NATION

PASSWORD

Future Tech Advice and Assistance Thread [O.O.C.]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:25 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Yalos wrote:Precisely because my people will think its great fun. Famalies will bond on the couch, watching billions of aliens slowly watch their entire worlds fall apart, knowing that they will die a cold, cruel death sentenced by Hades himself, and know that there is absolutely nothing to do but await the grim, inevitable end...

That is why.

...I really like you now.

Although, you'd have to set up "cameras" on the planet somehow. Just little drones I guess?

It sets me on edge for that upcoming RP. Though, humans = the light of the universe, for us, at least.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Gameside factbooks not canon
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
>>>Member of Septentrion, Atlas, Alithea, Tyran<<<
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:...Humanoid in figure? As in... aliens that somewhat resembled humans (such as the Zabark, Darth Maul's species) would be allowed in?

Am disappoint son. Am disappoint. :(

Why not Zoidberg?

More seriously, it has a certain bizarre logic to it. "Well, they're not human, but I guess it's close enough we won't kill them en masse."

The Legion has this intense Xenophobia because genocide was committed against Humanity by aliens.

We tend to leave Humanoids, like Elves per say, alone. We don't interact with them, but we don't actively seek to destroy them when we do come across them... unless we have a decent reasons to. OTHER life forms on the other hand... we don't play well with.

But that's just this nation's view on it, not my own (obviously).

Yalos wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:...Humanoid in figure? As in... aliens that somewhat resembled humans (such as the Zabark, Darth Maul's species) would be allowed in?

Am disappoint son. Am disappoint. :(

See, Maul would die because he looks savage. We wouldn't even bother investigating, just a bunch of bombs and fin.

No, I'm talking things that resemble humans closely, or races that simply have lots to offer.
Like wookies. They would look cute, make excellent warriors and don't threaten us.
Of course, I might revise this, but I don't think so.
Wait... so Wookies are Humanoid to you but the Zabarak AREN'T? Wut?

Wookies resemble bears more than Humans. Darth Maul pretty much only had horns. Not sure how that makes him seem MORE savage than a Wookie, but hey that's your nation's call.

Still... HUMAN (Homo Sapien) MASTER SPECIES!

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:You know what's great about the future? Flags. And our ability to plant them on whatever goddamn xenos infested dirtball we want! Nothing makes my day like kicking some native ass and firmly thrusting the steel pole of my nation's patriot stick in their soil. If you know what I mean.

What do people think about flags in the context of FT? I, personally, equip all of my ships with very large flags which are flown prominently from the bow. They even have a little device which makes them wave majestically, even in the vacuum.
Flags are wonderful.

However we only fly them once we've established some sort of presence on a planet. It could be a military base, a small settlement, a large city, etc. In our colonies, flag fly proudly from all public buildings.

Themiclesia wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:...I really like you now.

Although, you'd have to set up "cameras" on the planet somehow. Just little drones I guess?

It sets me on edge for that upcoming RP. Though, humans = the light of the universe, for us, at least.

Not for me.

It's more like "aliens tried to wipe us out once, let's never trust them again" in simplest terms.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:31 pm

The Legion of War wrote:Wait... so Wookies are Humanoid to you but the Zabarak AREN'T? Wut?

Wookies resemble bears more than Humans. Darth Maul pretty much only had horns. Not sure how that makes him seem MORE savage than a Wookie, but hey that's your nation's call.

If it scares children, it must die. No questions.
As mentioned by Miehm, it's a bizarre line of reasoning. I foresee many political debates in the future of my nation.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Cameroi wrote:my advice about any real future tech, would be to forget about wars and forget about the automobile. neither are going to remain practical, is if they really were now.

While this may have bearing on reality, in the instance of Future Tech, conflict makes an excellent setting for story-telling. Hence, it's not likely to go anywhere.

Cameroi wrote:minaturization and electronics will continue to advance, along with computing power, but something else is going to change what todays dominant cultures stumble through ignorance of natural mechanisms assuming.

Okay. Yeah. Miniaturization of electrical circuits is... a thing. Making the presumption that a future society's infrastructure might solely rely on electronics, not photonic or some other means of transfer of data and information, however is, well, a bit presumptive.

Cameroi wrote:yes, we'll get out there in space, if we manage to not destroy ourselves completely first, but we're going to have to get our heads around the realization that the human species of planet earth isn't the universe's little darling for which everything else exists.

This... Doesn't really have any bearing on the point of this thread; extraterrestrial lifeforms exist in Future Tech, and Sol is a fractal construct. So... Yeah.

Cameroi wrote:otherwise will be like the little 9 year old bully, meeting our grown up sibling's 18 year old peers.

Okay... Once again, I don't see how this has any real relevance to the topic of this thread.

Cameroi wrote:either we start engineering our infrastructure and its support technologies to respect the realities of natural mechanisms, or we will come very close to destroying the human species entirely, and most of what we currently know of the web of life alone with it.

Devastated worlds, stellar systems consumed with both natural and artificial sources of ionizing radiation, whole civilizations destroyed and decimated by a myriad of circumstances - again, both artificial engineered and natural - are all staples of Future Tech and rather ingrained tropes of the genre of science-fiction.

Cameroi wrote:of course the incentives that hold us on our currently collectively suicidal course can't be expected to completely dissapear either. which is why a not so distant population implosion, though be no means inevitable, remains extremely probable.

The discussion of a potential Malthusian catastrophe has merit, but the implication of this statement seems to be that all cultures and societies, regardless of their sources, are defaulted to similar events. This is not necessarily true. Further, some projections of a human society (specifically a society bound to Earth itself), predict comfortable living space and terran-bound resources capable of supporting fifteen to twenty-five billion persons. If one assumes by such a time that the mining and harvesting to stellar matter and its utilization in industry is achieved by then - such as through the selective harvesting of asteroids, inter-system dust clouds, and the rich sources of hydrogen and helium such as gas giants, there is no reason a population might suffer, strictly speaking, from a classical Malthusian catastrophe.

Cameroi wrote:and while it will certainly disrupt a steady technological evolution, it just as certainly will not reverse nor completely end it.

if we survive, we will have had to adopt to do so, and our tech will have been adopted with and by us, for the reason of doing so.

Okay. That's... Really more of an existential opinion, but all right.

Cameroi wrote:sun and wind will always be there, on any viable planet's surface, and what we have learned how to harness them, will not be forgotten by a population to small and too independent for the massive scale of cooperative effort required to mine coal or uranium or drill for oil.

The eventual death of our star (and thus the diminishing of its stellar winds) is rather inevitable.

Cameroi wrote:nor will the energy efficiency of flanged wheel on steel rail, though steel, from anything other then scrap, would for a time, be somewhat rare too.

Again: depends on the civilization, its surrounding stellar environment, and many other factors. This is a bit of a generalization, even when one considers the universe is predominantly composed of hydrogen and helium (insofar as matter is concerned, wholly ignoring that atomic matter composes only a considerable minority of the structure and composition of the universe).

Cameroi wrote:but polymer technologies will not be forgotten completely either, and there are far more abundant sources of hydro-carbons then drilling for petrolium. nor are hydrocarbons the only things that can be polymerized.

Okay.

Cameroi wrote:silicon dioxide, the most abundant substance in the earth's (or most likely any planet's) crust, what plain rock and plain dirt are mostly composed of, can be found naturally polymerized, and i predict ways will be found of making it so that are far less labour intensive, then mining and drilling for substances less universally abundant.

Depends on the planet, the internal structure of that planet, its age, and its metallicity.

Cameroi wrote:in other words, i do NOT predict smoothe sailing between now and there, nor the bussiness of currently domianant assumptions as usual.

That... While valid, is not necessarily on topic insofar as this thread is concerned.

In short, while you bring up some valid points, I don't think you've reviewed the original post of this thread. This thread is meant to provide advice and assistance for individuals seeking such insofar as roleplaying and story-telling within the Future Tech time-bracket and degree of technological advancement; this thread is not a thread established for the purpose of solely discussing the merits of current human society nor, necessarily, the troubles of its future advancement nor socio-economic troubles. While such discussions might be merited insofar as discussing the troubles of any given civilization coming into its age of FTL travel and space exploration, those are discussed and focused primarily from the perspective of a fictional construct and setting - such a setting where the unique power dynamics, socio-economic motivations, and cultural incentives of reality may not have any real bearing.

As such, considering this thread serves primarily to advise and assist insofar as roleplaying and story-telling in a fictional setting, regardless of the degree of realism one may desire to incorporate into such an entity, the above quotations seem more focused on discussing an opinion relating specifically to reality (i.e. the real world) without any actual relevance to this thread. While your opinions may have merit, I politely request you narrow your approach to specifically focus your discussion within the boundaries of this thread as defined in the initial post.

Thanks.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Yalos wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:Wait... so Wookies are Humanoid to you but the Zabarak AREN'T? Wut?

As mentioned by Miehm, it's a bizarre line of reasoning. I foresee many political debates in the future of my nation.

Our policy is 'ignore'. If it scares children, then we simply don't tell children about their existence.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:35 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:
Why not Zoidberg?

More seriously, it has a certain bizarre logic to it. "Well, they're not human, but I guess it's close enough we won't kill them en masse."

The Legion has this intense Xenophobia because genocide was committed against Humanity by aliens.

We tend to leave Humanoids, like Elves per say, alone. We don't interact with them, but we don't actively seek to destroy them when we do come across them... unless we have a decent reasons to. OTHER life forms on the other hand... we don't play well with.

And the practical difference between an Elf, Klingon, or say...Vulcan is what exactly? They all basically look like people, barring some differently shaped bits. If you are willing to trust Elves for their human-lookingness, what makes other aliens that look similarly human automatically untrustworthy?
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Yalos wrote:

It is quite strange, no offence.
Oh, by children, I assume you mean the children of your nation. I don't know about you... but if I saw a Wookie roaring (to say hello) I'd be shitting my pants. If a guy that looked like Darth Maul walked up to me and offered to shake hands, I'd be fine with that.

Mini Miehm wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:The Legion has this intense Xenophobia because genocide was committed against Humanity by aliens.

And the practical difference between an Elf, Klingon, or say...Vulcan is what exactly? They all basically look like people, barring some differently shaped bits. If you are willing to trust Elves for their human-lookingness, what makes other aliens that look similarly human automatically untrustworthy?
Really, we look at DNA similarity to determine how close to a human something is.

However, Vulcans would be tolerated more than Klingons because Vulcans look like Humans with weird eyes. Basically if you look like a Human with an odd, somewhat insignificant feature (in terms of looks) we'll probably leave you alone.

If you look like a Human with massive amounts of mutations in their DNA... we'll probably want nothing to do with you and be somewhat hostile.

Our REAL beef is with aliens are pretty different from Humanity in terms of looks, such as the Covenant client species from Halo.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Themiclesia wrote:
Yalos wrote:

Our policy is 'ignore'. If it scares children, then we simply don't tell children about their existence.

Killing them is much more satisfying. Anyways, a reputation for alien slaying makes for exciting war/action films that can be exported to other nations for extreme profit. Because all human nations like to see humans kick eldritch ass.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SquareDisc City » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Elves look pretty and Klingons look ugly. And chances are those sort of prejudices are alive and well in many FT nations.

As for flags, I see no reason why they wouldn't still be a thing. Though the more shiny techno sort of nations might just use digital screens and holograms not physical pieces of fabric.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:You know what's great about the future? Flags. And our ability to plant them on whatever goddamn xenos infested dirtball we want! Nothing makes my day like kicking some native ass and firmly thrusting the steel pole of my nation's patriot stick in their soil. If you know what I mean.

What do people think about flags in the context of FT? I, personally, equip all of my ships with very large flags which are flown prominently from the bow. They even have a little device which makes them wave majestically, even in the vacuum.

I just imagined a young serf strapped to the hull of a Russian stellar vessel violently shaking the flag of his respective fee in one hand, and the Imperial Russian Banner in his other, all the while desperately trying to keep a large and cumbersome helmet from flying off his head.

It made me chuckle.

That being said, I can see some issues with flags in FT when one looks at things solely from an In-Character perspective. Chiefly, flags tend to be representative icons of our traditional understanding of the nation-state. As you no-doubt know, not every society in FT fits within that definition; even so, most have flags or iconographic representations none-the-less. I obviously have no problem with that, but it does pose an even more interesting question: do "societies" (or "ecosystems", as the case may be) of exceptionally alien species, entities, etc. use similar icons to represent themselves?

Take the Pathogen for example: the Rethast actually had, to some degree, a society that existed as somewhat distinct from the Pathogenic Fleets themselves, if I recall correctly. So, an icon for that makes sense. Even so, what about a social system such as the Ikrahk or the Bugs? I always wondered if the Ikrahk might have a singular icon, or if each Arkas would; both would likely make sense, given their emphasis on "Saathog". The Bugs, however, would they? I'll have to ask the Hymenopterix. :P

That being said, I think "flags" are sort of one of the most "fun" points in FT. Designing them, crafting them, and finding unique uses for them that fit within the genre; as Square Disc City said: holographic projections of FT state icons and crests would make some degree of sense, depending on the aesthetic of the society. For something like the Sciarviat, we even have an icon that is understood to be representative of the Honor Bond itself, though it likely doesn't exist as a "flag" outside of the icon attached to the account itself.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:45 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:Elves look pretty and Klingons look ugly. And chances are those sort of prejudices are alive and well in many FT nations.

As for flags, I see no reason why they wouldn't still be a thing. Though the more shiny techno sort of nations might just use digital screens and holograms not physical pieces of fabric.

If you don't plant a flag it's not your planet. Any old filthy subhuman xenos can just walk up and take it from you, and then where will the world be? That's right. It'll be with someone else. All because you didn't feel like planting a flag.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

The Legion of War
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:46 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:As for flags, I see no reason why they wouldn't still be a thing. Though the more shiny techno sort of nations might just use digital screens and holograms not physical pieces of fabric.

Lol, jk. Whatever floats your boat.
IC Stuff:

OCC Stuff:

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Yalos wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:Our policy is 'ignore'. If it scares children, then we simply don't tell children about their existence.

Killing them is much more satisfying. Anyways, a reputation for alien slaying makes for exciting war/action films that can be exported to other nations for extreme profit. Because all human nations like to see humans kick eldritch ass.

Well, since our 'alien policy' is enacted locally, each of our local governments have varying degrees of recognition of the mere existence of alien civilization. But they are not recognized by the central government. We generally want to kill fewer as opposed to more things, and recognizing the existence of aliens will be politically incorrect in much our institutions.

And we dislike exposing children to violence. And if we kill aliens this time, we might have to do it next time, creating a financial strain for no clear reason.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Kyrusia wrote:

I just imagined a young serf strapped to the hull of a Russian stellar vessel violently shaking the flag of his respective fee in one hand, and the Imperial Russian Banner in his other, all the while desperately trying to keep a large and cumbersome helmet from flying off his head.

It made me chuckle.

Well, that's pretty much what the device is. Motors and things are expensive, after all. We give them space suits, though. And enough oxygen for their usual 12 hour shift.

That being said, I can see some issues with flags in FT when one looks at things solely from an In-Character perspective. Chiefly, flags tend to be representative icons of our traditional understanding of the nation-state. As you no-doubt know, not every society in FT fits within that definition; even so, most have flags or iconographic representations none-the-less. I obviously have no problem with that, but it does pose an even more interesting question: do "societies" (or "ecosystems", as the case may be) of exceptionally alien species, entities, etc. use similar icons to represent themselves?

Take the Pathogen for example: the Rethast actually had, to some degree, a society that existed as somewhat distinct from the Pathogenic Fleets themselves, if I recall correctly. So, an icon for that makes sense. Even so, what about a social system such as the Ikrahk or the Bugs? I always wondered if the Ikrahk might have a singular icon, or if each Arkas would; both would likely make sense, given their emphasis on "Saathog". The Bugs, however, would they? I'll have to ask the Hymenopterix. :P

The Rethast and Ikrahk are uncivilized barbarians not worthy of diplomatic consideration by proper nations, therefore whether or not they have flags ins a moot point.

Of course, by definition, anybody without a flag is uncivilized. You're not allowed to have a country unless you have a flag.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:52 pm

As a byproduct of human nationalism, the Great Houses still use their flags, banners, and insignia. As to how the symbols are displayed, I haven't exactly worked out. Probably, the wealthiest areas use genuine materials, the middle-class use synthetic, and the poor use projection.
National Anthem:
Anna ni Isshou Datta no ni

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Yalos wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:Our policy is 'ignore'. If it scares children, then we simply don't tell children about their existence.

There's nothing for the kids to be afraid of. While aliens are violent barbarians, they're also inferior. Therefore, due to the natural superiority of the human race, and the matchless skill of the Aumanii shock trooper, all the little human babies can sleep sound in their cribs, sucking their thumbs and snuggling their yardies.
IBNFTW local 8492

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Auman wrote:
Yalos wrote:Killing them is much more satisfying. Anyways, a reputation for alien slaying makes for exciting war/action films that can be exported to other nations for extreme profit. Because all human nations like to see humans kick eldritch ass.

There's nothing for the kids to be afraid of. While aliens are violent barbarians, they're also inferior. Therefore, due to the natural superiority of the human race, and the matchless skill of the Aumanii shock trooper, all the little human babies can sleep sound in their cribs, sucking their thumbs and snuggling their yardies.

IC: what a piece of gross misinformation.

OoC: children are not scared of aliens because of their potency or ability to do harm; they are afraid because of their appearance. It is this appearance that we must strictly censor from society.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:19 pm

I don't see how it is gross or misinformation. It's very much the truth.
IBNFTW local 8492

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Auman wrote:I don't see how it is gross or misinformation. It's very much the truth.

Did you see the little 'IC' label there?
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Gotta agree with Auman on that one, despite his gross misspelling of 'Russian line infantry.'
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:47 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Gotta agree with Auman on that one, despite his gross misspelling of 'Russian line infantry.'

When you look in a dictionary and read up on the word "Fearless", the definition is "Aumanii shock trooper; Protector of humanity against alien scum."

Seriously, take a look.
IBNFTW local 8492

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Auman wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Gotta agree with Auman on that one, despite his gross misspelling of 'Russian line infantry.'

When you look in a dictionary and read up on the word "Fearless", the definition is "Aumanii shock trooper; Protector of humanity against alien scum."

Seriously, take a look.

Oddly enough, Russian ones list the first definition as "the glorious and noble regiments of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Peter VII, defenders of the Russian Empire and protectors of the faith."
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:54 am

I suppose there's a reason there hasn't been any decent literature to come out of Russia since man begun his odyssey through the stars.
IBNFTW local 8492

Dreadful Sagittarius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreadful Sagittarius » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:32 am

Cameroi wrote:-Load of off-topic spam-

Not sure what this has to do with anything. If you don't spam in NSG, don't spam in II.

The Legion of War wrote:
Mini Miehm wrote:

Really, we look at DNA similarity to determine how close to a human something is.

However, Vulcans would be tolerated more than Klingons because Vulcans look like Humans with weird eyes. Basically if you look like a Human with an odd, somewhat insignificant feature (in terms of looks) we'll probably leave you alone.

If you look like a Human with massive amounts of mutations in their DNA... we'll probably want nothing to do with you and be somewhat hostile.

Our REAL beef is with aliens are pretty different from Humanity in terms of looks, such as the Covenant client species from Halo.

This does not make sense. You're going to look at DNA similarity...in a galaxy where humans seem to have evolved on multiple planets in multiple dimensions/universes (the fractals). There's probably about as much relation between your people and mine as there is between mine and sentient kumquats. (Not to mention of course that while you may also be human, you're still not quite 'people'. :p)
In Memoriam of David 'CanisD' Briedis, October 20, 1970 - August 27, 2015
For He Loved The Stars Too Fondly, To Fear The Night
Factbook of the Phanes RepublicFuture-Tech Advice & Assistance Thread
Future-Tech Market Index ThreadThe CompendiumState of the Galaxy
Only a fool taunts the Archer

Interstellar Planets
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Planets » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:48 am

It seems to me that if you have the ability to wipe out an alien, you also have the ability to conquer and tax that alien.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents