NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khorsun
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 am

No pun intended, I'm assuming?
Hal Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum [The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation]
Rekhan Taneltar, Ankhazar and Sukaradar [Conqueror and Protector]
Wrath of the Resolute - Khorsuni War of Independence
The Wheel of Fire - Liberian Intervention and Showdown with Apilonia

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu May 16, 2013 9:53 am

There are no puns in Earth II.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 am

Sounds like a good first draft for a Decree XII. Studying my Abidjan maps on Google Earth. That's going to be a very interesting city to take down, with the big lagoon and all.

Btw Lay, in the takeover of the old Khorsun was Damian Raskalmin, the vice president you had overthrown, ever apprehended, or is he a fugitive? Could be interesting to have him turn up with links to the KZI.
Last edited by Khorsun on Thu May 16, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Thu May 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Khorsun, if you want some advice as to how to take the city I might be able to offer some up if you haven't thought of it yourself.

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Thu May 16, 2013 2:29 pm

My plan already includes a boating element. Was that what you were thinking?

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu May 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Khorsun wrote:Sounds like a good first draft for a Decree XII. Studying my Abidjan maps on Google Earth. That's going to be a very interesting city to take down, with the big lagoon and all.

Btw Lay, in the takeover of the old Khorsun was Damian Raskalmin, the vice president you had overthrown, ever apprehended, or is he a fugitive? Could be interesting to have him turn up with links to the KZI.

Nobody was considered a fugitive.

Takeover Thread
Last edited by Layarteb on Thu May 16, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Thu May 16, 2013 2:54 pm

I read through that before, he was ousted from power but his fate was sort of a loose end. I just wanted to know if he'd have been arrested or assassinated. Otherwise, I have a role in mind for him to play.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu May 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Khorsun wrote:I read through that before, he was ousted from power but his fate was sort of a loose end. I just wanted to know if he'd have been arrested or assassinated. Otherwise, I have a role in mind for him to play.

Have at eet
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 pm

From what I can tell from Google Maps is that the major problem with assaulting Abidjan would be there are a proverbial crap ton of small side streets in the northern section of the city(Around Banco National Forest), the National Forest in itself would be able to host a considerable side guerrilla force if you don't have FLIR, blowing the bridges of the middle section(the island? in the middle) could potentially halt your advance if you lack helicopters capable of transporting personnel and lack amphibious craft(but you have pointed out that you will have boats included in your plan. So the idea that popped in my head was to attack the middle island with a smallish group of soldiers from the sea(Using Vridi Canal) and both sides Lagune Ebrie in a night assault to attempt to draw forces out of the southern section(around the airport). The airport and the canal will be your next objective to gain control of. Using a significantly larger force than the token force in the middle island, you should take the airport using a combination of helicopters and ground forces coming in from the east, west, and the sea. Depending on how will your token force in the middle island did, you can advance into the northern district from the south while attacking with the rest of your forces from the north, east, and west.

I put the plan in the spoiler cause i didn't want to have a semi-wall of text just hanging about all the time.
Last edited by Caturdays on Thu May 16, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Ugh!

This is an OOC thread it doesn't matter paste away.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Thu May 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Fine!

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Thu May 16, 2013 7:49 pm

The nice thing about being guerrillas is that you don't necessarily have to assault the city from the outside in. Why not have some fighters shacking up with the city's Khorsuni minority ahead of time?

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Thu May 16, 2013 8:46 pm

That's true. Urban Guerrilla Warfare. I like it. The one thing I don't like about Urban Combat(When Attacking) though, I like realism, is that it is easy to divert you into a killbox due to the narrow streets. It's what happened in Mogadishu(Black Hawk Down).

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Fri May 17, 2013 4:01 am

What you should do (i.e. what I would do) is to have a main force (a division or three) attack the city from a flank along a wide front with ample reserves ready to move through and exploit whatever holes in the defences that appear, while air-assaulting a relatively small force into a blocking position along strategic positions in order to prevent enemy reinforcements from getting through to the main frontline and for creating distraction and havoc among the enemy's rear. Of course, this assumes that you have ample artillery/naval gunfire support and air support, or at the very least fight under a neutral sky. Oh, and you shouldn't be afraid to take casualties. Conventional military thinking dictate requiring to have at least three times the manpower that the enemy possess in order to have a decent chance of taking the city.

You should also consider using less conventional tactics in order to throw off the opponent, such as gas, threaten to flatten the city or use gas against the city unless they surrender peacefully, et cetera. Scare tactics have been used successfully in the past. The only downside is that you have to be prepared to follow up on your threats if they refuse to comply, so use cautiously.

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Fri May 17, 2013 8:26 am

All of that's true, but that's all from the perspective of a conventional military force. At the scale I'm working from, the idea of air support is laughable, naval gunfire will be RPGs/machine guns on motorboats, and scare tactics will be more along the lines of "we will rape each and every one of your female relatives and chop you entire family up with machetes and bayonets."

On the flip side, though, our opponents will be one of those tinpot Third World armies, something like the Democratic Republic of Congo's. Those kinds of armies aren't for fighting battles; they're for shaking down peasants and massacring civilians in any territory that rises up against them. The soldiers are paid little and irregularly, the training is a joke, discipline is a joke, just the whole logistics situation in general is obscenely inadequate, which is why these armies generally take to pillaging and extortion rackets on their own citizens.

When an army like that meets even a small contingent of disciplined, hardened warriors, it disintegrates. I'm not even talking about a US/Western unit here. The Malian Army lost half of its country to a few thousand hard line Islamist fighters and had to call for the French to save them. After the Rwandan Genocide, Laurent Nkunda with a small force of Tutsis ought for vengeance drove tens of thousands of the Hutu militiamen who'd been slaughtering their kin out of the country with ease. The M23 rebel group, well-trained and well-armed, more or less waltzed into Goma, a city in the DRC of a million people, and took it over within days with a force of 1,000-2,000 fighters, who routed any Congolese Army units they came across almost effortlessly.

The only serious units the Republic of West Africa I'm facing will be able to field are a single armored brigade, some special forces, and a Republican Guard type outfit that have all had some training from another country's armed forces (open to volunteers for that by the way, anyone who'd have had an interest in stabilizing West Africa would have had the motive for that). The rest of the army will be the kind I described above, who will most likely retaliate by finding Khorsuni civilians somewhere far away from he front lines to rape and kill, rather than risk fighting the guerrillas in a head-to-head battle.

Layarteb or Cotland, do you guys recall what kind of gear the Hirgizstani military used? Some ill-maintained leftovers of that will probably arm a lot of the West African army that I'm going to overthrow.

United States of Brink
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brink » Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Better watch how you go about this...

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri May 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Afreeka yay!
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Sat May 18, 2013 3:00 pm

One question: do we have a Caliph in Earth II? If not, would anyone complain if I created him?
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pm

/me has been doing a lot of write-ups for IIwiki lately. I am almost done with all of the aircraft and by almost maybe a little over half-way. If you want to peak in check here.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 pm

So I'm looking at maybe one post for Erebus and one post for Fed to the Wolves before the weekend and then I am going West of the Wall, literally, until next week.

If you happen to be curious what that means, search my posts for it, it's a simple concept concerning my borders.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Banjamos
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Banjamos » Tue May 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Been kind of buried, a post is forthcoming in Luxembourg.
Earth II
The Official Twitter Feed of the Banjamo Office of Foreign Affairs (E2)
Seperates wrote:Nebraska.- We're seceding!
U.S.- That's k, just give us our nukes and we'll go.
N.- Back off or I'll bore you to death with my cornfields!
U.S.- *stares... then just breaks down laughing*
N.- Was it something I said?

Tropic Brown Granite wrote:I gave a quote on a new granite counter top. It was both a win and a fail. Lost the girlfriend, gained a customer.

Disclaimer: The views of Banjamos are not necessarily my own.

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Fri May 24, 2013 11:43 am

So in a few posts (wrapping up the climax and falling action of Pravda) my claim for Tuva, Khabarovsk, and Sakha will be complete.

That means Russia is finally mostly unified about four years after I started.

EDIT: Which means I'm going to start writing the long promised Organizational Thread where I outline exactly how Russia works, what factions there are within the government, and other fun stuff. This thread will have zero action aside from meetings in various cities and for the purpose of easy narration will follow a Junior Aide to the President of the Russian Union State who is compiling a grand report to deliver to the Council of People's Representatives on May 1.
Last edited by URBOV on Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gliskor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gliskor » Fri May 24, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm back, tired and drained but with a healthy(-er) mother! I'll be posting in the next couple days, sorry for the delay all
"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed May 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Okay so I'm back on this side of the Wall.

In the meantime I see that we've lost three players. This invalidates the current claims by both Alliance offree people and Olmeria.

At the same time we lost Helissa too.

Now Helissa has no history so that land is immediately open to claim & Alliance offree people is open as well. Olmeria, on the other hand, I have to do some exit history for him so that land, while open, needs at least a few days for me to make up the exit history and back story, like Edvardus, like Bavin, like Amigard, like etc.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 am

Does this mean I can retake the capital cities and make Algeria whole again?
Last edited by Caturdays on Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents