NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [Main Thread | OOC | Open RP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm

NO one is fun anymore... That's it, I'm quitting...
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Well that escalated quickly. We can if you want but I'm pretty sure that war would be pretty one sided in your favor.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

So now that I just finished reading I, Robot and so help you if you mention the movie but the path of the Empire is clear.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Fri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Layarteb wrote:NO one is fun anymore... That's it, I'm quitting...

Once I introduce “The Virus” we'll have a lot of fun.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

United States of Brink
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brink » Fri May 10, 2013 1:45 pm

@Lay, nice couple of posts. I was out of the office this week. I'll be getting a reply in early next week. Should be a good one too.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Fri May 10, 2013 4:56 pm

So upcoming summer projects for me and Earth II

• Stating the rest of my weapons systems
  • Revising our history to get rid of the BS none of us want and which makes no sense
  • Claims map
  • Potential spreadsheet revision
  • ? ?? ?
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Fri May 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Sounds like fun. I'm attempting to get a semi-workable military factbook for the Maghreb Republic but it's been slow going so far.

Last edited by Caturdays on Fri May 10, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi No Moto
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hi No Moto » Sat May 11, 2013 3:00 am

I request that I please be put into vacation mode.

Now I know the rules but I find it a bit silly that my nation would stop doing whatever it was doing whilst I'm gone so I'll just let you guys know the main points in case you want to reference anything in a thread or something, 'Fed to the Wolves' especially.

The Imperial Hi No Moton Army is going to keep a strong presence on the North Korean border with Sinae, basically just using drones to spy on what is going on.

The Imperial Hi No Moton Navy is going to be on increased activity in the East and South China Sea, basically keeping an eye on Sinaen, Layartebian and Cottish naval formations. If you want the specific naval formations then just let me know.

Hi No Moton, Cambodian, Thai and Revolutionary forces are fighting in Vietnam and Laos against East Fancainian regime troops.

That's about all the main points they'll be involved in until I get back but they are in now way me trying to keep my claims alive, just wouldn't make sense for my nation to suddenly stop doing what it was doing.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sat May 11, 2013 7:43 am

Hi No Moto wrote:I request that I please be put into vacation mode.

Now I know the rules but I find it a bit silly that my nation would stop doing whatever it was doing whilst I'm gone so I'll just let you guys know the main points in case you want to reference anything in a thread or something, 'Fed to the Wolves' especially.

The Imperial Hi No Moton Army is going to keep a strong presence on the North Korean border with Sinae, basically just using drones to spy on what is going on.

The Imperial Hi No Moton Navy is going to be on increased activity in the East and South China Sea, basically keeping an eye on Sinaen, Layartebian and Cottish naval formations. If you want the specific naval formations then just let me know.

Hi No Moton, Cambodian, Thai and Revolutionary forces are fighting in Vietnam and Laos against East Fancainian regime troops.

That's about all the main points they'll be involved in until I get back but they are in now way me trying to keep my claims alive, just wouldn't make sense for my nation to suddenly stop doing what it was doing.

The rules don't stop that, it just means you can't keep an active land claim. You can do whatever that isn't claim related.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Khorsun
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Application for Full Membership

• Nation Name: Republic of the Khorsuni Nation [Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum]
  • Demonym: Khorsuni
  • Capital: Verela [Abidjan]
  • Independence or Founding Date: December 12, 2003
  • Population: 74,686,320
  • Official Language(s): Khorsuni
  • Government Type: Populist Dictatorship
  • Head of State: Rekhan Taneltar
  • Head of Government: Rekhan Taneltar
  • Official Religion: Zherduta
  • Largest Religion: Zherduta
  • Constitution: No
  • Economy Type: Mixed
  • Currency: Bayad (ב)
  • Summer Time: No
  • Time Zone(s): UTC +0, UTC +1
  • Calling Code: 72
  • Internet TLD: .kh
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 24 nm
  • Aircraft Registration Code: MK
  • Military Size: 976,000
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: Yes
    • Biological: Yes [Secret]
    • Radiological: No
    • Nuclear: No
  • Examples of Previous RPs
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: I am a returning member, and I'm coming back having put a lot of effort into creating a culture for my nation. Earth II is a quality environment with great RPers to introduce Khorsun to.
  • Real-Life Age: 21
  • Fluency in English: First language
  • Land(s) Claiming:
    • Ghana (238,535 km^2)
    • Cote d'Ivoire (322,460 km^2)
    • Benin (112,622 km^2)
    • Togo (56,785 km^2)
    • Burkina Faso (274,200 km^2)
      Total: 1,004,602 km^2
  • History
    • October 6, 2001: [Khorsun] In the Republic of West Africa, Khorsuni religious leader Naikhogar Zarmangshamor unveils his New Testament to Zherduta, the traditional faith of the Khorsuni ethnic group. He is proclaimed as Hal Rhazanzhotar, The Prophet (literally 'the horizon-seer') and begins attracting a large Khorsuni following.
    • November 11, 2001: [Khorsun] Followers of the Rhazanzhotar are involved in a major outbreak of violence in Abidjan, the RWA's largest city. A warrant is issued for the Rhazanzhotar's arrest; he and his Zherdutasars leave the city and are believed to have gone into hiding in the jungle.
    • March 3, 2003: [Khorsun] The Khorsuni armed force Kuerrarta dhala Zoludhka Inzomblum, Warriors of the Unsinkable Resolution, makes international headlines for the first time as it seizes control of a radio station in the unstable Republic of West Africa. The Rhazanzhotar issues a statement decrying the RWA as a failed state and vowing to establish an independent homeland. West Africa's President Kweku Amaa Busia condemns the Kuerarta as a "gang of gangsters" and its leadership as "lunatics."
    • March 29, 2003: [Khorsun] Angolan journalist Savimbi Neto writes an expose in a New African Republic newspaper labeling the KZI as a terrorist group. This article is widely reproduced in the international press, and describes the KZI as religious fanatics, racial supremacists, and reponsible for a range of crimes including murder, kidnapping, rape, and torture of civilians, the use of child soldiers, and involvement in drug and human trafficking.
    • May 6, 2003: [Khorsun] The shadowy political leader of the Kuerrarta, Rekhan Taneltar, makes his first public statement. He rejects the picture of his group in the media as misinformation, claiming that "the very idea of truth is an absurdity in such a chaotic and corrupt place as the West African Republic," and that such crimes are a fact of life in West Africa: "Every actor, every party, every faction here commits these violations, not least of all the government."
    • November 10, 2004: [Khorsun] 3,000 KZI troops storm Abidjan by surprise, battling the de facto independent city's ruling factions and gangs for control of the city.
    • November 16, 2004: [Khorsun] Khorsuni forces have wrested control of most of the key centers of Abidjan and defeated the city's ruling factions. The West African government mobilizes its armed forces to retake Abidjan.
    • December 11, 2004: [Khorsun] West African Army units have been routed from Abidjan and the surrounding towns. Rekhan Taneltar declares Vakhdum (victory) and the Rhazanzhotar reconsecrates the city with the Khorsuni name of Verela.
    • December 12, 2004: [Khorsun] Khorsun's official declaration of independence is issued; Rekhan Taneltar is proclaimed Ankhazar (conqueror/emperor) and the Rhazanzhotar promises that the Republic of the Khorsuni Nation will continue to fulfill its destiny of liberating the entire Khorsuni people by overthrowing the West African government.
    • February 16, 2005: [Khorsun] The KZI, newly rebranded as the Mozhana Khorsunatum Hamadh (Khorsuni Nation Army), launches a campaign fighting its way inland towards Yamoussoukro.
    • March 21, 2005: [Khorsun] Khorsuni armed forces take Yamoussoukro, easily defeating the West African Army, whose ill-paid and poorly disciplined troops prove unreliable in actual combat and offer little resistance.
    • March 24, 2005: [Khorsun] The Rhazanzhotar pays a visit to Yamoussoukro, giving the city the Khorsuni name Borhelan and proclaiming the city's capture as another of the many triumphs to come for the unstoppable Khorsuni nation. President Busia of the RWA issues a statement claiming that the city is still being contested by the West African Army.
    • March 28, 2005: [Khorsun] Investigative journalist Savimbi Neto issues another in-depth article identifying links between the KZI/Khorsuni Army and ex-members of the now defunct Kreynorian special forces. Neto identifies Ayadar Vravoghtar, who was a senior NCO in the Black Commandos of Kreynoria, as the leading Khorsuni field commander. Neto's article also points out financial backing and other support coming major Kreynorian figures, who are now living under Layartebian rule.
    • June 17, 2005: [Khorsun] Khorsuni and West African fight a pitched battle near the city of Kumasi in Ghana; the Khorsunis emerge victorious, despite stern resistance from army and special forces units of West Africa that had gone through training with the New African Republic. Leading Khorsuni general Ayadar Vravoghtar is killed in the Battle of Kumasi, as is West African General Oliver Yendi.
    • August 3, 2005: [Khorsun] Khorsuni forces launch simultaneous attacks on the towns of Swedru and Nsawam, aiming to encircle the West African capital of Accra.
    • August 30, 2005: [Khorsun] President Busia of West Africa is assassinated as Khorsuni troops besiege Accra. The West African Army declares military rule and blames the assassination on the Khorsunis. Ankhazar Taneltar accepts responsibility for the assassination, declaring it an act of righteous vengeance.
    • September 24, 2005: [Khorsun] Accra falls to the Khorsuni Army. As is custom by now, the Rhazanzhotar presides over the city's renaming as Zamayana. The Republic of West Africa is disintegrating, with much of its leadership having fled abroad along with hundreds of thousands of refugees.
    • April 4, 2006: [Khorsun] While Khorsun has extended its reach eastward into Togo and Benin, much of Burkina Faso has fallen to the Fire of Jihad, a Wahhabi armed group hailing mainly from Niger and Chad. The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation declares war upon the jihadis and begins campaigning northward to drive them out.
    • June 16, 2006: [Khorsun] The Khorsuni Army reaches Jihadi-held Ougadougou and begins an intense battle for control of the city.
    • September 13, 2006: [Khorsun] Khorsun finally declares victory over Ougadougou (now Khoravan), after weeks of heavy fighting followed by several attempts by the Fire of Jihad to retake the city.
    • January 1, 2007: [Khorsun] Ankhazar Rekhan Taneltar delivers an address proclaiming the first Year of the United Nation, with the West African Republic and the Fire of Jihad both defeated and Khorsun now exercising control over all the former territory of West Africa.
Hal Tabalkha dhala Mozhana Khorsunatum [The Republic of the Khorsuni Nation]
Rekhan Taneltar, Ankhazar and Sukaradar [Conqueror and Protector]
Wrath of the Resolute - Khorsuni War of Independence
The Wheel of Fire - Liberian Intervention and Showdown with Apilonia

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Sun May 12, 2013 8:29 am

Also an FYI, the nation of Khorsun that I was on here with in the Pacific will be retconned to the Free Republic of Kreynoria. There will still be a connection between the Khorsunis and them though, for anyone who now owns former Kreynorian land or had relations with them (Layarteb, Hi No Moto).

The old storyline for the Kreynorians' ethnic origins as a Byzantine expedition that crossed the Atlantic and then the Pacific will be scrapped, as that's absurd and implausible and I wrote in seventh grade. The Khorsunis and the Kreynorians will now be the descendants of an ancient Phoenician/Levantine civilization, that colonized farther than they did historically on the West African coast before spreading Portuguese-style around the whole African coast and ultimately into the Indian and Pacific oceans. The Khorsunis will hail from those in Africa while their Kreynorian brethren are the ones who ended up settling the Pacific.

USB, there will be a scattered Khorsuni minority throughout a lot of your territory. If EII had a historical slave trade, there will be Khorsuni descendants in the Americas. The Kreynorians in the Pacific and part of Australia will be considered long-lost cousins of the Khorsunis. Khorsun's government will be trying very hard to attract investments and immigrants from its 'diaspora' while also taking advantage of it for irredentist purposes (in nearby Africa) and for setting up worldwide intelligence networks.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun May 12, 2013 11:43 am

I can tell you Layarteb and the areas we conquered did not have an active slave trade like they had IRL. Incas Mayas Aztecs etc maybe who knows but not the whole African slave trade.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Cotland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cotland » Sun May 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Cots were slavers until the 1700s iirc.

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Sun May 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Caturdays wrote:Sounds like fun. I'm attempting to get a semi-workable military factbook for the Maghreb Republic but it's been slow going so far.

Rosoboronexport says hello.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun May 12, 2013 6:20 pm

URBOV wrote:
Caturdays wrote:Sounds like fun. I'm attempting to get a semi-workable military factbook for the Maghreb Republic but it's been slow going so far.

Rosoboronexport says hello.

Sure his hardware is cheap and affordable but you know the adage, you get what you pay for.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Sun May 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Kalashnikovs are some of the cheapest Assault Rifles out there and are really reliable unless you get your hands on one of those shitty Chinese variants. The Ruskies know how to build it.

But I'm interested in what kind of hardware Rosoboronexport has for sale(Unless its mostly Soviet Union-era weapons systems).

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Mon May 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Depends entirely upon how much you hate the Exploitative Western Imperialists, a little? Maybe you can get some T-72Es. A lot? Maybe you can get SU-27s and S-300s.

It's all on you.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon May 13, 2013 6:13 pm

URBOV wrote:Depends entirely upon how much you hate the Exploitative Western Imperialists, a little? Maybe you can get some T-72Es. A lot? Maybe you can get SU-27s and S-300s.

It's all on you.

You know the slogan: "Moen - Buy it for looks. Buy it for life."?

Allow me to correct

Layartebian - Buy it for looks. Buy it for life.
Last edited by Layarteb on Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Banjamos
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Banjamos » Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Or you could buy British and have cheap copies of advanced weapons systems.
Earth II
The Official Twitter Feed of the Banjamo Office of Foreign Affairs (E2)
Seperates wrote:Nebraska.- We're seceding!
U.S.- That's k, just give us our nukes and we'll go.
N.- Back off or I'll bore you to death with my cornfields!
U.S.- *stares... then just breaks down laughing*
N.- Was it something I said?

Tropic Brown Granite wrote:I gave a quote on a new granite counter top. It was both a win and a fail. Lost the girlfriend, gained a customer.

Disclaimer: The views of Banjamos are not necessarily my own.

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 pm

I will have you note that I officially hate the Exploitative Imperial West a lot.

And my opening claims RP has begun here.
  • Wrath of the Resolute
    • Thread Owner: Khorsun
    • Classification: Claim
    • Synopsis: The Kuerrarta dhala Zoludhkum Inzomblum wage a bloody, ruthless guerilla campaign to overthrow the Republic of West Africa and create an independent nation for the Khorsuni minority in the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Benin, Togo, and Burkina Faso.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: None
Last edited by Khorsun on Mon May 13, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Tue May 14, 2013 5:37 am

Khorsun wrote:I will have you note that I officially hate the Exploitative Imperial West a lot.

And my opening claims RP has begun here.
  • Wrath of the Resolute
    • Thread Owner: Khorsun
    • Classification: Claim
    • Synopsis: The Kuerrarta dhala Zoludhkum Inzomblum wage a bloody, ruthless guerilla campaign to overthrow the Republic of West Africa and create an independent nation for the Khorsuni minority in the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Benin, Togo, and Burkina Faso.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: None

Enjoy the Exploitative Imperial East then sir :)
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 pm

You mean the friendly heroic valiant glorious fraternal ideologically orthodox loving East.

Caturdays
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Caturdays » Wed May 15, 2013 8:57 pm

I have a feeling that the Maghreb Republic won't like the Exploitative Imperial West or the Exploitative Imperial East. Who's ready for some Exploitative Imperial Africa? But will friend-zone the Imperial East to get some decent weapons.

Khorsun
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khorsun » Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm

We are going to have a hell of a relationship, my secular, free market heathen neighbor.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu May 16, 2013 5:59 am

I smell a situation rife for EOL black ops.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents