NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas Of Stars OOC Thread [FT Galaxy/Community]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oogium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 am

Caecuser wrote:
Oogium wrote:We can try, anyways. The globular cluster would have allowed the same thing.

I still think we should somehow be a closed system. Galaxy fragment? Because we're supposed to be unifying our galaxy, not just a tiny segment of it.

Who said anything about tiny? That map shows a quarter of the whole Galaxy.

And I'm sure the Federation claims to represent the whole Galaxy but I'm expecting a bit of exaggeration and propaganda in that.

Ooh! Maybe they used to, but don't anymore? How would that work?
My entire nation is being revamped, which gives me more room for

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mom! I found a space krill! Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase?

Toishima
Senator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 am

Time to ask the controversial question of... Can we operate on the original Earth? I was thinking, since it's been utterly annihilated and nobody would search there, the wasteland could be a good place for clandestine meetings.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:18 am

Oogium wrote:
Caecuser wrote:
Who said anything about tiny? That map shows a quarter of the whole Galaxy.

And I'm sure the Federation claims to represent the whole Galaxy but I'm expecting a bit of exaggeration and propaganda in that.

Ooh! Maybe they used to, but don't anymore? How would that work?

Nah - this map allows for future RPs to cover other portions of the Galaxy / leave things out there to discover.

And, no Toishima - it wasn't just reduced to a wasteland, it was transported through hyperspace to the center of the Sun.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 am

Caecuser wrote:
Oogium wrote:Ooh! Maybe they used to, but don't anymore? How would that work?

Nah - this map allows for future RPs to cover other portions of the Galaxy / leave things out there to discover.

And, no Toishima - it wasn't just reduced to a wasteland, it was transported through hyperspace to the center of the Sun.

I will concede defeat.

But I still think we should use a different map or include the fragment idea.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 am

Oogium wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

I will concede defeat.

But I still think we should use a different map or include the fragment idea.

There, there Oogium - you're just worried because you're going to have to mark the locations of dozens of systems.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:23 am

Caecuser wrote:And, no Toishima - it wasn't just reduced to a wasteland, it was transported through hyperspace to the center of the Sun.

Such a terrible vengeance shall be wrought.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:24 am

Caecuser wrote:And, no Toishima - it wasn't just reduced to a wasteland, it was transported through hyperspace to the center of the Sun.

Damnit Jim I was so close!

Anyway, my 'contingency plan' is for the original Toishima colony to be an abandoned ecumenopolis, a ghost-town, so to speak, covered in thick, choking smog. This planet will be right at the heart of the Empire, and should also be able to host clandestine meetings.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:25 am

Segmentia wrote:

Such a terrible vengeance shall be wrought.

Yeah... that's gonna bite the Federation in the backside later.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 am

So, I've come up with this concept of "Cannibalistic Infusion". Now, I nearly failed tenth grade biology, so don't get angry if there are basic flaws in the process, but basically, much as humans evolved to adapt to their environment, so did the Yntinak. There is little fauna on their home planet, so their bodies adapted to the aspect of cannibalism, in a very Darwinist Way. Yntinak bodies began producing a psychoactive enzyme which made the consumer very sick, becoming hallucinogenic effect. In response, many Yntinak began developing a part in their digestive tract that resembles the human Appendix. This organ is able to process the enzyme and actually turn the psychoactive effects into an ability to access deeper parts of the mind, allowing for increased brain power, and, at the same time, the body issues small amounts of the processed enzyme to the muscles, stimulating muscle mitochondria to produce rapid, twitchy movement, and to become quicker and more agile.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:So, I've come up with this concept of "Cannibalistic Infusion". Now, I nearly failed tenth grade biology, so don't get angry if there are basic flaws in the process, but basically, much as humans evolved to adapt to their environment, so did the Yntinak. There is little fauna on their home planet, so their bodies adapted to the aspect of cannibalism, in a very Darwinist Way. Yntinak bodies began producing a psychoactive enzyme which made the consumer very sick, becoming hallucinogenic effect. In response, many Yntinak began developing a part in their digestive tract that resembles the human Appendix. This organ is able to process the enzyme and actually turn the psychoactive effects into an ability to access deeper parts of the mind, allowing for increased brain power, and, at the same time, the body issues small amounts of the processed enzyme to the muscles, stimulating muscle mitochondria to produce rapid, twitchy movement, and to become quicker and more agile.

Any thoughts?

So basically it only reacts to the nervous system of the Yntinak?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:So, I've come up with this concept of "Cannibalistic Infusion". Now, I nearly failed tenth grade biology, so don't get angry if there are basic flaws in the process, but basically, much as humans evolved to adapt to their environment, so did the Yntinak. There is little fauna on their home planet, so their bodies adapted to the aspect of cannibalism, in a very Darwinist Way. Yntinak bodies began producing a psychoactive enzyme which made the consumer very sick, becoming hallucinogenic effect. In response, many Yntinak began developing a part in their digestive tract that resembles the human Appendix. This organ is able to process the enzyme and actually turn the psychoactive effects into an ability to access deeper parts of the mind, allowing for increased brain power, and, at the same time, the body issues small amounts of the processed enzyme to the muscles, stimulating muscle mitochondria to produce rapid, twitchy movement, and to become quicker and more agile.

Any thoughts?

So basically the Yntinak are walking drugs which also benefit their own race?
GOKIGENYOU~

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:33 am

Toishima wrote:

Any thoughts?

So basically the Yntinak are walking drugs which also benefit their own race?

While imposing hallucinogenic effects on others. It makes up for their relative physical frailty compared to other species.

Ralnis wrote:

Any thoughts?

So basically it only reacts to the nervous system of the Yntinak?

No, as I said above. It reacts in everybody's system, but in non-Yntinak bodies it would produce a mushroom-like effect.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 am

Canuckland wrote:
Caecuser wrote:
Hmm - probes and ships going too far out into the Galaxy could disappear mysteriously but I think I'm gonna leave that bit in mystery for a while longer.

Suddenly:

Space Monsters.

I fully intend "Here there be Monsters" to be a valid label on Federation maps.

Because giant space squid the size of continents, and Kaiju space Megaladons.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 am

I figure the Hunzoi will be pretty delighted for this development.
GOKIGENYOU~

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:40 am

Toishima wrote:I figure the Hunzoi will be pretty delighted for this development.

Which, mine?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:40 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Toishima wrote:So basically the Yntinak are walking drugs which also benefit their own race?

While imposing hallucinogenic effects on others. It makes up for their relative physical frailty compared to other species.

Ralnis wrote:So basically it only reacts to the nervous system of the Yntinak?

No, as I said above. It reacts in everybody's system, but in non-Yntinak bodies it would produce a mushroom-like effect.

Yeah, just realized that after I submitted my app which I still need to finish.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Canuckland wrote:Suddenly:

Space Monsters.

In the intergalactic darkness bit of the map you have permission to write that in big letters.

Also though you don't really have any territories you'll still need some placement on the map.

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Toishima wrote:I figure the Hunzoi will be pretty delighted for this development.

Which, mine?

Yeah. Although I can't speak for TNF, of course.
GOKIGENYOU~

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 am

Caecuser wrote:

In the intergalactic darkness bit of the map you have permission to write that in big letters.

Also though you don't really have any territories you'll still need some placement on the map.

Is there a map already out to place claims on?

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:47 am

Ralnis wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

Is there a map already out to place claims on?

Yes - though we'll need a map-maker to put it on and either Tantalus (if he shows up) or G-Tech (if he accepts) will take that position.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 am

Caecuser wrote:

I was thinking more the other parts of the galaxy, since the monsters would be there to prevent any colonization.

The handwave is that those areas of the galaxy have more background radiation, which space krill feed upon. Giant ten kilometer space whales feed on them, forming the food chain the eldritch monsters are supported by. Plus I fully intend to have Krakens that hide on worlds, masquerading as mountain ranges and continents to ambush passing whale pods and the errant starship or two.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 am

Caecuser wrote:

I was thinking more the other parts of the galaxy, since the monsters would be there to prevent any colonization.

The handwave is that those areas of the galaxy have more background radiation, which space krill feed upon. Giant ten kilometer space whales feed on them, forming the food chain the eldritch monsters are supported by. Plus I fully intend to have Krakens that hide on worlds, masquerading as mountain ranges and continents to ambush passing whale pods and the errant starship or two.

Right - we'll leave all that stuff for future RP's though.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:53 am

Caecuser wrote:

You just said space krill, didn't you? :lol2:

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:

Transoxthraxia wrote:

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:55 am

Caecuser wrote:

But of course. It'll only come up if someone tries to explore the aptly-named "Inhospitable Regions".

Oogium wrote:

You just said space krill, didn't you? :lol2:

Each one is as large as a dog, and supplements it's diet of cosmic radiation with flesh and asteroids.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:56 am

Caecuser wrote:

But of course. It'll only come up if someone tries to explore the aptly-named "Inhospitable Regions".

Oogium wrote:You just said space krill, didn't you? :lol2:

Each one is as large as a dog, and supplements it's diet of cosmic radiation with flesh and radiation.