NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis on the Aluvean Seas - Reboot (IC, Sign-Up Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mesairien
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Crisis on the Aluvean Seas - Reboot (IC, Sign-Up Only)

Postby Mesairien » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

OOC: If you would like to be apart of this RP the Sign up thread is here: Sign-up thread

IC:
Mesairien, Island of Mesa, Capital City of Osiria, Royal Palace

6:41am - Jaruven 2nd 1271 S.Y.

The Sun began to rise over the plains of Mesairien without a single cloud in the sky. As the shades of black and grey were pushed back by the light, birds began to fly all throughout the city and sang out in delight. Children, Mothers and workers all began to rise from their deep slumbers to great the magnificent new day.
In the Royal Palace today was to be yet another truely busy and bothersome day for Queen Akemi who had been aroused from her dreams by the baking sun flashing through the windows and onto her face. She groaned angrily as her eyes slowly began to slide open "Could I not just have five more minutes" she thought to herself and slammed her eyes shut once more and rolled back over to face away from the window and the sunlight.

"No you cannot have five minutes, you have alot of work to do Faráleane" Came a soft and calming voice from across the room, it immediatly caused Akemi to spark awake, throw up her Regal purple covers and sit up in the bed with a marvelous grin on her face. The voice had come from none other than her love, Princess-Consort Ireth.
"But I'd still much rather spend the day with you, here, my love" Akemi winked at Ireth and motioned with her finger for Ireth to come to the bed. However, as alway, Ireth was not moved and simply smiled, shook her head, and began to walk to across the cold stone floor to the large, Gold-Trimmed, Ornately painted Oak Double-Door that sat in the center of the leftern wall of the room.
"With the sorry state it's in, Mesairien needs you now more than ever, so go out that door and work or you won't get any tonight either." Akemi simply pouted and nodded like a small child being told off by her mother. Ireth had always used her the fact that she was over a hundred years older and far more mature to keep Akemi in line and working as hard as she could to help rebuild the war-torn realm they called home. With that, Akemi jumped out of her large double bed and onto the pristine Red carpet that ran alongside it. She quickly walked over to her large wardrobe and changed from her simple, plain, nighty and into a Blue Ornate Dress with a silver trim, topped off by her usual Golden tiara which had several Diamons and Emeralds fitted into the metal work.

"That's better, now are you coming? Thorpe has called a meeting of the four Blades, he's probably already in the Throne room waiting for us." Ireth smiled and held out her hand. Akemi's eyes lit up and she immediatly began walking over to Ireth who was now standing by the door.
"Oh God, it's been weeks since he last visited and now he's called Nelson and Kai to rally on him, I swear that boy never rests." Akemi said as she grabbed Ireth's hand and gripped it tightly and giggled slightly. The latter used her other hand to push open one of the two large doors and began the pair began to walk out into the wide stone corridoor which was covered in portraits, hanging flowers as well as the floor also being covered by a similar Ornate red rug that lies next to Akemi's bed. The two Keirin, who were dressed in their usual Aesthetically pleasing, Grey and Gold trimmed Heavy plate armor with a longsword and shield, eitherside of the doorway, quickly stood at attention and saluted.
"You know he wants to help Mesairien rebuild again so we can protect the Aluvean and all that. Talis said he's become deeply concerned with the Holy Empire of Constannia and their Elven allies." As Akemi and Ireth passed the left Keirin he left his post and began following behind the two women, as was protocal whenever the Queen travelled within the Palace.
"Do you think he'll be speaking of war?" Ireth sighed and looked over her shoulder into Akemi's eyes.
"I doubt it, you know he's not a fan of full scale warfare. He's probably just going to complain about how we stand by and do nothing while several small Island states have been conquered by the the Holy Empire and Elven Imperium and I hear their new grip on the shipping lanes is allowing them to bully other Nations into giving them monthly tributes in exchange for protection." Akemi simply sighed and looked down, no doubt Thorpe would demand she allowed him a tribute force to alleviate the problems for other Nations in the Aluvean, but Mesairien was not as strong as she once was. Oddly, unlike their usual morning routine, Akemi and Ireth carried on to the Throne room in absolute silence, both lost in thought.

Palace Throne Room - 6:52am

"All stand at attention as her honerable and Holy Majesty, Queen Akemi and her honerable Princess-Consort Ireth enter the Court!" The announcer shouted as Akemi and Ireth entered through the huge double doors leading into the throne room.
Oddly, it was completely devoid of any people bar the standard 12 Keirin Guards scattered throughout the room and the four Blades who stood in pairs either side of the two Thrones at the back of the room: Grandmaster Matthew Thorpe, the Master swordsman, commander of the Rangers and all round Hero of Mesairien, a 32 year old soldier who had fallen through the Void from another Universe into Mesairien, apparantly due to him not exisitng in the Dimension of time in our Universe he has achieved an almost Elven lifespan and never aged a day past 25 because of this, and the severe burn scars he has up the left side of his face, some have nicknamed him the 'Baby faced monster'.
Commander Kai Faron, the leader of the Queen's Keirin, a 32 year old and incredibly nervous man, the scars on his lip, eyes and across his forhead tell of a life of intense fighting which has almost broken his confidence despite this cowardly exterior, in battle his will and bravery are almost unmatched by any Human.
General Lu Osborne, head of the Mesairien Knights. A 46 year old veteran, he had served the Royal Family since his early teens and rose to fame during one of the final assaults on Effenmont to steal Materika Shards. Despite this, the old and bald General showed no clear signs of anger nor hatred towards Princess-Consort Ireth, although it's likely he simply hides his racism from fear of Akemi, Kai and Thorpe.
And finally, Admiral Charles Nelson, the 38 year old genius tactician of the Mesairien Royal Navy. This man always kept a calm exterior and tone, which was aided by his Aqua blue eyes and Auburn hair that gave him an air of gentleness, while on the inside he was simply yet another cold and calculating man, Nelson's job in Mesairien had become almost none existant now that his ships had been landlocked by Queen Akemi's fear of losing control of Mesairien.

Akemi and Ireth walked along the beautifully hand crafted Purple and Gold rug which ran from the doorway over to the two Silver etched thrones. Either side of the two thrones stood two massive statues of Goddess Kleira, the Deity of both the Elven people and the Rangers of Mesairien. Behind the thrones on the wall sat a portrait in a Golden frame, of Akemi, Ireth and their adopted daughter, Lessien. As they approached their thrones the four Blades placed their left hands on their chests in a fist and bowed as the pair walked past them.
Akemi and Ireth took their respective seats, Akemi on the right and Ireth on the left. The four men rose from their bows and it was revealed that all had intense and stern looks on their faces which naturally uneased Akemi slightly as it was rare the four of them would come together in one place, let alone have such a serious aura about them all.
"Gentleman, it's wonderful to see you all once more, especially altogether. Under what pretences, may I ask, have you called this meeting of Blades Grandmaster Thorpe." She said, looking over the four of them before turning her head to face Thorpe and looked right into his eyes.

Unphased and in his usual disrespectful yet friendly manner, Thorpe took a step forward and began to speak.
"You know what we're here about Akemi. The Holy Empire of Constannia is becoming a major threat to not just us but the entire Aluvean Ocean, they have a stranglehold on multiple Nations, if they aren't paid a 'respectable donation' they fire on and sink all trade ships that travel along the shipping lanes. We have to do something." Akemi sighed and shook her head, Thorpe was always speaking of Mesairien being the hero and helping everyone with their problems despite the fact that Mesairien had major problems of it's own, such as the massively increased crime rate since the end of the Civil War.
"And what do you expect us to do about it Matthew? We're struggling to keep order in our lands." Ireth responded. With that, Admiral Nelson stepped forward and stood shoulder to shoulder with Thorpe.
"Our lands do not require the Navy, it is our sacred duty to sail the Aluvean and protect any and all passing trade and passanger ships that require it. Some Island Nations are having such trouble surviving that they are considering just laying down and allowing their lands to be swallowed by the Empire and Imperium. The threat is becoming grave." Without even letting the Queen nor Ireth respond, General Osborne also stepped forward and concured with his fellow.
"Not to mention, the Knights are being restricted to defending Urban settlements such as the fortress Cities and towns, which has been working. But crime is now on the rise in our Rural settlements, Farmers are being pushed out of their land not just by mobs of rifraff but a new rise of the Elkoss, we're losing control because you're not giving us room to do our jobs and no other Nation will help us because we refuse to help them." Ireth sat forward but remained silent to allow Akemi a chance to talk, a few seconds of pondering later Akemi also sat forward in her chair and looked over to Commander Kai who had stood right at the back of the group and attempted to hide from her gaze.
"Kai, what say you?" Kai's entire body shook like a rabbit caught in a hunter's view. His eyes darted around his fellow Blades before Thorpe turned around, nodded with a smirk and motioned with his left hand for him to speak.
"Uh... I-I, agree. We must do something, th-the situation is too, uh, dangerous for us to sit back and allow Constania to grow even... even more powerful."
"You still didn't answer my question boys. What do you expect US to do?!" Ireth said, raising her voice and slamming her arm against it's rest on her throne. She was clearly becoming greatly annoyed by yet another push from Thorpe for Akemi to put Mesairien in jeapordy just to help foreigners.

"Call a Summit of the more powerful and friendly Nations in the Aluvean, offer them Mesairien ships for protection. They'll come." Thorpe quickly responded. Akemi was slightly taken aback by this suggestion and looked down at the floor, simply thinking about what had been suggested but Ireth, in her usual cold manner, simply stated:
"And what would that create besides happy international feelings. What exactly do you intend to ask of these Nations?" While turning her head up sand to the left lightly and looking upon the four Blades with an air of mistrust.
"We inform them that if they give Mesairien aid, be it in form of monetary or Military, we will have Mesairien ships begin sailing the shipping lanes that their vessels use and protect their ships from both Constannia and pirates alike. The Nations we invite will accept because it is unlikely Constannia is willing to engage us in open warfare just yet." Osborne answered.
Ireth thought for a moment before responding. "Do you really believe they would accept our terms?"
"If they do not then the fools will soon find that within a few months, they will have no choice but to beg other Nations like us for help. Constannia and the Elves are vile beings, they will try to take over the Aluvean with war sooner or later. Any man with sense will see that." Again Osborne responded quickly and without a single pause for thought. Ireth glared at Osborne as he spoke, his clear distaste of Elves seeping through with his comment on Constannia and, not of the Imperium, but Elves in general.
She opened her mouth to speak but Akemi raised her hand in a motion for her to remain silent and Ireth backed down, slumping back into her seat. Finally, after several more moments of thinking, Akemi looked back up at the men and nodded.
"Alright then it's decided. We shall call a summit and invite all of the friendliest and strongest Nations in the Aluvean under the pretenses of discussing the Constannian threat and a request for aid in rebuilding. Errant Lief, some paper and a quill would be a very nice gift." She said as she smiled and looked over to Errant Lief, a Queen's Kierin who was standing guard to the right of the left statue of Kleira.
"Nelson, go and prepare some ships to deliver these messages, Frigates and Sloops of War I think. Just in case."
Without a word the Admiral placed his hand to his chest, bowed and practically ran out of the throne room with his quick walking pace. Soon after Lief returned and handed the Queen a quill, a pot of ink and a sheet of paper to write on.
"Everyone else, what do you think of this..."

IMPORTANT DIPLOMATIC DOCUMENT

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

To all whom recieve this message. Greetings from the Isles of Mesairien. This message regards two things, 1: The situation here in Mesairien and 2: The Holy Empire of Constannia who, I have no doubt, have been, for lack of a better word, bullying Nations such as yours into giving them donations of food, money and weaponry in return for safe voyages for your trading and passanger ships.

As you most likely recall, in years since past, Mesairien was once the dominant force here in the Aluvean Ocean, our Naval vessels were our pride and heroes to many others, they defended all of the shipping lanes throughout the ocean from attacks by pirates and other nefarious miscreants. Sadly, as you have also probably been informed, we recently fell into a state of Civil War with the old Noble Houses, who have since been either executed or excommunicated.
Since then, our internatonal position has declined as civil unrest has increased dramatically thanks to my reforms and the fact that so many towns and villages were laid to waste during the armed conflict leaving many homeless and jobless. Now, the Holy Empire of Constannia and their ally, The Elven Imperium, have begun seizing upon this opportunity. They dare to not only force their way into the esteemed role of defender of the seas, but even have the ordacity to demand payment for doing so.

Now, I offer to you a mutuallly beneficial option to battle against these wreches. Mesairien is calling a summit of our closest friends and the strongest of Nations here in the Aluvean Ocean. We wish to invite either your esteemded self, or an authorized representative to my Palace, here in the capital city of Osiria, where we shall discuss, a trade of sorts. Mesairien wishes to offer our protection of your Nations trade and passanger ships just as Constannia is now, as well as small patrols into your waters to scare off any would-be pirates. However, we only ask, not demand, something in return.
In return for us accepting this position back, we ask that you help us by giving us either monitary or military aid in rebuilding our Nation and forcing back the tide of increasing crime. The reason for the summit is for so that your voices, wishes and fears can be heard amongst friends and you can also ask anything of Mesairien or negotiate different terms for the utilization of our Naval power.
I will not pretend that accepting our offer will not be dengerous for both you and my Queendom, Constannia has proved herself very volitile of late with the invasion of multiple small Nations that presented no real threat and may take Mesairien vessels retaking their roles as an act of aggression, reacting accordingly. As such, if you decline to attend the summit, rest assured, I will not take it as a personal insult nor offence.

If you wish to sieze upon this opportunity then please send a message back at earliest convenience outlining who will be attending and wether or not you would like Mesairien to send a token force of a single battle group, two Frigates, three Sloops of War and three Brigs, to protect your Nations represntative on their voyage here to our shores.

Yours sincerely,
Signed,

Queen Akemi

Her Holy Majesty of Mesairien
Last edited by Mesairien on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mesairien Embassy program (Past Tech and Fantasy Tech only): Embassy Program

Mesairien Naval Storefront (PMT/FanT): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=226525&p=13080094#p13080094

Gooday sir/maddam, I'm British and despite my attempts to pay close attention to American politics I still don't know or even understand most things. As such, please excuse the several occassions when I appear to be ignorant, it is most unintentional I assure you.

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Kings Harbor:
It was early in the morning when the raven arrived at the Castle. Letting the Guard in charge yelp when he recognized the Seal.
Whatever the Queendom has to say, it was probably very important. At least important enough to wake the king at once. A task he would give to anyone else without hestiation.
Sure Phoenixia was united now but at what cost ? Hundred thousands of soldiers were dead, millions decimate by the great plaque and many other emigratted to other countries.
Phoenixia was bigger then anytime before sure but it was mostly landscape, without the greatness they once had and most men blamed the king for that, naturally only with him not in earrange.
However this was nothing against the confirmed rumors of maidens that entered the castle and never returned. Or the fact that the king was rumored to be the last male mage.
So the knocking was not very hard and didn't get any response. The guard steeled himself and knocked a second time harder this time.
Instead of a response a arrow out of ice shoot directly in the hearth of the guard, penetrating the steel like it would be wax.
When the door was unlocked and opened the king stood in the doorframe, only engulfed with a light robe. He turned to the woman he had this night into his bed, he would take care of her later.
" Well should we look what the meaning is my little bird ?" He grabbed the letter and read it, reread it, rereread it and let it burn it into his hand.
" How dare they ? HOW DARE THEY ? THEY WILL BURN FOR THIS ! " with the last statement he sent a lightning to the young maiden he used tonight. The girl died without making a noise.
" Who do they thing they are ? Demanding tribute from me Erik Eirikson the great, the destroyer! They will pay for this, THEY WILL ALL PAY FOR THIS !"
He smashed his fist against the door, leaving a impressive dent into the oak.

Ten minutes later he was in the throne room, his advisors completely in their sleeping growns but no one dared to delay the meeting because of something like passable clothing. Not with this king.
" What is our current stand with the Queendom of Mesairien and Constaniana ?" He demanded with his patented cold voice that send shivers trough the bones of the advisors
" With all respect my lord, the merchants complained over Constaniana for years now, even ships of the royal trade fleet were destroyed."
" And I need to hear that from some queen who literally DEMAND help ? Who is responseble for the trade fleet ?"
" My lord I can ex... ARGH!" the man in question cried out in pain and his skin went even paler. " If I would know this I would have take care of this years ago. You are a bunch of incompetent fools alltogether. I will go myself to this meeting, as it seems I can't trust anyone else. Olsen, I want a raven out in one hour and prepare the Bone Crusher."
" As you wish my lord."

In the name of his Grace Erik Eirikson II, great ruler of the united Phoenixia Kingdom, crusher of Gryphonia, Dragonia and the Isle of Skythe and Knight of the Dragon order.
The Phoenixan Kingdom hereby announce that we arrive at the proposed meeting. His grace will attend himself to discuss measures agaisnt the pittyful empire of Constaniana and his awful elven allies.
His grace relucantly confessed that we will need help to solve this problem and as your majesty beat his grace with this idea we will arrive as soon as possible with our Flagship the Bonecrusher.
sincerely
Eirik Olsen,
Lord Councellor of his grace Erik Eirikson II may his reign never end

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Malvain Ap Dryearessha sat upon a golden throne in Tal'en'Quessir, capital of the Empire of the people. A look of anger was on his face. He just received a message from a "friend" in Mesairien. The message had contained information that the Mesairiens where taking issue with the Empire's and the Constannian's patrols in the Aluvean Seas. Malvain got up and moved around his chamber. He though to himself. The little nation dares now to supply warships to the nations in the area. This enough. Malvain called out to his guard. "summon my military council." A elven guard ran to carry out the Emperor command. Malvain then gave a command to his desk and it transformed into a interactive map with little 3 dimensional figures and almost realist terrain features

In a few moments a half a dozen figure walk in to the room. All the figures where dress in military uniforms and armor. Three males Elves and three females sounded the room. Malvain circle the group. "That bitch Akemi thinks that she had any right to tell us, A sovereign empire, what to do. Well she in for a surprise."Admiral Aelsarrad status of the fleet." A tall elf with Silver hair responded. "A third of the fleet is Deployed and ready my lord." The Sha-Coronel continued. "Excellent Admiral deploy the fleet in the straits and order all ships to prepare for combat. All of you let be known I hereby decree our country at a state of war. We will being full mobilization of our military. Prepare our forces in secret my commanders soon we will be at war." The Sha-Coronel spoke with confidence. The Elven war council would plan and discuss through the evening. There plans and discussion was moving the Empire and the whole continent to war.

Official Imperial Document

To the Queen of Mesairien
From: Sha-Coronel Malvain Ap Dryearessha of the Empire of the People

To your Majesty,

The Empire of the People deplore your actions in the Aluvean Seas. Your offer to arm neutral nations, potential hostile nations and outright enemies of the empire in the Aluvean Sea is a blatant hostile act against our nation and our allies. Cease this activity at once or the Empire may consider your actions as a Act of War.

Sincerly

Malvain Ap Dryearessha
The Sha-Coronel

PS: If your majesty need a finer points in how to address a civilize nation. I offer my service to you to help teach you in the proper forms of diplomacy. Other wise perhaps your Elven girlfirend should speak for you in future when talking with us.

(Occ: the council of War))

The Sha-Coronel Malvain Ap Dryearessha

Admiral of the Fleet; Duke Larad Ap Aelsarrad

General of the Air Forces: Duchess Eilamalia Ap Sehdrimae

General of the North: Duke Daevar Ap Vyshaan

General of the South: Duchess Nuala Ap Sehsaras

General of the East: Duchess Sinlara AP Teken'ar

General of the West Duke Kortasin Ap Eltenthar
Empire of the Tel'Quessir (the people)
"The Elven Imperium"
Sha Coronal Celanor Ap Vyshaan the First

Valorono
Minister

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valorono » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 pm

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

To all whom recieve this message. Greetings from the Isles of Mesairien. This message regards two things, 1: The situation here in Mesairien and 2: The Holy Empire of Constannia who, I have no doubt, have been, for lack of a better word, bullying Nations such as yours into giving them donations of food, money and weaponry in return for safe voyages for your trading and passanger ships.

As you most likely recall, in years since past, Mesairien was once the dominant force here in the Aluvean Ocean, our Naval vessels were our pride and heroes to many others, they defended all of the shipping lanes throughout the ocean from attacks by pirates and other nefarious miscreants. Sadly, as you have also probably been informed, we recently fell into a state of Civil War with the old Noble Houses, who have since been either executed or excommunicated.
Since then, our internatonal position has declined as civil unrest has increased dramatically thanks to my reforms and the fact that so many towns and villages were laid to waste during the armed conflict leaving many homeless and jobless. Now, the Holy Empire of Constannia and their ally, The Elven Imperium, have begun seizing upon this opportunity. They dare to not only force their way into the esteemed role of defender of the seas, but even have the ordacity to demand payment for doing so.

Now, I offer to you a mutuallly beneficial option to battle against these wreches. Mesairien is calling a summit of our closest friends and the strongest of Nations here in the Aluvean Ocean. We wish to invite either your esteemded self, or an authorized representative to my Palace, here in the capital city of Orias, where we shall discuss, a trade of sorts. Mesairien wishes to offer our protection of your Nations trade and passanger ships just as Constannia is now, as well as small patrols into your waters to scare off any would-be pirates. However, we only ask, not demand, something in return.
In return for us accepting this position back, we ask that you help us by giving us either monitary or military aid in rebuilding our Nation and forcing back the tide of increasing crime. The reason for the summit is for so that your voices, wishes and fears can be heard amongst friends and you can also ask anything of Mesairien or negotiate different terms for the utilization of our Naval power.
I will not pretend that accepting our offer will not be dengerous for both you and my Queendom, Constannia has proved herself very volitile of late with the invasion of multiple small Nations that presented no real threat and may take Mesairien vessels retaking their roles as an act of aggression, reacting accordingly. As such, if you decline to attend the summit, rest assured, I will not take it as a personal insult nor offence.

If you wish to sieze upon this opportunity then please send a message back at earliest convenience outlining who will be attending and wether or not you would like Mesairien to send a token force of a single battle group, two Frigates, three Sloops of War and three Brigs, to protect your Nations represntative on their voyage here to our shores.

Yours sincerely,
Signed,

Queen Akemi
Her Holy Majesty of Mesairien

[/quote]

As Tsar Moses Received a letter at his home at Muscovy he was quite shocked by what was happening. After talking with some of his advisors he ordered that the whole fleet Merchant and Military be prepared to move and that the Ground forces also be ready to move with the navy. For this war war.

As Dimitri boarded his Dhow he sat in his quarters and began working on a letter for his carrier pigeon to send out to Queendom in response to the letter he had recived earlier that day.

Dear Queen Akemi Mau of the Queendom of Mesarien

I Tsar Moses Jaffa the III of The Holy Tsardom of Valorono am proud to inform you that it would be in our best interests to join in your fight against Constannia. My Navy, My Armies, and Myself are on our way to help in the fight. For this I only request Better trading rights for my people and my nation.

Truly Yours,
Tsar Moses The 3rd

As Moses tied the letter to the carrier pigeon the ship set sail for the Queendom, with the trip taking approximately six days There was plenty time to waste. Moses walked around the ship and found a good spot at the Stern of the ship. "Set Sail For the Queendom" He yelled out as his ship set out of Muscovy harbor. only two worgen would accompany Moses to the confrence, as the fleet staid behind until war was actually declared.

Moses Jaffa III

Moses's Dhow
Last edited by Valorono on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."-Napoleon Bonaparte
"For Gold, Glory, and Gospel"
Long live Byzantium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiTB2NFvAM
Hey There! Nice to meet you, I'm just your average god fearing guy, politically moderate, history buff, Athlete, Nerd, Poet, a
I'm a 17 year old , Irish-German New Yorker, Don't worry ladies I'm single

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 pm

The sun rose over the dual palace of Transoxthraxia. Although it was clear that the Kingdom claimed that it stood for cultural equality for Transoxthraxians and Atloalothi, the differences and divides between the two cultures was so great that even their architecture was different, giving a unique look to the impressive palace. Since it housed both royal houses of Transoxthraxia, there was never any agreement upon how the palace should be built, in the style of the Transoxthraxians or Atloalothi. However, an agreement was finally made, but it was not an easy one. Two buildings, each constructed of their own material and style, that were then joined together. Since each was designed as an imperial palace, the buildings took decades to build then join. It was not until late in the first term of each monarch that the palace was completed. From then on, the two monarchs have lived segregated, coming together only in public or to decide on national goings on.

Queen Dem'ta of the Atloalothi had just woken up and was appreciating the early sunrise. Dem'ta was only seventeen, and had assumed the throne because her mother had died three months earlier. However, Dem'ta was a fierce defender of Atloalothi rights and had proven more than a competent queen already. The King of the Transoxthraxians, Khorda, was a much older ruler. He had been on the throne for fourty three years now and had time and time again shown his ability and ruthlessness as a king. During the early morning, though, it was often Dem'ta that was active before Khorda. Today, however, was much different. Dem'ta was sitting at her dresser, braiding her short-ish hair, her legs crossed, looking into the horizon, when one of her handmaidens knocked on the door. "Come in." She said eloquently. The handmaiden, who could have been no older than Dem'ta was now, bowed before her. "My queen," She said. "Your presence has been required downstairs. I apologize for the disturbance, but Khorda wishes that you come down as soon as possible."

"Khorda?" She said, in her half-sleepy state. "He surely cannot be up by now."

"He is," replied the handmaiden, "And I can assure you he is not happy. I beg of you to hurry down as soon as possible."

"I shall be right down," The queen replied. "I must, however, dress to be a queen, should I not?" She said. "Tell him I shall be down once I am ready to be seen."

Once down, it was apparent that there was something that was quite important. A letter arrived from Mesairien, one of the island kingdoms. It pleaded that military or monetary help be sent to them in return for protecting the sea lanes. Khorda was enraged by this. Showing his true Transoxthraxian nature, he showed his rage by shouting curses at the Mesairiens and banging the table. Dem'ta happened to come down during one of these fits.

"How DARE they even suggest we'd be traitorous to those who have protected us! We should KILL THEM! Rip their spines from their bodies, and toss them away, laughing, as we slaughter their COMRADES!" Yelled the king, as Dem'ta descended the stairs to the Dining hall, which was the only place that the two monarchs were ever in together. Dem'ta stopped Khorda before he could go on. "Now excuse me Khorda, before you go on your killing streak, I'd like to get my input in." She said.

Khorda turned as red in the face as a reptile could. "YOU! I'll do this myself, stay out of it, girl."

"I'll do what I want. And, since I believe the code dictates that foreign affairs fall under the Queen's jurisdiction, I think it really is my decision." She replied smugly. "And we'll go to that conference. Constannia has not been protecting us to it's full extent. I'm tired of wasting our own men and resources when there are people who claim they're doing it. I want to at least go and see what they're talking about. And you'll be coming with me, since we're both the ruler over this nation, are we not?"

Dem'ta:

Khorda:

Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

The Basileia Rhomaion
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Basileia Rhomaion » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Constantinople, The Imperial Palace

Emperor Theodore of the Roman Empire sat up his private chair in a side room in the place he was reading over dispatches and talking with his adviser. A older gentlemen look a dispatch and turn to the emperor. "Well your Imperial Majesty, It appears that Mesariien are calling a summit to deal with the Holy Empire of Constannia and the Elven Imperium." Theodore look up at his advisory. "Well that nice of them. Perhaps we grace them with our presence." Theodore said with a wicked smile. The adviser smiled. "Oh course your majesty you like to know what they are up to in another words." "Exactly. Send Prince Michael. He rather enjoys these affairs. By the way adviser is it true the ruler of Mesairien is a woman? A quite beautiful one from the reports?" Theodore stated. "Yes your Imperial majesty." The adviser responded. "And is she not a Sapphonian as well? And her partner is also beautiful?" Theodore said almost teasing. "Yes my lord." "Well then I think Michael will be in for allot fun, I almost envy him. Theodore laughed a little. "Make it so at once. I will write a litter to the queen." Theodore said with a commanding voice.

To Queen of Mesarien
From: His Imperial Majesty. Basileus and Augustus Theodore Nolandios of the Empire of Constantinople and Rome.

Greetings your majesty. It is both my honor and my privileged to greet your majesty on behalf of the people of the Empire. Like you kingdom, our Empire is concern with the expansionist activity of the Elves and the Constannians. We would like to send a representative to you nation to discuss the situation and open a dialog between our nations so we can work on this problem together. On that not we offer to send our most august brother, Prince Michael as our dignitary to you.

Please respond to this letter at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely
Theodore of Constantinople and Rome
Last edited by The Basileia Rhomaion on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brotherhood Steel the 2nd
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

To Choose A Side

Postby Brotherhood Steel the 2nd » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm

The Imperial Palace of St. Petersmarch: The Imperium of the Brotherhood of Steel

"They said that it is the calmest before the storm. They said that I could't create an empire. They all said that I didn't have the determination nor the will to conquer all of the Inner Kingdoms to secure my throne. Even as I stormed their cities and annihilated their armies, they said I wasn't worthy of being the Dragon King. Even after all of these years, some still believe that I am unfit to rule. When will they ever learn."

These were the thoughts that were going through Aegon's head as he looked over the capital of St. Petersmarch from the Imperial Palace of Dragonstone. Aegon I Targaryen, Dragon King and Emperor of the Imperium, had been ruler of the Imperium for over twenty years since the War of the Five Kings had ended with him unifying the Seven Kingdoms and forging them into the Imperium. During which, Aegon expanded the Imperium to encompass and grow to a population of nearly 25 million and secure their holdings to become a power within the world. During the course, however, at a cost of expanding his Imperium to greater heights, Aegon decided not to expand into the Aluvean Ocean fearing that doing so would put his newly found power into jeopardy. Many of his allies were outraged at the decision and since many of his former allies have tried to usurp him from power, however to no success on their part. As Aegon concentrated his power at home, the world around his nation grew more restless and warlike; leading to the events that placed Aegon into the situation he is in now. Looking over the capital, Aegon was admiring the sun rise when several council members from the Inner Council entered into his presence to present him the morning schedule and any world events that were unfolding. Aegon was clearly upset with the council members interrupting his morning ritual, but he knew that they were only doing their jobs as he had asked them to do. After enjoying some herbal tea both the Inner Council members and Aegon proceed to enter into the throne room of Dragonstone, the Imperial Palace of the Imperium.

Dragonsthrone: The Imperial Palace of St. Petersmarch

The throne room itself was a large room, able to host well over several hundred guests at any time when sessions were going on. However, this session only required the Inner Council and Aegon since it dealt primary with schedules and world events. As the Inner Council members took their respective seats at the Council table, Aegon proceeded to sit himself in the Dragons Throne, a massive throne made up of the swords and weapons of the lords and false kings Aegon had defeated twenty years prior. As he sat upon his throne, the Inner Council began to introduce themselves; as it was tradition and custom upon starting a meeting within Dragonsthrone. The Inner Council was made up of Aegon's most trusted advisers and generals who acted in the king's faith and ran the day-to-day operations of the Imperium. Making up the Inner Council were five individuals, Lord Stannis Targaryen - Lord Treasurer and Collector of the Imperium Treasury, Viscount Demorthis Zhukov - Warden of St. Petersmarch and Commander of the Imperial Steel Guards, General George Lannister - Commander of the Steel Regulars and Commander of all Imperium Forces, Lord Edward Robert Stark - Hand of the King and Chancellor of the Northern Territories, and Lord Tiberius Stiffen - Grandmaster of the Silent Ones and Lord Admiral of the Imperium Steel Fleet. Together, these men made up the Inner Council that assisted Aegon with managing the Imperium. After going around and introducing themselves, Aegon began the meeting.

"I hereby call this meeting of the Inner Council on the 21st of Jaruven, 1270 S.Y. All Inner Council members are present and the introductions have been made so let us begin this meeting. Lord Stannis, why don't you begin the meeting by informing us how much money we hold in the Imperial coffers?" Aegon and the others looked over to Stannis as he rose from his seat to address everyone. "Your Grace and fellow members of the Inner Council, I am happy to report that the Imperial coffers are at a ten year high. Thanks to the new system of taxes and the plentiful harvests and trades we have had all year, our closing third quarter puts us in at a total of 500 million gold septums in the Imperial coffers. Plus, I am happy to report that all loans to the Iron Bank and from the war twenty years ago have been paid in full leaving the Imperium bursting at the seems with riches." As Lord Stannis continued on with his report, General George Lannister interrupted; his face showing he was clearly annoyed and had important news to deliver. "Dear god Stannis, we don't care about those statistics. Just tell us what the bloody numbers are so we can move forward. Unlike you, who has all the time in the world, others here in this council have real work to attend to." Stannis looked over to George and replied, "General, if it wasn't for my pencil pushing and calculations, you wouldn't be able to afford that new armor your wearing let alone supply your soldiers with gear you ass. You always think that your better then everyone here because you command the troops." As both men continued to argue over who had the bigger man-piece in the room, Aegon slammed his fist onto the armrest of his throne to silence them both. "Enough, the two of you! Before I bash both of your heads in. You both serve in important roles, but more importantly you both serve me. Now quit acting like children and let us continue this meeting." Aegon was always tired of being the parent between the two of them, and it didn't help that Stannis was his younger brother.

After cooling his nerves down, Aegon turned over to General Lannister and asked, "George, what is this report you have that is of dire importance that you need to interrupt procedure?" Immediately the general raised from his seat and bowed before Aegon before speaking to the council. "Your Grace and fellow council members, I have disturbing reports from our western shores. As you are all aware, ten years ago we decided that we were going to ignore the Aluvean Sea as our Grace felt that it was more important to shore up our own defenses and secure the Imperium. While we have accomplished those goals, in the ten plus years we have ignored the Aluvean Seas a major crisis has been developing. Mesairien, the mighty empire of the Western World, has been losing power to two newer nations; The Elven Imperium and the Holy Empire of Constannia. Even now as we speak these nations, along with others, battle for control of the Aluvean Sea and its trade." Aegon looked over to the general with a confused face as he said, "The Aluvean Sea? What importance does that play to us? Or these other nations for the matter. The Imperium has always focused our trade in the Sea of Steel with our trade partners in the continent of Islos. How do nations halfway across the world affect what we do here, general?" The General looked over to Aegon and continued his explanation. "Your Grace, it affects us directly because as it stands right now we have no fleet in the Aluvean Sea. Whoever wins this war will have the entire Aluvean Sea under their control and its resources. It would leave us in direct sights for an invasion of the Imperium from the West. While we have fortified the Imperium as a whole, I fear that the combined strength of the Aluvean Sea would sweep through the Imperium like a knife through butter. Your Grace we must address this issue at once, the livelihood of your Imperium is at stake."

As General George Lannister finished and returned to his seat, Aegon's mind filled with memories of the war that engulfed the Seven Kingdoms only twenty years prior. So much blood and deaths happened in that war and the Imperium was still recovering from it all of these years later. The Imperium was strong, but the combined force of the Aluvean Sea would be too much for the Imperium to handle. As the Inner Council members talk among themselves of the manner, Aegon went to the far end of the throne room to his armor and sword. It had been over twenty years since he last wore that armor or carried that sword, but Aegon could feel it in his bones and in his mind that war was coming no matter what. After staring at his armor and sword, Aegon drew his weapon. The sword, nearly five feet long and made of Northern Meteorite Steel, threw off a reddish glow from the dragon blood that ran through the blade. Holding the blade in his hands made Aegon feel young and powerful again. His body began to feel muscles that it had so long forgotten about. A fire was now burning in Aegon's spirit, a fire that he had not felt for so long. Finally building up to the climax, Aegon took his mighty sword and drove it through the table of were the Inner Council was seated. Dragonstone, now in complete silence, was emerged in a red glow from the sword. After several moments past, Aegon finally spoke. "War is upon us, there is no denying that. The question is were we will be be at the end of it? I have watched this continent go through too much bloodshed and rebuilding to see it taken away from me. I am the Dragon King, I am the Emperor of Steel, I am Aegon Targaryen the Dragon! My Imperium will not fall to some unknown nations of the west, NEVER! Gentlemen, leave now and prepare my nation for war. In a week's time we will cast our lot with either Mesairien or the Dual Crown Alliance."

King's Tower: The Imperial Palace of St. Petersmarch

As the Inner Council left Dragonstone to prepare the Imperium for war, Aegon returned to King's Tower, his personal quarters, to write two letters. Each letter was addressed respectfully to the leadership of either Mesairien or the Dual Crown Alliance. The letters were addressed as such:

To the leadership of Mesairien/The Dual Crown Alliance,

To introduce who I am is Aegon I Targaryen, Dragon King and Emperor of the Imperium of the Brotherhood of Steel. I write to you from the other side of the world in the continent of Westeros to inform you that my nation has heard of this Crisis developing in the Aluvean Seas. I want to make it very clear that, for whatever the outcome of this war may become, my Imperium will not become a victim of invasion nor destruction. My people have experienced enough war to last a thousand lifetimes, and the last thing we need is a foreign nation threatening our way of live and our land. We are a powerful and proud race, but at the same time we are also smart. I write this letter to offer you an alliance, I'll pledge my nation's military and resources to whoever can guarantee my nation's sovereignty when this conflict is over. We have much to offer to friends and as for war, we will crush those who threaten us or our allies. Right now my nation prepares for war, the question is, who's side will we join. Respond back to this letter as soon as you can and I will write back if we accept your offer or vise-versa. But remember one thing, if you betray my trust, you will feel the wrath of the Dragon King.

Regards,

His Grace Aegon I Targaryen, Dragon King and Emperor of the Imperium of the Brotherhood of Steel

As he finished the letters and sealed them with his royal emblem, a squire came forward and collected the two letters to ship them to their respected destinations. As the sun began to fade across the bay, Aegon took his sword to the light and said, "With this blade, I reaffirm that I, Aegon I Targaryen, am the Dragon King and Emperor of the Imperium. Let all of my enemies perish beneath my feet and allow my allies and countrymen march to the trumpets of victory. I am the Dragon!

Map of the Imperium (Highlighted in Red):

City of St. Petersmarch:

Image of Imperial Steel Royal Guards:

Dragon King and Emperor Aegon I Targaryen of the Imperium:

Lord Stannis Targaryen - Lord Treasurer and Collector of the Imperium Treasury:

Viscount Demorthis Zhukov - Warden of St. Petersmarch and Commander of the Imperial Steel Guards:

General George Lannister - Commander of the Steel Regulars and Commander of all Imperium Forces:

Lord Edward Robert Stark - Hand of the King and Chancellor of the Northern Territories:

Lord Tiberius Stiffen - Grandmaster of the Silent Ones and Lord Admiral of the Imperium Steel Fleet:
Last edited by Brotherhood Steel the 2nd on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mesairien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesairien » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:34 am

Mesairien, Isle of Mesa, Capital city of Osiria, Royal Palace
4:22pm - Jaruven 3rd 1271 S.Y.

The rest of the previous day and even today had carried on relatively uneventfully for Akemi herself, the four Blades however zipped away almost immediately after the messengers had been sent off. Admiral Nelson had been called to sea after some foreign speaking traders had stumbled off the Trade routes and out into open Mesairien waters, which access is only allowed to Fishermen, Military and Royal/Ambassadorial vessels. Osborne never liked to stay in Osiria longer than he had to and after quickly placing Commander Ariel Shander, A black haired 5’9” dual-blade wielding Female Knight, back in charge of the daily proceedings of the city streets he ran off back to the Isle of Titan, an Island stronghold, surrounded by 50ft walls all around the coastline, controlled entirely by the Knights of Mesairien. Kai, on the other hand, had probably skulked off to either practice is sword-fighting or train some new Keirin recruits.
Thorpe though had nothing to do for that time being and stayed with Akemi and Ireth, to help with the day to day proceedings, such as punishments for criminals and the daily allocation of Faux to each department in the city.
Now, however, he had received word from Castle Kleira, the headquarters of the Rangers sat in the middle of the Great Northern Forest, that several Rangers had been cleared by all five of the Masters to receive the ‘parting’ and be accepted into the Ranger order.
He was in the stable preparing to leave, when Grand-Pauin Michael Kortez, a young 26 year old Ranger who had risen to become Mesairien’s Chief Diplomat and Ambassador. Despite the fact that regulations demanded otherwise, he was rarely seen wearing anything other than his traditional Ranger Uniform which he was immensely proud to be a part of. In his right hand were an assortment of letters, responses from various Nations across the Aluvean. In his left hand, however, was a lone letter.

“Grandmaster!” Kortez shouted as he entered through the back entrance into the stable.
Thorpe looked up, gave a smile and nodded; “Kortez, what brings you here?”
“Responses from other Nations sir… but, we have an issue.” He said, almost whispering the last section of his sentence as he came closer to Thorpe.
“Can Akemi not deal with it? I’m needed at Castle Kleira” Thorpe responded, not stopping from strapping on the saddle to his pristine white horse for a single moment. He barely even moved his head in Kortez’s general direction.
“Sir! This is from the Elven Imperium, someone tipped them off.” Kortez quietly screamed in Thorpe’s ear before stepping back and holding out his left hand. Thorpe stood shocked for a moment before quickly abandoning his efforts to prepare the horse and grabbed the letter from Kortez’s hand. Opening it and reading it as fast as he could.
“Fantastic… alright, come with me, we need to find Akemi.” Was all that was said before the pair stormed out of the Stable and headed back towards the Palace Gardens, an area where Akemi could almost always be found at this time of day.

4:36pm – Royal Palace Gardens

Queen Akemi was wandering alone through the massive Palace garden, as she often did, lost in thought. This was a good season for the plant life, lilies, Roses and Violets had all grown beautifully in their allocated areas around the outside section, which sat parallel to the massive and protective palace walls. The Yggdrill tree which sat at the centre of the garden, given to the Royal family as a gift by the Rangers of Zenitath nearly 3 centuries ago now, dominated the scene however with it’s sheer size the rare Ilikar flowers that sprouted in-between the leaves. The birds were flying happily overhead, chirping away, unknowing of the chaos that was brewing down below.
Akemi wandered over to the statue of her ancestor, Queen Kamiko Mao, and kneeled – wondering if such a great hero in Mesairien’s history would condone the actions she had taken today. After all, there was a very large chance this would blow up in Mesairien’s face. After all, unbeknownst to Akemi, it probably already had.

The idyllic setting and the peace that Akemi had managed to find for a few brief moments was suddenly shattered by the approach of the Grandmaster and Grand-Pauin.

“Queen Akemi!” Kortez shouted as he and Thorpe came over to the Queen, who gave a sudden jolt and quickly sprang to her feet – turning her head suddenly to face the pair.
“Michael, Thorpe!” She breathed a sigh of relief. “Goddess, I do wish you two would stop sneaking up on me!” She gave a smile and shook her head. “What can I do for you?”

“Akemi, brace yourself.” Was all Thorpe said before handing Akemi the letter from the Elven Imperium. She hesitantly took the letter and read it, moments after finishing it dropped from her hands as Akemi froze in place. Motionless and Speechless, she just stared at open air before Thorpe grabbed both of her shoulders causing her to look up and face him. “Akemi, calm down, we’re fine.” He said reassuringly.

Akemi shook her head, took a long and deep breath, and then stepped back away from Thorpe.
“How do they know?”
“A traitor in our ranks, it’s the only way they’d find out so quickly.” Akemi threw her hands over her face and shook violently, the situation looked to become grim from the get go – but none of them had anticipated a traitor to reveal what they were up to quite so soon. The summit hadn’t even begun and the stupid Imperium was talking of starting a war!
"Akemi, hey." Thorpe spoke quietly, grabbing her hands and pulling them down from her face and looked into her eyes. "We need to be strong here. The Imperium is just trying to intimidate us, they know we are still powerful enough to oppose them. But are too smart to do it alone. Right now, we carry on as if this letter never arrived. The summit goes as planned, we protect innocent people and we tell that Elven prick exactly where he can shove his half-arsed ultimatum." He added, smiling and then let go of her hands. Akemi smiled back and nodded, she remained silent for several seconds for responding.
"Are you sure he won't attack?" Akemi asked, feeling still unsure about it all.
"No, he will. Just not yet, the basterds are just like the Americans in my world. They intimidate the more powerful enemies into submission and only waste lives if that doesn't work." Akemi looked perplexed at this, but then giggled slightly as she remembered what was so easy to forget, Thorpe had fallen through what he only ever calls a crack in 'the Universe' and 'the Void'. Whatever those things are.
Akemi then smiled and nodded once more. "Alright, destroy the letter. I want you to write a response, you always seem to know how to push the enemies buttons.” Thorpe smiled and nodded before quickly bending down to pick up the fallen letter and scuttled off to write a response.

“Ma’am, I have an assortment of responses from various Aluvean Nations. I believe it would be courteous to reply to them.” Kortez said in a humble tone, waving his right hand to indicate the stack he held which Akemi had probably missed.
“Yes of course, let us go and write a general letter.”

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

Sha-Coronel Malvain Ap Dryearessha of the Empire of the People,
Hello my Elven friend. I am writing this letter in regards to the blatant insults you threw at my most humble and gracious Majesty, Queen Akemi, in your last message. Now, I don't know who gave you information that we are hosting a summit but I will find out and I will not deny it, we are.
What shall you do about it? Nothing. Why? Because Mesairien is not partaking in these 'Aggressive' acts that you claim we are, we are simply providing the same service you are. And actually, at better cost considering we did it for centuries for free. Now that we are back on our feet after that brutal Civil war we want to do it for our close allies, again, for free. Sorry if that doesn't live up to your standards of pirate protection but there you go.

Now sir, we are at a crossroads. You and the Holy Empire are dangerous and equally as stupid – as evidenced by your rash move to try and ready for a war we have yet to start. But Mesairien is equally as dangerous, even in her weakened state. You know this. The question is, what happens next? You are either going to attack us and spark a war with Mesairien and her allies, some of which include your own allies, you must realize this will cause massive casualties on both sides.
The result will plunge Aluvean into a war from which it may never recover; you forget so many Islands are on the brink of destruction thanks to your exploitation. Which is what it is, don't try and hide it from me my friend, I've seen it all before.
Or, you are going to back down and work with us. Why would you do that? Think about it, the Far North-Eastern Provinces are falling to the Necromancers every single day. If we don't do something, the Aluvean could soon fall as well. So make your choice, and have a much nicer tone in your next message or I won't be so pleasant when we finally meet either in a meeting or on the Battlefield.

Sincerely,
Grandmaster Matthew Thorpe

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

To all whom receive this message.

I am delighted by your responses and most grateful for the indication that you are willing to come to our small summit here in Mesairien. As I made clear in the previous letter, we shall maintain the safety of either your ambassadors or esteemed selves at all times.
Rooms shall be provided her in the Royal Palace and guides allowed for those of you that would like to explore our 1000 year old Capital city. Also, if you should wish it we will accept the presence of a small assortment of bodyguards from your lands. However, to ensure the safety of the Palace and the Summit they will not be allowed access past the main doors and will instead be provided accommodation in a nearby residence. Whilst inside the Palace you or your Ambassadors may either carry small weaponry, only to be drawn in Self-defence, or opt for three Mesairien Rangers to be assigned to guard you.

Now, as the moment of our meeting draws closer I feel the need to re-state our intentions for this Summit.
Mesairien is worried by Constannia and their Elven allies, they are dangerous, unpredictable and clearly do not wish to stop expanding their territory. I would prefer a diplomatic resolution but if my hand is forced then war must come, I will not have any ill feelings towards any Nation that chooses to remain Neutral should such a conflict occur.
I would also like to affirm that, if war were to happen and Mesairien and our allies were to win, we will not ever take the place of an Empire and begin expanding. Our Nation is a Queendom and controls a Protectorate, we fight in Self-defence and the protection of our allies, never for simple Sovereign gain and we shall never condone such actions, hence why I am appalled by the bully tactics employed by the Holy Empire.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Signed,

Queen Akemi Mau

Mesairien Naval Storefront (PMT/FanT): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=226525&p=13080094#p13080094

Gooday sir/maddam, I'm British and despite my attempts to pay close attention to American politics I still don't know or even understand most things. As such, please excuse the several occassions when I appear to be ignorant, it is most unintentional I assure you.

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 am

The bonecrusher was the pride of the Phoenixian Fleet but still it was a military ship and couldn't hold the luxury the king was accustomed to. For a bloody week the Galeas with his 10 cannons and several soldiers on board was his prison and even in the night he doesn't find the joy he found normally. However the spell worked perfectly as ever so that nothing indicates his old age and the spirits he onced called were happy, even the fishs were happy about a few more corpse of formerly young maidens.
He smiled, yes the unity of the Phoenixian Kingdom were not possible by another King more focussed on his 'honor'. He had done things that would be considered barbaric, dark or simply evil but for him they were only pragmatic. He had saved the life of his soldiers while sacrificing millions of civilians that decided to stay with his enemies. Phoenixia would pay the price for it in the future but he had now an absolute loyal army, well trained and equipped by modern standards and that was a fair trade for him.

A knock on the door indicates what he suspected. " Are we finally arriving ?"
" Yes my Lord, we are arriving Mesairien shore within the next 2 hours."
" Very well, the new captain made a wonderful job. However you, Captain Larsen made an error in pronouncing. It doesn't called 'my lord' for 2 years now it called 'your highness or even better YOUR MAJESTY !" with that he shoot a fireball to the man who already tried to flee, foolish man, a true Phoenixian should die with honor and not like a rabbit running away from a predator.
He smiled, " So let the games begin, this foolish empire will regred the day they send a tribute demand to my Kingdom." He spoke to no one, well maybe except for the corpse of the former captain...

Valorono
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valorono » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:57 am

As the ship continued its voyage to the queendom each day seemed to grow longer and longer to the middle aged Tsar. He had been dealing with diplomatic Bull Shit for over sixty years. As his father died in office he was the longest serving Tsar by far at the age of 127. Though by Worgen standerds he was still not old. He tried passing the time by reading and fishing, but it made little leeway by the fact that the trip was incredibly boring.
As Moses was reading heard a knock on his door, he took off his reading spectacles and said
"Who is it?'
"Captain Amadaeus" The young Worgen replied
"What is it Captain?" Moses replied
"We have arrived at the queendom."
"Good, get your brother and lets get moving."
With that Moses closed his book and put his spectacles in his cloak. It had been a long week of sea fareing. He sniffed the air and said
"Ah fresh meat"
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."-Napoleon Bonaparte
Long live Byzantium
Hey There! Nice to meet you, I'm just your average god fearing guy, politically moderate, history buff, Athlete, Nerd, Poet, a

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Imperial Palace Zetadelmir, the City of Byzenjjork, Coltallia Province, the Grand Holy Empire of Constannia

Holy Emperor Clovis looked out from one of the balconies of the citadel of the Constannian Imperial line, Zetadellmir, gazing over the gardens of the palace. The breeze from the River Byzen blew his shoulder-length blonde hair about some, but it didn't annoy the middle-aged Holy Emperor of Constannia. Clovis took a deep breath of the fresh air before turning around and returning inside Zetadellmir. He had work to do.

Back in the Imperial Throne room, Holy Emperor Clovis went through the routine of his meetings, hearing reports on the treasury of the empire and domestic matters in the Holy Fatherland, before his military meeting finally began. Clovis gave a nod to one of the men present and the meeting, and he began to give his report.

"Your Imperial Majesty, and my fellow officers in His Imperial Majesty's Armed Forces, I am pleased to report that we have nearly conquered the Grand Duchy of Kalmevvon. We've pushed them to their last city, and the 9th fleet is closing in on their waters. Soon the Crimson Legion will be at the walls of Myrenth, and once the walls come down the capital of the Grand Duchy will be ours, and we will have yet another colony in the Grand Holy Empire," Said the Admiral.

"Good work, Lord Admiral Hallister. I am certain between your frigates and my brother's army that our victory is inevitable," Clovis replied, before noticing a messenger waiting to give him something. He beckoned wordlessly for the young man to approach with the letter in his hands.

"Your Imperial Majesty, a letter from the Emperor of the Brotherhood of Steel," the courier said, bowing and handing the Holy Emperor the letter before leaving the room. Clovis opened the letter and read it quickly, a neutral expression on his face.

"Very well. I can hear more of military matters later, for now I must direct my attention to responding to this letter. Good day, gentlemen," Clovis said, ending the meeting early as he departed for his study to write a response to the Dragon King. Once it was done he sent it to the Imperium by airship.

To His Grace Aegon I Targaryen, Dragon King and Emperor of the Imperium of the Brotherhood of Steel,

Your offer of a potential alliance greatly interests me, Dragon King. I can assure that even if you reject an alliance with Constannia the Grand Holy Empire will not start a war with your people. As for which alliance you should join, I would ask you to consider the two different sides of this rivalry. On the one hand, you have Mesairien. An old, powerful kingdom which had its time in the sun, but has began stagnating and falling to weakness. They claim they can keep the Aluvean safe and peaceful, yet can't even keep order in their own country! Not only have they had a civil war less than a decade ago, but their country is plagued by crime and chaos.

On the other hand, you have Constannia, a mighty, rising empire. Is our land rife with disorder and political infighting? Absolutely not! We are absolutely united as a lawful, orderly nation, and our power is only growing. The sun is setting on Mesarien, but it is just beginning to dawn for Constannia. As a fellow sovereign who rules over a united empire, I am certain you can sympathize with my perspective on this matter. Mesarien would have the Aluvean remain scattered kingdoms making war on each other and doing whatever madness they pleased. Constannia will have these weak, divided nations brought under one mighty banner. The question is, which ideal do you believe in more?

From,

His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Holy Emperor Clovis Arthuras Von Constannia III
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Mesairien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesairien » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:45 pm

7:32pm - Mesairien, Isle of Mesa, Capital City of Osiria, Royal Palace

Evening had come to the Queendom, Akemi had gone for a meal with the Effenmont Ambassador soon after she and Kortez had finished writing a general response to the Nations interested in the Summit.
Grand-Pauin Michael remained in his office to finish most of his remaining work and now, with much of it completed, was sat at his desk drinking a hot cup of Nasai Tea, reading an old document carried by the Rangers of Zenitath when they came to Mesairien - Grandmaster Thorpe had asked him to investigate all of the old papers such as this. For reasons unclear, he was immensley interested in the various coastal towns and villages of the ancient homeland.

With a sigh, Kortez put the document and his tea down was about to get up to leave for a quick bathroom break when one of his aides, Miss. Stacy Lau, came into his office with a letter in her hand and dropped it onto his desk. Stacy claimed that the letter had come by pigeon from the Imperium of the Brotherhood of Steel, a large state to the East of the Aluvean - to Mesairien's knowledge it and the nearby continent were one of the few areas in that part of the world untouched by the Undead hordes that ravaged the Eastern lands, it seemed even Necromancers were not moronic.
Michael sighed as he read the letter, he knew this meant the Imperium could end up siding with Constania and the Elven Imperium, a turn of events which could prove fatal for Mesairien and so he swiftly grabbed a quil and a nearby document and began writing a letter in response, neither Akemi nor Ireth could see to this now considering their meal - and Kortez was not in the mood to risk Ireth's wrath by disturbing them - but someone had to try and bring this Imperium on to Mesairien's side if they were hell bent on being paranoid and threatening Military action in the Aluvean, an area that should realistically be of no concequence to them.

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

To Dragon King and Emporer Aegon I Targaryen,
I write on the behalf of Her Royal Majesty, Queen Akemi, who is currently indisposed due to Mesairien hosting an International Summit between delegates of many Nations throughout the Aluvean Ocean.
We thank you for brining your concerns to us, but please know that Mesairien wishes to try and resolve this brewing conflict, which has not yet blown into a full scale war just yet so we ask you hold off on rallying your troops, with the Dual Crown Alliance peacefully if possible and if war comes then we are willing to fight them to the last to defend the innocent people throughout this land.

Please know that Mesairien is not an expansionist state, we acknowledge the rights and sovereignties of most Nations here in the Aluvean and indeed throughout the rest of the globe. Instead we are a Protectorate Nation, we are a powerful country and so give our protection to those weaker than ourselves for mutually beneficial trade agreements and Non-Aggression treaties.
So the Imperium may rest assured, it shall face no threat from our Nation at any point in the near, or far, future.

Obviously I cannot make you an offer for an alliance, despite being the head of foreign policies all Alliance offers and terms must be run through the Queen herself and the Ambassador for the Crown Protectorate, the group of Nations we protect. Instead I just ask that you hold off on making any rash decisions that may jepordize both the people of your Nation and the safety of the people of the Aluvean.

Kind regards,
Signed,

Michael Kortez

Ranger, Grand-Pauin

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 pm

7:38PM, Unclaimed waters between Transoxthraxia and Mesairien.

The seas had been calm and forgiving to the Transoxthraxian combined fleets. There had been few storms, and even fewer pirates. However, those who were heading towards Mesairien were not likely to get raided anyways, seeing as it was one of the most well-guarded fleets on the seas. The royal fleet, prior to this expedition, used to be a cobbled-together home defense force, with most of the legitimate fleet out patrolling the waters, however, now, it had been transformed, most of the patrols had been merged with the royal fleet, and the merchant junks and volunteer ships had been left behind in Transoxthraxia, and was accompanied by the grandest of all ships, the Transoxthraxian Royal Junk. It was as long as a battleship, but twice as grand. It had three stories, each held either personnel or the royal chambers themselves. There were three sails, arranged equal distances apart from each other on the deck. The very front of the ship was lined with hardened brass, which reflected the sun wonderfully in front of the ship in the twilight.

They were sailing for Mesairien, one of the once-powerful island kingdoms which had fallen into decay. They had promised protection from pirates, if the Transoxthraxians gave them something in return. The King of the Transoxthraxians and the Queen of the Atloalothi, the two rulers of the Dual-Kingdom of Transoxthraxia were on board the royal junk, and had two very different views on the meeting with the island kingdom.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

RebeliousCanada
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby RebeliousCanada » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:11 pm

RC Military Headquarters. 7:45 AM
Upon receiving the news that there would be a summit deciding war, Lord Archon quickly went to writing a letter in to her majesty.

It has come to my military headquarters that my ally Constannia may be undergoing battle with your military force. We Canadians do not let our allies be declared war on, such as your nation is doing now. I am now sending 5 million of my best soldiers and 45 percent of my navy to reinforce theirs. The great bear of Canada has awoken, and he will not sleep until he finds he who awoke him. And kill him. Hopefully, an agreement can be met at in the meeting, So my peoples blood does not need to be spilled on foreign soil.

Lord Archon thought about his father, and how he fought along with his fellow Elven and Constannian brethren in previous wars. He sealed the letter and sent it to his new found enemy.

" Papaius!" He yelled as a dwarf ran into the room.
"Yes? How may I be to your service, Sir?" Asked Papaius
"You may have to fetch me my armor. We may be at war" Said Archon as his eyes glow red.

Archon in his armor
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Archon boarded the ship to the meeting with his honor guard

Last edited by RebeliousCanada on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Elven Imperium
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Elven Imperium » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Mesairien wrote:
Sha-Coronel Malvain Ap Dryearessha of the Empire of the People,
Hello my Elven friend. I am writing this letter in regards to the blatant insults you thew at my most humble and gracious Majesty, Queen Akemi, in your last message. Now, I don't know who gave you informaton that we are hosting a summit but I will find out and I will not deny it, we are.
What shall you do about it? Nothing. Why? Because Mesairien is not partaking in these 'Aggressive' acts that you claim we are, we are simply providing the same service you are. And actually, at better cost considering we did it for centuries for free. Now that we are back on our feet after that brutal Civil war we want to do it for our close allies, again, for free. Sorry if that doesn't live up to your standards of pirate protection but there you go.

Now sir, we are at a crossroads. You and the Holy Empire are dangerous, I know this. But Mesairien is equally dangerous, even in her weakened state. You know this. The question is, what happens next? You are either going to attack us and spark a war with Mesairien and her allies, some of which include your own allies, you must realize this will cause massive casualties on both sides.
The result will plunge Aluvean into a war from which it may never recover, you forget so many Islands are on the brink of destruction thanks to your exploitation. Which is what it is, don't try and hide it from me my friend, I've seen it all before.
Or, you are going to back down and work with us. Why would you do that? Think about it, the Far Eastern Provinces are falling to the Necromancers. If we don't do something, the Aluvean could soon fall aswell. So make your choice, and have a much nicer tone in your next message or I won't be so pleasent when we finally meet either in a meeting or on the Battlefield.

Sincerely,
Grandmaster Matthew Thorpe

"

Malvain was ferious when he recieved the letter. How dare a underling speak to him, the leader of the Elven Empire with such a tone. He was angry and annoyed. The kingdom of Mesairien was supplying warships that was no lie. He had sent a letter warning them to stop or else. Now this underling Thorpe dared to call his bluff. Well so be it he would learn Elves never make bluffs. Malvain walked in to the war room with his generals. Once more the esembled Elven lords and Ladies waited on the attendence of their king. Malvain took the center of the war table. "Generals, Admirals and noble commanders. The kingdom of Mesairien has taken our reply and demand and rejected it entirely. They dare to supply our enemies openly. This will not stand. Commanders we will strike soon. Once our military is in place we will strike with our full force." Malvain turn to Duke Larad Ap Aelsarrad. "Admiral, you will order the fleet to engage any Mesairien seen in support of our enemies. I want your ships to sink them. Do Hear Me. Sink them. That bitch and her lap dog will learn we are not be trilled with." Malvin said with a fury in his voice. "Yes my lord." Larad responded. "My lord if I may. This is not necessary. perhaps if we approach them diplomatically again with talk instead of fire , we could get our demands accomplish with out firing a shot." Duke Vyshaan sad speaking up. Malvain responded sharply. "General you speak out of your place. I am Sha-Coronel, I will make the decision. and my decision is War. let those fools burn and learn that we are a people to fear." Malvain spoke again "I am leaving for today to speak with our Allies and see if they wish to help us punish these fools that dare to insult both of us. when I return I want our armies and fleet in position and ready to strike." "Yes Sha-Coronel" The ensemble lords replied. Staffied that his order where delivered Malavain left to prepare for his trip to the Holy Empire.

Office of the Sha-Coronel

Queen Akemi of Mesairien
The Empire does not appreciate the tone and the language of your servant Thorpe. Obviously your majesty does not possess the courage or capacity to speak with a fellow sovereign. I will note your handicap in our future discussions. Well onward to the matter at hand. Your people have sent warships to countries we are engaged with in hostility. That madam is a blatant act of war. In response I am giving you this warning. Remove your warships from nation we are engaged in with hostilities. If you do not. Further methods will be taken to persuade your majesty the futility of this course. Madam I'm sure Thorpe and others in your government will think we are bluffing because of your military might. Think on this your still recovering from your civil problems. We are at the height of our power. Now you may think we equals in military power, perhaps that true, but we are allies with the Holy Empire of Costannia. I doubt your nation could stand between the two of us in open war. Do not tempt us to go down that path, you would lose. Remove your ships or Else

Sincerely,
The Sha-Coronel

PS: By the way your majesty. I have order my fleet to sink any of your ships engaged with commerce or protection of any nation hostile to the Empire. Remember this if nothing else , Elves don't bluff. Thank you.
Last edited by The Elven Imperium on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empire of the Tel'Quessir (the people)
"The Elven Imperium"
Sha Coronal Celanor Ap Vyshaan the First

Mesairien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesairien » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:36 am

OOC: Elven, I’m not responding to your letter just yet – I’ll do that once the timeline moves on to the next day. My Communication line is good but it isn’t so fantastic I can get a letter to you and then take another back again within 4 Hours :p
Also – Transoxthraxia and Val, you two can arrive at the docks whenever you feel like, though when you do it’ll be Morning in Mesairien, and I’ll have a delegation already set up and ready to meet you.

As dusk began to fall and an Orange glow engulfed the skies of Mesairien the delegation vessel from Valorono became the first to enter into Mesairien waters. Not long after, they found themselves being tailed at a distance by a large Mesairien Frigate and a small Pinnace. This was standard procedure in the Queendom, the Frigate was there to make sure the foreign ship did not deviate from it’s course and would not leave it’s side until it was headed up the River Falorn on Mesa, towards the Capital city. Whilst the Pinnace was there for the same initial reasons, but once the River was reached it would use it’s speed to zip ahead of the Valorono vessel and dock several hours before them in order to alert the Queen of the impending arrival of the first Delegation.

Back at the Palace Queen Akemi just finished her meal with the Effenmont Ambassador and had bid her farewells, wishing to get away from the intolerable man as quickly as possible, leaving her wife Ireth to deal with him – she was, after all, a far better Ambassador than Akemi anyway. All around her Palace workers were hard at work, already preparing the Summit hall for the meeting, it was far from finished but at the rate these people were working it wouldn’t take more than a day or two. The rooms for the Foreign Delegates had already been prepared and were lying vacant, ready to accept their new guests.
As she wandered the halls, Akemi’s mind was weighed heavily upon by the news she had been given about the Elven Imperium. After discussing it with the Princess-Consort, she found that Ireth agreed with Thorpe that the Imperium was nothing but a pathetic rag tag of sycophants and held no real power in the Aluvean, they were simply the Holy Empire’s magic wielding attack dog. However, Akemi was not entirely convinced by this notion that the Elves would not spark a war out of stupidity – they were, after all, nothing to do with the Effenmont Elves who detested unnecessary war.

But, alas, right now there was nothing that could be done.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Brotherhood Steel the 2nd » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Dragonsthrone: The Imperial Palace of St. Petersmarch

"Decisions, being the one to make those decisions has never been an easy or fair task to myself. Politics, arranged marriages, food shortages, taxation, all of these problems I didn't have to worry about before I was King. Some days I wonder if it was the right thing to do, to repel against the 5 Kings of Westeros to unify the Seven Kingdoms. Everything was much simpler back then, before the War... "

These thoughts continued to linger through Aegon's mind throughout the week as his nation prepared themselves for war. It had been almost a week since Aegon and the Inner Council started their nation's preparations, and yet neither Mesairien nor the Dual Crown Alliance had responded back to Aegon's letter. In that time, the Imperium had begun moving their ships towards the Aluvean Sea and mobilizing their armies towards the western territories. As he sat there on his throne contemplating what side his nation would join, the Inner Council and Minor Lords were arguing among themselves over how to proceed with the deployments. "General Lannister, you know that we need to leave behind at least ten to fifteen million soldiers behind to defend the Imperium, otherwise our defenses will become too weak against the Undead hordes from the North. And even at the number I strongly encourage that we leave twenty million behind, just to be on the cautious side," Lord Stark addressed to General Lannister. Lord Stark, the Hand of the King, had been raised in the North and had a firsthand experience with dealing with the Undead hordes that constantly threatened the Imperium. Stark was a cautious and defensive man, preferring a strong defense over an aggressive offense. "If we don't leave enough soldiers in the Imperium or on the Northern Wall, then we put ourselves at risk from the Undead Hordes and the risk of a multiple front war. I strongly advise otherwise General Lannister against any other course."

As Lord Stark finished his address, General Lannister proceeded to raise from his seat opposed of Lord Stark's proposal. General Lannister, himself nearing sixty years of age, had been in the military for over forty years and has served many kings and lords before Aegon. Lannister was most famous for defense of St. Petersmarch thirty years prior; were he managed to hold off the combined armies of the Undead Legion of Krotos for five years. As such, General Lannister knew war and was annoyed that he was being told otherwise by Lord Stark. "Excuse, my lord, but before you start telling us what to do with the Imperium's military, let me remind you that you aren't the only one here that has fought the Undead Hordes. If I was able to hold St. Petersmarch from the Undead Legions of Krotos with 2,000 men for five years, I think, no I know that we can leave five million men behind to hold down the Imperium's defenses and still have men to spare even with that number. We haven't spent the last ten years building up our forces and defenses just to leave half our forces to sit back. Besides, the Undead Hordes were defeated and forced beyond the Northern Wall fifteen years ago, and we defeated them with only 250,000 soldiers at the time. So I feel that five million would hinder our ability to have an effective deterrent in the Aluvean Sea or claim any territory from our enemies. So I think you should just sit back and let the experienced warriors lead this war." General Lannister took pride in insulting Lord Stark and his age, being that the general was fifteen years Stark's senior and therefore, as Lannister thought, had more battle experience.

As Stark and Lannister argued back and forth over how to deploy the Imperium's soldiers, one of the aides from the Office of Foreign Affairs came into Dragonsthrone and handed a letter to Aegon, bearing the Royal Mesairien Seal. Aegon thanked the aide and started to read the letter; which after some time, his facial expression went from neutral to one of curiosity and disappointment. The letter clearly stated that neither Mesairien nor her allies wanted war with the Imperium, but also that they couldn't offer an alliance until their Summit was over. Clearly, this didn't sit well with Aegon that much, but at least Mesairien responded to his nation's plea. He thought to himself, Well they didn't offer an alliance, but they also acknowledged that they wish not to have conflict with the Imperium. How should I proceed with this nation? After some thorough thinking and examining the letter again, Aegon raised his hand to silence everyone in Dragonstone. "My lords, this letter I received comes from the Kingdom of Mesairien with their response. They acknowledge that they wish not to cause war with us with this conflict brewing in the Aluvean Sea, but at the same time they cannot offer an alliance until after this summit of theirs is over. Now, normally I would be fine with this, but seeing that we have already begun our nation's mobilization, I feel that we need to make a personal visit to Mesairien to explain our case. Lord Stark and Lord Stiffen, the both of you will proceed to the capital of Mesairien with 100 of my Royal Guards aboard our capital ship, the Might of the Imperium. Upon arrival, I want you to plead our current situation to their Queen. You have seven days to go to Mesairien and broker a deal. Otherwise we will cast our lot with the Dual Crown Alliance." With that Aegon dismissed the two lords and proceeded to the Kings Tower to look over more personal manners.

Bay of Kings: St. Petersmarch

The Might of the Imperium was the newest and largest vessel in the Imperial Steel fleet. At 400ft long and weighting in at over 7,000 tons, the capital ship of the Imperium boosted over 150 cannons and carried over 1,000 Imperial Sailors and Marines. With the recent notice of Lord Stark and Lord Stiffen were heading out to Mesairien, the Might of the Imperium was in a hurry to load on last minute supplies before they left. As noon approached, Lord Stark and Lord Stiffen boarded the ship and they were off to Mesairien; as they were set to arrive in three days time.

Kings Tower: The Imperial Palace of St. Petersmarch

King's Tower was the personal residence of King Aegon and his family, a separate castle apart of the Imperial Palace. Looking over the Bay of Steel and the rest of St. Petersmarch, King's Tower offered the best strategic view of the entire city and also offered Aegon the best scenery of the Imperium. As he looked from the balcony onto the Bay of Steel, Aegon saw the Might of the Imperium sail off towards Mesairien and hopefully, towards an alliance for the Imperium. Being King, Aegon had access to near unlimited resources and power, being the first man in Westeros to unite an entire continent under one ruler. However, power came at a cost for Aegon, as he had no heir to his throne since he never married. After becoming king, Aegon was approached by many suitors to become his queen, but he was never satisfied. As he continued to look over the Bay, Aegon thought of how this conflict would have panned out if he had never united Westeros.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Tempting Fate: A Side is Chosen

Postby Brotherhood Steel the 2nd » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm

The Might of the Imperium: Somewhere in the Aluvean Sea

The evening sea was calm and lifeless as the Might of the Imperium laid anchored off shore somewhere in the middle of the Aluvean. The previous day of travel had been fruitful for the Imperium and her guests, as they had made it more than halfway across the Aluvean Sea ahead of their estimated scheduling of arrival. As such Lord Stiffen, being the Admiral of the Fleet, decided to anchor off shore off of some uninhabited island to allow the crew to stretch their legs and to enjoy the night without having to haste themselves to get to Mesairien. As the crew and guards went off-shore, both Lord Stiffen and Lord Stark stayed behind with the captain of the Imperium and several Royal Guards to go over strategy and planning for the meeting with Mesairien. As they all sat around the table in the aft lounge, Lord Stark was going over statistics of soldiers and the defenses within the Imperium. "I understand that General Lannister wants to go to war, but leaving only five million troops behind in the Imperium is insane. Between the men we need to man the Northern Wall and the rest of the defenses within the Imperium, we need at least ten million to meet the bare minimal and fifteen to be fully prepared. Leaving only five million men would but us at risk from a northern invasion from the Undead Hordes and leave the Imperium at risk. He out of all people should remember what power and destruction the Undead Hordes brought the last time they swept through Westeros 25 years ago." Lord Stark was clearing speaking in fear now, as his face gave off a lifeless expression and he looked as if death was staring at him.

Lord Stiffen, being only a man of 23, had little understanding of Lord Stark's fears so he decided to poke the fire to see if he could find out more. "Excuse me, Lord Stark, but why are you paranoid of this Undead Horde? Excuse myself if I might ask, but to my understanding we defeated them to the point were they lay in the Northern Wilds beyond the Northern Wall. Why would any of us have to fear them when the Imperium has over twenty million soldiers and the world's strongest and most fortified defenses? Besides, it has been over 20 years since anyone has seen or heard of the Undead Hordes. How do we even know that they still exist?" Lord Stark looked over to Lord Stiffen and gave him a look that would terrify many a men. Raising from his seat Lord Stark proceeded to explain the terror that haunted his memories. "Lord Stiffen, seeing as you weren't even around when the Undead Hordes were destroying Westeros, I'm going to tell you why they need to be feared and not forgotten. They still do exist and they are more of a threat to the world then all of these nations combined." And so Lord Stark began to tell Lord Stiffen the terrors and realities that the Undead Hordes were as they sat there that night...

Kings Tower: The Imperial Palace of St. Petersmarch

It was a restless night for King Aegon, as nightmares from the War of Kings and the War of Purity still haunted his mind; even 25 years after the manner. As he awoke from his sleep and rolled out from his massive bed, the cool of the marble floors quickly reminded Aegon how cold it was in the mornings. Reaching for his robes, Aegon made his way to the hot springs to bathe himself and enjoy the view of the morning sun rising from the east. As he watched the sun rise over the city, Aegon felt cool and collective knowing that after twenty long years on the throne, he was able to build up the Imperium to the point were there was no fear of foreign invasion or threat from the Undead Hordes of the North. He thought to himself, After all of these years, my country's multiple scarifies and my own are finally repaying themselves back in full. The Imperium now host the largest army on in the Eastern World and our defenses are second to none. Yet, I still fear that with this conflict brewing in the west, the Imperium will have to use that strength for our very survival. Even after all of these years, war is unavoidable. As Aegon continued to contemplate his thoughts, his younger brother Stannis entered the room with several letters in his hand. "Aegon, you knew mom taught you better than to bathe naked while in the presence of company. And I thought you were supposed to be king after all." Lord Stannis loved to abuse his older brother; for even though Aegon was the Dragon King, Stannis was the one that kept the Imperium from running dry on its wealth. As Aegon exited from the spring and proceeded to dress in his state attire, Stannis continued on with some announcements. "Getting back to business, you have a noon lunch meeting with the Inner Council to finalize the nation's troop deployments and set in stone on how many men we're leaving to man the defenses. Also we have reports that the Might of the Imperium will be arriving in Mesairien sometime tomorrow afternoon, a full day ahead of schedule. At this rate both Lord Stark and Lord Stiffen will arrive back five days from tomorrow with news on whether or not they agree to our terms. Plus, with all of the troop deployments going on, I've taken 50 million gold septums fro the Imperial Treasury to pay for the new weapons and armor for the Imperium Forces. It is a bit pricey, but when you decided to equip all of the Imperium's forces with Meteoric Draconian Steel in their weapons and armor, the expenses do add up."

As Stannis continued to recite the received announcements, Aegon finished donning his attire; which consisted of his formal black and crimson dress shirt and pants, black leather boots, a crimson belt, a matching set of Meteoric Draconian Steel greaves and gauntlets with scale-mail shirt, heavy black and silver ceremonial robes, and his crown. After he finished dressing himself, Aegon interrupted Stannis. "Stannis, other then the news on the location of the Might of the Imperium or the updates on the troop deployments, I have little use or care for the amount this war is going to cost. I know you have a handle on the Imperium's wealth and I know that you won't see it depleted so there is no need for me to know what you are spending it on. And from what I recall, baby brother, mother also taught us that you don't interrupt someone's bathing; especially your king's at that. Is there any other news you have for me that doesn't relate to things I already know, Stannis?" Seeing that Aegon was acting as his normal self, Stannis continued on with his conversation with his brother and king. "Well, your Grace, now that you did mention it, I do have these two sealed letters from Constannia and the Elven Imperium. They arrived late last evening and are still sealed for you, my Grace." Aegon quickly took both letters and proceeded to read them aloud as he paced around the room. After going through both letters, Aegon handed both of them back to Stannis as he headed to the balcony to look over the city. Lord Stannis followed Aegon and proceeded to start conversing with him to see what Aegon was thinking. "Well brother, it sounds like both Constannia and the Elven Imperium want us to join their alliance as a full member. It is tempting, seeing as they both have strong nations and that our reports have Mesairien still recovering from their civil war. We could join them, but doing so would have the other nations from the Aluvean Sea mark us as enemies. However, I don't see them becoming an issue seeing as we lie halfway across the world from were they reside and the fact that our defenses are impregnable. How do you wish to proceed?" As Stannis finished his statement, he noticed that Aegon had a smirk on his face; a smirk he hadn't seen since he became the Dragon King of the Imperium.

After soaking in his brother's words, Aegon finally spoke his mind to his younger brother. "Stannis, I find it very funny that both of these nations are very accepting to letting us join their alliance without a second thought. Mesairien on the other hand didn't even offer a treaty or promise of one when they replied back to my letter. It shows that Mesairien has really lost her influence and power over that civil war. And the fact that they are requesting military and financial need to rebuild their nation shows that their coffers and military are losing steam everyday this conflict brews. This also shows that both Constannia and the Elven Imperium need assistance to sustain their attacks on Mesairien; for they know even their combined strength would be hurt by the combined strength of the Aluvean. So the question stands, do we side with a crumbling empire or do we side with two upstart kingdoms warring against the world as we know it? That is the true question." Stannis was confused and speechless over what Aegon had just said. Stannis knew what his brother said was true, but at the same time Aegon didn't give a clear answer to who the Imperium was going to side with. Finally, after much speculation and waiting, Aegon finally spoke again to reveal his intentions. "Stannis, send our fastest vessel to intercept the Might of the Imperium and have them relay this message to Lord Stark and Lord Stiffen: Both are to change course and head to the capital of Constannia to meet myself and the rest of the Inner Council. Mesairien is a dying empire that is fading into the darkness. The Imperium will side with Constannia and the Elven Imperium in this war and we will win this war. The world will come to know and respect or fear the Three Headed Dragon, the world will come to know and respect The Dragon King!"

Lord Stannis's Desk: The Imperial Palace of St. Petersmarch

As Aegon broke the news to the rest of the Inner Council and as they all proceeded to make ready for the trip to the Constannian capital, Lord Stannis had a letter made up for Mesairien that was to be delivered to their Queen. It read as follow:

To the Esteemed Queen of Mesairien:

I write on behalf of my lord, Dragon King Aegon I Targaryen, to say thank you for responding back to our grievances and concerns. He understands that currently you are hosting a Summit to try to resolve this Crisis in a peaceful manner and he has the utmost respect for you in doing so. We may have not have much contact with your nation in the past but we wish and hope that in the future our nations will become better acquainted with one another through trade and, hopefully, an alliance. As such, our nation will be sending a representative from our nation in one week's time from today to meet with you to discuss manners of state and to establish ties between our nation. We do wish to see this crisis averted at all costs and, if the time calls, we will act to protect the interests of your nation and those you serve. We respect your nation for its history and we respect you as its esteemed leader. May the Blessings of the Seven be with you until we meet.

Sincerely,

Lord Stannis Targaryen
Lord Treasurer of the Imperium and Keeper to the King

As Stannis sealed the letter and sent it onto a carrier pigeon, he knew the letter was to act as a distraction. Everything in the letter was false; there would be no representative to talk with Mesairien about an alliance or that the Imperium was going to help them at all. The letter was meant, as Aegon suggested, to have Mesairien and her allies fall into a false sense of security that they were going to have an ally attack the Dual Crown Alliance from their flanks. It was the perfect trap for Mesairien, and they wouldn't realize it until they saw the combined fleets of the Imperium and the Dual Crown Alliance storming the capital of Mesairien itself.

Bay of Kings/Aluvean Sea

It was mid afternoon when King Aegon and his Inner Council left for the capital of Constannia. Leaving with 100 ships and 100,000 men, the purpose of this fleet was too secure and finalize the alliance with Constannia and the Elven Imperium. Plus, it was to show Aegon's new allies what power and might his nation had to offer in the upcoming war. As his fleet set sail for Constannia another ship, the Spirit of the Sevens was heading towards the location of the Might of the Imperium to relay the King's message to Lord Stark and Lord Stiffen. While not the most heavy armed vessel in the Imperial Steel Navy, the Spirit of the Sevens was the fastest vessel that the Imperium had, and that speed was need to relay the message to both of the lords. Luckily, the winds were fair to the Spirit of the Sevens, as she was able to intercept the Might of the Imperium the following afternoon. Still recovering from the previous night's discussion and events, both Lord Stark and Lord Stiffen were confused and amazed that their King had ordered them to meet at the Constannian capital. After talking among themselves, however, both lords knew that the decision that was made for the Imperium was the most sensible and it would also allow for the Imperium to secure itself from attack with new allies. As both ships made their way to rejoin the King's Fleet, both lords began to form strategies and finalize their troops deployments before the Imperium set out for war.

Bay of Byzenjjork: Constannia

It had been only two days since they left the Imperium, but at last King Aegon and his fleet were at the Bay of Byzenjjork. All of the Inner Council and himself stood on the fore-deck of the Might of the Imperium as they looked at the large capital of Constannia. As both Elven and Constannian ships approached his fleet, King Aegon knew that signing this alliance would bring war to the Imperium. But as they boarded the emissary vessel and headed towards the capital, Aegon felt himself smiling again as he thought to himself, Finally, after all of these years, I feel alive again. Now we'll see what these two nation's leaders are made of. The Dragon King has chosen, and he chooses WAR!

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 am

Still grumbling about the incompetence of the former captain the king stood on deck seeing the City of Osiria. It was a impressive sight and that was not good for his mood either, he would destroy the whole city of kings harbor and would rebuild it greater then ever before, to hell with the complains of the population there HE WAS THE KING AFTERALL !
When the ship hit the docks there was already a delegation waiting for them. However a Delegation was not very sufficient for someone like King Erik Eirikson II, unitifier of the Kingdom, one of the mightiest rulers of the Aluvean Seas (in his opinion) and high mage.
" Is that what you call diplomacy ? Sending a DELEGATE to us ? Your chances that we don't switch sides to Constanniana already degreased." He yelled before the Mesairiens could say a word, smashing his fist against the wood of the ship.
" Tell this Queen I expect better treadment. I will accept this for now but only because time is money. Now let's move. Behind him a small dispatch of soldiers and at least 20 maidens between 14 and 18 lined up, after all he didn't know how long this 'conference' would take and how many strength he would need in the end...
Last edited by Kingdom of Phoenixia on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valorono
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valorono » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:04 am

As The Valoronoian Vessel arrived at the harbor of the Mesairen capitol the Tsar and his two Bodyguards place when they arrived they waited at the docks for a greeting from their hosts.
Last edited by Valorono on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long live Byzantium

The Basileia Rhomaion
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Basileia Rhomaion » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 am

Prince Michael was not much of a salior. He never enjoyed these long sailing trips like the one he was doing with now. His brother, the Emperor, want him to visit some sumit in the far way Aluvean Seas. The Empire had no intrestedin this region at the present time. It was far away from the Imperial fronteeir. Michael hated these types of assignment. He was a soldier, not a diplomat. His place was on a battlefield, terriorizing the Enmeies of Constanapole. Not listen to some boring discussion in a diplomatic sumit. Michael almost refused this coomand from his brother until his brother informed him of the beauty of the Mesairien queen and her consort. Michael was also informed by his brother that the queen was a follower of the ways of Sappho. This did not bother the young prince. He would behave like a Roman prince. He would not do anything inappropriate. Now if the young queen or her lover felt any inclination...well. He cross that bridge when he got it. The very thought of that possibity made the young prince smile. The Prince only brought a small number and attendants. For his protection he had brought a small company of the dreaded Varangian Guard. These large power men of the north had provided the Empire with loyal service for centuries. As a reward for their service they where permanently assigned as a part of the Imperial guard. For the last couple of months he had been enjoying sailing on one of the Empire's new sailing ships of the line. The Emperor Heraclius. The Heraclius was a Byzantine ship of the line. 180ft long and carried 50 cannons. It truly was a mighty warship.

As the Heraclius pulled into the harbor of Capital City of Orias, Prince Michael got his first look at the queen. She was even more beautiful then he had imagine. The Prince savored the sight as his ship docked. When the Heraclius docked, The prince and his entourage mad their may before the queen. Once there Prince Michael bowed. "On behalf of the His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor of Rome and Constantinople Theodore and his Most Divine All-Holiness the Archbishop of Constantinople New Rome and Ecumenical Patriarch Gregory IV, I bring you greeting." Michael paused to bow. Once he was done bowing, Michael continued. "It its a pleasure to be in your fine country and If I may be so bold, the rumors of your great beauty do not do your majesty justice." With that statement Michael took Akemi's hand and kissed it. As he finished, Prince Michael look to see what Akemi feeling where, from his charming entrance.

(Prince Michael Nolandios)

(The Varangian Guard)
Last edited by The Basileia Rhomaion on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mesairien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesairien » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:37 pm

OOC: Man, never get behind on posts! – Sorry to Val and Phoen, I decided to skip ahead after your arrivals but feel free to RP your King and Tsar’s reactions to Akemi and Mesairien – you’re free to wander the Palace and explore the Capital at will in future posts until the Summit.

Mesairien, Isle of Mesa, Capital City of Osiria, Royal Palace
11:21am - Jaruven 4th 1271 S.Y.

This morning had become quite hectic around the Palace, there was a lot to do for preparations for the Summit and both Akemi and Ireth had become indisposed attempting to cover all of their bases – thanks to Thorpe finally finding the time to slip away to Castle Kleira to initiate his new Rangers - and the Protectorate Ambassador, Sir Walter Shell, also had several annoying requests that needed to be fulfilled. After all, the Queendom needed the Protectorate to be onside should anything occur between Mesairien and the Dual Crown Alliance since both helping other Nations and fighting a war would severely reduce Akemi’s ability to ensure the safety of the two dozen Island Nations under her jurisdiction.

In lieu of this, Akemi asked Grand-Pauin Michael Kortez to take her place and go to greet the King of Phoenixia who would be the first delegate to arrive this morning, it was a shame he could not be greeted properly but she hoped he would be wise enough to understand the demands that were laying on her shoulders.
Of course, neither Akemi nor Kortez could of predicted this King to be such an obnoxious imbecile, to say the least. He’d just landed and already he was throwing threats around, despite the very formal and spectacular greeting of 12 Rangers, 24 Keirin, 200 Knights and even a release of dozens of Silver Eagles. None of it had even phased this King - the creepy ensemble of a peculiarly young Harem didn’t help Kortez’s impression either. He attempted to calm the Phoenixian down but the man would have none of it, so in the end Kortez resorted to keeping his mouth shut and simply informing the King he would be taken to see Akemi at the Palace – hopefully she could explain, though without any Ranger masters or any of the Blades around it was doubtful they could really put this man in his place, so there was bound to be a substantial amount of obnoxious shouting.

When they arrived at the Palace door Akemi was already stood with an assortment of Keirin guards by either side of her, a runner had already informed her of the Grand-Pauin’s impending arrival with a difficult tag-along.
“King Erikson the second, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance – I am Queen Akemi Mau of the Queendom of Mesairien, apologies I could not meet you at the harbour but there is much work that needs to be done for the summit and I have been indisposed this morning.” Akemi said, smiling warmly as she raised her hand to shake Erik’s – something told her that today was going to be incredibly long.
After a long discussion… or dispute, nobody was entirely sure as King Erik was immensely erratic, the King was shown to his Quarters on the Eastern Wing of the Royal Palace – his room was the first door on the right and overlooked the beautiful gardens.

8:23am Jaruven 5th

Akemi was sat in the throne room alongside Ireth, today had been pretty quiet considering what had transpired the previous day. The Royal workers had almost gotten the Summit room completely furnished and they could begin shortly. However the issues with the Elven Imperium that arose still weigh heavily on Akemi's mind, she had never had the heart for war and it seemed the Imperium was just looking for a reason to bring down the aging and weakened Super-Power that was Mesairien.
"Are you okay my love?" Ireth queried, Akemi had been silent for most of the Afternoon which was very unlike her. Akemi simply turned to Ireth, smiled and nodded which didn't exactly make Ireth feel any better. Before she could push the matter further however, Grand-Pauin Michael Kortez ran into the throne room holding a letter in his hand.
"Kortez, what is it?" Ireth shouted across the room, Kortez didn't reply and just ran straight up to the thrones.
"My ladies, you must read this letter. It appears Thorpe's usual charming demeanour didn't help the situation as we'd hoped." Akemi shut her eyes in fear, but nodded and quickly opened them again, grabbing the letter, Ireth rose from her seat and moved over to Akemi's side who now held the letter open infront of them as they read. As she read, her heart sank but Ireth realised at once and quickly placed her hand on Akemi's and grasped it, giving a supportive look before speaking.
"Don't be scared Faráleane, we'll get through this. The Elven Imperium is strong but it will take time for word to get out and for their forces to attack our ships." Akemi nodded at this and handed the letter back to Kortez before staring into Ireth's eyes for several moments. She then gave a half smile and turned back to Kortez.
"Michael, fetch me a quill and paper, I will contact this Elven bastard myself" Realizing what she had said Akemi quickly spun back around to face Ireth. "No offense darling" Ireth giggled and shook her head.

With that Akemi spent the next ten minutes formulating a response to the Imperium, things were not looking good but luckily Thorpe had already sent Masters Garrick and Alec on a quick tour of the Island chain to recruit as many people as they could to bolster the standing Army – Kai was doing the same here on Mesa – and finally Admiral Nelson had cleared up his dispute with the foreign traders, made a nice profit for the Queendom while he was at it, and had set out for the Pirate Cove. The home of the Pirate Armada. Things looked bleak, yes, but both the Queen and her wife were confident their Blades could easily turn things around and get the Queendom back on form and ready to face down all opposition.

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

Sha-Coronel Malvain Ap Dryearessha of the Empire of the People, since you have shown such anger and disregard towards my entrusted Advisorial-General Grandmaster Thorpe, I have decided to write this letter myself. I trust you won't be so insulting to me considering your previous tone.

I am keeping this short as I have alot of business to attend to, what with holding a summit between all of my allies and all. You have claimed Mesairien is undertaking an act of war by supplying ships when we are simply helping to defend our allies from Pirate attacks and attacks by your ships because they won't pay your ludicrous taxes. Their lands are not yours, I don't quite understand why your ships would even be in their waters in the first place as it is clear none of them want you to defend them.

Now, you are the one deciding to that it is justified to attack Mesairien ships unprovoked? I had hoped that Grandmaster Thorpe's usual aggressive and aggrovating tone would subliminaly convey the message to you that starting a war, now of all times, is an extremely bad idea. We need to stand together!
But, it is clear to me you are simply using this as an opportunity to wage yet another war in the Aluvean and strike down what would be one of your top adversaries. I will not bother trying to change your mind as you just won't listen I pray the Empire of Constannia may help you see reason and convince you to decide for peace, that is all I want. The path I have taken was forced by your hand when you unjustly invaded smaller Nations and began exploiting those weaker than you.

No more I say, we must come to a peaceful solution or many thousands shall lose their lives unnecesarily. Do not let your honor and ideas of total conquest blind your senses, Mesairien would not be alone if you attacked, we have made many friends in our existence as I'm sure have you. Please, take a moment and think before you respond to me. Peace is all I want, BUT I cannot accept a peace where the Imperium and Empire are causing small Nations such as Malronia to begin to crumble underneath their own weight, being unable to support it any longer as all of their money and food supplies are going to you for a service they do not want.

Sincerely,
Signed,

Queen Akemi Mau

2:37pm – City docks

Akemi felt much better after sending the letter to the Imperium. She was able to vent her feelings, but on-top of that things had taken a much brighter tone. Mere moments ago she received a letter from the Emperor of the Brotherhood of Steel which informed her that he wished for peaceful and friendly relations to brew between the two Nations and that he had dispatched a small envoy to come to the summit and meet Akemi in person – such a powerful ally was a truly spectacular event, surely Goddess Kleira had played a hand in this development.

Now, however, was not the time to ponder on the actions of Deity’s and foreign lands. The Tsar of Valorono was due to arrive any moment and this time Akemi was determined not to ruin the first impressions as she had with the King of Phoenixia. She stood shoulder to shoulder with Commander Kai, with 12 Rangers behind her and 24 Queen’s Keirin behind them and the 200 Mesairien Knights standing in a greeting formation – four lines of 50, two either side of the pier – around her. These Knights wore their very best armour for the occasion, to show off Mesairien’s wealth and pride.

As the Valoronian vessel pulled into the docks ropes began to be thrown all around to tether the vessel to land. Akemi closed her eyes and took a deep breath as the gang plank lowered and off came the King of… Valorono? The sight perplexed her, a strange Humanoid animal had exited the vessel – she had heard rumours of such a strange species but had never come face to face with one, this Tsar’s species seemed similar to the Vrekier, an anthromorphic species that roamed the Mesairien planes and rarely came into contact with humans, but something was different – he seemed more tame and civilized. Shaking her head, Akemi rid herself of these thoughts and approached Tsar Moses alongside Kai.

She curtsied and Kai Bowed to the creature once they had finished walking down the gang plank.
“A pleasure to meet you Tsar Moses the third, I am Queen Akemi ruler of the Queendom of Mesairien. I thank you for coming to our humble Summit of Nations this day – might our workers offload your vessel whilst I walk you to the Palace?” She humbly asked as several Silver Hawks squawked overhead.

12:25pm 6th Jaruven – Undisclosed Location on the coast of the Isle of Mesa
While all of this was occurring, Admiral Nelson had been incredibly busy at his coastal base. With Mesairien preparing a summit and offering to provide pirate protection he had been ordered by Ireth to arrange a meeting with Pirate-Lord Lissette, a close ally of Mesairien, to come to some sort of deal concerning the sovereign waters of the Queen. After all, while Nelson's fleets were away Mesairien still needed protection, only Lissette could really provide that on a decent and trustworthy level.

"Nelson, a pleasure to see you again!" Lissette bellowed as she entered the Captain's quarters on H.M.S Defiance. Nelson, who was sat at his desk with a cup of rum, stood up and simply looked upon the Pirate-Lord with disdain, Lissette and her Pirate Armada had made an alliance with Thorpe and Akemi during the Civil War while Nelson was idiotically helping the Noble Families. Needless to say, a lot of Mesairien vessels had been destroyed or taken by the Armada in those few years.
"I wish I could say the same Lissette. Now sit down, we have a lot to talk about." He said, simply pointing the chair on the opposite side of his table and sat back down, taking another sip of rum.
"Oh Nelson, always so angry. I am glad Thorpe didn't listen to me and refused to kill you, life is so much funner now." She replied, clearly being sarcastic, as she sat down on the chair. "Now what is this about?"

Nelson simply gave a half-smile and placed his rum back down on the table.
"Mesairien is looking to go back into our old role, defend the nearby Nation's ships from pirates like you." Lissette simply glared at Nelson as he said this, she shook her head and replied;
"Like me? Last time I checked I was fucking hero, I assume you want me to defend Mesairien's waters while most of your ships are trying to retain lost glory." Nelson grunted angrily and nodded, he'd always resented how much faith Queen Akemi had in a mere Pirate. "Thought so, I'll do it. When you get back to the capital do tell Akemi that I'll be sending my price to Thorpe, he'll know exactly how to get it."

Nelson was taken aback by these words, Lissette would often send her messengers to Thorpe simply because his Rangers didn't have a kill on sight policy, but how would he know what to get?
"What do you mean?" Nelson queried and Lissette simply smiled and shook her head as she stood up.
"Now, now, that's none of your business. Let's just say I want more land for my people and he'll eventually need help taking back the Rangers lost glory, it'll be a win-win." With that she left the room, leaving Nelson simply sat alone, perplexed at what the hell that stupid woman had meant. What exactly were the Rangers planning to do? And how could that help the Pirate Armada?

3:27pm – City Docks

Akemi stood on the Docks with her usual entourage. Ireth, once again not present today as she had remained in the Palace to keep the preparations running smoothly, and to keep the Valoronians and Phoenixians at bay. Grandmaster Thorpe was due to return within the hour but had sent Master Talis, who was the Second in Command of the Rangers of Mesairien, in his stead. Talis stood to Akemi's Right, next to Kai and the recently arrived Admiral Nelson, swiftly returning from his ‘successful’ meeting with Lissette to her left. Behind them stood the usual ensemble of Keirin and Rangers

And of course, behind them stood the 200 Mesairien Knights in their Greeting formation. Almost everyone watched in awe as the massive Ship of the Line entered the port, Nelson however was unmoved and actually scoffed at the silly design. He believed it to be a huge and powerful ship but knew it wouldn't manoeuver very well in a battle meaning a group of Mesairien Large Frigates, both powerful and manoeuvrable, could bring it down easily.
The Queen eyed up Prince Michael and his entourage as they exited the ship, as he bowed she curtsied in response. Talis and the Rangers behind her though prepared themselves to get into a fight and defend the Queen as the rabble of soldiers disembarked their ship behind Prince Michael. Compared to Mesairien soldiers they didn't have an air of discipline about them, for example their armour wasn't as uniform as you would expect. However, only a fool underestimates a potential opponent.

Akemi gave a fake smile as Michael kissed her hand and complimented her, she didn't really enjoy people besides Ireth touching her body without permission but since this was a diplomatic meeting she decided not to become too annoyed, after all it may be tradition in the Byzantine Empire.
"It is a pleasure to meet you and have you in our lands. And I thank you for your kind words good sir but flattery truly is not necessary." She said before taking a step to the side and motioning with her left hand.
"Now, it is my honour to welcome you to the City of Osiria. If you will accompany me I shall show you to your room in the Eastern Wing of the Royal Palace. I do hope that both will be to your liking." Akemi added, she then gave a glance to Michael's guards. "I must ask that you allow us to prepare alternative accommodation for your guards. We do not allow foreign armed soldiers into the Royal Palace, I hope you understand." She gave a sly smile and looked into Michael's eyes, if he thought she was beautiful then maybe a bit a of a flirty look could sway him to follow Mesairien's traditions without getting uppity about being robbed of his guards.
Last edited by Mesairien on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valorono
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valorono » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Mesairien wrote:2:37pm – City docks

Akemi felt much better after sending the letter to the Imperium. She was able to vent her feelings, but on-top of that things had taken a much brighter tone. Mere moments ago she received a letter from the Emperor of the Brotherhood of Steel which informed her that he wished for peaceful and friendly relations to brew between the two Nations and that he had dispatched a small envoy to come to the summit and meet Akemi in person – such a powerful ally was a truly spectacular event, surely Goddess Kleira had played a hand in this development.

Now, however, was not the time to ponder on the actions of Deity’s and foreign lands. The Tsar of Valorono was due to arrive any moment and this time Akemi was determined not to ruin the first impressions as she had with the King of Phoenixia. She stood shoulder to shoulder with Commander Kai, with 12 Rangers behind her and 24 Queen’s Keirin behind them and the 200 Mesairien Knights standing in a greeting formation – four lines of 50, two either side of the pier – around her. These Knights wore their very best armour for the occasion, to show off Mesairien’s wealth and pride.

As the Valoronian vessel pulled into the docks ropes began to be thrown all around to tether the vessel to land. Akemi closed her eyes and took a deep breath as the gang plank lowered and off came the King of… Valorono? The sight perplexed her, a strange Humanoid animal had exited the vessel – she had heard rumours of such a strange species but had never come face to face with one, this Tsar’s species seemed similar to the Vrekier, an anthromorphic species that roamed the Mesairien planes and rarely came into contact with humans, but something was different – he seemed more tame and civilized. Shaking her head, Akemi rid herself of these thoughts and approached Tsar Moses alongside Kai.

She curtsied and Kai Bowed to the creature once they had finished walking down the gang plank.
“A pleasure to meet you Tsar Moses the third, I am Queen Akemi ruler of the Queendom of Mesairien. I thank you for coming to our humble Summit of Nations this day – might our workers offload your vessel whilst I walk you to the Palace?” She humbly asked as several Silver Hawks squawked overhead.

As Moses bowed in response to the two, his guards kept at their stance.
"There is no need Queen Akemi Mau. As All that was needed is on us." Dimitri said as he walked with the queen.
"This is quite a beautiful country You have here" Dimitri said as he heard the Silver Hawks and saw the exotic landscape
Long live Byzantium

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 pm

4:14 PM

It was early evening when the Transoxthraxian ships arrived at Mesairien. Both the King and Queen got off the boat before any of their accompaniment, including the Transoxthraxian marshal and the Atloalothi Grand Vizier. Since lal of them were royalty, few of them had ever been on a boat before, excluding the King, who was a regular sailor. However, the other three were all sea sick, but Dem'ta was hiding it well, for the sake of diplomatic policy. Behind the King, Queen, Grand Vizier and Marshal marched a small force of Transoxthraxian soldiers, in full-clad battle gear, their light green armor gleaming in the slowly descending sun. The King had been muttering things, inaudibly, probably about the uselessness of coming, and how angry the people would be once they figure out where they had gone.

Dem'ta ignored him, the old man was usually as such. Instead, she had arrived at the docks, and searched for anybody who would seem like a figure of authority.

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Mesairien wrote:OOC: Man, never get behind on posts! – Sorry to Val and Phoen, I decided to skip ahead after your arrivals but feel free to RP your King and Tsar’s reactions to Akemi and Mesairien – you’re free to wander the Palace and explore the Capital at will in future posts until the Summit.

Mesairien, Isle of Mesa, Capital City of Osiria, Royal Palace
11:21am - Jaruven 4th 1271 S.Y.

This morning had become quite hectic around the Palace, there was a lot to do for preparations for the Summit and both Akemi and Ireth had become indisposed attempting to cover all of their bases – thanks to Thorpe finally finding the time to slip away to Castle Kleira to initiate his new Rangers - and the Protectorate Ambassador, Sir Walter Shell, also had several annoying requests that needed to be fulfilled. After all, the Queendom needed the Protectorate to be onside should anything occur between Mesairien and the Dual Crown Alliance since both helping other Nations and fighting a war would severely reduce Akemi’s ability to ensure the safety of the two dozen Island Nations under her jurisdiction.

In lieu of this, Akemi asked Grand-Pauin Michael Kortez to take her place and go to greet the King of Phoenixia who would be the first delegate to arrive this morning, it was a shame he could not be greeted properly but she hoped he would be wise enough to understand the demands that were laying on her shoulders.
Of course, neither Akemi nor Kortez could of predicted this King to be such an obnoxious imbecile, to say the least. He’d just landed and already he was throwing threats around, despite the very formal and spectacular greeting of 12 Rangers, 24 Keirin, 200 Knights and even a release of dozens of Silver Eagles. None of it had even phased this King - the creepy ensemble of a peculiarly young Harem didn’t help Kortez’s impression either. He attempted to calm the Phoenixian down but the man would have none of it, so in the end Kortez resorted to keeping his mouth shut and simply informing the King he would be taken to see Akemi at the Palace – hopefully she could explain, though without any Ranger masters or any of the Blades around it was doubtful they could really put this man in his place, so there was bound to be a substantial amount of obnoxious shouting.

When they arrived at the Palace door Akemi was already stood with an assortment of Keirin guards by either side of her, a runner had already informed her of the Grand-Pauin’s impending arrival with a difficult tag-along.
“King Erikson the second, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance – I am Queen Akemi Mau of the Queendom of Mesairien, apologies I could not meet you at the harbour but there is much work that needs to be done for the summit and I have been indisposed this morning.” Akemi said, smiling warmly as she raised her hand to shake Erik’s – something told her that today was going to be incredibly long.
After a long discussion… or dispute, nobody was entirely sure as King Erik was immensely erratic, the King was shown to his Quarters on the Eastern Wing of the Royal Palace – his room was the first door on the right and overlooked the beautiful gardens.

The king remained silent when he arrived at the palace, he prefered his mighty fortress as this was most certainly the palace of a queen and not someone he would need to respect. At least he wouldn't need to rebuild it. Grinning himself he ordered that his entourage should went to their properate places already while he waited for the meeting with the queen. Finaly he entered the throne room and was meet with the usual amount of guards, as that would safe her when he had bad mood and he steamed already. He simply bowed in respect like it was custom.
" I hope that will not repeat itself, I'm here because Mesairien has not dared to threaten me with Tributes by now. However I accept your apollogy for now. So my fame has hitting this shore already ? Good so I don't need to prove my point. Well I will help you to break this Constanian bullies but everything comes with a price." He set up a smile that would send shivers trough any normal people.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents