NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:05 am

Abruzi, I'm waiting for you to start the PT war thread. I'm into my last week of summer furlough....

Oh, and its my birthday today, so I'm probably not going to respond to any threads today. :)

Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:19 am

My history should be up tonight or tomorrow as I am going on two-week sea training deployment on Tuesday. Replies to my current claims should also take place in order to keep them up to date during my two week absence.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:43 am

Cotland wrote:Abruzi, I'm waiting for you to start the PT war thread. I'm into my last week of summer furlough....

Oh, and its my birthday today, so I'm probably not going to respond to any threads today. :)

Drink up ya old man! Happy Birthday dude!
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Legendardisch
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legendardisch » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:11 am

Pinning this thread.
The United Federation of Legendardisch

Pegasus Armed Dealership | De Volkscourant | Embassy Program | Factbook | Legendardisch.gov
PROUD MEMBER OF: I.S.A , I.C.O.N , V.N.T , U.P.A , I.F.C , I.E.S.P , I.A.T.A , I.C.D , D.S.A , U.T.A

Some very cool links: Flickr | DeviantART | Personal Website
Nederlander | Je Suis Charlie | PEGIDA

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Cotland wrote:Abruzi, I'm waiting for you to start the PT war thread. I'm into my last week of summer furlough....

Oh shit, I'll get right on that then man.

Also happy birthday.

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Layarteb wrote:Last week of history's --- pathetic showing.

I went on IRC (Mibbit, #earth2) last week and I couldn't catch you.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:30 pm

RomeW wrote:
Layarteb wrote:Last week of history's --- pathetic showing.

I went on IRC (Mibbit, #earth2) last week and I couldn't catch you.

I'm on most evenings so just pop in and I'll be there somewhere.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:42 pm

• A Promenade to Petersburg
    • Thread Owner: Urbov, Cotland
    • Classification: Story
    • Synopsis: Imperial Russian Forces invade the Realm of Cotland in the name of Pride, that of the Russian Empire and an innocent maiden + The biggest shotgun wedding in history!
    • Miscellaneous Notes: 1911-1915, leads to present frontiers in European Russia. Title inspired by the Serbian, "Stroll to Sofia".
Last edited by URBOV on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cotland
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 am

Alternative synopsis: The biggest shotgun wedding in history!

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:27 am

I'm going to use this little war to cite the reason the Republic of Layarteb believes it must build up its military to deal with potential threats out of its isolationist sphere. This will be the contributing factor for our ability to have deployed during the North Germanian slaughterfest in the 20s.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

West Pacific
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 23, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby West Pacific » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:56 am

I thought I read somewhere that sign ups were closed while this history revision and other updates are put in place. Is this the case or are sign ups being accepted at the moment?

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 am

Fixed the synopsis, I'll be getting a post up today.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Presidents of the Republic of Layarteb (1750 - 1980) [first election 1751]
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:33 am

Four days worth of offline posting up, hope I got it all right.

Currently in the sunny Netherlands, see you all in a week or so.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Keep your sun, I have enough of it.

This is today and it was like this yesterday and Thursday. It wasn't as hot Monday to Wednesday but it was still 97°F+.
Last edited by Layarteb on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Hi No Moto
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hi No Moto » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:33 am

Hey guys, I was hoping to become a bit more active again on E2 rather soon but I've got some serious stuff to work on so I'll be staying on vacation for the foreseeable future. My bad.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:39 am

Today is the last day for open history submission. Some of you who complained the loudest about the history and having to integrate your own history into what was there have contributed 0 to this so don't complain when I don't offer sympathy.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 am

And yesterday's come & went. Shame.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:24 am

Briefing for the Supreme Economic Council 24/07/13

Comrades,

Realization of the goals of the Five Year Plan of 2008 has prompted us to pause and look at the modern economy of the Russian Union State. While it was very obvious that only five year ago we were in a relatively backwards position, the recent reunification of the Motherland and the economic activity generated by the near eternal warfare of the Chaotic Period until present. Atrocities in Persia aside, the Pochva Government was effective in reinvigorating the Ministry of State Planning and the second wave of State subsidized Industrialization has largely been a success.

Rising exports of heavy and light industrial products coupled with new mineral extraction projects in Siberia and the Far East has eliminated the final vestiges of the Economic Stagnation of the late Soviet Era. 76,150,000 Industrial Positions are presently employing near 90% of all graduates of higher education in fields that range from Nuclear Power to Mineral Extraction.

However the dependence of the Soviet and early Russian economy on Industry must be remembered and increased diversification is suggested by all of the Regional Economic Councils. The creation of a "Special Economic Zone" around Kazan to attract new Worker Cooperatives alongside limited foreign investment is suggested by the Economic Council of that region.

Implementation of the Agricultural Policy of Minister Anton Romanovitch Borkov has been realized to a degree though the target number of 73,865,500 Agricultural Positions has only been realized recently. With only 3% of graduates of higher education employed in Agricultural Planning, the return of a disproportional output for a sector of the industry has proven to be a worrying trend. Bosses of the various Sovkhozy represent an intellectual elite who are employing the latest agricultural sciences and are thus far more efficient than the more numerous kolkhozy which are presently responsible for only 52% of our agricultural output.

This situation, the Sovkhozy which stands at only 10% of the Agricultural Sector accounting for nearly half of output, can only be rectified by increasing the number of Higher-Educated Agricultural Leaders. A viable short term solution would be the recruitment of foreign nationals from friendly nations to guide the establishment of a new range of more efficient Kolkhozy that will serve as a model around the city of Saratov.
Accounting for only 3% of the RUS Economy, the Service Industry remains largely in the hands of the various State Sponsored Worker-Managed Chains with the four workers to 1 owner limiting growth of purely private businesses to the cities of European Russia.

Energy is a stable sector of our Economy and the goals for the next five years will be to raise the Hydroelectric Power's share of total production from 21% to 25%. Nuclear power too is to be raised from the present 16% to 25%, with Wind, Solar, and Geothermal energy to be raised to 10%. Natural Gas and Oil which will be offset by this trend towards ecological energy will make-up losses through export to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.

Destruction of Persian infrastructure and contracts signed with various businesses in Uzbekistan has increased Gazprom's share of Natural Gas to near 27% of World Natural Gas Totals, allowing Russian interests to monopolize European Energy in only a few years. The completion of South Stream has also allowed for more efficient delivery of Russian Gas to the European Market.

Furnished by the Committee of Statistics
152,300,000 Million Labor Force
76,150,000 Industrial Jobs
73,865,500 Agricultural Jobs
2,284,500 Service Jobs

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 am

URBOV wrote:
    • Synopsis: Imperial Russian Forces invade the Realm of Cotland in the name of Pride, that of the Russian Empire and an innocent maiden + The biggest shotgun wedding in history!
    • Miscellaneous Notes: 1911-1915, leads to present frontiers in European Russia. Title inspired by the Serbian, "Stroll to Sofia".

^ Could be the most amusing RP of 2013 ^

On another note, now that the history open submission period is over I am going to compile everything together and identify the conflicts. I've been sidetracked working on my divisions & battalion organizations for my military. I have my airborne, armored, and infantry (light) divisions complete. I need to finish the army with the cavalry and infantry; then the LFL regiments; then the Marines; then the ILDF; then the IL Strategic Forces.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 am

Layarteb wrote:
URBOV wrote:

You mean the most fun.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:19 pm

mmhmm 3 people's claims to toss... Yummy
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:23 pm

URBOV wrote:
Layarteb wrote:

You mean the most fun.

The world will thank you for this. Because of this war, the Republic of Layarteb believes that its isolationism will not stand the testament of time. We will increase our knowledge of the world so that we can militarily act during the Germanian Civil War.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Cotland
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:58 am

All Fear the Mighty Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Their Tractor Artillery!!!

Seriously, what?!

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 am

Well you saw their laptop

Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents