NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads


User avatar
Diahon
Senator
 
Posts: 4235
Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Diahon » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:07 pm

JHVH 1 wrote:If anyone needs a heel/villain for a current RP I will fill the role as long as I can use my nationstate. Just give me the level of evil you want from fluff to cruel and I'll give you my best. I have no issue with being killed off or defeated either, just let me know how you want the story to go.


Check your TGs.

User avatar
Mirum
Envoy
 
Posts: 215
Founded: May 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

RP Idea

Postby Mirum » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Gauging interest for a possible RP here. The theme is an interdimensional (meaning all tech*, fantasy, and non-fantasy) war where I create a big powerful faction (The only FFT Faction in the RP) that wants to conquer/destroy as many realms as possible (or if someone has a similar nation and wants to control it, that is fine for me) while the other nations either band together to ward off this threat or join it in an attempt to hopefully save their nation. Again, this is a very WIP idea here, suitable for refinement, and I am just gauging interest at this point. If there are any active ones that I am unaware about, I had no idea and was not trying to steal your idea.

*Within reason. No Bronze-Age-Pre-MT sort of thing, as said nation would probably be decimated within seconds. I would also recommend against too many FFT nations, as that would unbalance things very fast.
Home Page - Embassy Program - Q&A - News - Airport

Current RPs:
An Interdimentional Incident (All Tech)
Puppets:
Mountainus - Drecha
This Is Now My New Main Nation.
A MT and Fantasy Nation.
This Nation Does Not Represent My Views.
NS Stats Null-And-Void. What Else Did You Expect?
I Have No Idea Why I Am Capitalizing Every Line in My Sig
No, This Nation Is Not Based Off The UK.


Pro: Fuzzy blankets, coffee, books, Role Play Games (NS, D&D), strategy games, dogs and cats, relaxing music, Dark Theme
Anti: Itchy blankets, decaf coffee, books with bad plots, card games, allergies, Monday mornings, Light Mode

User avatar
Neu Engollon
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6854
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Mirum wrote:Gauging interest for a possible RP here. The theme is an interdimensional (meaning all tech*, fantasy, and non-fantasy) war where I create a big powerful faction (The only FFT Faction in the RP) that wants to conquer/destroy as many realms as possible (or if someone has a similar nation and wants to control it, that is fine for me) while the other nations either band together to ward off this threat or join it in an attempt to hopefully save their nation. Again, this is a very WIP idea here, suitable for refinement, and I am just gauging interest at this point. If there are any active ones that I am unaware about, I had no idea and was not trying to steal your idea.

*Within reason. No Bronze-Age-Pre-MT sort of thing, as said nation would probably be decimated within seconds. I would also recommend against too many FFT nations, as that would unbalance things very fast.


Would I be able to participate as a band of little people who travel through time and rob everyone they meet. Then they adopt a little boy who, at the end of the RP, yells at his parents pulling a thick coal looking chunk of matter from their microwave: "Mum, Dad, Don't touch it! It's pure evil!"
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N&I Mentor - TG me for help.
Please check my Factbook for answers, TG me for everything else.
Important Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
Mirum
Envoy
 
Posts: 215
Founded: May 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mirum » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:Would I be able to participate as a band of little people who travel through time and rob everyone they meet. Then they adopt a little boy who, at the end of the RP, yells at his parents pulling a thick coal looking chunk of matter from their microwave: "Mum, Dad, Don't touch it! It's pure evil!"

Is that a Time Bandits reference? I haven't watched the movie, but I've heard about it from friends. And I'd have to say no (if you really meant that question) as the plan is for a nation RP. Sorry. Clever reference though.
Home Page - Embassy Program - Q&A - News - Airport

Current RPs:
An Interdimentional Incident (All Tech)
Puppets:
Mountainus - Drecha
This Is Now My New Main Nation.
A MT and Fantasy Nation.
This Nation Does Not Represent My Views.
NS Stats Null-And-Void. What Else Did You Expect?
I Have No Idea Why I Am Capitalizing Every Line in My Sig
No, This Nation Is Not Based Off The UK.


Pro: Fuzzy blankets, coffee, books, Role Play Games (NS, D&D), strategy games, dogs and cats, relaxing music, Dark Theme
Anti: Itchy blankets, decaf coffee, books with bad plots, card games, allergies, Monday mornings, Light Mode

User avatar
Neu Engollon
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6854
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Mirum wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:Would I be able to participate as a band of little people who travel through time and rob everyone they meet. Then they adopt a little boy who, at the end of the RP, yells at his parents pulling a thick coal looking chunk of matter from their microwave: "Mum, Dad, Don't touch it! It's pure evil!"

Is that a Time Bandits reference? I haven't watched the movie, but I've heard about it from friends. And I'd have to say no (if you really meant that question) as the plan is for a nation RP. Sorry. Clever reference though.


Yes, it's a Time Bandits reference. One of my top 10 favorites.
Your description is a little vague, but seems to have left the door open for people to contribute fabulous historical character RP. As a nation based RP, I think it won't gain as much traction, but I hope I'm wrong. It sounds interesting, and it does sound very close to a Time Bandits like plot.
To be fully honest, I don't have the time to commit to more RPs, but I wish you the best of luck in getting it rolling.


Also, watch Time Bandits. It will change your life and your creative inspiration.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N&I Mentor - TG me for help.
Please check my Factbook for answers, TG me for everything else.
Important Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Senator
 
Posts: 4153
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:42 am

Mirum wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:Would I be able to participate as a band of little people who travel through time and rob everyone they meet. Then they adopt a little boy who, at the end of the RP, yells at his parents pulling a thick coal looking chunk of matter from their microwave: "Mum, Dad, Don't touch it! It's pure evil!"

Is that a Time Bandits reference? I haven't watched the movie, but I've heard about it from friends. And I'd have to say no (if you really meant that question) as the plan is for a nation RP. Sorry. Clever reference though.


Is the idea character based?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)

Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon.

Happy National Day!


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
Shwe Tu Colony
Senator
 
Posts: 4681
Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:21 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Yes, it's a Time Bandits reference. One of my top 10 favorites.
Your description is a little vague, but seems to have left the door open for people to contribute fabulous historical character RP. As a nation based RP, I think it won't gain as much traction, but I hope I'm wrong. It sounds interesting, and it does sound very close to a Time Bandits like plot.
To be fully honest, I don't have the time to commit to more RPs, but I wish you the best of luck in getting it rolling.


Also, watch Time Bandits. It will change your life and your creative inspiration.


The description seems like it could go either character or nation, considering "big powerful faction" and "as many realms as possible." Personally speaking, I always prioritize writing my content as character-based since my nations have relatively low or undeveloped national development, but regardless, this roleplay seems like it has a threat necessitating national quantities of people to be deployed.
Anyway, I've been monitoring this conversation since posting, and I do have some interest, but I'm cautious because I don't particularly want my nation and by extension its world, World Machine, to be gravely influenced, considering the minimal expectation is conquest. I've not much hope that it will be a free sort of conquest, but I also don't think my civs ICly would be willing to aid in multiversal destruction/expansion — not that it'd be at all easy to... violently persuade them, considering the game-like mechanics, hundreds of related civilizations of varying tech levels from across the multiverse, and extensive "militarization" at play (which is mainly because of the concept of Random Encounters), but still. That said, there is precedent for a roleplay of this caliber, which I may have found because of Neu Engollon here, but it's been long dead.

And if Engollon is curious, I don't think Olwe and I have ever conversed, despite what I said in ABV. Kind of unfortunate considering how quiet the non-regional fantasy tech community here is, would have been good to get in his roleplay for at least a bit, but maybe I just haven't checked the right places.
Last edited by Shwe Tu Colony on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WorMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: Modernization in progress
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

User avatar
Neu Engollon
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6854
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:28 am

Shwe Tu Colony wrote:And if Engollon is curious, I don't think Olwe and I have ever conversed, despite what I said in ABV. Kind of unfortunate considering how quiet the non-regional fantasy tech community here is, would have been good to get in his roleplay for at least a bit, but maybe I just haven't checked the right places.


Ah Olwe! I do miss him. Great guy. He does come back from time to time and maybe will reboot one of the tech-clash RPs he was famous for.

I'm supposed to sell his beer Reiff, if I can ever get Terembev fully off the ground.
N&I Mentor - TG me for help.
Please check my Factbook for answers, TG me for everything else.
Important Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
Mirum
Envoy
 
Posts: 215
Founded: May 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mirum » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:22 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Mirum wrote:Is that a Time Bandits reference? I haven't watched the movie, but I've heard about it from friends. And I'd have to say no (if you really meant that question) as the plan is for a nation RP. Sorry. Clever reference though.


Is the idea character based?

No, it will be nation based, but you could have it so that your posts follow the story of a few characters in your nation and how they deal with the event, as long as there is a bit of description of what happens with the nation as a whole in the post as well. In short, you can have the posts viewed through eyes of certain characters in YN, but you should include a bit of story of what happens to the nation as a whole in there too. If that description makes no sense, please let me know, and I will edit this post and try again.

Putting up the main page for sign-ups of the RP now.
Last edited by Mirum on Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home Page - Embassy Program - Q&A - News - Airport

Current RPs:
An Interdimentional Incident (All Tech)
Puppets:
Mountainus - Drecha
This Is Now My New Main Nation.
A MT and Fantasy Nation.
This Nation Does Not Represent My Views.
NS Stats Null-And-Void. What Else Did You Expect?
I Have No Idea Why I Am Capitalizing Every Line in My Sig
No, This Nation Is Not Based Off The UK.


Pro: Fuzzy blankets, coffee, books, Role Play Games (NS, D&D), strategy games, dogs and cats, relaxing music, Dark Theme
Anti: Itchy blankets, decaf coffee, books with bad plots, card games, allergies, Monday mornings, Light Mode

User avatar
South Americanastan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1750
Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Americanastan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:59 pm

Interest Gauging in 3... 2... 1...

So I've been spitballing the idea of an Insurgency in the Trans-Adirondack region for a while now, and I just got around to making a draft OP. Before I spend a couple of hours jury-rigging an OP out of some loose headcanon and a few pictures, I want to figure out if anyone's interested.

THE IDEA:

An MT Political RP set in the Trans-Adirondack region of South Americanastan, where, due to the natural barrier of the Adirondack mountains, laws are hard to enforce. In the western part of the Trans-Adirondack, a post-independence reunificationist (And later separatist) group begins to perform terrorist attacks, with two happening in Syracuse and Ithaca. Meanwhile, in the eastern part of the Trans-Adirondack region, two organized crime families turn Albany into a warzone. Nations are given the choice of whether to support the government and it's aligned militia, or the Separatist group and one of the two crime families.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid"
Co-Founder of SETZA, Member of ICDN
My Embassy Program
NS Stats must die!
This nation is a caricature of my views (mostly, anyway)
North Sonovia wrote:
Cereskia wrote:Bill accidentaly ate it and dies

I was about to say "manpreg happens" but you just saved this thread from a cursed comment from being made.

Carthatska wrote:Man forgets to drive and launches himself off the highway, trailing excrement while screaming 'YOLO’
New man.

HOME OF THE BEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE GREY WARDENS

User avatar
Moscareinas
Diplomat
 
Posts: 870
Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Moscareinas » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:56 pm

Looking for anyone interested in a RL-based pirate-hunting RP, set to PT. In brief, I'm riffing off the real-life worldwide hunt for Henry Every and his crew after the raiding and sacking of the Mughal vessel the Ganj-i-Sawai in 1695, after the Brits made their capture profitable with a handsome bounty for the time (£1000, if I'm not mistaken)

As Every's fate after the sacking is ultimately unknown after he and his crew made off with their loot, with tales taking him to a pauper's death in England, a rich man's death in the Caribbean, or even a pirate republic in what is now northern Madagascar, it should (if anyone at all is interested) be interesting enough to write an RP on, especially as this particular nation's based on the RL nations and territories of the British Indian Ocean Territory, Mayotte, Mauritius, Seychelles, and the Comoros.

Would be extra fun if nations based in south Asia, east Africa, or the insular Indian Ocean would join in with their own ships. In any case, if anyone's interested, drop by with a telegram or a post here.
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Moscans are torn about Madagascar.

(Yes, I'm Dahon. Please.)

User avatar
Neu Engollon
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6854
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:30 am

Moscareinas wrote:Looking for anyone interested in a RL-based pirate-hunting RP, set to PT. In brief, I'm riffing off the real-life worldwide hunt for Henry Every and his crew after the raiding and sacking of the Mughal vessel the Ganj-i-Sawai in 1695, after the Brits made their capture profitable with a handsome bounty for the time (£1000, if I'm not mistaken)

As Every's fate after the sacking is ultimately unknown after he and his crew made off with their loot, with tales taking him to a pauper's death in England, a rich man's death in the Caribbean, or even a pirate republic in what is now northern Madagascar, it should (if anyone at all is interested) be interesting enough to write an RP on, especially as this particular nation's based on the RL nations and territories of the British Indian Ocean Territory, Mayotte, Mauritius, Seychelles, and the Comoros.

Would be extra fun if nations based in south Asia, east Africa, or the insular Indian Ocean would join in with their own ships. In any case, if anyone's interested, drop by with a telegram or a post here.


That sounds really interesting if I had the time. I think you have a solid base there to make an OP for a separate interest thread. I would suggest giving clearer definition to what you expect of the antagonists that would be chasing the not-Henry Every. Do the pirates need to attack their ships or ports first? Also, maybe making clear if someone can play a pirate on the pirate captain's ship and what kind of character bio you would expect from them, if so. Can't wait to read the final IC thread.
N&I Mentor - TG me for help.
Please check my Factbook for answers, TG me for everything else.
Important Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
Diahon
Senator
 
Posts: 4235
Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Diahon » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:53 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Moscareinas wrote:Looking for anyone interested in a RL-based pirate-hunting RP, set to PT. In brief, I'm riffing off the real-life worldwide hunt for Henry Every and his crew after the raiding and sacking of the Mughal vessel the Ganj-i-Sawai in 1695, after the Brits made their capture profitable with a handsome bounty for the time (£1000, if I'm not mistaken)

As Every's fate after the sacking is ultimately unknown after he and his crew made off with their loot, with tales taking him to a pauper's death in England, a rich man's death in the Caribbean, or even a pirate republic in what is now northern Madagascar, it should (if anyone at all is interested) be interesting enough to write an RP on, especially as this particular nation's based on the RL nations and territories of the British Indian Ocean Territory, Mayotte, Mauritius, Seychelles, and the Comoros.

Would be extra fun if nations based in south Asia, east Africa, or the insular Indian Ocean would join in with their own ships. In any case, if anyone's interested, drop by with a telegram or a post here.


That sounds really interesting if I had the time. I think you have a solid base there to make an OP for a separate interest thread. I would suggest giving clearer definition to what you expect of the antagonists that would be chasing the not-Henry Every. Do the pirates need to attack their ships or ports first? Also, maybe making clear if someone can play a pirate on the pirate captain's ship and what kind of character bio you would expect from them, if so. Can't wait to read the final IC thread.


Moscareinas here. Hmmm.

Actually, I haven't given thought to that. I was just gonna have pirates, privateers, and regular fleets chasing after Every for the bounty and the loot, while having a scenic trip through the Indian Ocean on the side, but given that this is my nation people'll be playing at, and at a time when the different islands aren't only colonial possessions, but colonial possessions that constantly exchange masters (and place names, because lol)...

... well, I did have a writeup on the Comoros being seized and its inhabitants put to the sword by the Spanish in 1699 for a factbook, but the more I looked into it (and there's more to it, as that would've eventually put the islands under Moscan control a century later), the more it seemed to me to be way too anachronistic a take, so I put that one off. Maybe I'll give that a spin again, only with pirates/privateers/whatever doing the sacking?
Last edited by Diahon on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Minister
 
Posts: 2753
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Man.... I haven't had a good war of attrition in a while...
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Corprate warfare simulator 2087: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=502253
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
Gonswanza
Diplomat
 
Posts: 804
Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Wargames

Postby Gonswanza » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:51 am

So I've tossed this idea around before on discord, but I've decided to bring it to the table here since there was a sheer lack of input over there. Wargames! As in, a "simulated" war that doesn't actually occur, beyond idle chatter over maps and moving around figures on paper. A "simulation" of a limited conflict where nuclear attacks are barred beyond extreme situations and WMDs are pushed aside unless internal approval is given, at the expense of international scrutiny from outside sources willing to offer their word on the (simulated) conflict. Alas, diplomacy is also possible, but may result in a "rematch" especially if it's used to break a stalemate in place of a WMD (which could swing things either way based on deployment and its nature).

Effectively, it starts off as a simple declaration of war (granted, in the form of an invite to a wargame disclosed in the RP opening post) with a setup for the scenario. Nation 1 takes its turn, followed by nation 2. The two later go back and forth moving their pieces, setting up goals, and even offering some say in their region to try to draw in allies if possible. Eventually, one nation will win, overwhelming defenses and closing in on the other's capital. At THAT point it can be decided to either go the diplomatic route with a treaty or surrender... Or simply just grind the nation to dust. In the end, it's all good and fun with no actual consequences beyond mild scrutiny from the international community due to doctrine and/or the use of WMDs (nukes, gas, etc).
Praise our glorious president Laura Ortiz!

Amistad Declaration signatory! Down with slavery!

[GNN] The ball is here! /// Transcript of the Horsemen Interviews released. /// AI attempts to butcher Boarhound, succeeds in spite of low-quality cuts /// Christmas tree set up in lunar base, decorated with custom 3D printed ornaments /// Three-wheeled concept car flops, for obvious reasons

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Senator
 
Posts: 4153
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:20 am

So, in a way, the top brass of our militaries would be in a LAN party playing a videogame?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)

Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon.

Happy National Day!


Save yourselves from yourselves.

User avatar
Gonswanza
Diplomat
 
Posts: 804
Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gonswanza » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:51 am

A m e n r i a wrote:So, in a way, the top brass of our militaries would be in a LAN party playing a videogame?

More or less, yea. No real losses, but again the international community is invited to observe the goings-on and offer mild input, further encouraging interaction between countries... So in a way, yea, it's a LAN party between generals and leaders (by extent), but the neighbors can also watch too as part of the peanut gallery.
Praise our glorious president Laura Ortiz!

Amistad Declaration signatory! Down with slavery!

[GNN] The ball is here! /// Transcript of the Horsemen Interviews released. /// AI attempts to butcher Boarhound, succeeds in spite of low-quality cuts /// Christmas tree set up in lunar base, decorated with custom 3D printed ornaments /// Three-wheeled concept car flops, for obvious reasons

User avatar
Vernon Bluff
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vernon Bluff » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:30 pm

Would anyone be down for a Gulf War type of conflict against Vernon Bluff? I am hoping it could be a great multi national coalition against the country to dispel the tyrannical "president" William Ngunda from office and restore democracy to the poor nation.

The basic story is that William Ngunda has been president for 10 years and an election in 2021 had his opposition win. Ngunda refuses to give up power arresting the opposition and declaring himself president for life. Loyalist are then quick to crack down on any riots and disappearances of critics start to rise rapidly. This is where everyone else comes in and a coalition of nations forms to restore peace in Vernon Bluff. However, Ngunda and his faithful are not deterred and an invasion commences. I fully expect to be crushed and suffer heavy casualties but I think it would be great time to gather a bunch of other nations and interact with each other. This would be completely open to everyone and regional coalitions are more than welcome to join. While it could get messy post wise I think the ole International Incidents forum could use a large player base RP open to everyone. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in this idea before I get to work on it? If you are just TG or post here for interest. I am also open to more ideas.
Last edited by Vernon Bluff on Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average nation doing nothing

User avatar
Gonswanza
Diplomat
 
Posts: 804
Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gonswanza » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:25 am

Vernon Bluff wrote:Would anyone be down for a Gulf War type of conflict against Vernon Bluff? I am hoping it could be a great multi national coalition against the country to dispel the tyrannical "president" William Ngunda from office and restore democracy to the poor nation.

The basic story is that William Ngunda has been president for 10 years and an election in 2021 had his opposition win. Ngunda refuses to give up power arresting the opposition and declaring himself president for life. Loyalist are then quick to crack down on any riots and disappearances of critics start to rise rapidly. This is where everyone else comes in and a coalition of nations forms to restore peace in Vernon Bluff. However, Ngunda and his faithful are not deterred and an invasion commences. I fully expect to be crushed and suffer heavy casualties but I think it would be great time to gather a bunch of other nations and interact with each other. This would be completely open to everyone and regional coalitions are more than welcome to join. While it could get messy post wise I think the ole International Incidents forum could use a large player base RP open to everyone. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in this idea before I get to work on it? If you are just TG or post here for interest. I am also open to more ideas.

I'm up for it, though I'd be that one country to just toss cheap disposable forces at the country and attempt to arm friendly rebel forces to try to start up an insurgency to aid the coalition, or eventually resort to putting actual boots on the ground once enough damage has been done (assuming I don't run out of drones first).
Praise our glorious president Laura Ortiz!

Amistad Declaration signatory! Down with slavery!

[GNN] The ball is here! /// Transcript of the Horsemen Interviews released. /// AI attempts to butcher Boarhound, succeeds in spite of low-quality cuts /// Christmas tree set up in lunar base, decorated with custom 3D printed ornaments /// Three-wheeled concept car flops, for obvious reasons

User avatar
Reformed Medwedia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Aug 10, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Reformed Medwedia » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:02 pm

Gauging interest for a thriller RP that will slowly turn into a military and then into a political/country reorganization one.

For those who don't know Medwedia...it is a country in RL northern Russia with a Scandinavian-Slavic culture that is notorious for being a very, very totalitarian dictatorship that actually practices feudalism. The people in charge treat the country like their property, which basically is, by law, actually true.

So basically Theodor Lynden Frankenstein, the dictator serving as the President since 1992, is dead. As always in dictatorships and especially in Medwedia, this creates a power vacuum, as the Presidents so far failed to make power hereditary or bring back the monarchy.

There are four factions: First the Vice-President and de-facto regent since late 2020 who wants to consolidate his position and currently controls the majority of the armed forces.

Then two different branches of the Imperial family that does not reign anymore since 1908, both wanting to reintroduce the monarchy but also wanting eachother dead. They are both in exile, one based in Moscow and another one in the US and Canada. The first branch, which is to get the throne according to dynastic law, is based in Moscow and headed by a prince who is a friend of Putin and lives the life of a Russian oligarch. The second branch considers the first branch morganatic, but more importantly it is not as wealthy and very, very jealous.

And finally, the typical Western-backed liberal "democratic" people who want to turn Medwedia globohomo, earning a lot of money with "banned" videos about the "corruption" and "unbearable suffering". Medwedian farmers or serfs would rather keep Frankenstein than put these people in power but of course the international community supports the "struggle for freedom and democracy".

There are also minor factions, such as communists who want to have their turn at genocide and torturing people, a fanatic religious sect that believes that the current regime, which already is very, very sick, does not go far enough, and businessmen who want to turn Medwedia into a corporate colony. And of course provincial governors and warlords who are tired of having to listen to some bloke from the capital and want to have independence so that they can genocide, exploit and torture whoever they want without any interference from above. And then there is Norway, which is not too happy at Medwedia for taking away a chunk of it after WW2 (Finnmark, which was renamed Fjørdland and forcibly "Medwedianized") and Finland, whom Medwedia also owns some land.

The President died yesterday and not many people know this as this kind of news spreads rather slowly in dictatorships where the internet is banned for ordinary citizens. There will be a slow buildup in tensions and we will see when the full-out civil war, which is inevitable, will start, how long it will be and how it will end.

So here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=509472

Just hop in and start something, it may be a character or a newspaper report. When I write "Approved" you are in.

You can PM me to have a Medwedian character or faction assigned.
Last edited by Reformed Medwedia on Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gonswanza
Diplomat
 
Posts: 804
Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gonswanza » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:13 am

Mirum wrote:Gauging interest for a possible RP here. The theme is an interdimensional (meaning all tech*, fantasy, and non-fantasy) war where I create a big powerful faction (The only FFT Faction in the RP) that wants to conquer/destroy as many realms as possible (or if someone has a similar nation and wants to control it, that is fine for me) while the other nations either band together to ward off this threat or join it in an attempt to hopefully save their nation. Again, this is a very WIP idea here, suitable for refinement, and I am just gauging interest at this point. If there are any active ones that I am unaware about, I had no idea and was not trying to steal your idea.

*Within reason. No Bronze-Age-Pre-MT sort of thing, as said nation would probably be decimated within seconds. I would also recommend against too many FFT nations, as that would unbalance things very fast.


So... Multiverse conflict reboot? I suppose Im up for it while hastily scrambling to fill in military factbooks.

Nevermind. I saw the date posted. It IS that very incident.
Last edited by Gonswanza on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Praise our glorious president Laura Ortiz!

Amistad Declaration signatory! Down with slavery!

[GNN] The ball is here! /// Transcript of the Horsemen Interviews released. /// AI attempts to butcher Boarhound, succeeds in spite of low-quality cuts /// Christmas tree set up in lunar base, decorated with custom 3D printed ornaments /// Three-wheeled concept car flops, for obvious reasons

User avatar
-RP 20th Century-
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 14
Founded: May 06, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby -RP 20th Century- » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Just a shameless bit of advertising but started up a RP Earth set in 1907 that's looking to grow. Nations can be based on RL or entirely fictional. Just TG this account if you have any interest or questions.

User avatar
Diahon
Senator
 
Posts: 4235
Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Diahon » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:53 pm

-RP 20th Century- wrote:Just a shameless bit of advertising but started up a RP Earth set in 1907 that's looking to grow. Nations can be based on RL or entirely fictional. Just TG this account if you have any interest or questions.


I've always wanted to do PT RPs. I'll... drop a TG, I guess.

User avatar
Kurganista
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurganista » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:57 pm

Looking for a ongoing RP group, are there any like persistent earths about with a map and such?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Insaanistan

Advertisement

Remove ads