NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fin Dovah Junaar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fin Dovah Junaar » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:39 am

Delusija wrote:
Fin Dovah Junaar wrote:I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Gate-esque rolepay, potentially open to many people.

Tried twice before, but they never went anywhere due to lack of activity.

Could you elaborate more on the Gate-esque? I'm not familiar with the concept.

http://gate-thus-the-jsdf-fought-there. ... here!_Wiki

Gate is a Light Novel, Manga, Anime series where a Gate opens in Japan and a Medieval/Romanesque army comes through and attacks, the JSDF immediately counter attacks, etc.

The series is heavily debated on whether it is any good, or if the author wanks the JSDF, etc.

But everyone usually agrees the premise of the modern world interacting with a medieval fantasy one is an interesting idea.

And I like that as well, and I would love to RP that.
Please Refer to my Nation as Anor Ostrum
Factbook: IntroductionKingdomsMapThe Three PillarsPontiff Godwyne the WiseTriviaOOC Notes
The Eternal Kingdom of the Flame
"And so, it is that ash seekth embers, and renew the old accord, for all that has been, shall be once more."

Techs: Medieval (Slightly Mixed) - Dark Fantasy Nation - Ashes

Molotov Cluster
Secretary

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Molotov Cluster » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:50 pm

I was thinking of making a fallout based rp set about 50 years after the events of fallout 4.

All I've really got thought up is that the institute won, the main character is the leader of it now, anyone that was against them, including the BOS are destroyed, and the enclave are making a come back, slowly encroaching on the land.
Also all the missions and stuff in the game that wasn't anti institute has been done.

I was thinking a mix of faction and single player type rp.
People are still trying to survive in the wasteland but now they got bits and pieces of enclave here and there
to deal with on top of the institute.

Is this a good idea of an rp to be posted here?
Last edited by Molotov Cluster on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Molotov Cluster wrote:I was thinking of making a fallout based rp set about 50 years after the events of fallout 4.

All I've really got thought up is that the institute won, the main character is the leader of it now, anyone that was against them, including the BOS are destroyed, and the enclave are making a come back, slowly encroaching on the land.
Also all the missions and stuff in the game that wasn't anti institute has been done.

People are still trying to survive in the wasteland but now they got bits and pieces of enclave here and there

This is more appropriate for P2TM

Once there, then yeah; sounds like a great idea.

Fin Dovah Junaar wrote:http://gate-thus-the-jsdf-fought-there.wikia.com/wiki/Gate_-_Thus_the_JSDF_Fought_There!_Wiki

Gate is a Light Novel, Manga, Anime series where a Gate opens in Japan and a Medieval/Romanesque army comes through and attacks, the JSDF immediately counter attacks, etc.

The series is heavily debated on whether it is any good, or if the author wanks the JSDF, etc.

But everyone usually agrees the premise of the modern world interacting with a medieval fantasy one is an interesting idea.

This would also belong in P2TM
Last edited by Santheres on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Fin Dovah Junaar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fin Dovah Junaar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Santheres wrote:
Molotov Cluster wrote:I was thinking of making a fallout based rp set about 50 years after the events of fallout 4.

This is more appropriate for P2TM

Once there, then yeah; sounds like a great idea.

Fin Dovah Junaar wrote:http://gate-thus-the-jsdf-fought-there.wikia.com/wiki/Gate_-_Thus_the_JSDF_Fought_There!_Wiki

This would also belong in P2TM

No, it wouldn't
Edit: In other words, look at the context of the conversation.
Last edited by Fin Dovah Junaar on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Refer to my Nation as Anor Ostrum
Factbook: IntroductionKingdomsMapThe Three PillarsPontiff Godwyne the WiseTriviaOOC Notes
The Eternal Kingdom of the Flame
"And so, it is that ash seekth embers, and renew the old accord, for all that has been, shall be once more."

Techs: Medieval (Slightly Mixed) - Dark Fantasy Nation - Ashes

Hyrka
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyrka » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:24 am

Would anyone be up for doing an RP focused on a diplomatic meeting between Hyrka and their's?

I don't see many diplomatic RPs anymore, and was wondering if there was still anyone that really did them...If you are interested please shoot me a TG, or we discuss it here.

Fairly open to idea, whether it is more of a 'ball' style RP or a more formal meeting.
Criska's Puppet

PT-MT Nation primarily. Imperialistic, Militarist, and Aggressive nation, following a Goddess of War and having an incredibly loyal populace.

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:45 am

Hyrka wrote:Would anyone be up for doing an RP focused on a diplomatic meeting between Hyrka and their's?

I don't see many diplomatic RPs anymore, and was wondering if there was still anyone that really did them...If you are interested please shoot me a TG, or we discuss it here.

Fairly open to idea, whether it is more of a 'ball' style RP or a more formal meeting.

I'd be open to that idea
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Hyrka wrote:Would anyone be up for doing an RP focused on a diplomatic meeting between Hyrka and their's?

i'd do it, sure
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:19 am

I'm interested, in fact I'm already involved in a similar kind of Rp. Don't have an opinion on the whole formal / ball thing.
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:58 pm

Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Flohental
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Prequel

Postby Flohental » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:49 am

Is anyone interested in a 1970s RP? I am trying to do one with my nation about the a fascist regime trying to adapt to the fact that the aging dictator will soon die and leave a power gap. Other nations would get involved both publicly and covertly. (ie: spies)

Real world inspiration could come from cold war politics, but also more recent events where nations have sought to bring about or prevent regime change short of full scale invasion.

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:08 am

Flohental wrote:Is anyone interested in a 1970s RP? I am trying to do one with my nation about the a fascist regime trying to adapt to the fact that the aging dictator will soon die and leave a power gap. Other nations would get involved both publicly and covertly. (ie: spies)

Real world inspiration could come from cold war politics, but also more recent events where nations have sought to bring about or prevent regime change short of full scale invasion.

I'm really interested, I'd like to sort out a few details, telegram me with any of the specifications, or I guess just post them here.
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:17 am

I'm thinking of making an RP wherein star travelling nations all try to colonise the same world and the RP centres around events that happen there; The diplomacy, the wars the alliances etc... But I'm concerned as to how the map should work. Should I have premade provinces for people to claim or should I let the players post their own claims on the map? Personally, I think the latter is more intuitive to the feeling of colonising a new world where there are not yet any boundaries. But I am concerned with how the logistics of that would work if I decide to do it like that.

Also, the differing technologies of the RPers may be difficult to balance properly. Lastly, I want to see who's interested in this RP and if anyone is interested in helping me get this project off the ground and ready to launch.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:07 am

Ella2 6 wrote:I'm thinking of making an RP wherein star travelling nations all try to colonise the same world and the RP centres around events that happen there; The diplomacy, the wars the alliances etc... But I'm concerned as to how the map should work. Should I have premade provinces for people to claim or should I let the players post their own claims on the map? Personally, I think the latter is more intuitive to the feeling of colonising a new world where there are not yet any boundaries. But I am concerned with how the logistics of that would work if I decide to do it like that.

Also, the differing technologies of the RPers may be difficult to balance properly. Lastly, I want to see who's interested in this RP and if anyone is interested in helping me get this project off the ground and ready to launch.

My friends from Septentrion are doing an Space-FT RP if that's would interest you; do contact the OP though as I'm not involved.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Ur Vaskt
Civilian

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ur Vaskt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:10 am

Flohental wrote:Is anyone interested in a 1970s RP? I am trying to do one with my nation about the a fascist regime trying to adapt to the fact that the aging dictator will soon die and leave a power gap. Other nations would get involved both publicly and covertly. (ie: spies)

I'd be interested.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:25 am

Murovanka wrote:My friends from Septentrion are doing an Space-FT RP if that's would interest you; do contact the OP though as I'm not involved.

I'd normally be interested in this, but I'm a bit too busy at the moment to actually RP on a galactic scale. It gets messy if you don't keep your wits about you. And my sanity is at an all-time low right about now...
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Kentalia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentalia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:03 pm

Ella2 6 wrote:
Murovanka wrote:My friends from Septentrion are doing an Space-FT RP if that's would interest you; do contact the OP though as I'm not involved.

I'd normally be interested in this, but I'm a bit too busy at the moment to actually RP on a galactic scale. It gets messy if you don't keep your wits about you. And my sanity is at an all-time low right about now...

There are smaller RPs to get involved in. When I don't have much time, say during exams, I'd just join say like a Civil War RP. You can contribute at your own pace and no one will bash you for it.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Kentalia wrote:
Ella2 6 wrote:I'd normally be interested in this, but I'm a bit too busy at the moment to actually RP on a galactic scale. It gets messy if you don't keep your wits about you. And my sanity is at an all-time low right about now...

There are smaller RPs to get involved in. When I don't have much time, say during exams, I'd just join say like a Civil War RP. You can contribute at your own pace and no one will bash you for it.

Yes, indeed. Which is exactly why I joined the Vortexian Civil War. But it's ended now, so...
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Wanted to put a tag here to monitor this thread for great ideas :)

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:15 am

I am interested. I like filling in my PT canon for my PMC. See my TG.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 pm

In addition and in preparation for this, I will be taking submissions for my PMC for this era of the early 1970's. I would RP your character, but I would RP them based on the bio you give me. Apply here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p12167138

(Captain rank and below, please)
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Flohental
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flohental » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:58 pm

For those that have expressed interest in my RP: I have a OOC page: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=389722

Saint Brendania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brendania » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Hello everyone!

So so far all of the diplomatic RPs have been MT, with a few being PT. However, I have not seen any strictly diplomatic RP. They usually involve wars or "galaxy building" like the Beyond the Ruins thread. Granted, galaxy building does have diplomacy in it, but it does not dedicate an entire thread to it.

My idea is to have a meeting of different "small nations" (Nations who possess at the most 20 star systems.) to discuss diplomatic stuff. I am open to other ideas to work out the rest of the details. No robotic nations would be allowed. Its just my personal preferance. Anyway, the leaders would meet in my capitol, possibly have a meal thrown in there.

Is anybody interested? TG me or post here if you are interested.
Last edited by Saint Brendania on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sapphire Moon Conference: Ongoing viewtopic.php?f=4&t=390089

I am also looking for Future Tech allies!

I call spaceships voidcraft. Why? Because they are like aircraft but in space.
Starfighters are called voidfighters.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Postby Ella2 6 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Saint Brendania wrote:Hello everyone!

So so far all of the diplomatic RPs have been MT, with a few being PT. However, I have not seen any strictly diplomatic RP. They usually involve wars or "galaxy building" like the Beyond the Ruins thread. Granted, galaxy building does have diplomacy in it, but it does not dedicate an entire thread to it.

My idea is to have a meeting of different "small nations" (Nations who possess at the most 20 star systems.) to discuss diplomatic stuff. I am open to other ideas to work out the rest of the details. No robotic nations would be allowed. Its just my personal preferance. Anyway, the leaders would meet in my capitol, possibly have a meal thrown in there.

I'm interested.

I've only participated in one of these purely diplomatic RPs since they're so rare. Granted, I might be looking in the wrong places.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

Saint Brendania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brendania » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:07 am

Ella2 6 wrote:
Saint Brendania wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm interested.

I've only participated in one of these purely diplomatic RPs since they're so rare. Granted, I might be looking in the wrong places.

I have not participated in any diplomatic RPs yet, but I have read many. I will make an OoC signup thread. If we do not have any more players come in within a day, then we can start with just ourselves. How does that sound?

Saint Brendania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brendania » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Here is a link to the RP Ella2 6, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=389938&p=29942876#p29942876

Do you want to be Co-op?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents