NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Master
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2023
Right-wing Utopia

Postby New Master » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:04 pm

I see what y'all are talking here and I will say some stuff why I absolutely love the FT community.

1-Amazing people to meet and talk
2-No limit for your ideas, like me for example, everything started when I said "What if Transformers had an nation of their own?" and BOOM, New Master it is what is today
3-Sci-Fi is based
4-Crossovers are even more based
5-If you are an alien nation like me, you scare the shit out of MT human nations
6-Plasma>Laser
An Intergalactic Federation founded by Cybertronians.

RP Population: 30 billion
An 0.38 Civilization according to this index:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gonswanza » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:59 pm

New Master wrote:I see what y'all are talking here and I will say some stuff why I absolutely love the FT community.

2-No limit for your ideas, like me for example, everything started when I said "What if Transformers had an nation of their own?" and BOOM, New Master it is what is today
3-Sci-Fi is based
5-If you are an alien nation like me, you scare the shit out of MT human nations
6-Plasma>Laser

And here is why I dislike FT-

1. Nothin' but wank. When everyone is OP, nobody is. Until someone new joins, then they are rendered "weak and irrelevant".

2. Niche. Hilariously despite being so open and limitless, it ends up becoming weirdly niche since most people would rather inflate their egos over bothering to poke at a new universe in a harmless, exploratory context, unless they can completely snuff out any semblance of story and struggle to feed their god complex.

3. Fun in the mundane. Yea, it sounds boring, but it's not... 1:1 reality either. Have some fun! Toy with some odd ideas!

4. Poor writing. This is a common trope. Because nobody cares for quality when they have an arsenal of "I WIN" buttons at their disposal, especially in all tech RPs where they just show up, wave around their doomsday devices, use them, and then walk off with an immediate victory all satisfied while the OP (and everyone else) regrets ever dealing with them.

I'm sorry, bro, but there's two sides to every coin.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Zodokin
Attaché

Founded: Aug 31, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Zodokin » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:02 pm

Hello to all, i always wanted to put in scene a Civil War on NS and this nation seems the perfect, the base Idea was to make the current Leader of the Provvisional Government being couped and this would allow to many other factions to fight for the power, Leaving Zodokin in a complete mess.

Someone Could Help me giving me some Tips and Advices ?
Republic of Zodokin

Welcome in Zodokin, a South American Nation located in the Gulf of Mexico, rebuilding itself from a Military Dictatorship

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:25 pm

Zodokin wrote:Hello to all, i always wanted to put in scene a Civil War on NS and this nation seems the perfect, the base Idea was to make the current Leader of the Provvisional Government being couped and this would allow to many other factions to fight for the power, Leaving Zodokin in a complete mess.

I can do my best to answer your questions, but let’s set things out first.
What’s the tech level?
What sort of a country is it? How big?
What about the military?
Any pre-existing factions?
I can help with finer details if you want
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Zodokin
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zodokin » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:20 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Zodokin wrote:Hello to all, i always wanted to put in scene a Civil War on NS and this nation seems the perfect, the base Idea was to make the current Leader of the Provvisional Government being couped and this would allow to many other factions to fight for the power, Leaving Zodokin in a complete mess.

I can do my best to answer your questions, but let’s set things out first.
What’s the tech level?
What about the military?

Tech level Is MT

My country Is based on Mexico, Haiti and Dominica, the Island of Zodokin is slight bigger than Hispaniola

The Zodokinian Armed Forces are divided into Army, Navy and Air Force.

The Army counts on 85 000 soldiers, 72 MBTs, 240 between APCs, IFVs and other Armoured transport troop vehicles, 500 Light Mobility Vehicles and 330 other Logistical and Support Vehicles. The artillery counts on 350 Artillery Pieces.

The Navy counts on 15 000 members, and operates a force of 2 Corvettes, 3 Fregates, 2 Destroyers and several other smaller patrol ships

The Air Force count on 9 500 members, it operates with 25 Fighters, divided between Panavia Tornado, Mirage Dassault, F 14, some Eurofighter Typhoon will arrive in 2024. Other planes are 6 planes with special assignments, destinated to the the recon and the electronic warfare, at least 23 transport Planes, 32 Training Planes and 50 Helicopters between transport, Attack and recon

The Equipment is principally American and Russian, with some Importations from Brasil, Europe, China, Argentina and India

Factions: there is the ZDA, the Zodoki Democratic Authority, that is the Provvisional Government that toppled the recent Dictatorship of General Flavio Chavez. The ZDA is trying to re-establish order in the nation and want to make Zodokin a Democracy, but diffused corruption and other serious flaws undermine the attempts

Then we have the other factions

- The Zodokinian People's Front: the most far-left Faction, the ZPF wants to make Zodokin into a Communist state like Cuba, it will receive mainly support from Cuba and Venezuela

- The National Protection Army : the most far-right Faction, the NPA wants to make Zodokin into a nationalist dictatorship pursuing non-alliged policy and Anti-Americanism

- The Military or the National Junta: The Military, still powerhungry and preoccupied of the extremists in Power, and retaining the ZDA a puppet of the USA, will launch a coup against the ZDA and create the Zodoki National Junta

- Zodoki Democratic Alliance: a big coalition between many people Who want the nation to change the nation seriously, they are formed from people of all ideologies and will fight every other faction to obtain the Power

- Cartels (maybe ) : the power vacuum left the Cartels free to seize power in some regions of the nation, creating narcostates and causing chaos and violence, they aren't and official Faction of the conflict but i wanted to include them
Last edited by Zodokin on Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Zodokin

Welcome in Zodokin, a South American Nation located in the Gulf of Mexico, rebuilding itself from a Military Dictatorship

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:36 pm

Zodokin wrote:
Crysuko wrote:I can do my best to answer your questions, but let’s set things out first.
What’s the tech level?
What about the military?

Tech level Is MT

My country Is based on Mexico, Haiti and Dominica, the Island of Zodokin is slight bigger than Hispaniola

The Army counts on 85 000 soldiers, 72 MBTs, 240 between APCs, IFVs and other Armoured transport troop vehicles, 500 Light Mobility Vehicles and 330 other Logistical and Support Vehicles. The artillery counts on 350 Artillery Pieces.

The Navy counts on 15 000 members, and operates a force of 2 Corvettes, 3 Fregates, 2 Destroyers and several other smaller patrol ships

The Air Force count on 9 500 members, it operates with 25 Fighters, divided between Panavia Tornado, Mirage Dassault, F 14, some Eurofighter Typhoon will arrive in 2024. Other planes are 6 planes with special assignments, destinated to the the recon and the electronic warfare, at least 23 transport Planes, 32 Training Planes

The Equipment is principally American and Russian, with some Importations from Brasil, Europe, China, Argentina and India

Factions: there is the ZDA, the Zodoki Democratic Authority, that is the Provvisional Government that toppled the recent Dictatorship of General Flavio Chavez. The ZDA is trying to re-establish order in the nation and want to make Zodokin a Democracy, but diffused corruption and other serious flaws undermine the attempts

- The Zodokinian People's Front: the most far-left Faction, the ZPF wants to make Zodokin into a Communist state like Cuba, it will receive mainly support from Cuba and Venezuela

- The National Protection Army : the most far-right Faction, the NPA wants to make Zodokin into a nationalist dictatorship pursuing non-alliged policy and Anti-Americanism

- The Military or the National Junta: The Military, still powerhungry and preoccupied of the extremists in Power, and retaining the ZDA a puppet of the USA, will launch a coup against the ZDA and create the Zodoki National Junta

- Zodoki Democratic Alliance: a big coalition between many people Who want the nation to change the nation seriously, they are formed from people of all ideologies and will fight every other faction to obtain the Power

- Cartels (maybe ) : the power vacuum left the Cartels free to seize power in some regions of the nation, creating narcostates and causing chaos and violence, they aren't and official Faction of the conflict but i wanted to include them

Alright looks like we have a good basis for a setting here, these seem quite well thought through. If the trigger for this is a coup, what causes it? Does it have popular backing?
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Zodokin
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zodokin » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:53 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Zodokin wrote:

Tech level Is MT

The Air Force count on 9 500 members, it operates with 25 Fighters, divided between Panavia Tornado, Mirage Dassault, F 14, some Eurofighter Typhoon will arrive in 2024. Other planes are 6 planes with special assignments, destinated to the the recon and the electronic warfare, at least 23 transport Planes, 32 Training Planes

Alright looks like we have a good basis for a setting here, these seem quite well thought through. If the trigger for this is a coup, what causes it? Does it have popular backing?

The Military, even if redimensioned and depoliticised, its powerhungry and is a force to be reckoned with, seeing the ZDA failing to accomplish its promises and seeing that extremists are growing in numbers, a crescent paranoia of the extremists taking Power is infecting the High staff of the Armed Forces. The trigger event will be the accords between the ZDA and the ZPF and the Zodoki Nationalist Party, later reorganized in the NPA, to form a coalition government. This make the Military go Nuts and a some hours later the troops under the command of General José Huerta enters in Vuepa and occupy the Governative Buildings, arresting Cuaves and taking Power, initially the coup Is supported by a large part of the population, but after the First days the country collapses into Mass violence and the Civil War starts
Republic of Zodokin

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:56 pm

Zodokin wrote:
Crysuko wrote:Alright looks like we have a good basis for a setting here, these seem quite well thought through. If the trigger for this is a coup, what causes it? Does it have popular backing?

The Military, even if redimensioned and depoliticised, its powerhungry and is a force to be reckoned with, seeing the ZDA failing to accomplish its promises and seeing that extremists are growing in numbers, a crescent paranoia of the extremists taking Power is infecting the High staff of the Armed Forces. The trigger event will be the accords between the ZDA and the ZPF and the Zodoki Nationalist Party, later reorganized in the NPA, to form a coalition government. This make the Military go Nuts and a some hours later the troops under the command of General José Huerta enters in Vuepa and occupy the Governative Buildings, arresting Cuaves and taking Power, initially the coup Is supported by a large part of the population, but after the First days the country collapses into Mass violence and the Civil War starts

This sounds roughly like what sparked the civil war in Spain, so an interesting historical parallel. If you have a good map for your nation we could move on to more specific plot points.
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Zodokin
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zodokin » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:04 am

Crysuko wrote:
Zodokin wrote:

This sounds roughly like what sparked the civil war in Spain, so an interesting historical parallel. If you have a good map for your nation we could move on to more specific plot points.

I have an Hand-Drawn Version of it
Republic of Zodokin

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:14 am

Zodokin wrote:
Crysuko wrote:This sounds roughly like what sparked the civil war in Spain, so an interesting historical parallel. If you have a good map for your nation we could move on to more specific plot points.

That should do
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Zodokin
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zodokin » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:49 am

Crysuko wrote:
Zodokin wrote:

That should do

https://imgur.com/fhZMm1o this is the map
Republic of Zodokin

Zodokin
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zodokin » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:00 am

I did the Map, other advices?
Republic of Zodokin

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gonswanza » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:07 am

Zodokin wrote:I did the Map, other advices?

You can use paint.net to draw up who owns what territory without having to screw around with pencils and highlighters or markers.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Weltkria
Envoy

Founded: Dec 02, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Weltkria » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:45 pm

Gonswanza wrote:
New Master wrote:I see what y'all are talking here and I will say some stuff why I absolutely love the FT community.

3-Sci-Fi is based
6-Plasma>Laser

And here is why I dislike FT-

1. Nothin' but wank. When everyone is OP, nobody is. Until someone new joins, then they are rendered "weak and irrelevant".

2. Niche. Hilariously despite being so open and limitless, it ends up becoming weirdly niche since most people would rather inflate their egos over bothering to poke at a new universe in a harmless, exploratory context, unless they can completely snuff out any semblance of story and struggle to feed their god complex.

3. Fun in the mundane. Yea, it sounds boring, but it's not... 1:1 reality either. Have some fun! Toy with some odd ideas!

4. Poor writing. This is a common trope. Because nobody cares for quality when they have an arsenal of "I WIN" buttons at their disposal, especially in all tech RPs where they just show up, wave around their doomsday devices, use them, and then walk off with an immediate victory all satisfied while the OP (and everyone else) regrets ever dealing with them.

I'm sorry, bro, but there's two sides to every coin.

i mean, you have the hyperclosed off fft and hard ft communities, and some pretty good ft writers on site

it's just those threads happen every eight eternities
average kruschevite hellhole that somehow accessed a infinite money cheat

WHAT IS THE "ECONOMY"! THE "ECONOMY" AND "GDP" IS OBVIOUSLY A ARDENIAN CONSPIRACY TO OPPRESS THE FREE WELTKRIAN WORKER

Hard Sci-Fi nation. RPs MT, late PMT and early FT.
Insanity scale: Belka/10
Offsite Worldbuilding
Hard FT cylinder of death, doom, destruction and lollipops.
"It's PMT, but with a bottomless budget.
Nothing FT about physics." - Mayfly Men

Socalist Republic Of Mercenaries
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Socalist Republic Of Mercenaries » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:19 pm

Weltkria wrote:every eight eternities

Correction, every 4 Half Life 3 releases
Karl von Larenz invited to Moscow to see Destroyed M1A1 Abrams “Only one Abrams? You should come visit one of our scrapyards next time, you’d be surprised.” He remarks. | Man killed in his sleep by a falling 2012 GMC Terrain - “We actually don’t know where it came from.” Claim local authorities.|  | American tourist dressed as "Skibidi Toilet" arrested in Beisinghausen airport for illegal posession of Cannabis

Want Cheap Equipment? Visit Karl's Warehouse!
A bunch of space mercs in a confederation Authoritarian oligarchy led by Karl von Larenz
Member of KTO, Founder of FWC

Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Socalist Republic Of Mercenaries » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:48 am

I was wondering if anyone wants to participate in a West Russian War esque scenario that is currently transpiring from the Second Pacific War
Karl von Larenz invited to Moscow to see Destroyed M1A1 Abrams “Only one Abrams? You should come visit one of our scrapyards next time, you’d be surprised.” He remarks. | Man killed in his sleep by a falling 2012 GMC Terrain - “We actually don’t know where it came from.” Claim local authorities.|  | American tourist dressed as "Skibidi Toilet" arrested in Beisinghausen airport for illegal posession of Cannabis

A bunch of space mercs in a confederation Authoritarian oligarchy led by Karl von Larenz

Galmat
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galmat » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:09 am

This is a general idea I have for a FanT/ PT worldbuilding/ roleplay project that spans many different eras and ages. I think I need some help improving the idea and polishing the system, but I want to see if there is interest as well as some suggestions.

I have had this idea for a for quite some time, after playing many of my favorite RPG and TTRPG games (think D&D, CK3, Skyrim, those sort of games), about creating a unique and interesting fictional world. Alas, I have attempted to take a stab at my dream of having an epic and great idea of a fantasy world coming to life, but it's not as easy as it looks! Recently, I came across a video, ( known as Project Inkunzi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLXxk7ZsrDM)) and it got me thinking "What if I were to make my own world like this, but have it lean more into fantasy?" After some planning and some thought, I came up with a rough sketch of an online roleplay for a fictional world. I have some rules written down as well as basic ideas and concepts, although some things are due to change. A short description and list of rules are listed below. (I am open to any suggestions or tips, I have never created a game, let alone an RPG-based fantasy world, everything is subject to change.)

First here's some scaling and pacing. I plan to start in the primitive era, where early forms of different species and races have begun to evolve into sentient intelligent beings. Think the Neothlic era, tribes are beginning to form, as the world began to settle down, domesticate animals, and farm. I'm not sure about how IG time will translate to IRL time, although I do think that the primitive era will be short, and will give enough time for people to sign in, join, and begin things. Next is the ancient era, a combination of the Bronze and Iron eras, which will be one of the longer eras, with the creation of the first civilizations, the first written languages, and the first major wars. I also think a medieval era would come after, and possibly a Victorian era afterward, although I am not sure if this would ever leave the ancient era.

To begin, I plan to have a map of a randomly generated world, with biomes and basic geography shown. The map will be separated by a grid, and players can choose what grid they would like to settle in. In the primitive era, players would just create a tribe and fill out a basic template of the tribe. However, in later eras, players may play as powerful individuals, who may not rule their own nations but are still influential nevertheless (an explorer, a general, a religious leader, etc). There will obviously be cultures, religions, and even different languages added over time, and these may evolve and change through interactions

I plan there to be randomized tables and events, which will happen ever so often, to make things interesting and to keep gameplay going. This may include plagues, natural disasters, and magical events. Things will also be determined by dice rolls (online dice).

I plan for the RP to be some FanT along with PT, while I did like the Izakzi project, I think it would have been more interesting if there were more fantasy elements and more magic involved ( a hard magic system would need to be created). Fantasy races will be allowed, and even player-created races, so long as the race is balanced and not too OP.
No labels to True Liberation!
"There are worse things in life than kissing boys." — Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Judas said to him, "I know who you are and where you've come from. You've come from the immortal realm of Barbelo" (The Gospel Of Judas)
I'm your friendly neighborhood Gnostic!

-Kowani
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 13, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby -Kowani » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:39 pm

Cowgirl Amazonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 17, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Cowgirl Amazonia » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:27 pm

Galmat wrote:This is a general idea I have for a FanT/ PT worldbuilding/ roleplay project that spans many different eras and ages. I think I need some help improving the idea and polishing the system, but I want to see if there is interest as well as some suggestions.

I have had this idea for a for quite some time, after playing many of my favorite RPG and TTRPG games (think D&D, CK3, Skyrim, those sort of games), about creating a unique and interesting fictional world. Alas, I have attempted to take a stab at my dream of having an epic and great idea of a fantasy world coming to life, but it's not as easy as it looks! Recently, I came across a video, ( known as Project Inkunzi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLXxk7ZsrDM)) and it got me thinking "What if I were to make my own world like this, but have it lean more into fantasy?" After some planning and some thought, I came up with a rough sketch of an online roleplay for a fictional world. I have some rules written down as well as basic ideas and concepts, although some things are due to change. A short description and list of rules are listed below. (I am open to any suggestions or tips, I have never created a game, let alone an RPG-based fantasy world, everything is subject to change.)

First here's some scaling and pacing. I plan to start in the primitive era, where early forms of different species and races have begun to evolve into sentient intelligent beings. Think the Neothlic era, tribes are beginning to form, as the world began to settle down, domesticate animals, and farm. I'm not sure about how IG time will translate to IRL time, although I do think that the primitive era will be short, and will give enough time for people to sign in, join, and begin things. Next is the ancient era, a combination of the Bronze and Iron eras, which will be one of the longer eras, with the creation of the first civilizations, the first written languages, and the first major wars. I also think a medieval era would come after, and possibly a Victorian era afterward, although I am not sure if this would ever leave the ancient era.

To begin, I plan to have a map of a randomly generated world, with biomes and basic geography shown. The map will be separated by a grid, and players can choose what grid they would like to settle in. In the primitive era, players would just create a tribe and fill out a basic template of the tribe. However, in later eras, players may play as powerful individuals, who may not rule their own nations but are still influential nevertheless (an explorer, a general, a religious leader, etc). There will obviously be cultures, religions, and even different languages added over time, and these may evolve and change through interactions

I plan there to be randomized tables and events, which will happen ever so often, to make things interesting and to keep gameplay going. This may include plagues, natural disasters, and magical events. Things will also be determined by dice rolls (online dice).

I plan for the RP to be some FanT along with PT, while I did like the Izakzi project, I think it would have been more interesting if there were more fantasy elements and more magic involved ( a hard magic system would need to be created). Fantasy races will be allowed, and even player-created races, so long as the race is balanced and not too OP.

I would love an rp that spans eras, those are so rare in my opinion.

Gorkan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorkan » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=541785&p=41039075#p41039075

I finally did all of the research points for my civil war, i hope you join and have fun

Vandellia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandellia » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 pm

I've been turning over this idea in my head for a while, inspired by the anime GATE and novels like the 1632 and Nantucket series.

Quick Summary/Pitch:

Vandellia is a settler colony (similar to the IRL Thirteen Colonies of North America) engaged in an expansionist war with elves known as the Ura, the native inhabitants of the land where it was founded (again, similar to colonial wars against Native Americans IRL).

Suddenly, a group of soldiers from an MT nation, out on maneuvers, accidentally passes through a gateway from their world to the world of Vandellia. They arrive just as a colonial army begins to burn an Ura village and massacre its inhabitants. How will these new arrivals respond to being thrown into a world very different from the one they know, and how will the future of Vandellia be changed?

My general vision for the RP is a character-focused story, as the modern-time arrivals help the Ura elves resist the colonists, and possibly get drawn into helping Vandellia have its own revolution for independence. To make things slightly less imbalanced, the laws of physics are different in the two worlds - nothing that requires electricity to function will work on the Vandellia side of the gateway.

I'd welcome interest or ideas, either here or via TGs to Mareyland, my main account.

The Salvation Institute
Civilian

Founded: Oct 19, 2023
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Salvation Institute » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:12 pm

Vandellia wrote:I've been turning over this idea in my head for a while, inspired by the anime GATE and novels like the 1632 and Nantucket series.

Quick Summary/Pitch:

Vandellia is a settler colony (similar to the IRL Thirteen Colonies of North America) engaged in an expansionist war with elves known as the Ura, the native inhabitants of the land where it was founded (again, similar to colonial wars against Native Americans IRL).

Suddenly, a group of soldiers from an MT nation, out on maneuvers, accidentally passes through a gateway from their world to the world of Vandellia. They arrive just as a colonial army begins to burn an Ura village and massacre its inhabitants. How will these new arrivals respond to being thrown into a world very different from the one they know, and how will the future of Vandellia be changed?

My general vision for the RP is a character-focused story, as the modern-time arrivals help the Ura elves resist the colonists, and possibly get drawn into helping Vandellia have its own revolution for independence. To make things slightly less imbalanced, the laws of physics are different in the two worlds - nothing that requires electricity to function will work on the Vandellia side of the gateway.

I'd welcome interest or ideas, either here or via TGs to Mareyland, my main account.

I think I'd be interested in this, I have some more to write about Factbook wise but I do think it's a pretty interesting idea. One question though, how would you feel about allowing for nations who also have FanT elements? This nation (the one I plan to use) will have some magic and the like and I was wondering if you wanted it to be purely MT nations joining in of if you would be okay with a wider scope?
Last edited by The Salvation Institute on Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Socalist Republic Of Mercenaries » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:19 pm

I want to find some PT RPs to RP with my nation in in but I have found none. Any ideas?

Mubata
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mubata » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:16 pm

Socalist Republic Of Mercenaries wrote:I want to find some PT RPs to RP with my nation in in but I have found none. Any ideas?

Make your own. Put up an OOC thread to interest others and plan something out.

PT is hard because 1. you can't use every cool gun, tank, and plane, if they don't exist yet. Not every player is well versed on different eras of tech, and that they may have to put in some research on how things were done back in a certain time. Not just militarily, but every day life.

And...
2. Everyone wants it to fit into their nation's canon, but it's tough to make that work with multiple players

Usca
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Usca » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:48 pm

I've been thinking about doing a thread about a zombie outbreak and letting nations deal with the virus in their own ways. It would be MT and I'm still thinking about who would control zombie moves, leaning towards me, but I don't know if that would be a halloween only type thing, if anyone would be interested, or how to make a thread

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents