandson, The current Governor-General of the Commonwealth Danial Sevr. I am pleased to finally meet you."
DUTY HONOR LOYALTY FOR THE COMMONWEALTH

MT, Nationalist Commonwealth of Midwestern America:

Commonwealth Military in Peace:
Active duty: 16,000,000
Reserve duty: 10,500,000
Nationalist Foreign Legion: 6,500,000

Observer of SCUTUM
Member of the Covenant

FT: United Commonwealth of the Terran Sphere
Military:
Head of the Sphere Military: Lord-Castellan Johnathan Miller
Terran Legion:
Commander: Legion-Marshal Marcus Aral
Sphere Space Navy:
Commander: Lord-Admiral Kennith Hammer

Independent Legos
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Ties of Iron and Blood (FT, Open)

Postby Independent Legos » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:07 pm

“I must say, Senator,” Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum remarked cheerfully as they aproached Shander Castle, “Any doubts I may have had about the wisdom of having a Hermes gate installed are long behind me. To have completed the trip from Coruscant to Jannath in just a few hours!”

“Yes, it is amazing,” agreed Senator Palpatine, although he wasn’t really that amazed. Indeed, he’d understood the implications of the Hermes gate system from the very start; it was the reason he’d pushed so hard for the installation of Coruscant’s pair. “And even ships that are not hyperspace-capable can make the trip, which should dramatically reduce trade costs.”

The pair of politicians bobbed along at the head of the delegation; behind came a number of other dignitaries. Political protocol within the Republic being what it was, determining who got to attend an event like this usually ended up with more people going than might otherwise have been the case. But at the back of the group were three who hadn’t needed to contend with anyone to attend. The Jedi Council had been asked to send two Jedi Knights, and had selected Traanis Borgal and Jongo Putt to represent them by near universal acclimation. Borgal currently had no padawan, but Jongo Putt did: Thus, Threela Smeek trundled along a few steps behind her master, as custom dictated.

“A nullifier field is in place, Threela,” Borgal said over his shoulder with a hint of humor in his voice. “Try not to exert yourself. You could end up with a nasty headache.”

“Don’t worry, Master Traanis,” she replied. “Master Jongo has briefed me fully on what to expect and how to behave.” A step ahead of her, Jongo chuckled.

“Oh, I’m sure he has,” laughed Traanis Borgal. “I think I managed to teach him a thing or two while he was my padawan.”

“Against all efforts on my part to the contrary,” Jongo replied. “I was hardly your best student.”

“True, true,” Borgal replied. “Yet somehow you managed.”

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Cassandra led a grudgingly hesitant HK-59 down the platform corridor, passing the guards after handing them the proper papers to proceed onward to the interior of the Castle. After taking a look at it from the outside, the first thing she thought of was Cozy little target. Shame I didn't place a bomb in the shuttle. Would've wiped out half of Eclipse's problems right here. Fuck it, that'll be for another time. The castle was supposed to be extremely tight in security, yet she quickly found herself choking on her own laughter after trying to keep it inwards at how many items she saw that she could easily use to kill someone. She coughed loudly as she walked inside, struggling to keep the giggles to herself, "*AHEM* Sorry, the air takes some time to get used to," was the best she can come up with.

HK couldn't help but notice Cassie's attempts to hide her laughter and whispered to her, "observation: may I assume that your inner circuits are filled with as much joy as mine are at the utter lax security that this place has? I could probably come up with 100 different ways to kill someone just by looking at various items in front of me."

Cassie snickered loudly and slowly nodded her head in agreement. Now that she was in the main castle entrance, she took a glance around the room and saw all of the different representatives there. Many of which she'd love to kill herself with or without a contract. The first people she recognized was the Telrosian and Colonial diplomats and was heavily deciding on whether or not to walk over to them and begin to throw random insults at them. Then she noticed someone whom she could've sworn was finally long dead after Vorman last revived him from the dead. She turned around to face her back at the Lego Palpatine and looked at HK, "... Is the Force shitting me? A PLASTIC BRICK PALPATINE? Christ that faggot is just running out of original ideas to stay alive. I thought that that Agathon bitch finally killed him after Lord Vorman brought him back from the dead."

If HK had eyebrows, they'd be popping outside of his head. He nodded in agreement, "statement: yes, I thought that particular meatsack was dead as well. But it would appear he has found a way to exist as a plastic figure. Theory: however, given this current form of Palpatine, I'd have to assume that this isn't the man we once knew of. Probably some weird universal time warp which brought him here from... Wherever those things came from. Still though, not quite a meatbag but not quite a fellow droid either. In any case... I find them repulsive. I wonder how it is they can even live and breath in such primitive bodies."

Cassie shook her head, "regardless, we should be on our guard. I don't trust old prune face any farther than I can throw him."

"Statement: for once we're in agreement. While he seems to not have been corrupted at this point, I've stored his image in my memory banks for future reference."

The Bounty Hunter nodded, "you do that." She continued to scan the room to get a feel for the other diplomats in the area. She could've sworn that she knew the young lego padawan from somewhere, but couldn't quite place her finger on it. It would seem that he is a link to some of her recent missing memories and is suddenly filling in the holes. She shrugged off her confusion as being connected to the lego Palpatine she had just observed. Then to further confuse her, she finally observed the Dersconi, Tarkah. Now she was really confused as to why he seemed so damn familiar. "HK, do me a favor and scan that man over there," and pointed at Tarkah.

"Confirmation: Wilco. Scanning subject... Matching subject with Huntarian Empire public records. Velikiy Knyaz Tarakh Napoleon Alexeitovich Andropov, commonly known as Tarakh. Leader of the Dersconi. That's all I have on the Empire's profile on foreign leaders. Until recently, he's been on a low-profile of concern for the Empire. Just some big hotshot leader like every other so far as they're concern. Commentary: If you're thinking of hitting on him, I wouldn't bother. He shows up off the charts on my Gay-Dar."

She sighed, "first, you should know I've never hit on a guy that I didn't end up killing as a part of my contract. Second, didn't you modify that thing so that ALL organics read as gay depending on the amount of circuitry you pick up?"

"Reply: yes, that's because I believe that all meatbags are gay. Droids are the only superior form of intelligence so far as I'm concerned."

Cassie narrowed her eyes and growled at HK, "keep it up toaster. You'll be on permanent private time guard duty if you continue on this path." Cassie then marched off towards Tarkah leaving HK to decide for himself if he was to follow her.

"Future note to self: kill all meatbags."

OOC:
Legos, I'm building their comments based around that your characters were actually lego's at Derscon's Tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Derscon, I'm assuming Tarkah's full name is on public profile as I've forgotten to bring it up on MSN.
Last edited by Huntaer on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear."

SWG OOC Factbook. Under Construction!

Derscon
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 am

Tarakh smiled without turning around. "Cassandra Nord. One of the most feared assassins in civilized space, if you could truly call it civilized. And what brings me the honor - or misfortune - of seeing your charming face, so full of joy and happiness for her fellow man?" The Grand Prince casually turned around, an amused smile in his eyes, though the rest of his face maintained a neutral expression. He momentarily glanced over her shoulder, observing the HK-57 and its behavior in the crowd. "I'll take it that's not a flesh-friendly droid?"
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 am

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, Captain Killjoy." began one of the Shanderan men in the security office. His uniform and patch marked him as a member of the Shanderan Intelligence Defense Service, a special counterintelligence organization that had been keeping spies and other uninvited guests out of the capital for centuries. His rank insignia and name tag marked him as Captain Rogers, provided Drayver was proficient with the Jannarii ranking structure and badges. "You know just as well as I do that the GA's conventions on rules of war fell through. There is no international law that dictates what is or isn't a war criminal." he said before looking at the screen. "What? I don't see any weapons. I just see some armored dipshit with a flashlight.

Meanwhile, anyone that intended to live past the end of the day would be able to see just how wrong Cassandra's assessment of the castle and its security was. Shander Castle, sitting on the top of the hill that once overlooked the small fishing village turned port town of Bryn Shander, was now the center of a huge metropolis with several walls marking the repeated expansions of the city over the course of its more than eight thousand year history. Much of that history was marked by brutal warfare, and the castle had been designed to hold off armies in the event of an attack, and had been upgraded countless times as technology advanced. The castle in its current form was capable of surviving nuclear attack and maintain functionality, and its outer walls were home to powerful railguns where catapults and ballistas were once housed. The security was anything but lacking as well, with several thousand soldiers in their dress blues with their loaded battle rifles marching around and keeping guard, bayonttes fixed. They may have been in their dress uniforms, but they were fully prepared for combat and had full authority to use lethal force against anyone that they deemed a threat.

OOC thread here.
Last edited by Bryn Shander on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Jannarii Empire | Founder of the Hermes Alliance
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
FT Map of the Milky Way | Qustions and Answers concerning the Jannarii Empire.
NS Futuretech on Facebook | NS Futuretech on IRC | NS Balls | NS Trainers
IBNFTW local 8492

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:47 am

'The conventions might have fallen through, but the Vascilian articles of war haven't. This blue bastard is a mass murderer, responsible for the deaths of millions. Grand Admiral Thrawn is a wanted man and that kid with the flash light is actually packing a laser sword.' Said Dravyer, pointing at Thrawn's smug face to emphasize his outrage. Captain Roger's cocked an eye at the Aumanii spy and flipped the cartoons back on. Drayver sighed and sunk back into his chair, watching the man he'd been hunting like an animal, since he started his career, chowing down on caviar and trying to start a conversation with the General Staff.

General Polosh was smoking a cigar, minding his own business, when he was confronted by an unnervingly polite Thrawn. 'Well, if it isn't you...' Said the bearded giant, stuffing a hand in his pocket, very cooly avoiding the handshake the Grand Admiral sent his way. 'Still a Grand Admiral, I see.' Said Palakua, turning with the other Generals to form a stone wall. 'I thought they would have promoted you for that bloodbath you orchestrated back in '79.' Chirped Rogal. General Tashkent merely glared at the Imperial wretch, grinding his teeth in silent rage... He lost his brother in one of their terror attacks. He was bitter about it, Tashkent's brother was a mole in the service of the Terran government at the time of the "incident", so he didn't get any of the honors he deserved... And in the end, they had to bury a coffin full of bricks, because there wasn't enough left of him to fill a thimble.
Last edited by Auman on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:40 am

Thrawn merely gave a disarming nod at the comments directed at him, no form of handshake being offered at any point, and frowned slightly as he considered the generals word's. The Empire of Thrashia had never truly been part of any Imperial attack against the rebellious Fedral Union. While it was true that it had been Thrawn's plan that had caught the President of the Fedral Union, traitorous wretch that he had been, but past apprehending him, the Empire of Thrashia had taken no part in the police actions that took place afterwards.

"General Rogal, I believe you must have me confused with another Imperial officer," Thrawn's modulated voice replied smoothly. "I nor any of my subordinates took any direct military action against the Fedral Union after the arrest of President Robert Bastidas for his traitorous actions. You may blame the now deceased Emperor Palpatine and Vader for the atrocities that you speak of."
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 am

'That might be the case, Thrawn. However, Aumanii law is clear on the matter. You are the sole surviving member of that organization left, that we know of, to have been formally charged with the massacre. You're a criminal, guilty by association, convicted in absentia. Now, kindly, get the fuck out of my face.' Polosh crossed his arms, letting the smoke from his cigar waft into Thrawn's face. 'You're a fucking disgrace and this abomination of an Empire you had the gall to reform makes us all sick to our stomachs. Do us all a favor and eat your gun, you colored son of a bitch.' Spat Tashkent.

It would seem fairly obvious by now that the Vascilian opinion of the Galactic Empire, especially any of its more infamous personalities, was neither rational or balanced. This was the nature of emotional politics and thinking with your heart over your head. Palpatine and his apprentice were so loathed by these people that even the name of Thrawn's alliance evoked the very worst in them. This would be apparent in the fact that Thrawn was tried and convicted without his knowledge in a nation he had never heard of, so great were the sins of his superiors.
IBNFTW local 8492

Kilrany
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2005
Corporate Police State

Postby Kilrany » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:14 am

Her eyes never ceasing in their survey of the room and those gathered within, Marakova finally noted something of interest to her beyond the unusual abilities of the Dersconi. Slowly shifting her meandering course through the hall, she made her way towards the one known as HK-59, making no attempt hide the fact as she appeared to keep her blue eyes upon him.

Ten centimeters shy of a full two meters, this Kilrany was slightly taller than the machine she held a momentarily mild interest in, but she could not imagine the armoured figure would care. Her hands still held loosely behind her back, she stopped a meter from him and using English, asked in an even tone, “Greetings, who might you be here representing?”
Last edited by Kilrany on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is a language which chases other languages down foetid alleyways, pummels them unconscious, and rifles their belongings for vocabulary. - Russkya
(MT) The Kilrany Empire - Emperor Ivan Semyonovich Sviatov
(FT) The Kilrany - The Quinquevirate (Council of five)
Demonym: No alternate, Kilrany is the catch all term
Pronunciation: Kill-Raa-nee
General Purpose Kilrany FT OOC Thread

Tocrowkia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tocrowkia » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:38 am

Gathering all the Admiralty in the Reich in one place was, for obvious reasons, a terrible idea to many. Normally Lord Solar Antony Hartmann was inclined to agree. However, his trust in both the Janarii security and his dedication to tradition took precedent over any such concerns. Antony Hartmann was a man of 65 standard years of age, and he had served in the Navy for 48 of those years. And like many others, he had served the ruling House of Chaste for most of his life. Besides all of that, he figured that coming here with all of the commanders of the Navy he could break the ice with his new allies early and get to work sooner.

Hartmann had polished all of his medals extensively, most especially the one signifying his rank of Lord Solar, an ornate medal depicting a raven carrying an iron cross in the center of a radiant sun. In centuries long past, Lord Solar was an honorary rank given out by the ruling Steward to any exceptional military commander. The title literally meant "Lord of every military force under the sun." The position made him, technically, the second most powerful figure in the Reich, answering only to Stewardess Chaste. And even were it not for the fact that before his promotion, he had been an Admiral in the Navy, the supreme service in the Reich, he was now the superior officer in the armed forces, everyone answered to him now.

Obviously putting such great power in the hands of any one individual was a risky business. Centuries ago, the Reich had nearly been torn apart by a civil war between the Lord Solar at the time and the ruling Steward. But Lady Chaste had expressed confidence in his loyalty, and so Antony Hartmann had faith in him self in turn. Eleven different limousines, each carrying an admiral pulled up outside the castle. Hartmann was the first to step out, adjusting his cap and making sure he looked proper by glancing into the mirrors on the side of the vehicle. Despite his age, a healthy diet, frequent exercise, not to mention semi-frequent Rejuv treatment, he felt and looked like a man two full decades young. Glancing over he saw the ten admirals under his command all impeccably dressed in their fancy cream white officers uniforms. Medals shined, tassels fluffed, caps straight. He nodded toward the entrance, and the eleven officers strode inside, stopping only to confirm their names on the guest list. Which were, as follows:

Lord Solar Antony Hartmann

1 – The Armored Might of the First Fleet Admiral Justin Ebke

2 – The Mailed Fist of the Second Fleet Admiral Gunnar Behlendorff

3 – The Everlasting Vigilance of the Third Fleet Admiral Christoph Metelmann

4 – The Iron Will of the Fourth Fleet Admiral Kurt Offschany

5 – The Furious Resolve of the Fifth Fleet Admiral Arnold Folkers

6 – The Horrifying Vengeance of the Sixth Fleet Admiral Cynthia Beckett

7 – The Serenity of the Seventh Fleet Admiral Matthaeus Ziran

8 – The Eternal Sentinel of the Eighth Fleet Admiral Zelda Philippi

9 – The Endless Fury of the Ninth Fleet Admiral Rosemarie Matern

10 – The Beautiful Darkness of the Tenth Fleet Admiral Teresia Wessel

Of course the addition of the fleets they commanded on the list may have seemed superfluous, but the Admiralty saw it only as an important mark of identification that could serve a strategic purpose if they could chat up their counter-parts in Hermes. The Admirals all remained at rigid attention, while Hartmann began to mingle and socialize.
Last edited by Tocrowkia on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Member of the Hermes Alliance] - [Member of the Coalition] - Tocrowkia WIKI (Constant WIP. Check back all the time for new info)

General Information:
Title: The Liberal Neo-Imperial Reich of Tocrowkia (MT), the Interstellar Reich of Tocrowkia (FT)

Under the auspices of: Steward Seth Mahone (MT), Stewardess Amelie Chaste (FT)
Style: Your Grace. e.g. His Grace, Steward Mahone. Her Grace, Stewardess Amelie Chaste.

Official Language: Neo-Gothic

Demonym Tocrowkian
Sporting information:
~Nordic Nation~

Titles: WBC 11, Keisler Cup I U-21, 1st Pheonix Cup, World Bowl IX
Leaders (Head coaches, Managers, etc): Paul Rudolf (Baseball), Vincenz Roehler (Gridiron), Justin Michahelles (Hockey), Richard Gottberg (LaCrosse), Jonas Haker (Basketball)

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:59 am

Derscon wrote:Tarakh smiled without turning around. "Cassandra Nord. One of the most feared assassins in civilized space, if you could truly call it civilized. And what brings me the honor - or misfortune - of seeing your charming face, so full of joy and happiness for her fellow man?" The Grand Prince casually turned around, an amused smile in his eyes, though the rest of his face maintained a neutral expression. He momentarily glanced over her shoulder, observing the HK-57 and its behavior in the crowd. "I'll take it that's not a flesh-friendly droid?"

Cassie raised an eyebrow. "So you do know me from somewhere, unless my reputation continues to precede me. And I'm hardly full of joy and happiness for my fellow... Man. I'm here mostly on my bitch's interest in marriages." She turned around and saw HK talking to the group of people who just walked up to him, "and yes. While he's programmed to fully interact with organics and their behaviors, there's something about people he just doesn't like."

Kilrany wrote:Her eyes never ceasing in their survey of the room and those gathered within, Marakova finally noted something of interest to her beyond the unusual abilities of the Dersconi. Slowly shifting her meandering course through the hall, she made her way towards the one known as HK-59, making no attempt hide the fact as she appeared to keep her blue eyes upon him.

Ten centimeters shy of a full two meters, this Kilrany was slightly taller than the machine she held a momentarily mild interest in, but she could not imagine the armoured figure would care. Her hands still held loosely behind her back, she stopped a meter from him and using English, asked in an even tone, “Greetings, who might you be here representing?”

HK looked at Marakova, apparently studying her before he replied, "statement: HK-59 at your service. I am the diplomat from the Huntarian Empire and to serve as a translator to the meatbags who should need them, as I'm fluent in over 100 million forms of communications. Commentary: my other primary function as a protocol droid is to... Facilitate hostile negotiations. My escort tonight whom you might've just seen walk off towards that thing over there is the Bounty Hunter Cassandra Nord. Of the two of us, apparently I'm the only one the Empress felt properly programmed for diplomatic functions. Doubt: though I have a small nagging feeling in my central processor that she's keeping me away from the palace on purpose."
Last edited by Huntaer on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrany
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Kilrany » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Looking back at his ‘eyes’ as HK studied her, she idly wondered how many spectrums they covered beyond those the normal human eye was limited to, and if they covered as many as her own did. Naturally its capabilities were of great interest to her, but Marakova knew she gave off the appropriate thermal and electromagnetic signature for a human of her size, even the sounds were there if HK’s ‘ears’ were sensitive enough, so she was not concerned with her nature becoming known unless she chose to reveal it.

As HK spoke, she allowed an eyebrow to rise slightly in a display of curiousity at his manner of speech, while privately somewhere she smiled in mild amusement. Returning to a more indifferent expression as he finished, she replied a moment later, “Interesting, though I doubt one would be sent to such an affair unless some faith was present in their abilities. I am Marakova by the way, standing member of the Quinquevirate, here to represent the Kilrany for this union between the Tocrowkians and the Jannarii.”

She allowed a momentary pause before she added curiously, “Is it normal for your leadership to send a bounty hunter to a diplomatic event?”
English is a language which chases other languages down foetid alleyways, pummels them unconscious, and rifles their belongings for vocabulary. - Russkya

The Island States
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Island States » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 pm

It had only been a month since his grandfather had lost his life in this city, but Imperator Wesley Newman was more than willing to make a diplomatic trip after witnessing the burdens of office back home. Between the constant squabbling between the ministries and advisors and the constant attempts at power grabbing by his uncles, cousins and great-uncles, it was a breath of fresh air to be leaving all of it behind for at least a few days.

The new seventeen year old leader of the Imperium of New Haven did not even resemble his grandfather too much in way of dress or appearance. The kid had no battle scars, wore glasses and wore a red and gold Imperator's Tunic without the ceremonial armor over it (his new suit of armor was still being forged and would take considerable time to finish). The only outward thing that he wore that established himself as the Imperator was his grandfather's sword, the True Sword of the Imperator: A Falcata bearing strange markings on the blade, handle and scabbard. It was said that the sword was wielded by the first Imperator from antiquity, but the new Imperator didn't buy any of that mythical bullshit he learned in school.

The taxi driving him from the airport stopped a short distance away from the gates of Shander Castle. It was embarrassing being hung up on by the local Imperial Embassy when he called for diplomatic transportation. It was more embarrassing when he tried to call back with his special key code to reach the Imperator Services desk and find that the code was no longer valid. Still, the taxi fare wasn't too bad for such a long drive from the airport. As he approached the gates, the Jannarii guards took notice and one approached him. "Beat it kid, there are no costume parties going on here today and we're not handing out candy."

"But I have an invitation!" Newman said as he reached for it in his pocket. The guard raised his battle rifle and leveled the barrel and bayonet at the Imperator's head.

"Keep your hands where I can see them! Now, who did you say you were?" The guard asked.

"I am Imperator Newman of New Haven."

"Newman, huh? That shit won't work for two reasons, kid. First, James Newman was an old fart. Second, he's been dead for a month! Get the hell out of here before I shoot you where you are."

"I'm telling you, I am the Imperator of New Haven and I demand to be let in!"
The Imperium of New Haven
IBNFTW local 8492

Tocrowkia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tocrowkia » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:51 pm

The last of the Tocrowkian guests shuffled inside. Among them were Angelina Chaste, mother of the bride-to-be, 'Aleski Burygn' , the chief of the Tocrowkian side of security, and of course various friends and relatives of the Stewardess. The guests were allowed private quarters in order to freshen up, change clothing and do what ever else they needed to do before the ceremony. Personal stylists were assigned to each of the Tocrowkian guests to help with these proceedings. The air-tight case that contained the Stewardess's wedding dress was carefully handled by a group of diligent Tocrowkian stylists and delivered to her room. Inside, yet more stylists assisted Lady Chaste in preparing for the biggest day of her life.

Tocrowkian staff had arrived well before the guests and were now hard at work with their Janarii counter-parts. Chefs and linecooks rushed to prepare traditional Tocrowkian dishes. Refrigerated cases of alcohol, containing the finest of Tocrowkian beers and spirits were being unloaded as quickly and as neatly as possible. The massive wedding cake had to be assembled on sight, as each layer was also delivering in separate refrigerated cases. So as not to offend any particular taste, each layer was a different flavor(Angelina Chaste considered this a very clever touch. However, it had been her idea...) while the wait staff was being briefed on the menu. All of the staff was promised a massive paycheck for their services, providing everything went right. Anyone who goofed up would have their salary halved. So needless to say, no one wanted to be the douche that went and messed everything up.
[Member of the Hermes Alliance] - [Member of the Coalition] - Tocrowkia WIKI (Constant WIP. Check back all the time for new info)

General Information:
Title: The Liberal Neo-Imperial Reich of Tocrowkia (MT), the Interstellar Reich of Tocrowkia (FT)

Under the auspices of: Steward Seth Mahone (MT), Stewardess Amelie Chaste (FT)
Style: Your Grace. e.g. His Grace, Steward Mahone. Her Grace, Stewardess Amelie Chaste.

Official Language: Neo-Gothic

Demonym Tocrowkian
Sporting information:
~Nordic Nation~

Titles: WBC 11, Keisler Cup I U-21, 1st Pheonix Cup, World Bowl IX
Leaders (Head coaches, Managers, etc): Paul Rudolf (Baseball), Vincenz Roehler (Gridiron), Justin Michahelles (Hockey), Richard Gottberg (LaCrosse), Jonas Haker (Basketball)

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Kilrany wrote:Looking back at his ‘eyes’ as HK studied her, she idly wondered how many spectrums they covered beyond those the normal human eye was limited to, and if they covered as many as her own did. Naturally its capabilities were of great interest to her, but Marakova knew she gave off the appropriate thermal and electromagnetic signature for a human of her size, even the sounds were there if HK’s ‘ears’ were sensitive enough, so she was not concerned with her nature becoming known unless she chose to reveal it.

As HK spoke, she allowed an eyebrow to rise slightly in a display of curiousity at his manner of speech, while privately somewhere she smiled in mild amusement. Returning to a more indifferent expression as he finished, she replied a moment later, “Interesting, though I doubt one would be sent to such an affair unless some faith was present in their abilities. I am Marakova by the way, standing member of the Quinquevirate, here to represent the Kilrany for this union between the Tocrowkians and the Jannarii.”

HK scanned his database on the Kilrany and found very little information about them. "Commentary: I'm afraid we know very little about your specific meatbag species and their government."

She allowed a momentary pause before she added curiously, “Is it normal for your leadership to send a bounty hunter to a diplomatic event?”

"Clarification: not usually, but in this case this particular meatsack is a personal fuck buddy of the Empress. I suppose that since I lack the female personality in my CPU, she felt it was necessary that she sent someone who might even slightly relate to her. Women."

Kilrany
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Kilrany » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Finding herself pleasantly surprised by HK’s apparent candor, Marakova allowed this to show for a moment by grunting slightly in amusement before giving a small nod of her head in understanding, “I cannot say this surprises me, we’ve made it a habit in the past to keep to ourselves,” annoyance then crept into her voice, “Only recently have we been forced to take steps to change this.”

With a slight shake of her head she continued with a more even tone, “This does however naturally put me in a similar position of knowing little of the Huntarian Empire, this should be remedied at some point when time allows. For now though I am more interested by you. Are synthetics common in Huntaer?”

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Huntaer wrote:Cassie raised an eyebrow. "So you do know me from somewhere, unless my reputation continues to precede me. And I'm hardly full of joy and happiness for my fellow... Man. I'm here mostly on my bitch's interest in marriages." She turned around and saw HK talking to the group of people who just walked up to him, "and yes. While he's programmed to fully interact with organics and their behaviors, there's something about people he just doesn't like."

"'I do know you from somewhere?' What's that supposed to mean?" He smiled innocently, though his eyes reflected a deeper knowledge. "It is best not to confuse dream with objective reality - if there is such a thing." He sized her up, and his smile turned into a smirk. "But I suppose neither matters to you, as long as something bleeds." Glancing back at the robot, he shrugged. "Well, I suppose inter-species rivalry will always exist."

As the Tocrowkians finally filled the grand hall, Tarakh casually - and psionically - observed them, when one particular character with an intense signature marked his interest. Oh, it is you. He made a note to find him later, before turning back to Cassandra. "So what makes a bounty hunter a delegate? Or are you more passive when you don't have a mark?"
Last edited by Derscon on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Auman wrote:'That might be the case, Thrawn. However, Aumanii law is clear on the matter. You are the sole surviving member of that organization left, that we know of, to have been formally charged with the massacre. You're a criminal, guilty by association, convicted in absentia. Now, kindly, get the fuck out of my face.' Polosh crossed his arms, letting the smoke from his cigar waft into Thrawn's face. 'You're a fucking disgrace and this abomination of an Empire you had the gall to reform makes us all sick to our stomachs. Do us all a favor and eat your gun, you colored son of a bitch.' Spat Tashkent.

It would seem fairly obvious by now that the Vascilian opinion of the Galactic Empire, especially any of its more infamous personalities, was neither rational or balanced. This was the nature of emotional politics and thinking with your heart over your head. Palpatine and his apprentice were so loathed by these people that even the name of Thrawn's alliance evoked the very worst in them. This would be apparent in the fact that Thrawn was tried and convicted without his knowledge in a nation he had never heard of, so great were the sins of his superiors.

Valdrako Dimirykula observed the entire exchange with delight. He enjoyed the Aumanii, but had always found a place in his "heart" for the GE. However, Palpatine and Vader were simply bad leaders, comic book villains, and not worth the demon's time. Thrawn, though...there was a personality there, someone more than just the "pure evil" so often associated with the Sith, those annoying batshit insane religious whackos, libertine to the point of self-destruction. Valdrako enjoyed it - more grieving spirits for the harvest. But still.

He didn't comment, even though he was in the circle. It wasn't his place. Besides, this was entertaining.

瞞天過海

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 am

Thrawn frowned slightly at the generals. It was a look that made junior officers and admirals alike cringe in fear and disgust with themselves at earning that look from the Chiss grand admiral. It was a look that any officer of the fleet would gladly go his entire life without ever seeing, even if not aimed at him. Thrawn's command presence was pulsing outwards like a beacon as he stared intently at Tashkent.

"I seem to have been mistaken in my judgments of the Aumanii and Janarii. You are all as backwards and uncouth as my reports led me to believe," Thrawn said, his voice not an iota different in tone or inflection from when he first started the conversation. "Truly a pity."

Without another word Thrawn turned on his heal. Major Tierce, his jaw seemingly bolted closed, visibly struggled to remain silent as he followed his superior. Thrawn walked over towards Cassandra Nord and HK-59 who were speaking with a Dersconi, Tarakh Andropov. The trio turned as he joined them.

"Miss Nord, I do believe that this is the first time I've had the pleasure of meeting you in person," Thrawn favored her with a small smile. "Your service to the Empire has been...exemplary, if unorthodox."
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am

Valdrako chuckled at Thrawn as he left, clearly amused by the whole display. Talking half to Tashkent and the generals and half to himself, he sighed. "While the Imperium does view you as mildly barbaric, my dear Vascilians, for Thrawn to call you backwards truly is the pot calling the kettle a nigger."

瞞天過海

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 am

'Better to be backward than be a faggot, Thrawn!' Shouted Polosh so loudly that he could be heard outside. Four separate, but equal, sets of middle fingers were erected behind the head of the lousy "Blue Bastard of Thrashia" as he was known around the office. There was one definite difference between Hermes and the rest of the galaxy, not a member among them hid their true feelings behind the facade of civility... If a man was truly detestable, they would no doubt hear it and what source better than the Vascilians?
IBNFTW local 8492

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 am

With a cheerful smile, and a meek demeanor, Carla Bailey Gates held out her hand to the Telrosian Delegate. “I have been doing well.” she said, while sneaking a glass of champaign, from a waiter walking around with a silver tray. Putting the bubbly wine to her lips, she took a small sip. “It has been a very busy time, as you know.” she said.

“Between the various operations oversight in the Quorum, and the daily bickering within it’s halls, it’s a wonder that we are able to get anything done. But what is life without it’s challenges.”

“I have heard though, of the incident over that planet, what was it’s name again?” she asked. “I am very glad to hear that you had success in preventing the total genocide of the planet. I do hope that although we were unable at the time to gather a force, that the medical vessel that was sent was of value to you.”

Taking another sip, she continued, “I would like to offer New Dornalia’s support, in garrisoning that planet. According to the reports I have read, it looks like you are about to install a permeant base on the planet. If there is anything the United Colonies can do, just let me know. I got ways to sneak things in on the Quorum.” she said with a small wink.

Then as she finished, she heard a commotion, of the Aumanii, yelling at Thrawn calling him a faggot. She sighed briefly, “It would seem that no matter what function you attend to, that someone has to turn a happy occasion into a degenerate pit.” she said. Then as she looked over around the room, she noticed the Huntarian Delegation.

“Oh just lovely.” she continued as she looked towards the Huntarians, whom were now talking with Thrawn, and someone else she didn’t know. “They had to send HK.” she said sighing. Turning to the honor guard, she shook her head. “Don’t let that droid troll you.” she said to them.

“Well I must go over and say a quick word to our other allies.” she said, as she placed her hand on the Telrosian’s shoulder. “It’s been a pleasure.”

Taking her glass, with her honor guard in tow, she walked over to the circle forming around Cassandra. “Admiral Thrawn, and Cassandra Nord. I must say I am pleasantly surprised to see you both here.” she said. “And whom may this person with you be?” she asked referring to the Derscon’s person.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Tarakh smiled, amused at the newcomer to the circle. He wasn't surprised that Carla had no idea who he was - after all, he pretty much kept out of what little spotlight Derscon failed to avoid. He wasn't offended, either. The Amaranthine Imperium found it safer to remain in the background and shadows, and seemed to be economically powerful enough to allow its allies to turn a blind eye to the Imperium's constant lack of military aid in conflicts, preferring to give low-to-no interest loans or outright material charity.

Tarakh gave a polite nod to the Kobolian Representative, speaking in an almost incomprehensibly thick Dersconi1 accent. "Ms. Baileygates, I presume? I am Velikiy Knyaz Tarakh Andropov2, of the Amaranthine Imperium."

A few notes:
1. Dersconi accent sounds Slavic (More Polish/Slovenian than Russian) but with heavy Icelandic influence, sans Swedish gayness.
2. To clarify the prince's name:
Velikiy Knyaz means Grand Prince
Tarakh is his first name
Napoleon is his "adopted name," indicating he is an adopted member into the Greater Prussian imperial family, the Napoleons.
Alexeitovich Andropov is self-explanatory.
Last edited by Derscon on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

瞞天過海

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Kilrany wrote:Finding herself pleasantly surprised by HK’s apparent candor, Marakova allowed this to show for a moment by grunting slightly in amusement before giving a small nod of her head in understanding, “I cannot say this surprises me, we’ve made it a habit in the past to keep to ourselves,” annoyance then crept into her voice, “Only recently have we been forced to take steps to change this.”

With a slight shake of her head she continued with a more even tone, “This does however naturally put me in a similar position of knowing little of the Huntarian Empire, this should be remedied at some point when time allows. For now though I am more interested by you. Are synthetics common in Huntaer?”

HK continued to survey the room while Marakova spoke, "Reply: they exist, yes. We have astromech droids, protocol droids, guard droids and so on. Even multiple versions of myself are offered on the market. But alas, they are not as good as the original. I'm afraid that I'm the only worthy droid of note in the Empire. Every other one is made out of pure epic fail. How I despise my lesser brethren."

-----------------------------------------

The Bounty Hunter grunted to herself as Tarkah called her a delegate, "I'm HARDLY a delegate. I'm on body guard service for that tin can over there," she jabbed a finger in HK's direction. "Otherwise, everyone here is still a potential target for my pleasure should they try to fuck with me." It wasn't long after when Thrawn showed up on the scene and things got a little bit more interesting. She gave the Grand Admiral a maniacal grinn as Thrawn complimented her services, "thank you Admiral. Anything for a little bit of blood sporting." Then Polosh shouted out his insult at the blue Admiral and she snickered to herself inside. "Give me the word Admiral and I'll have him out of your shoes in no time."

Cassie turned around and found herself facing Carla. She laughed out loud as Carla said she was pleased to see her, "huh, I would've thought you guys would still be pissed off at all the mysterious deaths since my arrival on Earth. Any luck finding them by the way?"

OOC:
Trying to get everything in this post. Kinda sucky, but there you go.
Last edited by Huntaer on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 pm

"Simply ignore it Miss Nord," replied Thrawn. "Petty words from simple minds are nothing to be concerned over. May I introduce to you Major Tierce? He is a member of my body guard and a former member of the Royal Guard."

Major Tierce eyed Cassandra Nord from head to toe, not in any sort of perverse manner, but more in line with a bull fighter sizing up another potential bull. "Bounty hunter," nodded Tierce in greeting. They were then joined by Carla Gates. Thrawn turned and bowed slightly to her.

"A pleasure to see you again Ms. Gates," Thrawn said, a small smile coming to his lips. "The surprise is mine as well." Thrawn then turned to observe the Dersconi individual that was part of the group. His photographic memory told him everything that he had read in the file from intelligence, but it had merely a name, a photo, and a few odd bits of information like the flavor of tooth paste that the man used.

"Indeed," Thrawn added to Ms. Gates' question, turning to the Dersconi. "I've not yet had the pleasure."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents