NATION

PASSWORD

Gibet's decision to build nuclear weapons.(Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Gibet
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

3:34 PM EST
Krakow,Gibet

Adolph Hess steps in front of the cameras as the citizens in their homes watch. He takes a deep breath and "In response to the last several "incidents" involving espionage,bombings, and an attempt on my life. We have decided to build short,medium, and long range nuclear weapons. We only plan to use them if we are attacked.
Any attempt to use them as a weapon of attack to start a war will be blocked. You, see I am the only one who knows the launch codes.Believe me, the world doesn't care what we do. We have expanded our borders and they can not reach us. Once we have nuclear weapons, they won't dare try to stop us. As, I said they have too many other things on their minds now. Thank you, and goodnight Gibet and all the ships at sea."

The transmission ends and the original program is back on. The people in their homes are not sure what to think of their leaders words. They think it's a great step forward for Gibet but they're unsure what the rest of the world thinks.
Gott Mit Uns!

Jeraddo
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeraddo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Whilst the United States recognises the need to have nuclear weapons to serve as a nuclear deterrent, much like the US's own Nuclear stockpile. The United States must endorse restraint in their use. We also advise using Nuclear weapons as a shield to hide behind when doing other, non-nuclear actions against your neighbours and the rest of the world community. Nuclear weapon should only be held to deter an enemy from launching Nuclear weapons at your country, not to allow you to bully others into submission.

Signed
Secretary of State
United States of Jeraddo
United States of Jeraddo

United States of Jeraddo Embassy Exchange

DEFENCE CONDITION: 3

Member of Skyguard

Karaden
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Karaden » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 pm

OOC. Why Adolph and 90% of NS has nukes

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Gibet wrote:"In response to the last several "incidents" involving espionage,bombings, and an attempt on my life. We have decided to build short,medium, and long range nuclear weapons."

Nuclear weapons won't protect you from any of those things. If you nuke our spies, you'll just be blowing up your own country.

-- Harlan Escrow, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Sarrowquand
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrowquand » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:32 pm

The Dominion of Sarrowquand asks that Adolph Hess and the nation of Gibet act in a responsible manner and invite nuclear weapons inspectors from a trusted and established third party. If possible we would like for you to make use of an international body dedicated to nuclear safety and weapons inspection: This stems from our desire for some assurances that Gibet's nuclear aresnal is properly secured and maintained though to be honest the Dominion government would rather you abandoned such ambitions as nuclear weapons pose a grave threat to the world environment.

Hailey Quail (Grey 42,632) Bureau of Foreign Affairs.

(ooc: I love how you pretty much say that you have spies in Gibet Fatatattuti. That made me smile)
Katganistan wrote:Purpure argent bend
Sinister, with arms of gules
Y displayed in Or

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 am

We will not allow nuclear inspecters to inspect our weapons. We can not trust any country to even look at our rockets. What they decide to go berserker and blow the whole thing up. Also, we don't believe these weapons will stop spies but they will scare others from spying because if we find out a country is spying on us, we will nuke them. the enemy is all around, their have been numerous attempts on my life, one of which happened today! We will plan to attack any country who attempts to stop us. We will not be denied our destiny as rulers of the world! WE RULE SUPREME!
Gott Mit Uns!

Karaden
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Karaden » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:34 am

OOc. Have you ever thought that your own people dont like u so there trying to kill u

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:38 am

Gibet wrote:We will not allow nuclear inspecters to inspect our weapons. We can not trust any country to even look at our rockets. What they decide to go berserker and blow the whole thing up. Also, we don't believe these weapons will stop spies but they will scare others from spying because if we find out a country is spying on us, we will nuke them. the enemy is all around, their have been numerous attempts on my life, one of which happened today! We will plan to attack any country who attempts to stop us. We will not be denied our destiny as rulers of the world! WE RULE SUPREME!

[OOC: No, you don't. You've got a population of less than 200 million and very poor RP skills. You can rule the world in your own head, but when it comes down to it you're a small fish in a big pond, and there are plenty of sharks here who'll eat you whole.]
Last edited by Ozymos on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 pm

And yet, I can't seem to figure out why most of your countries have populations twice or even three times as large as the population of Earth! So, as you can see, numbers count for nothing in small places where we have the advantage. As I said, numbers are only means of sracing people, and we sir, are not scared at all. Plus, a large ammount of these countries are for PEACE and DEMOCRACY. While we are simply helping along evolution and contributing towards a better tomarrow. While you all sit and discuss how to keep the world the way it is(corrupt,problematic,ruled by lunatics, need I go on?) we plan on building a better more controlled world where nothing can be "rigged" or "bribed" anyone caught trying so will be executed at once!
Gott Mit Uns!

Bohovia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bohovia » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Message From Bohovian National Defense

The Dominion of Bohovia condemns Gibet on their decision to build these WMD's. We are not convinced Gibet is nearly responsible nor trustworthy enough to handle dangerous weapons. Despite this, we recognize that the nation of Gibet owns these weapons, but are watching this nation very closely. That is all.
Military Stats: Soliders 180.1 million (approx.), 12,340 CM's, 7,533 Navy's, > 8,000 Nuclear Weapons!!13,460 Aircraft
DEFCON:1 2 3 4 5

Sarrowquand
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarrowquand » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Nuclear weapons in your schools

The rogue state of Gilbet recently developed a nuclear arsenal. Did they do this to forestall an imminent invasion? Did they do this to destroy asteroids heading towards the earth? No they did this to catch spies and ward of assassins. The unbalanced leader of Gilbet Adolph Hess fears personal attacks so much that he feels the need to keep the launch keys with him at all times, presumably even in the shower, he also endangers the world by preventing legitimate nuclear inspectors into Gilbet to check the safety of his bombs.
Adolph claims “they may try to launch our missiles” but the Orange asks if a nation like Gilbet is really capable of building nuclear weapons that won’t launch by accident? There is also a danger that these nuclear warheads may be stolen or spied upon by the various covert groups that have infiltrated Gilbet.
A reporter for The Orange caught up with a Fatatutti ‘tourist’ in Gilbet who was casually drinking from an imported coconut and was not at all worried about the chance of government surveillance. Initially she refused to comment but after several hours she suggested that she was in fact in the pay of famed general Castro-Stalina and told our reporter “sure I’d have no trouble at all stealing one of those warheads”.
Should a nuclear warhead be stolen from Gilbet it could be sold to terrorist movements within days and would likely be able to destroy a major city.
Katganistan wrote:Purpure argent bend
Sinister, with arms of gules
Y displayed in Or

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 am

Gibet wrote:So, as you can see, numbers count for nothing in small places where we have the advantage.

[OOC: Okay, two things;

1.) You responded to my message without putting OOC at the beginning of it. Since I can only assume that means you answered it in IC, then you just randomly spouted that at no one in NS. If you don't understand any of that, I can also readily assume you, too, never bothered to read the stickies - which I suggest you do, pronto.

2.) So you have nuclear weapons! That'd be great, except numbers do count for something here in NS. You see, since the invention of Anti-Ballistic missiles, improved radars and satelite surveillance, your nuclear weapons mean diddly squat to most nations. So with that out of the way, you are still a small fry. Your nuclear weapons Do Not Give You Any Advantage!

This seems to be the one thing small nations don't get - nuclear weapons are not the be-all and end-all of NationStates. The whole point of NS is telling stories with other people. If that means you have to take a loss now and then - take it! Simply having a thread that goes:

Post 1: I Declare War On <Insert Nation Here>! I drop nukes on him/her!
Post 2: My country is destroyed by the nukes
Post 3: Well, that was fun

Is not the point of RPing on NS. Equally, one that goes;

Post 1: I Declare War On <Insert Nation Here>! I drop nukes on him/her!
Post 2: I shoot down all your nukes, detect all your stealth planes and spot all your troops miles away!
Post 3: I drop more nukes on you
etc, etc

Is not the point of RPing either. So please, read the stickies.]
Last edited by Ozymos on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:18 am

After hearing the announcement coming from Gibet, about their recent construction of nuclear weapons, A.S.I.A. intelligence analysts began a file. The paranoia shown by the Gibet leader, Adolph Hess, coupled with his feelings of manifest destiny and fact that only he had the launch codes, was a major cause of concern. The A.S.I.A. director made the decision to re-task a couple of reconnaissance satellites to keep an eye on the situation, and locate the launch silos in case they needed to be taken out.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Justorica
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:30 am

Gibet wrote:3:34 PM EST
Krakow,Gibet

Adolph Hess steps in front of the cameras as the citizens in their homes watch. He takes a deep breath and "In response to the last several "incidents" involving espionage,bombings, and an attempt on my life. We have decided to build short,medium, and long range nuclear weapons. We only plan to use them if we are attacked.
Any attempt to use them as a weapon of attack to start a war will be blocked. You, see I am the only one who knows the launch codes.Believe me, the world doesn't care what we do. We have expanded our borders and they can not reach us. Once we have nuclear weapons, they won't dare try to stop us. As, I said they have too many other things on their minds now. Thank you, and goodnight Gibet and all the ships at sea."

The transmission ends and the original program is back on. The people in their homes are not sure what to think of their leaders words. They think it's a great step forward for Gibet but they're unsure what the rest of the world thinks.

OOC: :rofl: Many nations would dare stop you. Your not the only nation with nukes you now. Also, saying that "we have expanded our borders and they cannot reach us" while being the smallest form of it, a godmod. It's in the stickies. I'll make an IC post when I get back from court.

Tybra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tybra » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 am

Imperial Letter of Foreign Affairs

The Holy Empire of Tybra believes that each nation has the right to choose their favoured weaponry and the form of their military machine. This also include nuclear weaponry. The choice of taking nuclear weaponry within a nations arsenal is a difficult one, yet it is a choice which each nation has the right to take.

Once we had that choice and we said no, these are but weapons of madness. These are weapons of pure and eternal destruction, weapons which only harm our interest. That was and still is our stance, weapons of madness which should not exist. However, as we stated before each nation has the right to choose and regardless of what they chose we will accept the path they have taken.

The nation of Gibet has taken a path which, though not agree upon, will accept but we shall warn as well. These nuclear weapons will only cause eternal harm, think very well when using them. For when the Tybran interest ,which not only stretches to the Holy Empire but all whom we trade with or have certain interests in , would be harmed the legions of the Holy Empire of Tybra will strike down upon the nation which causes this eternal harm and we will show them that our legions will do a damage which will make nuclear weapons seem but a mere water pistol in comparison.

Signed,

Lord C, Imperator of the Holy Empire of Tybra
Tybra Factbook

"The key to strategy... is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
— Cavilo, The Vor Game

Mountain Confederates
Secretary

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mountain Confederates » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 am

IC:

It is the view of the Mountain Confederacy that every nation has a right to built what defenses they feel are necessary to protect themselves. We do not allow foreigners to tell us it is wrong of us to build certain weapons, and so we will not do so to others.

Having said that, however, we feel it would be wrong of us to say nothing of that attitude which Gibet seems to be constructing along with these weapons, an attitude which we feel is more dangerous in far-reaching terms than the weapons themselves. Those who lead Gibet seem to believe they are invulnerable, and may do as they wish at any time, without fearing consequences.

Needless to say, this view is silly at best. It is the road to folly and death.

- Mr. Ross Kemp, Chief of the State Department
Last edited by Mountain Confederates on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prevania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Prevania » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:11 pm

To: Adolph Hess, Gibet
Encryption: Theta 6

Dear Sir,

On behalf of Kriegmoglichkeiten International, I would urge you to reconsider your decision to build your own nuclear weapons. Here at Kriegmoglichkeiten International, we are committed to selling arms to anyone who has the cash to buy them. As such, we would advise you not to attempt to buld your own nuclear arsenal. Instead, we would council you to purchase your weapons of mass destruction from our company, since, unlike building them yourself, you will have instant access to a technologically superior arsenal without the need for costly, dangerous and time-consuming reasearch, development and testing.

Yours sincerely,

Kriegmoglichkeiten International
Prevania (MT)
Presenting Kriegmoglichkeiten International for all your mercenary and deniable strike needs, as well as raw materials. As a special discount, if you quote this, you will receive 5% off all purchases.

For the very best in airship design, visit The Guild of Prevanian Airship Manufacturers
Member of: IASEN, the Conglomerate

LDF Activation Status: 5
Defcon: 1

Prevania Wiki (MT)

Please note, all characters appearing in these posts are fictitious. Resemblances to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental.
Any opinions expressed by these posts may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the person behind them.
Prevania (FT)

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:15 pm

OOC: Have you ever considered, Ozy, that he's doing this on purpose? This is an IC thread, you know...
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Chernobl
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernobl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Ozymos wrote:
Gibet wrote:We will not allow nuclear inspecters to inspect our weapons. We can not trust any country to even look at our rockets. What they decide to go berserker and blow the whole thing up. Also, we don't believe these weapons will stop spies but they will scare others from spying because if we find out a country is spying on us, we will nuke them. the enemy is all around, their have been numerous attempts on my life, one of which happened today! We will plan to attack any country who attempts to stop us. We will not be denied our destiny as rulers of the world! WE RULE SUPREME!

[OOC: No, you don't. You've got a population of less than 200 million and very poor RP skills. You can rule the world in your own head, but when it comes down to it you're a small fish in a big pond, and there are plenty of sharks here who'll eat you whole.]

OOC: <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 mad respect. You stole the words from my mouth, or keyboard, rather.
Jolt Vet.
IC Name (FT): The Celestial Republic.
IC Name (MT): The Vast Dominion (The Dominion AKA Vast) (Vastian)

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:25 pm

New Kereptica wrote:OOC: Have you ever considered, Ozy, that he's doing this on purpose? This is an IC thread, you know...

[OOC: I do know, and I had considered the fact that this was being done on purpose. However, I think the main thing he's doing on purpose is pretending to be Iraq - being as he has the flag of Iraq, and won't let weapons inspectors check his WMD capability. However, I get the impression that his "I can rule the world" attitude is due to his newcomer status]

Bohovia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bohovia » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:30 pm

OOC:

You cant really stop him or make fun of him for having nuclear weapons, but he is well within range to own them. Although he DOES think to highly of himself, although when i got my first nuke i was like that too, but as long as he doesent threaten nuclear war then just leave him alone. My IC nations follow that strategy. Innocent till proven guilty in my nation.
Military Stats: Soliders 180.1 million (approx.), 12,340 CM's, 7,533 Navy's, > 8,000 Nuclear Weapons!!13,460 Aircraft
DEFCON:1 2 3 4 5

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:33 pm

OOC: You people think I'm not being realistic and yet, again, you have populations over the size of the world! Isn't this supposed to be a simulation. Like the REAL WORLD!

AHEM, in response to your letters, we have agreed to use the weapons only if they are needed. They will not be used as declarations of war. We only wish that you would stop being jerks and look at it as if it were in the real world! Jesus! People! Learn to have an imagination!
Espeacialy Ozymos. By the way, I saw your country's page, your population suggests you are either newer than me or you kill you people for fun!

Also, I had no intention of pretending to be IRAQ, this has been pure coincidence. Exept for the not allowing ispectors to visit the sites, I feel it is every nations right to decide if they want ispections of their facilities by foriegners or not.

Finally, the Iraqi flag appeals to me. Any of you who know their history would know that, the flag symbolizes "the land between two rivers" refering to ancient Mesopotamia in that area centuries ago.
Last edited by Gibet on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gott Mit Uns!

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 pm

I also appalogise for my egotistical behavior. It seems I have you all thinking I believe I can rule the world. I just like telling the people that so they don't feel bad.

So, Shut-up about it already! What if I found ways to ritiquel you! OZYMOS!

Alos, I would like to explain the " it will stop spying comment" comment. It was all a hunk of bologna. I know it won't stop spying but it will show the rest of you that we are not afraid and are willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice to stave off any invasion.
Last edited by Gibet on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gott Mit Uns!

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:48 pm

OOC: I actually have a population of over 200 million now. So, that ends that discussion right off the bat! Chernobl.

Back to OZYMOS, I would like to congratulate you......
on ruining some one elses fun. It seems like everyone else treats this thread like a real world thing while you seem to have plenty of practice at thinking inside the box.
Last edited by Gibet on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gott Mit Uns!

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Gibet wrote:I also appalogise for my egotistical behavior. It seems I have you all thinking I believe I can rule the world. I just like telling the people that so they don't feel bad.

So, Shut-up about it already! What if I found ways to ritiquel ridicule you! OZYMOS!

[OOC: My objective, Gibet, was not to ridicule you, but to provide you with the understanding that whilst this is a "simulation" (so to speak), all simulations have rules. "Some can be bent, others can be broken", what you must learn is that although some rules can be bent or broken, they can only be done so if other people involved in the RP feel that bending or breaking of said rules is neccessary.

Having apologised for your egotistical behaviour (which, by the way, you are not the only person to come onto II with that sort of attitude - I go around doing this to everyone who ignores the Helpdesk thread - feel the wrath of my constant nagging!), i have seen the door and shall depart through it.

But one final note; My population on Ozymos' NS page is less than 500 million. However, when RPing I currently use the pop from my old nation, 3.8 Billion.]

*Departs through the open forum door*

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents