NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat May 14, 2016 6:09 pm

Final Fantasy X is now on Steam - spread the word!

It's bundled with X-2 and it's a 34GB download but IT'S ON STEAM!
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat May 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Layarteb wrote:Hello all - opinion time. So with Estainia/Dalmasce working on the Roman history (yes I know we promised this ages ago but life is a thing) we'll have to certainly redo all of the history. Now this doesn't mean any of you have to resubmit your history en masse, I promise you this. We will of course review for conflicts and address those individually but I don't see this being a major problem so you need not worry about it.

What you do need to worry about is giving your opinion on the formatting - more importantly the layout - of the history.

At present this history is laid out as such:

• January 2012: [Yanitza] In an effort to halt the violence spreading across the country, military commanders in much of Senegambia impose strict control over the population, attempting to regulate movement of goods and people.
  • January 1, 2012: [Alliance ofFree People] During President Thorn's New Year's Day speech, he announces the development of a new constitution and calls for the nation's name to be changed from that of Federal States of America to United States of Federal America in an effort to emphasize the united nature of the Federal States.
  • January 2, 2012: [Itailian Maifias] In the wake of the agreement and in fear of a possible Olmerian expansion on her western borders, Dutch ground troops partake in a massive incursion into French nationalistic territory in what is dubbed Operation Rose Garden with the objective of securing all major cities in former Parisian territory.
  • January 3, 2012: [Birea, Dalmasce] A massacre occurs in southern Dalmasca in the township of Haira. The perpetrators are unknown but the Birean Empire, which the township sat close to, is suspected.
  • January 3, 2012: [Itailian Maifias] The 62nd Mannheim Division begins the assault on the city of Rennes, a central part of Operation Rose Garden. Concurrently, assaults also begin on Nantes and other surrounding settlements.
  • January 4, 2012: [Itailian Maifias] Rennes and Nantes, as well as major roads and settlements leading and around to them are secured by Dutch forces and the forces readjust to prepare for an assault on Paris, the last remaining "rebel" city.
  • January 5, 2012: [Amigard] After one year, the weak, civilian government in Egypt is overthrown and a military junta is put in place.
  • January 5, 2012: [Layarteb] Integration of the Solomon Islands, Bougainville in Papua New Guinea, and Hawaii into the Western Republic is complete.

We go by date and if there are multiple entries on a single date we go alphabetically by the player. This is fine for now but I feel as if it can get rather muddled. So would you prefer we stay with this method or go to something like this:

• January 2012:
    • [Yanitza] In an effort to halt the violence spreading across the country, military commanders in much of Senegambia impose strict control over the population, attempting to regulate movement of goods and people.
  • January 1, 2012:
    • [Alliance ofFree People] During President Thorn's New Year's Day speech, he announces the development of a new constitution and calls for the nation's name to be changed from that of Federal States of America to United States of Federal America in an effort to emphasize the united nature of the Federal States.
  • January 2, 2012:
    • [Itailian Maifias] In the wake of the agreement and in fear of a possible Olmerian expansion on her western borders, Dutch ground troops partake in a massive incursion into French nationalistic territory in what is dubbed Operation Rose Garden with the objective of securing all major cities in former Parisian territory.
  • January 3, 2012:
    • [Birea, Dalmasce] A massacre occurs in southern Dalmasca in the township of Haira. The perpetrators are unknown but the Birean Empire, which the township sat close to, is suspected.
    • [Itailian Maifias] The 62nd Mannheim Division begins the assault on the city of Rennes, a central part of Operation Rose Garden. Concurrently, assaults also begin on Nantes and other surrounding settlements.
  • January 4, 2012:
    • [Itailian Maifias] Rennes and Nantes, as well as major roads and settlements leading and around to them are secured by Dutch forces and the forces readjust to prepare for an assault on Paris, the last remaining "rebel" city.
  • January 5, 2012:
    • [Amigard] After one year, the weak, civilian government in Egypt is overthrown and a military junta is put in place.
    • [Layarteb] Integration of the Solomon Islands, Bougainville in Papua New Guinea, and Hawaii into the Western Republic is complete.

The pros and cons of this new format as I see them are as follows:
PRO: One colored entry per date to make it stand out more, clean progression of happenings
CON: More code (there are actually 50 more characters in the second method than the first), larger spacing between dates due to the internal lists (though this could be a PRO if your eyes prefer this)

Naturally if you have other suggestions outside of what is here voice them please.

^^ looking for more feedback FYI
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Tolorian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolorian Empire » Sat May 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Layarteb wrote:
Layarteb wrote:Hello all - opinion time. So with Estainia/Dalmasce working on the Roman history (yes I know we promised this ages ago but life is a thing) we'll have to certainly redo all of the history. Now this doesn't mean any of you have to resubmit your history en masse, I promise you this. We will of course review for conflicts and address those individually but I don't see this being a major problem so you need not worry about it.

What you do need to worry about is giving your opinion on the formatting - more importantly the layout - of the history.

At present this history is laid out as such:

• January 2012: [Yanitza] In an effort to halt the violence spreading across the country, military commanders in much of Senegambia impose strict control over the population, attempting to regulate movement of goods and people.
  • January 1, 2012: [Alliance ofFree People] During President Thorn's New Year's Day speech, he announces the development of a new constitution and calls for the nation's name to be changed from that of Federal States of America to United States of Federal America in an effort to emphasize the united nature of the Federal States.
  • January 2, 2012: [Itailian Maifias] In the wake of the agreement and in fear of a possible Olmerian expansion on her western borders, Dutch ground troops partake in a massive incursion into French nationalistic territory in what is dubbed Operation Rose Garden with the objective of securing all major cities in former Parisian territory.
  • January 3, 2012: [Birea, Dalmasce] A massacre occurs in southern Dalmasca in the township of Haira. The perpetrators are unknown but the Birean Empire, which the township sat close to, is suspected.
  • January 3, 2012: [Itailian Maifias] The 62nd Mannheim Division begins the assault on the city of Rennes, a central part of Operation Rose Garden. Concurrently, assaults also begin on Nantes and other surrounding settlements.
  • January 4, 2012: [Itailian Maifias] Rennes and Nantes, as well as major roads and settlements leading and around to them are secured by Dutch forces and the forces readjust to prepare for an assault on Paris, the last remaining "rebel" city.
  • January 5, 2012: [Amigard] After one year, the weak, civilian government in Egypt is overthrown and a military junta is put in place.
  • January 5, 2012: [Layarteb] Integration of the Solomon Islands, Bougainville in Papua New Guinea, and Hawaii into the Western Republic is complete.

We go by date and if there are multiple entries on a single date we go alphabetically by the player. This is fine for now but I feel as if it can get rather muddled. So would you prefer we stay with this method or go to something like this:

• January 2012:
    • [Yanitza] In an effort to halt the violence spreading across the country, military commanders in much of Senegambia impose strict control over the population, attempting to regulate movement of goods and people.
  • January 1, 2012:
    • [Alliance ofFree People] During President Thorn's New Year's Day speech, he announces the development of a new constitution and calls for the nation's name to be changed from that of Federal States of America to United States of Federal America in an effort to emphasize the united nature of the Federal States.
  • January 2, 2012:
    • [Itailian Maifias] In the wake of the agreement and in fear of a possible Olmerian expansion on her western borders, Dutch ground troops partake in a massive incursion into French nationalistic territory in what is dubbed Operation Rose Garden with the objective of securing all major cities in former Parisian territory.
  • January 3, 2012:
    • [Birea, Dalmasce] A massacre occurs in southern Dalmasca in the township of Haira. The perpetrators are unknown but the Birean Empire, which the township sat close to, is suspected.
    • [Itailian Maifias] The 62nd Mannheim Division begins the assault on the city of Rennes, a central part of Operation Rose Garden. Concurrently, assaults also begin on Nantes and other surrounding settlements.
  • January 4, 2012:
    • [Itailian Maifias] Rennes and Nantes, as well as major roads and settlements leading and around to them are secured by Dutch forces and the forces readjust to prepare for an assault on Paris, the last remaining "rebel" city.
  • January 5, 2012:
    • [Amigard] After one year, the weak, civilian government in Egypt is overthrown and a military junta is put in place.
    • [Layarteb] Integration of the Solomon Islands, Bougainville in Papua New Guinea, and Hawaii into the Western Republic is complete.

The pros and cons of this new format as I see them are as follows:
PRO: One colored entry per date to make it stand out more, clean progression of happenings
CON: More code (there are actually 50 more characters in the second method than the first), larger spacing between dates due to the internal lists (though this could be a PRO if your eyes prefer this)

Naturally if you have other suggestions outside of what is here voice them please.

I think the second option seems cleaner than the first option

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Sun May 15, 2016 5:34 am

Layarteb wrote:
Layarteb wrote:*snip*

I prefer the second option as well. I find it easier on the eyes.

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sun May 15, 2016 8:25 am

I concur with the esteemed fellow players in that the second option looks the best. It'll be a bitch to convert everything though.... :)

Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun May 15, 2016 10:49 am

I agree, second option definitely looks preferable.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun May 15, 2016 4:04 pm

All right so we're definitely going with route #2.

When Est/Dal finishes the Rome history and I begin to reapply it all I'll get to making it all in that format. It'll take some time and I'll probably roll it out in segments.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Amigard
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Amigard » Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 am

With my most recent newswire post regarding Israel, it is my intent to eventually make Israel an NPC state that remains under the protection of Amigard, though no longer technically a part of my nation. I’m hoping to have this take effect by the end of the year.
"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray; O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."

Earth II Earth II Factbook
Amigard's Battle Prayer

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed May 18, 2016 10:43 am

Amigard wrote:With my most recent newswire post regarding Israel, it is my intent to eventually make Israel an NPC state that remains under the protection of Amigard, though no longer technically a part of my nation. I’m hoping to have this take effect by the end of the year.

You should totally let the pagans provide security for Israel. Let's face it they're the only ones not vying for a piece of it for religious purposes.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Amigard
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amigard » Wed May 18, 2016 10:55 am

Maybe this provides an opportunity for an RP/thread with the various nations basically having a conference to discuss Israel and how it is going to be handled? Amigard would definitely not want a situation in which foreign troops occupy, or are stationed in Israel in any capacity (and really that is the point of Israel's move to secede because it doesn't really want Amigard troops there either); Amigard would have a vested interest in ensuring that foreign troops are stationed in such a strategic location though. I would like to see Israel with its own standing army that is responsible for its own security, but which is supported by Amigard and possibly others to ensure that it remains independent. Amigard is likely to maintain close diplomatic, cultural and economic ties with Israel, but I don't think that, given the direction Amigard is going, it makes sense for Israel to remain a subsidiary of my nation.
Last edited by Amigard on Wed May 18, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray; O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."

Amigard's Battle Prayer

Amigard
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Amigard » Wed May 18, 2016 11:06 am

Or maybe if we could put out a call to International Incident land to see if we can get someone to come join E2 and play Israel, preferably someone with an understanding of what they would want a "Jewish State" to look like, who isn't going to just come in and find a way to remove Israel or make it part of a larger nation/empire (unless they somehow do that IC).

Amigard's Battle Prayer

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed May 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Amigard wrote:Maybe this provides an opportunity for an RP/thread with the various nations basically having a conference to discuss Israel and how it is going to be handled? Amigard would definitely not want a situation in which foreign troops occupy, or are stationed in Israel in any capacity (and really that is the point of Israel's move to secede because it doesn't really want Amigard troops there either); Amigard would have a vested interest in ensuring that foreign troops are stationed in such a strategic location though. I would like to see Israel with its own standing army that is responsible for its own security, but which is supported by Amigard and possibly others to ensure that it remains independent. Amigard is likely to maintain close diplomatic, cultural and economic ties with Israel, but I don't think that, given the direction Amigard is going, it makes sense for Israel to remain a subsidiary of my nation.

I was only half serious. It would be a religious nightmare to put pagans in charge of Christians, Jews, and Muslim holy lands. It would be hilarious but a nightmare. EoL would have to quell the resistance with large and highly visible campaigns of destruction so obviously not the best of ideas. We would however put a rapid response force nearby since well 40% of our nation believes in that Jesus guy.

Amigard wrote:Or maybe if we could put out a call to International Incident land to see if we can get someone to come join E2 and play Israel, preferably someone with an understanding of what they would want a "Jewish State" to look like, who isn't going to just come in and find a way to remove Israel or make it part of a larger nation/empire (unless they somehow do that IC).

I certainly wouldn't have any objections with this whatsoever.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Earth_ Two
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Earth_ Two » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:16 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

In light of Dalmasce's internet difficulties and work commitments in getting the RomeW history revised I am initiating the following conditions to the release of all RomeW held lands.

• Rules for thread activity, posting requirements, et cetera will be adhered to rigidly as set in the rules and without leeway to ensure impartial fairness to all
  • Claims must be complete entities or complete, well-defined subdivisions that can be properly drawn on maps
  • The modern history below is for 1912+ and it is to be adhered to rigidly as presented
  • History before 1912 will be sured up when the history is finished with Dalmasce and thus it cannot be speculated or referenced against at this present time
  • New claims or threads cannot be backdated before the most recent history entry below (7/6/15)
  • For the claim to count, it must be completed IN FULL, and have full and thorough history entries accompanying it upon completion

Dissolution of Rome
  • July 3, 2015: [RomeW] A country-wide referendum is held asking voters whether to back dissolution of the Roman Empire and independence statehood for its provinces or not. In every province, the referendum is approved by a margin of 75% to 86% with the highest being in Canada.
  • July 4, 2015: [RomeW] Emperor Valerius IV Madeira steps down as Emperor of Rome following the July 3rd Referendum. The Roman Empire officially dissolves into nine new countries: Achaea (Egypt, Greece, Sicily, South Italy), Campania (Abruzzo, Campania), Canada (Alberta, Roman/British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan), Rhaetia (Switzerland), the Roman Republic (Latium), Sardinia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Venetia (North Italy). The new states pledge to have elections before the end of 2018 and all, with the exception of Canada, opt to join the Virtue organization.
  • July 5, 2015: [RomeW] Alexia Comnenus is crowned as Empress of Achaea. In this position she is considered the most powerful leader of pro-Virtue states.
  • July 6, 2015: [Layarteb, RomeW] With the dissolution of the Roman Empire, the Empire of Layarteb assumes administrative control over Alert on Ellesmere Island and Sanibel Island in Florida before entering into discussions with Prime Minister Vincent Palmerston of Canada about the future of these areas. The Empire of Layarteb and Canada move to carry on the historical alliance between Rome and Layarteb.

Annexation of Switzerland
  • February 2014: [Lacoze, RomeW] A new movement arises in Switzerland called the "Rhaetian Independence Movement." They seek to split from modern Lacoze and reunite as a province of the Roman Empire.
  • March 7, 2014: [Lacoze, RomeW] Hans Licht, a lawyer from Geneva, becomes the de facto leader of the Rhaetian Independence Movement. He gives a speech speaking in English, French, German, and Italian fluently during various parts of the speech, which is given in the city's square to a crowd of several thousand. The Lacozen government conspires to set up a false flag operation tying Licht to a bombing to brand him and the organization as terrorists.
  • March 9, 2014: [Lacoze, RomeW] The Swiss government calls for a referendum on independence from Lacoze, as guaranteed in the Lacozen constitution. Later that day, a bomb goes off in downtown Geneva. Police, using eyewitness testimony, arrest Licht and accuse him of terrorism.
  • March 11, 2014: [Lacoze, RomeW] A former Roman-Canadian FBI agent named Jason Gideon along with Pietro Guari, a Geneva detector, go live on Rhaetian Independence Movement websites proclaiming that the March 9th bombing was a setup. This immediately incenses and validates the Rhaetian Independence Movement. As a result, Licht is freed by the Swiss police.
  • March 13, 2014: [Lacoze, RomeW] The Swiss Independence Referendum is held with 71% voting in favor of independence. Hans Licht is declared the interim President. The Lacozen government is forced to accept the independence of Switzerland.
  • April 1, 2014: [RomeW] Switzerland, renamed Rhaetia, officially allows itself to be annexed into the Roman Empire.

Claim of Greece - TBD as Greece is "Ancient"
  • February 3, 2014: [RomeW] Alexia Comnenus is appointed as the new Roman governor of Egypt & Greece.

Annexation of Egypt & Sudan
  • January - March 2013: [RomeW] The Roman government uncovers an international criminal syndicate with links to Muslim terrorists in Egypt wishing to assassinate the Pope.
  • March 25 - July 1, 2013: [RomeW] Roman military forces attack and invade Egypt and begin a lengthy campaign to defeat the sitting Egyptian government as well as the international syndicate based there. The fight ultimately takes the Roman military through Sudan and into South Sudan, securing all three states by July 2013, annexing them into the greater Roman Empire. During the campaign, the sovreignty of San Marino is revoked and it becomes a full-fledged part of the Roman Empire.

Generic History
  • Summer 1912 - Winter 1915: [RomeW] The Roman Empire wages "the Great African Campaign" in a bid to annex Cameroon. Roman forces secure Yaoundé early on in the campaign but take until winter 1915 to defeat the last tribes resistant to Roman rule.
  • January 12, 1919: [RomeW] Keylusus II is declared Emperor of Rome and within 30 days he announces universal suffrage to all people across the entire Roman Empire. He also announces that all positions, including the position of Emperor, shall be eligible only through election.
  • January 12, 1927: [RomeW] Emperor Keylusus II wins the first modern election. He declares that elections shall be held once every six years. This is the first of 11 terms that he will serve as Roman Emperor, making him one of the longest serving Roman Emperors.
  • Spring 1933: [RomeW] Emperor Keylusus II announces the creation of the Imperial Highway System in both European and Canadian lands. The Imperial Highway System aims to create massive interstate highways connecting all parts of these Roman areas. In the wake of this decision, the economic growth of the Roman Empire explodes to unseen levels spurring a major modernization of the Roman Empire.
  • Summer 1936: [Layarteb, RomeW] The Imperial Highway System in Canada is officially connected to Layartebian interstates inciting a new era of international trade between the two nations.
  • Year 1941 - 1950: [RomeW] Emperor Keylusus II heads a number of Roman diplomatic missions abroad, negotiating peace in many conflicts. This leads him and the Roman Empire to gain a reputation for being the world's predominant peacemaker and the era is called "the Decade of Peace."
  • Year 1950 - Year 1960: [RomeW] Due to the Decade of Peace, immigration to the Roman Empire begins to grow exponentially. However by the late 1950s, conditions throughout the Roman Empire are problematic leading to a growing, anti-immigrant sentiment.
  • October 8, 1956: [RomeW] Cameroon is given independence peacefully, Emperor Keylusus II uses the moment to speak out against imperialism.
  • Winter - Summer 1962: [RomeW] A series of race riots erupt throughout the Roman Empire. Incited by immigrant populations in largely immigrant-occupied areas, the race riots are a response to anti-immigrant sentiments among native Romans. This leads Emperor Keylusus II to pass tough anti-discrimination laws.
  • Summer 1967: [Layarteb, RomeW] The Roman Empire experiences "the Summer of Love" as a social phenomenon, largely in response to a similar phenomenon in the Republic of Layarteb. It is characterized by a lack of sexual and social inhibition, drug use, and hippies but unlike in Layarteb, the anti-war sentiment of the Venezuelan War is largely absent in Rome. Instead, the biggest protest sentiments call for legalization of homosexuality and an end to capital punishment.
  • Summer 1969: [RomeW] Despite the Summer of Love in 1967, Emperor Keylusus II refuses to end the ban on homosexuality or to end capital punishment.
  • March 15, 1984: [RomeW] Emperor Keylusus II announces that the entire Roman Empire will be united by a public transit system known as the Imperial Transit System, with service extending to areas not previously served by existing services. All existing transit agencies are merged into the single, federal agency.
  • Summer - Autumn 1989: [RomeW] Public outcry reaches a peak after the death of Gnaeus Tarsus at the Flavian Amphitheater during a lion attack. Gnaeus Tarsus had been a convicted serial killer whose punishment was to be in the ring with the lions, harkening back to ancient times. Despite Emperor Keylusus II's affirmation of the death sentence, many of Rome's governmental leaders express disagreement with the sentence and begin to switch sides to support an end to capital punishment. Emperor Keylsus II ultimately stands firm on maintaining capital punishment.
  • January 12, 1993: [RomeW] Paul XII is elected as the new Emperor of Rome to replace Emperor Keylusus who retired from Roman politics after 11 consecutive terms as Emperor of Rome.
  • January 1995: [RomeW] Emperor Paul XII announces social reform. In these reforms, he legalizes marijuana and homosexuality. Capital punishment is also banned throughout the Roman Empire. This upsets many social conservatives in the Roman Empire but the overwhelming support from the younger generations sees that these reforms pass.
  • June 1998: [RomeW] Rampant public spending by Emperor Paul XII leads the Roman leader to call for a 71% income tax rate, which narrowly passes in the Roman Senate. This will be his undoing in the following election.
  • January 12, 1999: [RomeW] Rodin Hartian rides the wave of voter discontent in the wake of rampant public spending and a 71% income tax rate to become the new Emperor of Rome.
  • January 2003: [RomeW] In a bid to reform the Roman Empire, Emperor Rodin Hartian proposes the establishment of a Roman Confederacy but his proposal is defeated in the Roman Senate and it fails to garner much public support.
  • January 12, 2005: [RomeW] Valerius IV Maderia is elected as the new Emperor of Rome.
  • January 2009: [RomeW] In a speech given to the entire Roman Empire, Emperor Valerius IV Maderia announces that the Roman Empire shall adopt an isolationist policy with regards to conflict throughout the world.
Last edited by Earth_ Two on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valinor1
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valinor1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Application for Full Membership

• Nation Name: The Republic of Rome
  • Demonym: Roman
  • Capital: Rome
  • Independence or Founding Date: March 15, 2016
  • Population: 268,092,281
  • Official Language(s): Latin, English
  • Government Type: Republic
  • Head of State: Consul Aurius Osius Belluso
  • Head of Government: Consul Aurius Osius Belluso
  • Official Religion: Hellenism (Roman Pantheon)
  • Largest Religion: Hellenism (Roman Pantheon)
  • Constitution: Yes
  • Economy Type: Free Market
  • Currency: Roman Currency (R) (Augustan Denotations)
  • Summer Time: No
  • Calling Code: +753
  • Internet TLD: .rom
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 24
  • Aircraft Registration Code: RR
  • Military Size: 500,000 (At the time of founding)
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: Y
    • Biological: Y
    • Radiological: Y
    • Nuclear: Y
  • Examples of Previous RPs
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: Incredibly interested in the diverse world the group exists in and looking to resume writing in a modern setting since my termination of membership in a region
  • Real-Life Age: 20
  • Fluency in English: Primary Language
  • Land(s) Claiming:
    • Egypt
    • Greece (part)
    • Italy
    • San Marino
    • South Sudan
    • Sudan
    • Switzerland
    • Vatican City
    • Canada (Alberta)
    • Canada (British Columbia)
    • Canada (Manitoba)
    • Canada (Ontario)
    • Canada (Saskatchewan)
  • History Use US date system (month day, year); do not use st, nd, rd, or th.
    • November 7, 2015: [Valinor1] Following what has been labelled the Roman Interregnum and the splitting of the Roman Commonwealth, several groups in the now forcibly fractured states have grown dis-satisfied with the current chaotic structure, specifically those within the Rome Republic which consists of north and central Italy. Senator Aurius Osius Belluso forms a league in favor of the reunification of the Commonwealth and historical Roman lands, and recruits Aucius Orius Cerusea who is a fellow Senator to head up this cause. The two begin to try to recruit other senators and gain political leverage to support their cause
    • December 12, 2015: [Valinor1] Campanian interim government is swayed by Cerusea, a native Campanian, to reunify with the Roman Republic and Venetian officials do the same motive, reunifying northern and central Italy under a single state - key senators joined to Belluso's cause meet at a summit in Ravenna on the Solstice to discuss further actions for the group and how to gain additional leverage. Belluso makes several visits to Sardinia and Rhaetia to win support there in public, and private, actions.
    • February 11, 2016: [Valinor1] Rhaetian and Sardinian officials are convinced to pass legislation reunifying their lands with that of the Roman Republic - at this point the Republic now consists of most of Italy, Switzerland and Sardinia. The Empress of Achaea, Alexia Comnenus, is in opposition to these actions and begins public actions decrying the "diplomatic conquests of the tyrant Belluso", and it becomes clear to the Romans that Achaea would not rejoin the union without a fight, and because of this, South Sudanese and Sudanese officials refuse to commit to a side due to be stranded from support from Rome. Belluso contacts the Layartebian government to repair the damages by Emperor Valerian II and to seek aid against Achaea
    • February 21, 2016: [Valinor1] Senator Belluso recruits Legate Kaseo Piliana Cyprato, a middle ranking general officer in command of Legio XV Italia, to his cause; the Roman military was in large disarray following the dissolution of the Commonwealth, commanders and their units defected to sides they chose due to offered bribes, bonuses and rewards and the Roman forces at this point were small. Cyprato manages to convince two other Legates to defect with two other Legions to the Republic and Belluso and him prepare for the eventual fight against Achaea.
    • March 15, 2016: [Valinor1] The Roman Republic officially passes legislation declaring it the "true Roman state" and the successor to the Commonwealth with the mission to reunite the more then two millennium old state; Belluso thanks to political maneuvering is elected as it's first Consul and the Republic formally passes legislation establishing a solid political framework in Republic traditions, like their ancestors many centuries ago, and also issues an ultimatium to the Achaean Province to reunify with the union and for Empress Comnenus to surrender to face criminal charges within three days.
    • March 18, 2016: [Valinor1] Four hours before Consul Belluso's demand expires, Achaean forces launch a raid across the border with Rome in southern Italy, beginning the War of Roman Reunification.
Last edited by Valinor1 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:48 pm

The application for Valinor1 is conditionally approved. Full approval warrants the posting of a thread within 96 hours of this post. Upon posting said thread and posting the announcement in this thread, the application will reach full approval automatically.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Valinor1
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valinor1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 pm

• Fury and Words
    • Thread Owner: Valinor1
    • Classification: Claim, Story
    • Synopsis: Aurius Osius Belluso and his political ally Aucius Orius Cerusea attempt to undo the damages of a madman that threw the world's oldest state into chaos and prepare to battle their enemies on numerous fronts - both on the Senate floor, and on the field of battle
    • Miscellaneous Notes: This thread will feature the re-unification of the Roman Empire/Commonwealth into the Roman Republic, like of old; if you'd like to get into the story, please message me and let's see if we can figure something out. Right now, only confirmed actor will be Layarteb, but the room is open for more just please don't be ridiculous with it.

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:30 am

Valinor1 wrote:
  • Fury and Words
    • Synopsis: Aurius Osius Belluso and his political ally Aucius Orius Cerusea attempt to undo the damages of a madman that threw the world's oldest state into chaos and prepare to battle their enemies on numerous fronts - both on the Senate floor, and on the field of battle
    • Miscellaneous Notes: This thread will feature the re-unification of the Roman Empire/Commonwealth into the Roman Republic, like of old; if you'd like to get into the story, please message me and let's see if we can figure something out. Right now, only confirmed actor will be Layarteb, but the room is open for more just please don't be ridiculous with it.

I must admit, I'm torn about getting involved. I haven't read anything about the various states leaving Virtue so La Plata would have tremendous concerns about fellow Virtue member-states going to war with each other, nevermind the fact that the Empire of Layarteb is apparently going to be directly interfering in that conflict. There aren't many members of Virtue and it would be a massive slap in the face to the others if the Roman Republic went outside the organisation for assistance.

That being said, La Plata can be bought off. Primarily because the drug cartel behind the Platinean government is headed by a guy who really, really dislikes Alexia. We'll sort something out.
Last edited by Marimaia on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:46 am

Marimaia wrote:
Valinor1 wrote:
  • Fury and Words

I must admit, I'm torn about getting involved. I haven't read anything about the various states leaving Virtue so La Plata would have tremendous concerns about fellow Virtue member-states going to war with each other, nevermind the fact that the Empire of Layarteb is apparently going to be directly interfering in that conflict. There aren't many members of Virtue and it would be a massive slap in the face to the others if the Roman Republic went outside the organisation for assistance.

That being said, La Plata can be bought off. Primarily because the drug cartel behind the Platinean government is headed by a guy who really, really dislikes Alexia. We'll sort something out.

My involvement will be small quite honestly. Despite the shift in leadership and this obvious thwack at Alexia - who the EoL despises just the same - we see this issue as a Roman problem. When it ventures into being a Layartebian problem we do what we always do, involve ourselves. Of course, for official record, I'm claiming no territory whatsoever out of Rome and I plan to ensure Sanibel Island and Alert go back to Valinor from my "administrative control."
Last edited by Layarteb on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Valinor1
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valinor1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:50 am

Marimaia wrote:
Valinor1 wrote:
  • Fury and Words

Man, does anyone like Alexia? ;)

As it stands for the moment, Consul Belluso makes no plans on leaving Virture; we made an obligation and Romans don't just fall back on those, we fulfill them. That said, we contacted Layarteb for a number of reasons over closer Virture states - I don't know the status of your armed forces, but I have read up on Khorsun's and your militaries do not seem built for rapid long deployments and you're on the other side of the world from me, Khor is a little closer, and it would be more of a heavy strain to get you guys to come in and help us out whereas Layarteb is pretty dang close -furthermore, if you get your enemies to die fighting your other enemies, that in itself is a win ;)

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:54 am

Well I've outlined my military position which is like "Oh crap c'mon we can't handle this right now" and what not. Fun :)
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Marimaia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Marimaia » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:50 am

Valinor1 wrote:

As it stands for the moment, Consul Belluso makes no plans on leaving Virture; we made an obligation and Romans don't just fall back on those, we fulfill them. That said, we contacted Layarteb for a number of reasons over closer Virture states - I don't know the status of your armed forces, but I have read up on Khorsun's and your militaries do not seem built for rapid long deployments and you're on the other side of the world from me, Khor is a little closer, and it would be more of a heavy strain to get you guys to come in and help us out whereas Layarteb is pretty dang close -furthermore, if you get your enemies to die fighting your other enemies, that in itself is a win ;)

All very good points. If we're honest about it La Plata doesn't really hate the Empire, the only time we ever act like we do is if the Khorsuni need some support for one of their rants. The Layartebians are just too darn useful to have around, like when they're at war with the rivals of the Escorpión Azul cartel :p

If it's okay with you I'll post an official statement from the Platinean government stating their hopes for a peaceful resolution of the conflict etc., while privately Felix Elizondo delights in the fact that he might be about to see Alexia undone. Since wars can be expensive, if any time you want it Consul Belluso would have the option of receiving 'unspecified financial assistance' from his friends in South America. Especially from the friends he may not know he has ;)

Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 am

At last, some decent excitement in Europe!

Already started discussing via TG.

Looking forward to this, should be fun.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 am

Marimaia wrote:
Valinor1 wrote:

All very good points. If we're honest about it La Plata doesn't really hate the Empire, the only time we ever act like we do is if the Khorsuni need some support for one of their rants. The Layartebians are just too darn useful to have around, like when they're at war with the rivals of the Escorpión Azul cartel :p

If it's okay with you I'll post an official statement from the Platinean government stating their hopes for a peaceful resolution of the conflict etc., while privately Felix Elizondo delights in the fact that he might be about to see Alexia undone. Since wars can be expensive, if any time you want it Consul Belluso would have the option of receiving 'unspecified financial assistance' from his friends in South America. Especially from the friends he may not know he has ;)

^ I love this guy.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Valinor1
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valinor1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:41 am

Marimaia wrote:
Valinor1 wrote:

I'm gonna TG you later tonight when I'm home from work, your above idea gave me a different idea that's similar and I think would provide a fun arc to write out over a few threads.

Tolorian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolorian Empire » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 pm

I do hereby claim:

Niger

It will be played out in my current RP The Blue Flame

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents