NATION

PASSWORD

Invasion of South Rothinzil OOC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Tyran
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tyran » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:05 pm

You can't direct electromagnetic pulses like what you see in sci-fi or whatnot unless you pop a nuke directly above your target than that will radiate EMP.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Neutron Warheads.They can do that.
Also there are devices that fry electronics using an EMP pulse.
And my emp is based on the C&C generals china EMP general thats from where i took it.
NSG Senate
Senator Branko Aleksic Deputy leader of the REFORM party

New Tyran
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tyran » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:Neutron Warheads.They can do that.
Also there are devices that fry electronics using an EMP pulse.
And my emp is based on the C&C generals china EMP general thats from where i took it.

I figured but you should not take technology you see from the C&C games (especially the C&C games) as they are obviously seriously unrealistic. Unless this role play isn't focused on realism then do what you will. If this RP is based on realism I'll be going in as a sort of year 2020 Britain and Germany if not then I'll be like the Allies from the C&C RA games like I do normally.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Generals and Red Alert are diferent universes.
The Generals one is based on the real world with mostly RL technology as it is considred that it would be during those years.
The red Alert one is the Sci fi one.Cronoswere weather control iron curtain and so.
NSG Senate

New Tyran
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tyran » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:Generals and Red Alert are diferent universes.
The Generals one is based on the real world with mostly RL technology as it is considred that it would be during those years.
The red Alert one is the Sci fi one.Cronoswere weather control iron curtain and so.

Yes, I know that but Generals even though it has real life technology I still wouldn't say the tech from the C&C games in all universes can be considered realistic in a RP that is meant to be realistic. If this is not the RP meant for realism then just carry on.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Myself in this RP am going with 2020-2025 technology or around that time.The EMP is the only thing that is borrowed from the technology of generals.So if you want i will not use it.The main reason why i went with the EMP is the nuke.
I hate RP with nukes...
NSG Senate

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:Myself in this RP am going with 2020-2025 technology or around that time.The EMP is the only thing that is borrowed from the technology of generals.So if you want i will not use it.The main reason why i went with the EMP is the nuke.
I hate RP with nukes...

I'm pretty sure this is MT, not PMT.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:43 pm

MT goes upto 2020.After that around 2025 year RL start PMT and so.
NSG Senate

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:45 pm

MT can be anything from up to 10 years from now, but judging by what the current RPing has been, I'd say we weren't going ahead of 2013 at all.
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed

Alorianistan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alorianistan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:07 pm

The time period im rping in is 2013 but I will accept EMP stuff, since golden-eye was made in 1995 and it was about a huge emp satellite

The Greater Luthorian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Luthorian Empire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:Myself in this RP am going with 2020-2025 technology or around that time.The EMP is the only thing that is borrowed from the technology of generals.So if you want i will not use it.The main reason why i went with the EMP is the nuke.
I hate RP with nukes...

Nukes are far more logical in RPs than EMPs considering that most military equipment is hardened against EMPs, and cold war doctrine on both sides involved large scale use of tactical nuclear weapons should a conventional war break out. As long as both sides are civil about it and maintain close contact OOC nukes can be used just fine. Hell they could even create a nice way to end a war without either side being forced to cede victory. One side uses a tactical nuke, the other side uses them, eventually the nations are at each others' throats and come to a ceasefire to avert nuclear war.
Imperializt Russia wrote:They told me I could be anything, so I became a razor blade.

Avorez
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Avorez » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Stomalia wrote:
Avorez wrote:Hey! I'm not a dictatorship!

I'm an absolute monarchy.

I believe you are fighting on their side...

How does one go from only sending financial and material aid to launching a military invasion and participating in the fighting?
Bontivate wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Thank God you will never be president of the US.

If he was Pres, the other branches would work together to hang him by his own intestines and force feed him angry scorpions.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Is this RP open to anyone?

Stomalia
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Bolovia wrote:Is this RP open to anyone?

Yes, I believe so.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Das-husland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Das-husland » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 pm

EMPs occur in atomic or nuclear explosions, they are NOT directable at one area, and I'll also say that goldeneye actually was a nuclear bomb in a satellite. (I actually have the background to goldeneye so...)

so just saying, if you are going to allow EMP, you'll have to allow nukes.

Secondly, I will be in this RP, just rping my forces coming into the conflict legitimately, rather than doing a teleport of ships/planes.
There's no greater force to make someone lie than the threat of punishment for having told the truth - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Wars Won
Nationstates Cold War
DSE Civil War
Gulf Empire invasion of South Rothinzil
United Territories of North America Luremurg Rebellion

Wars Lost
DSE nuclear Intervention.

Stahn
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stahn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:38 pm

On the topic of EMP's:

There are also non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse generators which can be carried as a payload of bombs, cruise missiles (such as the CHAMP missile) and drones, with diminished mechanical, thermal and ionizing radiation effects, but without the political consequences of deploying nuclear weapons.

The use of nuclear electromagnetic pulse's is equal to the use of nuclear weapons. I am not picking sides here, it is simply how it is.

However, the effect of EMP's on naval vessels should not be overestimated. During the cold war most naval vessels are protected against EMP's. In a total war scenario like NationStates nations could realistically turn major naval vessels into Faraday cages.

In the real world because of the threat of EMP's during the cold war, a lot of warships can function up to some level without electrical systems anyway.

It would render these vessels less effective but they would still pose a threat.

Anyway, in my case to counter RP-ers that push the limits of MT so to speak I am willing to push the limits of MT for my forces as well. Only to counter the imbalance and trying not to affect the balance between my nation and that of a more modest MT nation I rp with.

So in this case, I have decided that all of my naval vessels function like Faraday cages. I couldn't blame anybody else for doing the same.

I also have a question for South Rothinzil.

S.R. Your forces are fighting on 3 fronts now. That seems like an awful lot for a nation of your economic and military power. Frankly I don't see how you can afford that.

And I can not understand how you can keep attacking other nations because of your idealistic War Against Dictators campaign while you let your allies sacrifice so much in the defense of your nation.

Although maybe that later issue is something I might want to raise in an IC-post instead.
Last edited by Stahn on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 am

Correct Stahn.Althouth i think a ship would need much more for such a cage to function.Thats why i even told him emp shilding that exist in the ships.
Still i am not a guy that knows how do those Faraday cages function.Every single one of my ships save the smalest on have full EMP shielding on their sistes.Corvets and the rest have on their critical sistems.

As for the point red star made with the nukes.I doubt that that is possible in such a rp as this one.Tactical nukes still leave radiation.As in case of a tactical nuke it is easy to retaliate with a ICBM with a 100 megaton warhead.Even a mirv launch with 500 kt warheads will make a hell of a problem.Thats why i would rather keep em out.And thats why the emp was deployed in the first place.A nuke that i thought was used on a S.R island.
NSG Senate

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 am

Chernosk wrote:Early morning, off the coast of South Rothinzil. The CS Aklat (an old, but modified and restored Foxtrot class submarine) had just made contact with 1, large warship. Her country of origin, Alorianistan. As the Submarine got closer, her crew went to battle stations and the general alarm sounded.

"Alright men move it!"
"Hurry up."
"SILENCE!"

The submarine finally stopped and the order was given. Sink that warship. So then, the crew got 6 torpedoes ready for firing. After about 2 minutes, the captain ordered the firing of those torpedoes. Once all 6 were away, the captain ordered a dive to 220 feet to avoid sonar detection. Once at 220 feet, the crew waited about 12 seconds before hearing 3 loud explosions. The torpedoes had hit their mark. The crew screamed with joy, only to be silenced by the captain. They then went up to periscope depth, and observed a large ship, possibly a heavy cruiser, in half, and listing very hard to starboard. The CS Aklat and the chernoskian navy, had just scored, their 2nd victory in the history of the CDF.

After thinking it over, the captain of the Aklat pulled alongside the sinking hulk, and picked up about 35 survivors. 5 officers and 30 enlisted. One of these officers was the XO of the experimental heavy cruiser, Commissarate, that was preparing for shakedown cruise. They then set course for a South Rothinzilian ports.

Excuse me, but this is a blatant godmod.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:21 am

I honestly think that chernosk and aloristan is the same person britano.
Having nothing else to do i used the analisis function of NS to perform an economic check of the nations taking part in the conflict.
The largest manufacturing and Arms industry sectors from the defence of S.R belong to me.
The largest manufacturing and Arms industry from the coalition of dictatorships belong to Avarez.
Defence coalition
Overal Manufacturing strenth: 53+7 from S.R would mean 60.
Overal Arms Industry Strenth: 37+5 from Sr that makes it 42
Coalition against S.R
Overal Manufacturing strenth: 67 out of those 23 belong to avarez
Overal Arms Industry Strenth: 47 out of those 14 belong to avarez
Industrial vise the countries are close to each other.
Last edited by Macedonian Grand Empire on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSG Senate

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:32 am

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:I honestly think that chernosk and aloristan is the same person britano.
Having nothing else to do i used the analisis function of NS to perform an economic check of the nations taking part in the conflict.
The largest manufacturing and Arms industry sectors from the defence of S.R belong to me.
The largest manufacturing and Arms industry from the coalition of dictatorships belong to Avarez.
Defence coalition
Coalition against S.R

does that include me? or does it not seeing as i'm not providing any military support?
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:33 am

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:
Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:I honestly think that chernosk and aloristan is the same person britano.
Defence coalition
Coalition against S.R

does that include me? or does it not seeing as i'm not providing any military support?

It does.I used the one thing posted by someone a page or 2 back.
NSG Senate

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 am

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:does that include me? or does it not seeing as i'm not providing any military support?

It does.I used the one thing posted by someone a page or 2 back.

Okay
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Atorea
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 am

Im back guys. Can I post?
Colonies: The Dominion of The Colony of Atorea, and The Community of Colonial State of Atorea
If you have an RP, and you want members, I will gladly like for you to TG me!!!!!
[Surl=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262602]Member of the Western Coalition[/url]

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:03 pm

You do not need a permision to post something in the IC tread.
I am waiting for aloristan to respond to the attack and for S.R to have the president meed with the emperor
NSG Senate

Atorea
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:You do not need a permision to post something in the IC tread.
I am waiting for aloristan to respond to the attack and for S.R to have the president meed with the emperor

Ok. I am planning something major. Is any invaders on?
Colonies: The Dominion of The Colony of Atorea, and The Community of Colonial State of Atorea
If you have an RP, and you want members, I will gladly like for you to TG me!!!!!
[Surl=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262602]Member of the Western Coalition[/url]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents