NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas Of Stars OOC Thread [FT Galaxy/Community]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Canuckland
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 am

Toishima wrote:
Canuckland wrote:Gives me time to add more to my military.

Just curious, what's your main infantry weapon?

Getting there.

But it would be the DC series of blasters used by the clones, and a few other blasters I found while digging around on Wookiepedia. They will have different names of course, along with not using little balls of whatever, but rather Plasma Infused Bolts.
Please call me 'Canuck.'
Also, here's my Factbook WIP Factbook.

Factbook update incoming any day now...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:53 am

Oogium wrote:
Caecuser wrote:
If ever arrives I'll supply him with the map for him to put our claims on.

He has one, I edited it into my post. I thought since we were using the globular cluster galaxy we were using his map....

Googledocs needs an MSpaint function.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:55 am

Canuckland wrote:
Toishima wrote:Just curious, what's your main infantry weapon?

Getting there.

But it would be the DC series of blasters used by the clones, and a few other blasters I found while digging around on Wookiepedia. They will have different names of course, along with not using little balls of whatever, but rather Plasma Infused Bolts.

Yeah, if you share that with us, we'll share our lasrifles with you...
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Canuckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 am

Toishima wrote:
Canuckland wrote:Getting there.

Yeah, if you share that with us, we'll share our lasrifles with you...

Clones/Imperial Guards?

Not to mention, clone tech can be given to you as well...
Please call me 'Canuck.'

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 am

Oogium wrote:
Caecuser wrote:
If ever arrives I'll supply him with the map for him to put our claims on.

He has one, I edited it into my post. I thought since we were using the globular cluster galaxy we were using his map....

Ah, I've seen that one. I think it's too small for our use and the one I've found allows us to mark our systems with pinpoint precision... kinda.

This map should be large enough.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 am

Caecuser wrote:
Oogium wrote:He has one, I edited it into my post. I thought since we were using the globular cluster galaxy we were using his map....

Ah, I've seen that one. I think it's too small for our use and the one I've found allows us to mark our systems with pinpoint precision... kinda.

But the partial galaxy thing....remember? Eventually someone will send out a probe and discover everything else.....We debated this, that's why we decided on the globular cluster map!
My entire nation is being revamped, which gives me more room for

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mom! I found a space krill! Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase?

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:00 am

Oogium wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

But the partial galaxy thing....remember? Eventually someone will send out a probe and discover everything else.....We debated this, that's why we decided on the globular cluster map!

Or we can simple say that the rest of the Galaxy isn't worth exploring yet and nobody has done it anyway.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 am

Caecuser wrote:
Oogium wrote:But the partial galaxy thing....remember? Eventually someone will send out a probe and discover everything else.....We debated this, that's why we decided on the globular cluster map!

Or we can simple say that the rest of the Galaxy isn't worth exploring yet and nobody has done it anyway.

I volunteer to RP the esoteric forces that immolate any explorers who try to get to the other quarters of the galaxy.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 am

Caecuser wrote:
Oogium wrote:But the partial galaxy thing....remember? Eventually someone will send out a probe and discover everything else.....We debated this, that's why we decided on the globular cluster map!

But then someone will. Eventually, someone is going to send out a probe, at the least, or someone'll sign up as someone from te other part of the galaxy. We really did debate this, I'll find the argument if you want.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Canuckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:02 am

Caecuser wrote:

I'm pretty sure everyone would be curious of what's out there.
Please call me 'Canuck.'

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:02 am

Canuckland wrote:
Toishima wrote:Yeah, if you share that with us, we'll share our lasrifles with you...

Clones/Imperial Guards?

Not to mention, clone tech can be given to you as well...

Nah, we already have it to ensure a steady stream of food from cloned animals, as well as to populate worlds with familiar animals like cows, sheep, carp and Flying Kaijuronian Centiwasps. Never used on humans, though.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:03 am

Canuckland wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

I'm pretty sure everyone would be curious of what's out there.

Exactly. Exactly. Even if there was no life out there (which, given how crowded our little section is, I expect there would be), there'd be planets to mine and terraform, for sure.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:03 am

Oogium wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

But then someone will. Eventually, someone is going to send out a probe, at the least, or someone'll sign up as someone from te other part of the galaxy. We really did debate this, I'll find the argument if you want.

Why would they send a probe out? If it's too find a system to colonize then there are numerous ones around them to go to instead of halfway across the Galaxy.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:05 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

I volunteer to RP the esoteric forces that immolate any explorers who try to get to the other quarters of the galaxy.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:07 am

Hmm - probes and ships going too far out into the Galaxy could disappear mysteriously but I think I'm gonna leave that bit in mystery for a while longer.

G-Tech; this is what I envision every time you enter a battlefield.
Last edited by Caecuser on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canuckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 am

Caecuser wrote:

Hmm - probes and ships going too far out into the Galaxy could disappear mysteriously but I think I'm gonna leave that bit in mystery for a while longer.

Suddenly:

Space Monsters.
Please call me 'Canuck.'

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:09 am

Strange gravitational anomalies prevent ships from going out there, plus the black hole at the center of the galaxy will screw up navigation because of mysterious properties relating to a nearby galaxy's magnetic pull. There.
GOKIGENYOU~

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:10 am

Caecuser wrote:

Idea #1: we are a fragment of a galaxy, separated by a large gulf of space from the mother galaxy, due to a collision with another galaxy.

Idea #2: we use the globular cluster idea, which'd make a lot more sense, since the Federation is supposed to unify the galaxy.

Idea #3: we use the old Tenebris map, because frankly there's nothing wrong with it.

Why do I feel like the voice of dissent a lot? :p

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 am

Toishima wrote:Strange gravitational anomalies prevent ships from going out there, plus the black hole at the center of the galaxy will screw up navigation because of mysterious properties relating to a nearby galaxy's magnetic pull. There.

Or... Space Monsters. I kid, of course.

Oog - this new map is better because instead of wildly covering an area and claiming that whole region we can accurately put down the locations of our systems.
Last edited by Caecuser on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canuckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 am

Caecuser wrote:
Toishima wrote:Strange gravitational anomalies prevent ships from going out there, plus the black hole at the center of the galaxy will screw up navigation because of mysterious properties relating to a nearby galaxy's magnetic pull. There.

Oog - this new map is better because instead of wildly covering an area and claiming that whole region we can accurately put down the locations of our systems.

Actually, in an OoC sense, it does make sense.
In an IC sense, it doesn't.
Please call me 'Canuck.'

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:14 am

Canuckland wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

Actually, in an OoC sense, it does make sense.
In an IC sense, it doesn't.

In an IC sense we say that nobody has ever returned from visiting other portions of the Galaxy. This will become relevant later.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:14 am

Caecuser wrote:

We can try, anyways. The globular cluster would have allowed the same thing.

I still think we should somehow be a closed system. Galaxy fragment? Because we're supposed to be unifying our galaxy, not just a tiny segment of it.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:15 am

Caecuser wrote:Or... Space Monsters. I kid, of course.

Space monsters would make sense as well, sort of. Kind of like the Grox in Spore. A completely foreign race that immediately annihilates anything coming out of this quadrant.

Plot twist the Space monsters are actually clones of Hitler.
GOKIGENYOU~

Canuckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:15 am

Toishima wrote:
Caecuser wrote:Or... Space Monsters. I kid, of course.

Space monsters would make sense as well, sort of. Kind of like the Grox in Spore. A completely foreign race that immediately annihilates anything coming out of this quadrant.

Plot twist the Space monsters are actually clones of Hitler.

Plot Twist:

They are Godzilla Hitlers.
Please call me 'Canuck.'

Caecuser
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 am

Oogium wrote:
Caecuser wrote:

We can try, anyways. The globular cluster would have allowed the same thing.

I still think we should somehow be a closed system. Galaxy fragment? Because we're supposed to be unifying our galaxy, not just a tiny segment of it.

Who said anything about tiny? That map shows a quarter of the whole Galaxy.

And I'm sure the Federation claims to represent the whole Galaxy but I'm expecting a bit of exaggeration and propaganda in that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents