NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:23 pm

• The Last Full Measure
    • Thread Owner: Terra Reborn
    • Classification: Story
    • Synopsis: Following vocal pressure to intervene following military action in 2014, the Empire of Apilonia takes a shot at resolving the situation in Cyrenaica. On the line is more than just the people of Cyrenaica, but the very future of Apilonia's foreign policy.
    • Miscellaneous Notes:
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Well I have now completed 2 of 4 documents of my history. There are still 96 pages to go. Work has been easy so I've been getting them in here and there. The March 31 deadline can stand still.

http://pastebin.com/sf3F9819

Take a peek if you want, it goes into the end of the Conquests, May 2006.
Last edited by Layarteb on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Hi No Moto
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hi No Moto » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:28 am

I hereby claim the following:

Papua New Guinea (Islands [New Britain])
Papua New Guinea (Islands [New Ireland])
Tonga

Also noticed East Timor on the available land spread-sheet but that should be already claimed by myself. Also Palawan is not on the spread-sheet & is not coloured in on the map. Should that be claimed by myself already as well?

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi No Moto wrote:I hereby claim the following:

Papua New Guinea (Islands [New Britain])
Papua New Guinea (Islands [New Ireland])
Tonga

Also noticed East Timor on the available land spread-sheet but that should be already claimed by myself. Also Palawan is not on the spread-sheet & is not coloured in on the map. Should that be claimed by myself already as well?

East Timor is part of your claim on the spreadsheet. As far as Palawan I remember that having been an occupation once upon a time. Perhaps it was a claim attempt that never panned out and so it was forfeited. If you have otherwise please show me the thread and I'll adjust.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Tolorian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolorian Empire » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Application for Full Membership

• Nation Name: Tolorian Empire
  • Demonym: Tolorian
  • Capital: Algiers
  • Independence or Founding Date: March 2, 1348
  • Population: 53,670,310
  • Official Language(s): Arabic
  • Government Type: Totalitarian Dictatorship
  • Head of State: Emperor Hosni Darzi
  • Head of Government: Minister Akeem Ahmed
  • Official Religion: Tolorian Panentheism
  • Largest Religion: Tolorian Panentheism
  • Constitution: Yes
  • Economy Type: Mixed Economy
  • Currency: Chang (Ç)
  • Summer Time: No
  • Calling Code: +213
  • Internet TLD: .jpg
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 12
  • Aircraft Registration Code: PA
  • Military Size: 932,000
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: Yes
    • Biological: Yes
    • Radiological: No
    • Nuclear: No
  • Examples of Previous RPs
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?:Was a member a while back
  • Real-Life Age: 17
  • Fluency in English: Native language
  • Land(s) Claiming:
    • Algeria
    • Tunisia
  • History Use US date system (month day, year); do not use st, nd, rd, or th.
    • October 22, 1341: [Tolorian] Explorers discover the land and bring settlers to settle the land.
    • March 2, 1348 : [Tolorian] The settlers are satisfied with the land and decide to become a nation. They draw up a constitution and on this day the Kingdom of Toloria began.
    • March 5, 1348 : [Tolorian] The first king of Toloria, Mohammed Vecto, is coronated.
    • February 6, 1445: [Tolorian] A revolution breaks out in Toloria and a new leader comes to power. His name was Ahmed Akhmed and he demanded to be known as emperor.
    • October 27, 1449 : [Tolorian] Akhmed flexes his military prowess and leads a conquest of the surrounding countries. He brings Tunisia, Niger, and Libya under his control.
    • September 16, 1515: [Tolorian] In the North African Insurrection, Tolorian territories rise up against Toloria and after four years of fighting are granted their independence.
    • March 16, 1964: [Tolorian] The reigning Emperor of Toloria passes the One God Act, which stated that the only religion allowed to be worshipped was panentheism and ordered the destruction of all mosques inside the country and prohibited the building of new mosques. This act met with strong opposition by surrounding countries.
    • August 20, 1987: [Tolorian] After years of open opposition to the One God Act, Tunisia sends an ultimatum to the Tolorian government and demands they repeal it or they will declare war on Toloria. Toloria declines to repeal it and Tunisia declares war on Toloria. The war lasts for several years until Tunisia surrenders. Toloria annexed Tunisia and extends the One God Act to the Tunisian land.
    • April 23, 1988: [Tolorian] Tunisians begin in open rebellion against the Tolorian government due to the One God Act. They take up arms against the government and try to repel them but the Tolorian forces puts down the rebellion.
    • November 11, 2014: [Tolorian] The Tolorian government holds a state dinner in the Capitol building in the capital city of Algiers.
    • November 11, 2014: [Tolorian] A plot to overthrow the reigning Emperor fails, and the Tolorian government claims that Niger was the cause of this.
    • November 24, 2014: [Tolorian] The Imperial Army invades Niger.
    • January 4, 2015: [Tolorian] Under the threat of an Apilonian intervention, the Emperor decides to withdraw all forces from Niger.
Last edited by Tolorian Empire on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 pm

You invade the NAR and your economy survives it?

Either way, I see no reason to reject this out of hand, welcome, neighbor. Go through the motions and get your intro up.
The Empire of the Etai
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Tolorian Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tolorian Empire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Estainia wrote:You invade the NAR and your economy survives it?

I didn't put it in the history, but the economy suffers because of the failure of the invasion. That part will be included in the RP.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't see where there was an invasion of NAR.
Also will there be a new RP or a resumption of the original given no claims have materialized and you're more or less submitting the same history/app?
Last edited by Layarteb on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Layarteb wrote:I don't see where there was an invasion of NAR.
Also will there be a new RP or a resumption of the original given no claims have materialized and you're more or less submitting the same history/app?

I mistook Niger and Nigeria, m'bad.
The Empire of the Etai

Tolorian Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tolorian Empire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:17 pm

If I have already talked to Apilonian about the outcome of this RP, then could I just go ahead and consider that a part of my established history, or would I need to complete the whole RP for it to be official?

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Tolorian Empire wrote:If I have already talked to Apilonian about the outcome of this RP, then could I just go ahead and consider that a part of my established history, or would I need to complete the whole RP for it to be official?

Iron out an agreeable end to the event between the relevant parties and you should be alright, double check with Layarteb, however.
The Empire of the Etai

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:12 am

Estainia wrote:
Tolorian Empire wrote:If I have already talked to Apilonian about the outcome of this RP, then could I just go ahead and consider that a part of my established history, or would I need to complete the whole RP for it to be official?

Iron out an agreeable end to the event between the relevant parties and you should be alright, double check with Layarteb, however.

No objections
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Layarteb wrote:
Layarteb wrote:Earth II's History 3.0 Project is finally upon us!

Please take a look at this link. I have deconstructed all of Earth II History and created separate files for each individual player, NPC, and former player of significance. There is a ZIP file within the DROPBOX folder that allows you to download every TXT file in case you want to view them all on your computer.

The goals of this project are threefold:

1) Clean up old and conflicting history
2) Add new history
3) Reform the core that is Roman history

The first step in our project is the review of individual histories. Please take some time and review your history entry for any errors or omissions within them or things you would like to change. You should also review those of NPCs that might be involved with your history as there will be entries there too. Do not fret if you see duplicate entries, this was an entirely manual process.

If you would like to make changes please submit them into the main thread as you would any regular history change form, which can be found here. You may submit changes to your nation or an NPC if it deals with your history as well. At best, use this opportunity to bring your history up-to-date, which is through the end of calendar year 2016.

All changes should be submitted by the end of the day on February 28, 2017. If there are no changes to submit just telegram me that you do not have any changes so I can check you off of the list. If you do not telegram me or submit changes, I will fit in your history accordingly and should there be conflicts, I will defer to my judgement. This date is a HARD DATE so please act accordingly. You will all receive this as a telegram as well.

So given that I still have ~200 pages of written history to put into TXT format I am pushing this deadline out one month to March 31, 2017 as I won't be finishing all of it between now and Tuesday evening.

May 31, 2017 is the new date. Still a lot of work on my part to do, especially with sorting out NPC conflicts.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Earth_ Two
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Earth_ Two » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Earth II
Latest Update

General Updates
  • Amigard
    • Due to deletion of NS account because of inactivity, this player has been removed along with all established and pending claims.
  • Irceni
    • [Post] Partial membership status added.
  • Marimaia
    • [Post] Spreadsheet updated accordingly and La Plata NPC updated.
    • [Post] Tuva transferred to Byzantium Imperium.
    • [Post] Thread added.
    • [Post] Claims added.
  • Temnorus
    • Due to deletion of NS account because of inactivity, this player has been removed along with all established and pending claims.
  • Terra Reborn
    • [Post] Thread added.
  • Tolorian Empire
    • [Post] Application accepted & membership added.
  • Valinor1
  • Yanitza
    • [Post] Partial membership status added.
    • [Post] Thread added.

Special Announcements
Service Announcement on History

Current Update : Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:14 pm [EDT]
Last Official Update: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:55 am [EST]
Page 130
Last edited by Earth_ Two on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:21 pm

I hereby stake an occupation in the territory that is Greece. A thread will be forthcoming for this occupation and yes I acknowledge immediate concerns given the power and presence of Achaea as established. Stay tuned for the thread.

The exceptions to this occupation are as follows:
  • Crete - established claim by myself
  • Lemnos & Agios Efstratios - established claim by myself
  • Rhodes - established claim by Terra Reborn
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Layarteb wrote:I hereby stake an occupation in the territory that is Greece. A thread will be forthcoming for this occupation and yes I acknowledge immediate concerns given the power and presence of Achaea as established. Stay tuned for the thread.

The exceptions to this occupation are as follows:
  • Crete - established claim by myself
  • Lemnos & Agios Efstratios - established claim by myself
  • Rhodes - established claim by Terra Reborn

Imperialism! Oppressive Imperialism! :o

Go for it, the Soviet media are gonna have a field day with this 8)

Tolorian Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tolorian Empire » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:22 pm

• The Burning Cloud
    • Thread Owner: Tolorian Empire
    • Classification: Story
    • Synopsis: After the failed attempt to bring Niger under Tolorian control, the economy hits recession, which does not sit well with the citizens. The government must act quick to prevent a civil war.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: This story will be told through the eyes of both government leaders and the Tolorian citizens. TG if interested to join.
Last edited by Tolorian Empire on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:41 pm

• Wrath of a Titan
    • Thread Owner: Layarteb
    • Classification: Occupation
    • Synopsis: With the Soviet Union's takeover of Marmara, the Empire finds itself playing a new strategy against the Red Menace, which takes it to Achaean Greece.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: None
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Yanitza
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Layarteb wrote:
  • Wrath of a Titan
    • Thread Owner: Layarteb
    • Classification: Occupation
    • Synopsis: With the Soviet Union's takeover of Marmara, the Empire finds itself playing a new strategy against the Red Menace, which takes it to Achaean Greece.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: None

Well the Balkans are definitely getting hot now.

-the Ukrainian SSR-
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby -the Ukrainian SSR- » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:10 am

Due to a genuine lack of interest, and rather than leave you all guessing, I unilaterally withdraw all my involvement with E2, I wish you all fun and luck in your future stories and apologize, I'm just too busy and not really feeling it. Bye.~
Рутенія [Rostil]
Basically? The Fascist Soviet Union

Do I offend you? Good, it means you have an opinion.
She/Her/They Pronouns - I write things

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:50 pm

-The Ukrainian SSR- wrote:Due to a genuine lack of interest, and rather than leave you all guessing, I unilaterally withdraw all my involvement with E2, I wish you all fun and luck in your future stories and apologize, I'm just too busy and not really feeling it. Bye.~

Right-o I'll just put Lacoze back to an NPC.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:31 pm

After a great deal of thought, and discussing the matter with the appropriate people, I have made the decision to follow in the footsteps of Marimaia and turn the Empire of Apilonia into an NPC state in order to take up the mantle of Rome. I have had a great deal of fun with the EoA, and it breaks my heart to lose it, however Rome has always been a fascination for me and I believe that it has far more options for me in the future going forward; the opportunity to restore Rome to glory is not one I can pass up.

I hope that players will not pick apart the EoA and will treat its history with respect, and that, ideally, a new player will at some point do the same.

As such the EoA should be turned into an NPC with the following (I am assuming all claim threads are thus abandoned)

• Nation Name: The Empire of Apilonia
  • Demonym: Apilonian
  • Capital: Karin City, Duchy of Alaska
  • Independence or Founding Date: "April 18, 1304 (1st Empire), March 23, 1981 (2nd Empire)"
  • Population: 600,000,000
  • Official Language(s): English
  • Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
  • Head of State: King Arthur I
  • Head of Government: James Alexander MP
  • Official Religion: None
  • Largest Religion: Roman Catholic
  • Constitution: Unwritten
  • Economy Type: Mixed
  • Currency: Imperial Pound
  • Summer Time: Yes
  • Calling Code: +6
  • Internet TLD: .IM
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 12
  • Military Size: 3,500,000
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: Y
    • Biological: Y
    • Radiological: Y
    • Nuclear: Y
  • Territories
    • Alaska
    • Alaska (Aleutian Islands [West])
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • Australia (Australian Capital Territory)
    • Australia (New South Wales)
    • Australia (Northern Territory)
    • Australia (Queensland)
    • Australia (South Australia)
    • Australia (Tasmania)
    • Australia (Victoria)
    • Australia (Western Australia)
    • Bahrain
    • California
    • Chile (Valparaíso Province)
    • Christmas Island
    • Cocos Islands
    • Colorado
    • Cyprus
    • East Timor (part)
    • Gibraltar
    • Greece (South Aegean [Rhodes])
    • Idaho
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Louisiana
    • Maldives
    • Malta
    • Minnesota
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Morocco (Tangier-Tétouan)
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Mexico
    • New Zealand (North Island)
    • New Zealand (South Island)
    • New Zealand (Stewart Island)
    • North Dakota
    • Oklahoma
    • Oregon
    • Sierra Leone
    • South Dakota
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Washington
    • Wyoming
    • Yukon
  • Economic Rating: Powerful
  • Military Rating: Powerful
  • Political Rating: Strong
  • Summary:

A new application for Rome will be up soon, likely under a different account, with an intro thread up tonight. My name on the IRC will also change from Api to SPQR.

Ave!
Last edited by Terra Reborn on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

The Roman Star Republic
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Roman Star Republic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:46 pm

As promised:

Application for Full Membership

• Nation Name: The Republic of Rome
  • Demonym: Roman
  • Capital: Rome
  • Independence or Founding Date: 753 BC (Original) 2017 AD (Refounded)
  • Population: 320,000,000
  • Official Language(s): Latin
  • Government Type: Republic
  • Head of State: Consul Gaius Dextrus Meridia & Consul Lucius Arrius Concessus
  • Head of Government: Consul Gaius Dextrus Meridia & Consul Lucius Arrius Concessus
  • Official Religion: Roman Pantheon
  • Largest Religion: Roman Pantheon
  • Constitution: Unwritten
  • Economy Type: Mixed
  • Currency: Roman Currency
  • Summer Time: No
  • Calling Code: +753
  • Internet TLD: .rom
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 24 Nautical Miles
  • Aircraft Registration Code: RR
  • Military Size: TO BE DETERMINED
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: Y
    • Biological: Y
    • Radiological: Y
    • Nuclear: Y
  • Examples of Previous RPs
    • Previous EII Member (Terra Reborn)
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: Originally a member of E2 as Terra Reborn (The Empire of Apilonia), wanted a new challenge and a new opportunity for plotlines.
  • Real-Life Age: 24
  • Fluency in English: Native Speaker
  • Land(s) Claiming:
    • Egypt 
    • Greece (part)
    • Italy
    • San Marino
    • South Sudan
    • Sudan
    • Switzerland
    • Vatican City
    • Canada (Alberta)
    • Canada (British Columbia)
    • Canada (Manitoba)
    • Canada (Ontario)
    • Canada (Saskatchewan)
  • History Use US date system (month day, year); do not use st, nd, rd, or th.
    • DATE: [TBC] TO BE ADDED
Last edited by The Roman Star Republic on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Roman Star Republic

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:55 pm

The Roman Star Republic wrote:*snip*

Oooooooh. Howdy, Aegean neighbour :)

Obviously I totally know where you're coming from with this. Sometimes a change is just what you need.

The Roman Star Republic
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Roman Star Republic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Indeed it is!

And I love Rome, it'll be good to play it in MT instead of FT (as you can tell from the nation name!)
The Roman Star Republic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents