NATION

PASSWORD

The War of the Two Empresses OOC/Signup Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Firmador
Minister

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:
Firmador wrote:Hope I didn't take too many liberties:

Well only a few liberties that I ought to object too. First, they don't toss Molotov cocktails in daytime and only 20 have been thrown so far: since young people tend to be relatively liberal, most of them aren't taking up arms. Second there's definitely a surplus of emergency services and nobody is about to die from the riots, even if about two dozen buildings have been gutted. You'd be more likely to see garbage piling up on the sides of the roads than soot, since they're striking. Third the police force isn't just rounding up random people - they're cross checked against large databases, CCTV images, and the like.

Then the important matter: your little invasion. You could have applied (and been given) an import permit for the AK-74s, but people are different: you couldn't have smuggled in armed special forces (or mining) outside of Bvordsha without telling me how they got in: the land borders are naturally being carefully checked. And I can't let you get away with more than about 3 special forces inside Bvordsha itself for more than six-nine hours before our secret service would have noticed and acted.

If you want to strike the main realm itself, you'd need to either launch an attack upon one of our border posts, stage an amphibious landing, or do a parachute drop - any of which would probably be noticed.

I just use midget submarines to sneak in the Spec Ops.

I just use laundering to sneak in Arms (i.e. that marked crate of fruit/PS4s is not a crate of fruit/PS4s)

6-9 hour detection time? That's just apocryphal.

As for the Secret Service (and really, the arms in general), I was under the /assumption/ that the Colonel was pro-Independence and thus would facilitate the funneling of Special Forces (and hiding them from a greater Secret Service) and arms into the country/Bvordsha.

----

I'm not trying to be difficult at all, just putting out my side real quick xP

As for the details of the post, I'll clean those up today or tomorrow but reply as if what you said regarding scenery has already been changed in my post. (Even though I know from experience kids are the first to start looting for /absolutely no reason at all given the opportunity for free stuff/.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Firmador wrote:Hope I didn't take too many liberties:

Well only a few liberties that I ought to object too. First, they don't toss Molotov cocktails in daytime and only 20 have been thrown so far: since young people tend to be relatively liberal, most of them aren't taking up arms. Second there's definitely a surplus of emergency services and nobody is about to die from the riots, even if about two dozen buildings have been gutted. You'd be more likely to see garbage piling up on the sides of the roads than soot, since they're striking. Third the police force isn't just rounding up random people - they're cross checked against large databases, CCTV images, and the like.

Then the important matter: your little invasion. You could have applied (and been given) an import permit for the AK-74s, but people are different: you couldn't have smuggled in armed special forces (or mining) outside of Bvordsha without telling me how they got in: the land borders are naturally being carefully checked. And I can't let you get away with more than about 3 special forces inside Bvordsha itself for more than six-nine hours before our secret service would have noticed and acted.

If you want to strike the main realm itself, you'd need to either launch an attack upon one of our border posts, stage an amphibious landing, or do a parachute drop - any of which would probably be noticed.

Oh okay. I read that incorrectly the first time, I believe:

You meant the borders between Seberia and Bvorsha, right? Yea, I wanted to attack the tourist locations (because that has the largest economic ripple affect) and when you gave me Seberia in the initial post I kind of thought I was suppose to go with that. As per border locking... it would be a significant drain on resources if you /were/ able to to establish a cordon so tight that even small highly trained and veteran four man teams couldn't get in. It'd be possible, no doubt at all, just it'd also be Pricey.

So, we can do this:

I just use a SCUD from inside of Bvorsha to hit Seberia since I doubt you have anti-missile emplacements in the way or near a tourist site, lol. Just prefer the ole' blood n rifles.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Firmador wrote:6-9 hour detection time? That's just apocryphal.

There are enough CCTV cameras and drones, and everybody's face is registered by law: we have compulsory ID cards. So unless they go around wearing masks (in which case they'd be spotted within 30 minutes), or very luckily avoid every single CCTV camera and drone, or unless you managed to get a virus into our system, they'd probably be spotted.

It's extremely hard to sneak submarines around our EEZ: we have SOSUS style monitors and continuous airborne and seaborne anti-submarine patrols. But what exactly are your midget submarines like?

I just use laundering to sneak in Arms (i.e. that marked crate of fruit/PS4s is not a crate of fruit/PS4s)

If an invasive species can't get through, you'll have trouble sneaking in the arms. Better to import them legally. But there is a limit: you can't import a tactical ballistic missile without very good character references. (RPGs would be just about manageable if you set up a trading company in pirate-infested waters, bought a few container ships, built an HQ office with maybe half a dozen people, added an initial capitalization of about 2 million, raised the rest from the stock markets, and started doing normal trading business).

As for the Secret Service (and really, the arms in general), I was under the /assumption/ that the Colonel was pro-Independence and thus would facilitate the funneling of Special Forces (and hiding them from a greater Secret Service) and arms into the country/Bvordsha.

Indeed, but regional governments have almost no official power. Sponsz doesn't control the customs offices, he doesn't control the emergency services, he doesn't control the schools (although he can exercise 'influence' on guidelines), he doesn't control the exchequer, he doesn't control local foreign offices, the regional government can't legislate in areas where the central government already has...

I quite understand - sorry if I seem to be being difficult in response!

(Even though I know from experience kids are the first to start looting for /absolutely no reason at all given the opportunity for free stuff/.

The London 2011 riots showed that, and similarly, without them this would never have got to arson.

Firmador wrote:As per border locking... it would be a significant drain on resources if you /were/ able to to establish a cordon so tight that even small highly trained and veteran four man teams couldn't get in. It'd be possible, no doubt at all, just it'd also be Pricey.

Well I suppose you could, although it's not the easiest terrain (very forested). And it would take a long time to walk around the properly guarded bits - the distances are on the order of a hundred kilometers. Really what makes the frontier quite impregnable is its very size, and few roads to worry about. I'd say the odds of a jeep filled with soldiers in disguise getting through would be about one third, unless they attack the frontier guards.

I just use a SCUD from inside of Bvorsha to hit Seberia since I doubt you have anti-missile emplacements in the way or near a tourist site, lol.

Wouldn't you have more trouble smuggling something that big in? If you really want a missile (which would make Ausitoria properly suspicious), try a submarine in international waters? But what are your submarines like?
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Firmador wrote:6-9 hour detection time? That's just apocryphal.

There are enough CCTV cameras and drones, and everybody's face is registered by law: we have compulsory ID cards. So unless they go around wearing masks (in which case they'd be spotted within 30 minutes), or very luckily avoid every single CCTV camera and drone, or unless you managed to get a virus into our system, they'd probably be spotted.

It's extremely hard to sneak submarines around our EEZ: we have SOSUS style monitors and continuous airborne and seaborne anti-submarine patrols. But what exactly are your midget submarines like?

If an invasive species can't get through, you'll have trouble sneaking in the arms. Better to import them legally. But there is a limit: you can't import a tactical ballistic missile without very good character references. (RPGs would be just about manageable if you set up a trading company in pirate-infested waters, bought a few container ships, built an HQ office with maybe half a dozen people, added an initial capitalization of about 2 million, raised the rest from the stock markets, and started doing normal trading business).

Indeed, but regional governments have almost no official power. Sponsz doesn't control the customs offices, he doesn't control the emergency services, he doesn't control the schools (although he can exercise 'influence' on guidelines), he doesn't control the exchequer, he doesn't control local foreign offices, the regional government can't legislate in areas where the central government already has...

I quite understand - sorry if I seem to be being difficult in response!

(Even though I know from experience kids are the first to start looting for /absolutely no reason at all given the opportunity for free stuff/.

The London 2011 riots showed that, and similarly, without them this would never have got to arson.

Firmador wrote:As per border locking... it would be a significant drain on resources if you /were/ able to to establish a cordon so tight that even small highly trained and veteran four man teams couldn't get in. It'd be possible, no doubt at all, just it'd also be Pricey.

Well I suppose you could, although it's not the easiest terrain (very forested). And it would take a long time to walk around the properly guarded bits - the distances are on the order of a hundred kilometers. Really what makes the frontier quite impregnable is its very size, and few roads to worry about. I'd say the odds of a jeep filled with soldiers in disguise getting through would be about one third, unless they attack the frontier guards.

I just use a SCUD from inside of Bvorsha to hit Seberia since I doubt you have anti-missile emplacements in the way or near a tourist site, lol.

Wouldn't you have more trouble smuggling something that big in? If you really want a missile (which would make Ausitoria properly suspicious), try a submarine in international waters? But what are your submarines like?

Compulsory face recognition... Okay. Well now I have to topple your regime on principle xP Literally the only thing I can think of its a false-flag bombing/virus injection into the CCTV regional hub orchestrated by our domestic handler, the Colonel (see how much I am relying on him?).

Midget submarine is pretty much like every midget submarine (except with super up to date NS technology), i.e. it has all the regular stealth systems but is more stealthy for sheer size.

I can't really do anything against someone that can stop an invasive specie from getting threw. Ignoring all together the fact that immediately after 9/11 (2002, 2003, etc) the U.S.A. would have no comparable ability to even stop a Nuclear missile from being shipped via container (unlike Aircraft the ports are so abundant and the shipments so plenteous it would be extremely inefficient, even in an anti-terrorism crazed frenzy) and yes they had Nuclear detectors. No they were not of high quality, and no most shipments did not even get swatted with the thing. It's improved in recent years, but shipment is still the best way to smuggle things into the U.S. Though the Nuclear detection was markedly improved from early 2000s.
"Indeed, but regional governments have almost no official power. Sponsz doesn't control the customs offices, he doesn't control the emergency services, he doesn't control the schools (although he can exercise 'influence' on guidelines), he doesn't control the exchequer, he doesn't control local foreign offices, the regional government can't legislate in areas where the central government already has..."

I find it choice how Sponsz can choose not to enforce a Curfew in his nation, but can't apply a salary or even employment based pressure (hell, we could go down the dark road of threatening families, children. Julies Ceasar knew a thing or two, after he conquered the Gauls he killed one million Gallic citizens, men, women and children and enslaved a million more. Obviously population proportion should make this staggeringly more pronounced that its absolute numbers shows in this day and age of 7 billion earthlings) to have a customs agent 'look the other way.'

"I quite understand - sorry if I seem to be being difficult in response!"

No need to say sorry, this is reward in and of itself. The more we deal with now, assuming retention holds, the less we have to deal with later ;)

"Well I suppose you could, although it's not the easiest terrain (very forested). And it would take a long time to walk around the properly guarded bits - the distances are on the order of a hundred kilometers. Really what makes the frontier quite impregnable is its very size, and few roads to worry about. I'd say the odds of a jeep filled with soldiers in disguise getting through would be about one third, unless they attack the frontier guards."

Hundreds of kilometers... Isolation in an unfriendly area... damn. Yea, that whole thing makes it far more prone to SCUD-ness lol.

"Wouldn't you have more trouble smuggling something that big in? If you really want a missile (which would make Ausitoria properly suspicious), try a submarine in international waters? But what are your submarines like?"

Yea, I literally didn't think about shipping it in... the only option I have SCUD related is graft. Buy off one of the local quartermasters (again with the Colonel's guidance on whom could be bribed) and use the operative's technical skills to well... build a technical lol, with a launching ramp. You've probably seen the technicals that can fire SCUDs, if not I can look around for a real life picture.

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Seeing as sending men over hundreds of kilometers, and then somehow exfiltrating them back into Barodshav is essentially impossible

and

Since I can't fire a SCUD in one post (I either have to bribe someone, taking two posts, or somehow get it passed your massive [and likely inefficient, or at least stultifying] commercial bureaucracy which is seeming impossible)

I am going to edit out the last paragraph and add this, after you say it's okay:

Send one man and have him fire on tourists in Seberia. Sure, very small affect but it should scare off tourists, at the very least, from Seberia if not the greater realm. That work?

----------------------------------------

Operation der Geshalt

Strategic Objectives
*Raise a loyal puppet regime in Bordshav
*Raise an effective Swiss/JSA-inspired regular guerilla army
*Construct extensive defensive infrastructure (at the cost of all other interests)
*Begin sponsoring disruptive third party actions in the rest of the monarchy
*Establish cordial relations with Rhodesea

You can substitute puppet for legitimate, if you'd like. At the end of the day, I just want enough influence to nudge them into a protracted conflict with the mother country (if that's possible, and if not there's only one way to ICly find out...)

----------------
edit 2

So about these CCTVs... How would ole' Sponszy feel about setting an EMP off on the CCTV hub before they recognized my men? If they're so federalized as you make them out to be, he'd have no control over them (maybe even the power stations, especially if its imported from another area in the country) and thus could only gain control of his local area by their utility's exit.
Last edited by Firmador on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:14 am

Firmador wrote:Send one man and have him fire on tourists in Seberia. Sure, very small affect but it should scare off tourists, at the very least, from Seberia if not the greater realm. That work?

Yes. There's about a two thirds chance we'd capture him, so I'd suggest you send two or three and we'll capture one or two before they reach the objective. (They won't be tortured, but they would suggest but not prove your involvement). However, you're unlikely to do much except unite most of the rest of the country (and crash the stock market).

So about these CCTVs... How would ole' Sponszy feel about setting an EMP off on the CCTV hub before they recognized my men? If they're so federalized as you make them out to be, he'd have no control over them (maybe even the power stations, especially if its imported from another area in the country) and thus could only gain control of his local area by their utility's exit.

There are multiple hubs and half of them are in Alexandria. The only way to take out the CCTV network would be to a) go around systematically smashing CCTVs, which would be difficult, time consuming, and bring the army in; b) use a virus, which is difficult as ICT is our specialty; or c) use an EMP or disconnect the energy grids, which would take out all communications and produce a backlash against the riots: if there's one thing most youngsters can't stand it's loosing WiFi.

Regarding Sponsz's announcements he would not enforce a curfew, he doesn't have the legal power to enforce a curfew according to the central government, but his mere announcement is pretty much sufficient to stop Ausitoria from putting in a general curfew.

Firmador wrote:Since I can't fire a SCUD in one post (I either have to bribe someone, taking two posts, or somehow get it passed your massive [and likely inefficient, or at least stultifying] commercial bureaucracy which is seeming impossible)

It is indeed a complex bureaucracy, requiring 6% of GDP just to administer everything, which is why we make our criminal code as short and simple as possible: the Central Government observes a few important matters very thoroughly, lets private individuals do pretty much whatever they want, and only occasionally acts, and usually by simply funneling money around.

Firmador wrote:Compulsory face recognition... Okay. Well now I have to topple your regime on principle xP

We do have privacy protections in place: civil servants cannot look up a person's movements without a warrant from a Judge, and can only look them up for a limited time if they have due suspicion. Computers run the system and merely detect wrongdoing, and since there's not much that's illegal there's not much wrongdoing to detect.

It's the same principle as storing biometric data like fingerprints to make passport control easier, like in Hong Kong.

The data is also used for broad statistical purposes, e.g. planning transport systems, but only after names have been removed.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 am

Firmador wrote:Send one man and have him fire on tourists in Seberia. Sure, very small affect but it should scare off tourists, at the very least, from Seberia if not the greater realm. That work?

Yes. There's about a two thirds chance we'd capture him, so I'd suggest you send two or three and we'll capture one or two before they reach the objective. (They won't be tortured, but they would suggest but not prove your involvement). However, you're unlikely to do much except unite most of the rest of the country (and crash the stock market).

There are multiple hubs and half of them are in Alexandria. The only way to take out the CCTV network would be to a) go around systematically smashing CCTVs, which would be difficult, time consuming, and bring the army in; b) use a virus, which is difficult as ICT is our specialty; or c) use an EMP or disconnect the energy grids, which would take out all communications and produce a backlash against the riots: if there's one thing most youngsters can't stand it's loosing WiFi.

Regarding Sponsz's announcements he would not enforce a curfew, he doesn't have the legal power to enforce a curfew according to the central government, but his mere announcement is pretty much sufficient to stop Ausitoria from putting in a general curfew.

Firmador wrote:Since I can't fire a SCUD in one post (I either have to bribe someone, taking two posts, or somehow get it passed your massive [and likely inefficient, or at least stultifying] commercial bureaucracy which is seeming impossible)

It is indeed a complex bureaucracy, requiring 6% of GDP just to administer everything, which is why we make our criminal code as short and simple as possible: the Central Government observes a few important matters very thoroughly, lets private individuals do pretty much whatever they want, and only occasionally acts, and usually by simply funneling money around.

Firmador wrote:Compulsory face recognition... Okay. Well now I have to topple your regime on principle xP

We do have privacy protections in place: civil servants cannot look up a person's movements without a warrant from a Judge, and can only look them up for a limited time if they have due suspicion. Computers run the system and merely detect wrongdoing, and since there's not much that's illegal there's not much wrongdoing to detect.

It's the same principle as storing biometric data like fingerprints to make passport control easier, like in Hong Kong.

The data is also used for broad statistical purposes, e.g. planning transport systems, but only after names have been removed.

Capture? It's a suicide mission. I want you to be angry with Bordshav, and I want your stock and/or tourist markets to crash.

"c) use an EMP or disconnect the energy grids, which would take out all communications and produce a backlash against the riots: if there's one thing most youngsters can't stand it's loosing WiFi."

The pros and cons I suppose are going to be part of Gregor 'the Bloody' and Sponsz's discussion. So time will need to slow down in this unrecognized 'country', if you wouldn't mind.

And still, I deplore CCTV. Maybe it was because I was a trouble maker when I was a kid, but still. I'll take personal pleasure if in the future in can RP their mass destruction :3

---

Updating last paragraph:

Takes an all terrain bike into the forest.
Rides to Seberia/Tourist site (Is it a region/town/hotel????)
Begins firing on tourists, kill some (if you don't mind)
Police come, perhaps he kills one, then gets gunned down

We set?
Last edited by Firmador on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:41 pm

We can certainly run IC time much slower than RL time - from the Ausitorian point of view, the War of the Two Empresses thread started less than a day ago.

Firmador wrote:Rides to Seberia/Tourist site (Is it a region/town/hotel????)

Seberia is a region: if you want a handy tourist town, take Zepa: an idyllic port on the great eastern lake, in a situation not too dissimilar from Austria.
Since I'm not letting you smuggle in a bomb, only a pistol, and as I have a dreadful OOC hatred of death, I'm going to say that miraculously you won't kill anyone, unless you can realistically prove to me that you almost certainly would. But you can definitely injure up to a hundred people and put lots of them in hospital for a very long time. If you still think that unsatisfactory I can throw in a few amputees.
Finally it's more likely that your hit-man would be hit with a tranquilizer dart fired from a drone squadron, since there's an air force base nearby and most police are unarmed.

Communists for the people
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Has anyone taken sides yet?
Please refer to me as Communists for the people CFTP
GO CUBS
"If it were not for the will and determination of these men to stop the superior forces of the German army, a different chapter of history would have been written" Major General Troy Middleton
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
4. Destroying misguided infadels
5. Mass genocidal war

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:We can certainly run IC time much slower than RL time - from the Ausitorian point of view, the War of the Two Empresses thread started less than a day ago.

Firmador wrote:Rides to Seberia/Tourist site (Is it a region/town/hotel????)

Seberia is a region: if you want a handy tourist town, take Zepa: an idyllic port on the great eastern lake, in a situation not too dissimilar from Austria.
Since I'm not letting you smuggle in a bomb, only a pistol, and as I have a dreadful OOC hatred of death, I'm going to say that miraculously you won't kill anyone, unless you can realistically prove to me that you almost certainly would. But you can definitely injure up to a hundred people and put lots of them in hospital for a very long time. If you still think that unsatisfactory I can throw in a few amputees.
Finally it's more likely that your hit-man would be hit with a tranquilizer dart fired from a drone squadron, since there's an air force base nearby and most police are unarmed.

And are we frozen on the Weapons issue? Your country, your rules, I just find it incredulous that even an expansive bureaucratic system could find them (iirc, France had roughly 15% of its population in public office. That may be urban population and not overall, but still, smuggling and other illicit activities from large to small alike were extremely rife) but, like I said, your country your rules. So if there's to be no further discussion, what happens would I be allowed to bring in and in what quantity (this will also be updated in the post).

Well, the point isn't a bomb. Or the actual damage itself.

The point is that someone brazenly stepped out in the open and started killing. The point is that being a tourist isn't safe anymore, so that it has a psychological (and thus real) affect on the tourist industry of atleast the Seberia region.

But if you'd really rather prefer, I can go the bomb route as well.

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:33 am

Firmador wrote:Well, the point isn't a bomb. Or the actual damage itself.

The point is that someone brazenly stepped out in the open and started killing. The point is that being a tourist isn't safe anymore, so that it has a psychological (and thus real) affect on the tourist industry of atleast the Seberia region.

But if you'd really rather prefer, I can go the bomb route as well.

This makes sense to me. One thing that I think makes this RP special is it deep and multi-faceted. There are effects within effects, and every action has a consequence, even ones that might not be easily perceived. Those effects are interesting to explore.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:42 am

Cant believe i forgot about this small thread.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 am

Firmador wrote:But if you'd really rather prefer, I can go the bomb route as well.

You're welcome to use a small bomb or a pistol or any sort of small weapon. But not a Scud, nor artillery pieces, or anything else of that sort.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:54 am

There was an OOC thread for this the whole time. Wow.

Naybra wrote:I enjoy how no one seemed to read my post and letter to Ghant. Mizrad, so help me if you accidentally shoot my officials, I'll kill you! However, depending on New Lowland's decision, it would be a great plot twister. I love how you also use Halcyon Arms Aircrafts. I'm not alone.

I should really read that letter.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Halcyon Arms' stuff? It comes across to me as tech-wank excused by :ns:.

That might just be me, though.
Last edited by The New Lowlands on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Naybra
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Naybra » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Now I'm stumped on how to progress Naybra's involvement. The bio-weapon is now kind of gone now that Rhodesea posted.
Proud Member of the Panessos Community
| | The Western Isles of Naybra | |
Moving on Up
IIWiki | My History in NationStates | Embassy Program | Naybra International Airport | WIoN Inc.
DEFCON STATUS
1. Nuclear War
2. Engaged in War
3. Preparing for War
4. Sending Aid
5. Increase Intelligence Activity
6. Normal Readiness
Call me Naybra

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Naybra maybe you could just ask Ghant about that or something. If that doesn't work, see what other people are doing and interact with them.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Firmador wrote:But if you'd really rather prefer, I can go the bomb route as well.

You're welcome to use a small bomb or a pistol or any sort of small weapon. But not a Scud, nor artillery pieces, or anything else of that sort.

So the 500 Assault Rifles and RPGs in the storehouse need to be changed to several thousand pistols? What is your definition of 'small', I remember you having some opposition to my assault rifles, just want to clarify that.

As for the... Mac-10 since I want some fire power for him are you still heavily adverse to the success of serial murder? I can understand, and make the shooting (again its only guna be 1 paragraph) as vague as possible possibly mostly involving the trip there passing cordons and riding a bike in the lush expansive forests.

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Ghant [And pretty much everybody else], what's your stance on PMC's from different non-directly involved nations being used in this RP?

Firmador
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Firmador » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Mizrad wrote:Ghant [And pretty much everybody else], what's your stance on PMC's from different non-directly involved nations being used in this RP?

PMC?

Private Military Corporation?

I may have some work for them in Bordshav... or maybe Rhodesea... I do have a soft spot for Socialist puppets.

Yes, if you mean PMC like I think I need to TG you a mission for Rhodesea.

It's ambitious. It will probably fail. It's what I'll be paying you for!!!

Mizrad
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Oh I didn't mean me but, I think I could do that. I'm thinking of making a PMC/Engineering/Logistical support storefront anyways so ehh, screw it I'll take up that offer.

EDIT: Yes I did mean PMC's though, and also if you want a great PMC to hire, try Commoner League Industries or ask Trenaria, he's got a large amount of experience in that field.
Last edited by Mizrad on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Mizrad wrote:Ghant [And pretty much everybody else], what's your stance on PMC's from different non-directly involved nations being used in this RP?

I don't see the harm.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Naybra wrote:Now I'm stumped on how to progress Naybra's involvement. The bio-weapon is now kind of gone now that Rhodesea posted.

Or, maybe your country, government or scientists are involved in that project?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Nanovia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nanovia » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:02 pm

I understand that this is a signup thread...any info required, or can I just step right in?
Last edited by Nanovia on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Nanovia wrote:I understand that this is a signup thread...any info required, or can I just step right in?

Come on in, old friend! TG me if you have any questions or comments. This is a pretty complex situation.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:14 am

Firmador wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:You're welcome to use a small bomb or a pistol or any sort of small weapon. But not a Scud, nor artillery pieces, or anything else of that sort.

So the 500 Assault Rifles and RPGs in the storehouse need to be changed to several thousand pistols? What is your definition of 'small', I remember you having some opposition to my assault rifles, just want to clarify that.

I thought we were talking about your lone hitman. Like I said it depends how you bring it in: if you're bringing in a few Assault Rifles/RPGs for only a few people by miniature submarine, chances are they would evade detection. But you'd never get 500 Assault Rifles in without them being detected.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents