NATION

PASSWORD

A Silent Claim (FT, TG for Entry) OOC Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Citizens Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 27, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Fri May 10, 2013 5:10 am

I have a post half-written, but I'm just waiting on Xiscapia so I can write up that portion of the post. For once I'm actually not being lazy!
Factbook: See Nation Page, Click "Factbook" Button
Naval Register: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=155457

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Apologies on the hideously long wait time. Final exams and all that. Hope it was worth the wait!
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Democratic Colonies
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Colonies » Mon May 20, 2013 8:42 am

No need to apologize! I think all three of us have RL things going on, and we all respect that. I'm about to read the IC post now, and I'm certain it's excellent!

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 am

Oy vey. This just got drastically more complicated than I was expecting. Right sooo.......

Xis, your guys are acting under the Columbia Conglomerate's contract, which means that the UCN can't really do much to interfere.

DC, I don't imagine you would want your personnel falling into the hands of mercs, and I assume you'd rather that if they have to be captured, they be captured by another professional navy.

So yah. This could be fun to sort out! I'm gonna get to work on a post now.

Democratic Colonies
Envoy

Postby Democratic Colonies » Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm

United Citizens Republics wrote:DC, I don't imagine you would want your personnel falling into the hands of mercs, and I assume you'd rather that if they have to be captured, they be captured by another professional navy.

I actually quite like the chaos going on, and I don't have any problem with the mercs getting a hold of DC personnel. Perhaps there might be a split, with some DC personnel being captured by Bloodstorm mercs, and some being captured by the UCN? Let's just see how it develops!

Before you post though, UCR, I'd like to make a quick post about Challenger's response to Cyclone's firing of ion blasts at it.

I do hope you don't mind, Xiscapia, but seeing as Cyclone is firing at a range of a "handful of light-minutes away" with the ion blasts traveling at near light speed, I don't think Challenger will have too much trouble evading them as they have literal minutes to get out of the way.

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Tue May 21, 2013 2:20 pm

And that's why the UCN simply sticks huge OMG EMP bombs into the tips of near-lightspeed LMA projectiles!

Huge OMG EMP Bombs: Because Accuracy Is For Wusses

Also, just a heads up, but Battlegroup Three is pulling its flanking maneuver whether it needs to or not. So...yay for my basic understanding of military tactics!
Last edited by United Citizens Republics on Tue May 21, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Democratic Colonies
Envoy

Postby Democratic Colonies » Tue May 21, 2013 3:31 pm

United Citizens Republics wrote:And that's why the UCN simply sticks huge OMG EMP bombs into the tips of near-lightspeed LMA projectiles!

Huge OMG EMP Bombs: Because Accuracy Is For Wusses

Also, just a heads up, but Battlegroup Three is pulling its flanking maneuver whether it needs to or not. So...yay for my basic understanding of military tactics!

I'm eager to see the chaos grow, bring on the flanking maneuver and high c-frac projectiles!

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Democratic Colonies wrote:No need to apologize! I think all three of us have RL things going on, and we all respect that. I'm about to read the IC post now, and I'm certain it's excellent!

Heh, cool.

United Citizens Republics wrote:Oy vey. This just got drastically more complicated than I was expecting. Right sooo.......

Xis, your guys are acting under the Columbia Conglomerate's contract, which means that the UCN can't really do much to interfere.

I'm sure the good Captain will be pleased to find that her suspicions were correct. Nothing like jumping on an opportunity that presents itself.

Democratic Colonies wrote:
United Citizens Republics wrote:Before you post though, UCR, I'd like to make a quick post about Challenger's response to Cyclone's firing of ion blasts at it.

I do hope you don't mind, Xiscapia, but seeing as Cyclone is firing at a range of a "handful of light-minutes away" with the ion blasts traveling at near light speed, I don't think Challenger will have too much trouble evading them as they have literal minutes to get out of the way.

Not at all. After all, the Cyclone's Captain doesn't know about the DC A.I., and thus has no way of knowing that the cruisers aren't being similarly put out of commission by the UCR virus. She'll be in for an unpleasant surprise.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:46 pm

I have a post sorta half-written, but I don't want to post before DC gets a chance to respond to all of the pew-pew mayhem! So I'll wait.

Democratic Colonies
Envoy

Postby Democratic Colonies » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:00 pm

United Citizens Republics wrote:I have a post sorta half-written, but I don't want to post before DC gets a chance to respond to all of the pew-pew mayhem! So I'll wait.

Thanks, and sorry about the delay in my posting! I know we've been going at a slow pace, which I like, but I did mean to post sooner than this. I apologize, my real life just kind of vomited everywhere recently. I hope to post in the next few days though!

Also, I've received a TG expressing interest from Steel Confessors, who as far as I can tell, RPs a race of cybernetic horrors. The name sounded familiar, so I did some digging, and his writing certainly seems up to snuff. It looks like right now Commodore Tipton's forces will be defeated and captured, her relief forces will arrive at some point in the coming IC weeks, and then yet another round of negotiations will occur, although these might be spiced up by the usage of Tipton and her people as hostages. Alternatively/additionally though, we could have cybernetic horrors come into the mix and force some strained cooperation between the factions involved, or at least put pressure on negotiations.

Considering the writing sample I found through some simple browsing, and considering the potential for strained cooperation and potential backstabbing, I think Steel Confessors' addition could add a lot to the thread so I would be for his entry. I understand as well though if the preference is to keep things smaller and tighter with only the three of us as participants.

I've linked Steel Confessors to this thread if he wants to mention anything. What do you two think?

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Cybernetic horrors, eh? Personally, I see no problem with that. The whole "common enemy" thing could be an interesting thread to explore.

Steel Confessors
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Confessors » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:56 am

Well, first I have to offer my thanks for accepting me or at least for thinking of such.

Anyways, I might take a bit for an IC post as I'm in the middle of a PCS. I might be able to get some free time though during TDY.
Factbook in progress

Military lSociety l History l Steel Confessor Tenet Booklet

"Steel, is by its very nature is the most secure and protective material that mankind has produced. It can be bent into shapes, made into wire, forged into plate and weapons. It is versatile as flesh but stronger. It is humanity's next evolution and thus a facet of the divine" -Steel Confessor Tenet I

An avowed believer in Mankind's own divinity. This does not mean I believe in a god. Just us.

Fuck it, might as well do one of these. I am a pansexual male, Egalitarian, Progressive Fascist, Humanist, and a Major in the United States Army.

Fearing the Future only leaves us with stone tools.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:58 pm

I have no issue with including another player either. I'll leave exact involvement details between SC and DC, considering he's OP, barring anyone requesting my input.
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Democratic Colonies
Envoy

Postby Democratic Colonies » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:56 pm

I'm glad we've reached a consensus! Barring any changes in heart then, Steel Confessors shall be joining our RP.

Steel Confessors wrote:Anyways, I might take a bit for an IC post as I'm in the middle of a PCS. I might be able to get some free time though during TDY.

I'm afraid I don't really know what you mean there - what is PCS and TDY?

In any case though, a bit of time before your IC entry would be best I think, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been looking forward to the boarding action that will be occurring shortly aboard DCNS Challenger! Once that's been resolved though, I feel the timing would be better for all involved, wouldn't you agree?

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 am

Xis, you can have everyone and everything from every other vessel. I would, however, like to lay claim to the crew of the Challenger. If only because Tipton seems eager to meet Elena face-to-face. *Evil Laugh*

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Grrrr.....I get sidetracked easily. I'll have a post up by tonight!

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:43 am

United Citizens Republics wrote:Xis, you can have everyone and everything from every other vessel. I would, however, like to lay claim to the crew of the Challenger. If only because Tipton seems eager to meet Elena face-to-face. *Evil Laugh*

Hmm...

Seriously though, that's probably fine, pending my actually reading what's been posted. The mercs will be happy as long as they get lots and lots of profitable ships and hostages.
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Don't worry. The UCR has zero interest in anything but Tipton and the crew of the Challenger. Once they've been dealt with, the wreckage and everything aboard it is yours.

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Alright. I have a post. Xis, I'm not wholely sure where to go with your mercs on the CC vessel, so I left that out for now, at least until their called for....whatever you want to do with them.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm

United Citizens Republics wrote:Alright. I have a post. Xis, I'm not wholely sure where to go with your mercs on the CC vessel, so I left that out for now, at least until their called for....whatever you want to do with them.

I expect they'll be pulled off at some point to help with cleaning up what's left of the DC task force.
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm

That was what I thought, so for the sake of efficiency and whatnot, let's just assume they're geared up with the largest BFGs they could carry. And such.
Last edited by United Citizens Republics on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:34 pm

United Citizens Republics wrote:That was what I thought, so for the sake of efficiency and whatnot, let's just assume their geared up with the largest BFGs they could carry. And such.

Sounds good to me.
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Democratic Colonies
Envoy

Postby Democratic Colonies » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:57 pm

I just read your post, UCR, and I must say I'm quite enjoying how much Elena is enjoying seeing the DC force being crushed. I don't have any preference for how prisoners and things are divided up between UCR or Bloodstorm, but I'm sure it'll be interesting either way.

Xiscapia, did you want to post what your Bloodstorm mercs are up to while up to while Commander Cooper's Marines board Challenger? Will there be a competing boarding effort? Or shall I go ahead?

Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Citizens Republics » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Why thank you very much. She likes to win. No ifs, ands, or buts. And in case you were wondering, ABD stands for Automated Boarding Drone. Little soccerballs of non-lethal incapacitation, they are.

As for prisoners, like I said, the UCR is interested only in the crew of the Challenger and even then mostly they're mostly after Tipton. Everyone else is just a bonus.
Last edited by United Citizens Republics on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents