NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:So if I'm understanding this correctly, we're simply doing this to consolidate history and remove any history from minor members that once played with us?

Partly and also to bring about some more co-nation events given that 2/3 of the nations around when we did the history aren't anymore.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Yo, we should schedule an IRC meeting for the purposes of solving History up to 1900.

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Layarteb wrote:
Layarteb wrote:So upcoming summer projects for me and Earth II

• Stating the rest of my weapons systems
  • Revising our history to get rid of the BS none of us want and which makes no sense
  • Claims map
  • Potential spreadsheet revision
  • ? ?? ?

So #1 is fully underway
Let's talk about #2 shall we?

This will be a rare chance at democracy among the members of Earth II being that you will all be able to weigh in on this one.

So here is the scenario:

Rather than revise the history of Earth II, which is a daunting task, what do you say we do a total reboot? Now before you get too giddy, there are some stipulations.

• Current active / pending members with established history cannot have their history removed.
  • Recently departed members (i.e. Amigard, Olmeria, Edvardus) cannot have their history removed.
  • Influential members of the past (i.e. Bavin) cannot have their history removed.
  • As was originally done in the first go at history, RomeW's history will serve as the focal point.

So what this means is that I would first wipe the history completely. Then I will add in the history of members fitting these categories. Then we will have a clean history. BEFORE THAT HAPPENS THOUGH there are some conditions.

• To have your history readded, it must be current (i.e. at least through the 2012 calendar year - you do not need to have 2013 completely done). [NO ACTION REQUIRED ON THIS YET]
  • Look back into the history of YOUR nation and when you post your opinion, give me a brief (nothing special) idea what history conflicts with your own and give me a brief explanation why (again nothing special but make me think you looked).

Okay? So go ahead and let's get the opinions out there.

The only thing that I see that conflicts with my history is that myself and a nation called "Greater Britannia" claimed Australia for the better part of the 18th century- everything else looks okay.

I'm also not sure what I can add for 2012...all I have is one thread that got aborted. I suppose I can just take the thread from 2011 and claim that was finished in 2012 (as it would be). The war in Egypt and Sudan is the first real addition to my history.

I do have one suggestion, to make the history easier- divide it by continent (or at least provide that option). It would be easier to spot conflicts that way, and people can zero in quicker on the histories that make the most sense to them. Right now, if I want to know everything that happened in Africa from 1509 to 1781, I'd have to sift through several pointless lines to get to what I need to know and that's needlessly time consuming.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 pm

On another note, Can't Take Back The Words I Never Said is finally finished, so my claims have wrapped up.

Three long months and 60 posts later...but I think it was worth it. :)
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown

United States of Brink
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brink » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:50 am

I say interesting but I don't think I've ever contributed to the whole history thing...which is my bad...

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:42 am

Well the good thing is with the back history you can always add stuff in - it doesn't explicitly require you to RP things - so long as they jive. If you're saying you claimed a nation in your history though and you never RP'd it well that's a situation but it has never arisen so.

As for the separations - there is one issue there. Lots of people do things on many continents around the same time so it would become pretty unwieldy. The best way is for people to explicitly state in their history segments what the locality is. Then a CRTL+F by locality can find something.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:14 pm

*RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE*
Last edited by RomeW on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:16 pm

RomeW wrote:
  • There's Something About Warsaw
    • Thread Owner: RomeW, Itailian Mafias
    • Classification: Claim
    • Synopsis: After explosions rock downtown Warsaw, the Olmerian government believes it now has the right opportunity to strike at its nemesis, the Kingdom of Holland. However, an investigation reveals this isn't a normal terrorist strike.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Used to make the following claims:

Itailian Mafias:

-Czech Republic
      -Western Poland/old Prussia
      -Austria

RomeW:
      -Eastern Poland
      -Bosnia and Herzegovina
      -Bulgaria
      -Croatia
      -France (Corsica, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Alpes De Haute Provence, Alpes Maritimes, Hautes Alpes, Var])
      -Hungary
      -Monaco
      -Montenegro
      -Romania
      -Slovakia
      -Slovenia
      -Switzerland
      -Albania
      -Kosovo
      -Macedonia

Olmeria's stuff isn't open yet.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Layarteb wrote:Olmeria's stuff isn't open yet.

My apologies. Should I get rid of the thread?

EDIT- Can I keep it as a *story* thread and make it a claim thread later? Where IM and I are at, it's still got a long way to go before we can make actual claims (and I'm still open to discussing the eventual division of Olmeria for anyone else that wants to get involved).
Last edited by RomeW on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West Pacific
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 23, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby West Pacific » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 am

Application for Full Membership

Nation Name: Confederation of the Central Plains
Demonym: Confederates
Capital: Lincoln, Ne
Independence or Founding Date: 12 August 2005
Population: 97,015,184 (Calculated using pop. density of Ukraine)
Official Language(s): English
Government Type: Confederation with unicameral Senate and strong regional governmental bodies
Head of State: President Gabriel Martin
Head of Government: President Gabriel Martin
Official Religion: None
Largest Religion: Lutheran
Constitution: Yes
Economy Type: Mixed
Currency: Dollar ($)
Summer Time: Yes
Time Zone(s): UTC-6, UTC-7
Calling Code: +557
Internet TLD: .ccp
Maritime Boundary (nm): 12NM
Military Size: .7% or 6,791,062
Special Weapons
Chemical: Yes
Biological: No
Radiological: No
Nuclear: No
Examples of Previous RPs
http://z13.invisionfree.invalid.com/Earth_AV/in ... topic=1218
http://z13.invisionfree.invalid.com/Earth_AV/in ... ic=711&hl=
http://z13.invisionfree.invalid.com/Earth_AV/in ... c=1104&hl=
-
Reason why you want to join Earth II?: I am looking for an RP with more stability. I had been involved with the same group of people for a few years, on and off, but our numbers have dwindled and I think we have proven a group of five people cannot sustain an RP for long. As such I would like to join Earth II where I don’t have to worry about RPing not only as myself, but two or three proxy nations as well.
Real-Life Age: 25
Fluency in English: I have a B.S. in History and Political Science, if this entire post hasn’t already made my case for English fluency, hopefully my degree will cover it. I make mistakes, but people can usually understand what I intend to say when I type.
Land(s) Claiming:
Colorado: 104,093.54 sq. miles
Iowa: 56,271.69 sq. miles
Kansas: 82,276.83 sq. miles
Missouri: 69,704.19 sq. miles
Nebraska: 77,353.65 sq. miles
Wyoming: 97,813.59 sq. miles
Total: 487,513.49 sq. miles
History
1 February 2001: [West Pacific] Following the disappearance of the Armed Republic of Soviet Bloc, representatives from Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri meet to discuss joint ventures for security, trade, and water resources. Resulting treaty creates the Missouri Compact between those three regions.
15 March 2002: [West Pacific] Kansas joins the Missouri Compact.
1 January 2003: [West Pacific] Missouri Compact adds Colorado and Wyoming and becomes the Central Plains Common Market, free travel within member states is guaranteed, Unified Republic of Dakota declines membership in the compact.
1June 2005: [West Pacific] Iowa becomes the last member to approve the Aspen Accords which transforms the Central Plains Common Market into the Confederation of the Central Plains with Lincoln, NE as its capital, a unicameral Senate and strong regional governments.
12 August 2005: [West Pacific] Gabriel Martin is sworn in as the first President of the Confederation of the Central Plains, the day is remembered as Unification Day and is to date the only Confederate Holiday.

Hello folks. The above post is my approved claim from... a long as time ago I guess, pulled from the archive thread. I left due to a military mobilization to sunny and beautiful Afghanistan. I am wondering if I can get my claim back? I see that all my claimed lands are still available, and I can resume my intro thread. Of course, given that I made it about 1/10th of one percent of a baby step towards actually doing an true intro thread, I can understand if the members would prefer I start over, and quite frankly I would have no problem with that.

EDIT: My apologies, I was working off of the claims map, not the spreadsheet. Disregard this message, I will start looking at forming a new claim.
Last edited by West Pacific on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Layarteb wrote:Here's sort of a timeline of what we'll do [not set in stone yet]:

• June 13 - June 17: Commence reconstruction of Earth II History v,2
  • June 18: Present foundation of Earth II History v.2
  • June 19 - June 20: Member review
  • June 21 - July 22: Open submission of new hsitory, history revisions, edits, member review
  • July 23 - July 30: Integrate new history, review removed history from v.1 that could fit into v.2
  • July 31 - August 6: Member review
  • August 7 - August 10: Final review
  • August 11: Earth II History v.2 posted

If you do not have your history up-to-date to January 1, 2013 at the minimum by August 6 it won't be added until it is. Because of the scope of the project there will be no leniency with deadlines. If you cannot meet the deadline you will forfeit inclusion until after the fact, meaning that your history is subject to scrutiny to comply with standards and what not (i.e. if there's a conflict between you and someone else who is in there already; you lose).

When the time comes I am going to make a new thread for all of the history posts & stuff to keep the clutter out of here & when it is posted I will have a v.2 history thread so that v.1 isn't lost [I'll have the mods lock v.1].

LISTEN UP FOLKS

The revision is underway. I have posted the basic history, which is RomeW. Since he is technically the oldest member of Earth II (yes he's been here longer than I have) and his history is so stretching that it forms the basis. However, RomeW you are at liberty to modify it and I would love if you could put more specific dates in there (at least for the modern era [i.e. 1700 - Present] instead of just year generalities).

The thread

Click in for progress.

ALL HISTORY DISCUSSION WILL BE DONE THERE.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Klievan
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Klievan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Remember when I said that I didn't have the time to stay in Earth II, but there might be some day after I graduated when I could come back to this? I graduated a few weeks ago, and it looks like I have time now.

Will be working out the specifics soon. I'm interested in reviving the former Klievanian state based in Austria, but I'm not 100% sure on how it will all fit into that history revision that's happening now. RomeW and Italian Mafias, I'd be willing to discuss how my nation would fit in with your upcoming claims on Olmeria.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Okay the basic levels of history have been posted.

Mosey on over:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=246346

Member review is open but obviously this can go through the entire period but if you have any glaring errors point them out now before we open up submissions.
Last edited by Layarteb on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Earth_ Two wrote:I just did a very mini update as follows.

• Caturdays: Claims added, spreadsheet updated, welcome [post your intro]
  • RomeW: Claims added
  • The Interstellar Republic: Claims added, spreadsheet updated, thread added

^^ time for another one ^^
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Another one what?
Last edited by Caturdays on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 am

Caturdays wrote:Another one what?

Update suckah!
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:26 am

Klievan wrote:Will be working out the specifics soon. I'm interested in reviving the former Klievanian state based in Austria, but I'm not 100% sure on how it will all fit into that history revision that's happening now. RomeW and Italian Mafias, I'd be willing to discuss how my nation would fit in with your upcoming claims on Olmeria.

TG me and IM and let's get the discussion rolling. It may be a while before the thread I have gets to get off the ground.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:41 am

RomeW wrote:
Klievan wrote:Will be working out the specifics soon. I'm interested in reviving the former Klievanian state based in Austria, but I'm not 100% sure on how it will all fit into that history revision that's happening now. RomeW and Italian Mafias, I'd be willing to discuss how my nation would fit in with your upcoming claims on Olmeria.

TG me and IM and let's get the discussion rolling. It may be a while before the thread I have gets to get off the ground.

I put Olm's history in the history thread.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 am

Layarteb wrote:
RomeW wrote:

I put Olm's history in the history thread.

So now it can be a claim thread? :)

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:59 am

As y'all know, Cotland is at the forefront of technology and development in the world. As such, the following proposal was made when discussing the eventual replacement of Cottish nuclear ballistic submarines. The jury's still out on this one...

Khorsun
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Cotland wrote:As y'all know, Cotland is at the forefront of technology and development in the world. As such, the following proposal was made when discussing the eventual replacement of Cottish nuclear ballistic submarines. The jury's still out on this one...

Am I looking at a ballistic missile ekranoplan?
Hal Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum [The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation]
Rekhan Taneltar, Ankhazar and Sukaradar [Conqueror and Protector]
Wrath of the Resolute - Khorsuni War of Independence
The Wheel of Fire - Liberian Intervention and Showdown with Apilonia

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 pm

You most certainly are!

Khorsun
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:14 pm

While the concept and the drawing are sexy for sure, I'm not quite seeing the practical applications. Doesn't have the stealth or endurance of an SSBN, nor the speed of a bomber. How would you envision this used?
Hal Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum [The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation]
Rekhan Taneltar, Ankhazar and Sukaradar [Conqueror and Protector]
Wrath of the Resolute - Khorsuni War of Independence
The Wheel of Fire - Liberian Intervention and Showdown with Apilonia

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Khorsun wrote:While the concept and the drawing are sexy for sure, I'm not quite seeing the practical applications. Doesn't have the stealth or endurance of an SSBN, nor the speed of a bomber. How would you envision this used?

You evidently do not understand Cottactics... This thing will be more useful than the F-117 was during ODS.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:30 pm

@ Urbov Click me you'll love it. Fappery of Russian hardware.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents