NATION

PASSWORD

Incident 773: Operation Red Sky

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cerberus Organization
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:07 pm

The doors to Subject Alphas chamber were buried deep into the earth. Westfield opened the door with his keycard. The room inside was metal floors and walls, and a large glass room with a large steel door. It was a bare room, with a single light fixture, and a bookshelf. Alpha was sitting in the center of the room facing away from Westfield. As soon as Westfield stepped toward the door, it sung open; Subject Alpha had opened it. "Hello", Alpha said. "I need your help, Alpha," Westfield said to him. "A Tear between our world and the next is about to reopen, and you're the only one strong enough to close it." "Yes, I have felt this 'Tear'. I knew that it would not stay closed for long. I can close it myself, but the effort may kill me." "If you don't, millions will die. We need you to close it." Subject Alpha though of this for a few moments. "I will use my energy to close the opening, but you must promis me one thing. I want to see the sky again before I die." "If that is what it takes, I shall help you." Alpha stood up from the floor. "Then let us go." Westfield and Alpha turned and ran to the elevator.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:51 pm

But of course, the efforts of Westfield would not go unnoticed by the Organization. Invested in it for it's potential at creating a new market of weapons, misguided by what the Tear actually was mostly, they had dispatched a rather sizeable sum of forces after Westfield and the subject. It would not be an easy assault, but these were good men, with equally good equipment strapped along. By the time Westfield would return to the surface, they would be met in full by a massive collection of men.

----

In the dead wasteland crater where the Tear once was, a large base had been established virtually overnight. The Anomaly Site, the specific area the Tear occupied, was surrounded by various strange apparatus. Filled with radiation and other, more exotic energies, the air was dangerous. Men garbed in heavy protective suits roamed the area, and multitudes of storage houses were full of specimen for examination, it was a rather impressive thing to see, but all of it did nothing but give incentive to the nightmares on the other side. Though no longer visible, the Tear was still very much there.

With each minute having gone by, the temporary bonds placed by the men who sacrificed their lives weakened, it would be not too long until everything fell apart very quickly.
{{{PRAISE THE CLEANSING FIRE, EMBRACE THE BURNING LIGHT}}}

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:06 am

As the elevator opened, Westfield saw the dozens of armed men. He shoved Alpha behind some cover, and took cover behind a nearby wall.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:31 pm

The fire teams present released upon the elevator quickly as they could. Bullets tore everything apart, save for a few sections of wall and random debris. After realizing they had taken cover, the themselves dispersed into random bits and pieces of protection, and waited for them to make their move.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Westfield fired back, striking two of his comrades. He felt a little guilty for killing his fellow men, but there was no time to think of it. He continued to fire on the others. He needed to take care of them to buy Alpha some time to close the Tear permanently.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:34 pm

The Cerberus Organization wrote:Westfield fired back, striking two of his comrades. He felt a little guilty for killing his fellow men, but there was no time to think of it. He continued to fire on the others. He needed to take care of them to buy Alpha some time to close the Tear permanently.

The fought relentlessly, shooting only when they knew they could. The unfortunate few who failed to react in time perished, but they responded with the lobbing of a grenade, which bounced of the dented intrior panel just outside the elevator doors, ready to explode in mere seconds, unleashing lethal shrapnel and fiery bits upon the two. There was seemingly no way out, with exception to the tipped filing cabinet, which would sustain most of the shrapnel and much of the thermal damage. Of course, this would also give the teams time to make a serious advance on them. Their window was narrowing, with death on both sides...

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:26 am

Alpha unleashed a wave of force in their direction scattering them across the room. He used his telekinesis to slam them against the walls and floor. Using his powers, the opposing forces were either dead, or incapacitated.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:48 am

The Cerberus Organization wrote:Alpha unleashed a wave of force in their direction scattering them across the room. He used his telekinesis to slam them against the walls and floor. Using his powers, the opposing forces were either dead, or incapacitated.

The grenade went off, suddenly and without any further alarm. The two of them were thrown to the ground by the force, a number of cuts and bruises received from the fragments. It was fortunate it didn't kill them instantaneously. With the men incapacitated, they had a very short amount of time before more came to take over where the others had left off.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Westfield and Alpha ran down the hall toward the main atrium. They took cover behind a low barrier, and Westfield set up a defenseive perimeter while Alpha focused his energy on closing the Tear.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Distant and faint, Alpha's influence on the Tear was minimal. He would need to be far closer to it's location of origin than his present, that of which a holding facility distant to the area that the Tear now occupied. Armored teams of soldiers poured in after them, quickly laying down an offensive assault. The two of them would not leave without a battle.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Alpha let out a massive burst of energy that shook the whole building, throwing people and objects around the building. During the confusion, Westfield and Alpha ran for the aircraft hangar, and climbed aboard the nearest gunship.

(After this story has ended, you want to do another one? Maybe a sequel? I have some ideas for some other paranormal creatures we could do a story about. P.S I can't sent any messages, my message system is all screwed up.)
Last edited by The Cerberus Organization on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 am

The Cerberus Organization wrote:Alpha let out a massive burst of energy that shook the whole building, throwing people and objects around the building. During the confusion, Westfield and Alpha ran for the aircraft hangar, and climbed aboard the nearest gunship.

(After this story has ended, you want to do another one? Maybe a sequel? I have some ideas for some other paranormal creatures we could do a story about. P.S I can't sent any messages, my message system is all screwed up.)

(Maybe, I mean, my Nation is essentially only good for the same thing over and over...)

Teams chased after them into the hangar, but it was too little too late. Their reactionary bullets that escaped the muzzle of their rifles panged against the metal of the gunship as it took off and away. However, it did not end there. While not quite as capable as their own, two smaller gunships trailed after them. Rockets fired out from their pods, trailing in on their target.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:21 pm

an alert rang out in the gunship. Incoming rockets. Westfield hit the decoy flare button, which caused the rockets to target the flares and detonate away from their gunship. Westfield activated an EMP against the attackers.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:06 pm

Losing all control, the two trailing attackers crashed down violently. Westfield and Alpha were now free for the moment, surrounding the impromptu base were numerous SAM sites (Along with other defensive structures and deployments) but that was to worry later on. For now, they would only need to focus on getting there. It was a good trip from here, an hour or so, but there was still the possibility of threats along the way. They would need to keep their eyes open, or face sudden death.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm

"If I can convince them that I belong, they might let us into the base", Westfield said. "Maybe I can convince them this is routine testing, or and inspection or something."

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Though slim, this proposed idea was viable, and at any rate, they had little other choice. It took but only a couple of hours for them to arrive, and when they did, there was an immediate request made of them for validation, as SAM's from afar almost immediately trained in on the inbound craft, and jets on the airstrip warmed their engines for rapid takeoff.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:40 am

"This is Falcon-34, coming in for supply run, requesting permission to land", Westfield said, hoping his idea would work.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:37 pm

(God damn school. >.>)

They received him well, and the rapidly activating system of defense mechanisms began to wind down, a location for them to land was pointed out for them. There immense crater where the Tear once existed was now in full view, swarmed by dozens of personnel and apparatus.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cerberus Organization » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 am

Westfield and Alpha came out of the gunship, Westfields gun drawn. To make sure that the Tear stayed closed, Westfield suggested that they get as close as possible. Westfield and Alpha walked calmly and with a sense of purpose, as if they were supposed to be there the whole time.

The Damnatius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Damnatius » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:11 am

The base which had been established was vast, a sea of white tents, their canvases waving in the wind that haunted the area around the tear's crater. Before them was a small scanning station which they would have to pass through to be allowed further access to the base; it was standard procedure, they could not risk having any slips in the cracks. In the distance, a large, slowly rising plume of smoke signified the Tear's location, an agitating lake of superheated rock that fanned out and heated a small region around it.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents