NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:03 am

I could be a massive black market for you, you. Illegal weapons and all.
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

White Christian Nationalists
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby White Christian Nationalists » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:05 am

Im down

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 am

If WCN is here, so am I!
Last edited by The Black Party on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Xaojie
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Xaojie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am

Sure?

Krospovia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 30, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krospovia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 am

If the war roleplay is set between 1930-1990, I am in, although if it is not between this years, I you can also count with me.

Greater Austro-Danubia
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Austro-Danubia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:20 am

I can agree with AN, as long as I have what land my nation owns, I'm good.

Map of Austro-Danubia
Last edited by Greater Austro-Danubia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A large Central European monarchy, I guess.

1) I'm not from Australia.
2) I'm Austrian.
3) I speak good enough English to pass through English speaking sites.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 am

Greater Austro-Danubia wrote:I can agree with AN, as long as I have what land my nation owns, I'm good.

Map of Austro-Danubia

Your link is broken.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 am

Krospovia wrote:If the war roleplay is set between 1930-1990, I am in, although if it is not between this years, I you can also count with me.

Agreed. A World War or Cold War era RP would be very refreshing. there seems to be an influx of MT and PMT RP.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Greater Austro-Danubia
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Austro-Danubia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Greater Austro-Danubia wrote:I can agree with AN, as long as I have what land my nation owns, I'm good.

Map of Austro-Danubia

Your link is broken.

Fixed.
A large Central European monarchy, I guess.

1) I'm not from Australia.
2) I'm Austrian.
3) I speak good enough English to pass through English speaking sites.

Goldgamia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goldgamia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm

You can count me in if I get to have my massive island in the pacific or something similar to that (Look at map of GDU in GDU region page)
Recent Goldgamian News:

No recent news as of now.

Member of LITA

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Greater Austro-Danubia wrote:Fixed.

Ok

no.

If you get all that land I'm pulling out. Do you realize how big your nation is? You have colonies in all continents. And that most of it is in Central Europe, a continent in high demand?
Last edited by The Black Party on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Union of Rehands
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Introduction

Postby Union of Rehands » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Hmm well uhh hello I'm looking for a war with someone just tell me and uhh we can take this to the battlegrounds i really don't care who you are I've just wanted a fight i guess.
忠诚与荣誉.

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:57 am

I'm thinking about havinga Chechnya RP. the general storyline would go like this:
Ramzan Kadyrov is assassinated, and a civil war starts up. Several Islamic Extrimist groups affiliated with Al Qaeda and ISIS invade Ingushetia and Dagestan, and form a government following Shari'ah law. These militants are backed by Saudi Arabia and Azerbaijan. Any ideas/anyone interested?

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Karu Nadu wrote:I'm thinking about havinga Chechnya RP. the general storyline would go like this:
Ramzan Kadyrov is assassinated, and a civil war starts up. Several Islamic Extrimist groups affiliated with Al Qaeda and ISIS invade Ingushetia and Dagestan, and form a government following Shari'ah law. These militants are backed by Saudi Arabia and Azerbaijan. Any ideas/anyone interested?

Just to make sure, as I seem to keep guessing wrong on this, but...
1. Are players playing RL nations, terrorist, and ethnic groups, or are they playing as their NS nations, or sort of a mix of the two?
2. If a mix of the two, who is playing Al Qaeda, Daesh/ISIS, Ingushetia, Dagestan, Saudi Arabia and Azerbaijan, or are these just NPCs controlled by you?
3. Seems logical that this would be MT, but unless explicitly stated, someone is going to exploit that loophole. Is it MT? MT/PMT? Are FT and FanTech allowed?
4. Do you have force (troop and equipment) limits as to what everyone can bring in?
5. Are you trying to have equal sides or can everyone just dog pile up on one side against the other?
6. Are you allowing WMDs in your RP?

Not to be a buzzkill, but these are important things you might want to think about before you open up your RP and invite everyone in. Otherwise, it's like 90% of the other trainwreck II RPs that crash and burn within the first two pages.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Karu Nadu wrote:I'm thinking about havinga Chechnya RP. the general storyline would go like this:

1. Are players playing RL nations, terrorist, and ethnic groups, or are they playing as their NS nations, or sort of a mix of the two?
2. If a mix of the two, who is playing Al Qaeda, Daesh/ISIS, Ingushetia, Dagestan, Saudi Arabia and Azerbaijan, or are these just NPCs controlled by you?
3. Seems logical that this would be MT, but unless explicitly stated, someone is going to exploit that loophole. Is it MT? MT/PMT? Are FT and FanTech allowed?
4. Do you have force (troop and equipment) limits as to what everyone can bring in?
5. Are you trying to have equal sides or can everyone just dog pile up on one side against the other?

Not to be a buzzkill, but these are important things you might want to think about before you open up your RP and invite everyone in. Otherwise, it's like 90% of the other trainwreck II RPs that crash and burn within the first two pages.

1 and 2. I was thinking that people could apply/ask to play as Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia, Al-Qaeda, Russia, or any other group mentioned in the OP, but otherwise they'd probably be some other nation with some sort of "WA peacekeeping" mission or intervention.
3. It would probably be MT/PT
4. A limit of around 15,000 troops from foreign intervention forces would probably be applied, but I'm not actually sure of what a realistic number might be. For people playing as Azerbaijan, Russia, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, or any other group/army in the region, there would probably be a limit of about 80,000 troops.
5. I'd probably put limits on the number of nations/groups per side.
6. Non-nuclear missiles would probably be allowed, and chemical weapons could be used by factions which don't respect international treaties.

I'm pretty new to RP'ing, so tips would be helpful.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Karu Nadu wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:

1 and 2. I was thinking that people could apply/ask to play as Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia, Al-Qaeda, Russia, or any other group mentioned in the OP, but otherwise they'd probably be some other nation with some sort of "WA peacekeeping" mission or intervention.
4. A limit of around 15,000 troops from foreign intervention forces would probably be applied, but I'm not actually sure of what a realistic number might be. For people playing as Azerbaijan, Russia, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, or any other group/army in the region, there would probably be a limit of about 80,000 troops.
6. Non-nuclear missiles would probably be allowed, and chemical weapons could be used by factions which don't respect international treaties.

Sure, glad to help. I think you're on the right track and you're thinking it all through. Looking pretty good so far.

While you don't want to be too inflexible, there's some things you shouldn't bend on. For instance, you might want to tighten down on WMDs and troop limits, but lighten up on what nation or group a player can play. Maybe you need to come to a decision as to whether it's RL nations or NS nations. You can ask people to fulfill certain roles: You need a player with an NS nation that is like Saudi Arabia, or has a terrorist group in their canon that is like ISIL or Al Qaeda. There's a few out there. Someone who has a NS nation that is like Russia - there's literally hundreds, if not thousands of nations on NS like that.
If you insist on mixing RL and NS nations though, you can't get mad when people decide on what distances they are from the AO (Area of Operations). Interpretations will vary.

Once you open the door on WMDs - chemical weapons - it's tough to shut the door back on them again.

Lastly, demand quality RP. No one liners posts unless it's dialogue response. Be strict on godmodding, or it will get away from you. Have a clear OOC/Interest thread, which you should start off with first, and then launch your IC thread for RP when things are well in hand and you know who is on what side and what they are doing from what was discussed in the OOC thread. Applications to join the RP help best with this.

Have fun!
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Karu Nadu wrote:

Sure, glad to help. I think you're on the right track and you're thinking it all through. Looking pretty good so far.

While you don't want to be too inflexible, there's some things you shouldn't bend on. For instance, you might want to tighten down on WMDs and troop limits, but lighten up on what nation or group a player can play. Maybe you need to come to a decision as to whether it's RL nations or NS nations. You can ask people to fulfill certain roles: You need a player with an NS nation that is like Saudi Arabia, or has a terrorist group in their canon that is like ISIL or Al Qaeda. There's a few out there. Someone who has a NS nation that is like Russia - there's literally hundreds, if not thousands of nations on NS like that.
If you insist on mixing RL and NS nations though, you can't get mad when people decide on what distances they are from the AO (Area of Operations). Interpretations will vary.

Once you open the door on WMDs - chemical weapons - it's tough to shut the door back on them again.

Lastly, demand quality RP. No one liners posts unless it's dialogue response. Be strict on godmodding, or it will get away from you. Have a clear OOC/Interest thread, which you should start off with first, and then launch your IC thread for RP when things are well in hand and you know who is on what side and what they are doing from what was discussed in the OOC thread. Applications to join the RP help best with this.

Have fun!

Would you be interested in joining?
What would a good troop limit be?

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:38 am

New Aeyariss wrote:So I am having this new RP idea, which I won't yet most likely launch but certainly want to be reserved in future and I would like to see how much interest it would gather. It would be set in the PT/FanT version of Nifon, namely the Sonjoverse, and IC wise, events of this RP would also be story of a TV series in MT Nifon.

Nifon, year 1561 of our Lord. It's been 7 years after the end of Sonjo war. Ryuta Shakurin is dead, Kenshin Murakami now sits as chancellor of the realm (still refusing the title of Shogun). Yet, his influence, as much as it is restraining, can't stop human nature. Vast majority of realm lords hate him, though follow either out of fear, or out of greed. Ryukai had fractured into multiple small cults, which still aim to realie the Dragon Emperor's vision, and the youkai, though badly battered, are still running around.

The capital is now governed by Date Sorin. Due to it's fast level of development, there is a lot of crime, with yakuzas gaining more and more influence. Ryukai cults are slowly starting their infiltration, with not even Kenshin's court being spared. There are rumors of Youkai moving under the city, and legends of ancient tomb of a powerful rasetsu holding enormous riches - and something that could as well topple the Shogunate should it fall into wrong hands.

To keep order in the city, Date Sorin forms Shinsentai - an elite unit of Samurai, who will uphold the law by operating at it's verge. The players would be RPing characters from Shinsentai and fight everything from Yakuza bosses, through oni cultists, on youkai ending. Basically a Jidaigeki version of Tropa de Elite, with minor FanT elements.

If it's done on international incidents instead of the backwaters of this forum p2tm, I'm in.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:35 am

Karu Nadu wrote:What would a good troop limit be?

Honestly, you might be okay with what you had in mind. I think depending on the types of groups and nations involved it would vary greatly, if you're being realistic. A Russia like nation or other power is going to be able to field more troops than say a multi-national group like ISIS or Al-Qaeda. Homegrown rebels (Chechens, Ingushetians, etc.) would probably have a decent amount of personnel to call on, but maybe not a lot of front line combat fighters. Peacekeeping forces would also likely be contributing smaller sizes of troops to work with other nations in that peacekeeping coalition, unless they were acting unilaterally or with just one or two other allies. The kind of conflict you're talking about wouldn't involve a huge amount of ground troops, armor and equipment because it would be more small action/guerrilla/COIN and less large battlefields. The more troops thrown in the field, the more logistics you have to involve to maintain them. Sorry, but I can't give you a simple answer. Maybe it would make more sense to limit the number of troops per side, rather than per player.

Naval and air operations would be a whole other discussion. Would this be near a large coast, or is this going to actually be based in the RL Caucasus region?

Karu Nadu wrote:Would you be interested in joining?

Maybe on a small level. About when were you thinking of starting the IC thread?
My Factbook

Karu Nadu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Karu Nadu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:38 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Karu Nadu wrote:What would a good troop limit be?

Honestly, you might be okay with what you had in mind. I think depending on the types of groups and nations involved it would vary greatly, if you're being realistic. A Russia like nation or other power is going to be able to field more troops than say a multi-national group like ISIS or Al-Qaeda. Homegrown rebels (Chechens, Ingushetians, etc.) would probably have a decent amount of personnel to call on, but maybe not a lot of front line combat fighters. Peacekeeping forces would also likely be contributing smaller sizes of troops to work with other nations in that peacekeeping coalition, unless they were acting unilaterally or with just one or two other allies. The kind of conflict you're talking about wouldn't involve a huge amount of ground troops, armor and equipment because it would be more small action/guerrilla/COIN and less large battlefields. The more troops thrown in the field, the more logistics you have to involve to maintain them. Sorry, but I can't give you a simple answer. Maybe it would make more sense to limit the number of troops per side, rather than per player.

Naval and air operations would be a whole other discussion. Would this be near a large coast, or is this going to actually be based in the RL Caucasus region?

Karu Nadu wrote:Would you be interested in joining?

Maybe on a small level. About when were you thinking of starting the IC thread?

This would be in the Caucasus, so navies such as the Russians, Iranians, Azerbaijanis, Kazakhs, or Turkmen, may be able to launch missiles from vessels in the Caspian Sea. The likely hood of a European fleet on the Caspian is very low, so Navies would have to launch missiles either from the air, or launch long-range ones from Black Sea (Missiles can't go that far, can they?).

I'm thinking about starting the IC thread... I'm not entirely sure when, to be honest.

Tanwirid
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanwirid » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:23 am

So we have a new PM. Join and address him good luck. Establish ties with our region or joint Army trainning
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=458937
News: Shamsid will have its Turbanation soon.

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 am

How should I improve this interest and signup thread?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=459689
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

Montenbourg
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Montenbourg » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:43 am

I propose the creation of a map at https://atwar-game.com/

For Roleplaying purposes.

My user: Montenbourg
The Kingdom Of Montenbourg

Progress, Liberal, Pro-Democracy.
"Iustitia et Pacem"
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
http://montenbourg.weebly.com/

Oasis Corporation
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Oasis Corporation » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:39 pm

I'm working on a map for my region, Shattered Colonies. My goal is to create a clear, easy-to-use, and visually appealing (though, with my poor drawing skills, I doubt I could get that done) map appropriate for the roleplay region's sci fi, space exploration setting. I would love feedback on what I have so far, and even commentary like "Delete your account," or "You can't draw for your life," would be greatly appreciated!

Click the image for a larger, clearer version.
Last edited by Oasis Corporation on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:58 pm

Oasis Corporation wrote:I'm working on a map for my region, Shattered Colonies. My goal is to create a clear, easy-to-use, and visually appealing (though, with my poor drawing skills, I doubt I could get that done) map appropriate for the roleplay region's sci fi, space exploration setting. I would love feedback on what I have so far, and even commentary like "Delete your account," or "You can't draw for your life," would be greatly appreciated!

Where's the sun in that system?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents