NATION

PASSWORD

Future Tech Advice and Assistance Thread [O.O.C.]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

This is not a thread for MT discussion, please take your conversation elsewhere unless you need help that is specific to FT.
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

Vorkova
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vorkova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Vocenae wrote:This is not a thread for MT discussion, please take your conversation elsewhere unless you need help that is specific to FT.

Just because this is FT doesn't mean you can't use MT vehicles as a base for something. We have to start somewhere, and he could easily be equipping his SPAAG with rail/laser cannons.
Last edited by Vorkova on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ekoridge
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ekoridge » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Vorkova wrote:
Ekoridge wrote:Well, now that I look at it, I mention the MBTs being anti-infantry and anti-air... maybe I got that mixed up, lol. Maybe the dual-barrel tanks could be used for anti-air, considering that a good portion of the enemy aircraft are fairly slow and bulky? I know I only need one tank design, but I liked the idea of a dual-barrel tank, but I also had a feeling that there would be unforeseen problems with the dual-barreled design (Considering there aren't any in use today, I took that as a sign that it wasn't the best idea(as you just confirmed))
So I went the safe route, and made a MBT that was fully operational and conventional, while keeping the dual-barrel for the 'futuristic/experimental' factor. Seeing as I don't need it as it is now, how could I adapt it to be useful?

You could replace the dual barrels with autocannons or Gatling guns and use it to defend against helicopters or low flying aircraft. Something like this, perhaps? You can use them for anti-personnel duty as well, and I don't think you mentioned a SPAAG anywhere. This is pretty good for a base as well - the missiles are definitely useful.

:o Those are nice, and no, I don't have any 'SPAAG' as of yet. This is very good. Railgun and surface-to-air missiles for AA and tungsten canister shells for Anti-Personnel, maybe even some coaxial L'HMGs to-boot. Ooooh, I can definitely use that. I'll get working on something.
Thanks, Vorkova :)
Last edited by Ekoridge on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skeptist, Bisexual, furry Feline (lotta furs on NS), Musician, Communist, Italian-American, Gamer & Developer, Artist, etc.
Likely the most horrible person you will never meet.
I will argue for/against views that aren't my own for fun.

Step1; -Being Awesome at Sex-
Step2; -24 hour news coverage-
Step3; ???
Step4; Profit

-The biggest, blackest cock;- child tested, mother approved.

Haiku;
-A Bosnian Chicken Farmer-
-Agriculture-
-Spectacular Abs-

My life motto: Never pass up a chance to make someone's day.*
TG me sometime, plz, I'm lonely.
(*Application of motto is conditional and can be denied due to prerequisites held by the motto owner, terms and conditions apply, see store for details)

Vorkova
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vorkova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Ekoridge wrote:
Vorkova wrote:You could replace the dual barrels with autocannons or Gatling guns and use it to defend against helicopters or low flying aircraft. Something like this, perhaps? You can use them for anti-personnel duty as well, and I don't think you mentioned a SPAAG anywhere. This is pretty good for a base as well - the missiles are definitely useful.

:o Those are nice, and no, I don't have any 'SPAAG' as of yet. This is very good. Railgun and surface-to-air missiles for AA and tungsten canister shells for Anti-Personnel, maybe even some coaxial L'HMGs to-boot. Ooooh, I can definitely use that. I'll get working on something.
Thanks, Vorkova :)

No problem. Just be aware of the limitations of theses vehicles. They aren't foolproof anti-air weapons even in PMT or FT.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Vorkova wrote:So FTL is generally considered the only dividing line? I always assumed PMT was the next decade (Rail guns, some cybernetics, ect), and anything that comes after is FT.

PMT is the least well-defined categorization in NSRP. It tends to be a dumping ground for everything that doesn't fit in MT and/or doesn't meet the MT peoples' standards of realism and is abused because of that.

Ekoridge wrote:Well, in the RP I'm currently in, everyone's on the same planet. So the fact that I don't have FTL is not that important. Now that recently some nations have started exploring and colonizing other planets, that could definitely become more of a problem later on.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about the labels. As long as you and the people you RP with are happy with your setting, that's all that matters.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Vorkova wrote:
Vocenae wrote:This is not a thread for MT discussion, please take your conversation elsewhere unless you need help that is specific to FT.

Just because this is FT doesn't mean you can't use MT vehicles as a base for something. We have to start somewhere, and he could easily be equipping his SPAAG with rail/laser cannons.

As stipulated in the original post, this thread is primarily concerned with providing advice and assistance in regard to the NationStates Future Technology community, otherwise known as FT-Prime. While advice and assistance regarding a given weapons system, armored or mechanized platform, and other technical aspects of Future Technology is permitted, such need be constrained to their use and advisement/assistance in relation to Future Technology, not Modern Technology.

There are several threads where the merits of a given caliber, turret type, or bore diameter of tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, etc. in relation to Modern Technology might be discussed; this is not related to Future Technology and is an off-topic post comparing a given caliber of a given mechanized platform to another mechanized platform within the scope of Modern Technology.

By definition, this is off-topic. Please, in the future, constrain your posting to directly responding-to advice or assistance or attempting-to-convey advice or assistance in direct relation to Future Technology. The aforementioned post (linked above) constitutes purely a discussion on a comparison to a piece of technology explicitly referenced to be outside of the purview of this thread. Again: in the future, please stay on topic.

Thank you.

P.S.: As Avenio pointed-out, and as can be found in the first section of the original post, the dividing line between "FT" and "PMT" and "MT" is, generally, the advent of superluminal/FTL travel.

Clarification: Asking, "Can an 18 mW CPB be mounted to something akin to an M1 chassis, and if so, what strengths/weaknesses would you foresee were it to be utilized as a ground vehicle in FT?" and "What might the strengths and weaknesses be of utilizing a conventional or high explosive munition, compared to a DEW, be insofar as their use as the primary armament of a tracked weapons platform or tank in a world where more exotic weapons are equally common?" is related to Future Technology. "What are the downfalls of the M1 tank in comparison to the M60?" and "Compared to the M1, the penetrating power of your tank is weak," are not.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Jovian Lunar Empire
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovian Lunar Empire » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

I eschew FTL, but what I do is undeniably FT.
Long Live Emperor Wei Granin!
長壽命澤偉格蘭寧。

You can find us in the World Dictionary.
FT Space Colonization Sans Hyperdrive.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Jovian Lunar Empire wrote:I eschew FTL, but what I do is undeniably FT.

Which is why when people say "It's not FT without FTL" (as an undeniable fact, that is) they fail to take into account that there are much more elements than just FTL. I'm currently outlining a single-system nation with an advanced space force, power armor, holograms, advanced drones, mega-cities, swords bordering on light sabers, but no FTL, yet it is undeniably FT.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:56 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:
Jovian Lunar Empire wrote:I eschew FTL, but what I do is undeniably FT.

Which is why when people say "It's not FT without FTL" (as an undeniable fact, that is) they fail to take into account that there are much more elements than just FTL. I'm currently outlining a single-system nation with an advanced space force, power armor, holograms, advanced drones, mega-cities, swords bordering on light sabers, but no FTL, yet it is undeniably FT.

The reason that statement is said with undeniable fact can be answered here:
Avenio wrote:Directed both to you and Ekoridge, but generally the dividing line between 'PMT and 'FT' is just the existence of faster-than-light travel of some sort, and nothing else. It's an intensely artificial dividing line, since there are lots of high science fiction works that involve travel between the stars, fantastical technologies, aliens and whatnot but don't have faster-than-light travel, but mechanistically and metafictionally it makes the most sense in a cooperative RP climate. If your given civilization has science fiction-degree technology but no FTL, your ability to RP with anyone without long interludes of cryosleep or what have you is basically limited to the setting of your solar system and nowhere else, and that gets difficult and boring to try and work around. If you don't have the ability to get to space at all, that limits your ability to RP even further, since anyone you want to RP with basically has to come to your planet and land in order to interact.

Which is fine, and I'm sure you could absolutely RP that if you had the skill and the sheer stubbornness to stick to it, but you should definitely weigh your ability to participate in the community and how much work/pain would be involved trying to cram your existing structure into the system in the balance when you're making writing about your civilization of choice.

Hence the reason for the dividing line - and for some contention as to whether "PMT" need simply be folded into the broader definition of "FT", with a revised definition (but an equally artificial one) being, "Anything that does not currently exist, is Future Tech," etc. However, due to obvious concerns over this - not to mention it flying in the face of the better part of a decade of history on NS relating to the technological advancement divisions - such has never been adopted in an exceptionally broad portion of the FT community...

Which brings me to why, in general, "It's not FT without FTL," is true: as Avenio stated, if you lack a means to utilize FTL (i.e. you lack an In-Character justification for the mechanic of "arriving when necessary"/"speed of plot" while still ignoring the effects of long-distance travel), it makes it exceptionally difficult to participate in the broader NSFT community. Not merely is it exceptionally difficult, but due to the simple fact that FTL is viewed as either a mechanistic necessity or a community standard (depending on whom you ask) in FT, in the event you lack it, you may very well: 1) not find individuals willing to roleplay with you simply due to the fact they have to go exceptionally out of their way to do it; 2) not find individuals to roleplay with, period, due to being the equivalent of a separate technological advancement division (say, "PMT" trying to "FT"), and thus might not be recognized as existing; and 3) not find individuals simply because it becomes exceptionally tiresome trying to roleplay with individuals who simultaneously proclaim to "be in FT", yet ignore a part of its very basic definition, in effect ignoring the real history of a community that has existed for a better part of a decade.

So, yes, you don't have to have FTL to still be a science-fiction roleplayer, however, if you wish to participate in the greater community of FT, FTL - even as purely a means to "arrive when plot dictates" without an egregious degree of handwaving the circumstances of knowing where to go, when to be there, etc. when if you lack FTL, you obviously lack the means to communicate-with or detect any activities at such inter-stellar ranges - is effectively a necessity.

Of course there will always be exceptions, but that's what they are: exceptions to the status quo. The status quo of both the IC and OOC natures of the NSFT community make the capability of superluminal travel not merely the norm, but the preferred standard.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Kyrusia wrote:-snip-

Thank you for aknowledging the distinction between science fiction in general and NSFT. Makes this conversation much easier.

Yes, it does make RPing in NSFT exceptionally difficult, but presents an opportunity to be exceptionally creative. As you said, it's main purpose is the ability to arrive, and in this respect I can see one of two things happening: the non-FTL nation arriving at the start of an RP in a situation with or without other FTL players, or FTL players converging on a non-FTL player's territory. The beauty of NS is that there can also be a script, which I'm personally a fan of, set out in OOC or by the OP to dictate a bit of background, expectations, and direction of the plot, which can easily be adapted to non-FTL FT players.

Therefore, it isn't an impossibility (that is, breaking the rules) within NSFT, merely an obstacle. However, categorically non-FTL players in FT are an exception because of their rarity, and in those regards I agree with you.

Anyways, this looks like a talking point where we are going to have to agree to disagree.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SquareDisc City » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:46 pm

If you want to write about an FT nation without some sort of FTL travel, I feel you'd be better off just writing on your own, or in a group dedicated to sublight interplanetary sci-fi, as opposed to the regular FT setting. Personally I'll bet there'd be a lot of interest in such a group, if indeed there isn't one already. With FTL communication you might "get by" in regular FT, if you agreed with some other people that your nation is important for something or other. (Random idea: it controls a region where FTL travel is naturally near-impossible anyway.)
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

The Torogian Collective
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Torogian Collective » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Now that I've planned out my collective of races more and started something, I've decided to head to the final step, my military.

So, could someone give me a name of a weapon that is recoilless and uses energy that isn't lasers or particle beams? I'm stumped. The most respected race is very fragile, and needs weapons that aren't recoilless so that they don't break their arms doing stuff.

(It's Canuck, by the way.)
[IC]FT. My nation is a Federation of Species, eight to be exact, all bound by economic and military ideals, and also bound by similar fears. If you wish to contact the Torogian Collective, please speak to the High Council
[OOC]Just call me Torog, if you would.

"[01:29] * CommunistAndroids hands TC a nice steaming cup of Why God"

New Tsavon
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:58 pm

What's this thread's opinion on squad-level nuclear ordinance?

I ask because I want to know if it's alright to go ahead and issue nuclear LAW-type weapons to my infantry.
Ave Nex Alea

Mallorea and Riva should resign

The Torogian Collective
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Torogian Collective » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm

New Tsavon wrote:What's this thread's opinion on squad-level nuclear ordinance?

I ask because I want to know if it's alright to go ahead and issue nuclear LAW-type weapons to my infantry.

You're carrying around a radiation leaking weapon that your soldiers have readily available that'll level a city block.

It's called the Davy Crockett. Just a little smaller.
[IC]FT. My nation is a Federation of Species, eight to be exact, all bound by economic and military ideals, and also bound by similar fears. If you wish to contact the Torogian Collective, please speak to the High Council

New Tsavon
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:02 pm

The Torogian Collective wrote:
New Tsavon wrote:What's this thread's opinion on squad-level nuclear ordinance?

You're carrying around a radiation leaking weapon that your soldiers have readily available that'll level a city block.

Tsavonian troops are wearing fully enclosed, radiation sealed powered armor. Irradiation isn't really a problem. Besides, its 2200 or so. AntiRad medications are a thing.

Anyways, said nuclear LAW would be a tad more compact than that thing.
Ave Nex Alea

Mallorea and Riva should resign

The Torogian Collective
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Torogian Collective » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:06 pm

New Tsavon wrote:
The Torogian Collective wrote:You're carrying around a radiation leaking weapon that your soldiers have readily available that'll level a city block.

Tsavonian troops are wearing fully enclosed, radiation sealed powered armor. Irradiation isn't really a problem. Besides, its 2200 or so. AntiRad medications are a thing.

I would imagine.

Yeah, of course. But it's the same concept. Imagine a thicker (Probably 4x) LAW and it having the same bomb as the Davy Crockett. BAM! You've got yourself a squad-level mobile artillery weapon.

Use it wisely.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:I do, but I felt like giving him some of my opinions on the issue and answer him.

He does think I listen to him or care about him after all, so why not entertain the idea?
But it is a pointless argument regardless,s lets all continue with meaningful stuff.

I don't think you understand, I take your advice, but I won't associate with the group at large because of multiple reasons, people like Dread being one of them.

Your not getting rid of me, I want advice, I want to give advice, get a Mod to get rid of me if you want me gone.

Its funny that your thinking I am starting the argument, even though I didn't, let alone that you think this while not even bothering to read.

Now there are people who are looking for advice, are you going to do what your title implies?

As per my understanding of the my presumably granted authority as original poster within a thread within the International Incidents board of the Diplomacy sub-forum, I politely wish for you (i.e. the player behind the account -The Unified Earth Governments-) to cease any and all further posting within this thread as it is found within the attached quoted post you seem to be incapable of calmly discussing relevant topics without resorting to vitriolic implications and otherwise detrimental patterns of disruption. If you feel you can continue without making generalizations or sweeping implications as to either the motivations or conduct of other players, I have no issue with your continued posting; however, in a mere three pages, your posts have, as of yet, seemed unnecessarily hostile and disruptive.

Just found this.

-_-

I never started this shit, If the case of me being able to freely talk here for help then I will come back.

But if I do I don't want anyone to be like (Be in Prime) or anything and start crap.

I just want advice, because I can't get help in just the Military Realism thread (Because it isn't necessarily FT friendly) or anything else.

However I do apologize for participating in any discussion in this (Earlier on) and in the older post.

I should have avoided it instead of participating in an argument which would have just worsened things.

Which I honestly feel I never started, maybe one but why care.

So I will put those behind me, I don't mind talking here again and I don't have issues with people here, perhaps a few people who I dislike, but in general I am alright with all of you and regardless I will take advice from people.

In that case I have a sorta unrelated question.

Is it alright to see fi I can convince someone to come into this thread and talk to you all?

I think someone may need to talk to you all about his FT self, since it seems like he may be too OP or anything for the general FT role player.

So would it be alright if I tried to get him here so you guys can talk and see if he is someone that needs to shape up if he wants to have a steady RP flow?

Because even I wouldn't want to find a RP partner and have it be someone too OP for me, and thats as a person who likes small selective RP grouping an all that.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

The Torogian Collective
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Torogian Collective » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 pm

The Torogian Collective wrote:Now that I've planned out my collective of races more and started something, I've decided to head to the final step, my military.

So, could someone give me a name of a weapon that is recoilless and uses energy that isn't lasers or particle beams? I'm stumped. The most respected race is very fragile, and needs weapons that aren't recoilless so that they don't break their arms doing stuff.

(It's Canuck, by the way.)

Vorkova
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vorkova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Kyrusia wrote:By definition, this is off-topic. Please, in the future, constrain your posting to directly responding-to advice or assistance or attempting-to-convey advice or assistance in direct relation to Future Technology.

Sorry. I tend to ramble at times.

While I'm here I wanted to ask this: Dreadnoughts! Is there any logical reason why building them instead of five battleships is a good idea?

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Vorkova wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:By definition, this is off-topic. Please, in the future, constrain your posting to directly responding-to advice or assistance or attempting-to-convey advice or assistance in direct relation to Future Technology.

While I'm here I wanted to ask this: Dreadnoughts! Is there any logical reason why building them instead of five battleships is a good idea?

Because you can't equip a battleship with a mile long solid gold ramming prow in the shape of a two headed eagle.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

The Torogian Collective
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Torogian Collective » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Vorkova wrote:

Can your dreadnought take as much damage as five battleships? Can it dish out as much damage as five battleships? Or is it just a symbol of hope in your nation, so that civilians can look upon something awe inspiring, while five battleships do the work.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Vorkova wrote:

The same reason for the arms race leading to World War I: large weapons that could gut said five battleships, morale factor, testbed for new ideas, flagship for both fleets and operations, and it's cool.

Packers Nation

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:26 pm

New Tsavon wrote:Tsavonian troops are wearing fully enclosed, radiation sealed powered armor. Irradiation isn't really a problem. Besides, its 2200 or so. AntiRad medications are a thing.

I would imagine.

Yeah, of course. But it's the same concept. Imagine a thicker (Probably 4x) LAW and it having the same bomb as the Davy Crockett. BAM! You've got yourself a squad-level mobile artillery weapon.

Use it wisely.

Hold on Tsavon, hold on until others come in to have their take on it, even if the person was the first nation on NS, we should always see what others say.

Vorkova wrote:

Depends on what you mean by Dreadnaught.

In my canon the Citadel considers a warship a dreadnaught when its Mass Accelerator is 700 to 900 meters or in rare cases 3 kilometers.

The Covenant considers a Dreadnaught a ship of the upper single digit kilotons in length with at least a certain amount of weaponry, armor and shields. A rather basic meh classification so to them anything can be a Dreadnaught.

For me and any other outlier or ally, a Dreadnaught is a ship which features a MAC of comparable length to the hull, at least 1 kilometer, and primarily designed as an anti capital ship vessel, including heavy missiles, nukes and specific ship killing armaments that are not present on other ships such as Cruisers.

So it really depends imo since thats how it works for me and the rest of my main canon.
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Vorkova
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vorkova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Vorkova wrote:Sorry. I tend to ramble at times.

Can your dreadnought take as much damage as five battleships? Can it dish out as much damage as five battleships? Or is it just a symbol of hope in your nation, so that civilians can look upon something awe inspiring, while five battleships do the work.

They are usually quite a bit more powerful than their equivalent number of battleships.
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:

Because you can't equip a battleship with a mile long solid gold ramming prow in the shape of a two headed eagle.

You are very right.
The Ben Boys wrote:

The same reason for the arms race leading to World War I: large weapons that could gut said five battleships, morale factor, testbed for new ideas, flagship for both fleets and operations, and it's cool.

All completely true. You are correct about dreadnoughts being cool as well. I mean, who could hate this?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Vorkova wrote:
The Torogian Collective wrote:Can your dreadnought take as much damage as five battleships? Can it dish out as much damage as five battleships? Or is it just a symbol of hope in your nation, so that civilians can look upon something awe inspiring, while five battleships do the work.

They are usually quite a bit more powerful than their equivalent number of battleships.
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Because you can't equip a battleship with a mile long solid gold ramming prow in the shape of a two headed eagle.

You are very right.
The Ben Boys wrote:The same reason for the arms race leading to World War I: large weapons that could gut said five battleships, morale factor, testbed for new ideas, flagship for both fleets and operations, and it's cool.

All completely true. You are correct about dreadnoughts being cool as well. I mean, who could hate this?

I prefer the rather whaleish figure of a Covenant ship.....or the Destiny Ascension...it reminds me of a sunfish :P
/// A.N.N. \\\

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents