NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:48 pm

Third ZSeparatists wrote:
Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic wrote:Well, why a war?

A conflict?

It's just that I'm not really a fan of the war RPs NS (non-closed world) RP overwhelmingly does. Of all the RPs on the first page of II the vast, vast majority of them are wars or otherwise military-focused.
my "best poster" award has been confiscated

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic wrote:
Third ZSeparatists wrote: A conflict?

It's just that I'm not really a fan of the war RPs NS (non-closed world) RP overwhelmingly does. Of all the RPs on the first page of II the vast, vast majority of them are wars or otherwise military-focused.

Greetings, Munk!

International Incidents tends to be focused on the more 'explosive' side of international relationships, hence its title. if you're looking for an RP that's a lot milder in tone, I would recommend taking a look on the NationStates subforum. I'm not saying to ignore International Incidents, but it might help you find more friends if you look in more than one place! The NationStates board might just have some like-minded players who you can play with!
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:48 am

Ella2 6 wrote:
Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic wrote:It's just that I'm not really a fan of the war RPs NS (non-closed world) RP overwhelmingly does. Of all the RPs on the first page of II the vast, vast majority of them are wars or otherwise military-focused.

Greetings, Munk!

International Incidents tends to be focused on the more 'explosive' side of international relationships, hence its title. if you're looking for an RP that's a lot milder in tone, I would recommend taking a look on the NationStates subforum. I'm not saying to ignore International Incidents, but it might help you find more friends if you look in more than one place! The NationStates board might just have some like-minded players who you can play with!

I am aware of the purpose of International Incidents, but international incidents do not have to be wars (let alone wars that have no justification whatsoever, which are the majority by far of wars in II). Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Fashoda incident, the Iranian Revolution, the Berlin blockade and airlift, there's plenty of other things that have happened.
my "best poster" award has been confiscated

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:54 am

Ella2 6 wrote:Greetings, Munk!

I am aware of the purpose of International Incidents, but international incidents do not have to be wars (let alone wars that have no justification whatsoever, which are the majority by far of wars in II). Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Fashoda incident, the Iranian Revolution, the Berlin blockade and airlift, there's plenty of other things that have happened.

If I may be so bold, if you're looking for complex relationships, international intrigue, philosophical conflict, and absolute player freedom to create, I'd recommend New Civilizations.

It's the longest running RP on NS right now ( I believe ), with a lot of players, history, and very high writing standards; so i'd understand if you might not want to get involved. It's always open to new players, and there is always another page in the history books.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Well if you are interested in a non war RP, but still an international incident, would you be interested in an RP centering on a blockade? My nation is rather against slavery, and I know your nation runs a slave market, so that sets up the justification for sending a small task force to search and seize any ships carrying slaves. From there things could escalate, or deescalate, however we agree to run it. If you are interested send me a TG.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Joohan wrote:
Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic wrote:I am aware of the purpose of International Incidents, but international incidents do not have to be wars (let alone wars that have no justification whatsoever, which are the majority by far of wars in II). Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Fashoda incident, the Iranian Revolution, the Berlin blockade and airlift, there's plenty of other things that have happened.

If I may be so bold, if you're looking for complex relationships, international intrigue, philosophical conflict, and absolute player freedom to create, I'd recommend New Civilizations.

It's the longest running RP on NS right now ( I believe ), with a lot of players, history, and very high writing standards; so i'd understand if you might not want to get involved. It's always open to new players, and there is always another page in the history books.

Virus outbreaks are another kind of RP that goes into International Incidents.
The big (not) gay

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:17 pm

First contact also goes on II. Hook up with an alien civ and see what happens! :)
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:23 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Munkcestrian Conciliar Republic wrote:I am aware of the purpose of International Incidents, but international incidents do not have to be wars (let alone wars that have no justification whatsoever, which are the majority by far of wars in II). Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Fashoda incident, the Iranian Revolution, the Berlin blockade and airlift, there's plenty of other things that have happened.

First contact also goes on II. Hook up with an alien civ and see what happens! :)

I have a bone to pick with you
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Vernon Bluff
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vernon Bluff » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 pm

With my war RP looking like it’s going to wrap up soon I have another tie in to build up my nations lore with other nations. This time it I was thinking of a classic diplomatic incident. I have one such idea however, I am open to more!

This incident would take place during Debt War (which is an event I am in right now). Before the war all my naval vessels were sent to an overseas colony to avoid destruction known as Puerto Verda and now patrol the waters around the island to make sure they were not followed. During one of these patrols one of your nation’s fishing/military/spy etc. boat is spotted and diplomatic shenanigans ensure from an attempted seizure to a shelling you decide. I don’t really have a set story with this one so we can definitely work on it! It would also allow me to introduce some minor characters in my countries lore as many of the important ones are dealing with a war. So just TG me if interested!
Just your average nation doing nothing

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Crysuko wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

I have a bone to pick with you

And I owe you and everyone participating in DM a sincere apology for my ridiculously long delay. I'm preparing a reply not just fir you, but for everyone else. ;)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016

Postby Ella2 6 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:34 pm

I said to expand the scope of your search, not to stop looking in II.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:57 am

I have to agree with Ella 2, II is where the action is happening, and the NS board is generally more mild.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:19 am

Vernon Bluff wrote:With my war RP looking like it’s going to wrap up soon I have another tie in to build up my nations lore with other nations. This time it I was thinking of a classic diplomatic incident. I have one such idea however, I am open to more!

This incident would take place during Debt War (which is an event I am in right now). Before the war all my naval vessels were sent to an overseas colony to avoid destruction known as Puerto Verda and now patrol the waters around the island to make sure they were not followed. During one of these patrols one of your nation’s fishing/military/spy etc. boat is spotted and diplomatic shenanigans ensure from an attempted seizure to a shelling you decide. I don’t really have a set story with this one so we can definitely work on it! It would also allow me to introduce some minor characters in my countries lore as many of the important ones are dealing with a war. So just TG me if interested!

Sounds like an interesting premise, kind of like the Pueblo Incident. If I didn't have so many RPs on my plate right now, I might be tempted to do this with you. I don't understand what Puerto Verda is - is that the nation attacking your boats...the colony island....a typhoon? That sentence got worded a bit awkwardly, even for me, and I am the King of awkward, redundant sentences.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Vernon Bluff
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vernon Bluff » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:31 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Vernon Bluff wrote:With my war RP looking like it’s going to wrap up soon I have another tie in to build up my nations lore with other nations. This time it I was thinking of a classic diplomatic incident. I have one such idea however, I am open to more!

Sounds like an interesting premise, kind of like the Pueblo Incident. If I didn't have so many RPs on my plate right now, I might be tempted to do this with you. I don't understand what Puerto Verda is - is that the nation attacking your boats...the colony island....a typhoon? That sentence got worded a bit awkwardly, even for me, and I am the King of awkward, redundant sentences.

Sorry wrote that really late without grammar checking. Puerto Verda is the sole overseas colony of Vernon Bluff and is where the navy has retreated to save them from destruction. Apologizes for the awkward wording.
Just your average nation doing nothing

Imperial Gatorland
Attaché

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Gatorland » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:54 am

Would anyone be interested in an RP about a riot in an alien prison? You could join as a prisoner, guard or warden, or as a government either helping to put down the riot or helping prisoners escape?

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:23 am

Imperial Gatorland wrote:Would anyone be interested in an RP about a riot in an alien prison? You could join as a prisoner, guard or warden, or as a government either helping to put down the riot or helping prisoners escape?

How serious is this prison? Would it make sense for a famous hunter-assassin to escape from there?
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenega
Attaché

Founded: Jan 23, 2013

Postby Kenega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:15 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Imperial Gatorland wrote:Would anyone be interested in an RP about a riot in an alien prison? You could join as a prisoner, guard or warden, or as a government either helping to put down the riot or helping prisoners escape?

How serious is this prison? Would it make sense for a famous hunter-assassin to escape from there?

Hey! I saw that movie. Did Starlord break you out?

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:16 am

Kenega wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

Hey! I saw that movie. Did Starlord break you out?

Guardians of the Galaxy? I did, but I was talking about my Lizardman OC.

Vlaandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlaandia » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:01 pm

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be interested in a more ASB/fantasy scenario of First Contact (If MT) or otherwise normal (If FT)

I just think it would be an interesting scenario to write of a medieval society meeting and interacting with a more advanced one, that is at the point that it doesn't seek to needlessly exploit the weaker side.
Country Name: Kingdom of Vlaandia
Capital: Altenstadt
Government: Feudal Monarchy
King: Theodore "The Lion"
Dynasty: Vlaanderin
Religion: Augustian
National Animal: Vlaandian Lion
Currency: Marc
Current Year: 8/15/642
Kingdom of Vlaandia Overview Name is derived from Flanders Fear the Duke of Death Actually a pretty pleasant place
Lesson of the Day: If you find a male dragon in a cave with his hoard, do not try sneaking away some treasure. Dragons have really good awareness of their surroundings, and he will spray his venom at you, it will hurt, you will feel as if you're on fire, your blood will boil and skin blister, it will be a slow and agonizing death.

Vlaandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlaandia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:35 pm

Anyone?

If not, I can just start asking I guess.
Country Name: Kingdom of Vlaandia
Capital: Altenstadt
Government: Feudal Monarchy
King: Theodore "The Lion"
Dynasty: Vlaanderin
Religion: Augustian
National Animal: Vlaandian Lion
Currency: Marc
Current Year: 8/15/642
Kingdom of Vlaandia Overview Name is derived from Flanders Fear the Duke of Death Actually a pretty pleasant place
Lesson of the Day: If you find a male dragon in a cave with his hoard, do not try sneaking away some treasure. Dragons have really good awareness of their surroundings, and he will spray his venom at you, it will hurt, you will feel as if you're on fire, your blood will boil and skin blister, it will be a slow and agonizing death.

Trumpisslavia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpisslavia » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 am

Vlaandia wrote:I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be interested in a more ASB/fantasy scenario of First Contact (If MT) or otherwise normal (If FT)

I just think it would be an interesting scenario to write of a medieval society meeting and interacting with a more advanced one, that is at the point that it doesn't seek to needlessly exploit the weaker side.

I've been looking for someone interested on that sort of thing myself, only the medieval society would be the spacefarers.
Donald D. Dwarf. Roy Joseph Moore. Miller Dwarf.
Maggie Simpson.
All dead.
Long live the United States
however short its life will be.

Call this nation the "United States". Not "America". not "Trumpisslavia". Just "United States".

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:27 am

Trumpisslavia wrote:
Vlaandia wrote:I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be interested in a more ASB/fantasy scenario of First Contact (If MT) or otherwise normal (If FT)

I've been looking for someone interested on that sort of thing myself, only the medieval society would be the spacefarers.

this is me, and this is my main nation

Willink
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2005
Anarchy

Postby Willink » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Back from the grave baby, figure I ought to get my factbook in order.
Last edited by Willink on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis

Unjustly Deleted

Petroslovania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Petroslovania » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 pm

deleted
Last edited by Petroslovania on Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Holdings Incorporated
Attaché

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Holdings Incorporated » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:29 pm

deleted
Last edited by United Holdings Incorporated on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The United States and Russia with a fresh coat of paint and tries to be as humane as possible.

We are a Mixed Tech nation depending on the year. 21st century- MT, PMT. 22nd Century LFT, MFT. 23rd Century FT.
We do not use nationstates statistics. Due to the low quality of the UHI's factbooks, all factbooks are currently non-canon until relative quality is improved. Thank you for your understanding.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents